[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did the Original Alicorns come from?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

File: 1484808542492.jpg (71KB, 1096x742px) Image search: [Google]
1484808542492.jpg
71KB, 1096x742px
I'm curious /mlp/

>what happened to the other Alicorns?

>inb4 "Celestia and Luna were the first"

Where they born Alicorns as a genetic defect, then? Did they transcend into Alicornhood by some magical means, and how exactly would they know what an Alicorn IS in the first place if no others existed? I don't see the logic behind just Celestia and Luna being the only original Alicorns, especially because they're princesses. In a kingdom, the princess is defined as the 'daughter of the monarch', meaning NOT a monarch themselves, so if Celestia and Luna weren't the original Monarchy, who exactly was? They couldn't form Equestria and give themselves title of 'princess', meaning it HAD to be their parents, so where exactly did their parents go and WHAT species were they? Alicorns? Pegasi? Unicorns? It just doesn't add up as to why they're the only two alicorns in existance before Cadence, it doesn't add up that they just appeared out of nowhere as a genetic defect when they could've just as easily been insanely powerful wizards like Starswirl.
>>
File: 1460828573743.png (511KB, 1280x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1460828573743.png
511KB, 1280x1400px
>>29316658
The baby alicorn is pure. She will be the one to reign in a new change in the world. Celestia and Luna mearly played god to ease pony kind. SHE IS GOD.
>>
Read the Journal. Celestia and Luna are the last of their original kind, presumably.
>>
File: WaifuMaterial.jpg (212KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
WaifuMaterial.jpg
212KB, 1000x1000px
>>29316672
A qt goddess
>>
File: IMG_4117.jpg (43KB, 245x745px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4117.jpg
43KB, 245x745px
>>29316658
>not reading journal of two sisters.
>>
>>29316731
I disregard the journals because, to my understanding, they were crowned Princesses, which is ridiculous because you can't be CROWNED princess, only Queen or King. that lapse ruins the Journal for me as a credible source.
>>
>>29316753
maybe in the ancient sense of the world instead of medieval? in ancient times, a princeps (where we get prince and subsequentially princess from) was a leader of an army, in fact, the first in command as well heading a march.

"crowning" them to princeshood could mean they were militarily involved.
>>
It is magic, excrement needs no further elaboration
>>
They would be queens but hasbro figured that doesn't sell as well hence "princesses"

Also this >>29316686
>>
File: 1462389551109.jpg (74KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
1462389551109.jpg
74KB, 620x670px
>>29316753
>I disregard the official canon approved by Faust and McCarthy
>>
>Cadence
>alicorn
Either you disregard anything post-Faust, or you just stop thinking about it, because Hasbro and the newfag writers certainly don't.

There are only two alicorns in the proper canon.
Other alicorns only exist in the lower rank neo-canon, which is worth less.
I guess there is another era of the show too, the post-canon era, the time after Meghan, where none of the writers, or even the story editor, care about anything.
I suppose you could discuss Meghan's ideas, but it's much less giving than discussing the true canon.
>>
>>29316753
It's not specifically stated, but I always assumed they were "princess" because Princess Platinum was still around and she (plus a bunch of other old-nobility unicorns) threatened to flip their shit if anyone was given a superior title. The Journal certainly does portray Platinum as actively hostile towards the Sisters. An "equal" title (in name, if not reality) was little loss compared to preserving the peace between the tribes and getting two Alicorns on board with the new nation of Equestria, so everyone just went with it.

Why was Platinum just Princess? Well, we can theorize the fuck out of that. No solid information around.
> Other alicorns were pretentious as fuck and didn't like anyone else claiming the title of "king/queen"; also solidifies why unicorns were so opposed to the Sisters being crowned queens
> Due to poor rulers in the past and/or Changeling Queens, "Queen" has become a buzzword for 'power-hungry autocrat'
> There was a "Queen" - perhaps Platinum's mother - who vanished, and the title is permanently held open until her return. Maybe it's even pretty clear she's dead, but Platinum again threatened a hissy fit if her dear mommy's place wasn't preserved
>>
>>29318211
>>29318251
>>29318063
We're getting off topic, the question being 'what happened to the Alicorns, and why or how did Celestia and Luna come to pass?"
>>
File: 324788.jpg (225KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
324788.jpg
225KB, 1200x900px
>>29316658
>The other alicorns
>"Now, I'm not saying they were aliens, but...they were aliens"
>>
>>29319110
So, you're asking us to make up headcanon?

