[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do No Harm(CYOA) - #3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 379
Thread images: 1

File: BGtransparant.png (325KB, 1063x752px) Image search: [Google]
BGtransparant.png
325KB, 1063x752px
>The town of Anima isn't the healthiest place in the world.
>No growing trade town is, you suppose. What with all the boats coming in, moving passengers and cargo, not to mention that the town drinks from its toilet.
>Not that that last part can be helped, being on a river.
>There haven't been any...epidemics in the traditional sense of the word, but health issues run rampant.
>Your name is Heart Beat, and you're the assistant to one of the few fully fledged doctors in Anima.
>Proper clinics like yours are a rarity, most either self-medicate or resort to Zebrican shamanism, or even less reliable methods.
>Still, you're just one pony, and medicine doesn't come cheap. Heck, you're not even a real doctor!
>But the time for medicine is done for the day.
>Now, its time to relax, and you've chosen to spend yours outside.
>Some time in a bookstore later, you found yourself on the streets with the smell of street food and the sounds of more market stalls being set up for the night.
>>
>>29262107
>>29262275
>>29263130
>>29264167

>You're feeling a little adventurous tonight.
>You head to the fruit stall setting up, intent on asking about their produce...and if they know anything about a certain underground area of town.

>The pair of bat ponies hear your hoofsteps before you actually arrive, thanks to their hearing.
>Which is quite impressive, you'd think, considering the amount of traffic around.
>Well, no point beating around the bush.

"Er, hello. How many of these fruits are locally grown?"
>"Ah, a new customer? Welcome! Most of our fruits are shipped in, yes. Mostly the things like apples and pears, its too warm for them to grow well here."
>The bat mare smiles, gesturing towards the tropical fruits.
>"Though plenty of our stock comes from farms around town."
>Bananas, pineapples, even some coconuts.
>"Want some mangoes? You look like a mango kind of pony. They always sell fast."

"Another question: do you know about the tunnels under town?"
>The bat pony stallion on the other side of the stall stops his work momentarily.
>"Who doesn't know about the Underground? You're asking the wrong kind of bat pony though. We're fruit eaters, not bloodsuckers."
>>
>>29282103
Sorry. Despite living here, we're usually to busy to explore what the town has to offer.
>>
>>29282103
I - sorry but what? What do you mean by bloodsuckers? Do you know anyone who'd know an entrance to one of the tunnels?
>>
>>29282103
If we ever wanted to grow our own plans we could do pineapples. You cut off a bit of the top, put it in the ground and bam! Pineapple. Let's buy a pineapple. No garden, but a maybe for potted plants.
>>
>>29282195
>>29282634
"Sorry, I'm usually to busy to really explore the town. What do you mean by blooksuckers? Do you know anyone who would know the entrance to the tunnels?"
>"J-you don't know? Oh, bless your innocence."
>The bat stallion facehoofs.
>"You don't know where that stereotype of vampire bat ponies comes from? That's the Northerners' thing, but SOME genius decided that ALL ponies with leathery wings and fangs must be the same."
>"So are you looking to buy some fruit or not? We're kinda busy, you know."
>He gestures back towards the few boxes of unloaded fruit just behind him.
>>
>>29282735
trip
>>
>>29282735
Didn't really answer our question but fine. A pineapple, a mango, and a few bananas.
>>
>>29282744
Ask if they would like some help unloading those crates *cough cough hack unicorn magic cough*
>>
>>29282883
But what about the caves? These two obviously don't know where are the caves, or anyone who would know.
>>
>>29282858
Seems like a bit much.

>>29282883
I think they're talking about selling rather than unpacking.
>>
>>29282858
How about just one thing to start with? We don't have a bag, its going to be a pain to carry so many fruits around all night. I'm sure they'll be around every night.

>>29282923
There's entrances all around town, isn't there?
Besides, its a part of town, not some secret underground nightclub. Surely there's gonna be something near the entrances.
>>
>>29282986
Shit. We didn't bring the saddlebags did we.
>>
>>29282942
Then let's buy a banana or two for the road.
>>
>>29283006
>Shrugging, you decide to purchase a banana.
>You don't have your bags with you, so its not like you can carry much.
>Breifly, you consider asking if they need help unloading, but it looks like they have things handled.

>Banana in hoof and a bit poorer you begin to wonder about your original plans.
>Sure, the ways into the undergound areas of town aren't exactly hidden, but where could you find one?
>Its not a case of there being nothing to find, but a case of not knowing what to look for.
>>
>>29283124
Let's walk around and find a bat pony. That is absolutely not racist at all asking a bad pony.
>>
>>29283239
OK maybe it just a smidgen bit racist to assume, but there is some truth to it.
>>
>>29283240
Make an excuse if needed. Say that you're supposed to check on a patient who supposedly lives down there.
>>
>>29283239
>>29283240
>>29283254
>You'll ask...a bat pony!
>Brilliant! Even if its racist to assume.
>But its okay since you're friends with a bat pony, right?
>Right?

>Wandering around some more you manage to lay your sights on a bat pony who isn't preoccupied and looks like they know where they're going.
>Its a big burly stallion type, and judging from the striped shirt and anchor tattoo on his arm: a sailor.
>Granted, it isn't your first choice, but beggars can't be choosers.
>You walk over and give his shoulder a few taps.

"Excuse me, but do you know how I can get to the Underground?"
>The stallion pauses for a moment, looking confused.
>Quick, make an excuse!
"I...need to check on somepony there, a patient. I'm a doctor."

>"I don't know. Look for a cellar door that doesn't look it goes anywhere, or something?"
>The sailor shakes his head, walking away too quickly for you to voice a reply.
>Well, so much for that.
>>
Pausing here, sorry.

Busy day.
>>
>>29283486
Oh sweet. He's not mad. A confused bat pone is better then an angry one.
>>
>>29283486
Let's go to the bar. Hopefully we can find our bat friend or someone to talk too.
>>
>>29283708
Bar? What bar?
>>
>>29284238
You must be a newfag. Read the first thread and you will know what I am talking about.
>>
>>29283708
Seconding this, we still gotta find out where Swift lives.
>>
>>29285204
Hopefully he knows the entrance to the tunnels. Actually, where did we learn about the cave system that ran underground?
>>
>>29282083
>Do not harm 101
>>
>>29286953
>>
>>29287370
>>
So no posts by the QM until the weekend?
>>
>>29290394
Most likely, he leads a busy life.
>>
>>29290445
Good for him then.
>>
>>29293229
>>
>>29283486
So yeah back to the bar. Maybe we can convince Swift to show us the nocturnal side of town.
>>
>>29294337
>>
>>29300915
>>
>>29301625
>>
>>29302301
>>
>>29303420
>>
>>29283494
Today?
>>
>>29305075
>>
>>29306366
>>
>>29305075
Today.

Though I must say it's a busy few weeks so it'll only be a few posts per session for the rest of the month...maybe some of the next one too.
>>
>>29283486
Let's find out batty friend and ask him about it.
>>
>>29283671
>>29283708
>>29294774
>>29307985
>Taking a moment to consider your plans you find...not much else to do.
>As far as something specific goes, you'll need something other than a random stranger off the street.
>...the bar from last night seems like a good choice.
>Even Swift might be there.
>If he isn't...well there's bound to be even more random strangers, at least.

>The night grows dark by the time you make it to the bar at the docks.
>Once again, the big Zebra mare stands guard at the door, but she lets you in without much trouble.
>Probably because she remembers you from the night before.

>...
>The bar...has changed.
>A small stage has been wheeled out into a corner, though it sits empty at this time.
>As for the patrons...

>A few mares and stallions sit around the place, doing bar things.
>Drinking, eating, playing cards...
>One of the bigger tables to your left has a few pegasi and gryphons sitting on either side.
>Judging from the sound of bickering, they're either really good friends or mortal enemies.
>You think you spy a dog tail from the card table in the back, but its hard to tell with your blocked view.
>That bull is tending to the bar,silently, as usual.
>But not one stray hair of Swift in sight.
>>
>>29308006
Have a walk around the bar, see if there's anyone worth asking.
>>
>>29308006
Time to seduce some batpony mares. It's the only way to locate the underground.
>>
>>29308091
Or maybe so zebra mares.
Naaah I'm kidding. Let's get a drink and find someone who wouldn't mind a little small talk. Maybe watch the card games unfolds.
>>
>>29308006
Ask the bull if he's seen our friend Swift.
>>
>>29308006
It would be nice to see a friendly face. Maybe that light green mare that asked Heart to check on her father?
>>
>>29308006
Ask the bartender or one of the featuring sitting at the bar about the stage. Who ever is more forthcoming with the information.
>>
>>29308006
>So what is the stage for? Are there hired artist or performers for tonight? Karaoke?
>>
>>29308006
We ordered a coconut beverage last time. Let's go for some banana.
>>
>>29308416
>>29308325
>>29308293
>>29308283
>>29308231
>>29308091
>>29308079
>Time to look around.
>Who knows, maybe some nice batpony would tell you how to get where you want to go?
>Though you might have some trouble finding the right...type.

