[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SPONY: a CYOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 40

File: Spony.png (46KB, 1664x383px) Image search: [Google]
Spony.png
46KB, 1664x383px
New and improved! A proper label! Clearer instructions! Actual gameplay! And I didn't forget the freaking logo this time!

--

Dawn breaks on the shore of a distant world, the stars being washed away by a jealous sun. Trees sway in a breeze kicked up by the sea, leaves rustling, ripe fruit swaying. A rising tide licks at the shore, tousling grains of sand, a weapon in the endless war between water and stone.

Not that any of that is of concern to you immediately. Mostly you notice because it's waking you from what must have been a terrible nightmare: a mysterious floating disc hovering over Ponyville, using some sort of magical ray to scoop ponies up like candy. You and your friends sought to stop it, but one by one it scooped you up too. The last thing you remember before the nightmare ended was being pulled in as well, the silver wall of the ship reflecting your own face -

Say, what was your face, anyway? For some reason, it's taking a moment to clear the haze of sleep...

[Select your viewpoint character. Options are APPLEJACK, FLUTTERSHY, PINKIE PIE, RAINBOW DASH, RARITY, TWILIGHT SPARKLE, or OTHER (write-in candidate). If consensus is not achieved, one vote will be randomly selected and used.]
>>
>>29226349
Appul.
>>
>>29226349
I vote Applejack, seems like it could be interesting
>>
File: 1.png (947B, 41x94px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
947B, 41x94px
>>29226355
>>29226388

YOU are Applejack, the loyalest of friends and the most dependable of ponies.

Or at least you were. At the moment you aren't feeling quite yourself. You're not sure what you feel like, but whatever it is, it's too small, short a couple of limbs, has a hideously deformed face, and, most importantly, is hatless.

The good news is that you don't need a mirror or a peek in the nearby ocean or something to have a good idea of what you look like. The bad news is that this is because you're staring at a half-dozen critters that look like you feel. The weird news is that their coloration is very familiar.

[Select HETEROGENOUS or HOMOGENOUS distribution of sponies. With heterogenous distribution, spony subspecies are sorted into like groups, and your initial group will consist entirely of earth sponies. With homogenous distribution, spony subspecies are deliberately intermixed, and your initial group will contain all three tribes. Note that all of the Mane Six are present; this choice decides their initial distribution.]
>>
>>29226937
Ummm... homogenous?
>>
>>29226937
Homogenous
>>
>>29226349
Spore sucks.
>>
>>29226937
Homogenous.
Having genetics from all 3 tribes can only be a good thing.
>>
>>29227321
Wow! Thank god you're here to tell us that, and thank god for 4chan for allowing you to directly tell someone what you don't like!

>>29226937
We're digging this OP. I wanna see where this goes.
>>
File: 2.png (2KB, 59x94px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
2KB, 59x94px
>>29227064
>>29227303
>>29227346
If there was any doubt in your mind that these other creatures are, somehow, your closest friends, what they do after a moment of just staring at each other gets rid of it.

The white and purple striped one sways back on its single pair of legs, wobbles, sighs dramatically, then falls over sideways, squashing the pink and yellow one before it can get a proper panic going. That just means it has to get that panic going on the ground, eyes darting all around, squeaking out, "Oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness..." over and over.

The blue one with the rainbow sheen is alternating screaming at you, itself, its surroundings, and the sky in general, springing around the grass-lined nest the six of you have found yourselves in, while the two-tone purple one has settled into a proper gibber at the sight of the sun and moon in the sky at the same time. As for the pink and red one, it's also gibbering, but in an excited sort of way, talking about space ponies, five-year missions, and other such nonsense.

Clearly it's up to you to restore order to this situation.

*TWEEEEEEEEEEEEET*

It occurs to you only after the fact to wonder how you managed to whistle with your face looking the way it does.

"All right, everypony! Or, er... everywhatever." You gesture vaguely, the lack of forelimbs making communication difficult, but the others have their attention fixed on you anyway. "I know things are a mite freaky right now, but we need to focus and figure out what's goin' on."

"...Applejack? Is that you?" Oddly enough, it's Fluttershy who speaks first.

"Sure is, sugarcube," you say, smiling at her. Well, trying to, anyway. "And I reckon the rest of us are who we look like?"

"Who we look like?" Rainbow Dash echoes. "What about what we look like? We're slugs! Slugs with legs! Slugs with legs and, might I point out, no wings!" She twists her body one way, then the other, to show off the lack thereof.
>>
File: 1483341124364.gif (299KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1483341124364.gif
299KB, 512x512px
Bumping.
Where you at OP
>>
File: 3.png (2KB, 64x94px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
2KB, 64x94px
>>29227585
"Slugs with legs and no wings... yet!" Pinkie Pie says, then bulges her eyes suggestively.