Shit. It almost feels like old times.
>>
>>29319189
yeah partially, I'd prefer to discuss what the Writers (even Faust to an extent) are dismissing us on. Who the fuck knows what really happened to the Alicorns or why Luna and Celestia were the first but it's nice to talk about
>>
>>29319110
The answer is Trixie, a time machine, a book that she was returning to Glimglam and a satchel full of smoke bombs.

I kid, but I do think that the amulet might possibly be a good idea for it, such as a Unicorn with the power to not get corrupted by the amulet's power or to go through the dark mania phase and come out the other end earns their wings in the first place while the rest who fail get put down. Something along those lines would be not entirely dreadful.
>>
>>29319110
Ah, fair enough.

What's interesting to me is that - if I remember the Journal correctly - it implies Canterlot was an alicorn city. That's really the only hint as to others.

Now, bear with me a second because I'm going to go on a tangent for a second: Based on correlating a lot of different stuff - the Journal and various episodes - it seems to me that there are two distinct eras in Equestria's history: One, the "classical era" (based on a line from Twilight) seems to involve the tribes uniting, Starswirl, Tirek, and the Sisters' arrival. This is where the concept of Canterlot as an alicorn city comes from.

The second - which I tentatively name the "post classical era" - involves Sombra's arrival, Nightmare Moon's rebellion, the thousand-year absence, and modern Equestrian history.

The dividing line between them is Discord's reign. At some point before his time, Canterlot was an alicorn city; at some point after, the 3 tribes + the Sisters inhabited it.

Conclusion: Discord destroyed or locked away the remnant alicorn population. Possibly they were the only things powerful enough to oppose him, so he wiped them out in a catastrophic opening move that left - in his eyes - no force remaining capable of defeating him. Celestia and Luna escaped by merit of being excluded from their general population, surviving long enough to recover the elements and defeat him.
>>
File: 4.jpg (302KB, 800x4140px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
302KB, 800x4140px
>>29319251
yeah I had an inkling of an idea that Discord somehow got to the Alicorns, being a god of chaos and all. I actually found a really cool illustration which expresses that idea.
>>
>>29319291
God, I loved this shit when it came out. I still do. Too bad the author got turned off from his creation by the drooling retards who thought it was just Discord-apologeticism.
>>
>>29318211
This could use some periodization.

Past Gens / Pre-Canon: Gen 1 through 3 of ponies, direct source of inspiration for Applejack, Tirek, etc.
Faust Era / Omni-Canon: Universally accepted among fans, golden age of the bandwagon.
Post-Faust Era / Neo-Canon: Divisive changes happen, cohesive worldbuilding and characterization are still attempted.
Post-Meghan Era / Post-Canon: Few left really put much thought into what happens, it's just cute ponies.
>>
>>29316658
I think Faust mentioned something about an Alicorn homeland they hailed from.
>>
>>29316658

Celestia & Luna were created by Fausticorn & Bonniecorn.

Next question.
>>
>>29321365
kek,
>>29319488
thanks for the timeline my dude, clears a little bit of this mess up
>>
>>29316658
celestia and luna were and are the only alicorns period.
>>
>>29319128
>They were secretly Humans ayyyliens in pony form all along...
>>
>>29316753
> what is a principality
>>
>>29316753
Just pretend that a princess is a queen in this universe.

If we can stop being automatic about it for a second, this show IS intended for young girls. What little girl is more hype over boring queens than glamorous princesses? You're just focusing on the wrong thing anon, imo.
>>
Alicorns in my opinion are the Equine equivalent of elves, specifically the elves from J.R.R. Tolkien's Legendarium as well as the Norse mythology from which it is based. Natural born alicorns originated from a distant land outside Equestria much like how the elves of Middle Earth originated from an island known as Aman aka The Undying Lands.

As for ascended alicorns like Cadence and Twilight, that fits in with Norse mythology in that the Norse believed certain heroic figures could ascend to elfhood after death, such as King Olaf Geirstad-Alf of Norway. In fact, one could interpret the events of MMC as Twilight being disintegrated by the Elements of Harmony and being reborn as an alicorn.
>>
>>29316658
Bees are the answer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_SlH3Uwslc
>>
>>29319488
Acceptable.
>>
>>29316658
literal alicorn holocaust, only Discord just about finished the job this time
>>
>>29316658
Someone posted a genetics chart long ago.
>>
File: 1403654042080.jpg (30KB, 300x344px) Image search: [Google]
1403654042080.jpg
30KB, 300x344px
>>29323296
>What little girl is more hype over boring queens than glamorous princesses?
Faust is turning in her grave, and she isn't even fucking dead yet.
>>
>>29316658
It's a mystery.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.