>It'd be nice to see a friendly face.
>If not swift, well. Even the mare whose name you never got would do.

>You decide to go and ask the bartender if he's seen your nocturnal companion.
"Hi there, remember me? I...don't suppose you've seen my friend here? Bat stallion, orange eyes, talks a lot?"
>A grunt and shake of the head is all you get.
>A 'no', if you'd have a guess.

"So what's the stage for? Is there going to be a performance tonight? Karaoke?"
>The bull's stern visage nods, pointing to a poster on one of the walls.
>'Live perfomance tonight, ten till late - Selene'
>There's no picture of the performer in question, just some colourful graphic of microphones and a themed background.
>Its noticably...different, from the rest of the asthectic of this part of town.
>You can't really pin it down to a specific culture, maybe Minotaur, or Griffish, perhaps?

>Bah, its probably not important anyways.
>You order a drink to occupy your mouth as you walk around the place.
>A banana smoothie should do.

>The table with the card game looks like its progressing nicely.
>As nicely as you can tell, at least.
>You're finally close enough to pick some coherent words from the table with the pegasi and griffins.
>And they're bickering, alright.
>"We've cleared enough clouds and seeded enough rain to last the farms for weeks! We're the better weather team!" Claims a pegasus mare.
>"And without us keeping the skies clear around the docks, you wouldn't even have the drink in your hoof right now! All just because you ponies can't stand the smell of raw fish." Retorts the Griffin across her.
>>
>>29308091
I think it was stated or mentioned either in the character creation or at one time Heart was speaking to the youngbull that we learned of Hearts sexuality. He was asexual, or am I wrong?
>>
>>29308513
Best not to get involved in this one. Let's find a random alone pony to talk to.
>>
>>29308513
Ask them if they know who's going to perform on the stage in the corner. Who is Selene? Bat pony, Diamond Dog, earthpony, what? Also does heart have a watch? If not make a quick check of the place then ask one of them.
>>
>>29308551
Either that or he's a nerd and doesn't go out much. I mean...we only have one friend to our name so far. Not to mention that lewd dream he had about Doc Pill and Swift. Well, only one way to find out...
>>
>>29308552
Maybe an awkward looking pony? It should be easy (or at least I think it might be) to stear the conversation. Granted if they or anyone we find would be interested in starting a one.
>>
>>29308579
Wait, lewd dream? Think you could do my a solid and post the link to that dream?
>>
>>29308589
I'm currently on phone, so I can't. Basically someone suggested that we have a lewd dream where we frott Swift under us and get mounted by Doc Pill. Though Heart didn't remember the dream fully when he woke up.
>>
>>29308613
Well do you remember when this dream happened? Was this after Heart finished all the errands (Headache, postoffice, cow udder, griffin butcher) and after Dr. Pill surprise test?
>>
>>29308651
No, I believe it's after our first visit to the bar with Swift and taking a look at that mare's father. It was after the first day pretty much. When we woke up we had to do those errands you mentioned.
>>
>>29308613
Just read through the archives for it. HOnestly it doesn't really seem to indicate anything either way other than the anon asking for it. A dream happened, but lewdness was neither confirmed or denied. Calling it a lewd dream about swift and pill looks like a bit of a stretch
>>
>>29308868
Again, only one way to find out if he's a nerd or asexual...
>>
>>29308552
>Er...best not to get involved in this one.
>Perhaps it would be better to find somepony alone to talk to, instead.

>A moment glancing across the room reveals quite a few opportunities.
>Some are alone, most of which are at the bar, nursing drinks or snacks.
>Others are in pairs , or small groups, dotted around sitting at tables and in booths.
>Really, the only large gatherings seem to be the two big round tables you spotted when you first came in.

>Maybe a search refinement is in order.
>You came in here on the off chance of finding Swift, to ask him about getting to the Underground.
>What kind of pony, or bird, or dog, or...bovine, would know something like that?

>...
>Wait, or was it to just waste a few hours before getting back to the clinic?
>Or to ask about the performance?

>Darn, you might have forgotten.
>>
>>29308909
Approach a batpony mare. Sit next to her and open up with: "My sudden protracted cardiac arrhythmia makes me think I'm falling for you."
>>
>>29308909
Doesn't the bartender usually knows about random stuff? We can try asking them about the Underground Tunnels.
>>
>>29308945
This. Be as smooth as possible while doing it.
>>
>>29308945
I'm liking this plan. Weather she thinks it's stupid or genuinely likes the attempted flirt it'll start a conversation, that is unless she's a bitch about it.
>>
>>29308945
>>29308965
>>29308981
>>29309141
>Considering that asking the bartender about the Underground would once again result in a lack of conversation, you decide to go back to asking random ponies on the off chance they might know something.
>..and not to be racist, but that means go looking for bat pony. Again.

>Moments more pass as you survey the patrons who has the traits you're looking for.
>...there. In a booth at the back.
>You spot a batpony mare sitting in a relatively secluded spot, off to the side of the bar.
>Her dark grey coat makes her stand out against the dark wood of the table.
>Perhaps you'll ask her.

>You try to stroll up casually, but the flicker of her eyes in your direction tells you you've been spotted.
>Still, for some reason you decide that the best way to open up would be to use a pickup line.
"My sudden cardicac arrhythmia makes me think I'm falling for you."
>You try to be suave and smile, and you think you manage to pull it off decently.

>Though the unimpressed 'humph' and queer look from the mare tells you otherwise.
>"Do you always start conversations with random ponies using big words?"
>Brushing her red and cyan mane aside she takes a sip of something...red.
>"Is there something you needed? Or did you just want to walk up to ponies who want do drink and declare your heart condition?"

pause here
>>
>>29309262
Let do everything but mention the tunnel system (if it exists) to her, else the SJW's come after us.
>>
>>29309262
Heh, sorry. You just looked like you could use some company. I'm Heart Beat. So uhh...can I buy you a drink?
>>
>>29309262
Maybe we can subtly ask about the tunnels? Ask her about noteworthy places on the island? Ask for elaboration if she mentions the tunnels.
>>
>>29309292
Anon please, remember, we are really poor. Don't go wasting our bits now.
>>
>>29309310
We already bought a banana smoothie for us or something so I think we're already past that point. And maybe we should talk to her some more before we mention the underground. She might think we're racist.
>>
>>29309330
This. Don't mention the underground yet and try to spark up a different conversation. Even if she isn't interested in us romantically we could use another friend.
>>
>>29309330
Yes we bought a drink and that was for us, and she's still nursing her own. Looks like wine. Too much expensive for Hearts bit pouch.
>>
>>29309446
Fine, but I still vote for talking to her a bit before we bring up the tunnels.
>>
>>29309908
You can't just ask people that. That's like saying "what's a nigger" to a black dude.
>>
>>29310608
Uhh...if you didn't notice we already directly asked a batpony sailor where the tunnels were. I think we're lucky he didn't punch us in the face.
>>
>>29309262
>"Is there something you needed? Or did you just want to walk up to ponies who want do drink and declare your heart condition?"
"Nothing in particular. I was looking for someone to start a conversation with to pass the time, and I didn't want to drink by myself tonight."
>>
>>29310619
Oh yeah.
>>
>>29309262
Ask if she knows anything about who's performing.
>>
>>29309262
Yeah sorry. I wasn't sure how to introduce myself to you. Not best way to hello, was it?
>>
>>29310622
>>29311733
>>29312604
>Well, so much for being smooth.
"Sorry. Just...wasn't sure how to introduce myself."
>"Not the best way to say 'hello', I agree."
>As she takes another sip of her drink, you can't help but notice the way she idly runs her tongue over her fangs.
>Its surprising you didn't notice them earlier, with how large they are. She must have a great dental plan.

"I didn't want anything in particular, really, just a conversation to pass the time."
>Who knows? You might even make a new friend.
"Do know anything about who's performing?"

>"A singer, for starters. And judging by the name, I'd say its a she."
>"But why ask when you can just wait for the show to start? I'm sure your questions will be answered then."
>>
>>29314285
Sit across from her.

"Well I was wondering why you were drinking all alone here. Oh, my name's Heart Beat. You are...?"
>>
>>29314285
You have beautiful fangs.
>>
>>29314285
Sorry, I'm new in town and just wanted to get out of the house, I'm not trying to be a smooth operator or anything. Mind if I take a seat? What're you drinking, I'll get us two.
>>
>>29314390
She must have a great dental plan.
>>
>>29314529
We may not know the amount of bits Heart has, but it's safe to assume to that he doesn't have a lot.
>>
>>29314529
>>29314322
"Well I'm just new in town, wanted to get out of the house for a while. Mind if I take a seat?"
>The mare shrugs, gesturing to the other side of the booth. She doesn't seem to mind.
>Shifting a little you take the empty seat across from her.
>Or if she does, she doesn't let it show.

