[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On the subject of AUs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11

File: 0warpone.jpg (182KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0warpone.jpg
182KB, 1920x1080px
One of modern MLP's actually-good moments of fan pandering was when they canonized the existence of multiple alternate universes. AUs are a great way to give the fandom's content creators a blank cheque, so to speak. They can write in any of the AUs shown on-screen, or make up their own. Plus, it allows you to avoid the stigma cringe cancer insists OCs have. People will flip their shit if Ocean Wave the dolphin-loving Earth Pony hangs out with her drinking buddies at the barn, but if Sombraverse AU Applejack drinks with her friends after a day's farming, people love it.

We should start taking advantage of this. Do you know why the Undertale fandom is still around, despite the game's age and shortness? Content creation. The big names make their major projects and songs and animations, and the smaller names mess around for fun with different AUs. Say what you will about the crappy ones like Underswap (Papyrus is Sans and Sans is Papyrus!) and Storyshift (Sans and Papyrus are Chara and Asriel and vice versa!) and Underfell (Everyone is turbo edgy!), but they give a sense of validity to even the most OOC depictions and allow for fans to have fun creating content without stepping on each other's toes. The "Sans's dad was an asshole" fans never fight with the "Sans's dad was cool and taught him to love puns" guys. And do you know what? We should fight with each other less, too.

>But if we have fun in AUs, won't we be just like the Undertale fandom?
No, because we're bronies, we're already better than them and playing with a toy the kid down the road has a copy of is fine.
>But what if an antibrony calls us cringey?
Tell him to fuck off! What, your "I like X no matter what antibronies say!" spirit wears off the second it applies to something the fandom at large doesn't already love, but should?
>What about the people that don't like AUs?
They don't have to read AU fics or look at AU art. I, for one, would love to read some awesome fanfics about Rainbow Dash in the war.
>>
By the way, while I prefer "X event happened differently, causing the timeline to change" AUs to "In this universe Twilight is Pinkie and Pinkie is Rainbow Dash" AUs, I look forward to seeing both exist.
>>
>>29245615
My AU is one where the show ended after Twilicorn as it should have.
>>
File: 1484008895745.png (360KB, 649x513px) Image search: [Google]
1484008895745.png
360KB, 649x513px
>>29245803
>>
>>29245822
>It is to make AUs guys
>Fuck off with your Twilicorn drama
t. derpibooru staff
>>
>>29245803
You know what? You can make one. Good luck writing that, though. Btw, seasons 4 and 5 had some good episodes and Twilicorn made me cry with pride at how far young Twilight had come. MLP's only mistake was Jim Miller. And it's easy to AU those episodes away.

You know, it's weird. FIMfiction kind of already does AUs. But they don't call them AUs, they call them "Verses", and it's an act of dick-sucking rather than one of creativity. You write a story in the "Verse" of a "Famous" writer with like 300 fans (big whoop) in the hopes that some of his retarded fans will rub off on you.
>>
>>29245840
It's not that I find it wrong, in fact some of my favorite fanfics take place in a timeline where Twi never became alicorn. I'm just tired of it being pushed all the damn time just for the sake of having a wingless Twilight. She has wings, there's nonthing you can do about now. If it really bothers you that much then just fuck off and watch some other show that craters to all your desires.
>>
File: 1469030601034.png (117KB, 396x401px) Image search: [Google]
1469030601034.png
117KB, 396x401px
>>29245897
No such thing, and you know it. You are just a hasbro apologizer.
>It si shit guys, but you still will watch anyways
>No I won't
>Then leave
>No, because ponies are banned everywhere else and I want to keep posting them
>ARRRRGHHH WHY DON'T YOU LEAVE
>>
AU Ideas:

