[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bard Quest #13.2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 4

File: op10.png (212KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
op10.png
212KB, 1000x800px
This is a CYOA about a young pony discovering a world inspired by the many fantasy settings which exist out there

For the most important events:
>In the minotaur realm, Happy Harmonica (You), or Harmony for friends, left with the zebra monk Winter Seed for the capital Daedalus to attend the yearly Superbrawl, a minotaur festival centred around various physical competitions
>Along the way, they met Lettuce, a strange variety of vegetal, looking and moving like a pony, and who ended up following the two of them as well as Gust, a soldier on furlough who saved them from a trio of bandits
>Trotting Stone, Harmony’s Grandpa, and Heartshape, a strange little mare shrouded in mystery joined them in the minotaur capital
>They also took it on themselves to reform the changeling Nymph which goes by Sweetheart for now and travel with them
>Finally, Flickerwhiz, who was originally tasked to capture Nymph joined them after a surprising turn of events, which included him asking Harmony on a date
>Our story continues as this little bard mare is on a d-d-date with Flickerwhiz, inside a Café and Theatre

Full story:
https://www.anonpone.com/blord/

Here’s the list of the possessions you currently carry around in your travels:
Your trusty saddle-bags, your coltly headband, a walking stick, a letter from Bomber, a traveller’s blanket, a lighter, the Diamond Claws (which allow the wearer to burrow himself in dirt), your heirloom Harmonica, a med kit, a canteen of water, a rough map of the continent, some carrots, A agility potion, a pouch containing 66 silver coins and 9 cooper coins, a magic flask filled with water (which has uncanny transforming effects, depending on what you fill it with).
>>
>>29264308
>>29263504

“Woah! Kiwi sounds like my kind of guy!” You say as you stifle a giggle.
“Huh…” Flickerwhiz blushes awkwardly “I-Is that so…?”

“Yep!” You continue, disregarding the current implications “And you could totally see your friends again actually, you could just send a letter… maybe with a fake name but in a way they would recognize you, and then meet them elsewhere.”
“That reminds me...” You ponder aloud “I should REALLY write a letter to my dad. When she was impersonating me, Greenbread wrote him something, but I’ve got no idea what exactly did she send, so maybe he’s even more worried right now… He raised me on his own, and now I go alone on the roads and let posers write to him more often than I do! That makes me quite the bad dughter I guess!”

“Anyway, what are you gonna do now?” You quickly add before Flickerwhiz has the time to ask about who impersonated you.
“I… Uh” He wiggles on his chair a little, and let out a heavy sigh as he comes to terms with the truth “I’ve got no idea… By now, Starfall probably realised I’m going rogue, but I doubt it’s going to be made public since he’d be embarrassed about it himself. But I’d be quite stupid to think he’d let me come back home without… eh… teaching me a lesson in some way. And I still haven’t decided what I’m going to do. Maybe start over in Hortensia? I don’t know…”
“B-but let’s stop talking about that depressive stuff!” The stallion tries to cheer up and grabs the menu “How about we order? I’m starving!”
>>
>>29280419
You decide to do the same. The menu offers a smaller variety of choice than what you expected for salads and for classical hot dishes, mostly pasta, and nothing really exciting over there. However, there’s a lot drinks and cocktails, which makes you think some people might just come and order a simple glass of wine while they watch the play. You also notice a quite long list of desserts and pastries, you can’t wait to get over with the main course!
O-or do you really need to wait?

>What do?
>>
>>29280429
Get a cupcake or a slice of chocolate cake for dessert if they have it. Get some pasta since you can't go wrong with it usually. Wine would be fine. Get the red stuff. I don't know shit about wine since I don't drink it.
>>
>>29280628
>Harmony knowing absolutely nothing about wine but getting it anyway to seem sophisticated

Perfect. Tell Flick that we're actually planning on going to Hortensia after a stop in Malba on the way.
>>
>>29280628
>>29280711
Eh, pasta will do. You can’t really go wrong with that. And you’ll also have some wine. Red. Because classy people always drank red wine in your imagination. Just like vampires, because vampires are classy.

And after that you’re going to unclassily stuff your face with chocolate cake.
“Yeah, sounds like a plan” you think as you give yourself a satisfied nod.

“I’ll be heading for Hortensia next.” You declare “I’ll follow the road and pass through Malba where I might stay a day or two.”
“Hum…” He says. “So… Is it okay if I come with you?” You see his eyes peek hopefully from behind his menu.

>What do?
>>
>>29280768
If you're ready to face danger, excitement and cold nights under the beautiful stars then sure!
>>
>>29280768
if you are willing to face the risks
>>
>>29280768
The blor- er, bard lifestyle isn't for everyone. Think you can handle it?
>>
>>29280777
>>29280802
>>29280903
You smile to yourself.
“Only if you’re ready to face the risks! The blor-” Damn, you thought you fixed that bad pronunciation “BARD!” You hastily correct yourself “…lifestyle isn’t for everyone. Think you can handle it?” You declare with a smirk.

“R-risks?” The stallion repeats, a little intimidated “Is there a lot of stagecoach attacks around here?”
“What?” It’s your time to be confused, and slightly angry at the heretic idea of NOT traveling by hoof “NO! I’m talking about the danger, excitement and cold night under the beautiful stars!”
“Oh!” Flickerwhiz perks up in realisation “Hum… Yeah, that’s probably for the better of my purse actually. Even though I always hated camping…”
He then flashes you a wide smile of pure made-up self-confidence.
“But I probably just didn’t have the right companions! Walking all around the world sounds perfect if I get to do it with you!”
You hide a chuckle from the cheesy line. But still, you’re genuinely happy Flickerwhiz agreed to travel with you.

It’s at that moment the waiter arrives to take your order. Your order pasta and a glass of red wine as you planned. The waiter answers by asking you to choose between the Chateaucliquant, the Côte-du-gros-nez, Or the Bordereau. He interprets the seven blinks and confused grin you made in response as Bordereau.
He also informs you the play is going to start very soon.

>What do?
>>
>>29280986
Thanks mr.waiter. Ask him if he likes the show that's about to come on and how long it is. Then we can just chit chatting with flicker till the show starts. We can tell him about the excitement of sitting by a fire and how peaceful it can be at night.
We should probably get him some supplies so that he can be prepared.
>>
>>29280986
Tell him when we met a dragon! Which was a few days ago.
>>
>>
>>29281010
>>29281152
You ask the waiter when exactly the play will start and how long it’ll be, to which he answer they’ll start as soon as he’s got all the orders down and that you were the last one. He also tell you he has little idea about how long the play will be, but probably not too long. He then excuses himself and walks away with your permission.
You have little time to chat with Flickerwhiz as less than a minute later, the sound of a wooden pole rhythmically hitting the planks can be heard, and the room goes silent as the start of the play becomes imminent.

The red curtains open, revealing a quite bare landscape of green trees over the blue of the sky. A bearded pony, wearing an extravagant red attire with an even more extravagantly-sized floppy hat and carrying a cornett arrives trotting from the left until he reaches the middle of the scene.

“Our story begins in the far-away kingdom of Caroteria.” The pony in red announces “The fearsome and evil Dragon King Helmut Von Bismuth has took over these once peaceful lands, and rules with a claw of iron, oppressing the poorest with taxes and making the daily kicking of puppies mandatory.”
“Since then, I, Gerald the Herald, have been searching through lands and mountains, in search of two certain someones.” The actor look around ostensibly, putting his hoof over his squinted eyes as he scans the dining area “And I believe, they are actually in this very room! If they may just raise their hoof so I could invite them to join me on this scene…”

>What do?
>>
>Wait, who am I kidding?
>There’s no serious question about what to do here!

You raise you hoof high in the air, and soon enjoin Flickerwhiz to do so, and he does. And soon, the both of you step forward under the polite applause of the rest of the public.

“Thanks for coming!” The actor whispers to you as you climb on the scene “Don’t worry, there’s no script for this one. The Princess and the Dragon has always been an improvisation play. Just do what you want and we’ll roll with it. We’re pros, so don’t be afraid to go out of the tracks, we’ll put up with anything you decide! Just speak loud and clear and face the public when you talk.”

“Ah!” Gerald exclaims for everyone to hear “At last! I have found you! Please, announce to the world your names and the glory of your titles!”

>What do?
>>
>>29281271
I am Harmony! Harmony the bard! I travel the lands, making song for all to enjoy!
>>
>>29281366
“I am Harmony! Harmony the Bard!” You claim to the world “I travel the lands, making songs for all to enjoy!”

“And I am Flickerwhiz! Flickerwhiz the Stunning!” Flickerwhiz puff his chest out “Wandering wizard of great knowledge, showing the greatness of magic to the world!”

“My dear friends!” Gerald the Herald speaks up “I am so glad to find you here, for my task is huge, and I fear my back is but too old to bear alone the weight of Caroteria! For you see, I have been tasked to find Lojess the Princess, as only she can restore the rightful rule over this land and banish the terrible and tyrannical Dragon King Helmut von Bismuth.”
“Alas, she has gone missing since the war… but surely you, who’ve been hearing the whispers of the small people along your travels could help me in my quest to find her! Tell me, where should we go now.”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
i heard we have to go past some dark woods and a swamp!
>>
Who's ready for a magical journey?
>>
>>29283372
>>
>>29282078
I AM
>>
>>29285395
up
>>
>>29281722

I don't know about that, I heard that swamp belongs to an ogre with a penchant for Smash Mouth.
>>
>>29286148
>>29282078
>>29281722
“I heard we have to go past some dark woods and a swamp.” You declare. “But I also heard the swamp belongs to an ogre who likes to be left alone so he can listen his favourite music in peace…”
“Of course!” Flcikerwhiz adds “The green ogre is also known for his knowledge of princesses and donkeys. Surely he’ll know just how to help us in out quest!”
“Great! Who’s ready for a magical journey?!” You beam and jump slightly on your hooves.

“Perfect, my boon companions!” Gerald the Herald silently applauds your decision “Then it’s settled, let’s embark on our adventure through the forest to the swamp of the ogre!”

On these words, Gerald the Herald starts to happily trot in place, and you and you unicorn friend soon happily imitate him without question. As you do so, you see the background behind you change, as the tapestry where a clear sky and only some trees where pictured slides to the left while a darker scenery with huge trees covering the sky replaces it.

All of a sudden, three ponies jump from the right side of scene.

“Shiver in fear, for I am Nitwit the Bandit!” A green little stallion with an eyepatch and scars on his face barks.
“No one gets away from me, for I am Lissand the Brigand!” A hefty mare wrapped in brown rags continues.
“Abandon all hope… and your purse, for I am Rogar the Burglar!” A moustached, middle-aged night-blue stallion with a dirty top hat concludes.

Then the three outlaw actors each brandish a wooden dagger in a menacing choreography.
“Your riches are ours! Resist, and perish!” They declare in unison.

“Oh, the agony!” Gerald the Herald dramatically exclaims “We are outmatched! How can we triumph from these scoundrels who bar the way?”

>What do?
>>
>>29286412
Tell them you're poor and don't have any money or anything worth stealing so how about you just let us be on our way?

If they don't go for that then tell them where they can get much more riches. Follow you and you'll lead them to the dragon kings vault and they can give up their life of crime.
>>
>>29286491
“Noble highwayponies, hear me out!” You tell them “We hold no coins, or anything worth for you to steal! Would you be kind enough to just let us path so we can accomplish our important mission?”

“Humf! I say you’re a liar, fair lady!” Nitwit the bandit point an accusing hoof at you “I can tell your friend’s red garment and cornet alone can sell for a healthy amount of coins!”
“No, please!” Gerald the Herald whines “It belonged to my father Harold the Herald! Please spare the only legacy he left me!”

“If it’s riches you’re after” You speak up again “Then join us instead, for we journey to banish the bad and bothersome Helmut von Bismuth, and in his safe you will find enough riches to safely give up your life of crime!”
“Ha!” Lissand the Brigand laughs ostensibly “The vault of the greedy and fiery Helmut von Bismuth? This little mare thinks we have potato mash for brains! Now, amuse me! And tell me how you even intend to steal from the dragon king’s treasure?”