"Thanks. My name's Heart Beat. What's yours?"
>"Call me Primrose. Like the flower."
>She pushes her glass away a little.
>"So, new in town? Must pay well if you've already got a place of your own. Are you a doctor then?"
>"With a name like that I'd have a hard time imagining anything else. So, what brings you to start a conversation with a mare like me, really?"
>>
>>29314997
Well I just thought you were pretty and seemed lonely all here by yourself...so I thought you would like some company.
>>
>>29314997
Maybe tell her about how we were hoping to find Swift? She might know him.
Since our friend isn't around, we figured that we should meet more ponies?
>>
>>29315034
>>29315097
"I just saw a pretty mare like you all lonely and thought you would like some company...?"
>The flat stare you get in return tells you all you need to know.
>"That's actually slightly creepy."

"Heheh...well the real reason is because I'm looking for my friend. Or, was hoping to find him."
"You wouldn't happen to know him, by any chance? A bat stallion named Swift?"
>Primrose takes another sip of her drink, shaking her head in decline.
"But since he isn't around, I thought I should meet new ponies?"

>"Well, a bar is as good a place as any other for that." She smirks slightly.
>"Now that we're introduced, what are you going to do now? Play cards? Talk about the weather?"
>She points to the drink in your hoof. Its nearly emptied.
>"Get another banana smoothie?"
>>
>>29315468
Ask her for fun spots to visit on the island.
Can we afford another drink? Would rather save some bits.
>>
>>29315468
How many bits doesn Heart Beat have? Would you rather focus on the amount of bits the MC has to his name, and focus on more important immediate problems?
>>
>>29315468
Well I'm not to sure. Maybe we could tell each other a bit of ourself, n-nothing to personal of course. For one I'm not a doctor. Or at least not fully one yet, no, but I hope to be someday.
>>
>>29315744
Bramp
>>
>>29315468
Well I was thinking about asking you a bit about yourself. Also I'm a doctor in training still, but I will be a pro one day! You already know what my job is so...what do you do for a living?
>>
bump before bed
>>
>>29317775
>>
>"I just saw a pretty mare like you all lonely and thought you would like some company...?"
>The flat stare you get in return tells you all you need to know.
>"That's actually slightly creepy."
I fucking knew it. I had a hunch she would find it creepy.
>>
>>29315468
Well I've never gambled before. Plus I don't know to play.
>>
>>29320679
>>
>>29321685
>>
>>29315468
Maybe look for Swift somewhere else?
I mean, we at least talked to someone else. I'd say mission Make Friends has been a success. We should probably get out of there before we fail.
>>
>>29322849
Bit too late for that, I think.
>>
>>29322849
No. You don't make a friend in a brief conversation. If Swift wanted to look for Heart he would do so. It is safe to assume he is not at the bar today and we don't have any leads to his location. IF, we do go after him we will be wasting a night wandering aimlessly.
Now but a lid on your anxiety so we can focus on the now. That being this mare.
>>
>>29322849
One, the mission fails as soon as we leave.
Two, the goal changed from looking for Swift to looking for someone to talk to and subtle ask over the period of a conversation about the tunnel thingy.
Three, what is with you fixation with Swift, who just so happened to be the first person we interacted with?
>>
>>29323359
>>29323366
Well, I was mostly kidding about the making a friend thing. Just thought we could get heading to the tunnels, and try to find Swift. That way, we know where he lives for anytime we want to hang out in the future.
>>
>>29323790
Let's just get to know this mare a bit better before we ask.
>>
>>29323790
You assume Swift lives in the tunnel. How would you propose we get to the tunnels? Wander aimlessly?
>>
>>29323790
You can list the number of established friendships Heart has on a single hoof.
>>
>>29323987
This. We really need to get more friends, that's why we're here.
>>
>>29323998
No we don't. Heart is a functioning adult who only needs a single friend in his life. Making more friends is just a waste of time.
>>
>>29324119
You will quickly find that a story with only two characters will make a pretty boring CYOA then.
>>
>>29324119
>implying that Pill isn't a friend too.
>>
>>29324150
Figure. I was being sarcastic in response to >>29322849 and >>29323790
>>
>>29324161
That's besides the point. Somewhere between associate and friend.
>>
>>29324161
Pill is our senpai~
>>
>>29324119
Dr House pls
>>29315468
"How about I get us both one, what are you drinking?"
[spoiler ]there's a reason I want to ask that[/spoiler]
>>
I get the feeling that whatever the QM says anything about bits it won't really matter. I Heart is probably loaded and the QM's comments on "slightly poorer" is to keep Heart Beat modest.>>29315468
>>
>>
>>29315468
How much was the beverage we payed for, and how many bits does Heart Beat have in with bit pouch?
>>
>>29326104
This? My OCD demands to know how much money we have.
>>
>>29327201
>>
>>29324162
Oh, don't I feel special? You replied to both of my comments.

Anyway, something about this mare just makes me uncomfortable. Not literally, but I don't feel that she's the most "safe" individual present. Probably the blood-red drink and giant fangs. Regardless, I'd prefer cautious actions, or limited interactions with this mare.
>>
>>29323987
Isn't that the ideal way to live life? 'Cus if not, then I must be doing something wrong...

But honestly, I haven't hung out with a friend just to hang out in like 18 months... But who needs friends when you have the internet, Xbox, and can play an instrument?
>>
>>29328203
People that don't have any of those luxuries, like Heart Beat.
>>
>>29328174
The glass of red liquid and the large fangs are a dead give alway, but shouldn't say anything unless she says something about it herself.
>>
>>29328347
Hey, we don't know if Heart can play an instrument. For all we know, he could play a mean Skin Flute!
>>
>>29328588
What?
>>
>>29328598
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skin+flute&defid=838570

I mean, in this day and age, ya' never know...
>>
>>29329034
It's more likely that he doesn't know then the chance that he would by a large gap.
>>
>>29331292
>>
Not that I have anything against our MC being gay, but what's with this focus on lewds? Big butt, lewd dreams, etc all player made ideas with no real acknowledgement on the QMs part.

What's with all this want to get into the pants of characters who we have little/no connection to? You wouldn't propose random strangers for sex irl would you?
>>
>>29333054
It's because there are a bunch of anons that try to make every single male MC as gay as possible. Some anons also try to turn every quest into a lewd quest.
>>
>>29333054
Fuck if I know man. It kind of annoying, and the only way that'll happen if they want the MC to pay for a prostitute (too poor) or go for a one night stand (sad MC).
>>
>>29333054
I personally don't want this to be a lewd quest for the sake of being lewd. However, I do want a relationship in this for character-building and such. Story progression, I guess? And with the way that the MC and Swift have interacted so far, they seem cute together. Also, heterosexual relationships are so common, that they're kind of boring to me. The one CYOA that I've read with a heterosexual relationship as the only relationship type, was between the MC and the most fleshed out NPC. And still, I was more interested in other characters and their interactions.

Sorry if this is hard to understand. I'm currently trying to do three things at once, and the touchscreen isn't being very cooperative...
>>
>>29334243
The QM never said anything about lewd for this quest (I think), so try directly ask em.
I haven't seen enough of Swift to consider it cute, but definetly friendly. Problem is how does Swift feel about Heart. If he's straight then so shipping, if he's gay then it questionable.
>>
>>29334372
Nah, don't think I will. I'm not going to try pushing either way unless it comes up as an honest option. If the quest ends up going lewd, then I'm fine with it. And if ends up staying G-rated, then, again, I'm fine with it. Well, as long as it's for the story. If there's just one random lewd scene that doesn't connect, and is never made to connect, I might be a little annoyed.

Mainly, I'm just joking around a bit while the quest itself is inactive. I haven't really been trying to push the quest anywhere.

Mainly, I'm trying to get used to the site. "Newfag" here. On a related note, what's with the name bar above the comment box? Isn't the main point of 4chan anonymity? Also, are there any stigma associated with using the name bar if you're not the OP?
>>
>>29335057
1: Never admit being a newfag again, even though we'll sniff you out regardless.
2: The name-bar is useful when you're generating Origiinal Content, likewise a tripcode if you have trouble with shitposters. Otherwise, the name field is a trap related to item 1.
>>
>>29335136
Alright, thanks. I figured outing myself as a newfag would be like being a Muslim in a security checkpoint, but figured you guys would know no matter what. Might as well get it out of the way as soon as possible, right?

Not to be too annoying, but what exactly are tripcodes? A quick internet search says that they're kind of like passwords, but how exactly are they used?
>>
>>29335357
See: http://www.4chan.org/faq#trip

Yes I know I'm spoonfeeding and that, in itself, is a sin. But this guy seems legit.
>>
>>29335457
You are forgiven, anon.
>>
>>29335457
One thing that I've read is that one should never trust a link on 4chan... are you trust-worthy?

Regardless, thanks!

I'm pretty sure that the "Trust No Links" law only applies to hyperlinks... I'll trust you.

Friend :)
>>
>>29335457
>>29336010

I've just realized my mistake: That is an imbedded link.... Damn website colors.

