[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miracle CYOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: 403 - Anima Curiosa.png (26KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
403 - Anima Curiosa.png
26KB, 1000x1000px
Side thread.
------------------------------------
A figure on the other side of Sarim's doorway clears its throat.
"Yes?" I ask, neither of my mes turning in his direction.
"Are you sure about this? He asks us.
The skull chatters briefly, and I translate for him. "For the hundredth time, yes."
He doesn't say anything, but I know the way he's looking at me.
"I want to know about the city. That 'bad idea' is the only lead I have."
"You are putting yourself in the kind of danger a dragon is scared of."
>>
I have no idea what this is but cammy is a good qm so bump and i will read up on this later
>>
>>29240841
I have no idea how to respond to that because I don't know what "our" plan is.
>>
>>29240841
I am also desperately confused
>>
>>29240841
Thid is some spoopy shit.
>>
>>29241743
>>29241868
"And?"
He doesn't answer.
"You don't even remember what I'll do, don't you."
"You do talk a lot and say little these days, Lud."
The skulls chatters a laugh.
"What do you want me to do. I am the voice."
"Maybe explain?"
The skull starts chattering complex formula, which I ignore. "I'll read the bad idea."
"Ah." His tone makes it clear that he's not quite there yet.
"With this machine acting as the translator." I add.
"It looks awfuly similar to all the other machines you used to try that."
"And?"
"And I expected you to make some visible changes after last time."
"There are."
"I am sure of that, yes." He nods slowly.
The skull jumps on her jaw, chattering something loudly.
"Nearly all subsystems are better than last time." I translate. "We had to ask help from the dreamers." The skull sounds displeased at that.
"And they gave it?"
"I didn't shut up until they did."
"Was that all?" He asks cautiously.
"She may have bitten someone's tail." I add hesitantly. The skull chatters a laugh again.
"That's the kind of thing why they want me to enclose you, you know. Gives the Dreamer a bad reputation."
"I am aware."
There's a moment of silence.
"So you will try again." He says tiredly.

Okay, my bad
>>
>>29241942
And again and again and again. We inherited that Ludwig tenacity from our... mom?
What the hell is the relationship between Ludwig and the fragments anyway?
>>
>>29242086
"Yes."
"And again when you fail at this."
"If."
"And again, and again, and again."
I don't answer that.
"You really take after dad."
"Do I?" I sigh, bouncing into the horn socket followed by the skull.
"Mhm. I'll go for the bucket." The shape walks away from the doorway.
There is reacting whatsoever when my blade enters her skull, the spark that once connected long since shattered, but it still allows her to interface with the translator too.
Messages scroll through our consciousness, the machine bridging a connection to us.
>System warm up: Done
>System check:
>>Memetic scanner: ok
>>Memetic synthesiser: ok
>>Coolant systems: ok
>>Buffers: all ok
>System status: all ok.
>Bridging connection:
>...
>...
>...
>Subject a not responding to pings, trying alternate methods...
>...
>...
>Subjects a b c pinged succesfully
>Initiating memetic probes.

I hold my metaphoric breath. This is where it's failed every time before, leashing back with enough feedback that there's never enough buffers to keep it from reaching us.

>Probes a through d: critical failure.
>>Mitigating feedback, stand by for discomfort...
>Probe e: success.

I have to contain a whimper.

>Initiating memetic scan...
>>Memetic structures identified. attempting translation...
>>>Translation failure. attempting sanitization...
>>>>Sanitization failure, attempting basic visual display...
>>>>>Image storage incompatible or not found.
>>Translation status: all fail.
>>Attempt raw communication?

The skull pings a yes immediately, the system awaiting for my decision.
>>
>>29242746
Press X to continue.
>>
>>29242845
There's barely any hesitation at all on my part, the machine acknowledging my ping and rumbling to activity.
I don't have a head, but it still hurts immediately.
I fight against the pain, through it, to gain focus and understand what's happening around me.
This... I am in some kind of dessert, a sun burning in the sky.
That door.
I recognize those doors and wall. Biggs' city.
I look around for the skull in near panic.
She's nowhere to be seen.
>>
>>29243063
I don't understand what is happening.
>>
>>29243063
Assuming that we're accessing a stored memory, let's explore? The path the original person took would be plain as anywhere off-path woudn't be clear in memory and therefore blurry to nonexistant. We'll need to identify a way out, too, hopefully we've got some kind of emergency out code-word or something to break the connection if trouble arises?
>>29243622
Struggling here also.
>>
>>29243622
Something.
>>
Emergency bump
>>
>>29244316
>>29243622
"Lud!" I call out for the skull, hoping that I'll hear her chattering laugh behind me.
No answer.
"Force disc--" I cut myself midcommand. what if it hurts her somehow? Or if she isn't there either when I disconnect?
Damnit.
I walk around the desert, maybe this is a memory? Where is the main character then? There's always a main character. And this desert... I dig a little into the sand. I can feel every grain.
I look in every direction. There's no empty point as far as I can see.
Whoever experienced this spent a lot of time in this precise spot.
I try to will the memory to continue, pinging the translator to accelerate the passage of time.
The sun rotates faster and faster, no moon replacing it when night reaches us.
Nothing changes at all.
There's no wind to shift the sand, nor does anything move. The figures in the distance stand rock-still no mater how many days, weeks, years pass.
"Hello?" I ask in hopes that there'll be an answer.
https://files.catbox.moe/q0div2.ogg
It hurts my ears. I step away from the figure sitting atop the stone pillar with a cry, it's voice entirely too loud.
It takes me a moment to make out the words, "How long has it been?"
>>
>>29242086
>What the hell is the relationship between Ludwig and the fragments anyway?
Ludwig was fragmented during a yet-to-be explored event that was supposed to be the end of Sacrifice.
When AJ used a machine to get Winona out of the glass ball that had her consciousness (The tower is not an hospitalary place to animals, due to their minds being too simple to work so close to Oneiros without their bodies being adjusted), the machine also reacted to a shard of Ludwig AJ had in her bag, doing the same it was doing for the ball-- restoring it to the last point in which it had had a physical body and tweaking it to better work in Oneiros. This basically replicated Lud as she had been a few minutes before the event that fragmented her.
>>
>>29246293
>>
>>29247724
>>
>>29248409
>>
>>29249443
>>
File: Duh.png (271KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Duh.png
271KB, 512x384px
>>29246920
+++ERROR- OUT OF CHEESE+++
>>
>>29250506
>>
>>29246644
Say how long it has been if we know. How do you play someone who is supposed to be a mystery?
>>
>>29253977
"How long since what? Am I supposed to know?" I ask back, making a failed effort not to shout it.
"S--"
>sh
inc-
>isinc
When I was mere decades old, I visited a history museum and wandered into an adults-only area.
No one was there, and the room was empty other than a list of names engraved into a wall and what seemed to be a chart of some sort.
A guard walked me back to father quietly, and it wasn't until I reached adulthood that I was told what the chart meant.

