[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To What The Fuck And Back Again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 26

File: ocs party.png (864KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ocs party.png
864KB, 1280x720px
>the main character is the writer's OC
>the writer can't write the other characters, let alone their interactions, so they're nothing but background characters during the whole story
>most of the secondary characters have no relation whatsoever with the main character, but the writer makes it so all of them have no choice but to need his OC's help
>the main character is so ludicrously OP that the writer needs to make up contrived obstacles so his character won't defeat the villain immediately
>the story rewrites the established lore, turning an intelligent antagonist into a pure evil and sadist villain without any other motivation but plain stupidity
>the story also completely ignores the moral of key episodes the story is allegedly a continuation of, making the whole thing not only unjustifiably out of place but also unawarely racist

This episode was literally a bad fanfic. If when Double Rainboom and Dusk's Dawn were made someone had animated a short with this story, it'd be unanimously considered the worst of all of them. And you know it.
>>
>>29322845
but it has ponies in it, so it's good. go away faustard!
>>
Changelings were not evil or good based on their appearance, all that showed was if they were being starved or not. Chrysalis is also you know, pretty dumb and also psychotic.

The rest I agree with.
>>
>>29322845
Nuchangelings begin staving, they realize its because they can't actually feed off of each other, that's not how energy works, they go crawling back to their true queen. Thorax is fine because he's been feeding off of Spike, so he doesn't understand. Thorax is kidnapped and executed for nearly causing mass genocide of the changelings. Thorax the bringer of famine will go down in changeling schooling as the most evil changeling ever.
>>
>>29323574
I'm not gonna say that this is a pasta,but it's a pasta
>>
>>29323659
Don't care, spread it everywhere.
>>
>>29322861
>dumb and psychotic
Chrysalis managed to replace an alicorm princess right under the nose of the captain of the royal guard and without any other princess noticing that anything was up.
She would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for those stupid pones and their meddling dragon.
>>
>>29324254
pussy is pussy, man. don't matter if its bug pussy or not
she got him bamboozled while he was ridiculously overworked making a giant bubble to cover an entire city, came in and offered to "help him with his pain" and mind controlled the fuck out of him. Wasn't really that hard. She also tended to avoid Celestia and Luna wasn't even present until the wedding reception
>>
Remainder that it was all a ruse, orchestrated and performed by changelings.
All stupid decisions?
Planed.
Changelings betraying Chrysalis?
Acted out.
Whole capture everyone to take over Equestria thing?
A ruse.
Changelings are master deceivers, and they fooled everyone.
Whole transformation into jewel bugs?
Faked.
They still are loyal to their queen.
Only ponies now think that big bad black scary bugponies are now reformed and good.
Now changelings have it easy mode, free love from everyone because of one, big, masterfully crafted and pulled off lie.
They have all the love they need, indefinitely.
No need to steal love when stupid ponies throw it at you.
Biggest gambit.
Final solution.
>>
File: Your Tears.gif (298KB, 308x373px) Image search: [Google]
Your Tears.gif
298KB, 308x373px
>>29322845
>the main character is the writer's OC
sauce?
>the writer can't write the other characters
on the contrary, i thought they were all in character.
>most of the secondary characters have no relation whatsoever with the main character
trixie is her best friend, she was in the original group thorax was introduce to, and shes the friend of discords friend but that didnt matter since discords only interest was fluttershy, as was shown when he didnt give a fuck until she mentioned fluttershy was captured.
>the main character is so ludicrously OP that the writer needs to make up contrived obstacles so his character won't defeat the villain immediately
so conflict is now contrived obstacles? why didnt celestia defeat her sister again? why didnt discord instantly incapacitate the m6 and princesses? why didnt cadance and twilight teleport out of the dungeon basement? why didnt celestia and luna help look for the crystal heart if it was so important? and so on.
its a plot device, and its not new. dont pretend like it is just to suit your pessimistic views.
>turning an intelligent antagonist into a pure evil and sadist villain without any other motivation but plain stupidity
she successfully took over equestria like she tried to do the first time. shes canon evil and a sadist. go watch the fucking show and stop reading fanfics.
>unjustifiably out of place but also unawarely racist
youre going to have to give some specific details on this because it sounds like youre pulling a /pol/ and simply seeing what you want to see.

>And you know it.
your shitty opinion will never be a fact.

>>29324254
she also didnt lock up the pones, but instead just sat there laughing out the window like a dumbass, and then mocked the idea that love could defeat her when she had literally just used it to defeat celestia.
>>
>>29324375
>>the writer can't write the other characters
>on the contrary, i thought they were all in character.
No, they were all in a pod until the end of the episode
>>
File: 35688.png (587KB, 1136x665px) Image search: [Google]
35688.png
587KB, 1136x665px
>>29324381
seems in character to me.
>>
>>29324305
She still had to subdue the wife of the royal guard captain into the mines without anyone noticing. Got a be pretty hardcore to btfo an alicorn.
>>
>>29324381
>No, they were all in a pod until the end of the episode
So basically you're saying they were in character. Getting kidnapped and replaced by an army of shapeshifting soul eaters is pretty in character for any character that gets kidnapped and replaced by an army of shapeshifting soul eaters.
>>
>>29324405
not really, the only one who is ever canonically useful is Twalot and even then I don't think she's ever been useful as an alicorn without rainbow magic fiat. Took the power of all 4 combined to even stalemate tirek
>>
File: wew lad.jpg (111KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.jpg
111KB, 1252x1252px
>>29324407
I hope you're trying to be funny because if that was supposed to be a real argument you could easily be the clumsiest Hasdrone who has ever existed.
>>
>>29322845
Faust, please...
>>
File: Book horse is skeptical.jpg (639KB, 2500x1526px) Image search: [Google]
Book horse is skeptical.jpg
639KB, 2500x1526px
>>29324439
Alrighty then Smartypants. Give me your counterargument. Show me at what point anyone in this episode was out of character.
>>
>>29324439
says the man whose argument is "the characters who didnt appear in the episode werent in character"
>>
>>29324457
>>29324464
Where does the OP say anything about OOC?
>the writer can't write the other characters, let alone their interactions, so they're nothing but background characters during the whole story
They weren't neither in character nor OOC, they simply weren't in the episode at all because the writer can't write them.
>>
>>29324493
That's a pretty moot point when the main characters of the episode were written extremely well.
>>
>>29324493
thats not any better of an argument. in fact its just a baseless assumption pulled from his ass.
>>
>>29324515
>>29324518
>season 7 will be 26 episodes of ponies stuck inside different traps
>no story whatsoever
>no dialogue at all
>no one will be able to say that they aren't in character
>best season ever made
Sure, why not.
>>
>>29324524
>things that didnt happen
>desperation: the argument
when did you become so jaded anon? why cant you enjoy things anymore?
>>
>>29324515
>That's a pretty moot point when the main characters of the episode were written extremely well.
So if you air the Gravity Falls finale, where the main characters were written extremely well, as a MLP episode, it'd be a good MLP episode even if no one from the regular cast is there just because everyone is I character. Got it.
>>
>>29324524
>no story whatsoever
>no dialogue at all

>t. Things that didn't happen in the S6 final
>>
>>29324543
>False Equivalence: The argument
>>
>>29324555
>I can literally defend that having the characters kidnapped during the whole episode means that all of them are in character
>but I can dismiss any other equally stupid equivalence I don't like because reasons
Interesting.
>>
>>29324568
>equally stupid
Show me that your example is analogous to what happened in the episode. Take your time, I'm really fucking eager to hear your mental gymnastics.
>>
>>29324568
theyre not in our out of character you literal autist, they werent there. not every single episode has to have every single character. the cahracters that were in the episode were written fine. saying that the writer cant write other characters is a baseless assumption made by a man just looking for a reason to hate something.
>>
>>29324584
>a baseless assumption made by a man just looking for a reason to hate something.
/mlp/ in a nutshell, friend
>>
>>29324583
Sure. In both cases we have an episode where the main characters of the show are completely gone and all the action is about a different set of characters. In fact, my equivalence is even less stupid than saying that kidnapped characters who don't do anything are in character. Ask the Anon below you.

>>29324584
It wasn't me the one who said that they were in character, it was the Anon above you the one who came up with such stupid idea. I literally said
>They weren't neither in character nor OOC, they simply weren't in the episode at all
You fucking idiot.
>>
>>29324600
do you even have a point?
>>
>>29324612
>>29322845
>>
>>29324614
say it with your words, anon. i cant point out where youre being an idiot again if you keep backpedaling.
>>
>>29324600
>In both cases we have an episode where the main characters of the show are completely gone and all the action is about a different set of characters.
This is correct. However, you seem to be thinking this is a black and white dichotomy, that a character can only be THE main character or not. One set of characters has had interactions with the main cast, evolved along side them and follow the same general writing style of the show. The other is part of a completely different franchise. You seem to think because neither set is the main characters , they're both equally unrelated.