Trust lost, Friend :(
>>
>>29336022
Certainly it could have been worse than just the site's own color scheme. It could have been downright gh'Astley' in fact.
>>
>>29338523
>>
>>29339662
>>
>>29340088
>>
This weekend is going to beb real busy for me, and I will very likely not be able to have a session like usual. So expect sporadic posts, if any. At the very least about one post a day
>>
>>
>>29282083
inb4 AT episode
>>
>>29341595
So when do we romance the bat pony mare? just kidding
>>
>>29347052
After all the spaghetti that was spilled?
Never
Shame, nice fangs.
>>
Should we keep bumping, it's been a while?
>>
>>29347052
>not romancing the bat pony stallion
>>
>>29348917
Personally I think we shouldn't have the MC romance anyone at least a few more thread in. I'd rather not have a spontaneous fling.
>>
>>29348954
I kind of feel we could start this early, but just not doing anything serious. Like, just a date, or something.

I vote we chose Swift
>>
>>29349644
He's just a friend guy. If Swift wanted. A relationship he should've said so. We're not getting into a relationship with someone who doesn't want one.
>>
>>29349664
He could be thinking the same thing. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. We can at least try.
>>
>>29349901
And there's the chance that he's not interested and we have an awkward friendship with him.
>>
>>29349664
He is kinda flirty at times.
>>
>>
>>29351873
>>
"Well I've never gambled before. Besides, I don't really know how to play."
>"Not the kind to spend every coin you have, are you?"
>And ain't that the truth.
>In your short time in town you've managed to save up over hundred bits' worth, discounting food of course.
>Luckily you don't have to pay much in the way of rent.

"I'm just fine with talking some more. Know any fun spots on the island?"
>"This town is hardly a tourist attraction, as I'm sure you well know. If you want shopping, the markets run all day and night. Otherwise, there's always a swim in the river."
>Well, can't blame her there.
>Anima is more concerned with getting boats and carts of goods in and out instead of being a holiday destination.
>In fact, -
>"Though I hear there's a Red Light district near the docks, which is quite convenient for them I'll bet."
>Or that.

"Well then...that's new to me. What do you do for a living? I, for one, am not really a doctor, actually. I sure hope I'll be one eventually, but for now I'm really just a doctor's assistant."
>"I was only half right, then." she sighs. "Well I suppose it'd be rude of me not to answer."
>"I've no full time arrangment, at the moment. Just doing odd jobs till one sticks."
>Primrose swirls her glass a few times before taking another sip.

>"...it's tomato juice, by the way."
>What?
>"I've seen you looking at my drink more than once. Thought I'd inform you it's tomato juice."

Here's the post for today. no real time for a session like usual
>>
>>29353721
Oh, hehe...sorry. So you never told me what you're doing here all by yourself. Waiting for a friend...or...coltfriend?
>>
>>29354030
Oh jeez dude! Way too soon! We gotta be smonth about asking that. She has already called us a creep.
>>
>>29353721
Thank her for satisfying our curiosity, thought it could've been red wine, but that probably looks nothing like wine.
Ask what brings her to Anima?
>>
>>29354030
>>29354462
If she thinks we're creepy, then she'll hopefully stay away from us and Swift.

If its too early to start a relationship with Swift, its too early to start one with a mare we just met.
>>
>>29354768
God dammit drop it with Swift. Why can't this be a cyoa with just platonic relationships?
>>
Aren't we here to make friends, why are we randomly trying to hit on her?
>>
>>29354768
...sorry about that. You deserve your own opinion. I dunno, just tired.
>>
>>29354789
>>29354800
It's fine.

I'd be fine with platonic relationships of that's where the majority of players want this quest to go. Personally, however, I'd prefer a relationship.

I'm kind of jokingly pushing for a relationship with Swift. I feel that if we're going to start one, he'd be the best candidate, but I don't think we really need to start one, yet. If the option comes up, though...
>>
Heart Beat x health insurance otp bump
>>
>>
>>29356894
>>
>>29357446
>>
>>29353721
>"I've seen you looking at my drink more than once. Thought I'd inform you it's tomato juice."
Oh, tricky trick QM making me believe the possibility that Primrose was, some kind of blood drinker or vampire bat pony by mentioning the color pigment of the beverage and her larger than average fangs.
>"What - oh! Sorry the, your drink. Of course it's tomato juice not that it's...Hey did you know tomatoes are rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrient content? Of these being lycopene, which is a powerful antioxidant that has been found to promote good general health?
>>
>>29358748
Wonder if it's normal for bars to serve blood drinks?
>>
>>29359026
Point.
>>
>>29360142
>>
>>29361152
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa-ae6_okmg
All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head, I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kinda funny
I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very, very mad world, mad world

Children waiting for the day they feel good
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday
And I feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen, sit and listen

Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me, no one knew me
Hello teacher tell me what's my lesson
Look right through me, look right through me

And I find it kinda funny
I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very, very mad world, mad world

Enlarging your world
Mad world
>>
>>29362161
Darn. No post today.
>>
>>29354030
>>29354761
>>29358748
"Uh, right...thought it could've been wine, actually. So, what brings you to a town like Anima?"
>In nervous situations like this, sometimes you begin throwing up whatever you know about the topic at hoof.
>For example: tomatoes, like many fruits, are full of nutrition. Lycopene is among them, an antioxidant that helps general health.
>You'll have to concede that a bat pony with larger than average fangs (far as you've seen) drinking a deep red drink in a back area of a dim bar is rather stereotypical of you.
>Perhaps you just aren't the best at keeping calm in unfamiliar situations?

>"What brings me to town? The opportunities, like most of the people here I imagine."
>She leans back, folding her arms behind her head against the wooden backrest.
>"A combination of needing something to do and an unsuitable life where I came from. Long story, really. I won't bother you with the details."
>Fair enough, you suppose. No one, pony or otherwise, would just spill their guts out to random strangers. Not sane ones, at least.

"What are you doing here all by yourself then? Waiting for someone?"
>The banana in your glass has finally emptied out with the sips you took every other sentence.
>You probably have enough with you to get another, though it'd be unwise to spend more than you can afford.

>"Waiting for a certain time, actually." The mare across the table looks past you, glancing at something behind. "And it looks like I'm almost done."
>She moves to stand, giving a polite smile and nod at you as she pushes off the table.
>"Thanks for the conversation, but I'll have to take my leave now."

And here's today's post
>>
>>29363899
W-wait! Will I see you again?
>>
>>29363899
Alright then. See ya.
>>
>>29363899
Quick question before you leave? I heard from someone that there's tunnels or something here. Would you know where I could find one?
>>
>>29365840
Bump
>>
>>29366702
>>
>>29367646
>>
>>29363899
Thanks for the company. Maybe we could talk again in the future?
>>
>>29363899
>>29365840
>>
>>29364435
>>29365180
>>29365840
>Wait, already?
"Hey, wait. Quick question before you leave? I head there's a kind of tunnel system around here. Know where I could find a way in?"
>The mare pauses, an expression of confusion on her face. It soon changes into an amused smirk.
>"Well then,let's just say that doors going down don't always lead into basements." She chuckles.

>How cryptic. But it's better than nothing.
"A-alright then, thanks for the company. See you...will I see you again?"
>"Maybe. Depends on how patient you are."
>She begins to walk away, leaving the glass of her drink behind. Only traces of the red liquid remain.

>A glance behind you shows that the bar's become much more crowded now, much like night before.
>You lose sight of Primrose easily. Has she gone home? Went off to some other part of the bar? You don't know.
>But you do see through the windows outside, and it has well and truly gone dark.
>The clock above the bar seems to have stopped working hours ago, the hour hand frozen at 4pm.
>>
>>29370068
Lets go to the bartender and ask about the time.
>>
>>29370068
Check that glass for Lycopene. Make sure she was drinking only the healthiest, 100 percent pure tomato juice.
>>
>>29370430
This.

And look for Swift. He might be here now. If it's as busy as it was before, it's probably the same time.
>>
>>29370068
Where the singer? I wish to see the entertainment tonight.
>>
>>29370430
That's something that requires a chemical kit to test for. If she says it's not blood, then it's not blood. It it was then we would smelt it.
>>
>>29370490
>He might be here now.
As much as I hope he'd be here, we would've found him before our conversation with Primrose.
>>
>>29370333
Yeah does he have a watch since the clock is fucked? I want Heart to at see a bit of this performer before he calls it a day.
>>
>>29370333
>>29370430
>>29370490
>>29370637
>>29370664
>Looking back at the empty glass curiosity gets a hold of you.
>Is it really what she said it was? Maybe you should check...
>You pull the glass over to you in your magic and dab your hoof on the tip of your hoof on a bit of red clinging to the side.
>It feels watery, as juice would be. You take a sniff.
>Smells like tomatoes too.
>And taste?
>...
>Well, with how the other two tests went you shouldn't be surprised with the outcome.
>Breifly, you consider doing a test for lycopene, but that would take much too long.
>Not to mention the kind of equipment it would require. As fantastacial as magic spells can be, counting the atoms of molecules and their arrangement just isn't under it's umbrella.

