[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Think it'll be the end?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 18

File: FINAL_LOGO_Merged.jpg (325KB, 3381x2525px) Image search: [Google]
FINAL_LOGO_Merged.jpg
325KB, 3381x2525px
And think it'll fail like the jem movie did?

I mean, they haven't released any promo stuff or trailers and they've been shuffling around its date a bunch to avoid competing with OTHER movies, so it doesn't sound like hasbro's too confident about it.
>>
>>29295259
>fail like the jem movie did

I don't think it's physically possible to do that.
>>
File: hal thingken.png (267KB, 320x446px) Image search: [Google]
hal thingken.png
267KB, 320x446px
>>29295259
Its understandable with the Jen shit and the films that are releasing this year
It would be a good chance to end the current gen and start other with new shiny characters in the same universe.
However it doesnt seem like it with all the new toy shit they are releasing.
>>
>>29295259
They usually release pony news around February. We haven't heard anything about S7 yet but I'm sure we'll get a trailer around that month.
>>
>>29295259
>its the 80s transformers movie all over again
>the first 30 minutes is the mane six being killed by the villains
>Discord, sombra, chrysalis, and tirek are all also killed off by the new villain
>the last 60 minutes is starlight and a new group of ponies saving the day and becoming the elements of harmony
>>
File: 1484515703411.jpg (10KB, 400x333px) Image search: [Google]
1484515703411.jpg
10KB, 400x333px
>>29295418
Pls no.

I cannot handle those feels.

Not again.

.. Optimus.
>>
>>29295418
>You are watching the SuperB owl
>You hear a familiar music bed playing.
>Allspark Studios logo spins into view.
>You now see Hasbro's logo play, but the bgm keeps playing.
>Now you're cut to a scene with an occupied chariot taking off.
Hold on tight! The most incredible, magical adventure is here!
>"Feed them to the cragadiles"
Starring Kelly Sheridan as Starlight Glimmer!
>Starlight is seen giving a buck to the face of a cragadile.

Would do more with this, but I ran out of VA and Villain ideas after starting.
>>
>>29295502
>MLP Movie ad during the superbowl.

Now that'd be one hell of a shitstorm.
>>
>>29295529
That happened already...
>>
File: large.png (713KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
713KB, 1280x720px
>>29295529
>image
that's actually when I'm expecting the trailer
>>
>>29295539
Back in 2015, yes. Still be funny if it happened again. I can already sense /sp/'s collective sphincters clenching in disgust.
>>
File: 1484649939324.png (118KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1484649939324.png
118KB, 250x250px
>>29295555
>>
>>29295259
>And think it'll fail like the jem movie did?
That movie cost $5 million to make and made less than half that. It would take effort to fail harder. They should have just gone nuts and done crazy 80's big hair nonsense with lots of neon, not some bland girl that gets famous via Youtube. Why even adapt it if you're gonna stray that far from the source material.
>>
>>29295259
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it did poorly and spelled the end for ponies.

We're not news anymore, nobody's excited about ponies. A little, but not really excited.

Now being in a hiatus almost sounds normal. The show could die off entirely and I probably wouldn't even notice.

So if the movie does well, all the better, but I don't know how much longer the show can stay relevant.
>>
File: aquaman outrageous.png (229KB, 900x427px) Image search: [Google]
aquaman outrageous.png
229KB, 900x427px
>>29295607
I guess it was cheaper that way.
Which is funny cause Rainbow Rocks was all over with glam rock shit.
>>
File: check'em.png (588KB, 510x558px) Image search: [Google]
check'em.png
588KB, 510x558px
>>29295555
>>
>>29295418
Hasbro learned from that. they won't kill anyone.
Though I wouldn't be surprised if they booted the other 6 (or 5) off for new characters.
>>
>>29295259
>Think it'll be the end?
yup. Way too much silence round S7 and the movie.
>>
>>29295259
They'll reboot after S7. Its easier for hasbro that way, then they can reset everyone back to their S1 self like they did with Equestria girls and just retell all the lessons they learned and episode stories all over again.
>>
>>29296144
If they pull a Jojo on us, I will be hurt.
>>
>>29295259
I'm getting tried of the Jem argument. First of all no one really gives about Jem and the holograms, it's one of the most niche shit ever. Second, hasbro had no push on Jem for years before the movie, so everyone except for the very small amount of fans was like "Literally Who, and why should I care?", it didn't that was no one of relevance attached to the project. There's also the very disgusting way they manipulated actual Jem fans but that's another issue entirely.

