[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Twilight will not outlive her friends"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

But she's fucking immortal, that's bullshit.
>>
>>29289982
who are you arguing with?
>>
>>29289982
we don't even know if celestia is immortal, just really really old. we'll never know if it's not mentioned in the show

what i know is that staff tweets are worthless
>>
>>29289992
Even if Celestia's really old and not immortal, a thousand years is more than a mortal's going to live. Its like a human compared to a dog, sure the human's not immortal but they might as well be to the dog.
>>
>>29289982
She'll sacrifice herself in the series finale to save her friends, they'll be the ones outliving her.
>>
>>29289982

Immortal is not invulnerable.
>>
>>29290048
>implying hasbro would ever let anyone DIE in their pretty pony show
Even sombra was retconned to not have died.
>>
>>29290007
>implying that there is any indication that Twilight and Celestia have similar lifespans
>>
>>29289982
The order in which her friends die will go:
Rainbow Dash- a few years after the events of the series end.
Pinkie Pie- 20 years, sugar overdose
[world starts to corrupt without them]
Rarity- 53 years, natural causes
[some areas have been overtaken by evil]
Applejack- 107 years, getting crushed by an enemy
[at this point, it becomes an apocalypse]
Fluttershy- 459 years, suicide by gun
Twilight- fights these forces (in vein) for thousands, millions, billions of years. The world around them ceases to exist, as do the stars and planets in the sky. Twilight's body, after a nearly infinite amount of time, has evaporated into non-existence. Nothing is meant to last this long.

Twilight wakes up and sees her friends, glad that they're still alive and that she isn't immortal.
She bounces around town gleefully cheering "I'm going to die someday! Woo!"
>>
>>29290184
http://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/4326376/#4329816

sort of related I guess
>>
File: large.png (634KB, 713x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
634KB, 713x1024px
>>29290184
More likely twilight becomes an insane evil tyrant without the other 5 around to balance her.
>>
>>29290007
But how do you know Celestia wasn't born alicorn like flurry?
>>
>>29290127
>referencing comics as canon
Shiggy
>>
>>29290410
>this is the first time equestria has seen an alicorn born.
>Flurry heart, S6 premier
>>
File: 82e.jpg (166KB, 1230x921px) Image search: [Google]
82e.jpg
166KB, 1230x921px
>>29289982
>>
>>29290669
exactly HOW is it wrong? Meghan is pretty clearly bullshitting.
>>
File: Nighttime dream pirates.jpg (638KB, 1920x1097px) Image search: [Google]
Nighttime dream pirates.jpg
638KB, 1920x1097px
>>29289992
In the questionably canon Tale of Two Sisters, it's explained that Celestia and Luna were born alicorns, making this >>29290421 either bullshit, or the new canon. You could argue that "Equestria" is the land the three tribes built and Celestia and Luna came from elsewhere, making it work.
So, getting back to the main point, Celestia and Luna are actually empowered by controlling the sun and moon, which is what gives them their longevity and some measure of power. Before they arrived, unicorns literally burned their power out controlling the sun and moon in small groups. So from this we can infer that alicorns in general are not immortal, and Celestia and Luna are a special case. I suspect Nightmare Moon kept Luna alive, or maybe just her proximity to the moon did. So Twilight will indee /not/ outlive her friends, unless she finds something similar to Celestia and Luna that will fuel her inherent power. Maybe friendship? And her friends will all live as long as she does? Who knows.

Personally I think they'll forget about that detail and much it all up, but y'know, whatever.
>>
>>29290767
the show overwrites anything established by all the other media and spinoffs, for the better or worse
>>
File: 1431354115286.jpg (1MB, 2590x1470px) Image search: [Google]
1431354115286.jpg
1MB, 2590x1470px
>>29290784
Hence why it is "questionably canon".
However, the journal benefits from having a direct link to the show, in that it is the journal found in the sister's castle and written in by the mane 6 during season 4. Also, as I mentioned before, "Equestria" as it is has distinct borders, which the sisters births predate. Since Cadance and Twilight are 'created' alicorns, Flurryheart is, indeed, the very first alicorn born inside the borders of Equestria. Possibly a technicality, but one that is nebulous enough to keep the book canon.
>>
>>29290767
>In the questionably canon Tale of Two Sisters, it's explained that Celestia and Luna were born alicorns

Technically it never says that they were BORN alicorns, just that they were alicorns at that point, and alicorns age super slow (Hence they lacked cutie marks despite being older than platinum)
>>
>>29290820
That is a fair point, but a tribe of Alicorns that they hailed from is mentioned, and Equestria is younger than they are with defined borders, so Flurry Heart is the first Alicorn birth Equestria would encounter, if they are indeed normally "birthed".
>>
It's easy. When humans invade the mane 6 are on the front lines of the war and they all die in the same mortar strike.

All hail Empress Meghan.
>>
>mary sue gifted with immortality
fuck twilight
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.