[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: bigwhoop.jpg (196KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bigwhoop.jpg
196KB, 1920x1080px
It's been six years. Six. Years. And this fandom STILL hasn't gotten over its "Hey, guys, look at me, I also hate red and black OCs!" stage.

Yes. Congratulations. Everyone knows this. Do you think... you know... that smug little "How to write well" guide on Fimfiction, could you put a little introduction on color theory in there, and explanations of how the show's colors work? No? How about a guide to doing darkness and seriousness well without it being edge? No? You'd prefer that a new person make these mistakes each week, so you can feel good for mocking them for it until they leave the fandom in tears/shame/disgust? And if a whole month passes without anyone do it, you'll write a red and black edgy strawman into your story and insult it over and over, and get applauded by your smug circlejerking buddies over how smart and non-edgy you are?

No wonder we're dying. We haven't had an original thought in years, have we?
>>
>>29227964
>Look at me, mom! I'm trolling 4chaps!
>>
>>29227970
No, dipshit, we're not. I'm alone here, asking why we're still doing this shit after six fucking years.
>>
>>29227964
>"I have a red and black OC and this is my damage control cuz my feelings are hurt"

The post
>>
>>29227970
By the way, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2LNka6P4ss this.

Why are so many dumbasses unable to grasp this? A sue isn't determined by a collection of certain traits or a high score on a litmus test. It solely depends on how the world treats this character, and how "Special" the characters and world treat her.
>>
File: 5685678247.gif (872KB, 500x216px) Image search: [Google]
5685678247.gif
872KB, 500x216px
>>29227964
>>29227997
>all those "we"s
>>
File: 0areyousure.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0areyousure.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>29228006
>mfw

You have no reason to believe that I have any OCs. Yet here you are, assuming I'm "One Of Them", one of the "Tainted" writers with red and black OCs. Why? Because I said something you don't like, so I must be a person you don't like. To justify your sudden hatred of me and desire to look down on me and feel smug, you're telling yourself I'm one of the kids the retarded town drunk beats, so I have no reason to complain about it or any reason to be taken seriously when I complain about it AND suggest ways the problem can be fixed.

Christ.
>>
File: 1483551958425.gif (124KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1483551958425.gif
124KB, 500x281px
>>29228036
>all this butt hurt

Relax child. We love u
>>
>>29228094
>roleplaying
>>
File: 000534.png (2MB, 816x1138px) Image search: [Google]
000534.png
2MB, 816x1138px
Aaand they're gone. Bye! You won't be missed!

Now, about the stupid fucking thing the fandom's STILL doing.

1. Why haven't we gotten over the "Lol X is bad" phase and entered the "Let's fix the problem" phase yet? It's been six years. We've been around for six years. We're still acting like the smug retards on reddit belittling newbies for having low karma score.
>>
File: ponyWithBackground.png (257KB, 830x650px) Image search: [Google]
ponyWithBackground.png
257KB, 830x650px
>>29227964
>>
>>29227964
I honestly don't give a fuck. One of my friends has camouflage ocs for fuck's sake.
>>
>>29228330
You know, that actually looks alright. The hooves are shit but the rest is ok. I've seen worse. Not from actual bronies, but on strawmen the inspirationally-devoid construct to beat up to relieve stress and feel superior to something for once.
>>29228364
You shouldn't give a fuck. This fandom shouldn't give a fuck. Red and black is no worse than any other combination of colors that don't go together well, and I have yet to see anyone mention the ACTUAL unoriginal shitty OC sign, "White OC plus primary color for the mane and eyes". Or worse, "Green body, purple mane".
>>
>>29228449
>White OC plus primary color for the mane and eyes". Or worse, "Green body, purple mane

please explain.
>>
>>29228483
Actually, forget the "White OC with a primary color for the mane" thing. The REAL unoriginal thing? Brown and green OCs. I have seen way too many of those in my time as a brony. Also ponies with black hair even though real pones in the show usually dont have that.
>>
>>29228245
>the smug retards on reddit belittling newbies
FYI, Reddit stole the "making fun of newfags" thing from 4chan. Just like they steal all their interesting content from 4chan.
>>
>>29229118
Eeyup. Fuck reddit. And do you know why my comparison to reddit's karma is so good? People on reddit that get bullied for low scores don't stick around and try to get ones higher than the multi-year nolifers with upvote brigades, they leave the site. Every time a kid joins this fandom, makes a shitty OC, and is shot in the ass with salt rounds instead of being told how to improve, the kid leaves. Some might laugh at the random kid as he or she runs away in tears, but there isn't really much of an accomplishment there. Wow, you made a child cry and give up on the fandom for a show he/she loved and associate the show with that bad fandom and those bad memories forever, congrats. Let's give it up for our amazing child-bullying anti-red-and-black fandom police!