Meanwhile mlp is a show that's currently airing with a sizable fanbase. Plus it's written and directed by people who actually work on the show so it will at least be as good as the show is rather than another shitty cgi cartoons in real world like other poplar cartoon properties get.

tl:dr the mlp movie will at least be above average and make a decent amount of money.
>>
>>29295259
Well, they're apparently going to try and pander to bronies with "OMG ACTION" if the fact that they're chomping at the bit to make armor/weapon GOH toys for the movie is anything to go by.

And... That is pretty much a guarantee they'll fail since pandering to bronies is a straight shot to failure. (Look at how the Power puff girls movie bombed when it tried to be dark and scary for its adult fans)
>>
File: even fillies laugh at you.gif (273KB, 396x607px) Image search: [Google]
even fillies laugh at you.gif
273KB, 396x607px
>>29295684
>Hasbro
>learning from mistakes
>>
>>29296261
The PPG movie was good, though. Cult classic good, not theater good, but theatrical releases are generally shit, anyway.
>>
File: fan pandering.jpg (56KB, 1642x187px) Image search: [Google]
fan pandering.jpg
56KB, 1642x187px
>>29296261
>ell, they're apparently going to try and pander to bronies with "OMG ACTION"
it deeply bothers me that action in a childrens show for girls can only mean its pandering to full grown men.
its not like faust set out to change that exact type of thinking or anything.
>>
>>29296314
This. Kids fucking love action. It isn't there just to pander.
>>
>>29296314
This.jpg.exe.tar.avi
>>
>>29296314
My problem with the way the current writers handle action scenes is that they do two minutes of intensity and follow it up with ten minutes of asspull resolution.
>>
>>29296332
Little boys like action. Little girls less so.
Little girls like adventure and fantasy (like in sophia the first), but they DON'T like fighting.
For little girls you have some sort of resolution where they just run around away from the villain or sing a song, and then at the end the villain gets defeated in a puff of smoke.

Girls like danger but they don't like FIGHTING. Armor and weapons and actually hitting the villains to win are for the boys, not them.
>>
File: 457636636.jpg (42KB, 653x672px) Image search: [Google]
457636636.jpg
42KB, 653x672px
>>29296400
I hope this is bait.
>>
>>29296400
Tumblr would have a hell of a shitfit over this
>>
>>29296400
>Little girls like adventure and fantasy (like in sophia the first), but they DON'T like fighting.

t. neckbeard with no children of his own talking out of his ass
>>
>>29295259
It won't fail, not financially at least.

There's not much promo material because it's still more than 6 months until the movie comes out. Wait a couple of months, the trailers for the movie will probably pick up around the time S7 starts along with a butt load of other promotional material to intensify hype in the lead up while simultaneously encouraging people to watch the new episodes and buy toys.

Rule number 1 of marketing a movie, don't blow your hype load too early or people will lose interest by the time the movie actually comes out. Seriously, people these days have frighteningly short attention spans.

Honestly my biggest worry is that it'll come out resembling essentially just a really long MLP episode. I'm worried about it because the EG movies are basically like this. That said, I'm somewhat appeased by the fact that they have actually hired a movie writer to work on the script.

Pacing a movie is completely different to pacing an episode, also you have to appropriately raise the stakes to a movie level and intensify the exciting aspects while still maintaining the core of the FiM series (that being character based conflict with the high fantasy and evil villains acting as a backdrop and to push the plot forwards).
>>
File: 1448340362004.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1448340362004.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>29296400
>>
>>29296400
This comes across like a chicken or the egg thing: do girls go for the fantasy princess stuff because that's genuinely what they tend to prefer or is it because that seems to be all that movie and toy companies offer them? It's like a self fulfilling prophecy.
>>
>>29296400
You're an imbecile.
>>
>>29295259

it will suck harder than slut Fluttershy
>>
>>29296446
Good thing fluttershy isn't a slut.
>>
>>29296424
>just a giant episode

Sorry to say, that's exactly what its going to be. Its why they broke with sony, because sony was telling them that was a bad idea but hasbro doesn't want to hear that.
>>
File: newborn cuties 4.png (228KB, 474x343px) Image search: [Google]
newborn cuties 4.png
228KB, 474x343px
>>29296400
This line of thinking is what led DIRECTLY to Newborn Cuties.
>>
>>29296453
>not because they wanted to make the smurfs
>>
>>29296453
What Sony wanted to do was far, far worse.

Sony wanted to turn it into the Smurfs live action movie with shitty CGI characters. Sony wanted the prophesy to come true, Sony is the devil!
>>
someone post the prophecy that those neigh-sayers might look upon it and see what might have been
>>
>>29296476
Sony would have turned it into generic crap, but on the other hand it's true that if Hasbro can't make it accessible to new audiences it will crash and burn as a movie.

