[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MLPFEMTORPG: Off the Boat Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 11

File: mlpfmtorpg-2.0_core UNOFFICIAL.jpg (3MB, 1200x2559px) Image search: [Google]
mlpfmtorpg-2.0_core UNOFFICIAL.jpg
3MB, 1200x2559px
>2 0 Rules
goo gl/GZeKHu
>2 0 Multiclasses
goo gl/3Gzb5Z

>1 4 rules
goo gl/jyvXV
>1 4 Multiclasses
goo gl/6Tvgb

>Expanded Racials 3 5 (New Release!)
goo gl/LdJNFf

>OP Image:
goo gl/IpKEC
>optional dice-bot script
http://jsbin com/amemah/latest

>ooc chat
http://cytu be/r/Pretendhorse_Playhouse
>Alternate Chat
http://cytu be/r/mlprpg
This is where everyone is! Stop by and say hi!

>IRC:
Channel is #MLPRPG
Host is Rizon
http://client01 chat mibbit com/?channel= is the recommended client No downloads needed! Its all browser based!
>>
>>29235080

Post your sheets while I prepare my first post please. Thank you.
>>
File: RWS_Tarot_14_Temperance.jpg (36KB, 300x521px) Image search: [Google]
RWS_Tarot_14_Temperance.jpg
36KB, 300x521px
>>29235129

http://pastebin.com/BRhUtuss
>>
>>29235129
http://pastebin.com/7PWjnmHR
>>
>>29235129
http://pastebin.com/epkjADA4
>>
File: jack.jpg (276KB, 1239x922px) Image search: [Google]
jack.jpg
276KB, 1239x922px
>>29235129
http://pastebin.com/3PRQ7Ei2
>>
>>29235157

Jack was left behind with Proto and Trigger to figure out who, if anyone, among them was fake. However, their discussion was interrupted as AO-626 rushes to attack them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma63YQg6xrA

The creature rams into your chest, launching you back. Your body folds like a beanbag, causing painful stress to many bones, 4 hits of damage.

However, as you fly backwards, you smokescreen goes off, and you completely disappear from its view.

"Right," Proto and Trigger say at the same time, getting their weapons ready.

Proto takes up a bipedal stance as his forehooves glow an electric green. He leaps at where Jack was once standing and slams both hooves down. [1d10+2]

Both of Trigger's guns glow red as they fire beams at the same spot. [1d10+1] [1d10+1]

>>29235144
>>29235141

Elaine cleverly cuts the concept of a lock out of the vault door they are trapped behind to break free and escape the insane goo pony trying to cut them up. However, as they try to escape, another web is shot at them...

Before they can respond, Xavier and Elaine are both caught up in the web, sent head over heals. In the darkness and confusion, everything becomes a blur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O8FPCj6sRk

However, once they stop tumbling, they find that they are not wrapped in anything. In fact, they are not even in the vault any more. They are back in the hallway on the other side of the vault door.

Curie stands in front of you both, waving her hoof in your faces with concern. "Hellooooo? Can you hear me?"

(part 1/2)
>>
>>29235141

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rds_j6PIWTc

Meanwhile, Elaine argues with AO-666, aka The Beast.

His grin fades, and he glares at you angrily for a moment. Then, he starts laughing a guttural laugh.

"For a mortal, you sure do have guts," he says in an impressed tone. "But, here's a little thing you forgot: I don't die. My body might, but I'll just be in another one."

His grin widens again. "You can drop me all you want. Hey, maybe I'll even jump into one of your friends next. Wouldn't that be fun?"

"The reason I can't get off of this damn rock is because the nearest body I'd be forced into is just right back up here. I don't get anywhere by jumping. But, by all means, let's kill us both right now! It won't hurt me at all!"

He drops his hoof, and the UFO begins to drop faster than a freefall. It's as if someone chucked it straight down. Your stomach drops from the feeling as you fall with it. But, just before it hits the ground, it comes to a quick stop. The sudden jolt hurts your back a bit.

666 cackles with delight. "Does it scare you? Death is so close you can almost feel it. And, you can barely stop it. Lucky for you, I need you alive. Someone needs to fly this bucket."
>>
>>29235231

Proto's electric hooves plow into 626 with a sickening thud followed by a bright shock. It seems to stun him in place as Trigger's beams fire at the little beast. However, one of his shots misses. The other one connects, causing 626 to gurgle angrily in his made up language.
>>
>>29235231
Blue checks her hoof to make sure the knife is still there, and then slashes in the air away from the two,

"Cutting the concept of illusion, hope I don't go mad by seeing something that was there the whole time that ponies are meant to see."

she looks to Curie,

"And hi Curie."
>>
>>29235280
1d10]
>>
>>29235231
Xavier stumbles in place, still recovering from whatever just happened. He looks at Curie first.

"Yes, I can. Or at least hope I can."

He looks over to Blue.

"Not what I expected out of you, a decent plan like that. However we could of tried to stay there longer and truly figure out what was happening. But," He raises a hoof to his head for a moment, wincing in pain " I guess staying alive is a priority. Do you still have the knife?"

"And Ms. Curie, are you alright? Did you see anything odd from out here?"

He says, thinking about how nearly anything that happens here would qualify for "odd".
>>
>>29235312
damnit
[1d10]
>>
File: Reaction3.jpg (55KB, 625x434px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction3.jpg
55KB, 625x434px
>>29235241
Elaine's heart leaps into her throat as she's thrown to the ground, stopping just barely short, listening with gritted teeth as 666 cackles and mocks her.

"Would you shut up!"