"What's the last thing you remember?" you ask Twilight Sparkle, wisely changing the subject.

"Well, the alien object had already captured all of you," she says, still looking up at the sky now and again twitchily. "And it looked like it was about to leave, so I charged it, hoping to damage or crash it. But then it shot me with the same ray that got all of you and pulled me inside and then I was waking up here and they must have done experiments on us and stranded us on an alien world and did you notice the moon and sun are both in the sky and the moon looks wrong and the sea looks red and I don't have my horn or my wings and Spike isn't here so Princess Celestia has no idea where we are or what happened to us and I can't possibly -"

It's hard for her to continue her panicked rant with one of your... limbs... in her... mouth... but she tries anyway.

"Calm down," you say, staring at her intently. "Breathe. Do your -" You almost suggest doing her breathing exercises before you realize calling attention to her limbs might not be the best move. "- just breathe. That's it. In... and out. In... and out."

After a moment, she calms down. "Right. You're right. Whatever's happened, we need to get organized. Rainbow Dash, you look around the forest -" She gestures at the nearby treeline with her head. "- and see if there's anything dangerous. Fluttershy, you keep an eye on Rarity until she wakes up. Applejack, you and Pinkie Pie look for -"

Twilight turns to look at Pinkie, then pauses, seeing the pink party 'pony' leaning over something and making crunching noises. "Pinkie?"

[Select HERBIVOROUS, OMNIVOROUS, or CARNIVOROUS diet. Diet will impact social interaction both within and outside the herd.]
>>
>>29227585
>>29227591
Oh shit you posted that right before I did.
Good timing
>>
>>29227596
I want to say herbivore, but seeing ponies as carnivores could be fun.
I vote carnivore but I'll settle with the general consensus.
>>
C'mon guys I don't wanna be the only one voting for what happens.
>>
>>29227596
Carnivore
>>
>>29227596
carnivore, which i guess was the obvious choice considering where we are.
>>
File: 4.png (1KB, 72x94px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
1KB, 72x94px
>>29227632
>>29227900
>>29227938

Pinkie turns to look at Twilight Sparkle and whoa nelly that is meat in her mouth. She's standing in front of some sort of dead something or other with skin and muscles and bones and there's a hunk of critter pinched between those piercing things and she is clearly chewing on it and happy. "Ifs good!" she says around the mouthful of flesh that used to be part of a living creature.

"Pinkie! What are you doing?" Twilight says, which is silly, because clearly she is eating a creature. One not unlike the creatures you have all been turned into.

Pinkie swallows the red and juicy mouthful that is utterly unlike a red and juicy apple. "It was already dead when I found it," Pinkie tells Twilight. "Besides, have you seen these mouths?" She gestures with one foot at her freaky bug mouth. "I'm pretty sure they weren't made for eating cupcakes."

Twilight starts saying something that sounds really sciency, but you aren't listening, because you need to eat something that wasn't walking or slithering or whatever that poor critter was doing before Pinkie found it right freaking now. Staggering away from the scene of the crime, you spot a bush with some sort of fruit growing on it, red with a yellowed top. It's not exactly an apple, but it is most definitely not a sheep or a chicken or a Winona and it's going to taste delicious.

Delicious.

Delicious.

(1/3)
>>
File: 5.png (2KB, 67x93px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
2KB, 67x93px
The apples have betrayed you.

You sit at the side of the nest that the six of you woke up in, staring blankly out to sea as the sun continues to rise. Twilight said something very sciency when you finished puking your guts out for the third time, breaking the news to everypony as gently as she could (though not gently enough to keep Rarity from passing out again).

'Obligate carnivore.' That's 'vore' as in 'eat', 'carni' as in 'meat', and 'obligate' as in 'yes, Applejack, you have to eat the meat.' As in 'no, Applejack, you can't eat the fruit.' As in 'no, Applejack, it isn't just that this fruit is bad for you.' It doesn't even smell right. It doesn't smell like food.

The meat smelled like food.

The meat tasted delicious.

Now all the meat is gone, and the others are trying to figure out how to get more. Pinkie Pie is suggesting some sort of elaborate gizmo built out of sticks and coconuts, or at least something that looks kind of like coconuts. Rainbow Dash wants to try catching fish from the river nearby. Fluttershy thinks more of those critters live in the nearby forest and that she can find their nests with a little luck. Twilight is focused on how to test how smart an animal is before it's approved for the menu. Even Rarity has been contributing, if you count trying to weave a net using only her mouth and feet.