Twilight hates books and learns magic by throwing it around like a crazy pony and seeing what combinations of magical energies does what. Spike, the long-suffering straight man, uses an antimagic lamp to cure ponies she mutates without a second thought.
Everyone is Pinkie Pie.
Everyone is an Alicorn. (Though nobody is immortal except the sisters)
Male Rainbow Dash is Twilight's brother
Rarity writes lewd novels and owns a bookstore
Fluttershy learns her lesson after her first "Learning to stand up for herself" episode and has good episodes
Spike leaves the mane six and becomes his own dragon, eventually becoming the new dragon lord
Edgy world. Except life is tragic and Dark Omen (alternate Twilight Sparkle) desperately wants to secretly find the Elements of Harmony and de-edgify this world.
Godmode Shitter is the Element of Magic and the rest of the mane six deal with her sociopathy and horrific actions every day. This could be tragic and realistic or comedic and "Haha, that pony will never recover!".
Underfresh, pones edition.
>>
>>29245615
Anon, I don't know if you've noticed, but this fandom has AUs all the time. From minor things like "X in Equestria" and "Princess Applejack," to a little three-paragraph vignette called Fallout: Equestria.
>>
>>29245931
Shut up. The guy dislikes winged Twilight, and is reasonable about it. Also, oh no, he dislikes winged Twilight. Big whoop. He isn't a hasbro apologizer. He has yet to actually apologize for hasbro or Jim Miller. Take the shit you threw at him, scoop it up, and shove it back up your ass.
>>
>>29245947
Yeah, Fallout Equestria has a circlejerky fandom of douches, so they don't count until we and they recognize the FEverse as an AU.

Also you read my first post, right? AUs aren't as common as they should be. I want that changed, because there's potential here.
>>
File: 6 years and counting.jpg (69KB, 676x661px) Image search: [Google]
6 years and counting.jpg
69KB, 676x661px
>>29245931
>hasbro apologizer
Nigga please
>>
>>29245615
The last clopfic I've read was literally Twilight going back to the NMM timeline
>>
>>29245986
>pic
Well my apologies then.
>>29245957
Then why people bitches and moans that the wings are not much problem? They are useless, just to force the shiny princesshood that has been mostly useless too.
Even an actual little girl threw a fucking tantrum about them. The difference is that she probably moved on because she has adhd like all kids, while here I can't post ponies outside, so I am forced to see the stupid twilicorn all day everyday. Please understand, faggots.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBVEd-Vj1Cs

This? We should make stuff like this, too. Musicians, artists, writers, we need to get back together and celebrate the world of Equestria in all its entirety, even the AUs.
>>
>>29246026
Honestly, the wings are not a big deal. They're rarely if ever used and it's not like Twilight is fawned over everywhere she goes for having them. She's noticed as an Alicorn occasionally, but she's still Twilight, even if she's less of the cutely hasn't-got-her-shit-together-yet pony we loved at the start now.
>>
>>29246026
>Even an actual little girl threw a fucking tantrum about them.
[Citation needed]

Anyway the real problem is that faggots get triggered by the sight of the wings themselves instead of criticizing the implantation of them. If written well it could've worked. Personally I think Twi with wings is a qt, , but I agree the way she got them and how they're treated in later episodes is pretty shit
>>
File: 1360362864448.jpg (160KB, 880x380px) Image search: [Google]
1360362864448.jpg
160KB, 880x380px
>>29246059
>>
How is Twilight being an alicorn the issue? Isn't the princess title the issue?
>>
>>29246080
They just put wings on her for the easy dollarroos. While the show was made for dollaroos, it is still bullshit they didn't actually try to make fucking sense and just said "fuck it because dumb kids and manchildren will still keep watching anyways, so who cares about making sense".
Hasbro went full Discord.
>>
>>29246070
>"Proof" is just some Anon's word
I bet you actually believe a guy had his central nervous system removed to improve his moral fiber and lived to tell about it.
>>
>>29246090
Yeah anon, i bet you can prove to me the wings are liked by everyone too.
If we pull ut ratings after them, they dropped.
Hasbro obviously doesn't give individual pony model sales, so what do you suggest then? No fucking way to prove it, because nobody is going to film his sister and post her in youtube or 4chan, because the internet is full of pedos.
>>
>>29246088
It is a minor design change, I really don't have a problem with it. It is like complaining about the Modern Sonic design.
>>
>>29246107
>i bet you can prove to me the wings are liked by everyone too.