>What do?
>>
>>29286632
How could he possibly defend his treasures when he's to busy defending his claim to the throne?
>>
>>29286632
Someponies distract him while other ponies loot and try to take as much as they can. Or just sneak in and take it right from under his nose.
>>
>>29286632
We will defeat him!
>>
>>29286670
>>29286676
>>29286703
“Simple, we’ll defeat him!” You proudly declare “We are questing to find Lojess the princess. So when we’ll confront him, the Dragon King won’t be able to defend his throne AND his vault!”
“HA! Empty words!” Lissand the Brigand retorts. “You nobleponies think we can’t see through your lowly ruses, how infuriating!”
“Hold on, Lissand.” Nitwit the Bandit interrupts her “Even if these idiots won’t defeat the overwhelming and scaly Dragon King, they might provide enough of a distraction for us to actually make it to the vault!”
“Hold on, Lissand.” Rogar the burglar interrupts her “Even if we’re ransoming them, we aren’t monsters! And ponies who seek to banish the annoying and obese Dragon King should not suffer our troubles!”
“You idiots!” Lissand the Brigand angrily turns to them “You’re buying in their lies! This is why I’m the boss and not you!”
And thus they continue arguing, apparently forgetting about your presence.

“Ha, perfect!” Flickerwhiz steps forth, a cocky grin on his face “Now that they are distracted, I will be able to cast my mighty paralysing magic on them! Behold!”
His horn lights up, and big oranges flashes of light erupts around the three thieves. The public whoops in surprise as your three attackers crumble on their hooves, crying in agony as they fall on their backs.

“You… You idiots!” Lissand moans, feigning the impossibility to move “This is what happens when you don’t obey me!”

>What do?
>>
>>29286836
There anything nearby we can use to tie them up? If not then tell Rogar and Nitwit that they have a terrible boss and deserve better. We'll be taking and disposing of their weapons too so they have a harder time robbing others. Now run!
>>
>>29286836
Let's continue on.
>>
>>29286836

That...was definitely a fake spell, right?
>>
>>29286868
>>29286910
>>29287035
“Rogar the Burglar, Nitwit the Bandit!” You call “Let me tell you, you gave your loyalty to the wrong pony!”
“For sure, today she only brought us broken pots.” Rogar laments.
“Indeed, this time for us it was only knots.” Nitwit adds.
“Close your mouths, you band of idiots!” Lissand retorts.
“We’ll be taking you weapons.” You announce as you collect the three wooden daggers under the laughs of the audience “That way, you’ll have a hard time going on with your malevolent deeds! And thus, since we still have much to journey for our quest, we bid you farewell.”

You start to walk again. Ropes comes from the ceiling and catch the three paralysed bandits, dragging them until they come out of the scene on the left, cursing your names, while the scenery rolls behind you.

“Hey” You mutter with anguish to Flickerwhiz “That was a fake spell, r-right?”
“Of course!” He mumbles back cheerfully “I love theatre! And you have no idea how many times more intense it can get with the right aesthetic spells!”

Reassured, you realise you are now in a swamp scenery, and through a clever system of ropes, a cardboard cottage has been brought on the scene from the right. Even if the house is fake, the door seems functional, and you also hear the low catchy humming of somepony who probably walked in along the cardboard cottage, and who currently stands behind it, out of view from the public.

“We found it!” Gerald the Herald pretends to whisper, but still speaks loud enough for everyone to hear “The den of the ogre! I heard he didn’t like foreigners coming to his home though. How shall we proceed?”

>What do?
>>
>>29287096
We start playing our harmonica in tune with his singing and befriend the orge. Then ask for his help.
>>
>>29287138
I shall sooth the ogre with my music!
>>
>>29287138
>>29287223
“That ogre is obviously a music lover.” You declare then bring out your instrument “And so am I. Therefore, I shall soothe the ogre with my music!”

And thus you start to play, doing your best to imitate the humming of the ogre. Quickly enough, you hear the ogre stop singing.

“Humf!? What is this!?” The door of the cardboard cottage flings open, revealing the heavy mare who was previously Lissand the brigand, but now standing on platform shoes with claws to accentuate her already impressive size, and bearing fake boar tusks. She also wears loincloth on her amber fur.

“Who is this rude pony who mimics my song?” The ogre accuses, with a much lower and gruffer tone than when she played a bandit, and glares daggers at you. “Sing your own tune you tune thief! This one is mine! And how did you end up in my swamp in the first place? Has your mother never taught you trespassing was an offence? Here lies the swamp of Mogre the Ogre! And no one else's! So leave at once, you impolite vagrants!”

>What do?
>>
>>29287312
Huh. That didn't go the way I expected. We'll leave but only after you help us!
>>
>>29287312
Apologize for borrowing the song. It was just so good, we couldn't resist trying to play it.
>>
>>29287339
>>29287371
“My apologies…” You bow “But your song was so nice I couldn’t resist borrowing it!”
“It’s a quite nice one, that’s for sure!” The ogre nods to herself. “It’s always been my favourite one.”
“No wonder you like humming it so much!”
“Indeed and let me tell you I…” The ogre suddenly scrunches angrily “…Wait, you’re trying to brainwash me! You’re trying to making like you against my will, right? Well too bad! Because I’ll be sure to dislike you EXTRA HARD from now on! Humf!”
On these words, she turns away from you and start to disdainfully look at the ceiling.

“We beg you Mogre the Ogre” Flickerwhiz steps in “We really need your help!”
“Yes, we won’t leave until you help us!” You add.
“Then if you won’t leave on your own, I’ll have to make you leave myself!” The ogre retorts.

Mogre the Ogre turns back to you, and lowers her head as she scratches the ground and growls angrily, imitating a boar ready to charge!

>What do?
>>
>>29287312
Oh please ogre, wouldn't you share your song with me?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>29287548

I don't remember this part of the movie
>>
Better stand in front of something hard and get ready to jump out of the way.
>>
>>29289524
>>
Good morning page 10.
>>
>>29290786
>>
>>29287548
How about a trade then? I'll give you a tune that's mine!
>>
>>29292982
>>29289831
>>29288268
Hey, what the heck? In the classical ogre stories, people just kept annoying the mean and violent ogre so much he eventually agreed to help them. That one ogre is cheating!

“Hold on a second!” You extent your hoof, begging for a little more time before trying to trick the ogre into charging a wall “How about a trade then?”

Mogre the Ogre lifts a curious eyebrow. “A trade you say?”
“Yes!” You continue “I am Harmony the Blord… *cough* *cough* I mean, Harmony the BARD! I have many tunes I can offer you in exchange for your help!”

“R-really?” Her expression start to soften.
“Of course!” You beam “It would be my pleasure to share my favourite pieces of music with you.”

“That’s…” Mogre the Ogre falls on her behind and begins to… sob?
“That’s so kind of you! *sniff* Ponies… They always come and ask something from me, but it’s the first time somepony ever wanted to give me something in return! *sniiiff* And when I say no, ponies always say mean things about me! Boohoohoo!” The Ogre cries.

>What do?
>>
>>29293533
Oh, those ponies are rude. Or maybe they didn't like the first impression the orge made telling them to leave. Give them a pat on the shoulder. Whatever the case may be there is no need to cry Mogre. Let's start playing some music.
>>
>>29293614

[Proceeds to play entirety of All Star on harmonica]
>>
Things came up, will continue tomorrow

Sorry
>>
>>29293960
Alright. See ya tomorrow.
>>
Let's play something happy while our friends try to sing with us. Are there any common knowledge songs?
>>
>>29295843
>>
Once we're out of here we're gonna make new orge stories that say you need to trade with them.
>>
This music liking orge is alright.
>>
Leaving page 10.
>>
I guess more things came up for pleeny and he won't be coming today.
>>
Do the harriers have a theme song?
>>
>>29301471
yes
>>
>>29303193
>>
Time for a bump from 10.
>>
>>29304731
>>
>>29297737
>>29294881
>>29293666
>>29293614
You gently pat the back of the ogre. She’s alright. Even if you think people where probably mean to her because of her unfriendly attitude in the first place.
But you’re still gonna write better stories to correct the ogre record someday.

“There… there, my friend.” You whisper in her ear after closing in for a hug. “Let us start with a song that will help you get rid of those tears which tickles your eyes.”
On that note, you begin to sing a well-known light-hearted song which for some reason has become tied with ogre stories. And ogre stories have actually been popular enough for Flickerwhiz, Gerald the Herald and even some of the public to sing alongside you and clapping along, all while you’re still hugging Mogre the Ogre and rocking her in rhythm with the music.

“Now that we’ve managed to break the ice, my dear Mogre the Ogre.” Flickerwhiz starts once the song is over “I do not mean to be rude, but our quest is urgent. I and my comrades came to you because we hoped you could help us find Mojess the princess, for we need her to defeat the preposterous and disastrous Helmut von Bismuth.”

“OH!” Mogre the Ogre exclaims, but then her ears flaten on her head “Oh… I’m afraid I have to deliver and uncomfortable truth, then. Indeed, it has come to my ear that Lojess the princess had been captured by the malicious and malodorous Dragon King already.”
“What!” Gerald the Herald exclaims with a panicked look on his face “I hadn’t heard this! What happened to my… ahem… to the princess?”
“The tyrant turned her into stone and uses her to adorn his private garden, to mock her failure to stop him for all eternity. That’s what I heard.”

>What do?
>>
>>29306426
Does any pony happen to know how to break petrification curses?
>>
>>29306426
We must steal her from the dragon's garden.
>>
>>29306459
>>29306555
“Then we must steal her back!” You declare “Does anypony happen to know how to break petrification curses?”

“I’m afraid I don’t.” Gerarld shakes his head sadly “The Grand Wizard probably suffered a similar fate than the princess…”
“Then maybe...” Flickerwhiz ponders “I do not know such magic myself, but if I could access the royal library or the Grand Wizard’s study, maybe I could find the adequate ritual from a tome of power!”
“So the princess in the garden, and the library to remove the petrification curse?” Gerald says “It seems our hoofsteps will bring us to Royal city, the capital of Caroteria. Right in the Royal Castle where the nefarious and freeloading Dragon King made his home… We must devise a plan to get inside the castle without being stopped by the guards. But how could we perform such a feat…”

>What do?
>>
>>29306630
Are there sewers we can traverse in? Perhaps be put in a crate on a carriage and be smuggled in? Sneak in wearing cloaks. Starting a small distraction fire. Taking out a guard and then wear their uniform.
I like the distraction fire personally though there might not be anything around that's safe to burn and we wouldn't want it going out of control.
>>
>>29306704
“There’s sewers which could get us to the castle, right?” You ask, and as you get a nod from Gerald “Then here one thing. Another plan, would be to pass through the guards with a disguise. Inside crates from a merchant, or by stealing guards outfit directly.”
“We would also need a distraction, then” You ponder “Maybe lighting a fire will do?”

“Hold on, my friend” Gerald the Herald cut you “I agree that a distraction could greatly aid us, but I’d prefer not risk burning the home of the citizens we’re trying to save from the rule of the destructive and cumbersome Dragon King. So aside form a fire…”
“You have an ogre!” Mogre the Ogre steps forth. “If we go on with that plan, I could provide with distraction! They probably don’t have my size in crate or guard outfit anyway…”

So going through the sewers would allow Mogre to stay with you until the end, but you’ve got no idea what’s gonna happen in there while going throught he guards will leave her behind…

>What do?
>>
>>29306901
We'll go through the sewers because I want to give orges a popularity boost that one helped save the kingdom. I just hope we don't get lost down there. We'll also need boots to avoid stepping in anything disgusting.
>>
>>29306943
>We'll also need boots to avoid stepping in anything disgusting.
Take it easy, it's just a play.
>>
>>29307073
A story is better because of tiny details anon.
>>
>>29306943
>>29307073
>>29307113
“Then through the sewers it’ll be!” You decide “I want Caroteria to know an ogre saved the country!”
“Oh, uhm…” Mogre the Ogre kicks the floor uneasily “I hope that won’t make more unfriendly ponies come to my swamp…”

“Don’t worry, my friend.” You reply to her concerns “Nopony’s unfriendly when you’re a herogre! Now, let’s not waste any more time… Except maybe to find a map, and some boots to avoid the filthiest of the sewers! Onwards!”

You heroically brandish your hoof in front of you and hold the pose as you notice the curtains closing in front of you.
“And now” You hear a voice coming from the dining area “A small intermission for everyone’s comfort.”