It's a little wrong to say a tomato is a vegetable. It's very wrong to say it's a suspension bridge.
>>
>>29324637
>It's very wrong to say a Tomato is a suspension bridge
>Implying
>>
>>29322845
CORRECT! CO-FUCKING-ERECT!

God, I've never agreed with anyone so hard in my fucking life! This episode was horrible, and its fans earn the name of Jimbecile!
>>29324375
"Hurr durr i'm drinkin your tears lmao" is not an argument.

As for the "Pol" bit, it's "Evil races ruled by evil people are evil, BUT can easily turn good by transforming and giving up their blackness and becoming beautiful and kind instead. All they have to do is realize stealing food is bad and hurting good ponies is bad and sharing is caring,
>>
File: cuztea.png (170KB, 662x662px) Image search: [Google]
cuztea.png
170KB, 662x662px
>>29324777
>"Hurr durr i'm drinkin your tears lmao" is not an argument
indeed, thats why theres text with my image that refutes all the stupid shit in the OP.

>giving up their blackness and becoming beautiful and kind instead
ah, so it is a /pol/ thing. discarded.
>>
>>29324637
Well, you're right, but this wasn't supposed to be a real argument, it was supposed to be something that sounded as ridiculous as "characters who don't do anything are in character". I'm rereading my posts and it seems that I failed to make it clear, so I'm sorry.
Anyway, since you could do this analysis about this part of the argument, and I agree with it, can we also agree when I say that "characters who don't do anything are in character" is also ridiculous?
>>
>>29324790
they had a minor role, but they existed, and they were in character you silly willy.
now stop grasping at straws and come up with something substantial.
>>
>>29324637
A tomato can be whatever it wants to be
>>
File: 4541.jpg (25KB, 300x195px) Image search: [Google]
4541.jpg
25KB, 300x195px
>>29324797
it can even be a killer.
>>
>>29324795
Anon, again, I'm not talking about the 20 seconds they did something in the episode, I'm talking about >>29324407. It's preposterous to say that some characters were in character because they did nothing. If you want to talk about those 20 seconds it's fine, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the post you replied to, so don't pretend you're rebutting anything.
>>
>>29324637
>And all the other posts on this "But she isn't an OC or the make character so there!" retarded topic.

EXPLANATION TIME, so no more retarded backpedalling is necessary:

1. Yes, this episode has new mane characters. EVERY OTHER PONY IN EXISTENCE WORTH A FUCK had to be worfed and replaced by changelings to make this fucktarded plot possible. This really is a bad fanfic episode.
2. Out of these new main characters, we have Jim's shitty OC Starlight Shitter, Trixie, Discord, and Obligatory Good Changeling OC Number 999965.
3. Out of these new main characters, Starlight Glimmer is the protagonist, the rest assist her.
4. So Starlight and Discord couldn't one-shot the whole plot and solve everything with their amazing OPness, the villain had to have a bullshit antimagic throne that prevents all magic EXCEPT changeling magic. It makes you wonder why they didn't take that antimagic throne to Canterlot, ruining the day of all the unicorns and pretty much everyone else.
4a. Don't think too hard about why, if antimagic shit strong enough to beat Discord's chaos magic exists, Celestia didn't impale him with a spear made of antimagic or put his stone form in a cave with enough antimagic to keep all the chaos out.
5. The writer is a retard and everyone that helped this writer without correcting his story or correcting him with corrective throatpunches is a bigger retard. Good Changeling OC Deus Ex Machinas the antimagic throne and transforms the once ugly and tragic and weirdly loveable Changelings into ugly glittery pieces of shit straight outta DeviantArt. Closed Species DeviantArt OC Adopts hell, to be precise.
6. Don't think too hard about why literally nobody stopped Chrysalis from escaping by exploding her, teleporting her back, trapping her in a shield bubble, or, in Discord or Glimmer's case, warping her mind and forcibly making her their pet. You know, ACTUALLY PUTTING THEIR OP POWER TO USE. (1/2)
>>
>>29324821
>they werent in character, except for the parts where they were in the episode
why do you do this to yourself? even if it was correct to say they werent in character for the parts they didnt show up in, whats your point? why does that matter in any way?
>>
>>29324838
The more I listen to you, the more I think you're not actually angry at the episode itself and this is a personal issue for you. Are you okay anon?
>>
>>29324850
>why does that matter in any way?
It seems that you care enough about it to keep on moving the goalposts every time you reply. At this point I don't give a fuck about the episode anymore, I don't care if the characters were in character or out of character or weren't at all, I'm too amazed trying to understand why would anyone want to defend the most stupid argument that has ever existed.
>>
(2/2)

6. Jimbeciles. I get it. You want to defend this shitty episode because you don't want to admit this is a bad episode and an overall bad season. You're afraid that if you do, it'll mean giving up and letting the "This show's been going downhill since S1/2/3!" assholes win. But... No. They'll still be wrong, because seasons 4 and 5 will still have good episodes and seasons 1 2 and 3 will still have bad episodes. And if you call me a faggot or a pol member or a faustfag or any other retarded insult you can think of to avoid thinking about what I say, you're a retard. If you like season 6, you're either saying you love the good episodes or you love it despite the many bad episodes. If you say there are no bad s6 episodes? You're a liar and a retard. MLP is a good show overall, because it has more good episodes than bad. Season 6 is a bad season overall, because it has more bad episodes than good. Jim is a bad writer and this might just be his worst episode yet. Even the "Hurr durr millennials suck fuck you artists go back to college and stick to the book, your life sucks if you're like this OC because you don't try hard enough" shit episode wasn't as fundamentally shitty as... actually, they're both fundamentally disgusting, shitty, stupid, out-of-place, illogical, pointless, and the existence and canon status of both weakens the show as a whole.

>Inb4 someone sarcastically repeats a piece of my argument or strawmans me, desperate to avoid taking in what I type.
>Inb4 the inb4 goes over the reader's head and they say "I'm not doing X you prick!" and then proceed to do X.
>Inb4 a tard with nothing to add to the discussion vomits up unfunny cheap snark.
>Inb4 a hasdrone cries about my mean wowds giving them wowst huwties or claims Flutter Brutter TOTALLY doesn't invalidate Fluttershy's character. "Who cares if Fluttershy being super shy in S1-5 makes no sense now because she's apparently tired of her brothers shit 24/7? Ur a faustfag if u disagree with me!!!1"
>>
>>29322845
It's a kids show you're looking way too deep into it.
>>
>>29324890
Shut up Jim.
>>
>>29324877
Nice personal attack, retard. I like how you're claiming I'm personally butthurt. You know, instead of RESPONDING TO THE POINTS I BRING UP LIKE A FUCKING SENTIENT HUMAN CAPABLE OF SPEECH. Use your words, anon, not your flashcards. I don't care if the flashcards have phrases like "Imagine caring about X" or "Are u angry?", you have a keyboard and a brain, use them. If you can't mentally handle an intelligent conversation without having to panic and look through your backpack to find your trusty discussion-enders, there's the door. There's a daycare two blocks down and a care home for unloved potatoes their poor-diet shit-tier parents couldn't put up with any more too fucking close to it. Pick one, the adults are talking here.
>>
>>29324890
Jim, if you don't step down and hand the reins over to someone more competent, I'm starting a petition to get you removed and blacklisted for being the lazy unintelligent unworthy cunt you are. Go back to your Ed Edd n Eddy reruns, and stop posting online if you can't handle people caring about shows more than the retards that work on them.
>>
>>29324884
>you don't want to admit this is a bad episode and an overall bad season
>bad episode
>bad season

wow friendo, those are some spicy opinions you got there.
>>
>>29324838
>1
personal opinion. the episode was what it was due to the story. the fact you dont like the idea doesnt make it a bad one.
>2
According to Twitter conversations with Jim Miller, introducing Starlight and making her a new main character were the crew's idea that Hasbro had to approve.
https://twitter.com/TheBiggestJim/status/724721596665978880
they were also the main characters of the episode, theyre not permanently replacing all the main cast.
>3
kind of like twilight since season 1. whats your point?
>4
you keep injecting your personal opinion in order to discard the episode. its lore. new lore. are you familiar with the idea of lore? what id the throne was tapped into some world magic, like the tree of harmony?
>4a
yes, why didnt celestia instantly beat discord? why didnt discord instantly beat her? why didnt he use his apparent ability to remove ponies magic and make them all helpless forever? cuz plot says not to.
>5
cool rant bro; full of headcanon. they were evil, and nothing but evil. they werent introduced as anything other than that until thorax showed up and was literally an anomaly from birth.
>6
cuz plot.
>6 again
and now the meme, thereby solidifying you have nothing of value to say. what a shock.