Btw, forget colors. The real thing I hate is when OCs are just names and faces. No backstory or personality, just an image made in pony creator and a name randomly generated, or taken from friends when some shithead spams groups or forums or pages with "Can you name my OC?". Fuck that. Name your own OC, and give him or her or it a name that fits. Or pick something generic with some of the following: wing solar flare storm rising star spark [ANY COLOR] [ANY GEM] [ANY POSITIVE WORD] [ANY SHITTY EXPRESSION OR SET OF RHYMING WORDS]
>>
File: 1387489578561.jpg (83KB, 360x867px) Image search: [Google]
1387489578561.jpg
83KB, 360x867px
>>29227964
>this wall of text
you're no better than the people you're whining about
>>
>>29227964
The reason they're looked down upon is because they're usually the big red warning sign that the oc is being built up to be self important and badass for no reason other than they're cool
And no, I don't think that red and black oc's are naturally edge lord supremos, it's just that every oc like that usually has some 'special trait' that makes them important. This has really turned people off of them because of their past experiences with bad ocs
>>
>>29229275
*Sarcastic clapping*
>>29229399
Yeah, and I've had bad past experiences with black people, should I hate the entire race and attack any black people I see with groups of my equally angry friends?

Honestly, I've never seen an edgy OP OC payed straight. I've only ever seen shitty "Parodies" of them. And while "Edgy" OCs are lame, is the hatred of them contributing to how bland and boring and one-dimensional most "Generic guy" or "Generic girl" or "Twilight/Pinkie/Fluttershy/Rainbow Knockoff" OCs?
>>
>>29231254
>edgy OP OC payed straight.
Then you honestly haven't been around any fandom's art scene for any period of time. Yes the joke one exist, but there is a reason for them, and it's because edgy OP OCs do exists. (you don't know how many times I've seen Sasuke but with edge times 100, and with a more powerful Sharingan)

>bland and boring and one-dimensional most "Generic guy" or "Generic girl"
Sometimes an OC is just a picture the creator uses so people can identify them. If they have a backstory in the first place, then it's a simple this is their life story. Other times an OC is used in a story, and depending on the story, can make or break wither or not they're are good OCs, or shit ones.

>"Twilight/Pinkie/Fluttershy/Rainbow Knockoff" OCs?
These are a lack of creativity, and are bad on that alone, but just like above, sometimes they're just used as pictures.

As for your whole red and black isn't bad, that depends entirely on the OC in question. Sometime red and black is just colors with no meaning behind them, other times, it's pick to show that the OC is dark, brooding, mysterious, and quite. While red shows that they have been hurt, or have no problems with bloodshed wither it's done by them, or others. There is also the scars, showing that they have been in a horrific accident, got it in a battle, or from some abused they've suffered when they were defenseless.

Honestly any OC can be good or bad, but the stigma that follows red and black ones are harder to convince the former, when the stigma of the latter is true most of the time.
>>
File: 1416191188248.png (149KB, 506x563px) Image search: [Google]
1416191188248.png
149KB, 506x563px
>>29227964
Clearly you haven't read around enough. I still remember one red and black oc that was an alicorn, could turn into a robot jet and had a pathological hatred for windows.

The the screen you place in the holes in the walls of your home, not the operating system.

I'm serious, really, this was a thing that happened.
>>
Who cares, if you're confident in your red and black OC then be confident in it....

Fucking stop needing other people's approval, and by the way red and black ANYTHING has long been considered hacky "edge" material, since it was the official color scheme of Hot Topic pretty much
>>
>>29227964
6 years or 60, you can't cure autism
>>
>>29227964
>We haven't had an original thought in years, have we?
No shit. This fandom love to copy what's popular or nostalgic and ponify it to get attention.
>It's a brony yotuber
>It's just a rip off of AVGN, Nostalgia Critic, Game Grumps, 2 Best Friends Play, Everything wrong with, and etc
>It's a game made by bronies
>it just another Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Metroid, Super Smash, Earthbound, and etc clone
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.