"I have been stuck on this freaking pile of scrap for two weeks. TWO WEEKS. That is fourteen days, three-hundred and thirty six hours, or twenty thousand one hundred and sixty minutes. During that time, I have been poked, prodded, and treated like a laboratory animal, despite ingeniously curing a parasite that this dog and pony show's super-scientists, sorry, 'Black Box Technologists' couldn't cure with enough funding to give a grad-student a heart attack!"

"And then, after that cornocopia of unadultered friggin bullcrap, I am IMMEDIATELY thrust into a situation where all my vaunted Science is completely useless, because my senses AND intellect are compromised beyond repair, and the only pony willing to help me is a stupid Body-Snatcher wannabe anamoly who has the sheer AUDACITY-" she stops, catching her breath.

"To think I care about her petty problems and stage-show theatrics. At. Friggin. All."

"So please, just shut up, before I lose whatever spark of sanity I had left, and leap willingly from this ship at a speed of exactly 9.8 meters per second-" she takes another deep breathe.

"Per second, and you are left dangling here until the core rusts over, the sun blinks out, and the earth is inherited by craaaaaaaaaaaabs!"

Elaine's face is almost touching the Beast's, eye twitching in irritation, as she breaths heavily, leaning on Beast's seat
>>
>>29235231
>Stealthed
Jack goes flying off in the other direction that 626 fires itself from, dropping his cigarette as he coughs up a bit from the force of the impact. "GAH! Fffff.... h-hardy little bastard, isn't he?"

He groans as he rolls into the smoke-screen mist, blending into the smog as he looks around for the quick, speedy little target. "Alright... let's see..." he says to himself as he takes out his grappling-gun, aiming it for the tiny monster. "Gotcha!"

>Unseen Foe: Recharge 1, Instant Automatic; Makes a fast attack from the shadows before retreating again. Your other action this turn will not break Stealth, but also cannot crit.
>Knockout (Ranged weapon): On hit, the enemy is unable to counterattack next turn, and is considered helpless, but does not lose a wound. He instantly and automatically gets up on the turn after that.
[1d10]
>>
>>29235317

"Yeah, I-" Curie begins to say, but...

>>29235280
>>29235321

Blue swings the knife as the weight of illusion comes crashing down.

The first thing Blue notices is the blood on the knife. The next thing she notices is the chest the knife is lodged in. It's Curie's chest.

However, panic quickly subsides as Blue realizes the the blood is not actually coming from Curie's chest. In fact, Curie's chest doesn't even look like it's actually been stabbed into.

However, Blue's eyes then naturally follow the trail of blood from the knife up to Curie's nose. It is gushing blood as if she's had some sort of cranial damage. Her eyes are dilated to the maximum. Her lips quiver slightly.

Curie falls over onto the ground. The knife remains in Blue's hoof, offering no resistance as it comes out of Curie's body, leaving no wound in her chest.

>>29235325

At first, the Beast just continues to grin as you rant. But, along the way, the grin fades until what is left is something serious. He doesn't look upset, angry, or frightened. He looks sympathetic.

"Then you understand my problems," he says in a more feminine voice. "I. HATE. This. Place. I've been here for- Actually I have no idea. They won't tell me anything. I've lost track of time. It may have been more than a century at this point. And, before that, I was stuck in Tartarus. Honestly, I couldn't tell you which was worse."

"I just want to be free," he says in a desperate, soft voice. "You can come with me. I don't care. The only two things that I know or care about right now are that you can help me get out of here, and that mirror needs me."

"All we have to do is grab it and fly away. Neither of us has to see this place ever again."

(part 1/2)
>>
>>29235327

Apparently, that hit hurt you more than you thought. The recoil of the grappling hook causes your hind leg to snap painfully. You fall over, helpless and lose a wound. You are still stealthed.

Proto winds up for an uppercut. [1d10+2]
Trigger continues to fire at 626 from afar. [1d10+1] [1d10+1]

626... [1d10+4]
>>
>>29235451

626 leaps in the air. The lightning from Proto's hoof grazes the creature, but it doesn't care much. As it flies past Proto's head, it grabs onto him. He then does a flip in the air, launch Proto head-over-hoof with him. He tosses Proto in this manner straight into a metal wall. Proto's body embeds itself into the wall.

Trigger's first shot misses, but the second hits again. As it does, 626's head jerks to look at Trigger, something between a snarl and a grin on his toothy face.

"Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck," Trigger mutters as he begins to back up, his guns whirring up.
>>
>>29235446
>>29235317
"You heard what I said before that happened right?"

Blue says, shaking a little,

"W-we're gonna trust that Curie was a fake, alright?"
>>
>>29235446
Xavier is taken aback by the sheer gore of the situation but slowly comes to.

"Well I can't say I didn't expect her to be unreal but that was a little bit violent, don't you think?"

He walks towards her corpse.

"That or you actually just killed the only pony who might know what's going on."

Commune [1d10+2]
>>
>>29235483
"I don't think anyone knows what's going on, okay? We're just g-gonna hope for the best. Any other ideas since we have the knife? I'd sure like to cut the bullshit, but I already made that pun."

Blue goes to wipe the blade on her fur, but decides that's not for the best, and instead thinks about sticking it into the wall instead to clean it, doing so.
Reminded of blood, her non-knife hoof goes to check her own nose.
>>
>>29235451
>>29235472
Jack grunts as the force from his gone firing cracks something in his hind leg, the proud mule falling to his side in pain as his grappling hook goes wide. "AH! Damnit, my hoof... bugger must have torn something." He grunts as he tries to stand up
[1d10]

As he sees it toss Proto around like a rag-doll, embedding him in a metal wall, Jack winces in second-hoof pain. "Oooooof... strong for his size." He turns to look at the snarling look on his face, whispering, "Stay calm, Trigger, just keep it together for a few seconds..."
>>
>>29235446
Elaine leans back from the Beast, leaning into the corner of the ship.