>>29324883
tell me this: are they out of character if theyre not in the episode? yes or no.
>>
>>29324908
It's okay anon, we're here for you. Just let it all out.
>>
>>29324928
>tell me this: are they out of character if theyre not in the episode? yes or no.
For the third time, >>29324493. They weren't OOC and NO ONE in this thread said that they were OOC. The thing is, there are people ITT defending that if characters aren't in an episode, it means that they are in character. I refuse to move any further in the discussion as long as that's used as a real argument to defend the episode because that's as stupid as saying "a bald man doesn't have black hair, therefore he's blonde".

So, to make it extremely clear, I repeat that if characters are not in the episode, they are not OOC. Now, tell me, are they in character if they are not in the episode?
>>
File: 2472.png (1MB, 1056x652px) Image search: [Google]
2472.png
1MB, 1056x652px
>>29324974
>are they in character if they are not in the episode?
but they were, and its hilarious that out of all the shit being said in this thread thats the one stupid argument you grab onto with an iron grip because its about semantics.
>>
>>29324989
Well, if we're on a loop now, I'll just copypaste my posts to save some time.

At this point I don't give a fuck about the episode anymore, I don't care if the characters were in character or out of character or weren't at all, I'm too amazed trying to understand why would anyone want to defend the most stupid argument that has ever existed.
>>
>>29325001
feel free to leave then.
>>
>>29324935
Oh wow, doubling down, never seen a retard do that before when called out on being a retard. Your next line is "It's ok, anon, I understand".
>>29324928
>1 personal opinion. the episode was what it was due to the story. the fact you dont like the idea doesnt make it a bad one.
What about what I said in that line that WASN'T a personal opinion, genius? Oh, right, you can't play cards like "X is just, like, your opinion, man" with actual facts like everyone getting worfed.
>2 According to Twitter conversations with Jim Miller
AndYouBelievedHim-Incredibles.gif
>3 kind of like twilight since season 1. whats your point?
Wrong. Jesus, are you even trying? I made my point, you're missing it on purpose to pretend it wasn't good enough to get through your skull. Twilight was the main girl in the cast of six main characters. Starlight is the only main character here in a shitty fanfic plot with other background characters in for fan pandering.
>4 you keep injecting your personal opinion in order to discard the episode.
>>Buzzer.jpg
Faaaaalse. Does your arm get tired from holding the "Opinion" card up all day?
> its lore. new lore. are you familiar with the idea of lore?
Thatisnthowtheforceworksedit-Thatisnthowloreworks.jpg. "Actually she has an antimagic throne now" isn't lore, it's an asspull. ALREADY EXPLAINED THIS, CLEAN YER EARS ONCE IN A WHILE.
>4a yes, why didnt celestia instantly beat discord? why didnt discord instantly beat her? why didnt he use his apparent ability to remove ponies magic and make them all helpless forever? cuz plot says not to.
And you genuinely don't see what's wrong with that. Hilarious!
>5 cool rant bro; full of headcanon.
Do you know what headcanon means? I don't think you do.
>6 cuz plot.
Would you like to know how you can help prevent cancer?
>and now the meme
You don't know what meme means? Despite your post being full of cards and logical fallacies and meme language?
>>
>>29325014
actually I don't understand how one person can be so autistic and still be able to work a modern computing device.
>>
>>29325008
Why tho? I want to know how long can you defend something as retarded as "characters who don't do anything are in character".
>>
>>29325014
It's ok, anon, I understand
>>
>>29325026
>>29324821
>"characters who don't do anything are in character"
>I'm not talking about the 20 seconds they did something in the episode
>If you want to talk about those 20 seconds it's fine
the 20 seconds they showed up and did something they were in character.
>>
>>29325035
Are you literally stupid?
>>
>>29324928
>tell me this: are they out of character if theyre not in the episode? yes or no.
You: "Bu-bu-but it isn't bullshit that the characters were worfed and it's out of character for them to be worfed... if-if-if-if-if-if they weren't in the episode at all!!! Y-yeah they were in the last 20 seconds of it, but that doesn't count because I said so! It's just 20 seconds! So what if the plot itself hinges on those characters being mentioned in the episode and worfed in the episode, therefore, they have an effect on the episode and are mentioned in the episode so they're in the fucking episode? I don't understand that! I don't WANT to understand that! I didn't see any of the mane six on-screen much, SO THERE! HA! I WIN! MY ARGUMENT IS ABSOLUTE! DID THE MANE SIX GET A LOT OF SCREENTIME? YES OR NO? huh? Look, I don't care if that isn't what we're discussing here, or how stupid I look when performing mental gymnastics like this, THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN FEEL LIKE I'VE WON! NOW WERE THE MANE SIX ON-SCREEN ENOUGH FOR ME TO THINK IT COUNTS? YES OR NO?"
>>
>>29325014
>with actual facts like everyone getting worfed
yes, and?
>AndYouBelievedHim-Incredibles.gif
well memed mr fact man.
>still memeing
honestly when i argue with someone like you, it might as well be the same person every time. you all use the same buzzwords, same stupid shit and asspulls to try to explain something away.
>Twilight was the main girl in the cast of six main characters
you mean support characters, right? remember in the season premiere when all they did was support her? remember all the other cherry picked examples to prove im right? fucking idiot.
>Faaaaalse
and here i thought calling a plot bullshit was an opinion.
>"Actually she has an antimagic throne now" isn't lore, it's an asspull.
actually its lore since previously we knew absolutely nothing about the changeling hive.
>And you genuinely don't see what's wrong with that.
plot holes exist anon, get used to it. you can name any story ever created and it has plot holes. try not to be one of those fags.
>ugly and tragic and weirdly loveable Changelings
headcanon mixed with opinion. they were evil, as i said.
>Would you like to know how you can help prevent cancer?
id like to think im making a difference by making sure to tell retarded people that theyre retarded rather than let them fester here in a circlejerk talking about all these made up problems as if theyre facts. why?
>You don't know what meme means?
your whole rant about jim, pretty much that entire rant that followed.

>>29325042
yes.

>>29325043
i gave up trying to decipher this. try increasing your literacy level from literally retarded to grade schooler.
>>
>>29325098
>yes
Cool, now I can let you argue with that other anon while I wait for another apologist of the episode who at least won't use "characters who don't do anything are in character" as an argument.
>>
>>29325113
interesting that this is what your whole "the episode was shit" argument hinges on.
>apologist
im more of a realist, anon. im able to enjoy something while acknowledging its faults. it doesnt have to be a flawless master piece for me to have a good time.

have you ever enjoyed the show?
>>
>>29325130
Save your memes for the other anon, I'm waiting for people with actual interest in the episode.
>>
>>29325098
>>29325113
>>29325130
>>29325146
I DON'T KNOW WHO IS ARGUING WITH WHO ANYMORE.
>>
File: 86473256.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
86473256.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>29325157
since the other anon left, i think its 2 people arguing with me.

well, one arguing with me, the other arguing with himself.
>>
Really makes you think.
>>
Hold up, who's on what side? Copy paste as relevant.

Team "This episode was bad, let me tell you why"
Me
>>29322845

Team "Ignoring someone's points and insulting them is how you win debates, right?
>>29324928

Team "I don't care if it's OOC for strong characters to get worfed solely to let other characters steal their spotlight! OOC characters weren't OOC if I say they weren't in the episode enough for their OOCness to count!"
>>29324928

Team ":^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^)thisishowyouwindebatesandlooksmart,right?:^):^):^):^)"
>>29324890
>>29324877
>>
File: popcorn.gif (197KB, 293x199px) Image search: [Google]
popcorn.gif
197KB, 293x199px
>>29325271
>"This episode was bad, let me tell you why"
youre so eloquent and calm in your own mind.

>Ignoring someone's points and insulting them is how you win debates, right?
gave a sauce to refute your jims OC meme, as well as my first reply >>29324375 getting nothing in return except that one guy arguing over semantics and the other guy whining about my smug image.

>I don't care if it's OOC for strong characters to get worfed solely to let other characters steal their spotlight!
pretty much every finale and premiere in the series my cherry picking friend, as well as many regular episodes like hurricane fluttershy.

those other 2 replies under team smily arent me.
anything else?
>>
>>29322845
I liked the episode. It was nice seeing all the reformed villians save the day for once. Really shows that it was a good decision to keep them around in case the mane six gets defeated.
Discord is obviously extremly overpowered, so they always need something to make his abilities irrelevant, either by making him desinterested, or taking away his magic for a while. But I think it was handled pretty well. The changelings become quite a bit more menacing if magic is off the table.
It was a great way to end this season, although you could see it coming already after the introduction of Thorax.