“Alright, lads! We’re taking a break.” Gerald says as he takes away his headgear and wipes the sweat of his forehead “We’ll start again right in the sewers. Also, the name’s Pear Share outside the scene.”
“Child’s Play here.” The hefty mare introduces herself while she takes a rest from her platform shoes “Good job so far by the way! And don’t be afraid to ask if you’ve got questions or suggestions for what’s next!”

>What do?
>>
see you tomorrow
>>
>>29308241
>>
>>29307253
night
>>
when we come out of the sewers should we end up in a dungeon or basement?
>>
m8
>>
How many actors you got hiding back there?
>>
Got people over

Lasted much longer than expected, sorry
>>
>>29312956
It's fine.
>>
>>29313347
>>
Alright, have a good night bump
>>
Morning bump
>>
So how much longer should the play be? We find the petrification spell and then confront the dragon?
>>
>>29318861
>>29310376
>>29311745
“Where will we arrive from the sewers?” You ask “The dungeons, or some basement?”
“I don’t think it matters.” Pear Shake answers as he goes backstage, and invites you to follow him “There’s little use showing moment where we won’t talk in a play. From the sewers, we’ll directly get to wherever you decide to go. Unless you think we might find something interesting to show the public in the dungeons.”

You arrive behind the scenery to find the rest of the actors, and quite a couple you hadn’t met yet. They cheerfully greet you and invite you to sit with them in the middle of their accessories, costumes, tapestries of various sceneries, loose ropes and cardboard replicas for a break.

“So how many actors is there?” You ask Child’s play at some point “Is everyone here, or is there some others hiding around?”
“Here? We’re nine counting the two of us right now” Child’s play declares as she give you and Flickerwhiz some water “But there’s also our friends who take care of the tables which are also actors. We take turns on the scene each day. Also, if you want some makeup of accessories, it’s now or never!” She points at one of the other theatre ponies, which Child’s play explains is in charge of this kind of things.
“Thanks! I’ll think about it!” You answer with a genuine smile, before turning to Pear Shake again “So, how much longer should the play be? We find the petrification spell and the n we confront the dragon?”

“Hum, probably.” Pear Shake nods “Dragging this kind of action would quickly bore the audience out. But let’s make sure to have some drama going on, so don’t leave things out just to end it earlier!”

>What do?
>>
>>29319368
How about a pony walks into the library while we're looking for the spell or there being a few guards around the statue of the princess? Or is that a given? Maybe have the dragon show up to gloat just as we're about to try to take off the petrification. Any of these good?
>>
>>29319409
“So what’s happening next?” You ask excitedly “How about a pony surprises us while we’re in the library, searching for the spell? Or guards when we go for the princess in the garden? Or the Dragon King coming to gloat at our foalishness altogether! Are these any good?”

“Haha!” Pear Shake chuckles “Of course they’re good, but even if you’re behind the scenes right now, you’re still part of the people we hope to entertain and amaze. I’m flattered you’d like to invest yourself in the play, but what makes improvisation great in my eyes is the spontaneity of it. So let’s keep a few secrets from each other, shall we?” He winks.
“And remember” Child’s Play adds “If you want, let’s say, for a pony to arrive while we’re in the library, just make it so. Tell the public you hear somepony coming and we’ll make it real! Got it?”

>What do?
>>
>>29319546
Gotcha! Before heading out tell Whiz that he's pretty talented actor.
>>
Time to walk around some dark and smelly sewers.
>>
>>29319569
>>29319845
“Gotcha!” you nod, and start chitchatting with the rest of the actors.
Soon enough, break time is over and Pear Shake and Child’s Play put on their respective costumes while you put on boots for continuity with you remark from the first act. Quickly enough, you’re all ready to get back on saving that princess.

“Hey, you’ve got talent as an actor Whiz!” You whisper in the stallion’s ear, just before the curtains open.
The unicorn doesn’t responda word, but he blushes slightly as he looks to the ground with a repressed smile. Too late for an answer, it’s time to walk around sewers.

“I expected sewers to be dark and dirty…” You cringe while you, Flickerwhiz, Gerald the Herald and Mogre the Ogre enter the scene from the left, mimicking the difficulty of walking in knee-high water. “But this is even worse than what I imagined!”
“The dark influence of the putrid and unclean Helmut von Bismuth even seeped down here, it seems…” Gerald declare “Hopefully, we won’t run in trouble and quickly enough we’ll-”
“WHAT IS THIS!” A creaky voice comes from the other end of the scene.

Held up by strings from the ceiling, the form of a massive fabric snake comes forth, the voice of the pony inside amplified to sound more menacing, probably with a cornet.
You all gasp in surprise and fear at the arrival of an obvious antagonist.

“What is this?” The ophidian creature shrieks, while its head shakes threateningly “What is this… What is this… WHAT. IS. THIS!? PONIES? In the sewers the marvellous and benevolent Dragon King asked ME, Lindorm the Mud Worm to guard? This won’t do! This won’t do… This won’t do… THIS. WON’T. DO!”

>What do?
>>
see you tomorrow
>>
This might be a problem.
We can attempt to lie and say that the dragon king said we were allowed down here.
>>
How are you supposed to deal with worms!
>>
Bmup.
>>
Terror intensifies.
>>
File: full.gif (1MB, 932x517px)
full.gif
1MB, 932x517px
>>29321278
The answer is clear.
>>
mump?
>>
>>29323931
>>29321278
>>29320610
Crap! You should have taken your emergency muffin with you! Damn giant sewer snakes, you never know when one will pop up to ruin your day…

“C-calm down, dear Lindorm” You attempt to talk your way out of this. “The… ahem… okayish and maybe-not-so-bad-after-all Helmut from Bismuth allowed us in these sewers. Didn’t he inform you of our visit?”

“WELL. Well. Well…” The fabric snakes shakes its fabric body “No, he didn’t actually. The last time our Dragon King talked to me, he ordered me to guard the sewer, so no.” Lindorm marks a pause at the end of his saddened sentence.
“THAT PROBABLY MEANS HE TRUST MY JUDGEMENT ABOUT YOU THEN! HAHA!” The giant snake busts in renewed confidence “The wonderful and caring Dragon King must really think highly of me, for he trusts me to execute his will even without his words! Now, I’ll be decide whether or not you ought to be in this sewer. Let’s see…” Lindorm ponders for a few seconds, then perk up “Oh! I got it! If you were sent by the rightful and wise Dragon King, you should be able to easily answer this question!”
“When… When. WHEN!... is my birthday?”

>What do?
>>
>>29325519
Before we answer that, do you know what day it is?
>>
>>29325519
Hmmm... maybe we can charm the snake?
>>
>>29325626
>Lindorm the Mud Worm
Wrong species.
>>
>>29325566
I was referring to today's date, not his birthday.
>>
>>29325566
>>29325626
>>29325647
>>29325656
Charming the snake with your instrument might be an option here since snakes and worms are both noddlemorphs, you from remember your biology classes. But before…

“W-with all due respect and b-before I answer” You start shakily “May I ask you if you… ahem… know for sure the date of today? You’ve spent an awfully long ti-“
“YES!” The snake roars “Yes! Yes… Of course I know which day we are! We are the first day of summer, my birthday! How could I forget?”
“Now, answer!” LIndorm glares at you with his button eyes, dead serious “When… When? WHEN!? Is my birthday...?”

>What do?
>>
>>29325700
Is it the first day of summer?
>>
>>29325700
Why, today of course! Why else would he send a bard to you if not to reward your steadfast service?
>>
>>29325734
>>29325745
“Why, I believe it’s today, the first day of summer! Am I right?” You answer with confidence. “Why else would he send a bard to you if not to reward your steadfast service?”

“Yes. Yes! YES!” Lindorm the Mud Worm booms in happiness “I knew the intelligent and fair Dragon King would know how to recognize my loyalty! A bard you say? What a great idea! To think to think he would go so far as to find a personalised present for me… I entrust you with this confidence, but I could cry right now, little ponies… Don’t tell anyone…”
“But enough babbling!” Lindorm says “Let’s sing. Let’s Dance. LET’S SING AND DANCE!”
“Right on it!” You answer, brandishing your instrument like a mighty beast-slaying sword.

For the occasion, you produce the common happy birthday song to Lindorm the Mud Worm, albeit the most rhythmic and engaging version! Your companions, and eventually the public too start to sing along with a few giggles. The song is concluded under a round of applause for the giant snake which blushes sheepishly, as he blows the magic candles Flickerwhiz materialised for him. How they made some fabric puppet blush, this is something you’re going to ask them later by the way.

“Oh my. Oh my! OH MY!” Lindorm exults “What a refreshing performance! I feel like I could stay guarding these sewers for a thousand more years!” He turns to you “Will you excellent folks be staying with me?”

>What do?
>>
>>29325900
I'm afraid we can't. There is a shedule we must follow you see. Now it is time for us to go into the castle. Hope you enjoyed your present. Bye!
>>
>>29325948
“I’m afraid we can’t.” You shake your head “There’s a schedule we must follow you see. Now it’s time for us to get into the castle.”

“Is this true? Could it be true…” The snake perks up “If that’s true, let me show you the way! I’ll leave you right before getting in the castle and NOT beyond. I couldn’t watch myself in the mirror if I left my assignment like that. Now follow me!”
“Thanks!” You answer! “I Hope you enjoyed your present!”

And thus, the huge puppet leaves the scene from the left, the four of you in tow. A quick run behind the scene later, you group enter again from the right, without the snake this time.

“We made it!” Gerald the Herald whispers loudly “We’re inside the castle! In the cellar I think. But where should we head to now?”

>What do?
>>
>>29326299
We don't know the layout of the place but I guess we'll try to find the library first and then the garden.
>>
>>29326322
This.
>>
>>29326322
>>29326545
“Let’s get to the library then!” You offer, and the four of your go for a little run behind the scenes again. While you do so, a bookcase containing a couple of tomes is brought on the scene.

“Here we are!” Gerald tells the audience “The library… We’re lucky there no one around.”
“I’ll start searching for the spell right away!” Flickerwhiz says as he heads for the book case.

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
One of us should keep a look out then. Maybe the other can help search for the book.
>>
>>29326609
To inject some drama while the other two are on watch, approach Whiz while he's "looking through the books" and in a a dramatic fashion tell him that in case that we should fail and King Bismuth kill us that... that we love him. We have deeply loved him for a long time.

All a part of the act of course.
>>
>>29327619

If we put on too good of a show we're going to put these guys out of business.
>>
>>29328691
>>
Looks like you need a bump from 10.
>>
If they need help reaching a high shelf we'll be their mare for the job!
>>
>>29331513
An important job!
>>
Looks like it ain't happening.
>>
Have a good night.
>>
boop
>>
We've got important bard business matters to attend!
>>
>>29337369
top bard
>>
>>29331513
>>29328034
>>29327619
>>29326870
“Mogre, Gerald, keep an eye out for troubles!” You ask the pony and the ogre “I’ll stay here and help Flickerwhiz if he needs to catch book on the higher shelves.”
That’s something the unicorn could probably do with telepathy, but the two actors nod and each walk to an end of the scene nonetheless. And now that the way is clear... They wanted drama? You’re gonna give them drama!

“Oh, Flickerwhiz, there’s something I wanted to tell you” You start, posing dramatically with your arm above your forehead “Something… I NEED to get out of my chest!”
Your heart start to beat faster. Did somepony just turn the heat up?
“Should we fail… Should we not make it against the Dragon King…”
Crap, you forgot to add two adjective before talking about the dragon king! Why does your brain feel all foggy all of a sudden?
“I wanted to say I…”
Your throat clutches. D-dang… This isn’t like you…
*cough* *cough* “F-Flickerwhiz” You start again, your voice turning to a series of increasingly higher pitcher squeaks “For a long time I’ve been… You… I’ve been…”
But your words just don’t make it out of your mouth, and you find yourself silently grinning and staring awkwardly at the unicorn who answers with a concerned look.
“Harmony, are you alright my companion?” He obliviously asks.

Come on! You urge yourself. Pull yourself together, Harmony! You’ve never been afraid of crowds, and it’s not like what you’re going to say in front of fifty ponies or so holds any sort of deep meaning! It’s just a play!
R-right?

“Harmony?” Flickerwhiz attempts to pull you out of your daze again “Is something wrong?”