>With your business done here you get up and go back to the bar.
>You sit back in an empty bar stool, this time to ask the time.
>The bartender isn't one to talk unless necessary, it seems. But you do manage to get an answer.
>"Night time." He says. You nearly miss it in the noise of the crowd behind.

>Another quick glance around for Swift doesn't reveal anything.
>Though it was a long shot, regardless. With how little you knew of his habits, you couldn't reasonable expect him to come to the same bar every single night, now could you?
>There are other things though. The table of card players has up and changed: gryphons and ponies can be seen at the table now too.
>The table where you once saw the Pegasus and Griffin arguing now has both sides just in a state of (mostly) quiet drinking. Noticably the two loudest members you saw on your way in don't seem to be present anymore.

>It looks like a few tables are occupied near the stage. Perhaps the show is starting soon?
>Without a watch or any sort of timepiece you aren't exactly sure how late it is.
>>
>>29370787
Fuck it. Let's go to one of the tables and learn the magic world of gambling. Let's bet small and bet little.
>>
>>29370787
Lets sit down and catch the show.
>>
>>29370853
Let's ask Swift about it next time we see him. For now let's grab a seat.
>>
>>29370787
>A hundred or so bits in personal savings.
Holy shit. Lower class citizen right there. It sure sucks to be Heart. We should have him study magic and medicine so he can become his own doctor. Get thato 100-300k bits a year.
>>
>>29370853
>>29370864
>>29370877
>...sitting down to watch the show doesn't sound too bad right now.
>Heck, you've got half a mind to join in the gambling table.
>...But maybe next time. Hopefully when Swift is here to tell you about it.
>For now you take a seat at one of the empty tables - a small one by the wall - and face the stage.

>...
>...
>...
>A while passes before the show starts proper.
>The lights dim some, leaving the stage lit up almost as if there were a spotlight on it.
>Red curtains form the backdrop of the stage as a pony walks up to the stage.
>It is a mare, wearing a simple mauve dress. Not as frilly nor as extravagantly long as you remember from Canterlot high culture.
>As racist as it is to admit, you'd almost thought Primrose had taken the stage. Or a relative at the very least.
>But there are differences, the mane and eye colours don't match hers.
>Notes from a saxaphone begin to play, and it isn't long before she opens her mouth to sing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-7l6GNEhCA

>Selene is partway through her song when a glint of light catches your eye at the edge of your vision.
>The moon has risen, large and bright over the rooftops of the buildings around.
>Surely it isn't so late as to need to head back, you've no such strict curfew. Not set by Doc Pill anyway.
>But you do idly wonder if you should get going...
>>
>>29371115
Pausing here, and thanks for playing! Now I've got to take care of other things.
>>
>>29371115
We don't have to go home. Let's wait for Primrose and enjoy the show.
>>
>>29371115
By Celestia she's beautiful.
>>
>>29371115
Probably should head back at a reasonable time, don't want to end up getting little sleep and incur Doctor Pill's wrath, do we?
>>
>>29371115
>>29371232
We can always get a coffee in the morning. Let's stay for a few more songs and see where that takes us. Then head home for much needed rest for tomorrow.
>>
>>29371302
Why just coffee? We're a doctor! We know how much crack cocaine is safe! Let's do as much as we can, and get everyone treated in an hour! Be there most efficient doctor ever!

On a serious note, I personally wouldn't be surprised if Doc Pill locks the place up when he goes to bed. Inadvertently locking us out, if we stay out too late.
I don't believe we have a key...
>>
>>29371439
Who needs a key when you can tumble a lock with telekinesis?
>>
>>29371456
Silly me. I forgot about that.

We can also just bust the door down. I mean, we've already decided to do cocaine. Might as well go all the way!
>>
>>29371729
Ha ha no for the cocaine. For one we the player do not know if cocaine is a thing in pony land. Two, Heartwood understand the repercussions of using cocaine.
>>
>>29371746
That's why it'd be safe! He'll know how to not OD on it!
>>
>>29372551
It's also addictive and detrimental to your health.
>>
>>29372970
So is alcohol and caffeine, bro.
Sensible moderation removes the danger.
>>
>>29372978
Technically true, but alcohol and caffeine aren't as addictive. If you want Heart to buy cocaine there's some issues you'd have to deal with.
Is it legal on the island?
Are there any dealers?
How much can 100 bit get?
>>
>>29372978
For one cocaine is expensive. We'd be wasting bits. There are medical substitutes that are just as, if not more effective in surgery and won't have to deal with the addiction. A street dealer could mix it with sugar and baking soda to make the drug more toxic but get a profit out of it. Heart currently has no use or desire to use the drug.
>>
I doubt turning our MC into Sherlock Holmes fits the narrative of this quest, honestly
>>
>>29371115
Tomorrow after work or the day after, if we have the time, we should head to the bookstore again and ask if we could pay them to order a few books for Heart. Magical, medical or both.
>>
>>29374283
Or ask Dr. Pill if we could borrow any of his from his personal collection if he has any.
>>
>>29371115
Remember that google doc you made that had all of those details on some of the races, and diseases magical or non magical? Will you expand upon it more, or are ya done with it?
>>
>>29375079
>>
People thought I was serious about getting cocaine...
>>
>>29376486
Well of course they did. Text doesn't have the kind of tone or inflection that speaking face to face does. And people crazier than you have suggested things much more seriously.
>>
>>29376591
You've got a point there...
>>
>>29377158
Bump
>>
P
>>
>>29379580
B
>>
>>29380146
A
>>
>>29380674
T
>>
>>29381167
P
>>
>>29381992
O
>>
>>29383171
N
>>
realizing that I may have started the quest at an inconvenient time bump
>>
>>29385825
C-C-COMBOBREAKER!
>>
>>29384773
Y
>>
>>29386899
M
>>
>>29387236
N
>>
>>29387236
A
>>
>>29388305
R
>>
So to organize the responses

-watch the show
-go back
-drink coffee in the morning
-procure some drugs used in eye surgery
-use those drugs
-get high
-go to bookstore after work
-???
-profit
>>
>>29388929
E
>>
>>29390428
W
>>
>>29391460
A
>>
>>29391735
N
>>
>>29392391
T
>>
>>29392744
S
>>
>>29393254
T
>>
>>29393763
O
>>
>>29394355
T
>>
>>29394751
O
>>
>Oh. Wow.
>Isn't she pretty...

>Part of you wants to stay here a while longer.
>Enjoy the show, maybe see if Primrose'll turn up again later...
>It's definitely tempting, especially since you know of some...chemicals...that can stave off tiredness for a while.
>Caffeine is always available.
>Ha, maybe even one of those things used for eye surgery? It'd be sure to get you awake in no time!

>...yeah, bad joke. You don't want to risk Doc Pill kicking you out.
>And you'll need rest before dealing whith who knows what tomorrow.
>Still, it's nice music.
>...okay. One more song, then it's back to the clinic for some rest.

>Selene bows to some mild applause once her song ends, but they don't keep it up for long.
>They know she's not done yet.
>The singer takes a quick glance around at the end of her bow, taking a moment before her next song begins.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W1er02r5zE
>The opening strings of a voilin play, as she starts singing again.
>In Prench, no less!
>Sure, reciting a song is much easier than actually being a speaker, but it still sounds nice.

>All too soon, it's over.
>With some reluctance, you get up from your seat and make your way back to the clinic.
>You enter just as Doc Pill is cleaning up in back.
>Just in time. If you took any longer...well you didn't want to find out if your magic was fine enough to tumble a lock.

>The next morning comes not with the sun's rays shining onto your eyes.
>Oh no, it's way too early for that.
>It comes with Doc Pill's hoof pounding on the door.
>A few blinks is enough for you to see that the sun hasn't even finished rising yet.
>"Heart! Wake up! The patients aren't going to wait around for you to finish napping!"

>Ugh, time to open up so soon?
>But you haven't even eaten breakfast yet!
>Or cleaned up, or visited the bathroom.
>Or anything, really. Buck. What should you take care of first?
>>
Here's another single post for today. Thanks for keeping the thread bumped
>>
>>29395285
Hygiene always comes first when dealing with disease.
>>
>>29395285
>"Can you give me some time to bath and eat?"
>>
>>29395285
Quick trip to the bathroom. A light breakfast. Get ready.
>>
>>29395190
U
>>
>>29396294
C
>>
>>29397024
H
>>
>>29397613
H
>>
bunp
>>
>>29398975
E
>>
>>29400408
A
>>
>>29308551
>>29308552
>>29308571
"Could I get some time to clean up and eat?"
>"You have fifteen minutes!" Replies the Doctor, hoofsteps receeding away from the door.
>Right then.

>When dealing with disease, hygene comes first.
>You open the door and make your way to the bathroom.
>Quick brush of your teeth, a few moments on the toilet.
>And a wash of your hooves. Always wash the hooves.