Also, I don't think the side characters getting an episode is a reason to say that the writers are just too stupid to write the main characters. That is pretty retarded.
>>
>thread about the show
>with discussion about the show
>on slash mlp
Faith in humanity: Restored.

I'm actually a little shocked by that. Impressive!
>>
>>29322845
I thought it was good, until I watched it a second time. I had completely forgotten about the first part of the episode where Starlight was back at her old town. That should have been the main focus. Maybe the changlings could have attacked the town, and then Starlight would have to save someone who isn't superior in skill to her. This could have been some sort of accidental impromptu test of her abilities, have her overcome her problems, you know basic storytelling motifs. Maybe throw in the thing with Thorax for the sake of fulfilling the original narrative, I don't know. That ending was ok, but it was criminally unsatisfying. Actually, I take it back. The ending was terrible. This whole episode was bad. We could have seen something that would give a useless character a purpose, and what we got was yet another reason why Starlight provides nothing but aggravation.
>>
>>29325335
its more likely than you think. i do it all the time. for more arguments, feel free to search my tear drinking image on the archive where i tear down other anons who do nothing but whine about the show.
>>
>>29325334
Problem is, this was done badly. For all the reasons already stated in the posts none of you "Well I liked the episode so there" people ever bother reading or understanding before you open your mouths.

>>29325335
I know, right? Normally, Glimfags and Jimfags desperately try to lower the intelligence level of any discussion here with insults and lies and copypasted flowcharts/cards before more people realise S6 was shit!
>>29325321
>youre so eloquent and calm in your own mind.
I'm eloquent and calm in reality, too. You're the one envisioning someone mad to feel better about dissent existing, tard, not me.
>"Wah, u didnt accept sauce"
Not when it's Jim claiming his OC isn't his OC.
>pretty much every finale and premiere in the series my cherry picking friend, as well as many regular episodes like hurricane fluttershy.
There's a difference between episodes like Hurricane Fluttershy and this one. Hurricane Fluttershy was good. See the BS people smarter than you and more honest than you have complained about here? None of that was in HF. You Jimtards are all the same, desperate to insist S6 isn't bad and the show's always been this bad. Don't worry, admitting S6 won't make the "This show sucked since S1 ended" idiots win. They're all gone now. Leaving behind the honest fans and the Jimbeciles.
>>
This episode was the best of season 6. Granted, that's not high praise, but it was one of the few that reminded me why I even watch the show. Our characters had actual conflict, and with EACH OTHER. That NEVER HAPPENS now.

That said, revealing that changelings never had a reason to be changelings and that they achieved a higher form by giving up on their predatory nature is just stupid. It reminds me of that "Scott Pilgrim" joke where the vegan guy had super powers because he was a vegan, but he lost them as soon as he ate meat three times. In "Scott Pilgrim" it was a silly thing, but here it's pretty blunt and serious.

>>29324405
>Got a be pretty hardcore to btfo an alicorn.
Celestia has been defeated by every villain she's come up against and couldn't subdue a storm cloud in a setting where the lowliest of winged peasants can control the weather. I know it was a "big" storm cloud, but really. The sun and moon must truly be tiny, quarter-sized discs in the sky that weigh as much as Styrofoam cups. Anyone could beat a normal alicorn in a fight. I don't think you even have to be magical to beat up an alicorn.
>>
>>29325360
Ah, finally, someone with sense!
>>29325373
You didn't "Tear me down", you just smirked at me while covering your eyes and complaining that you couldn't see my arguments, so they're bad.
As for the "Do nothing but complain", what, people aren't allowed to discuss shit episodes of a shit season? You'd rather smirk at them until they give up on you, and tell yourself that's a win? Christ, you're cancer.
>>
>>29325406
>Our characters had actual conflict, and with EACH OTHER. That NEVER HAPPENS now.
"Our" characters were completely gone for the whole episode (minus 20 seconds) and the whole episode was about an entirely different set of characters. That was kinda one of the points.
>>
>>29324884
>If you say there are no bad s6 episodes? You're a liar and a retard.

>I decide whether there were bad episodes in this season
>If you think all of them were good, the you are just a retard

While it might be unlikely to find someone who thinks that all episodes of season 6 were good, you can't just call someone a retard only because they enjoyed all of them. Your opinion isn't an universal truth and you really should stop talking like everyone has to accept your superior tastes.
>>
>>29325397
>I'm eloquent and calm in reality, too
but thats wrong.
>Not when it's Jim
you only refute facts when it suits your little illusion that your meme is a reality.
>There's a difference between episodes like Hurricane Fluttershy and this one. Hurricane Fluttershy was good.
here we go, we can finally cut away all the fat and see your opinion for what it is: pessimism. you liked it because at the time people werent looking for reasons to hate everything, they were looking for reasons to love it. protip: if you look for a reason to hate something, youll find it.
that said, why didnt the wonderbolt help carry the water up? surely they had the wing power required. there was no reason other than to let fluttershy shine. how is that any different than anything youve used to argue against this episode?
and yes, the show has always had plot holes.
>you jimtards
stop memeing you stupid faggot, it makes it hard to give you serious replies. ive watched the entire series a dozen times over, seasons 1-6. i know my shit.
what you need to understand is that theres flaws in every episode, but theres also almost always something great about each episode. if you focus solely on the reasons to hate it as i mentioned, then thats all youll see.

>>29325409
i tore down your memes and shitty opinions. youre allowed to have them, youre just not allowed to tout them as facts.
if you want a discussion, have one. what do you think the episode did well? what did it do wrong? when you do nothing but state its all bullshit and asspulls and everyone hates it thats not a discussion, thats you soap boxing like a whiny faggot who should be on /mlphate/ instead of here.
>>
>>29325406
>Anyone could beat a normal alicorn in a fight. I don't think you even have to be magical to beat up an alicorn.
Remember the days when being an Alicorn meant something? Like having the power needed to just casually un-mindfuck a town when the strongest pony on the planet(at the time, before Jim's OC came along and speshuled it up) mindfucks them?
>>29325321
By the way, you understand the MEANING of the "Jim's OC" meme, right? Right? Riiiiiiiiiiight? Please tell me you do. If not - Of course you don't, that's why you're arguing semantics - then let me explain. Jim has made this character his OC. He orders writers to give this character special treatment and special Stronger-Than-Twilight powers and all kinds of other shit, because for him, he's her OC. Would it change how she's treated like a mary sue OC and pretty much is one if... say... Faust's 9 year old cousin designed her body and the voice actor of Yugi Moto came up with the "Communist Cult Leader" idea before handing the concept over to Jim, who fucked it up to this level? Of course not. She's a bad OC that just happens to be canon, and this episode was a bad fanfic episode that just happens to be canon, until better writers retcon both to save the show. Please pull your head out of your ass and understand what people mean when they say words BEFORE arguing that X word is wrong because semantics.
>>
File: Projecting.jpg (29KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
Projecting.jpg
29KB, 490x333px
>>29325397
>You Jimtards are all the same, desperate to insist S6 isn't bad and the show's always been this bad. Don't worry, admitting S6 won't make the "This show sucked since S1 ended" idiots win.
You seem to live in some alternate reality where your subjective opinion is a physical reality. Like anyone who doesn't agree with you is somehow violating nature and there most be a logical reason for it other than, like I dunno, they just like something you don't. Luckily for the rest of us, we don't live in this fantasy world.

Also, you don't get to say you're "elequent and calm in reality" when you just spouted a sentence like:
>Normally, Glimfags and Jimfags desperately try to lower the intelligence level of any discussion here with insults and lies and copypasted flowcharts/cards before more people realise S6 was shit!
You seriously sound supremely mad. You might be a more calm person but you've given absolutely no indication of it.
>>
>>29325451
>Jim has made this character his OC. He orders writers to give this character special treatment and special Stronger-Than-Twilight powers and all kinds of other shit, because for him, he's her OC.
[Evidence Required]
>>
>>29325421
>The original mane 6 are our characters
Twilight died in season 3. Dash got transplanted into the Wonderbolts through main character fiat so now she's a lazy rich cunt instead of a lazy, insecure, civil servant cunt. Pinkie was likely murdered during the cloning incident. AJ was revealed to not be able to do farming this season, taking all she had. Fluttershy lost her "stare" powers when they reformed Discord and she's "learned" not to have social anxiety via verbal commands. Rarity runs three boutiques dedicated to selling clothes she personally, individually crafted, so she must have been replaced with a machine off-screen.

