[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frostbitten (CYOA) #14

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1473131793923.png (539KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1473131793923.png
539KB, 1000x1000px
https://www.anonpone.com/frostbitten/

Your eyelids slowly peel open as a long, restful sleep finally meets it's end. It wasn't anything all too special but you feel that any good night's sleep is worth enough in it's own regard. Night's sleep... was it even night when you fell asleep? Was it even close to it? Does it even matter? These questions flow through your head, but you quickly dismiss them as it probably isn't an important thing to have clogging up your thoughts.
Your gaze brings itself over to Misty, who fell asleep curled up on the other side of the couch. She looks oddly at peace. You then look over to the table at the turntable. The needle has finished playing the record, and now sits repeating the same static sound over and over again.. Both of you agreed that, after talking for a while, you two would put a classical record on and do nothing but relax. For real this time. All you can seem to remember is you sitting beside misty doing exactly that, letting all of your stresses flow away with the notes of the music. A variable you didn't expect to come into play did exactly that, however, and soon both of the couch ponies ended up falling asleep. Even though you didn't know which of you fell asleep first, it doesn't seem to matter to you.
You sluggishly reach over towards the turntable and take the needle off of the record and stop the machine. It's probably bad for the record, to leave it at the end like that, right? You yawn and lay back down, gazing at Misty's sleeping form, wondering if she's dreaming, and if so, what about. Is that creepy? That might be creepy.
You perish the thought and look up towards the ceiling. You wonder if you should wake Misty before doing anything today, but you wonder about how much she needs this rest. And if you were to not wake her, what would you do anyway? Besides going outside to the city, or putting on that time travel ring, there isn't much you feel comfortable doing without her...
>>
Wow, pretty untermensch.
>>
>>29265041
Let her rest. Maybe we can try making food for her this time? Check the cabinets to see what food we might can make.
>>
>>29265041
Resist the urge to patpat the pony.
She does need the rest. How early is it? If the sun is high in the sky, we could gently wake her up with another record of classical music.

What were our plans again? Get to Pitchurst?
>>
>>29265262
I thought we were going to try to find somebody?
>>
>>29265141
>>29265262

[1/2]

An urge to pat her on the head arises, however you quickly dismiss it. Maybe letting her rest would be a good idea. She's more than deserving of it. But that doesn't leave you with a whole lot of options.
You stretch and sit on the edge of the couch for a bit before standing up. What is there to do in this place, anyway? You begin to pace around the house before the thought that you haven't eaten today arises. Eating is one of the only things you do before leaving the house, you think. But if Misty's sleeping, I guess it's up to you to bear the load of the breakfast-maker. Hey, you can't possibly screw up something as easy as cooking, right? How tough could it possibly be?
You make your way over to the pot and look inside to see that there's still lots of cold leftover soup left... guess that solves that. All you need to do is warm the pot up now, and given the extremely low chance that you can burn this place down, you see no harm in trying to light the fire beneath the cauldron.
How were you planning on making the soup anyway? All you can remember is her saying something about it being made by blueberries and a secret ingredient. A secret ingredient you don't know. Great.
You strike a match and throw some paper under the pot to get it started. The fire takes a minute to start, but soon the pot is brought to a boil, with you making sure to stir it just enough, but not too much.
It isn't the most involving thing in the world to distract yourself with, but you could get used to it.
Once the pot is boiling at a satisfactory level, you take the pot off of the fire using the fire-proof handles, and leave the fire to be slowly burned away. You'll serve it to her when she wakes up. You're sure it won't be long.
>>
>>29265422

[2/2]

You're not sure how high the sun is in the sky, so you can't really make an accurate judgment of time of day. You should actually really find that out, you still have things to do for Peter. You haven't even told him the job's done yet, though you're sure he knows already.
You decide to take a quick trip to the front entrance of the house, and down the tunnel to the entrance shack. Moving the fridge out of the way carefully, you look to the left of the shack and see Philip and Peach cuddling together on a couch.
...They're both smiling. The sight warms your heart a little.
Expertly sneaking through, you open the front door to the shack as quietly as you can looking outside. The sun is just peaking a tiny bit over the west wall. If you had to guess, you'd say it's about ten to eleven AM. Not too bad, you suppose.
What is bad however, is the fact that the entire sky to the west is almost completely black. The sight of the sea does little to calm you. That storm is going to be here at any moment. You just pray that the lighthouse that Wallace fellow is supposedly in doesn't crumble, or the chances of you getting out of here by ship is almost entirely gone.
>>
>>29265442
>You just pray that the lighthouse that Wallace fellow is supposedly in doesn't crumble
It's totally going to crumble. Anywho, I think we should really get a move on if we're going to speak with Pete. Let's go gently awake Misty.
>>
>>29265442
It's not the first time a storm happens around here, right? There's no reason for the lighthouse to crumble just now. Right?