>Wh-what do?
>>
>>29339249
Yes Harmony, exactly. We're simply putting on a good show. We're not committing to Flickerwhiz, we're just having a bit of fun with the play. Now go ham it up, you goofy little pegasus!
>>
>>29339249
Quick change the subject! Ask him to take care of your pet if you don't make it.
>>
>>29339299
>>29339306
You deeply breathe in and out.

Alright.

You got it.

“Flickerwhiz…” You start anew, but with a voice as steady as the flow of a summer river this time “We’ve been journeying together for so long, and now that our quest may come to an abrupt end, my heart aches to shout the truth inside.”
“Flickerwhiz!” You take one of the stallion’s hoof in yours, triggering an intense flush on the flabbergasted unicorn’s face. “I… *wimper*
C’mon, Harmony! You cheer on yourself in your head. You can do it! For the show!

“I love you Flickerwhiz!” You finally let out, finally breaking a dam releasing a massive euphoria in your head “Since we’ve started traveling together, I’ve always loved you! And after so long, I finally decided to let my heart speaks. And I’ve decided … You’re my only one, Flickerwhiz! I love you!”

The stallion looks positively petrified, and his whole head is currently redder than you.
“Harmony, I…” He only manages to mutter as you hold his hoof.

But then, all of a sudden, he squint and seems to get a hold on himself, the decided look of someone who just decided he was going to be the hero he always dreamed to be take over his face.
“Harmony…” He declares in some sort of trance “I see it now, I love you too! And before we face the greatest trials, we shall show the world a proof of our love.”

And then he closes his eyes, and his face start to get closer from yours and… HOLY BOOPING BRAHMA! HE WANT TO KISS YOU RIGHT HERE AND NOW IN FRONT OF EVERYONE!
YOU’RE NOT PREPARED! A CUTE AND PURE MAIDEN LIKE YOU SHOULD HAVE HER WORD BEFORE BEING CATAPULTED IN THE WORLD OF ADULTHOOD!

AND HIS MOUTH IS STILL COMING CLOSER! THIS GONNA HAPPEN IF YOU DON’T DO A THING!

>WHAT DO!?
>>
>>29339619
Well fuck that anon that put us here.
Just put your hoof on his face and say after we're married. It will motivate him to also survive this dragon encounter.
>>
>>29339619
Oh shit oh fuck this is happening. This is the line! 2real4us.

I got it. Take Whiz so that his back is turned to the crowd, somewhat concealing/obscuring us so that it appears that he is kissing us, the whisper asking him WHAT THE HECK HE IS DOING. IT'S OUR FIRST DATE. Completely missing that we were asking for it, what making a romance between our two "characters" and whatnot.
>>
>>29339749
That is a better idea than mine.

>Well fuck that anon that put us here.
C'mon, don't act like it isn't funny. I'm having a blast.
>>
>>29339749
>>29339784
>>29339807
That’s it. DRAMA OVERLOAD PAST THIS POINT!

Your hoof fly faster than Cabbage pouncing on a meatball to cover the mouth of the arduous unicorn, stopping him in motion. In the same movement, you also place yourself in front of the audience to give him a few words about the due respect to your maidenhood.
“What are you doing you… You silly!” You whisper as you cringe so hard your teeth could break. “We’re playing characters! And this is only our first date!”

Despite having stopped, Flickerwhiz seems completely dumbstruck. So you’re going to have to take care of things from now on.
“N-no my love!” You make you best to sound intelligible despite the emotional storm going on inside you. “L-Let’s make a promise. The promise that our love will be able to bloom in a better world! Let’s keep its expression for when the mischievous and unlikable Dragon King will be defeated!”

In his state of shock, Flcikerwhiz only manages to produce a weak nod. But luckily, something else comes to pick up everyone’s attention.

“BWAHAHAHA!” A threatening voice comes booms from backstage. “WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE? PONIES THAT WANT TO PLAY HERO I THINK! GUARDS! CATCH THESE LITTLE RATS WHO WANDER IN MY CASTLE!”
“Curses!” Gearld barks “The unexpected and sneaky Dragon King! He found us!”
“How?” Mogre continues “I didn’t hear anything… until now!”

And indeed, the clinking noise of ponies running in armour can be heard from behind the scenery.

>What do?
>>
>>29339963
Get tables and barricade the entrances. Call the dragon king a poopy head. We must escape with the book.
>>
>>29339991
Then jump out the window to escape to the garden!
>>
>>29339991
>>29340074
“Quick! Let’s barricade!” You trot hastily to the center of the scene “Flickerwhiz, do you have the right book?"
The stallion nods in responds, so you flip down the bookshelf, sending books everywhere on the ground.
“Now, through the window!” You say as you point to the right end of the scene “We can go to the garden from here!”

Flickerwhiz trots forth and jumps out of the scene. Then Gerald follows. And then…

“Hurry up, Mogre!” You enjoin her to follow “There isn’t much time!”
“No.” The ogre states.
“What? But the guards are coming! You… There’re gonna…”
“I’ve got hold them here! You guys will need time to un-petrify the princess. Don’t worry about me, I’ll do fine!” The ogre gives you a cheeky smile “Now go!”

>What do?
>>
>>29340145
Run at the first sign of danger. Quickly reach the princess.
>>
>>29340145
Good luck, Mogre
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
Climb a bookcase and give em an elbow drop for me!
>>
Have a good night.
>>
>>29340308
>>29341645
night
>>
>>29340814
bah gawd
>>
Let's hope she buys us enough time.
>>
Afternoon bump
>>
You can do it Mogre
>>
Looks like pleen is dead again.
>>
>>29346022
>>29340152
>>29340184
“Sure, but make sure to give them an elbow drop for me!” You give her a goodbye grin “You can do it Mogre!”
“Trust me!” The mare in costume responds “I’m gonna show them playtime is ogre! Now get through that window!”

You nod one last time, and jump out of the scene.
Flickerwhiz and Pear Shake wait you there. The professional actor tell you there’s going to be some time without you on the scene. Indeed, you see Mogre still in the spotlight and facing several guards in armour and a big costume with probably more than one pony inside playing the role of the Dragon King.
And while Helmut from Bismuth comment on her foolishness, Mogre shout an inspiring monologue about how the time she didn’t want anything to do with history was over, and that she was ready to bet everything she had to uphold her beliefs.

“That’s probably going to be the final act after that.” Pear Shake comments. “Do you want to prepare something in particular? Accessories? Have some fake blood ready maybe?”

>What do?
>>
>>29346887
Yeah, some fake blood and bandages would be good.
>>
>>29346887
Yes, fake blood.
>>
>>29346959
>>29347013
“Yes, some fake blood will be nice. And also bandages if you have some.” You ask, and Pear Shake nods in response. Flickerwhiz also mutters in his ear for something too.

As you walk behind the scenery, since you’ll be entering the scene from the right, Pear Shake gives you some sort of small and thin water balloon containing a deep red liquid as well as the bandages. You tuck each of these items under each of your wings and under the dress. They’re out of view, but you can get them out reasonably discretely or just pop the fake blood just with your wing.

As the scene where Mogre the Ogre gets heroically captured after having shelves block the window you escaped from ends, the actors get out of the scene, and make way for you.

“By magic!” Flcikerwhiz declares as he enters the scene first “My companions, I think I found her!” He points at the mare who entered the scene from the right before you and stands immobile in an expression of despair.
“Then unfreeze her at once!” You urge him as you appear with Gerald the Herald in front of the public.

The unicorn nods and get to the side of the petrified mare. After reading from his book and spilling a couple of colourful powders on the statue, he eventually gasps in shock.

“Oh, no…” He shakes in fear “I’m missing something…”
“Curses!” You respond “What is it? Maybe we still have time!”
“To complete this ritual, I need…” He gulps audibly “A dragon scale!”

You don’t have time to respond before another voice breaks the silence.
“BWAHAHA!” The dragon king exults as his huge form appears on the scene. “FOOLISH PONIES! YOU THOUHT YOU HAD A CHANCE BECAUSE YOU GOT PAST THAT FOOLISH LACKAY OF MINE WHOSE BIRTHDAY DATE I DON’T EVEN REMEMBER!?”
“NOW… THE ONLY QUESTION LEFT IS… HOW SHALL I DESTROY YOU…?”

“Damnation!” Gerald the Herald exclaims in despair “Is this the end of the line for us?”

>What do?
>>
>>29347360
I can think of no conceivable way out of this. Not like we can just pluck a dragon scale off him.
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>29347360
"Nay! It cannot be the end, not like this!"

>>29347407
All I can think is to try and fight him and maybe knock off a scale.
>>
>>29347535
We can end with trust.
>>
>>29348536
>>
How rude.
>>
Here's a bump from page 10.
>>
>>29347535
>>29349349
>>29347407
Huh… No idea comes to your mind. You’re gonna pass on that one.

“Nay! It cannot be the end!” You wail in despair “Not like this!”
“BWAHAHA! YES!” The dragon king exults. “SCREAM MORE YOU PONIES!”

“HA!” Flickerwhiz grabs the petrified mare “I can’t wait to see your face when you’ll discover the prank we played on you!”
“HUH!?” The Dragon King cocks an eyebrow “WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU INSIGNIFICANT INTRUDER?”
“Well, the key to your vault of course!” The unicorn boasts “That’s what happen when you don’t have pockets. Your valuable are left for everyone to take, and ponies hanging around can just hide it in a place you’ll take FOREVER to find!”

“LIES!” The behemoth roars “DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK I’LL SPARE YOUR LIFE BECAUSE OF SUCH EMPTY WORDS?”
“Empty words, empty words…” Flickerwhiz snickers “Still, you should probably go check, don’t you think?”
“GRRRR!” The Dragon king growl with barely contained rage “SO BE IT. IF YOU INSIST, I WILL DARG YOU ON THE GROUND ON THE WAY TO MY ROOM BEFORE ROASTING YOU ALL. I HOPE YOU’LL APPECIATE THIS EXTENSION OF YOUR TORMENT YOU WORKED SO HARD FOR!”

The Dragon King advances and raises his claw to catch the unicorn which is still holding the statuyfied mare.
“By my horn!” Flickerwhiz exclaims shakily “I think I see a bunch of dragon scales coming right at me! Now is the time not to fumble my spell!”

A bright flash of light erupts from your friend’s horn just when he connects with the dragon, causing the public to whoops in surprise. You think he might be overdoing it since even you have to cover your eyes.

And for a few seconds, there’s silence.
“What?” You hear the voice of Lojess the Princess who sounds genuinely dazed “Wh-where am I?”
>>
>>29353194
You manage to look around a little. Everyone on the scene including the dragon look still quite disoriented. The flash must have actually really messed up with the two ponies standing on each other’s shoulder inside the costume.

>What do?
>>
>>29353206
You have been released from the dragon's curse! Help us in defeating him.
>>
>>29353206
Is Flickerwhiz ok?
>>
>>29353312
>>29353447
After checking that Flickerwhiz is okay, even if a little confused, you turn to Lojess.
“Princess!” You get to her “You have been released from the dragon’s curse! Help us in defeating him!”

“H-holy goodness it’s true! I am flesh again!” Her face lights up in joy for an instant, but then she gets serious again “Quick! Gerald?” She turns to the pony in red “Did you manage to retrieve the royal wand?”

“Yes princess!” And from inside his hat, he takes some violet magical-looking wand and hand it to the princess.
“Thanks, Gerald. And now, YOU” She furiously turn to the dragon king, who still struggles to regain his composure. “Fearsome and Evil Dragon King Helmut von Bismuth! It’s time for your long-overdue defeat!”
“NO! THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE!” He roars.
“By the power of the royal family of Caroteria!” She bradishes the wand toward the dragon “I banish you back to the darkness you came from!”
“NOOOOOOO!” The dragon cries as small flashes and smokes come out of the costumes, until you loses sight of him completely. And when the smokes dissipates, there’s not trace left of him.

>What do?
>>
>>29353518
Give a "woo hoo we're alive!"
>>
>>29353518
Victory dance! Hug Flicker.
>>
>>29353559
>>29353709
“Woo Wee! We’re alive!” You dance on you hooves, and then jump on Flickerwhiz to hug him.
“And it’s all thanks to you!” Lojess the princess approaches, a broad smile on her face “I can see it your eyes, the trials, the dangers you faced. We could never have defeated the now irelevent and banished Dragon King, brave heroes. In the name of Caroteria, you have my gratitude.”
She turns to face the public completely. “As now, Caroteria is once again promised to a bright future!”