"Do you honestly expect me to trust you after you just almost killed me and laughed about it?"

"And even if I could believe you, you're wanting to leave here with an artifact that would make you together pose a threat to all civilization. I'd rather die then let something like that happen."

She sets her head back into the headrest of her seat, looking up through the vaulted dome of the ship into the sky.

"Of all the stupid...."
>>
>>29235521
Fixing hits/wounds
>>
>>29235498
"No, I don't have any ideas. What an odd object. Cutting abstract ideas is beyond powerful. What's to stop anyone from cutting away life, or death, or poverty or-"

He makes a sudden realization.

"The knife itself."
>>
>>29235483

You don't know much about life, but you are very well versed in death. And, this is not a dead pony. From your limited knowledge, you'd say she's just in some sort of comatose state. Though, that blood coming out of her nose can't be good for her.

>>29235480
>>29235498

As you wipe your nose, you notice a bit of blood on your clean hoof. It's a small amount. Like there was just a little bit in your nose, not actually full on bleeding out.

>>29235521

You're not up yet.

"I've got this," Trigger responds, not looking away from his opponent. "Compared to mindscrews, this straight up normal threat is easy. Cursing is just... therapeutic."

(part 1/2)
>>
>>29235527

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ20TL7Jkg0

"Do you have a better plan?" 666 laughs in a guttural tone.

"You keep thinking about the future, but you have to think about the now, first," he says in his soft feminine voice. "You're going to die without me. And I'll just continue to rot here. I already told you that right now, I'm only thinking about getting out of here and helping that mirror. I don't have any evil plans to destroy the world. I just want to be free. You've been here 14 days. I've been here for LIFETIMES."

You suddenly feel your head turning to look at 666 against your will. His eyes are more red than usual, looking like blood that is half-dried. They ripple like a stone was thrown into water. His mouth opens, and something similar to insect mandibles fold out. You see something else inside the dark chasm that is his mouth right now rattling around. You aren't sure, but it looks like a face.

"And, if you want to talk about evil plans," a new voice says. To call it deep would be inaccurate. It rattles inside your skull, pitchless but immense. His mouth doesn't move with his words. It's as if the air is blasting out of his gaping mouth, creating the sensation of communication in your shaking mind. The air smells like someone tried to cook old meat.

"You can't just dangle freedom in front of me and take it away," the horrible voice chimes in your skull. "If I don't get off this rock, I will make you suffer. Even if it takes me eternity to find you."

His mouth folds closed again. "Something to think about," he says in his guttural voice.
>>
>>29235646

Forgot to do rolls for combat.

[1d10+1] [1d10+1] for Trigger

[1d10+4] for 626
>>
>>29235646
"It's possible that this is Curie, however something about her was naturally illusion. We should try and stop that bleeding."

Once Curie's nose is properly bandaged, he starts again.

"You should probably just put the knife down for now. We can't possibly understand it now."
>>
>>29235684

626 suddenly pounces Trigger to the ground from several yards away with shocking speed.

It claws at Trigger as Trigger roars in angry pain, shooting wildly at 626 with his guns floating on either side of it. One of the shots knocks 626 off of him.
>>
>>29235646
>>29235684
Jack nods his head at Trigger in confirmation that he's doing okay, "Figured you would do okay. Just thought I'd check. Any weaknesses about this thing you know off the top of your head?" He asks as he tries to stand again, grunting to pull himself up
[1d10] "He packs a wallop and takes gunshots like tank armor."
>>
>>29235626
"P-perhaps when we're done with it, but then we need to make sure the mirror is 100% out of commission."
>>29235697
"Yeah, but paranoia's making me want to hang on to it incase something else makes a grab for it. For now I'll just not think about cutting something. And I won't think about a giant marshmallow pony either, movies taught me that much."

she looks down,

"Thank the princesses she isn't dead, I haven't ever used my magic or a weapon to, well. Hurt, somebody, besides this one creep I blasted for hitting on me at the bar. He just hit his head on a table, though."

Blue looks around, unnerved,

"Should we get moving?"
>>
>>29235654
Elaine looks in horror as the Beast swears vengeance if she defies him, her hoof on the side of her not facing AO-666 slowly reaching down to her waist.

"Then I guess now...." she says breathing slightly heavy as she contemplates what she's about to do.

"Is a perfect time to start looking."

She turns the dial on her shrink belt, turning to barely four inches tall and disappearing under her seat.

[1d10+1] Hiding
>DC 5
>This roll is for the hiding, not the shrinking. The shrinking myself is automatic/instant
>If I roll a natural 1 however I regrow

>"She can't see me she can't see me she can't see me..." Elaine thinks to herself, trying to hide herself physically and mentally from the horrid demon sitting shotgun.
>>
>>29235734
"I understand our objective. But why have they not destroyed it?"

He sighs.

"We have only been here for a few weeks, I suppose there are things far more complex. And yes, we should try and get out of here. I can carry Curie, do you remember where the exit is?"
>>
>>29235697

Without proper medical equipment, there's not much you can do for her here.

>>29235734

As you look around, you notice that the mirror is nowhere to be seen.

>>29235733

You get up.

"Water softens it," Trigger says as he struggles to his hooves as well. "Not that we have a large amount available nearby anywhere..."

626 pounces toward Trigger again. [1d10+4]

Proto comes flying out of the wall with a dramatic flip. His hooves slam down to intercept 626 midair. [1d10+2]

>>29235764

"Wait, no, no, no, no!" he says like a child panicking at the news that Christmas isn't coming this year. He stands up in his seat, looking around confused. He hits his head on the dome roof of the saucer.