What characters? What is left of our characters? Trixie is the only S1 pony still around. Discord is the only S2 character still around. Trixie and Discord fought with each other, so what remains of "our" characters was great.
>>
>>29325463
What the fuck man?
>>
>>29325446
>but thats wrong.
Why? Why is it wrong? You're the one throwing shit around and throwing shit at me. Why are you telling yourself I'm furious? Are you projecting onto me, or are you imagining some fat man slapping his fat hands onto the keyboard and foaming at the mouth over your "Witty" ability to piss on the debate floor while flipping everyone off and call that an argument nobody can beat?

I've long since figured out how to get rid of your type, by the way. I'm going to openly tell you that I'm not going to feed you. I'll stop reading your posts the second you say something incorrect or "Witty", and I'll reply with "Are you sure about that?". You will run out of "Smart" ways to be a petty smug petulant child, ways to say "Nuh uh! So there!", smug reaction images, and regurgitated soundbytes of cheap unfunny snark long before my ctrl and v keys stop working. If you want to lower the intelligence level of this conversation, go ahead! When you're ready to hold up your end of an intelligent conversation, pick up your end, and I'll pick up my end. Do you understand?
>>
>>29325452
>Hurr durr ur projecting
>You seriously sound supremely mad

Are you sure about that?
>>
>>29325471
What do you mean, "What the fuck"? I'm telling you MLP as we knew died incrementally and that season 6 merely started putting nails in the coffin. The first pony to die was Luna, was replaced by a bellicose retard who communicated by shouting and by inarticulately whining that unpleasant behavior should be better respected.

They're all dead. Every character from S1 is dead except Trixie. Even Mac died in season 6. They killed him when they revealed him being taciturn was a vow of silence he took to give his sister more opportunities to run her mouth. It blew my mind. A character that almost never speaks and the writers still managed to assassinate his personality.

Yet in spite of admitting all that, I'm still going to say I enjoyed the season 6 finale. I liked the character and fun of it, and I wish the whole season had been like that.
>>
>>29325507
At least they improved Spike.
>>
>>29325483
>>29325490
You know, you aren't actually countering any of the arguments in their posts. You're conveniently dodging every point and trying to bring attention to something that has nothing to do with the argument.
>>
>>29325521
Not really. He used to be Twilight's straight man. He was a little boy that would rather eat bugs than deal with anyone's feelings, and whenever Twilight got too strung up on drama he'd complain.

Now I don't know who he is or what his role is supposed to be. Twilight doesn't even need a straight man anymore because she's so straight you could draw tick marks on her and use her as a ruler. All Twilight seems to do now is correct other ponies and tell them why they're wrong, but in a calm collected way you can't do anything but agree with until she's out of earshot.
>>
File: gud.gif (1MB, 721x663px) Image search: [Google]
gud.gif
1MB, 721x663px
>>29325507
I honestly don't know what to reply to this. But I really want to read >>29324375 "explaining" how you're wrong about everything but this episode.

Please.
>>
>>29325532
Are you sure about that?
>>29325463
Are you sure about that?
>>29325507
I see your point. Revealing Big Mac's silence due to being part of a vow of silence over realizing that telling his sister to STFU with her pesky "Ideas" caused her to lie and fuck them all over... that was abso-fucking-lutely stupid. "Big Mac feels sad about not being special like his sister" was interesting, but this is character assassination. Ten bucks says Jim is trying to ruin characters to make the new ones more likable. Like how Rarity was a bitch to Spike in the Ember episode and was petty pretty much the whole time.
>>
>>29324254
Ponies are pretty stupid too
>>
>>29325565
Am I sure about what? Maybe I'll give you a second to guess which poster I am, or if, indeed, I'm even one of the people you responded to.
>>
>>29325581
Only when Plot-Induced Stupidity calls for it.
>>
>>29325565
>Are you sure about that?
And here we see it again. Dodging the argument, trying to put the weight on the opponent. Try to actually meet the argument and counter it, but I'm guessing your not because you can't.

>Ten bucks says Jim is trying to ruin characters to make the new ones more likable.
You've mentioned Jim in almost all your posts, like he's the catalyst of all bad with the show. I think I see your problem. You have some sort of vendetta against him. Therefor you can't allow yourself to like anything he made because that would conflict with your narrative that he's the sole problem with the show. That's why you've build up this fantasy world of misery and horribleness.
>>
>>29325014
Look, I have argued with conspiracy theorists a lot before, ranging from "The Jews did 9/11" to "The earth is flat and NASA is a hoax" to "Hitler was abducted by an alien and lives now in Poland. The earth is hollow and the sun cold."

I have talked to a lot of these people. They always follow the same schemata when they are being confronted with arguments that they can't disprove.

So I am not saying season 6 was good or bad, but
you are talking the same way about the show as they did about their crazy theories.
The only time I saw you be reasonable was when you said that you understand that someone enjoyed season 6 despite there being bad episodes in it, but apart from that all you did was dismiss other opinions as retarded and false, calling them names that show a "us vs them" thinking. Waiting for "people who actually care about the episode" when someone wouldn't agree with your views. Clinging with an iron fist to your viewpoints and expecting everyone to agree with you. Trying to ridicule others for not agreeing with you, seeing them in a negative light while you put yourself on some kind of pedestal.
And most of all: You seem to be incredibly invested in this whole thing. Like it is a deeply personal matter for you, not one in which facts matter. You can't distance yourself from this whole thing. And with thing, I don't just mean the episode, but maybe just the show? The fandom?
Either way, I really hope that you aren't one of these guys and notice that some of the things you said make you sound like a sad man, even if you did bring up valid points.
But you will probably just go "well memed" or something like that and ignore me. That's fine too. That's kinda what all conspiracy people have done too so far.
>>
>>29325638
Are you sure about that? I already explained why I'm doing this, shit-for-brains. If you read my posts, you'd understand.
>>29325665
Are you sure about that? I'm not a conspiracy theorist, and you're playing a whoooole lotta cards here. Let me put them back on you to show how stupid they are.

>Look, I have argued with conspiracy theorists a lot before, ranging from "The Jews did 9/11" to "The earth is flat and NASA is a hoax" to "Hitler was abducted by an alien and lives now in Poland. The earth is hollow and the sun cold."
Yes, you're one of them. Your theory is that I'm the unreasonable one here. It's just as false.
>I have talked to a lot of these people. They always follow the same schemata when they are being confronted with arguments that they can't disprove.
I already. explained. my feelings. on the episodes. with solid arguments. your collective ignorance is getting tiring, Glimfags.
>So I am not saying season 6 was good or bad
Then what are you doing in a thread about S6?
>The only time I saw you be reasonable
Look harder.
>Clinging with an iron fist to your viewpoints and expecting everyone to agree with you.
Why are you Clinging with an iron fist to your viewpoints and expecting everyone to agree with you? Where are your rational arguments, without cliche cards like this?
>And most of all: You seem to be incredibly invested in this whole thing. Like it is a deeply personal matter for you, not one in which facts matter.
You seem to be incredibly invested in this whole thing. Like it is a deeply personal matter for you, not one in which facts matter. Why do you want to believe I haven't made any points and am mad? Why do you want to believe you're the reasonable one here?
>Either way, I really hope that you aren't one of these guys and notice that some of the things you said make you sound like a sad man, even if you did bring up valid points.
0/10 tone argument. 10/10 would block and ignore for having nothing intelligent to say.
>>
File: 1462375819733.png (224KB, 879x909px) Image search: [Google]
1462375819733.png
224KB, 879x909px
Oh for fuck sake, No one was OOC you bunch of retards, Chrysalis has already proved that she has the skills to infiltrate and capture the most powerful people in Equestria. The Alicorns have shown they are not all powerful and have been caught of guard several times.

The only reason Crissy lost was because she underestimated Starlight and Thorax, probably thought Discord would betray everyone again and probably had no idea who Trixie was.
>>
File: i can't even.gif (279KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
i can't even.gif
279KB, 853x480px
>>29325665
>Waiting for "people who actually care about the episode" when someone wouldn't agree with your views.
That wasn't him, I'm the one who used that sentence, and by "people who care about the episode" I didn't mean someone who agreed with me, but someone who was willing to discuss the episode and not just throw memes. Unless you want to pretend that there's only one person here who thinks that this episode was terrible, that's entirely up to you.

>>29325721
>Then what are you doing in a thread about S6?
It's a thread about the finale, actually. Or it was supposed to be about the finale. Whatever.

>>29325757
>No one was OOC you bunch of retards
Literally no one ITT has ever said that anyone was OOC.
>>
File: 1404751890005.png (1MB, 6000x5800px) Image search: [Google]
1404751890005.png
1MB, 6000x5800px
>>29325757
I don't think the alicorns have ANY power, actually. Is there an episode where they ever did stuff and didn't get hopelessly crushed? Twilight aside? Celestia used to be one of my favorite ponies back when we all thought she must have been cool, but I gave up on her a while ago.