And on these words, the curtains close on you.
Some time later, and after wishing good luck to the actors, you return to your table where your meal already awaits out. You’re kinda hungry after all this adventuring…
“Huh!” Flickerwhiz comments as you both sit at your table. “I didn’t expect that! I mean, that whole participating in the play thing. I hope it wasn’t too bad…”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
gonna try to start WAY earlier and quest all day instead of only what's evening for me.
>>
>>29354045
That was awesome! You sure know how to pick a place to eat!
>>
I was a little lost at times but it was fun. I'm just glad some of the ideas I threw out worked.
>>
Well have a good night page 10
>>
>>29354053
aw sweet
>>
>>29355454
good night
>>
>>29354180
“That was awesome!” You rustle your wings, and realise you forgot to hand over the fake blood and bandages. Eh… Maybe you can keep them as a memory? They seemed like they had plenty “You sure know how to pick a place to eat!”

“I’m glad” The unicorn answers, but then his smile is replaced by an uneasy expression as he continues “And… Uh… I just wanted to say I’m sorry. You know, about that… Uh… trying to kiss you thing…”
“Eh… It’s alright” You answer “Don’t sweat it Flicky!”
“Thanks. I don’t know what got into me. When you said you… ahem… after all you said at that moment… I… thought it was a good idea.”
Bad Flicky. I said no sweat it! You think to yourself.

“But all you said was only just for the play, wasn’t it?” He concludes, looking depressively at his plate.

>What do?
>>
>>29357723
Yep. But who knows what the future holds.
>>
>>29358031
“Yep! Only for the play.” You answer “But who know what the future holds?”
“Oh…” Flickerwhiz sulks “So right now, we’re… just friends, right?”

>What do?
>>
>>29358163
Don't sell yourself short, it's not like I'm not interested in you. But I guess since I can't think of or know any other words then "friends" it will have to do. But it's a little more then that.
>>
>>29358163
Yup. I'm sorry about what I said up there. I just wanted to make the play more dramatic. I can't really blame you for what you did. But hey, there's nothing wrong with being friends is there? I say it's a win if I can turn a pony who kidnapped my friend into a friend too.

Let's eat. Maybe tell him about our first crush.
>>
>>29358335
>>29358398
“Yup.” You nod “And I’m sorry too for what I said back there. I just wanted to make the play more dramatic. ‘Can’t blame you for what you did, actually!”
“Huh…” The stallion sighs with a slight nod.
“Hey! There’s nothing wrong with being friends is there? I say it's a win if I can turn a pony who kidnapped my friend into a friend too!”

The stallion raises his eyes to look into yours. He’s got an indecipherable expression on his face.
“So… Do you ask all your friends on a date?” He asks in a monochord voice.
“No!” You retort “Flickerwhiz… Don’t start selling yourself short. Of course we’re more than friends! But…” You blush “I don’t really know the right word for what we are to tell the truth. It’s not like I’m an expert in love… Here, the last time I had feelings for somepony I ran out of town upon confessing!”

“Humph…” He chuckles very slightly, but overall keeps displaying little emotion and start taking a mouthful from his plate in silence. So you end up doing the same.

“Harmony?” Flickerwhiz softly calls a few bites later.
“Yes?”
“Can I call you my marefriend?” He asks.

>What do?
>>
>>29358757
That's a big step. How about... I answer that at the end of the date? We'll see you call me your marefriend and if I call you my coltfriend. Deal?

C'mon, help me out guys. I personally don't want Harmony to end up with this guy. I do however think it would lead to an interesting result of the first time in a cyoa where the MC would have to tell another character that they're just not romantically interested and as a result Harmony would grow from the experience.
>>
>>29358757
oh boy, he went for all out offense. Sure. I'm happy that he wants to commit to us so much though. Might as well go for it. I'll be counting on your flicker. My life can get wild!
>>
>>29358880
>>29358920
Ya'know what? Sure. Why the heck not?
>>
>>29358880
>>29358920
>>29358998
A-an all-out offense! So he plans to force your hoof into going forward at the risk of losing it all? H-how bold! But that does put you in a tight spot. And you doubt he’ll take some half-rumped answer... You’ve got to choose!

“Well, sure!” You answer after a few seconds of internal deliberation. “And I’m happy you’re ready to commit yourself to me Flickerwhiz!”
The unicorn in front of you releases a deep sigh of relief. And for the first time in a while he shows you a bright smile.
“I’m glad.” He simply says.
“But watch out!” You add with a wink “That means I’ll be counting on you. And my life can get pretty wild!”

“Nothing would make me happier.” He answers, still with a blissful smile and starring right in your eyes “You know, Harmony, I really like you… No. I mean, I love you Harmony. For real.”
You feel a shiver run through all your body.
“I think I came on terms with it when you gave me that confession on the scene.” He continues his enamoured confession “I know you said it was only an act, but the thing is, at that moment… everything you said just sounded so right to me. Now I know. That’s what I want you to tell me someday. For real. So I’m gonna work for it the best I can. That’s why… I can’t wait to travel with you Harmony.”
“Because I love you.”

>What do?
>>
>>29359119
Start regretting you didn't buy the hat because you really want to cover your face right now. Quick, grab the table cloth and put it up in front of you until you calm down. Take deep breathes.
>>
>>29359119
Damn. I'm not sure Harmony could give much of an articulate answer after that.

This dude is for real for real.
>>
>>29359165
>>29359398
If only you had a hat, you could cover your cheeks which must be redder than an entire field of tomato. The tablecloth will do right now. And you hope Flickerwhiz didn’t expect an immediate articulate response from you since your chords just went on strike from too much drama during working hours.

The unicorn in front of you bursts in a delighted laugh at your reaction.

“It’s alright!” Flickerwhiz declares once he’s done chuckling “I think I understand how you feel. Just a little maybe. So I’m gonna keep trying to get you to view me as a proper Coltfriend. And I realise it’s not gonna happen overnight. Just tell me if I get a little too clingy at times, okay? For now, just making that impression on you is enough for me.”
And thus he resumes eating his plate still with a dreamy smile of his face.

>What do?
>>
>>29359545
Eat your spaghetti harmony. Looks like we have something else to add to the letter to our father.
Try not to spill anyway After we're done eating we can head home.
>>
>>29359608
We still need to pull our magic flask water trick on him before we get back.
>>
>>29359608
>>29359720
It’s time to eat your spaghetti. But let’s face it, they’re already spilled everywhere. At least Flickerwhiz is merciful enough to let you digest in silence everything he just told you. Even the desert you were excited about end up being just a fleeting distraction form the emotional crockpot your head has been turned to.
You should REALLY write to papa… Or write down anything to sort out things a little.

As the dinner draws close to an end with nothing more than some polite small talk with Flickerwhiz, you realise you still haven’t used the magic flask you prepared for the date. You had quite the number of thrills already tonight. Would it even make sense to use it now?

>What do?
>>
>>29359782
I think it can be saved for later. I think there's a good mood going on right now. Plus our heart could use a rest. We also don't know any other romantic places or clearings.
>>
>>29359782

>>29359824 I agree. Let's just enjoy the rest of the date and have him walk us home.
>>
>>29359824
>>29359856
Nah, no use just trying to force that potion if the time don’t call for it.

“Shall I accompany you back home?” Flickerwhiz asks a little after you’ve eaten the last bite of your dessert. You nod in response. And after paying the bill, Flickerwhiz and you end up walking through the streets of Daedalus once more. Once again, holding hooves. You make sure to avoid the main arteries of the capital, as the post-Superbrawl celebrations sound like they’re going strong, and the mood you created doesn’t really fit with that.

Funnily enough, the role seems to have been reversed from the first trip. Now it’s your turn to be quite feeble and nervous while Flickerwhiz walks with the confidence of the one who opened his heart and showed its contents to the world.

“Here we are!” You gasp slightly in surprise at the unicorn’s voice. In your reverie, you hadn’t noticed the manor was already in front of you. “We’re leaving Daedalus tomorrow, right? Can I come around ten?”
“Hum…” You nod “I’m not when exactly we’ll leave, but it won’t be any time before ten.”
“Then I’ll be there. I hope you’ll accept my next invitation Harmony. Tonight really changed my world. Thanks to you.”
And before you can react, the young stallion places a soft goodbye kiss on your hoof he's been holding.

>What do?
>>
>>29360015
What a gentlecolt. Wish him a good night and tell him that you had a nice evening. See ya tomorrow. Go into the manor!
>>
>>29360015
Pretty much this >>29360030.

Excitedly run inside to tell Sweetheart and Heartshape all about it like the excited little filly we are.
>>
>>29360030
>>29360078
“What a gentlecolt!” You tell him with a flush “See you tomorrow, Flickerwhiz!”
“See you tomorrow, Harmony!” The unicorn answers before walking away toward the city. You wave him goodbye until he disappears from your view.

Finally alone, you can’t refrain a squee from the evening you just had. You feel so excited you could run a marathon right now. But now, you have to find Sweetheart and Heartshape as soon as possible. You NEED to vent out about this evening’s events.
While you find them in the room with Winter Seed, the monk is quickly asked to leave as even his probable vow of chastity doesn’t give his a pass for the incoming marez only conversation. It appears Gust and Gramps are still out celebrating.

Ecstatic, you tell Sweetheart and Heartshape the tale of this evening’s highly-emotional adventure. Which often triggers a curious fascination from the small indigo mare and the snickering and mockery of the changeling.
“Holy smokes!” Sweetheart exclaims once you’re done narrating them your date “That went in a way more interesting direction that what I expected! And I’ve got to say. Good job setting him up, Harmony!” She gives your back a friendly pat “I didn’t expect you to have made a stallion out of that grub already!”
“Eh… It’s nothing.” You fiddle with you hooves “It was all just thanks to a misunderstanding actually…”
“No, really!” Sweetheart insists “If you were a changeling, you’d be ready with at least a year of easy food ahead of you! All you have to do is letting him do all the courting now. Piece of cake!”

>What do?
>>
>>29360242
I mean, we wanna pick some places to visit too. But yeah, if everything is like tonight then it will mean very good news for your love life and adventuring days! Eventually marriage too.
>>
>>29360242
I'm really surprised he said that to me. It saw so... so... so ROMANTIC!

I guess we should get to work on that letter to Papa now but not all the details or else we'll fill the entire paper before we're done. Write about how we've been having a wonderful time and have made many friends. How we've met Gramps in Daedalus and seen the Superbrawl. Tell him that we plan on visiting him after going to Hortensia. We might also have a stallion for him to meet.
>>
>>29360322
>>29360457
“Yeah, I’m still so surprised myself!” You hold your warm cheeks “All he said, about how he loved me… It was so… So… SO romantic!”
“Woah…” Heartshape sighs dreamily “I wonder if somepony will say pretty things like that to me someday…”
“It would be easy actually.” Sweetheart answers your small friend “Just get on a big binge! There’s an insane craze over big mares nowadays. Colts go crazy around them like you wouldn’t believe!”
Yet, as you can tell from her raised eyebrow, Heartshape has trouble believing it.

While your two friends fool around, you bring out some paper and a quill. Time to write that letter to Papa before you forget again!
On the paper, you tell him about the adventures you had and all the wonderful friends you met so far, all while Heartshape or Sweetheart occasionally peek from above your shoulder. Under the changeling’s constant complain, she’s described as a colourful and mischievous pony in your letter, in place of the originally special and sometimes grumpy description. You also mention tonight’s escapade. When you’re gonna visit Papa after your stop at Hortensia, there might be a stallion with you!

“So you’re telling your father you got a coltfriend through a letter?” Sweetheart comments.
“Well, yeah.” You nod “I’ve got to prepare him a little. Who knows? Maybe that relationship will end in a marriage!”

“͜͡͠Ma̵̵r̴͢͠r̸i̸̸͡a̛g̷̡e̛̕?”̸͝
The three of you jump at the sudden appearance of Gramps at the other side of the open window. He has a really, really scary expression. And somehow, he got his hoof back the cutlass he abandoned against Greenbeard and holds it right now.
"̛͘͝Wh͢o̶͠͡?͡͞"̨
Gramps simply asks.