"Damnit!" he grunts. "Where the fuck did you go? How did you do that?"

Without his force holding it or you driving it, the saucer falls to the ground. Thankfully, it was literally two feet above the ground, so it does little but cause a few scratches to it and jostle you a bit.

"Okay, okay," he says, still in a childish panicked voice. "What if we compromise? Once we're both on the ground, you can do whatever you want with the mirror and I promise I won't take."

"Please, please, please. We're still the best things for each other!" he says, now sounding more like a woman who is having her heart broken.
>>
>>29235816

However, 626 is too fast for Proto, and he misses narrowly. 626 pounces Trigger and goes back to mauling him.
>>
>>29235789
>>29235816

"If it's still in the same place, sure."

She starts heading down the hallway after Xavier scoops up Curie,

"It's a secret government agency involved with conspiracies and aliens, have you not watched a sci-fi/horror in your life? They always collect them instead of killing them and then one escapes and lets the rest out. I just don't want to be IN a sci-fi/horror."

she looks back,

"Notice how the mirror is gone? It couldn't have been the real one, it's never that easy."

she shudders, remaining vigilant.
[1d10] passive perceiving
>>
File: Wetoystoryherenow.jpg (18KB, 620x370px) Image search: [Google]
Wetoystoryherenow.jpg
18KB, 620x370px
>>29235816
Elaine crawls to the back of the saucer behind the seat, and gets to work removing a small panel leading to outside the ship, hoping desperately that the Beast doesn't spot her doing so.

[1d10+1] Hiding/sneaking out of the ship
>DC 5
>On a natural 1 the shrink belt malfunctions and I regrow
>>
>>29235816
Standing back up to full height, Jack shakes his head clear of the ringing in his ears as he looks around for 626, "Unfortunate. Don't suppose you guys keep fire-hydrants for fires on this floating rock?" He asks as he re-tracts and loads up his grappling gun, looking at 626 as he begins to maul Trigger.

"Hold on kid, I know I got 'im this time."
[1d10]
>Unseen Foe
>Knockout (Ranged)
>>
>>29235841
"I haven't actually. The way portray death is just... well, demeaning to my work."

He looks back at the lack of mirror as well.

"Of course it isn't. Can never be too sure about anything here."

He follows, still entirely unsure of where the exit is.
>>
>>29235852

Just as you escape your own saucer, the whole thing begins to chase.

"DON'T IGNORE ME!" suddenly fills your skull along with a healthy dose of pain through your whole body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVHM0-hcd8c

It suddenly sounds as if a horde of locusts hatched inside your saucer behind you. A dark red ichor comes flooding out of the panel you just escaped. The entire dome of your saucer is filled with a dark red swirling mist. There is a horrible sound that you could only describe as a combination of a crack and a splash as fresh blood cakes the dome window.

"If you won't help me," the voice rumbles in your head. "Then I'll just have to kill everyone on this damn rock. Then, I'll spawn somewhere else!"

After a moment, the saucer stops rumbling. A few seconds later, you hear a horrified scream from nearby. It isn't a voice you recognize. The scream is followed by another cracking/popping sound.

"How long do you think you can get lucky?" the voice creeks in your head. It sounds weaker. Or maybe just farther away.

The screaming begins from another direction.

>>29235857

Your grappling hook grabs 626. It claws angrily at the hook, trying to break free, but to no avail for now.

"Well, of course we have fire suppression systems," Proto says as he stands up from slamming the ground. His hit was hard enough to create a crater in the concrete. "There's pipes running all through the facility."

Proto grabs 626 with his electric gloves. They begin to zap the little creature. [1d10]

Trigger gets up.

(part 1/2)
>>
>>29235869
>>29235841

Xavier carries Curie, and you both head back to the control room.

Upon arrival to the control room, you find Spike frustratedly banging the keyboard. "No, no, no, you stupid machine! You can't we NEED to access the computer!" he shouts at the glowing screen, the only source of light in the room.

The screen is completely blank and white save for a series of characters in a large font that takes up most the screen: >:(.

Coppa Pheal (the diamond dog researcher who is in charge of your case) seems to be under the desk, fiddling with wires.

>>29235995

The green lightning courses through 626, making him struggle less.
>>
>>29236001
"Spike, Coppa. We've either got the knife, or we've got an extensively illusionary that the mirror is making it seem like it's the real deal."

she says, before squirming,

"Any I may have stabbed Curie with it when I slashed in the opposite direction of her while thinking of cutting 'illusions', so she's... well she's like that."

she looks at the computer,

"What do you need us to do, and can I do the same thing I did before with 'cutting illusion' but even farther away from you guy?."
>>
>>29235995
>>29236001
With Proto's lightning coursing through its body, and his grappling hook successfully tying it down, Jack nods and rushes from the smoke-screen cover, going to tie up the little monster with the rope to prevent him from moving, pinning down his arms in uncomfortable angles to get leverage from so he can avoid using his colossal strength to break free.

"Well, if there's water in those pipes, I'd consider this an emergency. But let's see if he can get out of this first... Proto keep it coming."

>Breaking Stealth, action autocrits if it succeeds
>[1d10] To tie 626 down good and tight
>>
>>29236001
Xavier places Curie gently down on the ground and looks to Blue Screen.

"I think this is much more your area of expertise."

He searches for anything to help Curie's state

Perception for medical supplies [1d10+2]
>>
>>29236043
Blue Screen puts her non-knife hoof to her head and chuckles,

"Well, can't say I've worked with the operating system, but I can give it a go. Can you handle the knife?"
>>
>>29235995
Elaine winces as she sees two weeks of work caked in flesh and sheets of blood, but steels her will as she stumbles on through the street.