>Breakfast is quick and light. Bread and...something.
>Honestly, you didn't really bother to check.
>All in all, you manage to get things done. Though you'll probably need to have a snack later.

>The first few patients come and go as you've begun to get used to.
>"Heart. I need you to check the next patient while I handle this one." Doc Pill taps you on the shoulder, pointing to the door that leads into the examination room.
>An earth pony walks out by the other door, taking the long way around the counter.
>"NEXT!" Pill shouts. Startling the previous patient some.
>That always happens at least once. Thankfully your experience has gotten you used to that.

>A pegasus mare stands up from the seats and makes her way into the Doc's office.
>You take that as your cue to get going.

>The mare placed herself in the patient's chair already, and a few things are immediately visible to you.
>Her wings are partially splayed and look rather ruffled, a few orange feathers sticking out at weird angles.
>She idly scratches at her cyan mane, and her nose is quite clearly red from sniffling.
>Her gaze turns to you when she notices you enter. Looks like she's wating for you to speak first.
>>
>>29401618
So. Tell me what brings you here today.
>>
>>29401618
>Well hello miss, my name is Heart Beat and I'll be here to help you this morning / afternoon. Can you tell me what you know? The symptoms. Head aches, trouble sleeping?

Did she already pay? Probably, but always safe to be sure.
>>
>>29401618
I'm already thinking Flux flu or that disease that affects their wings. And maybe a cold. The flux and wing disease are probably not the case. It could easily be just bad hygiene and a simple sickness, who knows....

Let's find out.
>>
>>29401618
Do we have any files on this pacient?
>>
>>29401618
Are patients given forms to sign with check boxes?
>>
>>29401618
So QM. How long with you be able to post? Short, or normal posts?
>>
>>29401618
Tell her we'll be using a diagnostic spell on her before doing so. If she asks a question or declines, answer her questions or ask why.
>>
>>29401663
>>29401667
>>29401680
>>29401696

>You don't recognize her, so she must be either a new patient, or a really old one.
>There's also a sneaking suspicion of Flux Flu, but without a more thorough examination you don't really want to chance it.

"Hello miss, my name is Heart Beat, and I'll be helping you out this morning."
>"Hello." The mare's voice comes slightly raspy, and definitely nasal.
"So. What brings you here today? You're a new patient, I take it?" she nods. "What are your symptoms?"
>"Well a few days ago I came down with a cold, and it hasn't really let up much since then."
>"My nose is blocked, my head aches when I move too much, and my feathers are messed up because I can't take care of them properly."
>She blows her nose on a tissue from a box that Doc Pill keeps for just such cases.
>"I think some of them are even starting to fall off." She laments, running her hoof over a wing.
>A single orange down breaking off and falling to the floor.

>Well then, from just what she says, it's definitely some kind of flu. But what kind?
>Depending on what kind of treatment she'll need, there would be extra charges added onto her bill, but that's a matter for later.

>>29401714
Normal. As normal as it gets for me anyway. It is a very important and busy month for me right now
>>
>>29401891
>Well then, from just what she says, it's definitely some kind of flu. But what kind?
Well, what are the differences between the different kinds of flu? Do they have different body temperatures? Different incubation periods? Whatever the difference is, ask her about it or test it.
>>
>>29401891
Inspect her wings carefully for Red sores and maybe pus. She may the common. Old, feather flu, or both.
>>
>>29401891
Should be worth checking her wings to see if it's feather flu.
>>
>>29401891
If it's a cold then she just need rest. If it's feather flu then she needs to stay hydrated and take antibiotics when needed.
>>
>>29401891
Ask her if her wings ever feel sticky or clamp. If she says yes then she might have flux flu. If no then good for her.
>>
>>29402235
>>29402447
>>29402538
>>29402907
"Could I take a look at your wings for a moment?"
>The mare complies, turning to her side and placing her right wing onto the table.
>And you lean over to get a closer look, and comb through the pinions.
>Her wings don't glisten with the matted unkempt look that Flux Flu should have, you think.

>There, you've found something.
>A few empty spots where feathers once were, now swollen and red, like pimples.
>No pus that you can see, but it is possible she'd recently cleaned her wings.

>The sound of the door to behind the counter sliding open breaks your attention.
>"I see you've already started examining the patient. What have you found?" Doc Pill says.
>>
>>29402921
No exctoplasmic discharges from the wings, red raw pimply pores, symptoms similar to the common cold. She has the Feather Flu.
>>
>>29402921
So Dr. Pill, is she an old or new pacient? If she's has she filled out a form and do we need hee medical history?
>>
>>29402921
So we need to administer the antibiotics.
>>
>>29402921
So far I've found symptoms of the Feather Flu.
>>
>>29403006
>>29403011
>>29403041
>>29403264
"Red pores in the wings, flu symptoms, no excessive discharge. I'd say this is the feather flu."
>You scoot away, offering Doc Pill your place so he can examine the wing for himself.
>A moment passes before he turns to you once again.
>"It would seem so, yes. So what should be done about it?"

>Right. Flu like symptoms means lots of fluid and nutirient loss, and the inflammed pores means an extra route of bacterial infection, not to mention whatever's causing the flu in the first place.
"Antibiotics, if she needs it. Also rest, or staying hydrated at the very least."
>>"Uh, bed rest? Darn, my supervisor is gonna chew me out for that. She needs all hooves on deck to help with the monsoon winds." The mare sniffles again.
>"I can write you a letter." Doc Pill dismisses.
>"Are antibiotics really needed at this stage? Don't you think its a little early to bring those out? It doesn't seem too severe just yet."

>Normally you'd agree, but the way he said it makes you think that's more of a test question than anything.
>>
>>29403290
Absolutely. the Feather Flu was once a great killer of pegasi and griffins. Better safe then sorry. Wouldn't want any accidents in the work place.
>>
>>29403368
>Today, however, such worries are unfounded. Treat the patient as any other flu victim, give plenty of fluids for replacement and administer antibiotics as needed. Keeping a clean environment is especially important for these kinds of patients. Fallen feathers will grow back too, so your patient’s pride will not be wounded for long.
>>
>>29403290
We away no pus, so she washes regularly, or nothing has found its way inside her pools yet. Do the diagnostics spell to determine the density of bacteria found on her wings. Just in case.
>>
>>29403397
*saw
>>
>>29403374
I could have sworn that once said,
>"and take antibiotics."
>>
>>29403368
>>29403397
"Well, yes? Feather flu used to be practically a death sentence for anything with wings. Better safe than sorry, no?"
>A second glance at the wing gets you thinking more.
"There isn't any pus though, and its not like she doesn't keep herself clean...or nothing's found its way in yet..."
>But just in case...you light up your horn to prepare a spell for a visual inspection of bacterial presence.

"May I?"
>The mare shrugs.
>Two sweeps across the limb with your magic lights it up like the spots on a leopard.
>Bright splotches glow among your spell's light, especially centered around the bare patches you saw earlier.
>But by no means do they cover the entire wing.

>You turn to see Doc Pill scribbling on a note.
>"Bed rest...ensure clean wings and feathers...well? Antibiotics, or no?"
>>
>>29403503
The " manual of diseases and how to cure them" By Prof. Healing Word did not dictate when to administer or prescribe antibiotics, or when they would be needed. But seeing those bright splotches centered around the bare parts of her wing? I'd say yes to giving her antibiotics.
>>
>>29403503
I vote antibiotics yes.
>>
>>29403503
>But by no means do they cover the entire wing
If her whole wing was covered them she would either have very little to no feathers.
>>
>>29403576
>"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever."

Yeah. If Pill calls us an idiot then great, we'll have a referance for the future.
>>
>>29403503
>QM falls asleep at the desk and doesn't say when he'll pause
>>
>>29404112
Maybe this is just one REALLY REALLY long session
>>
>>29404739
Maybe he just needs more votes for yes?
>>29403503
I VOTE YES TO THE ANTIBIOTICS
>>
WUT!
>>
>>29399821
>>
No harm in the bathroom
>>
>>29406732
Bump
>>
>'He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.' as the saying goes.
>Your book by Healing Word didn't exactly specify when antibiotics is and isn't requried for a feather flu, but considering the case...
>Well, if her whole wing was infected then she'd have much fewer feathers on herself right now.

"In this case, I'd say yes." You nod in confidence.
>Even if you're wrong, then at least you'll have a reference for the future.

>Doc Pill's questioning eyebrow stays raised for a split second longer - but he quickly scribbles down in your decision.
>He floats the note over to the pegasus mare, who seems to have difficulty deciphering the old unicorn's writing.
>"Give that to your boss tomorrow, or get somepony to pass it along" He instructs. "You're in no shape to kick clouds today."
>"Wait outside, we'll have your medication done shortly."
>The door to the waiting room closes with a click.