>What do?
>>
>>29360685
Grandpa calm down! Come inside and promise to not hunt him down and I might tell you about him! He's really very nice, I swear!
>>
>>29360685
I said "maybe" gramps! It's still a pretty far off possibility.
>>
>>29360722
>>29360728
“G-Gramps! Calm down!” You urge the senior with the bloodthirsty aura “He’s really nice! And I said maybe, there’s nothing definitive yet!”
“Oh… My bad.” Gramps’ face instantly softens to his usual benevolent expression “And I guess my voice was a little hoarse from the ale.”

“You’re still gonna promise me not to hunt down anyone before I tell you about him!”
“Grlmb… Alright, I promise I won’t give him a taste of forty years of dealing with late debtors…” Trotting Stone lets out begrudgingly. “Now tell me about him!”

You allow the old pegasus inside and tell him roughly the same story you told minutes earlier, letting out some of the most… delicate parts this time. While you do, Sweetheart does an excellent job at discretely preventing Hearthshape from inadvertently giving out the more romantic detail you told the two mares about earlier.

“Hmm…” Gramps scratches his chin as he ponders about your story “As much as I think about what you said… *sigh* I can’t find one reason why I should be against this.” He chuckles “So I guess all that’s left for this old carcass to do is to give you his blessing! And don’t forget you can come to me if you need advice.”
“Of course!” You nod “You’re coming with us to Hortensia, right?”

“Nah.” He shakes his head “I’ll be staying in Deadalus for some more time. I didn’t get much time to catch up with Fast Caravan after all!”
“Gust’s still at the feast by the way” Gramps also informs you “He stumbled on other harriers, and he decided to stay with them until the morning.”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>29361145
That's cool. Well then we'll just get ready for bed I guess when we finish writing our letter. Or we can just go put it in a mailbox. Then in the morning we must be sure to visit little dadeulus and ask that doctor how the date went.
>>
Have a good night bump
>>
>>29361145
Well that's nice. I hope he has a good time.
>>
>>29361145
Well if that's taken care of, I think I may just hit the hay and get ready for tomorrow. Tonight was just... amazing!
>>
Remember to hug and kiss your grandpa since you're gonna be saying good bye to him soon.
>>
What a time to be a bard.
>>
What a quick board we have this morning.
>>
Do you think that we can send a small souvenir in the mail with this letter? Get one of those biggish envelopes.
>>
>>29361177
>>29363325
>>29364256
>>29365066
>>29366846
“Huh. I hope he has fun!” You shrug.
“Anyway, Gramps, you’re leaving us?” You pout at your Grandpa “Then come here and gimme a big hug you old rogue!”
Trotting Stone accepts, and you earnestly squeeze the old pony in your arms. It’s been a real boon to meet him during your travels.
“Ah, Happy Birdie!” Gramps start while you’re still holding him. “I’m glad I could visit you. I wasn’t nearly as worried as your father, but I’m glad to see you’re doing more than fine!”
“I’m glad I crossed path with you too!” You answer him.

Your day’s been quite awesome already, so after that you’re feeling ripe for a good night of sleep. You think your letter is as good as it can be, unless you’d like to mail some souvenir to Papa. You’ll also have to visit the doctor you gave your Superbrawl ticket away.
Still, that’s gonna have to wait until tomorrow.

The next morning, you quietly wake up in the empty bed-room. Looks like the others didn’t bother waking you up. You must have been really tired. Wait, it’s probably past ten already! You rush out of the bedroom to find anyone while hoping your C-colfrind Just thinking the word makes you feel funny inside hasn’t arrived yet. You burst in the kitchen and find Flickerwhiz discussing with… You?
“Oh! ‘Morning Harmony!” The other you cheerfully greets you while the unicorn stares in shock between you and you.

>What do?
>>
>>29367438
Give the bad bug a boop.
>>
>>29367438
Heeeey, you! Well... I guess I can't really blame you for messing with him. What malarkey have you told him?
>>
>>29367438
Ah, she was hungry and resorted to trickery to get food.
>>
>>29367467
>>29367507
>>29367549
“B-BAD BUG!” You shout as your hoof flies to boop the snoot of the changeling. She instantly reverts to her usual disguise.
“Hinhinhin!” She snickers “Don’t worry. I just wanted to cross sources about yesterday. And also have breakfast.”
“Huh?” The unicorn gasps worriedly.
“Relax lovercolt.” She stands up, leaving you her seat “I’m done already. And you didn’t feel a thing did you?”
“You didn’t tell him a bunch of malarkey, did you?” You point at Sweetheart accusingly.
“Nope.” The changeling shakes her head as she leaves the room. “Just invited him in and asked him about yesterday, nothing more. He’s all yours now.”
And then she disappears in the corridors on the manor, leaving you alone with Flickerwhiz.

“Hum… Hi I guess?” Flickerwhiz eventually says, scratching his back uneasily “Ahem… S-sorry, I really didn’t recognize her…”

>What do?
>>
>>29367580
Well she was a perfect copy of us so it's not surprising that you were fooled. Maybe we'll need to come up with a passcode? But that would get annoying quick. Say good morning and ask if he's had breakfast yet. We should eat something.
Also ask the minotaurs that live here where we can find a mail box or post office.
>>
>>29367604
“Eh… It’s no biggie, Flicky” You reassure him while you take some of the bread kindly awaiting you on the table. “Being a perfect copy of someone is kind of her thing…”
He nods to answer your last question. But the uncomfortable expression doesn’t leave his face
“Still. I feel kind of bad about falling for it…”
“We could make up a password I guess?” You think out loud, but quickly dismiss the idea “Nah, that would quickly be annoying I think. Sweetheart probably won’t go overboard with that anyway since she’s depending on us…”
The unicorn doesn’t seem completely satisfied with that answer.

But for now, about that letter. Maybe you could ask the owners of this place about that? But you think you understood they were guests of honour of the Superbrawl, and there’s still no signs of them around. Maybe they’re helping tidying the place, or maybe they’re still in a drunk comatose state somewhere in the streets... However, you think you’ve seen several post offices while you were hanging around Daedalus. Finding one shouldn’t be hard. You’ll just mail it whenever you go in town.

>What do?
>>
>>29367839
Let's see if Gale has made it home I guess. We wouldn't want to lose track of anypony. We should eat and then head to little dadleus to see if that doctor is in. After that we can head to the actual market and see if we can find a souvenir to send papa.
>>
>>29367895
This sounds good.
>>
>>29367895
>>29368005
Once you’re done eating, you go in search of Gale with Flcikerwhiz. But you only find Gramps and Sweetheart in the bedroom, doing some cleaning. And after properly introducing Flickerwhiz to your Grampa who is… just a tiny bit cold with him, he tells you Winter Seed and Heartshape went to Willowhorn’s for supplies.

“I wouldn’t worry about Gust if I were you.” Gramps then answers when you asks him about the harrier. “He can take care of himself. He’s a real stallion. HIM.” Gramps grins menacingly toward the lanky unicorn, which feigns not to see it.
“Alright.” You choose to ignore it too “Anyway, we’re going for Little Daedalus to see how the surgeon and old Slimetongue are.”

Gramps agrees and accompanies you to the hidden market.
The streets of Daedalus are eerily quiet this morning, and smell a little weird. It’s almost as if the whole city just woke up from a globalised hangover and still struggled to find the coffee. That feeling doesn’t stop where you’re heading either. Even little Daedalus is calmer than usual, but the enclosed space didn’t allow the odours of yesterday’s booze-happy party to dissipate, making the place positively reek of thrown up alcohol.

You head for the surgeon’s place, but find it closed. But there’s a note stuck on the door with a scalpel… which still has some red on the tip.
“Closed DEFINETLY” It reads “Now that I’m not depressed anymore, I’m going to pursue my dream of writing interactive stories for everyone to enjoy.”

>What do?
>>
>>29368463
Well that's good for him. Now let's go to the wizard pony and see if he got his tongue fixed as per the agreement.
>>
>>29368463
>Now that I’m not depressed anymore, I’m going to pursue my dream of writing interactive stories for everyone to enjoy.
Strange, I thought that's what depressed people do.
>>
>>29368463
Huh. Sounds like a happy ending! Let's go visit old Slime to be sure.
>>
>>29368499
>>29368577
>>29368625
Aren’t writers supposed to be depressive? You’ve heard many sad songs were written by depressive ponies…
“Alright. That looks like the plan went well!” You say “I hope that means he held up his end of the bargain.”

A checking that is going to be easy.
You head for Slimetongue’s stall and already you see the old wizard is a little… different… That’s the only word you could think of to qualify the black metal muzzle which now replace the front of his face. Slimetongue looks as fit as a fiddle, and cheerfully stow some suspicious looking stuff on his shelves.
He notices you as you come close and greets you a shiny iron smile.

“HARM. OH. NY!” He declares jerkily with a monochord but functioning voice. And it’s quite strange to hear him talk as the metal face only opens but doesn’t move the lips at all “I. AM. SO. GLAD. TO. SEE. YOU!”
“HEAR. THAT? I. CAN. TALK. NOW! AND. IT’S. ALL. THANKS. TO. YOU!” He declares, waving his hooves around in bliss.
“I. DON’T. KNOW. HOW. I. COULD. THANK. YOU. JUST. TELL. ME. A. NY. THING. YOU. WANT! I’LL. DO. MY BEST. TO. MAKE. IT. REAL!”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>29368847

Is there anything we need right now? It might be more beneficial to leave him as a pending favor for the next time we're in trouble. Unless he can make Heartshape normal again...
>>
Looks like it all worked out. Wonder if the date went well or maybe he just liked the superbrawl that much
>>
I'm not sure what to ask for. Does he have any magical items? Like something that gives us health when we're not moving? That heartshape wish might be good too.
>>
Have a good night bump
>>
>>29370590
>>
This guy could help in making our dreams not be dreams.
>>
Let's ask the pony wizard what exactly his talents are.
>>
Bumping in the afternoon
>>
>>29368847
First of all, I'd like to know your real name!.
>>
I'm glad that we were able to make them happy. What did the surgeon look like when you saw him? We gotta go to the flower minotaur girl and hear how it went.
>>
Really tired tonight. I pass or today.
>>
Bamp.
>>
See you tomorrow then.
>>
Happy wizard is a good thing.
>>
Time to go to bed bump
>>
>>29376968
indeed
>>
good morning bump
>>
It's time for this little bard to become a BIG bard.
>>
This wizard is probably going to become rich now that he'll be able to talk to his customers. Hope he doesn't let it go to his head.
>>
Page nine? That was quick.
>>
>>29380128
>>29376968
>>29374089
>>29373319
>>29372597
>>29370209
>>29369457
>>29369018
Helping you not letting your dreams be dreams? That wizard might be overselling his abilities to just do it here! But first…

“First, I’d like to hear your real name!” You ask the wizard.
It’s hard to tell with his metal maw, but the slight squinting of his eyes betrays he’s happy you asked this.
“THE. NAME. IS. BOOMDOCKS!”
“Yay!” You beam “I’m so glad you can talk! That surgeon must have looked radiant when you saw him, didn’t he?”
“YES.” Boomdocks answers “I. ALMOST. DIDN’T. RECOGNIZE. HIM. WITH. THE. SMILE. HE. JUST. CAME. AND. GRABED. ME. BY. THE. NECK. YESTERDAY. EVENING. AND. LOOKED. LIKE. ANOTHER. BULL.”

“I’m glad to hear it! Now back to business! First, I’ve got a friend that’s in trouble because of magic.”
You proceed to explain Heartshape’s predicament to him. But as the conversation goes on, you notice the pony in front of you looking a lot less boastful than earlier.
“I. AM. AFRAID. I. CANNOT. DO. MUCH.” He eventually shamefully admits. “I. COULD. TRY. A. COUPLE. OF. TRICKS. TO. MAKE. HER. NORMAL. AGAIN. BUT. IT. COULD. VERY. WELL. END. WITH. HER. HAVING. NO. DIGESTIVE. TRACK. LEFT. AT. ALL.”
“WITHOUT. A. LONG. PERIOD. . . LIKE. MONTHS. OF. TESTS. I. CANNOT. RESONNABLY. TRY. ANYTHING.”

