[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Celestia hate thread? >supposedly god-like, omnipotent, immortal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

File: maxresdefault.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
Celestia hate thread?
>supposedly god-like, omnipotent, immortal being who defeated a similar god like being on her own
>get's BTFO'd by Chrysalis, twice
>get's BTFO'd by Luna, who she had defeated a thousand years earlier
>so scared of Tirek she gives all the alicorn magic to a inexperienced fresh alicorn instead of taking it herself and wrecking him
>get's absolutely ROASTED by pretty much every threat that knocks on Equestria's door
>intentionally creates conflict in The Ticket Master by only giving Twilight 2 tickets
>fucked with the Cake's heads by pulling a prank on them
>is generally an asshole.

so does anyone else think Celestia Sucks?
>>
>>29313721
>supposedly god-like, omnipotent, immortal being who defeated a similar god like being on her own
That what happens when you put your headcannon above the show.
>>
>>29313721
>celestia hate thread
is it saturday already?
>>
File: 1479217633076.jpg (51KB, 359x747px) Image search: [Google]
1479217633076.jpg
51KB, 359x747px
>>29313721
>so does anyone else think Celestia Sucks?
The writers.
>>
File: annoying peasantry.jpg (33KB, 593x178px) Image search: [Google]
annoying peasantry.jpg
33KB, 593x178px
>>29313721
OP is a fag.
>>
>>29313754
aaaand OP got rekt with the 1st post

that was all for this thread,folks
>>
File: 016.jpg (2MB, 1400x2154px) Image search: [Google]
016.jpg
2MB, 1400x2154px
>>29313721

Nah, she is just pretending. She can beat every villain in equestria, already canon
>>
File: whatthegoddamnfuckiswrongwithyou.jpg (688KB, 800x4400px) Image search: [Google]
whatthegoddamnfuckiswrongwithyou.jpg
688KB, 800x4400px
>>29313721
>get's
>>
>>29313792
y r u nitpicking, this get's my jimmie's rustled
>>
>>29313790
The alternate timelines finale would beg to differ.
>>
>>29313863

those are alternate timeline celestias. Not the prime timeline celestia
>>
>>29313790
I like how she pauses before she answers.

"...Yes, I "could" have solved them."

Also, comics means you're a fag.
>>
>>29313721
She's mildly prescient, not omnipotent. This usually winds up with her treating her power like a chess game to be played and won with the other pieces on the board rather than swung about like a cudgel.

This manner of dealing with things could be seen as her having a grey morality. The alternate timeline Celestia's probably knew that Twilight was hopping around in different timelines and simply trusted her to put things back on track. Maybe after living for so long, this is the only way she can entertain herself. Maybe she prefers to train others up to deal with these problems so the ponies are capable of thinking for themselves rather than looking to her for all their solutions.

Thing is, there simply isn't enough evidence in the show to draw a solid conclusion, and this is the way Faust intended it to be, and one of the few things the writers haven't meddled with up to now.
>>
File: 1478045946479.jpg (41KB, 666x652px) Image search: [Google]
1478045946479.jpg
41KB, 666x652px
>>29313721
>implying she's ever been explicitly shown as being godlike in powerlevel and not just powerful in a political sense
>implying adversaries that can ambush and power themselves up should fail despite being in their best possible scenario
>literally never happened, she hesitated in the initial battle against NMM
>All alicorns were terrified of Tirek, he draws from a practically infinite power source and they know about eachother's capabilities
>Implying she hasn't succeeded in thwarting many threats to the nation aside from the two previous mentions
>she didn't know, it's possible she thought her friends wouldn't be into it and thought twilight would be more formal towards her (which is a plot point in two episodes)
>
Anon your headcanons are completely fucked, you're making things up and are just finding absurd reasons to rag on her.
>>
>>29313792
I know this is off-topic, but only kids who didn't grow up with bricks don't know why text abbreviations came to be.

They came to be because some telecomms companies used to charge by the length of an sms, or had a character limit to reduce the bandwidth requirements.

It just stuck after that because it was easier to put one letter in than press a few buttons half a dozen times to put the full thing in. There's literally no reason for it now other than laziness.
>>
Tia suffers from being the most underwhelming individual in an overwhelming powerhouse club.

