[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else coming to Ponycon 2017 in New Jersey? I'm curious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: Ponycon-logo-2017-oval-750-1.png (14KB, 750x179px) Image search: [Google]
Ponycon-logo-2017-oval-750-1.png
14KB, 750x179px
Anyone else coming to Ponycon 2017 in New Jersey?
I'm curious if we could arrange any /mlp/ meetups and stuff
>>
>>29233648
If it wasn't for the fact that the distance between Newark airport and the hotel is nearly an hour drive I would have considered it. It's probably a damn good local con for sure, but I'm gonna save my money for Babs.

Have fun though and say hi to Crowne Prince for "WeimTime"
>>
>>29233648
>New Jersey
Who thought this would be a good idea?
>>
>>29233795
It's a a pretty nice hotel. I mean, honestly Bronycon has their event in Baltimore. It doesn't really get much worse than that. May as well have it in Detroit...
>>
>>29233648
>going to conventions
remove yourself at once
>>
>>29233648
I planned to go back in September as staff. School semester starts mid this month though, and its my priority. I'll save for the summer cons.
>>
>>29233905
Cons are actually popular on /mlp/. There are often multiple threads at a time during Bronycon for meetups.
>>
>>29233648
I didn't know there was a con in NJ. I could probably drive to it within a few hours. hmm...
>>
>>29233648
I'm only a 5 or 6 hour car ride away but I'm not sure if I want to go
I mean, I want to go but I've never shown my power level before and I've always associated cons with hundreds of fat and smelly losers packed in a room and that video of a ""rave"" at a convention a few years ago has scarred me
>>
>>29234423
Where and when does Bronycon take place?
>>
>>29235236
Baltimore
Early July
>>
>>29233648
sadly can't make it, never been to a con, could have gone to the first two Bronycons but I pussied out, now I don't have nearly the money to go to a con at this point.

A message to all in this thread who aren't sure if they want to go to a con, if you can, do, if you don't you might regret it for years to come like I do.
>>
>>29235308
Fuck. I'm in San Diego.
Are there any cons near me?
Except ComicCon of course
>>
>>29234434
I'll think about going. It really depends on how the schedule looks when it's posted.
This is also a bump.
>>
>>29233795

Bronycon 2012 was in Secaucus and it was probably the best con they ever have, and ever will host.

>>29233816

For real, so many niggers especially late at night. I've read plenty of stories of muggings and I personally was tired of dealing with bums outside the con begging for money.
>>
>>29233648
>paying money to stand in a line for hours next to sweaty neckbeards who don't bathe cross dressing as their waifu
I'll pass thanks.
>>
>>29234423
>Going to Bronycon unironically
W E W
>>
>>29235319
You just missed one nearby
>>
>>29236298
>being a fan of MLP unironically

W E W
>>
>>29236208
Anything you're looking for in particular?
(I'm putting the schedule together right now)
>>
>>29233648
if i was there
>>
>>29236538
I just want to eyeball Saturday. It's likely that's the only day I can make it. So in reality it probably won't affect my going since I seem to be talking myself into it.
>>
Just one bump.
>>
>>29233648
Oh man I actually live near it. i could get some binoculars and watch neckbeards in sweaty suits prancing around in the comfort from my distance.
>>
>>29238348
Don't forget your surveillance catsuit.
>>
I have trouble finding someone to go with, is going to a con alone a bad experience?
>>
>>29236268
Haha, okay, storytime.

In 2012 I was working in a business that, among other things, had a couple of volunteer firefighters in it. Mostly they were "on duty" outside of working hours, but every once in a while they'd get called out when all hands were needed. Boss was cool with it - it was a small business, they were good workers, always made up their lost hours, etc...

So Bronycon 2012 rolls around. I talked with them fairly often, and one mentions the weekly briefing at the FD mentioned this fan convention coming up. I interrogate him a bit more - subtly, nobody had any clue about my horsefuckery - and realize he has no idea what MLP is or what it was about.

So the day comes, and lo and behold that light catches fire and they evacuate the place. He gets called out, because the way firefighters work is call everybody and send them home if they aren't needed.