“I understand.” You nod “But don’t go promising me miracles…”
“SORRY. . . THAT’S. AN. OLD. SNAKE. OIL. SALESPONY. HABIT.”
“Alright, what’s your speciality then?”
“ENCHANTING. ITEMS.” He answers. “THE. PURPOSES. HAVE. ALWAYS. BEEN. VARIOUS. BUT. PHYSICAL. ENHANCEMENT. AND. RESISTANCES. ARE. THE. EASIEST. TO. DO.”
>>
>>29381519
Hmm… From what he says, something to accelerate your regeneration or increase health should be feasible. Or maybe something to stop being on the shorter size of mares... But maybe you should just ask nothing in return and just have the wizard owe you a hoof if you get in deep trouble.
Also you’ve got to visit Wild Lilly to ask her how the Superbrawl date ended.

>What do?
>>
>>29381529
Oh, I want something that raises our defense so that can take a couple of hits. Or even better fire resistance so that we can stand the heat and not get burnt! He can do it to the staff that we are presumably carrying.
>>
>>29381529
Honestly I feel kinda bad about asking anything of him but the toughness enchantment sounds like it would be really useful if we ran into trouble. Problem is we don't have anything convinient to put it on. Maybe we can run and go by a bracelet real quick for him to enchant.

Ask him what he plans on doing now.
>>
The harmonica we carry could make a good vessel couldn't it?
>>
>>29381703
That's much too precious. The reason I think a rope/bracelet would be good is because it's unobtrusive and something that we can put on/take off easily.
>>
>>29381773
It's not like putting an enchantment on it would break the thing. It would only make it better really. In fact having the regenerating health on it would be neat. We can play music while we recover.
>>
>>29381793
Personally, I'd prefer a toughness. Plus it's not the most practical thing. Honestly it just feels kinda wrong to tamper with our heirloom, but I know that's just me.
>>
>>29381519
Maybe something to help her control her apatite, so she can eat without losing control?
>>
>>29381572
>>29381684
>>29381703
>>29381773
>>29381793
>>29381870
>>29381967
You ponder over the possibilities.
“Would it possible to enchant this with a protection spell?” You hand the wizard your baton.

He examines it thoroughly before speaking.
“THE. BEST. OPTION. ACORDING. TO. ME. WOULD. BE. TO. CHARGE. IT. WITH. A. FORCE. BUBBLE.”
“YOU. WOULD. BE. ABLE. TO. SUMMON. IT. AT. WILL. AND. THEN. PROTECT. YOU. FROM. ANYTHING. FOR. A. DOZEN. MINUTES. OR. SO. OR. UNTIL. IT. BREAKS. BUT. YOU. WON’T. BE. ABLE. TO. HIT. ANYTHING. OUTSIDE. THE. BUBBLE. THEN.”

“I get it.” You declare “Then, what’s about giving a healing enchantment on this?” You hand your instrument.
Once again after examining what you gave him
“DO. YOU. PLAY. IT?”
“Of course! That’s what I do for a living since I’m a Blo-BARD!” You catch your tongue speaking nonsense once again.
“THEN. I. CAN. GIVE. IT. HEALING. POWERS. FOR. HOWEVERS. HEARS. IT.”

“And what about just making me tougher?” You ask.
“TWO. OPTIONS.” Boomdocks declares “EITHER. I. CAN. HAVE IT. MAKE. YOU. A. LITTLE. MORE. ENDURANT. OVERALL.”
“OR. I. CAN. HAVE. IT. TRANSFORM. YOUR. SKIN. INTO. METAL. FOR. A. FEW. MINUTES. ONCE. A. DAY. MAKING. YOU. ALMOST. DAMAGE. PROOF.”
He points at your instrument.
“BONUS. POINTS. HERE. YOUR. INSTUMENT. IS. MADE. OF. HEGEMONIC. STEEL. THAT’S ABOUT. THE. HARDERST. THING. YOU. CAN. GET. AND. I. CAN. USE. ITS. PROPERTIES. TO. MAKE. YOU. ALMOST. INDESTRUCTIBLE. ALTHOUGH. YOU. PROBABLY. WON’T. BE. ABLE. TO. FLY.”

Interesting, you think, but you’re having second thoughts at the idea of altering your heirloom instrument. You glance at Gramps. He seems to have no problems with that.
You think about getting something to help Heartshape control her appetite, but the infusions from Willowhorn was already doing a good job for that. And it would be very surprising for the monks of Brahma not to be able to produce it once in the forest.

>What do?
>>
>>29382011
Healing music? Yes please.
>>
>>29382011
I can't resist healing with music. Playing songs AND making people feel better? That's pure Harmony.
>>
>>29382058
>>29382110
The idea of healing music just sounds too good to pass on.

“Oh! I want my songs to heal people!” You smile “That’s like… what I always wanted to do with my music!”
“SURE.” The old wizard says as you hand him your instrument “I. WILL. GET. RIGHT. ON. IT. COME. BACK. IN. AN. HOUR!”

You accept and walk away. Do you still have anything to do in Little Daedalus?

>What do?
>>
>>29382297
I'm relatively sure that our business has concluded here. All the cool items are expensive as balls. Plus the place is pretty hung over at the moment. To the market to see barrel!
>>
>>29382297
Maybe we can get dad something here? But what would Harmy's dad like?
>>
>>29382319
>>29382343
“I think we’re done around here for now.” You tell your friends. “Unless we can get something for Papa around here?”
“Eh…” Gramps seems unconvinced “He’s a simple stallion, straight on his horseshoes. You’d get better luck sending him a piece of chocolate. Or, more seriously, some wooden sculpture from around here. That’s the kind of thing he could appreciate.”

And so you decide to head for the regular market, hoping to find a present for papa but also hear from Wild Lilly and her pupper. You head straight for her booth. There you find her slouching over her flowers which seems to be a lot less ordered than usual. Her only half-awake face shows the signs of a groovy night yesterday.
Barrel the small dog seems mightily bored when you arrive.

>What do?
>>
>>29382497
Greet the two and be sure to give Barrel some good pets. Ask her if she had a good time yesterday.
>>
>>29382497
Pick up barrel and give him a nuzzle. Ask Wild Lilly if she knows any places where you can buy some knick knacks that would make a good gift for someone. Like a small tiny pony soldier carving or something.
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
We need to get money and buy some rare materials so that we can go back to the wizard and buy more stuff for ourselves in the future.
>>
We should leave later today.
>>
Sleep tight bard.
>>
Looks like somebody had fun at the superbrawl.
>>
>>29382527
>>29386884
>>29382550
“Hello there!” You greet the flower seller “Looks like someone had fun at the Superbrawl!”
“Ye-ah…” She waves her hand weakly, sounding like she might be daydreaming of sleeping right now “One heckova time. All thanks to you.”
“Glad to hear it!” You say as you give Barrel all the petting and nuzzles he deserves “And… How about… You know, the other bull?”

“Eh… He was weird.” She states in her half-awake state “Started by being all gloomy and stuff. But then he warmed up during the games. And then he left before the end, saying he had some sort of promise to uphold or something. Never saw his face again.”
“A-alright. That makes sense I guess.” You tilt your head to the side as you fathom the bull probably went to operate Boomdocks right away. And then something else comes to your mind “Oh! Do you know where I could find some sweet wood carvings? You know, for decoration?”

Wild Lilly nods and tells you about some shop she knows who may have what you seek. Following her direction, you arrive at booth ran by a middle aged minotaur where many wooden carving of various size are on display. There’s a little of everything: pony figurines, minotaurs, diamond dogs in various outfits but also mammoths, deer and even miniatures of the stadium or the house of chiefs.
The prices range from 8 coppers for a figurine to 5 silvers for the place-sized stadium.

>What do?
>>
>>29387510
I think our dad would like a pony figure and a minotaur. Unless he already has a bunch of those already. Then we should just pony up and get him a stadium so that he can pit his figurines against each other.
Ask grandpa what he thinks.
>>
>>29387532
You settle for a pony and a minotaur figurine. Gramps seems to approve of that, even if he doubts your dad is going to pit the figurines against each other in the wooden stadium, or anywhere else.

Shortly after, the two figurines as well as the letter you wrote yesterday are sent to your father for a 3 cooper fee. Finally, your conscience can be at rest.
With that, you only have to visit Boomdocks again to get your harmonica back.

>What do?
>>
>>29387655
To our harmonica! We need to figure out how it works now. Will playing one note give someone a little warm feeling? Will playing an entire song be better then playing a few random notes? Will there be a different amount of strength with the type of song that's played?
>>
>>29387683
Then it’s time to go get back your instrument.

You shortly arrive at Boombocks’ once again, and by the smile… or, more accurately, happy eye squinting he gives you when you arrive, it seems like whatever he’s been doing was a success.

“Heya!” You greet Boomdocks again “Are you finished with that enchantment?”
The old wizard nods vigorously, and takes your harmonica from behind his counter. The instrument doesn’t look very different expect for a small addiction made of another metal on the side of it which shouldn’t be a problem to handle the instrument properly. There’s also… some unnatural shine to your harmonica, as if sometimes, it was reflecting more light than it should.

“Oooooooo! How does it work?” You ask, as excited as a foal who just received her birthday present “Will just a note do the trick? Do I have to play a whole song? Does the type of song influence the effect?”
“CALM. DOWN. CALM. DOW. . .” The old pony tries in vain to tone down you enthusiasm. “LET. ME. EXPLAIN.”
“WHAT. I. DID. WAS. TO. GIVE. CHANNELING. PROPERTIES. TO. YOUR. HARMONICA. WHICH. MEANS. IT. WILL TURN. YOUR. FEELINGS. INTO. REALITY. THE. VERY. DEFINITION. OF. MAGIC. AS. A. WHOLE.”
“A. HAPPY. TUNE. WILL. RESTORE. ENERGY. RELAXING. ONES. SHOULD. CURE. WOUNDS. AND. SHOULD. YOU. EVEN. PLAN. TO. EXPRESS. HATRED. THROUGH. YOUR. MUSIC. . . IT. WOULD. HURT. OTHERS.”
All of a sudden, Gramps and Flicekrwhiz look a little more concerned about the situation.
“THE. MAGIC. WILL. BE. CONVEYED. THROUGH. MUSIC. SO. ALL. AND. ONLY. THOSE. WHO. CAN. HEAR. IT. WILL. BE. AFFECTED. AND. THE MORE. YOU. USE. THAT. MAGIC. THE MORE. TIRED. YOU WILL. FEEL. BUT. YOU. CAN TURN. OFF. THE. CHANNELING. EFFECT. . .” He shows you a small toggle switch he added on the side of your instrument, without damaging it apparently “HERE.”
And all of a sudden the Harmonica seems to look a little duller.

>What do?
>>
>>29387886
Wow. Neat. Give it a test play. Also thank boom by giving him a big ol hug.
>>
>>29387886

Wow, that's great. He really thought of everything! We should definitely hug him, and maybe try playing a happy song to test it out.
>>
>>29387908
>>29387915
“Wooaaaaah! You thought about everything!” You beam as you take the old wizard in a thankful hug. You notice that Boombocks smells slightly of Brussels sprouts “Now, let’s get this bad boy a test run!”
You rightfully claim your harmonica, switch the magic on and start playing.

And right now you feel like showing the world how happy you currently are with the eponym song! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fey2iVkYFBM
As you lips touch the instrument, you can tell something weird is happening. But the good kind of weird as Cabbage would say. The instrument just feel a tiny bit warmer than it should, and as the notes start to fly out, a slight sense of euphoria start to swell inside you. You feel like you’re weighting nothing right now, and a pleasant buzz of energy all around your body makes you want to just run toward the horizon.

And from the way Gramps and Flickerwhiz start to dance, they probably feel it too.
“Hey, Happy Birdie!” Gramps interjects “Did you just stole my 10 years and counting of rheumatism? Well, uh… you can keep them if you want!”

At the end of the song, you feel like you just ran a 100 yard dash, so while it’s noticeable, there’s little to worry about for now. The others seems absolutely fine though.