You're too busy being mad at an uncaring universe that allowed aliens to come and take the apples away from you.

Are you even Applejack anymore?

(2/3)
>>
File: 6.png (2KB, 71x94px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
2KB, 71x94px
Eventually, of course, you get over yourself, at least enough to turn your attention back to the rest of the group.

"All right," Twilight is saying. "We have water, and we're working on food. Next is shelter. This nest is a start, but I'd like to put together something more substantial before night falls."

"Hate to break it to you, Twi," Rainbow Dash says, "but we're kinda short on tools. Or legs. I think we're gonna have to settle for dumping some leaves on top of us or something."

"We could try looking in the forest," Fluttershy says. "We might be able to find a burrow that nopony is using."

"You want us to huddle in the dirt?" Rarity says, looking as scandalized as she can given how fragile she still is. "Please. I may not have my... my usual tools at hoof... or my hoof... but I'm certain that, with my guidance, we can weave something sturdy yet comfortable out of the local fibers."

"We should look for somepony else living nearby and ask to share their nest!" Pinkie says, balancing on one foot and gesturing vigorously with the other. "And if they try to eat us, we can eat them instead!"

"Pinkie!" Twilight says, looking frazzled. "We are not going to kill and eat another possibly intelligent species!"

"We may not have a choooice!" Pinkie says, putting both feet down only to bend over backwards, then twist her head around upright again. Twilight, exasperated, looks over your way.

"You've been quiet, Applejack," she says. "Do you have any ideas?"
>>
>>29228357
I say we look for a place near the river. That way we'll easily have access to food and it will be more convenient to fish. Heck, maybe Pinkie can help Rarity make shelter using coconuts ifn she finds 'em.

I'd like a more accurate description of each of us.
>>
They'll have to leave sooner or later.
I'd say have them split into 2 groups, one to search for food and shelter sources, maybe 4 of them, and the remaining stay near he nest to look for things that could be used to make tools of somekind.
They'll need all 3 regardless, and sending them in groups can essentially help find all 3 while keeping certain characters in their relative comfort zones.
Say, Pinkie, Twilight, Applejack and Rainbow Dash search for food and shelter, while Fluttershy and Rarity look for useful objects to make tools.
>>
File: 5685682.png (167KB, 831x882px) Image search: [Google]
5685682.png
167KB, 831x882px
>>29228357
seems appropriate for this situation.
>>
>>29228357
Travel, but stay near the river. Look for somewhere with fish
>>
>>29228624
Shit, sent before I finished the thought.

They have objections to eating intelligent creatures, but fish aren't intelligent. It's the most obvious choice.
>>
File: 7.png (1KB, 57x93px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
1KB, 57x93px
>>29228540
>I'd like a more accurate description of each of us.

(The outcome of this decision will determine your appearance; I'll work up a matching picture.)

>>29228571
>>29228624
>>29228629

"I'm more thinking of where than what," you tell Twilight. "All we've got here is straw and sand. If we follow the river, maybe we'll find something better." You pause. "And if I have to eat meat, at least fish ain't likely to complain."

Twilight nods. "Fluttershy, Rarity, you two stay here, see if you can come up with some ideas for tools or blankets or something."

Fluttershy looks over at Twilight, saying, "Um, I'd rather come with you, if that's okay. You might need me if we find some animals, and I don't... know that much about... tools."

"I know lots about tools!" Pinkie Pie says, again balancing on one foot and waving the other in the air. "Ooo ooo pick me pick me!"

Despite the circumstances, you laugh a little. "All right, Pinkie. You have fun now."

With that, your group of four begins walking along the shore. The river is near enough that you could probably stay on the beach and still get to it without any trouble, but you hold out some vague hope of finding... you don't even know what. A meat apple, you suppose. This is some weird alien world, right?

You pause on reaching the river to drink - the water has a faint red tint even here, but it tastes fine - then venture upriver. The mood of the group is somber, and you find yourself, for lack of anything better to do, looking more closely at the bizarre bodies that you and your friends have been forced into.