Luna often does more harm than good. The "tantabus" incident was a good reason to send her back to the moon, really.
>>
>>29325665
You are fucking absolutely retarded. Nothing you spouted out of your shit hole is unique to crazy conspiracy theorists. Your own post reveals us vs them mentality by virtue of seperating these people from your own in group. Lokk a fuck around you. Gr 15 waifu faggotry and eqg/ nohooves shit dyewts. People here are ready to do and say and act in allways irrational and full of vitriol. Season six finale is objectively bad. Saying you like it is the same as liking mcdonalds. Arguing for its case is a sign of delusion in itself. Honestly the main thing wrong with mlp is too many cooks ib the kitchen. Either way, you are a fucking basket case like all of humanity. You, nor the fag you reply to are special.
>>
>>29325757
You think it's reasonable that every pony on the planet worth a damn gets worfed at the exact same time, but dangerous ponies like Glimglands are allowed to run free?

Let's think for a moment. It'll be hard, but try it. It gets easier the more you do it.

A capital city on red alert, exhausted soldiers patrolling all day, coming home too tired to notice their lovers acting differently, and the queen of changelings absorbing so much love from a strong unicorn that she can beat Celestia in a laser duel, knowing Celestia can't unleash the sun-image-shit without the risk of hurting ponies. A race convinced their pony-only magic shield will keep the uncloaked changelings out. Reasonable.

Changelings somehow getting a massive power boost and kidnapping both sisters, all guards, everyone in their way, the mane six, many background ponies, and everyone else on the same night? NONE of these ponies noticing shit was up, not even Luna, who would notice the lack of sleeping ponies, and be awake when changelings attack overnight? Stop misusing the word OOC and stop arguing semantics or what the definition of OOC is and ask yourself if it's really reasonable that ALL THESE CHARACTERS get removed from play at the same time, solely to give the retard four a chance to shine. Then ask yourself if it makes sense that "The one that beat Twilight in multiple fights" and "The one that was stronger than Twilight when using the Alicorn Amulet, which is now either with Zecora or with Celestia" didn't get worfed by the same uber-changelings. Ask yourself that, please. Please ask yourself this, because dealing with people that can't understand what is and isn't bullshit is getting really tiring. I'm not mad and I never was mad, I'm tired of dealing with bullshit from hasdrones.

Crissy lost because she didn't expect OGC to Deus Ex Machina. And that's it.

Btw take a drink every time someone that can't argue with my arguments or points yells "Those are just opinions, not facts!".
>>
Too many newfags can't argue against points raised, and prefer to instead insult the people raising them. So let's start using names! Might as well make things easier on the retards.

S6=mostly bad. to say otherwise is to claim it was mostly good, which is false.
making valid statements=/=""""treating opinions like they're facts""""
me=/=a conspiracy theorist
me=/=angry
me=tired of the bullshit in this thread
Jimbeciles=still no valid points or arguments
"Imagine caring about x"=If you don't care about x, get the fuck off a thread about x. nobody worth a damn finds it impressive when you smirk at people for caring about x.
smirking at people=not an argument
telling people they care about x too much=not an argument
"They can't be OOC if they aren't in this episode!"=Already explained why this little strawman argument of yours is bullshit. It's bullshit that strong characters were worfed solely so this shit episode could happen.
>>
>>29325822
"Our Town" was off in the middle of nowhere and not even on maps of Equestria, so it's fair that GlimGlam, whose main claim to fame was lording over an unknown town of ten ponies, wasn't a target for the changelings. That was coherent.

A long time ago, I might have agreed with you about "overpowering" the princessess, but the alicorns can't defeat a paper bag. I think that if Opal got wet and attacked Celestia, Celestia would be helpless before Opal's damp, kitty wrath. Over in the crystal empire nothing has ever established that those ponies are smart or capable. They have no outside enemies. They have some fine internal enemies - the new baby comes to mind - but they foster those threats and cherish them because they're pretty much anything but on the ball at all times.

You assume the changelings should have lost because the princesseses can't be that weak, stupid, unprepared, or useless, but for six years now we've never seen them be the opposite. I can believe they'd get pantsed by a proactive and determined enemy any day of the week.
>>
>>29325721
>Are you sure about that?
No, of course not. I am only able to state how I feel about the things that I think you have said over the course of this thread, which is a pretty small sample, but since you seem to follow this path the whole time, I feel confident enough to at least bring it up.

>It's just as false.
Please do explain.
>I already. explained. my feelings. on the episodes. with solid arguments.
Yes, you did explain your feelings, but a lot of your arguments were halftruths with your main target being Jim for some reason.
>your collective ignorance is getting tiring, Glimfags.
And here that namecalling is again. I am a Glimfag now, apparently, so my opinion doesn't count and makes me ignorant.
Here are some more:
>You Jimtards are all the same, desperate to insist S6 isn't bad and the show's always been this bad.
>Normally, Glimfags and Jimfags desperately try to lower the intelligence level of any discussion here with insults and lies and copypasted flowcharts/cards before more people realise S6 was shit!
>Not when it's Jim
>You're a liar and a retard.
>while I wait for another apologist of the episode
>Shut up Jim.
> we have Jim's shitty OC Starlight Shitter
> if that was supposed to be a real argument you could easily be the clumsiest Hasdrone who has ever existed.

I get that 4chan encourages insulting others, but not like this. It is like everyone who disagrees with you gets called a name and then their opinion is dismissed as irrelevant and wrong.
Also some of these might not even be yours, but at least they all talk the same.

>Then what are you doing in a thread about S6?
You intrigue me. Also I have already stated my own opinion on this episode before.
>Look harder.
I think I expressed myself poorly here. With reasonable, I did not mean reasonable arguments, but more you stepping down and accepting other views for once.
1/2
>>
>>29325822
Dude, Chrissy literally explained it in the episode herself. In the first attack they didn't think big enough. They thought that replacing a single princess and get in to power was enough but when that failed, they realized they needed to be a lot more thorough in their replacement scheme. They never got a power boost, they just got smarter. Their fault this time around was underestimating the ingenuity of Starlight which, considering their track record, seems rather reasonable.

I'll admit the ending was a bit Deus Ex Machina-ish but lets be fair. Almost every two-parter is like this and this honestly didn't feel quite as bad as some other episodes, as it was a sort of logical explanation, with all the stuff about starving and such.
>>
>>29325721
>Why are you Clinging with an iron fist to your viewpoints and expecting everyone to agree with you? Where are your rational arguments, without cliche cards like this?
I am not clinging with an iron fist to my viewpoints, and I never said that I expect everyone, if even anyone to agree wtih me. I don't have much of an rational argument. I am only talking out of experience.

>You seem to be incredibly invested in this whole thing. Like it is a deeply personal matter for you, not one in which facts matter.
While the way conspiracy theorists think fascinate me, I wouldn't call it incredibly invested. It certainly is not a deeply personal matter for me. If this whole phenomom disappeared overnight, I couldn't care less. I did research several studies on this matter and I do study psychology, so I would like to think that facts matter to me.
>Why do you want to believe I haven't made any points and am mad?
I don't. I never even said that. In fact, I said that you did bring up valid points right afterwards, and I did not even bring up the term "mad" at all, although you could make the argument that conspiracy theorist thinking is "mad", but I leave that up to your own interpretation.
>Why do you want to believe you're the reasonable one here?
Also not something I have said.
>0/10 tone argument. 10/10 would block and ignore for having nothing intelligent to say.
Yeah, that's about what I was expecting.

2/2
>>
File: yikes.png (141KB, 413x500px) Image search: [Google]
yikes.png
141KB, 413x500px
Welp, the good thing about this thread is that it makes the episode look a bit less disappointing by comparison.
>>
>>29325872
>it was a sort of logical explanation, with all the stuff about starving and such.
It really wasn't. If giving up on eating love made the changelings explode into gods, how did they go so long not knowing that? Why did they crave to eat love in the first place? It's established in writing that's how they work, but it's blatantly unintuitive.

In season 7 they could reveal that a dragon who swears off gems and hoarding treasure actually grows to be the biggest strongest dragon there is, as a similar kind of Nirvanna revelation. Would it be a little stupid? Yeah. Can it work because they're fictional monsters? I GUESS. If you WANT. It's counter to everything we already know about dragons, but nobody can stop the writers from having an animal's "true form" be its opposite self in every way.
>>
>>29324375
Pretty much all of this, the ending sucked but the episode did made sense
>>
>>29325896
I mean, its not a marvel of writing but i think OP is overreacting because of how bad the ending was (it was really bad), i guess a good point would be why in the name of fuck would the changelings have their hive exposed like that, why not a cave or a cave system across Equestria to take advantage of their shape shifting powers?
>>
>>29325901
Honestly it all made perfect sense to me.