>What do?
>>
>>29388566
Alright. Turn off the magic and we'll play that music when we need/want to. Tell boom we'll see him again in the future with more items to enchant. Hopefully he'll give us a discount.
>>
>>29388599
You make sure to turn off the switch so the instrument returns to its usual inert state.
“Thanks a lot, Boomdocks!” You can’t stop yourself from grinning at this point “Hope to see you again and maybe enchant a few more trinkets!”
“IT. WOULD. BE. MY. PLEASURE. YOU. CAN. COME. WHENEVER. YOU. WENT. MY. SERVICES. WILL. ALWAYS. BE. AT. COST. PRICE. FOR. YOU. HARMONY!”

And on these words, you bid the old wizard farewell, wishing him luck for his future.
With that, you think you’re about done with you to-do list in Daedalus.

>What do?
>>
see you tomorrow
>>
Time to collect our friends and restock rations and anything else we might need for our journey. Better get a tent for flicker or a sleeping bag.
>>
Have a good night thread.
>>
>>29388749
Gather our group together, our rations, say goodbye to those we will leave behind, and head for the trail.Unless of course it is too late in the day.
>>
hey
>>
On wards to hear all the music of the world.
>>
>>29392781
>>29390992
>>29389150
Then it’s time for supplies! You buy some more food for a few coopers and enjoin Flickerwhiz to find himself a bedroll.
Turns out Starfall trusted Flickerwhiz enough to leave him with a decent amount of money for his job, he tells you as he buys the necessary stuff.

With the supplies taken care of, it’s time to meet the rest of the gang. It’s about noon when you arrive at the manor, and you’re pleasantly surprised to find Gale Dust, Sweetheart, Heartshape, Winter Seed and even Cabbage already waiting in the entrance.

“Hey, Harmony!” Gust happily greets you “And…”
“Flickerwhiz!” The unicorn who hasn’t really been really acquiesced with the harrier responds.
“Yeah, right…” Gust sneers “Anyway, we were planning to have lunch somewhere in the city before leaving Daedalus. How does that sound?”
“Sounds great!” You answer “Let’s not waste any time.”

And soon your party of eight ponies walks toward the Bread Eater, to end your time in Daedalus at the place it started.
“Also, I wanted to ask” Gust turns to the unicorn “Fwizzlekick…”
“Flickerwhiz.” He politely corrects the harrier.
“Huh, right…” Gust rolls his eyes “Anyway, what are you gonna do now that you’re done trying to kidnap our friend?”
“I’ll be going with Harmony of course.” The unicorn cheerfully announces “I’m Harmony’s coltfriend after all!”
“Say what?” Gust stops in his tracks in disbelieve while you blush slightly.
“I’m her coltfriend!” The unicorn repeats, all-smiles.

>What do?
>>
>>29393261
It true. We started having a relationship because life is too short to not enjoy things.
>>
>>29393261
It's true. Flickerwhiz here is courting me.
>>
>>29393325
>>29393504
“It’s true!” You say, and hear Gramps grinding his teeth behind you “He’s been courting me and took me on a date yesterday. Life’s too short not to get in a relationship!”
A strange silence fleets across your group.

“A-alright!” Gust finally declares “Sorry, I’m just… surprised. L-let’s get going!” he says and trots forward, walking a little in front of everypony else until you reach the Bread Eater.

You all sit down, Flickerwhiz making sure to secure a seat next to yours for the lunch.
Of course the unicorn is the main subject of conversation right now since he's the newest member. Heartshape and Winter Seed wanted to hear him talk about himself a little, and the monk praised him for getting away from an organization he knew was wrong. Something Flickerwhiz also praises you for. Meanwhile, Sweetheart and Gramps tease him slightly. Gramps being the more incisive of the two maybe.

However, Gust remains mostly silent through the conversation.

And so does Cabbage, but that's less worrying.

>What do?
>>
>>29393898
So is everypony ready for an action packed adventure? Because we are! We should probably report we're taking sweetheart.
>>
>>29393898
I don't think Gust was ever this silent, something might be eating inside of him emotionally. We might need to have a one on one with Gust later.
>>
>>29393898
Ask Gale how his day was yesterday. Heard he had a good time with some fellow Harriers.
>>
>>29393920
>>29393936
>>29393972
“Hey! Earth to Gust” The stallion perks up “Did you have fun yesterday? I heard you got pretty wild with fellas!”
“Uh… yeah, yeah, we… talked about stuff and… just stuff, you know…” He slouches uneasily on his chair “And then we drank a lot. I don’t think there’s much to talk about...”
Huh… unfortunately, you don’t think you’ll be able to get much out of him for now. You should probably have some one to one time with him later.
That means you’re gonna talk to him.

“Alright everpony!” You stand on your seat and catches everyone’s attention “Are you ready for an action-packed adventure?”
You declaration is met with cheer and a whistle of acclamation from Flickerwhiz
“And just like you I am ready! Just after we finish dessert, we’ll be leaving town, and I just wanted to remind everyone that Sweetheart is now out of her probation period in Daedalus!”
Which reminds you, you should probably get some papers about her in case you get in trouble.
“Yay!” She changeling exclaims “We are gonna have so much fun!” She grins almost… menacingly “Yes… SO much fun…”

The lunch ends shortly after that.
Before leaving, you, Gust and Sweetheart head for the barracks to check if everything is in order for the changeling to leave the city. She seemed to be in a good mood, so Sweetheart would probably be cooperative enough to let you and Gust to have a word in relative privacy right now.

>What do?
>>
>>29394110
Hey gust, what's on your mind you're acting a little offstandish. I bet it has nothing to do with flickerwhiz at all.
>>
>>29394136
Yeah, you're being more dark and brooding than usual. Anything we can do to cheer you up?
>>
>>29394136
>>29394187
After a quiet exchange of head signs with Sweetheart, you give up trying to tell her thought head signs and simply whisper to her you’d like to have a private word with Gust.

“Hey Gust!” You try to keep your usual bubbly tone “What’s on your mind? You’re acting a little offstandish right now.”
“Don’t worry about it…” He looks away, wincing “I just have to do some thinking on my own…”
“It’s about Flickerwhiz, isn’t it?”
He smacks his lips “Well, of course! Actually, it’s NOT worrying about him that should be strange, don’t you think?” He asks with a slightly accusing tone.
But then he shakes his head, chasing the mean thoughts off him mind “Sorry, I just don’t know the guy. Last time I had an actual conversation with the guy, it was to make him spill the beans about where he took Nymph. Heh…” He chuckles.
“Hum… Anything I could do so you stop being dark and brooding?” You ask.
He breathes in, just like if he was about to tell something important, but then he simply sighs “N-nah.” He smiles weakly “I just need to get to know the guy a little better. But if you trust him, he’ll become a good pony even if he isn’t yet.” He declares with a smirk.

>What do?
>>
>>29394352
I'm gonna bop him if he isn't a good pony. Or put him in jail. But don't worry. I think once you get to know how nice he can be you'll like him.
>>
>>29394352
I'm glad you think so. Don't ever be afraid to talk, okay?

Poor Gale, I really wanted to husbando him. It's only fair to give Flickerwhiz a shot at this point.
>>
>>29394377
>>29394380
“No worries! If he doesn’t behave, I’ll boop him!” You assure the harrier, and for a second it looks like Gust wouldn’t mind being booped by you “And if the booping doesn’t work it’s gonna be jail for Flickerwhiz! But I think you’ll like him so there shouldn’t be any need for that.”
Gust chuckles “Alright, got it.”
“Hum! Just don’t be afraid to talk when you’re feeling blue, okay?” You smile at him.
“Gosh, give me some space Harmony!” He starts laughing “You’re starting to sound like mom!”
“HEY!”

A few minutes of fooling around later, you arrive at your destination. You eventually manage to get some papers indicating that Sweetheart is under you and Gust’s responsibility. There’s one copy for each of you, including the changeling herself.

With the paperwork sorted out, you return to the manor and pack you things along with your friends.
And soon enough everything and everyone is done, and the sizeable company of friends you’ve become is ready to take the road. Only Trotting Stone will remain here, and he’s been watching you prepare your leave with a bitter-sweet smile.
It’s time for you to say goodbye to Gramps.

>What do?
>>
>>29394567
Tell Grandpa you love him and you hope he swings by home sometime since that's kind of our only meeting place. Give him a hug and a kiss. Be safe out there. Remember to thank trotting stone for giving us a place to stay since I think he was the one that arranged it.
>>
>>29394567
"You're not going to stop going until you keel over, are you?" Give him a hug. "I hope I get to be just like you."
>>
>>29394596
>>29394680
“Gramps…” You say.
“Happy Birdie…” He responds.
You both know words won’t convey what the hug you throw yourself into means. Gramps embraces you dearly, and you have to stifle your tear if you want to talk.

“I love you Gramps!” You can’t refrain a sob “J-just make sure you come back home sometime so I get to see you again.”
“Huh? You think I’ll go back inside these four boring walls after the adventures you told me you had?” He gloats with a childish smile “Nuh-uh! Not in a thousand years!”
"You're not going to stop going until you keel over, are you?" You giggle like the little filly you’ll always be in his arms. "I hope I get to be just like you."
“Take care, Happy Birdie” He says with a quavering voice “I had much joys in my life, but there’s also been trouble! Just take care alright?”
You give him a silent but heartfelt nod in response.
After what felt like hours and yet also like an oh so short moment, you and Trotting Stone finally allow yourselves to part ways.

“And thanks for getting us such a wonderful place to rest. You’ll give my thanks to the landlord!” You wave as you walk down the streets of Daedalus for the last time in a while.
“Will do Happy Birdie” Gramps answers as he waves back “Will do…”

And then you depart with everyone.
You remember the first time you left home, all alone. And now you’re leaving a town with six friends in tow.
That whole apprehension of the unknown you had at first is now completely gone.
Only the gleeful and everlasting thirst for new adventures remains.
May that thirst never be quenched.
>>
And after 10 months and 10 days, the story of our little bard comes to a halt.

As I've stated before, I feel the need to try my hand at some other ideas before coming back to Bard Quest. And take my word for it, nothing short of the ride's end would stop me from giving this story a proper conclusion.

For now I can only thank you for following the adventures of these characters for so long.
Should you have any question of any kind ( about the story, meta details, what could/would have happened if we did X instead of Y), comments or feedback, you can let them in this thread, I'll answer the questions and I'm probably not going to sleep before an hour or so.

I also lurk the /cyoa/ general very often, so if you've got any question once this thread meets its fate, you can ask them here.

I the meantime, thanks again, and see you next time on another quest.
>>
How close is this to ending? Will green beard be happy to see us? Do you recommend solving everything with just our wits?
>>
>>29395128

>How close is this to ending?
Depends. For now, there's at least gonna be an arc in Hortensia with Eerie Birch which should be about as long as each of the two arc we already had, one arc with Greenbeard in Nover and one arc about Heartshape. Those last two should be a little shorter.
That's the plan for now, but there could be more or less if I see people are interested in something else or aren't interested in what was planned at first. I'll try to be clear and ask what people want and what they want to see.
For now, the next step is the Eerie Birch/Hortensia matchmaker arc.

>Will green beard be happy to see us?
Bring chocolates. Rubi flavour.

>Do you recommend solving everything with just our wits?
What else do you want to use? As a rule of thumb I try to favour all original and daring solutions and to punish passivity.
As a part of that, I’ve felt at times I was giving the rest of the team some idiot balls and have Harmony do most of the work. Was it bad?
>>
>>29395231
No it wasn't bad. I don't remember any times where I thought "why didn't x character do x action?"
What kind of tune should we play to fight disease? What happens if you play when you're sad?
>>
>>29395263
>No it wasn't bad.
Good

>What kind of tune should we play to fight disease?

The magic in the Harmonica can't exactly cure diseases. But through tunes which channel calm and sernity of vibrant energy, you can help the body regenerate and counter the ill effects of the diseases, but not gettign rid of the actual pathology.

>What happens if you play when you're sad?

Playing a sad tune would sap the energy and willpower of those how hear it in a non hurtful way. Will basically make people feel awful and just want to go to sleep already.

Also, remember that as long as you dodn't plug your ears or something, the magic effect you all the same. That's why the magic can be turned off.
>>
off to sleep I go
>>
>>29395344
nite
>>
It's okay, you can let the thread die if you don't have anytihng more to say.
>>
bubba quest
>>
>>29398198
well thanks then
>>
>>29401013

let it die you fucking degenerate
>>
>>29401376

Go away, degenerate.
>>
>>29402286
never
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.