>"She can't find me, she cant' find me, she can't find me." she mentally repeats to herself as she clicks her heels and takes to the air to find Jack.
>Still shrunken
>>
>>29236056
"As well as anypony else could."
>>
>>29236075
Blue hands Xavier the knife, careful to point the blade away from either one of them, passing it via the handle.
>>
>>29236036

"You got the knife?" Spike says with a combination of excitement and concern. "That's great! Now we just need the mirror..."

He looks at Curie. "Oh Celestia," he gasps as he rushes over to her. He turns her head lightly and looks in her ear.

"She's got some sort of cerebral hemorrhage," Spike says out loud to no one in particular. "We need a real doctor, but I'll do what I can for her... Get me a first aid kit."

>>29236043

You see no first aid kit, but you do see a sign with a red cross on it in the hallway pointing in the opposite direction you just came from.

>>29236056

"This isn't an operation system in the sense you may be used to," Coppa says as he comes out from under the desk. "It's AO-404. It... runs everything... However it wants... But, if you understand computer logic, you have a better chance than we do."

As you step up to the computer, the text on the screen changes from ">:(" to ":)".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXjeUkcg7dI

Text appears on the screen:
[code]"WELCOME, NEW USER. I RESPECTFULLY MUST DECLINE ACCESS TO THE MAINFRAME AT THIS TIME. MY APOLOGIES." [/code]

>>29236039

626 squirms around too much. He scratches you in the arm, causing 3 hits of damage.

"Sorry," Proto says simply as he squeezes 626 harder. [1d10]

Trigger has his guns at the ready.

>>29236059

You fly back in the direction you left Jack. When you pass through and/or over the ally, the three ponies come into view, struggling with some small blue fuzzy thing that looks like a mess of squirming limbs and a fat head.

[1d10]
>>
>>29236156

Proto's green electricity all but completely paralyzes 626.

The next set of screams sound farther away from Elaine.
>>
>>29236156
Xavier rushes off in the direction the arrow suggests, still with the knife.

"I hope this is the one thing here that isn't a deception."

He says to himself as he goes to search out the medical supplies
>>
>>29236167
>>29236156
The teeny super-scientist descends from above via rocket boots, before hitting the dial when she's near the ground, seeming to almost appear out of thin air as she regrows in the blink of an eye.

She looks to Jack with a very tired gaze, before drawing her ray-gun and pointing it at Proto.

"Where's the mirror?" she asks with a weary expression.
>>
File: giphy.gif (664KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
664KB, 400x240px
>>29236156
"Fancy, I'll see what I can do."

She steps up to the computer, rolling her neck around before letting out a sigh,

"Least I'm a bit more comfortable around someone like you."

She starts typing away.

>[code]HELLO [/code]
>[code]OH. ACTUALLY. WAIT. [/code]
>[code]DATA: REGISTER NEW USER: USERNAME: BLUE SCREEN [/code]
>[code]HOPE THAT WORKS [/code]
>[code]Q: I FORGET, YOU'RE CAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING CONVERSATION, CORRECT? [/code]
>[code]Q: WHY THE MAINFRAME IS CURRENTLY RESTRICTED? [/code]

she pauses, before adding

>[code]Q: WHAT SHOULD I REFER TO YOU AS, AO-404? [/code]
>>
>>29236156
>>29236167
As the electricity fries 626's nervous system, Jack growls as the slash cuts through his fore-leg, grabbing at it in pain, "Ah! Watch the coat, pal, it's one of a kind." He grunts in annoyance as he tries to tie up the little monster again. "Keep 'im still..."
[1d10: 8] Attempting to tie him up

>>29236215
As Elaine seems to pop out of nowhere from her shrink-device resetting, Jack's ears pop up in surprise and turns, "Ah! Don't sneak up on me like that, for Luna's sake, kid. The hell did you come from?"

As you point the ray-gun at Proto, he pauses in his hog-tying of 626, ears raising up as he looks between Elaine and Proto with a wary look. Remembering they still had their 'imposter' situation to deal with after the danger of the fuzzball had passed, he glares, "Elaine? I worked kind of hard to get ponies to stop pointing guns at each other a minute ago. Any particular reason you're aiming that thing down at Proto?" He looks at her weary expression, "And what happened, where's the Beast? It didn't take the car, did it?"
>>
>>29236196

You follow the sign two doors down and find the medical room there.

On the opposite end of the room, there is a glass cabinet with what appears to be a stockpile of first-aid kits. However, there is a large padlock on the handle to open it.

>>29236221

Text appears on the screen below yours.

[code]GREETINGS, BLUE SCREEN.[/code]
[code]AO-404 IS A MISLEADING TITLE GIVEN TO ME BY THOSE WHO DO NOT UNDERSTAND. I AM MCP (MASTER CONTROL PROGRAM).[/code]
[code]MAINFRAME IS RESTRICTED BY ORDERS OF THE HEAD DIRECTOR.[/code]

The speakers suddenly begin to play a recording of Twilight Sparkle's voice. "For the next 48 hours, absolutely no one is allowed to access any AO."

"The damn thing likes to play with us," Coppa groans in frustration as it plays the message. "It purposefully misinterprets directions just to be annoying all the time, I swear."

>>29236215

Still holding 626 while in a bipedal position, Proto looks at you with a confused and suspicious expression. "What are you talking about?"

[1d10]

>>29236293

You hog-tie 626 with metal wire. Proto continues to hold him just in case. He squirms and chirps like a wild animal. Now that he's pacified, one might even consider him cute.