Changelings are supposed to be analogous to bugs right? Well the transformation we see in Changelings is perfectly analogous to the metamorphosis in many bugs.

First we have their initial stage, their starved state. We know this is their sort of default stage because this is how they're born. This is their larvae state, apparent from the fact they're literally born as larvae. In most IRL bugs, this stage the larvae have to eat as much as possible to grow and they never stop eating, almost like they're starved. you see where I'm going with this?

Then we get to their metamorphosis, where they become a fully fledged adult. In many cases, they do it in a cocoon. In the show, when thorax transitions to his reformed state, he forms a cocoon around him. He reached this state once he had a genuine friendship and he stopped starving.

The reformed state is the natural stage of changeling development. It's their adult state. It's implied the reason they never reached this state before is because Chryssi was purposefully keeping them starved so she could better control them. It's perfectly analogous to bugs except instead of feeding on leaves, they feed on love.
>>
>>29325991
Hey, that's kinda good.
>>
>>29325932
>i think OP is overreacting because of how bad the ending was
Honestly now, I would have overlooked most the things that I listed as horrible failures if the ending had been good. Whether it's making a new character the main character or ignore the old characters or whatever, I wouldn't mind those things if the ending was good. But it was too fucking terrible. Essentially, I think those are things which shouldn't be done *unless you have a very good reason*, and writing a bad episode isn't a good reason. And, in this case, I think that a bad ending makes the whole episode bad.

I have a similar problem with ELTSD, I hate that episode solely because of the ending. The scene where Glimmer doesn't give a fuck about anything while Spike cleans her mess was outrageous.

>>29325991
I like this theory, and as a headcanon it makes the episode more bearable. But it's just that, headcanon. The episode itself was rushed and clumsy, and making up a justification for something that the episode left unexplained isn't too different from writing your own episode with a completely different story for that matter.
>>
>>29322845
>most of the secondary characters have no relation whatsoever with the main character
This was actually one part I enjoyed.

It was fun to kind of see a bunch of side characters have to become the heroes when literally everyone else that could stop whats happening was captured. I agree the entire thing was dumb but the interactions, especially with Trixie and Discord, were the cherry ontop of this mess of a finale.
>>
>>29325991
I can see the metamorphosis thing working, but the way the contextualized it didn't make it sound like that. Maybe inspired by that, but that's not really what it was.

>"Guys, what if we become butterflies?"
>"Holy shit Carl, we're all starving caterpillars, not butterflies!"
>"No watch!"
>Carl explodes into a beautiful butterfly.
>"Shit, I didn't even know that would work. I kind of only assumed it would."
>"What the fuck, Carl!"
>"I don't know! I haven't done it before!"
>"Shit, let me try!"
>All caterpillars instantly become butterflies

Doesn't sound like nature's majesty, but if you take it from the caterpillar to butterfly thing then I guess there's some logic there in the conception phase of the idea. I don't think there was any logic in the execution, is a big problem.
>>
>>29326032
Eh, I personally liked the episode even despite the ending but I can see how it might ruin it for others. Also, yeah it is just a headcannon but I like to have it when watching the episode. Everything just makes so much more sense with it. Not as good as the real thing but for me it helps.
>>
>>29326057
That's actually a good way to see it, Anon. I promise I'll rewatch the episode trying to have such an open mind about it. I can't promise I won't start another thread complaining about the episode if this idea doesn't work for me though.
>>
>>29326032
Same. I love how the people that dislike bad episodes always have better arguments and more rational points than the "Shut up shut up shut up! Your opinions aren't facts! Imagine caring this much about pony!" idiots.
>>29326056
I like the "Changing from ugly bugs to pretty bugs technically makes sense" headcanon, but this nice headcanon doesn't change the fact that the episode's shit. It doesn't use contrivances and cliches to tell a story, the story is solely a collection of cliches and contrivances.
>>
>>29325991
This is stupid.
>>
>>29325873
Your. Entire. Post. Is shit thrown at me, followed by ignorance of what I say. Followed by more smugness, and a belief that calling you out on your bullshit is "Memes", even if I call you out on using meme language instead of making a decent argument.

Forgive me if I withhold my enthusiasm.

>I never said that I expect everyone, if even anyone to agree wtih me. I don't have much of an rational argument. I am only talking out of experience.

Thanks for admitting you don't have an argument to try and look like the "Reasonable non-opinionated one" here, but Anecdotal Evidence isn't Evidence. Or an argument.
>>
How does knocking over the big rock that absorbs magic, stop the big rock from still absorbing magic?
>>
>>29325991
It seemed to make sense to you because you want to believe this is a good episode and you desperately don't want to admit otherwise. We aren't saying "Ugly bug become pretty bug" is a dumb concept, we're saying "Evil race get redeemed and purified in an afternoon using something they should have known for themselves, so the blast from transforming can shatter everything including the antimagic throne we writers have no idea how to destroy and save the day!" is fucking stupid. poorly-thought-out idea, disgustingly bad execution. If I didn't know this was Jim's fault and the real writers are coming back when the movie's done, this episode would make me quit MLP for good.
>>
>>29326195
Being knocked over hurts the rock's feelings.
>>
>>29326247
But Dwayne isn't that easy to upset.
>>
>>29326218
OP here, I (still) think that this episode was terrible. But I think that this could be a good idea. It's not about making the episode good not to admit otherwise, but about making it a bit better. The difference between a bad episode and a terrible episode is, we're dwelling on this episode because it was too awful to forget it. If it was a bit better, not even good, just not terrible, it would be easier to move on. So I'm willing to give this a chance.
>>
>>29326316
We're dwelling on this terrible episode because there are Glimfags desperately trying to defend their waifu and her season by any means necessary. This episode was awful on every level.

If you wanted to make this episode better? Reduce the scale. Get rid of Discord. Make things too small for the mane six to know about or care about. Hell, have Our Town be the one replaced by Changelings! That way, the mane six have a reason to not show up, a reason that doesn't require them to be worfed so stupidly. Trixie and Glimglands could solve the problem, maybe with Thorax's help and maybe without it. Without Discord, PIS can keep Glimmer from ruining the plot in seconds.

This episode is so bad that I can fix it in seconds, and even then, it's still fucking dumb. Fix the cliches done wrong, and they're still cliches. Put an original spin on them and you get a copmpletely different plot and episode.

This episode... it's like the writers saw Dragonshy and said "Let's rip this off! That's what bronies love, right?".
>>
>>29325335
>on slash mlp
holy shit. kill yourself you fucking cunt
>>
I was okay with Twilight getting wings, and saw it as no big deal, I was okay with Glimmer showing up, and saw it a an awkward change I didn't much care for, but didn't hate either. But as season 5 and 6 progressed, the continuity went further and further out the window.

At this point, I really strongly stick to the headcanon that Twilight is in a coma from the spell in MMC backfiring, and everything after S3 is just a fever dream in Twilight's mind.
>>
>>29325872
>ingenuity of starlight
starlight did fucking nothing.
>>
>>29325991
>>29326030
>>29326032
>>29326056
You alll are fucking retarded. All of those bugs, drum fucking roll, EAT SHIT. changlings transform by giving all their food away, the analogy is fucking stillborn because the shitty color changes are superficial to the real stupidity of "the changelings are evil and should have just stopped eating forever, why? because if they don't eat anything and give all their food away they'll never be hungry again."
>>29326218
see above but for different reasons.
>>
>>29326721
>because if they don't eat anything and give all their food away they'll never be hungry again.
I would have agreed with you if that was what literally happened in the episode but allow me to explain to you why that's fucking bullshit.

You see, when you're in a friendship with someone else, you SHARE love as in we both give an amount of love to eachother that we share. If you only give away love without receiving any, that's called an abusive relationship.

By becoming friends, they basically become a sort of love factory that they can munch on forever, hence why Thorax stopped starving when he befriended Spike. That's why SHARING love is more efficient than simply sucking the love juices out of your victims.
>>
File: 1421930632838.png (484KB, 855x578px) Image search: [Google]
1421930632838.png
484KB, 855x578px
>>29326410
>my brother i never talked about that i want to fuck is marrying an 8 year old's demigod OC
>you fixed the light bulb, you should become a god
>DBZ and Discord is suddenly mute
>my mary sue can't be this cute
Best night ever continues to be the best season finale
>>
>>29324838
>It makes you wonder why they didn't take that antimagic throne to Canterlot, ruining the day of all the unicorns and pretty much everyone else.

