[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has anyone realized this before?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

You know what always bothered me, /mlp/?

The Equalists lead by Glimmer, and no, not the fact that they no longer had cutie marks, the fact that weren't good at ANYTHING after their marks were taken. Humans don't know what makes them special, and often times it's nothing at all, not inborn talent, but I'm starting to think ponies ONLY have an inborn talent, and nothing else. The Equalists made shitty muffins, clothes, and houses, but why? Surely with enough practice making muffins you could get good at it, even if you rotated the jobs with a lot of others, so why not the Equalists? I'm starting to realize how absolutely vital a cutie mark is for a pony, without it they literally cannot function to any degree besides the very base level, and until they get it they can only work at the very base level. Does anyone else think this is really fucked up?
>>
Bump, I'm interested to see what anyone else thinks.
>>
>>29336054
>the concept of destiny is pants-on-head retarded and shifting the meaning of cutie marks from "thing you're super good at" to "thing you have to do" was one of the death-knells of the show
In other news, water is wet, niggers steal cars, and Jim has a rampant fanbase of Glimmerposters who literally provide nothing of value to the board.
>>
File: 93b.jpg (26KB, 600x557px) Image search: [Google]
93b.jpg
26KB, 600x557px
>>29336054
>>
>>29336362
>when you realize I actually dislike Glimmer and am a devout FaustFag.

I just noticed this as a HUGE plot point of that entire episode, and I want to see what other people think about it.
>>
>>29336054
this is why cutie marks are a stupid idea, they don't even look good
>>
>>29336376
One, I was just pointing out obvious things. Wasn't implying anything about OPs likes/dislikes.

Two, this has been discussed to death, much like every other episode. The reason poners with no CM are shit at doing thing is directly tied into the way the writing team deviated from Faust's original view regarding Cutie Marks, as evidenced in the shitshow that we fondly remember as 'Magical Mystery Cure'. Way it used to be, your Cutie Mark was both an allegory for puberty and the thing you got when you realized the thing that made you unique, the thing you loved to do. Now, it's destiny, with every bit of bad writing and stupid reasoning that word implies.
>>
>>29336054
The equality MLP has shown was the forced equality. When everyone is equal, everyone is replaceable; when everyone is replaceable, you won't really be missed. Nobody is bad or good at anything. Nobody is anything. They are nobodies.
>>
CMs are the magical convalescence of one's ability, all their ability in relation to their mark is quite literally stored in the mark, it's like having a magic rune tattood on your hand so you shoot fireballs every time you give someone the middle finger. Without the mark they lose all talent in that area.
>>
>>29336054

I still wonder what would have happened if Glimmer took off her CM too instead of keeping it
What would the mane 6 do to blame her?
Equalists came to her in desperation and stayed because of fear just like people in feudal era
S5 premiere had so much potential
>>
>>29336054
I never thought about that. Huh.
Wtf I'm a faustfag now.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.