To anything that doesn't have the inherent power or means of a folklore deity, she's essentially one. There's no way anything common, rare or even extraordinary could even begin to touch her. But once you cross that threshold into the superpowers she has a drop-off because raw power just isn't her thing.

Luna was always the stronger sister. Discord blew them both out of the water. Tirek and Chrissy weren't shit but they had The Means, and could pass them all up with a running start. Sombra.... Sombra was a plaything to her. He was close to getting his Means but it was just too much of an uphill climb, even if he'd be considered terrifyingly extraordinary by common standards.

She's the least among the gods. And frankly, given her level she's done an outstanding job with it. Trouble is she milks it, she uses the expectations to her advantage to run shit..... but she's no true praiseworthy creature. She lets fuckers down from time to time, because she's all that but she ain't the bag of potato chips.
>>
File: Best Sisters.png (76KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
Best Sisters.png
76KB, 750x600px
Let me guess your a Lunafag?
Luna's my favorite pony too but I don't put Celestia
down for it.
Heck Celestia is my 2nd favorite pony.
>>
>>29314433
There is actually, celestia gets blown the fuck out by things shes actually trying to stop or is afraid of, and the only way you can justify this is to insist that she is chrysalis levels of manipulative
>>
>>29313721
so does anyone have that green of celestia being rode like a horse?
>>
>>29314433
>The alternate timeline Celestia's probably knew that Twilight was hopping around in different timelines
Assuming facts not in evidence.
>>
>>29314723
The fact is we have the word of god on the matter, Faust explicitly stated that she was meant to be enigmatic as fuck.

It makes sense to us for Celestia to just blow everything away with as little effort as possible, but that wouldn't much of a show about a purple sperg learning how to not be such a sperg, now would it?

>>29314809
>Thing is, there simply isn't enough evidence in the show to draw a solid conclusion

Try reading.
>>
>>29314568
nah, I don't see enough of Luna to really have much of an opinion,

I still think Luna has a fetish for pain, though, with the nibus or whatever the fuck it's called.
>>
>>29314935
>Try reading.
I did. You don't have a single fact to back up your retarded wishy-washy bullshit that alternate timeline Celestia somehow knew Twilight was trying to fix things.
Nice try, though.
>>
File: 18977734.jpg (54KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
18977734.jpg
54KB, 400x398px
>>29315037
I presented those as possibilities for the sole purpose of pointing out that we can speculate as much as we want for or against Celestia's personality, but that there isn't enough evidence to draw a conclusion either way you complete drongo.

>this is the way Faust intended it to be

Do you understand now?
>>
>>29314434
the problem with that is, is that Celestia is PORTRAYED as an incredibly powerful being, just right off the bat as a princess and one of two remaining alicorns for the first season she's the strongest pony in Equestria. It's also been stated that she and Luna defeated Discord, the literal god of chaos. I really think that Celestia's power was either overstated OR Faust had a plan to purposefully make her power decline as the show progressed. Eventually being replaced by someone after she Obi-Wan's it by Twilight or someone.
>>
>>29313721

i want to put my fist so far up celestia's ass that i can pull out the remains of her most recent meal and squish it between my fingers.
>>
>>29314977
The Tantibus, you mongrel, and that was one of the best parts of a shit season. She didn't have a "fetish for pain", she just felt guilty about being a monster and felt that, since nobody else was punishing her, she had to do it herself so that she wouldn't forget what her darker urges made her into.

It was a very human, very profound and mature lesson.
>>
>>29313721
I like how Celestia had no problem keeping the peace in Equestria for 1,000 years, and then as soon as Nightmare Moon comes back, a whole slew of villains and threats that easily whomp her ass pop up one after the other, so she just happens to put a new group of protectors in charge of the country's welfare.

I say she or a fortune teller working for her saw what was coming and she decided she didn't want any part of it.
>>
>>29315152
Never anywhere was it portrayed that she was extremely powerful, just that she was one of two alicorns and in charge of raising and lowering the sun.

Discord was turned to stone by the elements, not the princesses.

>>29315175
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sgycukafqQ

Don't get me wrong, I like the moonhorse, but it could have been a bit less extreme, don't you think?
>>
File: are-you-sure.jpg (186KB, 1024x834px) Image search: [Google]
are-you-sure.jpg
186KB, 1024x834px
>>29315175
right... She definitely doesn't have a thing for pain.
ha... haha...
>>
>>29315244
I'm opening myself up to every underage shitposter on 4chan by saying this, but Linkin Park is a good band, and the people who talk shit about them and call them "edgy" have probably never faced a significant personal crisis in their lives. Crystal meth addiction is a bitch.