The EQG movies did okay in that regard because you don't need to know much of anything about the characters to watch them. They weren't particularly good, especially the last one, but if they can draw from that experience maybe all is not lost.
>>
>>29296453
Fuck you, I would love a movie-sized episode. Just not from Sony.

Just gimme an hour and a half of cute ponies. It's literally IMPOSSIBLE to fuck this up. oh wait they already did with eqg
>>
>>29296412
Name one time in history when tumbler WASN'T having a shitfit.

>>29296415
>>29296427
>>29296436
I babysit all the time. And its true.

>>29296435
If its not true then how come everytime someone tries to break away from it (See power puff girls) it fails horrifically?
>>
>>29296494
Movie sized episode might be fine to long time fans like you who are easy to please but for it to succeed as a movie it needs to be more than that. For the people who either aren't long time fans or who are a little more discerning and want more from their MLP movie than an extra long episode because they already have plenty of normal episodes they can watch, 7 damn seasons of them by the time it comes out.

Breaking with Sony was the right choice, but I just hope that the script re-writes they've made since then can make it a proper movie. We already have plenty of episodes after all.

That's why I'm happy they hired that writer who's actually worked on movies before to help with the script. Before they were only working with TV writers, which is probably a significant part of why it turned out that way the first time around.

You'll know if it's a real movie or not from whether or not someone dies. If a character dies at some point, as in definitively, clearly dies, then you'll know it's a movie (doesn't even have to be a good guy, even the villain dying is fine, my point is that in all decent movies someone dies at some point).
>>
>>29296494
Too bad what you want doesn't mean financial success.
To succeed you need to bring in the normies who have never seen the series before, and that means not requiring prior info and keeping things as basic as possible.
We're talking Pilot episode simplicity here. Everyone will probably be the same level of character growth as they were in season one to appeal to normies.
>>
>>29296551
>in all decent movies someone dies at some point
For action movie, maybe. I just watched the devil wears prada, and the antagonist is the most piece of shit stuck up haughty bitch you can think of, but she doesn't need to do any killing to drive the point home.
>>
>>29296551
>in all decent movies someone dies at some point

What about Glengarry Glen Ross?
>>
>>29296548
The Power Puff Girls TV show had tons of violence and was a huge critical and popular success. Only the movie failed and that had nothing to do with it being too violent, it had far more to do with the timing of release and poor marketing.
>>
>>29296586
I remember having to watch that movie in my business class.
We were told how the villain was completely 100% in the right and the protagonist and everyone else were whiny bitches who sucked at business and not to be like them.
>>
>>29296603
That's the steve jobs school of leadership.
Unfortunately there's downsides to ruling by terror.
>>
File: 1455577888545.gif (485KB, 193x135px) Image search: [Google]
1455577888545.gif
485KB, 193x135px
>>29296548
>PPG
>failed horrifically
>>
File: Rich Flamingo.webm (1MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
Rich Flamingo.webm
1MB, 426x240px
I want the movie to be a remake of Double Rainboom.
>>
>>29296628
It was a financial bomb. Specifically because the creator was upset that the show had become too "Girly" and wanted to make it about the "whup ass girls" like he originally intended.
Whelp, that certainly turned out well.
>>
>>29296666
It was a financial bomb due to poor advertisement and marketing. Considering the powerpuff girls is still a cartoon that people have fond memories today. Saying it was a failure overall is a misnomer.
>>
>>29296927
This. PPG is an icon of western cartoons and probably among the most well-known and popular female superheroes. The movie suffered from poor advertising and the show declined only because Craig left to make Foster's.
>>
Power puff girls also went 200% ultra girly stereotypes after the reboot too...
>>
>>29297075
they also introduce fun concepts, like "its okay to be a tranny"
>>
>>29296453
>wanting the Prophecy to be fulfilled
I feel like making it like an episode is exactly what they should do. The best parts of the TNG movies were when the Enterprise crew were doing episode-tier stuff, not the retarded movie plot stuff.

After all, the biggest mistake people make with these kinds of things is they go too far.
>>
All of the mane six will become alicorns, and the series will retire them for A new team of 6 ponies to take over in their place with the mane six as mentors instead.
>>
>>29297479
I kinda agree. The only way I can think of this movie failing as a movie is to go too far and leaving everyone in theaters including hardcore fans in giant "WTF?".
And with this fanbase, I just can't imagine it failing financially unless they raise their gross profit expectation and budget too high.

Let's face it. "The ride never ends".
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.