[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how should she be added to the equestria girls series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 12

File: glim.png (253KB, 783x1024px) Image search: [Google]
glim.png
253KB, 783x1024px
IMO she should be the villain of the 5th movie, try to steal the mane seven's magic because it makes them better than everypony, and then join the group after admitting she was wrong.
>>
Oh, OP. Here it comes.
>>
Glimglam is for sexual.
>>
>>29324985
Sunset is a better Glimmer.
>>
>>29324985
She's an organizer of a "peaceful protest" against Celestia's new plans for the school. All of her followers smile all the time and have shield with writing along the lines of "equality trumps preferance" trying to "educate" bystanders who really just want to be somewhere else. In the end she dons the apparell of her enemy and damages her own protest to make them seem like the victim.
>>
>>29324985
>taking away magic to make everyone equal
>wrong
That's literally all anybody should be trying to do in a world where magic exists.
>>
Batshit insane SJW
>>
>>29325561
but you see, its OKAY when the mane six have magic!
Its just when everyone ELSE has magic that its bad. "Embrace the magic!" remember?
>>
>>29324985
How should she be added to the show /mlp/? Taken a different route or to follow the storyline of Past Sins with a few alterations to make it more kid friendly?
>>
>>29324985

left glimmer is extremely sexy
>>
>>29324985
she'll show up in EqG when Sunset shows up in FiM
>>
>>29324985
We aren't getting a fifth movie, dipshit.
We are getting 22 minute specials.
Where have you been the past year?
And EG Glimmer is the Church of Scientology
>>
>>29324985

I wanna beat her, when she is human it will feel better
>>
>>29327864

Nope, the pony version will offer less resistance
>>
>>29327272

3 22 minute specials is just a movie chopped up into 3 easy to air portions.
>>
>>29328972
We all know the specials are the pilot to an EG show.
>>
>>29328986
that's just wishful thinking on the part of Shimmefags, and you know it. There's not going to be a series.
>>
File: 1485141012934.jpg (46KB, 653x672px) Image search: [Google]
1485141012934.jpg
46KB, 653x672px
>>29329163
>There's not going to be a series.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You're an idiot.
>>
>>29329181
They won't make an equestria girls series so long as they also have FIM running. That's too much on their plate.
Plus, they haven't even caught the minis up to the LOE part of the movies, and the Minis are what's important for equestria girls sales.
>>
>>29329181

People like you always dissappear when thinga actually happen

Like faggots who said s5 or s6 was going to be last season or that Twilight was going to lose her wings
Please stay so I can laugh at you when it doesnt happen
>>
Vump
>>
>>29330589

Its "Bump"
>>
>>29329225
Knowing hasbro they'd hire a whole new team of shitty writers and animators just to do both at the same time.
>>
>>29324985
Cameo appearance as a crazy cultist hanging out outside an airport trying to give the Mane 7 pamphlets on the benefits of communism.
Maybe if she's lucky she can get another background appearance in the next movie of her ditching the cult and chilling with Sunburst.

As far as her joining the group, sorry anon, they already have an adorable reformed villain on their squad and her name is Scilight.
>>
>>29325402
FUCKING THIS.
It pisses me off that we'll never get shimsham in Friendship is magic because we got Haber's pet sue instead.
>>
>>29324985
She's already been the villain and reformed. What's the point of doing it again?
>>
>>29332846
Now you understand why Starlight seems superfluous to Shimmer fans.
>>
>>29332916
Sunset never did shit half as badass as glimmer, nor is she half as powerful.
>>
>>29333122
Plus Sunset isn't a FiM character so it's not like they're having two of the same character.
>>
>>29333122
>I have a Sunset Angel
>Your argument is invalid
>>
>>29333426
And Starlight rewrote time itself and set up an if/than loop with the Elements of harmony power.
Having power over time itself to rewrite it as you see fit is far more powerful than a simple Super saiyan mode that you LOSE after 10 seconds and never get back again. (How's that no wings working out for you shimmers? I'm sure Starlight will get some in Season 7 or 8 though permanently)
>>
>>29334457
It's impossible to rewrite time, anon.
What Starlight did was travel to the past in a succession of parallel universes, altering them slightly to create a series of dark reflective timelines. Impressive but ultimately meaningless. If Twilight and Spike had chosen not to touch the scroll, they would have never been pulled along with her and would have never experienced those alternate timelines. It would have been as if she simply disappeared from the main timeline. And since no one ever cast the spell again, she would have been stuck in the War with King Sombra timeline.
Regardless, they still haven't given her an element of harmony. You know who they did give an element to? This pony in human form right here!
>>
File: edgy_foals.jpg (176KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
edgy_foals.jpg
176KB, 720x480px
>>29327864
>>29328471
>>
>>29335008
>It wasn't REAL Time travel!
Nice theory you have there. too bad there's nothing in the episode to hint at that or it being anything but "normal" time travel.