I never once claimed that, I just wanted proof that the target demographic can actually get that austically triggered like someone from here.
>>
>>29246117
Ah there we go, the old "you are literally CWC if you hate the wings"
Look here imbecile. The problem is not the fucking aesthetic or the fact it was put for easy dollaroos. the problem is no fucking explanation, not giving a shit for it to make sense or fit.
In fact after the fucking wings they saw people would still watch no matter what they pushed, so they stopped giving a shit to make sense and prefer to just dump whatever for the easy money now. Fuck you and fuck them.
Sonic arms being blue wasn't even made for dollaroos, just a dumb production design, which didn't affect sonic in anyway. The wings were sold as something amazing, great every pony should look to get and yet they don't fucking do anything but look fancy and just fly like other pegasus.
>>
>>29246117
No one cares about the wings themselves. They're just symbolic of the more basic changes to Twilight's character and personality, which is what people really take issue with.
>>
>>29246151
The writers and artists rarely do well working in concepts given by the higher ups. Part of the time it is constraints by Hasbro, part of it is the writers and artists not being terribly creative due to a lack of effort and/or skill, and part of it is the writers/artists being too afraid to introduce a concept that is too absurd because you guys have a relatively strict vision of the show despite everything that has happened.

>>29246162
That's to do with the princess title, Twilight is stuck as a very flawed character because the writers are afraid to commit to the idea that she really shouldn't be considered an expert on Friendship.
>>
>>29246090
It was better for both of them anon.
>>
>>29246174
That's wrong though. Larson wrote the episode, but he commented how executives changed everything and didn't give a single fuck to make it fit, because a man that knows about corporative business is not fit to fucking write a script.
>>
>>29246235
It was a single parter, and even if there was a more logical explanation would you accept it?
>>
>>29246247
Well now we will never know. But probably if Larson's script wasn't fucking raped like it was, who knows.
>>
>>29246070
Hey anon, want me to give you some counterarguments? Like that "My daughter loved Twilight, she reminds her of her dead mum. I was nervous when she saw the Alicorn episode with me, but she loved it, and said "She's closer to mommy now"." pic I still remember for some reason?
>>
>>29246323
Good one.
Point is, assuming these cases are true, then it is obvious there would be more discomfort. So this divided everybody. Good job, hasbro executives.
>>
Since we're on the subject of AU's anyways, I'm surprised that the final "doomed Equestria" timeline that Twilight visited didn't get a bigger reaction.

We're talking about a timeline where everyone and everything is apparently dead, and without being linked to any of the known major villains. What the fuck happened to that place?
>>
>>29246371
Why bother making theories if hasbro is gonna come and make something stupid worse than anything anyone here could imagine.
>>
>>29246151
Thing is, crying about wings REALLY IS as dumb as crying about blue-arms sonic.

Actually, dumber, because OP just said you can make AUs now. You wanna write something where Twilight stayed a Unicorn forever? Or one where the show ended when she became an Alicorn and the foals of her and her friends are the main characters now? You can do that. You can be creative instead of crying out the ass.
>>
>>29246384
Because when you have good AUs and good fan content, it doesn't matter what the Executive Producers do, because they can't and won't throw C+Ds at you over fucking fanfics?
>>
And even if they do, shooting their PR in the foot in the process, you can pull a Them's Fighting Herds and make your own thing.

Besides, if they were ever going to do it, they'd have done it to Fallout Equestria when it got printed as a real book you can hold.