>Immediately, Pill swivels in his chair to face you.
>"Good enough on the diagnosis, but the use of a blacklight spell was unnecessary." He chides.
>"Many kinds can cause feather flu. What if it was a type of microbe that didn't react? Its all well and good to be thorough, but you shouldn't rely on one thing to decide the validity of everything else. You were right the first time."
>"There isn't a spell that'll spell out a pony's illness in bright neon letters, you know. Magic do everything..."
>He glances aside for a moment, but is back to his usual self so quick you doubt there was anything different in the first place.

>"On to treatment. So, what kind of antibiotic would you give for that particular case of feather flu?"
>Oh gosh, that's a big category.
>Bacteriocidal? Bacteriostatic?
>Some only work on specific bacteria, others don't even work outside of specific body parts.
>Not to mention the chance of severe allergic reactions. You don't want to risk making an antibiotic resistant superplague either.
>>
>>29407536
I have a thing to do at the moment, so take your time in replying to this one
>>
>>29407536
>and my feathers are messed up because I can't take care of them properly.
She mentioned having difficulty with her hygiene so a light multi-purpose antibiotic could help protect her from infection while he body fights off the actual disease.
>>
>>29407641
Good on the initiative anon. I'm busy myself, so I can't over any thoughtful input right now.
>>
>>29407536
Bacteriostatic. She seems to be fairly clean as is, so we only need something to prevent infections, not to fight off an active one. There was a question of if we should even GIVE her one, so I think bactericidal is overkill.
>>
>>29407641
>>29407868
>The mare mentioned having problems taking care of her wings, but nothing major anywhere else.
>So something to keep the infection at bay while her body catches up would be most useful.
"Bacteriostatic, I think. She seems healthy enough, but mentioned trouble keeping her wings clean. If she can't remove the bacteria herself the antibiotics should help with that. Something multi purpose, and, uh...light. Bacteriacidals seem like overkill, at this point."

>"Broad-spectrum bacteriostatics then. Route of administration? And do you have a specific one in mind?"

>He's got a point, how the drug gets into the body is important too.
>The mare had soon-to-be sores on her wings. Topical application would help with that.
>But the feather flu affects the body all over. Pills will be easier to handle.
>Unless she's somehow proficient in the use of needles. Nothing gets a drug used faster than getting straight into the bloodstream.
>...but that's unlikely.

>Off the top of your head, there's tetracyclines, a class of drug that stops most bacteria from making proteins.
>There's more, of course, but those have names just as long that escape your mind right now.
>Maybe you should look those up...?
>>
>>29408435
Pills then. No needles.
>>
>>29408435
My paranoid side is telling me......

Heart Beat should tell Pill that he would have suggest the mare to take tetracyclines pills, if it weren't for the lingering doubts that there could be other drugs just as effective.

Can Heart prescribe drugs to the mare after he's sure what to give her? He could check on his break, or tonight.
>>
>>29408435
Sounds fine to me. Suggest the tetracyclines. If the good doc corrects us on how stupid we are then fine.
If we do suggest it, it's important to know if the mare is pregnant or not, as it could damage the baby.
>>
>>29408674
>>29408779
>>29408793
"Er, tetracycline pills. Is she pregnant, by any chance...?"
>Doc Pill shakes his head.
>"If she is I'll be very disappointed. Fair enough choice on the drug, I guess that will do for now."
>Well she didn't LOOK pregnant...
>But what if she was in an early stage of pregnancy?
>What if she-
>"What are you standing around for? Go give the mare her medicine!"

>With Doc Pill shooing you out, you make haste out the side door and back behind the counter.
>The mare you earlier saw is waiting on the other side.
>In a minute you have the whole thing ready for her, perscription and all.
>You sure hope that you've made the right choice, but at least if there's any other problems you can always tell her to come back.

>"Thanks for that." She sniffles out through the tissue in her snout.
>"Uh...how often should I take these?" She holds up the small packet of pills, label blank.
>>
>>29408977
Take these orally twice a day for 2 weeks
>>
>>29408977
You have a good day miss.
>>
>>29409104
Woops. Sorry. That's for acne.
>>
>>29409104
>>29409122
>>29409182
"Take these orally twice a day, for 2 weeks."
>Simple. Oh, wait...
"Whoops, sorry. That's for acne."

>"Uhh, there's only about ten pills here. So I'll take just one a day then?"
"Sure! You have a good day, Miss."
>Swiping the bits she's left on the counter as payment, you usher her out.
>"B-but-"
>With a smile, of course.

>The next few hours pass by without much fanfare on your end.
>Just the routine of measuring out drugs and talking to ponies.
>And writing in books. Who knew medicine would include so much accounting?
>Ugh.

>Its nearly midday now, and the patients have all but stopped coming in for the lunch hour.
>Almost feels like you could fall asleep at any momen-

>"IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?"
>>
>>29409472
*snrk* what ME!
>>
>>29409472
Oh gosh darnit. Some sleep would be nice.
>yes? Do you have an appointment?
>>
>>29409472
Doctor? Who?

Probably an overused joke... I don't even watch that show...
>>
>>29409472
If you were sleeping, slowly raise your head up and say "... in Jesus' name, Amen". You weren't sleeping, you were praying.
>>
>>29409509
>>29409538
>>29409554
>>29409570
>!
>*snrk*
"What, ME!"
>"Gah!"
>Your exclamation seemes to have starteled the pony that's just come in.
>Looks like they didn't see you coming in.

"Uh, in Celestia's name, amen."
>Your shake your head side to side, clering the minor drowsiness from your eyes.
>You weren't sleeping! O-of course not!
"...do you have an appointment?"
>This seems to have confused the messenger. The pony blinks in confusion before replying.
>"What? No! This is an emergency! I need to see the doctor!"
"Doctor who?"
>"Exactly! Is there a doctor in?"
>>
>>29409585
It's not like we kept tabs on Pill, but he's bound to be around.
>>
>>29409585
'Ma'am what is the emergency?'
Do we know where Dr. Pill fucked off too?
>>
>>29409585
If Doctor Pill isn't here and on another Island then fuuuuuck. We may need to substitute.
>>
>>29409634
We're part nurse / doctor in training / assistant. Don't we have a log or list of patients in the clinic?
>>
>>29409585
Tell me what is the problem. Is someone dying? Having an allergic reaction? Unconscious? Bleeding? Giving birth? Uncontrollably voiding bodily matter?
>>
>>29409634
>>29409706
>>29409717
>>29409729
>>29409785
"Uh, uh..."
>You didn't keep tabs on the Doc, but he's gotta be around somewhere.
>Because if not, then fuck.
"What's the emergency Ma'am?"
>"I'm a stallion."
>Double fuck. Pardon your Griffish.

>But as luck would have it, you hear the door to Pill's office slide open.
>Doc Pill's head sticks out soon after.
>A minotaur's head sticks out above his.
>>"The doctor is ME!" He calls out from across the room. "What's the emergency?"

>The stallion rushes over to the door, but his pancked speech is all clear from where you are.
>"A ship just came into the docks! They've nearly all fallen sick during the journey, and some of them need help right now! The've got one pony on board, but its not enough. We're trying to get help from any clinic we can to help them!"

>>"Heart. Take a bag with whatever you need, go to the docks, find that ship, and assess those passengers." Looks like Doc Pill doesn't waste any time getting serious.
>>"Sort out the ones that need help first, do whatever you need to get them stable, then come back here. I'll get the clinic ready."
>He points a hoof at the other stallion, then back at the minotaur patient.
>>"As for YOU, you're going to tell me whatever you know about the situation, after I finish up with this guy. Is that clear?"
>Both of them nod meekly at the Doc's words.

>Oh boy. Triage, and likely emergency medical care. On a ship full of sick passengers, who have the plague, for all you know.
>Looks like lunch will have to wait.
>>
>>29409817
If it's food poisoning or diarrhea, I guess they'll need re-hydration, so saline IVs, maybe something like ipecac syrup if they ate bad food, some pepto for stomach discomfort... I dunno folks, anything else? Hazmat suit maybe, be ready to quarantine?
>>
>>29409817
Get face masks for yourself (and maybe the people), take some painkillers (injections and pills), sutures, scissors. Penicillin?

OR just have Heart Beat take whatever he thinks he needs.
>>
>>29409872
>>29409926
>Hydration is the most important thing.
>If they've got diarrhoea, or food poisoning, you'll need something for those too.
>Maybe some painkillers? Penicillin?
>Perhaps hold off on the sutures and big scissors, you won't need anything sharp for more than cutting open bags.

>You grab your saddlebag from under the counter and head into the back to fill it up.
>Face masks, syringes with needles of various sizes, antibiotic pills, some syrup of ipecac and cimetidine for any digestive problems - though you won't be treating too many with these.
>You even manage to fit two litres of saline into the bag, along with a small pair of scissors to open up the medical supplies.
>But most importantly some paper and a pencil. Can't sort out patients on memory alone.
>All in all, the bag gets filled so full you might as well be carrying two of them. You're bring along a first aid kit too.
>The weight certainly matches as you heft them up in your magic.