>Sunset has an EOH
Sunset has a MAGIC NECKLACE. their necklaces aren't powered in any way by the elements of harmony, Glory could use her just fine after all without exhibiting the EOH.
>>
File: 1449442182357.png (530KB, 680x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1449442182357.png
530KB, 680x1042px
>>29335158
>Nice theory you have there. too bad there's nothing in the episode to hint at that or it being anything but "normal" time travel.
Okay at this point this has nothing to do with our Shim Sham vs Glim Glam nonsense (I'll acknowledge it's a powerful spell and it basically means Starlight has Jesus grade power, but it doesn't make me like her anymore), I'm just kinda of a stickler for time travel. First of all there's really no such thing as "normal" time travel. There are two forms of time travel that occur in fiction, and those forms are based on the model of how time works. The first is based on the idea of a single non-changing time-line while the second is based on Hypertime, or the multiverse theory. As luck would have it both forms are easily illustrated by MLP episodes so this should be pretty easy to explain.
It's About Time works on a single time-line theory, so if you use Time Travel with this model (as Twilight does to warn her past self) you won't be able to change anything. She already got the vision from the future which resulted in her going crazy trying to prevent a terrible future which never happened. Time traveling won't change the events of the past because if it did you wouldn't remember it like that. So if you went back to try and prevent something you remember happening, you'll fail because that's how you remember it happening.
(Too long, need another post.)
>>
File: 1449373162554.png (1MB, 900x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1449373162554.png
1MB, 900x1224px
>>29335682
Now The Cutie-Remark shows the ability to change the past but that would be logically impossible. If you could change the past, it could result in a scenario where you end up making it so you were never born, and such a scenario is a paradox. The closest we could have to such a scenario is the Hypertime theory, where instead of going back to YOUR WORLD'S past, you go back to the past of a world that is identical. You can then muck about with the world as much as you want and when you return to the future the changes will have occurred. However, since this IS a different world there would be another you and since this is no longer your world you would be a dimensional immigrant. Your original world would be the same though. Nothing would change save or you suddenly disappearing. And I can prove that this is how Starlight's spell works.
After Starlight and Twilight get zapped through the time travel spell, they are immediately in the past. And any changes that they make should immediately take place back in the future. However Pinkie has enough time to walk into the room, see nobody is there and eat the giant cake she brought with her. If the main timeline HAD been changed all of that would have suddenly blinked out of existence and been replaced with something else. Since that didn't happen we can conclude that what Starlight did was transport Twilight to a series of parallel worlds that she tampered with, creating the catalyst events for a series of dark timelines.
I suppose it could be a form of time travel that "changes the past" but that would allow for so many paradoxes and that's lazy story telling. I mean doesn't that seem lazy?
>>
File: tumblr_oac7trqhni1qeqzlso1_1280.png (214KB, 1131x859px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oac7trqhni1qeqzlso1_1280.png
214KB, 1131x859px
>>29335158
>>29335733
Oh and before I forget, damn you and such! Your pony is inferior to my pony. Okay I think that's everything. Good chat.
>>
>>29335733
>I mean doesn't that seem lazy?
Little.
girls.
show.
>>
>>29335768
Look that's just the way I see time travel. The whole "Marty McFly disappearing schtick" just makes zero logical sense.
>>
She, Twilight and sunset should take over as the sole EOH, and the other 5 should retire to plebian lives, since only those three are cut out to be Alicorn princesses.
>>
>>29335799
Well that sounds... terrible.
>>
>>29335808
the other 5 are shit. Twilight, Glimmer and sunset top all the polls and popularity ratings.
Shimmer alone BTFO the other 5 almost combined in equestria girls.
Besides, its fate; the other 5 were designed to be Slice of life cake bakers and stuff, that's their destiny, to be forgettable civilians. Its Sunset, twilight and glimmer who aren't bound by set fates, who's goals is to be magical Super warriors. They have no purpose in life BUT to be those things, the others can't choose that life without breaking their predestination for other things.
>>
>>29335829
The whole point of the show is that the Elements of Harmony are stronger together than apart. Even when Twilight has all the powers of 4 Alicorn Princesses combined it can't match the power her and her friends can achieve together. Hell if the rest of the Mane 6 had her back during the Cutie Remark, Starlight would have been screwed. She was already on the ropes fighting toe-to-toe with Twilight, imagine having to deal with Rainbow Dash's constant fly-bys, Applejack trying to buck the ever living fuck out of her, Fluttershy's animal companions (mostly birds since Cloudsdale but still), and whatever non-sense Rairty and Pinkie Pie could whip up against her on short notice.
>>
>>29335881
>If she'd had the other 5 too!