Btw, cute-ass fanart of the characters together when? That died over the years, too. Please tell me tumblr's cancerous anti-shippers didn't infect us, it's bad enough that they ruined Do Or Deer.
>>
>>29245931
>Then leave
>No, because ponies are banned everywhere else and I want to keep posting them
You know there are OTHER pony sites that could suit your autism better, right?
>>
File: 1366861287976.png (249KB, 1515x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1366861287976.png
249KB, 1515x1046px
>>29246449
That can go both ways.
>>
>>29246384
Like that used to stop people back in 2011.

Remember when fans thought Twilight Sparkle was actually an artificial construct made by Celestia? Then a few weeks later, the Cutie Mark Chronicles aired.
>>
>>29246467
The problem is also that hasbro has been c&d everything relatively good made by fans.
So you can't do anything but some fanart and fanfictions because if not they will hit you with their c&d bullshit.
>>
>>29246490
They didn't do it to Snowdrop, double rainboom, dusks dawn, Requiem For a Princess or its sequels, epic pony rap battles, or pretty much anything. Not even of the current shit-sellers on FIMfiction making $200+ a month from fetish clopfic commissions and keeping their monopoly by having their staff friends attack newbies that touch the fetish and try writing for it.
>>
>>29246528
Most of that was released either before they went so hard on c&d shit or without drawing much attention.
>>
We really should set up sites where oldies that prefer S1-3 can play in their Unicornverse and newbies that haven't seen S3 or 4 but watched the 4 worst eps of S1 and all of S6 can hang out and wank over Starlight in their Starlightverse.

All this "Fuck you, oldfag!" "Fuck you, newfag!" "I'm still butthurt over Twilicorn!" "Well I'm still butthurt about you not loving my waifu Glimmer!" bullshit is unnecessary.

Btw in my verse Suelight Shitter died at the end of Season 5, and was burned to ash by Solar Flare(Evil Celestia) who went berserk and burned the world when everything ever went to shit, then moved the sun back to wander around the scorched earth as penance. She then told Twilight to get back to her timeline and treasure her friendships. S6 never happened and was due to swamp gas leaks from the Everfree.
>>
>>29246549
Yeah, we can call it "hugbox.net" and shift the accusations to people being outside their boxes. Then it can be 5-person circlejerks arguing with themselves, instead of 15-person circlejerks.

This is a good plan.
>>
>>29246467
I always had a headcanon that Twiilight's so strong because Celestia went all "Competitive pokemon breeder breeding for perfect IVs meets Robin the Tactishippin" on the entire Sparkle family line for 400+ years, setting up convenient meetings and good dates with the family's chosen partners and bad dates with the unwanted ones. Cadence was used to help the love along when she was discovered, and she'd be paid for her services to Equestria with Shining Armor, an almost-Twilight Tier Unicorn with no major defining traits beyond being Twilight's brother and a nice pony, and now Cadence's husband and lover.

How do you think Twilight would react to learning Celestia's the reason she is what she is?
>>
>>29246566
>>29246549
Last time we did a S3+ isn't canon, autists raged all over the land and shitposted it.
>>
>>29246566
Must you really say "U just wanna Hugbox" every time you're told to stop fighting with the brother you hate? You two can't say anything that'll change each other. Change happens, and some changes are bad, but the episodes that existed before the change still exist. If you wish the show ended in S3, you're welcome to pretend it did, just like many DBZ fans pretend GT never happened. If you wish the fandom also died in S3 and went home and stopped using this board, fuck off, you typical petty bitchy little antibrony faggot.
>>
>>29246599
Citation needed.
>>
File: 1366117000524.jpg (226KB, 1340x834px) Image search: [Google]
1366117000524.jpg
226KB, 1340x834px
>>29246588
Now that's a head-canon I could get behind. The only catch being that Cadance isn't much older than Twilight herself, so she couldn't have been playing match-maker for anyone except herself.

>How do you think Twilight would react to learning Celestia's the reason she is what she is?

I think she would take it well.
>>
>>29246605
You didn't actually read that entire post, did you? It was like three sentences; it's not hard.

