[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spice up Your Life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13

File: 1280x720-8LL[1].jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-8LL[1].jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
As someone who sets trends rather than follow them, why was Rarity insistent on making the Tasty Treat a generic Canterlot restaurant? Was it just a case of wanting to help, or is it just the fact fashion and restaurants are two different worlds
>>
>>29318399
>As someone who sets trends rather than follow them

Isn't Rarity someone who does both?
>>
>>29318399
> Expecting character coherency past S02.
>>
>>29318399
Rarity's idea of a restaurant may be to Saffron's people as exotic as Saffron's idea is to Canterlot. Restaurants are the fusion of art and kitchen. You can get food in anykitchen, stand, or inn, but you go to restaurants for the ambiente.

Rarity might've thought her idea was better.
>>
>>29318399
Rarity has an appreciation for canterlot and thought making the restaurant like the rest would help it, even though the restaurants in canterlot were just the product of Zesty's tastes.
>>
>>29318399
THAT EPISODE WAS FUCKING PRETTY GOOD DESU
>>
>>29318399
Because if she didn't the episode would only be half as long and they couldn't sing their arguments song that was really catchy.
>>
THE RULES OF RARITY
JUST A PARITY
NO RESTAURANT HERE'S UNIQUE

THE CUISINE'S ALL THE SAME
THE TABLE DIFFERENT SHAPE
THESE MORSELS MAKE ME WANT TO SHRIEK
>>
File: 1425062045464.png (112KB, 341x337px) Image search: [Google]
1425062045464.png
112KB, 341x337px
>>29318898
Wasn't her idea just following what every other Pony was doing though?

In Canterlot Boutique (>>29319090) she's hating the idea of all the sameness since it limits her creativity. Wouldn't the restaurant have suffered the same fate?
>>
File: Saffron_Masala_ID_S6E12.png (355KB, 633x682px) Image search: [Google]
Saffron_Masala_ID_S6E12.png
355KB, 633x682px
>>29318903
Indian Applejack a best
>>
She doesn't know how to run a restaurant.
>>
File: That's it!.webm (2MB, 552x588px) Image search: [Google]
That's it!.webm
2MB, 552x588px
>>29318399
It was a case of bad writing, we needed a conflict so reason had to go away for a while. Rarity had to take the opposite side, even though her whole career and philosophy is about making her work unique and standing out.
They could've just focused on the marketing more, but then it wouldn't be a direct conflict between Pinkie and Rarity.
>>
>>29319607
>her work unique and standing out.
She does it for her own work, she couldn't stand not being creative there but a restaurant is a completely different matter and it's not actually hers either.

Maybe she didn't really see it the same way, the goal was to get 3 hooves after all and she probably would have done that. Also she constantly refers to her changes as being minor refinements, maybe she didn't realise what she was actually doing

>>29318548
Yeah but creativity and originality are among her strong suits, ones she favours significantly too, especially over success
>>
File: raralogo.png (79KB, 758x1127px) Image search: [Google]
raralogo.png
79KB, 758x1127px
>>29319714
>She does it for her own work
yeah but this is basically the same scenario. The target audience is yet again the Canterlot elite. Sure they want the same thing over and over again as with the Princess Dress so maybe being exactly the same as others, if executed well, isn't that bad of a decision, but she learned her lesson with the dress that that is something she does not want to do. It's against her personal beliefs, it wasn't just a business decision.
Then she comes to this restaurant that already is unique and charming in its own way and the food is delicious. The main issue Rarity should've been dealing with is "How do we advertise this unique restaurant so people give it a try until the word spreads that it's really fucking good?", not "How do I make this restaurant completely generic and bland so it gets a food critic recommendation?"
What could have been a nice comparison between Pinkie being a living billboard and Rarity being a charming diplomat showing how her status in Canterlot actually means something, and how the politics and influence in Canterlot are at play, is now just "these two ponies think the exact opposite, but with the power of compromise and bullshit they solve the problem".
The episode had a really promising premise, but the execution was underwhelming for me.
>>
>>29318399
The story might have worked better if it was Pinkie and Twilight episode, with Twilight going"Well the chart says...".

I'm guessing Mike Vogel made the song first and pasted dialogues around it so it would become an episode, just like that Christmas album commercial episode.
>>
>>29318399
>>
>>29318399
Well, she might, but you must remember that the whole idea was to bring customers to the restaurant and make money. Rarity knew Canterlot the best and know that ponies doesn't eat anywhere where that rating bitch 3 hoof mark is missing. She even makes everything for appealing her. And Pinkie's job was to bring ponies in. But the problem was some no name pink horse tell everyone that they should try something out of their comfort zone.
In the end, Rarity realized that you can be different and they just need authority to bring ponies in. Luckily some famous fashionista was available. And Pinkie job was to bring old stuff back.

Basically, the whole episode was about Pinkie telling Rarity that shit looking food can be good and if Rarity can eat this, so does "no name rich background ponies" too. If they realized this faster Pinkie would do nothing, Rarity brings ponies and episode end before a cool song.
>>
>>29323313
>know that ponies doesn't eat anywhere where that rating bitch 3 hoof
>ponies
More like sheep tbqhwyfamalamadingdong
>>
File: critic.jpg (31KB, 500x209px) Image search: [Google]
critic.jpg
31KB, 500x209px
>>29318399
Rarity just had an idea of what can look good and can sell. The thing is marketing DOES sell, and critics market their opinions as valuable, and Rarity's one of the fools who bought it.
>>
>>29321540
>just like that Christmas album commercial episode.
Now I've got pinkies present song stuck in my head
>>
>>29321540
We've had enough Twilight episodes
>>
>>29323837
This. The place just needed good advertising, or maybe a sale to promote itself.
>>
File: 1476560656930.png (86KB, 288x312px) Image search: [Google]
1476560656930.png
86KB, 288x312px
>>29323313
>>29323850
>>29324716
>>29318900
But isn't that the point though? She made everything appealing for Zesty, the Hooves Pony, rather than focusing on the strengths of the restaurant itself.