He walks back into the office with the most completely mind-blown, shellshocked look on his face. Now, we weren't allowed phones in the office so nobody knew what had happened - we thought people had died horribly or something. Nope - just turns out he had been exposed to the full bore early fandom all at once.

>Cosplayers in 'sexy' costumes
>Male cosplayers in 'sexy' costumes
>Autists and retards everywhere - he mentioned one bunch that simply wouldn't get the fuck out of the firefighters' way
>Lewd art all over the place
>People unironically using "everypony", "somepony", "I'll trot over there", etc.
>>
Im going you cucks.
08817 here. Id like to meet some fellow autists from here.
>>
>>29238514
I used to be an 08087, but now I'm not.

Seriously though guys, let's meet up or something. Bring your 4CC scarves if you have em.
>>
File: 1456617505769.png (300KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1456617505769.png
300KB, 700x700px
>tfw when you're completely willing to do the 4hr drive but too socially retarded to even think about showing your face in public
>>
>>29238553
You'd be amongst friends. Probably.
>>
>>29238537
Im only going Saturday and Sunday but would love love to meet you neckbeards.
>tfw you dont have a comfy /mlp/ scarf
>>
>>29238996
You don't need a scarf to be a horsefucker, it's just for fun! I'll be wearing mine though. Gotta hide my neckbeard somehow.
>>
One last bump. If there isn't a thread up come the time of the event, I'll make one.
>>
>>29236455
>shitting up /mlp/ with concancer
W E W L A D
E
W

L
A
D
>>
>>29238382
going alone is probably better than with someone
>>
If any of you fags want to meet up on Saturday or Sunday Kik me at Kundofox
>>
>>29238514
>08817

are you a poo in loo?
>>
>>29235308
Usually (including this year), it's in August. It was only in July last year.
>>
>>29233648
I'm gonna try to make it.
>>
File: kill me.png (14KB, 686x153px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.png
14KB, 686x153px
>>
>>29241805
i'm so sorry bro
>>
>>29240635
I live in the shit infested Indian town but I fucking cant stand them. They are like jews but dark and dirty as fuck.
>>
I could, it's only a few hrs away.... but its mid semester and I'm kinda broke. I wish more nor/mlp/eople went to my school
>>
I've been enjoying the comic they've been making. The story is actually pretty well done
>>
>page 10
>>
Sorry, I was choosing a random page. Do you want a pic dump?
>>
>>29243122
oh no, I didn't mean your comic page, i meant the board page.
>>
i'll be there.

.....on a panel
>>
File: trotcon.png (89KB, 275x291px) Image search: [Google]
trotcon.png
89KB, 275x291px
Anyone else going to Trotcon this year?
>>
>>29244055
The name sounds familiar so I have probably considered it at least once
>>
I just can't see how you fags can go to these things. All those people, all the noise, and the spaghetti... Nah. Fuck that. There's probably niggers waiting to rob the place around every corner. Buying a plushy?! Fuck that. And fuck being around women dressed in cringy pony cosplay. Ugh, fat fucks. I can't even. I FUCKING CAN'T EVEN. Go out and make friends, she said. Bullshit. Fuck that shit.
>>
File: absolut.png (837KB, 647x616px) Image search: [Google]
absolut.png
837KB, 647x616px
>>29233648
>socialization
No thank you, I want to stay far away as possible from you disgusting humans
>>
>>29244802
>>29244815
That's fine, nobody is forcing you or even asking you TO go. Not everyone needs friends. For some of us, however, it's a fun time despite all of the totally valid complaints you listed.
>>
File: 1464974430539.gif (954KB, 517x381px) Image search: [Google]
1464974430539.gif
954KB, 517x381px
>>29244837
>fun
>>
>>29244912
>subjective

So what do you do for fun on a quarter-annual basis?
>>
>>29244802
>I can't stand being around people that remind me of myself
>ellipses
>'I FUCKING CAN'T EVEN'
Good, don't go, xe/xir, you sound triggered as fuck to begin with.
>>
>>29243959
What panel?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.