>>29265684
^ this
We never got to talk to Pete after the generator thing in that basement.
>>
>>29265719
Oh and don't forget to bring money this time.
>>
>>29265684
>>29265719
>>29265889

[1/2]

Even if the lighthouse doesn't fall, there's still some sense of urgency to get to Pete before the snow comes. You would much rather walk in cold weather than walk through ten feet of snow.
You make your way through the tunnels once again and find yourself standing by Misty. You shake her gently to wake her from her slumber.
>Mmm...
She slowly opens her eyes and looks into your own before closing them tight as she lets out a high-pitched yawn.
>G'mornin', Chance.
“G'mornin'. Have a good sleep?”
>It was great actually.
She pauses and smells something.
>Uhh, did you warm up that leftover soup?
“Yeah, thought I may as well do something producti-”
>Oh Celestia you're a angel, can you bring me some please?
“I know my hair's long, but isn't “angel” a bit too far?”
>P-Please?
You sigh.
“One bowl of soup coming right up.”
>Thank youu!
“Yeah whatever!”
>>
>>29266146
In the kitchen, you surf through the cabinets and find a ladle and two bowls. Promptly fishing out that godly soup and pouring it into a couple bowls, you find yourself sitting in the same spot you have sat in many times before, drinking the soup you have drank many more times, sitting with the mare you've been with for literally your entire life that you can remember. You begin to wonder about what may happen if you don't in fact leave this city. What you would have to do to cope with such a circumstances would take more than a one-liner. Trying not to think so pessimistically is proving harder than you thou-
>You think a lot when we drink soup.
You look over to her. She has a small smile on her face.
>Sometimes I'm wonderin' what you're thinking about in that head of yours. It's interesting, you know?
“I... I guess? I haven't- well, heh, I haven't put much thought into it, really.”
>Why not? Don't you ever wonder what others are thinking?
“Well, yeah, but I don't let that override my brain. If other people wanted to share their thoughts with me I'm sure they'd say so but until then I just kind of let it go.”
She goes silent and takes another sip of her soup before speaking again.
>Yeah. That's a good way to think I guess. Yeah.
The two of you finish your meals in silence.
You can't shake the feeling that something's wrong.
>Aren't we supposed to meet back with Pete at some point?
“Yes! Right, er, are you ready?
>Ready when you are.
“Alright. Can you-”
>Grab the bits?
You pause.
“Yes, actually. How did you know?”
She says with a smile:
>Guesswork. Maybe some of your luck rubbed off on me!
And with that, she runs off and gets the money.
The two of you armor up and grab your weapons and other items before you stand at the fridge leading to the outside world.
You aren't sure what to make of how Misty acted. That feeling that something is wrong hasn't gone away yet. You only hope it will pass in the coming hours.
>>
I suppose a short session is better than no session. Unexpected but somehow still expected circumstances happened (because of course this had to happen) and I won't be able to run anymore today. I apologize for the uncontrollable and sporadic nature of my relatives.
Thank you for playing, I'll try to get a session in next Saturday. Hopefully it will be longer and less disappointingly short than this one was.
>>
>>29266178
>>Why not? Don't you ever wonder what others are thinking?
>“Well, yeah, but I don't let that override my brain. If other people wanted to share their thoughts with me I'm sure they'd say so but until then I just kind of let it go.”
I'm getting that feeling that she was curious about what we were thinking about, and we essentially told her "if I wanted to tell you what I was thinking, I would", a.k.a. "I don't want to tell you".
Reassure her that you're not trying to keep her out from your thoughts, and explain that all thoughts don't need to be shared, especially the pessimistic ones.

>>29266189
It's ok, you do what you can and I'm grateful for that. Thanks for running.
>>
>>29266146
>>29266178
Fuck me their chemistry is so perfect. I've said it before but this could be a whole thread of interactions between Misty and Chance and I'd STILL be blown away.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.