You mean the pony that could mind rape them all easily and can pull all sorts of reality warping shit out on the fly would be inconvenienced by the pony who's sole ability is "Can kick stuff", a baker, a tailor, and the scaredest pony in equestria?
Fuck, the other 5 are useless apart from being twilight's Cheer squad. There's a reason they had to NERF twilight in Power ponies in ADDITION to making the other super powered to make Twilight not still outclass them.

As for the themes of friendship: Yeah, that's why they'd STILL have that them, just with Twilight, Sunset and Glimmer. It'd be about the three of them embodying friendship and how it makes their magic super powerful and lets them do the impossible.
The three of them are the huge super big breakout characters who have incredible bonds with each other (Look at twilight and glimmer;s interaction with each other for example), and are also actually designed, from the ground up, to be about Giant adventure episodes and kicking evil's teeth in as a team.
>>
File: tumblr_ofisubRvsE1rdvbiao1_1280.gif (411KB, 643x387px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofisubRvsE1rdvbiao1_1280.gif
411KB, 643x387px
>>29335910
>You mean the pony that could mind rape them all easily and can pull all sorts of reality warping shit out on the fly would be inconvenienced by the pony who's sole ability is "Can kick stuff", a baker, a tailor, and the scaredest pony in equestria?
I feel like you keep purposefully ignoring the pony that can break the sound barrier.
Also, a good roleplaying team should be balanced. How well did your mind raping mary sue do against that Changeling throne again?
Thank god she had a beautiful Insect Prince to back her up.
>>
>>29333122
the extent of Starlight's magical prowess was literally ripped from Sunset's Arc in the comics especially since Sunset was supposed to be the most talented Unicorn in Equestria before Twilight came around.

Really she's a Shimmer clone that's sociopathic and all around unlikable.
>>
>>29335941
So in order to make Starlight NOT as good you have to start introducing Deus ex machina "I remove your powers" objects?
that's like saying that Goku isn't that powerful because they could introduce a "turn martial artistis into normal people" machine or something.
>>29335951
>Unlikeable
But she IS likeable! Haven't you been keeping up with all the polls and people posting about her?
>>
>>29335768
get out jim.
>>
>>29335951
Well pre-redemption Sunset was kind of a sociopath herself but to her credit she had much great ambitions than Starlight. I mean trying to achieve Alicornhood seems a bit more impressive than trying to get ponies to join your creepy friendship cult. Though to Starlight's credit she did take her revenge to Skullface levels of crazy.
I suppose Starlight did retain a lot more sociopath tendencies after her redemption, but at least she's entertaining. Still prefer Sunset though.
>>
>>29336032
new sunset is a completely different character, in name only.
Glimmer is still the actual same character in personality, you can actually see the heel face turn that way instead of just a character replacement.
>>
>>29324985
>Implying the poor toy sales from EqG will warrant another movie
Anon...
>>
File: 1477238197024.png (235KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477238197024.png
235KB, 600x600px
>>29335951
>Comics
>Amounting to shit
Kek. Glimmy is her own pone she doesn't need to copy some no hooves non canon nobody
>>
>>29337695
the minis are selling like crazy...
>>
>>29338324

[Citation needed]
>>
>>29335043

>edgy
Let me remind you
>>
>>29324985
She should've been exclusively EqG material,
>>
>>29340587
never, because hasbro decision.
>>
>>29339649
the quarterly reports for one have shown then booming. Every single one we've gotten so far have shown the minis to be the salvation of the series.
>>
>>29335829
Rainbow dash's goal is to be a hero and defender of others-- Look at all the alternate timelines, she's always in a Military or guardian position of some kind.

Dash could easily throw off the wonderbolts and flub her destiny into being some sort of magical girl warrior who defends equestria without it seeming out of character. Her favorite dream was her fighting monsters after all.
>>
>>29342229

Yeah, but where did you read that
Does hasbro publish its sales?
>>
bumping for one coherent post.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.