>With all things ready you set off towards the docks, leaving Doc Pill to tend to matters there.
>The trip leaves you a little out of breath, carrying the weight so far, but your destination is easy to spot.
>A large ship, clearly made for passengers, sits docked among a few others. The gryphons and ponies guarding the boarding ramp make things obvious.

>With a little bit of hassle (and some help from the bags) you get through the quarantine.
>The main deck is a mess of crew and passengers moving back and forth, carrying trays of food and things of water to and fro.
>Some of them are clearly sick as well; coughing and sneezing, obviously swollen . You even spot one with an open ulcerated wound sitting against the guardrail on the deck.
>>
>>29410121
Examine the wound for cause, parasite? Allergic reaction? Chemical burn?
>>
>>29410121
Make sure to wear proper protection. We wont be of much help if we get sick ourself.
>>
>>29410121
Make sure to keep the odds of self contamination to a minimum
>>
>>29410121
So our job here is to assess the passengers and dort out the ones that need help first, do whatever we need to get them stable, then come back to the clinic.
Well ain't that just dandy. Put up your face mask so we can get to work.
>>
>>29410121
Find someone around or head to the main deck asking for where they keep those in the worst condition.
>>
>>29410138
>>29410180
>>29410342
>>29410355
>>29410388
>Time to get to work.
>You're here to assess who needs help the most, and give out emergency care to whoever needs it, then head back to the clinic.
>Best to put a mask on, and a pair of gloves, too. Make sure you don't get infected yourself.

>The Gryphon to your side has your curiosity. His ulcerated wound must be pretty bad, and you're curious about the cause.
>That, and you've got to ask someone where the most sick are being kept, so that's a good opportunity too.
>You make your way over and kneel to eye level, taking a good look at the hole on his torso.
>It is a few tiny holes in the skin, but the surrounding area is swollen bright red with a few flattened bubbles of dead skin.
>Fluid glistens in the sunlight as you move your head around to get a better angle. The surrounding area has been shaved, but there is still a little bit of pus accumulating in the crevices. The wound had been cleaned earlier, but not too recently, it seems.

"Hey there. I'm from one of the clinics in town, and I'm here to help. Is your wound going to be alright? Where'd it come from?"
>Blearily, the Gryph blinks his eyes, apparently having been quietly dozing.
>"Eh? Oh, this thing." He shifts, sitting more upright against the rail.
>"Its from...some kinda insect bite, I think. Happened halfway on the trip here, and it got infected. A quarter of the whole boat fell sick too soon after. Fever, always. Sometimes with things like these-" he points a talon to his chest "-sometimes with swelling, all over the neck or arms or legs."
>"Don't worry about me though, this thing's been cleaned out, and as long as it stays that way I'll be fine soon enough."

1/2
>>
>>29410570
>Hm. Perhpas the bug bite is what got germs into it in the first place. In a crowded and damp boat on the water, disease spreads like wildfire. Especially without access to enough medical supplies.
>"H-hey. You're some kinda doctor, right? You should go see that Zebra girl down below. Stopped me from getting too bad, helped keep everyone alive when the medicine started running out."

2/2
Aaaand pause.
>>
>>29410577
Good night.
Let's find the zebra girl.
>>
>>29410570
Hoo boy, this could be some bad stuff. Mosquitos transmit some nasty ones. How about malaria? Malaria is a blood parasite, I believe. Not sure what it's treated with but some kinda antibiotic I imagine.
>>
>>29410577
And how did the zebra girl help you?
>>
>>29410577
Is the zebra the boats doctor?
>>
bunp
>>
>>29413073
Bonu
>>
>>29414240
>>
>>29401109
R
>>
>>29417435
T
>>
>>29418632
B
>>
>>29410595
>>29410921
>>29411334
>>29412408
>Ooh, this could be bad.
>Mosquitoes are common around these parts, and they transmit some nasty things. It's possible it could be malaria, even. You hope.
>At least Malaria would be treatable.

>The mention of a Zebra girl intrigues you. It's likely this was the one taking care of the sick here, but who is she?
"Looks like I need to find her then...how did this Zebra help you? She's the doctor of this boat?"
>"No, not a doctor. Just another passenger on their way to Anima."
>The Gryph grunts as he readjusts himself once more to sit higher, having been slowly sliding down during the conversation.
>"She cleaned up the bug bite, first. Then gave me some kind of...drink to help with the fever when it hit. Made it from some herbs she had, don't ask me about the names though."
>"It was as bitter as burnt scones, and just as black!" He gags. "And that was watered down! I'm just glad there wasn't enough for more than a few cups."
>"But without her the sick would be in even worse shape, so I guess that's something to be thankful for. Even if it feels like I'm half dead."

>"You're gonna look for her, right? Should check the sick bay down below, or the galley - doubt she's got enough left to make anything with though. Good thing you're here, huh?"

single post again
>>
>>29423872
Let's hope this mare is an herbalist. Ok maybe hoping isn't needed. She's definitely an herbalist of sorts.
>>
>>29423872
I hope she's hot. Swiggity Swooty, Hearts coming for that booty.
>>
>>29423872
Lets go find her.
>>
>>29423872
I hope we don't get bit by any bug. Use telekinesis to squish any bug that want a bit of you.
>>
>>29427899
Somewhere in the distance, a changeling cries.
>>
>>29428519
I am offended that you would compare changelings to disease carrying insects. And insects eat other insects. There's something for you to think about.
>>
>>29428588
Bump
>>
>>29430057
>>
>>29431376
>>
>>29421273
E
>>
>>29432340
A
>>
>It sounds like this mare is a herbalist of some kind. Which fits, considering she's a Zebra.
>Time to go find her.

"Don't worry, I'll do whatever I can to help."
>You leave with final nod towards the Gryph. He looks fine where he is, there are more important things to worry about right now.
>With the business of the main deck it you make your way down below relatively unmolested.
>You've got your telekinesis ready to squish any bug that looks at you weird.
>Er...no offense to Changelings. And other insect-like ponies.

>The scene in the guts of the ship is as you expected: Cramped, damp, and not too bright. You feel a little off just being there.
>Reminds you a bit of your own trip into town, actually.
>The stairs thump under your hoofsteps, and you spy a brown thing scurry off in the side of your vision.

1/2
>>
>>29434131
>Good news for you, is that the signs are well laid out and that makes your task of navigating through that much easier. Finding the sick bay wasn't too troubling either. It's behind the door with a large red cross on it.
>The smell of sickness hits you as soon as you enter, followed with the overpowering scent of alcoholic disinfectant. An empty desk sits directly in front of you, below an open cabinet. Empty and nearly empty bottles litter the surface, and a half used roll of bandages sits on the corner.
>Beds and cots lie around, only a few are empty, most are occupied. Patients of all kinds occupy them.
>A young cow and bull pair are sitting on one bed, wearing masks, chatting with their neighbour: an earth pony in a cot with his foreleg wrapped in bandages.
>A rather sickly looking griffin takes a sip from a mug, and tries very hard not to retch.
>One bat pony lies off in a corner, trying to sleep through a fit of coughs. It doesn't seem to be working much.

>"...know, but unless we get them we've got no choice but to wait." A lightly accented mare's voice sounds from the side, behind a part of the room that's curtained off. That must be her.
>Gingerly stepping through the fabric wall you see a Zebra, just like that Gryphon said.
>She's young, that's clear, standing almost a whole head shorter than you, mane excluded. Stripes of black and white cover her body all the way down to her hooves, a shawl is wrapped around her head, covering her lower face.
>The Zebra mare is in a rather animated conversation with a pegasus crewmember, standing nearby a bed with a rather bored looking minotaur trying very had to read a book.
>>"Well then I just hope the clinics around town send somepony soon."

2/3
>>
>>29434138
>"So do I. But until then we have to wait. I'm happy enough that we got into town without losing anyone."
>She turns and pushes past them, towards a workbench where an open satchel bag lies. She takes a peek and pushes it aside.
>"Ugh. Already out. What can I use for...?"

"Ahem. Excuse me?"
>"Ugh, what is it now? If you've found two and one seventh rats in a summoning circle again, take them to the cook." She calls over her shoulder, but doesn't turn around.

3/3
>>
>>29434146
We're from the clinic.
>>
>>29434146
>I'm sorry - what? What's this about rats and a summoning circle?
>>
>>29434146
"I'm here for triage while the doctor prepares the clinic."
>>
>>29434146
Where did you put the patients in the worst condition? How are you treating the patients?
>>
>>29434146
A young mare or a filly.....or just a short mare.
>>
>>29434146
I'm that somepony, it seems.
Heart Beat, from the clinic in town.
>>
>>29434146
>"Uh, no. I'm the one somepony from the clinic sent. I'm here to evaluate the patients as Dr. Pill preps the clinic for the patients. Who might you be?"
>>
>>29434146
Is she a cutie?
>>
>>29434146
I'm from the- wait, what? Summoning circle?
>>
>>29434146
Swiggity swooty, we're comin for dat zebra booty.
>>
>>29439025
Bump
>>
>>29440057
Thread posts: 379
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.