More to the point, it didn't need to be "less extreme", because kids aren't stupid and can handle real conflict.
>>
>>29315268
Anon, imagine something. You are royalty, and one day, you realize that nobody appreciates this. They just LOVE the dogshit out of your older sibling, but fuck you, what do you even do, man? You're just a plant; fuck you, man.

Understandably, you become angry. You give in to those dark, envious impulses and, in so doing, almost destroy the people you care about. By hook, crook, or large-bodied jellyfish, somebody or somebodies bring you back to your senses, and you realize CRAWLING IN MY SKIN what you've done. Nobody seems to have a problem with it, but YOU know you fucked up. You know that if you allow yourself to forget the mistakes you made, you will probably make them again.

You cannot let that happen. Not if you want to call yourself a decent person.

Luna learned not to forget, but to forgive herself. Millions of people struggle with this every day. I am glad that you never have, and I hope you never have to.
>>
>>29313807
harambe senpai
>>
>>29315273
Off-topic a bit, there's nothing wrong with the band, it's more the kinds of people it attracts as fans.

Like how we make fun of the 300lb manchild brony stereotype.

I guess you're right about Luna, though, I'm sure we'd all conjure up nightmare demons to punish ourselves with for the rest of eternity if we were a repentant moonhorse.
>>
>>29313933
Prime Timeline Celestia got moon-banned by Nightmare Moon, bamboozled by Chrysalis, refused to 1v1 Tirek when she could have taken and handled all that alicorn magic herself better than Twilight, and got fucked over by Plunder Vines.

The only difference is that Alt.Celly didn't have Twilight to wipe her ass after her fuckups.
>>
>>29315440
>Plunder Vines
Fuck, I just realised that we never saw that timeline. Why is that?
>>
>>29313721

Does shipping Dislestia count as Celestia hate?
>>
>>29313754
exactly what I wanted to say.
she's just an alicorn princess.
>>
>>29313721
Celestia is so pathethic, her fans want to desperately ship her with Discord to make her relevant. Even McCarethy knows they're retarded if they think it's going to work.
>>
File: 1379759606550.png (267KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1379759606550.png
267KB, 900x900px
>>29313721
For the first few seasons she was a funny, interesting and mysterious character with endless possibilities. Too bad the writers later chose to do nothing with her character and instead just brushed her aside with little care whenever they needed Twilight & Co to conveniently be the only ones able to save the day.
>>
>>29315454

Because Discord was already in control then. The vine thing depended on the Mane 6 reforming Discord and having peace long enough for the tree of Harmony to lose its power.
>>
>>29313790
>comics
>canon
>>
File: Celestion.png (140KB, 459x241px) Image search: [Google]
Celestion.png
140KB, 459x241px
>>29313721
>>
>>29315454
Because that was the most forgettable two-parter of the entire series.
>>
>>29313721
probably worst horse on the show.
>>
>>29313721
>defeated a similar god like being on her own
>on her own
She used the elements of harmony to beat NMM.
>>
>>29313790
She makes a good point.
But, comics.
>>
>>29315454
The Map was present in all the timelines, and the map is an extension of the Tree of Harmony. The Tree of Harmony destroys the vines.
>>
>>29315440
>refused to 1v1 Tirek when she could have taken and handled all that alicorn magic herself better than Twilight

>better than Twilight

Fact or headcanon?
>>
>>29318518
Not that anon, but its probably conjecture.
That said, it would make sense to give the alicorn magic to one of the longer lived alicorns who would have had better control of it instead of Twilight, who could barely stop teleporting and haivng random outbursts until she started pouring the excess out in battle.

Then again, Celestia's whole "plan" seemed kinda stupid. Sure, Twilight was an unknown factor among the Princesses, but telling Twilight to keep her friends out of this issue when they've all proven time and time again to be her greatest assets in the face of disaster was just flat out dumb.

Furthermore, doing nothing but running away with the greatest source of magic left in the realm ultimately solves nothing when Tirek+discord could keep after her and still ransom her friends/all of ponykind for it, as he ultimately ended up doing
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.