Because it being an extremely heavy gargantuan stone monolith probably makes it very difficult to move. Also, it being anti-magic doesn't mean it's anti-trebuchet or anti-explosive device.
>>
File: image.png (40KB, 250x246px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
40KB, 250x246px
This was a great finale and you all are simply whiny cunts
>>
>>29326868
But what do they eat? Hamburgers? The other changelings didn't have anybody who loved them. They flipped on a dime because somebody suggested they try it. Shit makes no logical sense. Shit doesn't even try to make sense.
>>
>>29327425
People will invent all kinds of other shit to explain the changelings, pulling from bugs in RL nature, but it's really that hard to believe that they might have ant strength?
>>
>>29327795
They have not demonstrated superior physical strength in the show. Also it's sheer size means moving it would be very conspicuous.

I'm imagining a scenario where a bunch of changelings are flying this over Canterlot, and Celestia launching a bunch of rocks and or fireworks at it, causing it to fall and shatter into a million pieces.
>>
>>29327450
I agree.
I really liked it, it was a good way to see a lot of the fandoms favorite non-main characters actually do something. Discord rarely does anything, same with Trixie and Starlight.
>>
>>29327880
>They have not demonstrated superior physical strength in the show.
They smashed their way, as a horde, through a shield spun by Canterlot's premier shield-mage. You can pull the "but it was weakened" card all you want, but they're fucking burly in numbers.
>>
File: 686724.jpg (67KB, 626x421px) Image search: [Google]
686724.jpg
67KB, 626x421px
>>29327896
swarm tactics.
>>
>>29327880
>They have not demonstrated superior physical strength in the show
i dunno, how strong do you have to be to dive bomb onto concrete and leave a crater that you walk out of?
>>
>>29327880
>Celestia launching a bunch of rocks and or fireworks at it
Celestia has NOT demonstrated the ability to launch fireworks or rocks, and she's lost to the changelings 0-2 so far so I'm pretty sure they could divert her with a decoy. Or brute strength her away like they did the first time.
>>
>omg Faust stuck her OC in the show from the very first scene!!!!1!1
>show ruined!
>>
>>29327921
>All those SC2 hydras
Please fuck my shit up with a colossus. Such a fall from grace that poor unit had. From the iconic backbone of the zerg to the red-headed stepchild nobody builds.
>>
>>29328079
hnnnngh Twilight is such a fucking qt
>>
File: glimmy at the throne.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
glimmy at the throne.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>29328073
Look at the size of this thing. Do you really think they can fly this to Canterlot without anybody noticing? The Changeling Kingdom is in a completely different time zone. They probably wouldn't even make it past the sea before some pony in an airship decides to shoot them down. Not that Chrysalis would ever move it because the throne protects the hive which protects the throne and together they protect the changelings (read:her)

This is all assuming it can even be moved in the first place. It's possible the hive was built around the throne
>>
>>29328079
Due to things such as better graphical design, better characterization, and better writing, some OCs are more equal than others. Eat shit Glimshits.
>>
>>29328217
>pony in an airship
The fuck are you talking about? They don't have airships.

I'm just saying, we really shouldn't be overestimating Celestia's ability to fail. We wouldn't have an episode if the god princess saved the day. Besides, lugging a magic throne across the country makes as much sense as anything else that happened to the changelings.
>>
>>29328268
>They don't have airships.
They do so. Go watch the episode where Rarity is ashamed of her hick friends again.

Of course, assuming that the existence of one sporting blimp owned by royalty is indicative of an entire fleet of armed zeppelins is complete headcanon.
>>
>>29328285
>Of course, assuming that the existence of one sporting blimp owned by royalty is indicative of an entire fleet of armed zeppelins is complete headcanon.
Yeah no shit.
>>
File: bif.jpg (409KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bif.jpg
409KB, 1280x720px
>>29322845
>>
>>29328079
Are you trying to defend Radiant Hope, Anon?
>>
>>29326868
>durrr
I understand you are retarded, but surely you understand that if you and your friend both give eachother all your food, and then you use up that food, you don't have more fucking food to give. grade school problem solving is beyond you.
>>
>>29327929
at least a tenth as strong as 1 rainbowdash
>>
>>29329626
>Implying love is a finite resource
>>
>>29329626
>implying constantly creating a resource and using that which you have created means you will run out
if you steal food from the villagers you'll probably run out a lot and be hungry, but if you learn how to fucking farm and contribute to the village everyone will be better off
>>
>>29330404
it is a finite resource you fucking faggot, thats why they are out to get it
>>29330452
>I dont know what the conservation of energy is.
maximum retarded here.
>>
>>29331123
>emotions
>finite
get out of here you filthy tranquil.
>>
>>29331123
The idea of producing love doesn't violate conservation of energy you idiot.

It's like saying a nuclear power plant isn't possible because it violates conservation of energy.
>>
Worst season finale since Magical Mystery Cure.
>>
>>29331201
its only possible if you really love uranium
>>
>>29331204
Worse than MMC.

MMC tried to make you feel proud for Twilight and how far she'd come from that panicky nerdy bookworm in S1.

It would have been more effective if it happened in a later season, or if S3 had more episodes, but they tried.

This? This is a Dragonshy ripoff with all the problems turned up to 11 and new problems added in. It's a bad fanfic episode.

>>29331201
Stop. Focus on what you're saying and on what's been said. It's bullshit that a parasitic species of love-eating bugs can actually just create enough love to sustain them all by "Sharing it". Emotions aren't finite, but inhuman bugs that eat love can't fucking produce it. If they could, they'd be feeding off each other, not live ponies. It's also bullshit that all changelings, raised to exist as parasites, will just try it the second a certain bullshit OC starts glowing and telling them to glow.

Also, everyone, take a moment to appreciate how this show just shot all Changeling OCs in the face. If your Changeling wasn't one of the "Good ones", he/she wouldn't look evil, and if your changeling is the type to shapeshift into somepony else and eat love or just exist in an open loving relationship and eat juuuust enough love to survive, GOOD NEWS! Your changeling has been doing it wrong, and apparently, your loving relationship doesn't "Share the love" hard enough.

Fuck, this is stupid on every level, even the fan-pandering level!
>>
>>29331264
>It's a bad fanfic episode.
youre still here? kek
>>
>>29331281
Hiding and ignoring.
>>
>>29327896
>"But it was weakened".
Remember how Queen Chrysalis had the Shieldcaster in charge of the shield by the balls, brainwashed and under her power?
>>
File: 1459113730211.png (493KB, 779x627px) Image search: [Google]
1459113730211.png
493KB, 779x627px
>>29331264
you should play neverwinter nights 2: mask of the betrayer. its got this stupid story where your soul has been attached to this other soul that literally devours other souls, and if you dont feed it other peoples souls it will consume yours. however, you get to make the choice of letting it devour other souls or not, and actually you eventually use it to restore souls which defies its nature causing it to change the more you force it to change using willpower. but the more you give in and let it devour souls, the hungrier it gets, and its never ever satisfied. its an infinite hunger.

anyway, i just thought youd enjoy the parallels of two really shitty fanfic stories.

>>29331300
all of my care. youre not here to have a discussion, youre here to bitch and complain. youve already made up your mind and nothing will change it. not facts, not other opinions, no amount of arguing. only reason im responding is because other people might be watching who actually have subjective opinions.
>>
File: 4427824.png (245KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
4427824.png
245KB, 600x449px
>>29331264
>>
>>29331328
>>29331382
What, so I can't critique a bad episode without being called "A complainer" now? Really?

Fucking christ. This is why the board's losing people. Glimfags REEEE when people critique S6 or the finale or Glimmer and try to silence it. This is why discussion of S6 is dying: You've proven through your actions (Like your shitflinging and arguing for the sake of arguing rather than to try and make an actual point) that you aren't mentally capable of an adult conversations about ponies.

Your next line is,
>lol lmao imagine caring about things this much in 2017
>>
>>29331402
>critique
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
hAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA
>>
>>29331159
>emotions
>not finite
you are a fucking idiot
>>29331201
>>durrr
nuclear power uses up something
giving love uses up something
even if you could sustain rainbowbugs for a while it wouldnt make a fucking difference in the long term because you can't produce more love than you can take. It's like letting someone eat your shit or blood and you drinking his blood, and expecting your body to produce an equivelant ammount of blood or even an excess ammount of blood.
>>
>>29331328
>durr
this is nothing like motb. motb worked by eating souls, this is eating love.
>>
>>29331415
its funny because you are wrong.
season six's finale is indefensible
>>
>>29322845
Nu-changelings are shit. Period.
>>
>>29332296
you forgot your glimmer image.
>>
>>29332312
Oh, so do I have to repeat the common fact that Glimmer - which rhymes with nigger - is shit? What's next? A picture of how the Earth revolves around the sun?
>>
>>29331311
>Chrysalis had the Shieldcaster in charge of the shield by the balls, brainwashed and under her power?
Apparently not that much, or she would have just had him lower the shield entirely. They still had to break it, and they did.
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.