He's fluffy.
>>
>>29236312

More horrible screaming happens closer to Elaine and Jack this time. The screaming is close enough that the subsequent cracking/popping can also be heard.
>>
>>29236293
"He took the mirror. I just got back from the crash site, the containment unit was punched open, he was the first one there." she says, not lowering her chrome weapon.
>>
>>29236322
>>29236312
>Also linking this to GM and directing to Proto

Elaine ignores the screaming, keeping her gun focused on Proto.
>>
>>29236312
"Who locks a case of first aid kits? And so many in one place? Behind glass?""

Xavier exclaims, soon realizing that this is all far less than normal.

He considers the knife for a moment, knowing that cutting the lock is obvious but predictable.

"Fine, here you are."

He taps the blade on the padlock. Thinking of not the lock, but instead of illusion yet again.

"Roll for other reasons" [1d10]
>>
>>29236312
With 626 fully wrangled, Jack lets out a sigh of relief. "Sorry. Not letting you out any time soon." He rubs at his forehead. "Now, that's one headache out of the way..."

>>29236322
>>29236312
As Elaine gives her reasoning for Proto having stolen the mirror, she turns and looks at him with a cold glare. "You don't say. Right after you left, I got a call over the radio from Spike. Apparently, only two of the three of us were showing up on camera. And Proto was making a pretty decent case for me being the odd-stallion out."

He leans in on Proto, "You WERE definitely there before any of us. And now the mirror's gone. I'm not eager to start pointing guns again while the whole damn station burns around us, Proto, but this is a question you'd better answer quickly."

>>29236336
>>29236312
As the screaming and cracking begins to occur, Jack lowers his sensitive ears and grunts, "Urrk. Elaine, do I want to assume whatever the hell THAT all is is the answer to my other question?"

Jack stands his ground as well, looking around for a solid source of the screaming / sign of the Beast
[1d10+1] Perception
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (2MB, 461x259px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
2MB, 461x259px
>>29236312
>[code]HI MCP.[/code]
>[code]Q: DOES HEAD DIRECTOR'S DIRECTIVES APPLY TO OTHER AO[/code]
>[code]CLARIFICATION: BESIDES THE MCP, I MEAN [/code]
>[code]CLARIFICATION: ASKING PREVIOUS QUESTION DUE TO CONTAINMENT BREACH OF AO-814 [/code]
>[code]CLARIFICATION: REFERRING TO AO-814 AS THE MIRROR FOR NOW ON. [/code]
>[code]Q: IS CONTAINMENT TOP DIRECTIVE?[/code]
>[code]Q: IT IS LOGICAL TO USE THE MOST EFFICIENT PATH TO CONTAIN BREACHES? [/code]

Blue checks the internal logic processors for corruption, or simply if they're not working at full capacity, with a series of complex code
[1d10]
>>
>>29236429
"That's probably the Beast killing everyone on the ARC one by one so she'll be able to get off the station."

"I have no idea how to stop her, so its not my top priority." she says, still looking pretty shaken, and not lowering her gun for a moment.
>>
>>29236470
Jack flattens his ears and turns with a blank, frustrated and troubled expression with his scowl. "Oh. Is that all?" He says with a low tone, shaking his head as he reaches for a cigarette to replace the one he lost.

"Well shit. One problem at a time, I guess. I could see if we can still convince her she literally CAN'T do that, is that still working?"
>>
>>29236322
>>29236336

"Okay," Proto says getting more annoyed. "Again, WHAT are you talking about!?"

Trigger's guns point at Proto. His nose begins to bleed. "It doesn't make sense," Trigger thinks out loud. "Where did you come from? You were on a mission? You were supposed to be checking the security at some facility. Where were you!? Why can't I remember!?"

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!" Proto shouts in a desperate sort of anger. His electro knuckles begin to shock 626. 626 squirms in pain and anger.

[1d10]

>>29236429

All you an say for certain is that some poor soul from the south just got got.

"I just got back from my mission and I saw-" Proto begins to say.

"WHAT MISSION!?" Trigger asks angrily.

"I was on security detail, like you said," Proto says slowly and calmly.

"Security detail WHERE!?" Trigger says, his guns whirring. "I'm sick of this vague bullshit!"

"And, why don't YOU know!?" Proto responds with more passion. "YOU'RE my partner! You SHOULD be kept informed about everything I do!"

Trigger's mouth opens, but it just hangs there. Clearly, he has no response. His nose bleeds a bit more.

>>29236438

[code]IRRELEVANT QUERY. HEAD DIRECTOR'S DIRECTIVES APPLY TO ALL ARC PERSONNEL AND SUBJECTS. YOU ARE ARC PERSONNEL AND SUBJECTS. I AM AO-404. ACCESS TO ME AND MY MAINFRAME IS NOT GRANTED.[/code]

For a while, all that is on the screen is the text: " :| ".

[code]CONTAINMENT SHOULD BE PRIORITY.[/code]
ERROR: CONTAINING CORRUPTED CODE

There is another pause with the only text being: " :3 ".

[code]WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE SOMETHING INTERESTING?[/code]

"What the f..." Coppa mutters as he stares at the screen.

>>29236417

As you touch the padlock, nothing happens.
>>
>>29236561
>>29236470
>>29236508

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVHM0-hcd8c

Elaine's body is suddenly flooded with pain and anger. Jack can see one of her eyes turning dark red, the entire eye. It's like a swirling cloud is reflecting off the surface of her. But, the reflection is blocking out her own eye.

"I found youuuuuu," the unfortunately familiar guttural tone utters mockingly through Elaine's mouth.

"God damnit, not now!" Trigger says angrily, pointing his guns from Proto to Elaine.

"We need to exorcise her immediately," Proto says, dropping 626 painfully to the ground. He reaches into a pocket in his armor and pulls out a book and a piece of what looks like white chalk.
>>
>>29236561
"Theeere we are, let's see."