Isn't that a similar situation to the one she found herself in with the Princess Dress? It was immensely successful but came at the cost of her creativity so she shut it down because she'd rather that than everything be the same, much like the restaurants no?
>>
>>29324749
Like you said. Its just like with Princess Dress. Rarity makes everything to make customer happy. Then realize that customers doesn't know what they want and help them try new things.
>>
File: 1454760782586.jpg (34KB, 533x534px) Image search: [Google]
1454760782586.jpg
34KB, 533x534px
>>29324844
She was forced into it with the Princess Dress for the most part though and snapped out of it herself once she realised how miserable she became.

Wasn't this the same? If she recognised then and had lived through it, wouldn't making Tasty Treat the same as all the others be going against what she knows?
>>
>>29324708
In S6? She only had 2 and they were both in the latter half.
>>
guess it was just a simple case of "trying too hard". Both of them got so confident in friendship-problem-solving that they forgot what it was really about: listening to what OTHERS want, rather than what YOU want.
>>
>>29326362
Wasn't Rarity trying in an opposite direction to what past experiences would suggest?
>>
>>29326362
Was it even a friendship problem?
>>
Rarity's never been one for conformity has she?
>>
File: saffron_masala.jpg (102KB, 811x539px) Image search: [Google]
saffron_masala.jpg
102KB, 811x539px
On the way back home from the pub, I went to a curry house and bought a takeaway Chicken Tikka Masala & Basmati Rice with Saffron.

Booted up my comp, started eating my curry, went on to /mlp/, and this thread appeared.

Saffron Masala? Best Spicy Pone.
>>
>>29318399
Because the writers are hacks who never watched the first season.
>>
>>29327844
> Chicken Tikka Masala
Glasgow?
>>
>>29319095
It would've ruined *her* creativity, but it's the one thing she knows she's really good at, and what limits her creativity may not necessarily be bad for others.

See it like that: you sell the beginner's book you used to train with to someone because repeating the lessons would limit you but help someone else and you know it's a good book.
>>
>>29327875
> First Season
Doesn't it have more to do with the 5th?
>>
>>29329721
Surely that doesn't apply because Rarity herself knew the food at the Tasty Treat was good. She like it and in the end, it ended up retaining it's roots rather than toss its uniqueness out for the sake of following the beginners book to success

The Tasty Treat was good at its diverse uniqueness, it's really what made it stands out
>>
File: 1426019944617.png (203KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1426019944617.png
203KB, 640x640px
Are we going to talk about that cute and adorable accent they brought into the show? I'm not talking about the pooinloo's voice, I mean the Minnesotan
>>
>>29318399
That was the episode I finally saw the shit writing
>>
>>29318399
Why was Rarity so insistent on changing the core of Tasty Treat?
>>
Bad writing.
>>
>>29318399
>>29319607
Bad writing. Really bad writing.

And do you know why I consider this one of the best S6 episodes? The others are so, so much worse. At least here, you could argue that making clothes is about seeing what the popular trends are, then putting your own spin on things.

Of course, because these Season Shits writers haven't seen Canterlot Boutique, they had no idea that rarity already learned the "Conformism is for losers" moral.

This is when I realized it isn't due to chance that bad MLP episodes are bad, it's due to bad writers and a worse director. Fuck, I miss the days when I looked forward to new pone episodes. When S6 was on, it was "Fuck, I hope the writers get better this time". And they never improved. The finale was the perfect summation of everything wrong with S6 as a whole, and I hate that to this day, there are Glimfags that'll shit on threads and throw shit around and be all "Hurr durr imagine caring about ponies you retard" to lower the level of discussion and ruin any intelligent thread where too many people for their liking agree that S6 has bad episodes, bad writers, a bad director, and is bad.

Petition to get Jim fired when?
>>
>Rarity not even wanting to try the food.
>She knows about Indians and the poo in loo.
>>
>>29331147
It had > No hooves lad
>>
>>29330933
Because she can be a total idiot at times.
She has flaws, this is seen when she realizes how she and Pinkie messed up and changed roles.
>>
>>29331481
Is it bad that I want a humanized Saffron now?
>>
>>29331496
So you think she was just too wrapped up in trying to get the hooves she sort of went against her previously seen ideals?
>>
>>29331481
You use the meme incorrectl.
>>
>>29332197
No I didn't, you don't get to tell me how to meme. I'm my own man.
>>
>>29331496
>>29331510
A..anon?
>>
>>29318399
Because they wanted to be a THREE STARS WOOOOOOOOOO restaurant.
Rarara's brain farted and she forgot that sometimes is good to be diferent.
>>
>>29333848
It just seems like a really similar situation she was in in Canterlot Boutqiue though, even if they're different worlds
>>
File: saffron_masala.png (148KB, 374x394px) Image search: [Google]
saffron_masala.png
148KB, 374x394px
>>29328755
>Glasgow

They don't do deep-fried Mars Bars in Hull.

Chicken Tikka Masala was invented in London.

...and Saffron Masala is still Best Spicy Pone
>>
bump

>captcha is Luna
>>
>>29334297
>Chicken Tikka Masala was invented in London.
Please, the only things invented in London is lung cancer and back alley surgery.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.