People will always find shit to complain about, despite their commonalities. They will accuse the in-group of being the out-group. They will argue about the most minor of differences, like a character's eye colour, or the deep implications of a throwaway gag in season X episode Y. Trying to protect people from dissenting views will not actually help against disagreements. And you know what? That's fine, because disagreements are fine. Show me a person who shuts out all opinions save his own, and I'll show you a hermit closed off from all human interaction.

Splitting up a community only helps it to die that much faster, as discussion quickly fades. The many stillborn subreddits of Infinitechan will tell you as much. But I doubt this will actually get through, because you seem too in love with your own rosy-eyed view of perfect fandom to actually take it on board.
>>
>>29246611
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/28965763
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/28614034
>>
>>29246634
Huh. It's weird... You aren't actually a dumbass, you just think I am, and I thought you were one until now.

Huh. Sorry, man. Yeah, fuck the idea of splitting the community infinite-chan style, I'm talking more "Can we please stop the daily dose of 'Fuck you oldfag/newfag"? That's what I actually want, for that to stop. It's a bonus if the "Fandom's over, everyone needs to STOP POSTING AND GO HOME! IT'S INEVITABLE! LOOK AT MY CHART!" idiots shut up and let the "The fandom's declining, how do we fix this and revitalize the fandom?" discuss their ideas in peace.

>>29246654
Wow, all that "Hasdrone hugbox circlejerk" meme language bullshit's been here for a while. And it STILL does nothing but encourage a lower level of discussion. Shame the thread died, but is that really qualifying as a "raged over the land" in your book? I have a REAL raged over the land in my favorites, in its own special folder for easy access, wanna see? It's the kind of shit that makes me glad I gave up on fimfic.net when I did.
>>
>>29246742
You didn't saw the thread that caused those.
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/28605948
>>
>>29246654

Nice bait
>>
>>29245937
>Edgy world. Except life is tragic and Dark Omen (alternate Twilight Sparkle) desperately wants to secretly find the Elements of Harmony and de-edgify this world.
I actually like this one. It would probably just end with the world reverting back to normal MLP and everything working out. After an appropriate number of the mane 6 meet with horrifying deaths on their way to victory, that is.

>Godmode Shitter is the Element of Magic and the rest of the mane six deal with her sociopathy and horrific actions every day. This could be tragic and realistic or comedic and "Haha, that pony will never recover!"
This would also be a great story.
>>
I don't think there are AUs in MLP. Rather, what happens is magic is a more fundamental force of nature than gravity, and even supersedes linear causality. Time in MLP is governed by magic and works like a Word document, and you can go back and change or edit whatever you want. An actor from a timeline that no longer exists is protected from paradox in the same way as if you copied a sentence and deleted the paragraph it was in, then saved. As far as the document is concerned the paragraph doesn't exist, but the sentence you copied still does.
>>
>>29246039
>it's not like Twilight is fawned over everywhere she goes for having them
>>
>>29250026
Remember when the fillies had a goddamn orgasm just from SEEING Twilight?
>>
File: 1474418323480.jpg (7KB, 200x169px) Image search: [Google]
1474418323480.jpg
7KB, 200x169px
>>29250026
>Praise the princess
>Who are those other bitches?
>No idea.
>>
our fandom will survive thanks to porn
>>
>>29251330
If the sonic fandom can survive despite the developers continuesly shitting on the franchise, then so can we.
>>
>>29246588
I had had the same thought for a long time. But the problem is, it verges on that old "Tyrantlestia" meme, which thankfully never made it past S2. Plus, it eventually became clearer that Celestia may rule the nation, but she doesn't have complete control over the world or its history; the Tree of Harmony seems to be the background force behind her and the whole Friendship force in Equestria.
>>
>>29245615
>There's an AU where Hasbro didn't fuck the entire franchise.
>It's not the proper universe.
We never deserved this.
>>
File: 1387823269815.jpg (9KB, 211x290px) Image search: [Google]
1387823269815.jpg
9KB, 211x290px
>>29245615
>in some AU FIM is made in japan and 80% of porn is censored
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.