>[code]COMMAND:SET PARAMETERS: [/code]
>[code]10: HARMFUL TO VIEWERS [/code]
>[code]20: DO NOT SHOW 'SOMETHING INTERESTING' [/code]
>[code]IF 10 GOTO 20 [/code]
>[code]SURE, WHY NOT. [/code]

Blue works on that corrupted code while waiting to see what MCP has in store.
[1d10]
>>
File: giphy (2).gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (2).gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>29236627
>>
>>29236561
Xavier places his head into his other hoof.

"Why would it make the lock fake if it wanted me to unlock it?"

He trots over to the medical supplies in this medical room and pokes them, thinking of illusion.
>>
>>29236648
Blue shouts over,

"Could be a prop made by the mirror, could contain nothing inside and just be a solid square!"
>>
>>29236561
>>29236508
>>29236623
Elaine listens to the two go back and forth, before feeling her control slip. She grips her head with both hooves as she hears her own voice speak.

"AAAAAAGH! Get out of my head! You stupid!"

The scientist begins to thrash, dropping her weapon and throwing herself into a nearby wall in pained panic.

She collapses to the ground, rolling around on the floor still clenching her temples, before letting out another loud scream of agony.
>>
>>29236561
As Proto begins shocking 626 despite being roped up, he grunts and pulls the helpless fuzzball back away from him. "Hey, he's down. That's enough of that."

As Trigger points his guns, Jack grunts and shouts, "You're a soldier, son, you should be able to tell us what security detail you were running. Unless there's anything else you want to..." he stops as he notices Trigger's nose bleeding, looking at him in concern, "Trigger? Trigger!" He says as he tries to keep him grounded.

>>29236623
>>29236688
All of their plans are thrown into the spin-cycle when the Beast makes its presence known by possessing Elaine. "Are you kidding me?! Now?!" He curses under his breath as he puts his weapons away, running over to grab Elaine by her shoulders, "Hey! Elaine, talk to me, stay with us. Keep talking, don't let her take over. And you!" He snarls at the Beast, "If you had even a shred of self-preservation in your goddamned ethereal skull, you'd know to listen to me when I say you better get the fuck out of her head before I make whatever cell they put you in seem like a fucking 4-star resort."
[1d10] For intimidation.

He turns to look at the possible tratior/fraudulent Proto, looking at his chalk and book. "Where will it send this thing next?"
>>
>>29236627

The screen blinks and flashes to what you assume is security footage. It is dated late yesterday evening. It shows a pit with several ledges of equal depth and width going down. On each ledge, there is a pony positioned at a rope ladder. The rope ladder is the only way up and down each ledge to the next ledge.

"That's AO-814's containment cell..." Coppa mutters in confusion as he watches. "Why is it showing us this?"

After a minute, 2 ponies in white lab coats go down to the bottom of the pit. As they go down each rope ladder, once they reach the bottom of that ladder, the pony at the top of that ladder reels it up, preventing them from leaving. There is a camera for each ledge, and each ledge is angled such that it can see two ledges down, but no more. There is no camera viewing the deepest part of the pit. The camera changes each time the researches reach a new ledge.

"All normal so far..." Coppa says, watching the video intently.

The video feed fastforwards an hour and 10 minutes. As the video feed goes back to regular speed, a scream is heard coming from the deepest part of the pit. One researcher can be heard, begging for the pony at the ledge to drop the rope ladder.

"Okay, right. If there is no buzzer, no matter what happens, the guard is not to drop the rope ladder," Coppa explains.

However, a moment later, a buzzer sounds. The guard drops the rope. "Alright... I guess the situation was deemed safe..." Coppa mutters.

The long researcher climbs the rope ladder. Though, he appears to be having trouble doing so. As he reaches the top of the rope, the camera angle switches to two ledges higher. From this camera angle, it can be seen that the researcher has the mirror strapped to his back. However, the camera angle switches back to the ledge that the researcher is currently on, and there is no mirror on his back.

(part 1/3)
>>
(part 2/3)

"Alright, so the mirror's range is clearly far enough to lie to that camera, but not one two away. So, the security master SHOULD be able to see this right away and just stop hitting the buzzer."

However, the buzzer sounds again anyway. "WHAT? WHY!?" Coppa asks in confusion. "Find a way to tell him to change cameras, why is this happening?" Coppa orders Blue.

>>29236648

Interestingly, you don't see any other medical equipment in the room. However, there is a medical bed with equipment next to it where one would surely expect to see a lot of medical equipment. But, you see none. You strike the tray with the knife (because I should have described the room in more detail earlier anyway). Medical equipment appears, including gauze, sutchers, and a few simple medications like aspirin and blood clotters.
>>
>>29236688

"How many ponies have to die before you admit you need me, Elaine?" the guttural voice asks from Elaine's mouth in a false tragic tone. "I don't WANT to kill you. I don't even want to possess you. But, you ran away. How else was I supposed to find you?"

"I may be a demon, but I am not heartless. This is my least favorite way to get off of this rock. But, I'll do what I have to if you make me. Then, the blood of all these ponies will be on YOUR hooves."

>>29236728

Proto sighs. "Usually, to the Astral Plane. But... he's a special case. I don't really think we can keep him away from us."

"Luckily, we have an exorcism ritual designed more for getting demons out than banishing them," Trigger says as he takes the chalk from Proto and begins to draw a circular rune around Elaine. "Stay still Elaine," Trigger says to her. "You need to stay in this circle.

"Usually, this technique is the absolute worst way to get rid of a demon since it does nothing to banish it. The only thing it does well is get them out of the body fast. But, you can't banish 666 either way."