>in
>sagg
>int--
"Since this message was recorded." The figure continues unabashed, ignoring the cry of pain I let out at the sudden pain in my forehead.
"Message?" I struggle to make sense of this.
"Me."
It's is a long time before either of us says anything.
"What are you?" He asks.
>>
>>29254161
I'm >>29246920 apparently.
>>
>>29254161
Do you want the short version or the long version?

The long version is that I am a personality engram housed in a knife that grew out of the fragmented remains of Ludwig following a runaway magical event that essentially killed her but left pieces of who she was behind, said peices becoming me and my sister.

The short version is that I am the psionic daughter of Ludwig and a magical explosion. I get my tenacity from Mom and my tendency to utterly destroy things from Dad.
>>
File: 406 - Supervision.png (41KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
406 - Supervision.png
41KB, 1000x1000px
>>29254240
>>29254311
"I am a pony." I say automatically, then correct. "Was."
"Po-ny." The figure tastes the word, repeating it several times. "Your kind is young?"
"My kind?"
"That of pony."
"I- I don't know."
Silence falls again, "You've forgotten the age of your kind?" The voice sounds pained.
"I never knew it."
"My creator did expect things to change after the collapse..."
"What collapse?"
"You said you were a pony." He ignores my question.
"It's complicated."
"We have time."
I gulp, "I... tried to do something dangerous. Or someone who I am a fragment of tried to. I am not sure."
"What was it?"
"A... my kind has three forms."
"Three." He interrupts me, amused, "Everything goes back to that number, doesn't it."
I nod, not really understanding, "I tried to gain the strength of all three forms."
"To earn transcendence?"
"I needed the strength."
"But you haven't transcended. True transcendence is something I could notice."
"You could?"
"My kind achieved it."
I don't know how to answer that, so I continue--

>bui
>--
aah--

We walked out of our grand city, surrendered.
There was nothing left for us to do, other than waiting and looking over the machinery now.
Time passed as we stood on our monoliths, watching, watching...

>--tlñ
>
>why
>a
I let another cry of pain.
"What is that!?" I shout at him, my throat raw.
"Failures." It says quietly.
"Make them stop!" I close my eyes in pain, how much more will I be able to bear?
"I am but a fickle reflection, and never was intended to be more than that."
"So!?"
"I don't posses the tools to repair my own program. No one does."
Silence falls again.
"Do continue your story." He says.
"Take me out of here! Bring Lud back!" I shout back at him.
"Lud?"
"The other visitant is safe." He says simply.
"Where?" I try to grab a hold of my temper without much success.
"Here." He answers promptly.
>>
>>29254486
Describe here. I do not see her.
>>
>>29254861
"Describe 'here'"
"Lud!"
"In this location."
"I'd see her if she was! And even if I couldn't see her, I'd be aware of her presence somehow! She's part of me, dammit!" I shout.
"As far as I am aware--" It coughs, "As far as I am aware, I am talking with two entities functioning in rather imperfect synchrony" He waves a hand around in a gesture similar to those Biggs likes. "How would it be said in your tongue...? A skewed symphony, maybe."
"I... I don't under--

>sing
d
>as

I ask father why don't we ever hear from any people from outside our world.
He tells me they are simply too far, and that the distance grows every day.
>

>ge
>

"Ah!" I hold my head in pain, "Stop that!"
"I have already told you I can't." He says quietly. "Have you seen yourself?"
"What do you mean!?" Don't go hysteric. Try to stay calm. Ignore the burn of the sun--
Temperature should be a merely factual attribute for me. I shouldn't feel it.
I look at myself.
Clockwork hooves rest on the sand, their gears clicking quietly.
"What is this." I try to move away from them, but the only result is the hooves backpedalling. "What is happening!"
"More than a guest would be difficult to handle." He doesn't react when I fall over myself, "I provided you with what little unity I could while whitin my simulation."
I raise the hooves to watch them closely, and the skull looks back at me from the reflection in the steel, its pupils to steel-blue pinpricks.
>>
>>29252992
>>
hmm
>>
>>29257500
>>
>>29258494
>>
>>29259155
>>
>>29260542
>>
F
>>
>>29263284
>>
>>29263966
>>
>>29264932
>>
>>29263284
rip
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.