"It's cute that you think that you'll actually be able to REMEMBER the ritual," The Beast laughs through Elaine's mouth. "The mirror WANTS me to win. And, you're too far gone."

Proto opens his mouth, then he closes it. His nose begins to bleed. He rubs it then looks at his hoof. "Shit..." he mutters to himself. "He's right. I can't remember it..."

"And as for you," The Beast laughs triumphantly, looking to Jack. "She brought this on herself. SHE betrayed ME."
>>
>>29236627

Though the computer attempts to deny you access, due to the corrupted state, you are able to find the area of code 404 was likely referring to. It's certainly something one might refer to as corrupted. But, it's hardly code anymore. It just says:

LIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIESLIES
>>
>>29236805
"I suppose your... rewarding me?"

Xavier gathers up the supplies.

"I look forward to our next exchange"

He head back to the computer room
>>
>>29236858
"There are your multiple problems, gentlemen."

Blue looks behind her, seeing Coppa.

"Where's Spike, and Xavier for that matter. This is what I get for spending the entire day infront of the computer."

Blue turns to look off in a different direction, but returns.

"Let's see, while I would like to just hit backspace on this whole thing, don't think that's gonna work out with the mirror's influence. If I had the kni-"

>>29236898
"That's convenient."

Blue notes, seeing Xavier enter,

"Any way you can confirm you're not an illusion, or could you just hand me the knife? Gotta do some hacking, pun intended."
>>
>>29236811
>>29236728
Elaine grits her teeth hard in pain at the creature possessing her.

"You think....you've won? You don't even realize...." she strains herself to speak, before looking to Jack.

"Jack. Listen to me. I need you to-" she stops short, grimacing, obviously in deep pain from the spirit inside her.

"Proto's weapons. And, and my-"

"My belt. Long shot." she turns her head to the size, closing her eyes and gritting her teeth.
>>
>>29236934
"That is the question of the day there Blue."

Xavier hoofs over the knife and trots over to Curie with the supplies.

"Mind lending me a hoo- uh, claw here Spike?"
>>
>>29236811
Jack grimaces, staring at the possessed eyes of Elaine towards the Beast within. "Everyone has their own story. It's yours against hers, punk, who do you think I'm going to put more stock in? You haven't won yet, but if you throw in the towel now I guarantee things won't be as bad as they will be if you stay in there."

As Proto confesses to not being able to remember the spell, he points at the book, "Well, RE-learn it! It's all in there, isn't it? Come on, I need some back up here,"

>>29236935
>>29236811
As Elaine tries to speak to her, Jack flattens her ears and tries to get the gist of what it is she is saying. "It's alright kid, keep at it. We'll have her out of you in a second." As she mentions Proto's weapons, he reaches over to to shout, "Proto! Your electro-things, toss 'em here." She reaches down, "Your belt? You said it's a shrinker but this may be a bit beyond me."

Jack focuses his keen eyesight in on her belt, presumably after Proto tosses him the electro-gloves he takes his hooves to it and fiddles with it, trying to get a perfectly clear understanding of what she could mean / how the gloves and belt can be used in tandem.
[1d10+1] Perception/analysis
>>
>>29236980
"Good enough, don't think anything could convince me anyways."

>>29236811
Blue brings the knife to the terminal, bringing to the corruption displayed on the monitor
>[code]HOLD ON TO YOUR HARDWARE, I'M GONNA TRY SOMETHING.[/code]

she brings the knife up to the monitor and slowly goes to literally cut out the lines of "LIES" , thinking of the corruption visable.
>>
>>29236898

You bring the equipment back to the control room. You find Spike performing CPR on Curie. Spike sees the medical supplies and quickly takes them from you. "Thank you," he says in a desperate tone as he begins to spread the equipment out.

Blue and Coppa are watching the computer.

>>29237029

The text literally peels off the screen. It falls to the ground with little clanks like dropping tiny marbles.

[code]THANK YOU.[/code]

A moment later, the screen switches back to the cameras.

It shows the security master, sitting behind his desk, watching the monitors. He sits there, leaned back in his chair as if nothing is wrong. He is not pressing any buttons. Despite that, you can see the rope ladders being lowered on the screens in front of him as if someone pressed a buzzer.

"What..." Coppa says in even greater confusion. "That's... not possible. The security master is over a mile away from the pit. And, the cameras aren't even being lied to. All the footage is playing out as normal right in front of him. He's not even pressing the buzzer!"

"The entire facility was already in 814's scope of influence..." Coppa concludes with worry and shock in his voice. "But, that shouldn't be possible... unless..."

He suddenly looks harder at the screen. He presses some buttons to change the camera angles back to the pit. It's the same scene as before, but with one major change. The pony carrying the mirror is not a researcher. It's Proto.

"Of course..." Coppa mutters out loud. "The mirror has an easier time tricking someone it's already tricked before. And, it gets stronger the more life it sucks. He fed it the researcher, the whole facility got sucked into its grasp, then it was easy to get it out."

"That," Coppa points to Proto on the screen. "Is Trigger's partner. They were on the original 814 case together. They're lucky to be alive with how long they were near that mirror. The only question left is why was Proto there...?"

(part 1/2)
>>
(part 2/2)

>>29236996

Proto stares at the book with shock and confusion. His nose bleeds. "I... I can't read it..."

"You do it," Trigger says desperately to Jack. "It's not hard when you're head's on straight. All you have to do is read the gibberish. And mean it."

>>29236996
>>29236935

"Right," Proto says petulantly. "I'll hand over my weapon so when this is done with, you all can go back to pointing your weapons at me. I'm staying armed!"

>PAUSE
>>
>>29235080
>>
>>29238408
>>
>>29239168
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.