[Choose THREE of the following six abilities to add to your sponies: CHARGE, SPIT, CHARM, SNEAK, JUMP, and SPRINT. Each ability comes with a physical adaptation, which will be applied retroactively, and will change the way sponies behave. Each choice will also unlock an upgrade tree.]
>>
>>29226937
I get the feeling that you mixed up "heterogenous" and "homogenous".
>>
>>29229173
It's a question of scale. If you had chosen heterogeneous, the initial group would have all earth ponies, and you would have had to discover the unicorns and pegasi elsewhere in the world. As it stands, any other groups of ponies you find will also be a mixture of the three tribes.
>>
>>29229264
Which is to say: the local population is heterogeneous because the global population is homogeneous.
>>
>>29229157
Sprint, jump, and sneak.
>>
I'm going to get ready for bed. I'll take whatever votes are waiting for me when I get up and start a new thread if necessary.
>>
>>29229157
Definitely sprint and jump, maybe charge? in case they run into trouble.
>>29229505
Night OP, I'll bump the thread now and then. I kinda have an idea for a backstory, maybe I'll write it out if I get bored.
>>
>>29229157
>no Glide
Charge, Jump, Sneak
>>
>>29229564
Fuck it I'm inspired, I'll start a small backstory green just to keep the thread going for a little while. This'll be in the perspective of the "aliens"

>We started small, but now we are large
>We are an advanced race of unicorns, masters of magic, science, and space.
>It began with four of us, none of us remembered our names or how we got to where we were.
>It was cold, it was dark, and we were alone
>Now, we stand atop all lifeforms in the known universe and are almost countless in number, and we just started a very interesting experiment.
>>
>>29229675
>Our chief science advisor decided to recreate the situation we found ourselves in by using the DNA of 6 sapient creatures from a small developing planet
>They seem to be very intelligent, and friendly, though carnivorous.
>We've survived solely on vegetation
>They've quickly designated roles and have already begun searching for resources
>It will be interesting to see how they develop to the area around them...
>>
>>29229669
>>no Glide
The six abilities given were chosen for a reason, namely that those are the six abilities you can get from Cell stage parts. That said, Glide parts will be unlocked at a future date.
>>
>>29229794
i havent played spore for over 2 years, but i think jump leads to glide
>>
>>29229836
And that could lead to them evolving wings
>>
File: 1483508084683.gif (835KB, 585x391px) Image search: [Google]
1483508084683.gif
835KB, 585x391px
Bumping
>>
Page 7 bump.
Don't die overnight
>>
>>29229157
Sneak ,jump, spit
>>
File: Spore_GIF_2017-01-09_08-13-18.gif (104KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Spore_GIF_2017-01-09_08-13-18.gif
104KB, 150x150px
>>29229369
>>29229564
>>29229669
>>29231236

Voting totals: 2 for Charge, 1 for Spit, 0 for Charm, 3 for Sneak, 4 for Jump, 2 for Sprint. Rolling a tiebreaker d2 makes the final selection Sneak, Jump, and Sprint.

Your sponies have a flagella that senses air movements, granting them the ability to move carefully and avoid detection by other creatures, at least at a distance. They will behave more cautiously, avoiding direct confrontations when possible.

Your sponies have vestigial wing-like cilia. In addition, the muscles in their legs have been reinforced, giving them the ability to jump a modest height. They will be more likely to seek high or difficult terrain.

Your sponies have an organ at the end of their tails that allows them to collect and spray a jet of water. While useless on land, this will improve their swimming speed slightly. In addition, the muscles in their legs have been further modified to allow them to sprint short distances before tiring. They will use this ability to escape danger.

The overall effect of these adaptations is to give your sponies a focus on mobility. In combat, they will seek every advantage in position and terrain before committing to an attack and use flanking and hit-and-run tactics. In social interactions, they will emphasize their physical fitness when seeking allies or mates.

Unlocking the Sneak, Jump, and Sprint abilities gives you the option of improving these abilities at a later date. You also have access to the Bite and Sing abilities by default. Other abilities must be unlocked before they can be improved.

Update incoming.
>>
>>29229369
So a velociraptor?
>>
File: 8.png (2KB, 71x94px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
2KB, 71x94px
>>29231776

As you make your way along the river, you keep close to the treeline. Apples may have betrayed you, but trees? If nothing else, they protect you from the sun. You make a note to have Rarity make you a replacement hat as soon as she figures out how.

Your progress is slow. Twilight wants to study every tree, bush, stick, and blade of grass, even if she doesn't have a way to write any of it down. Fluttershy keeps looking for animals, though so far all she's found is some small silver-blue fish in the river. Rainbow Dash finds time between her complaints about the slow pace to swim in and across the river, keeping her eyes on the nearby forest and the grasslands on the other side of the river.

After a few hours of walking, you realize you're getting hungry again. The... critter didn't go too far divided six ways. Luckily, both Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy prove to be naturals at catching fish, and you have at least some skill at it. Twilight, for her part, spends most of her time in the water not drowning.

The fish you catch is especially delicious. You try not to think about it too hard.

It's getting on late afternoon when you come to a sudden stop, tipping your head, then turn to Twilight, softly calling, "Hold up a sec." Twilight stops, and your other two friends turn your way as well.

"I hear something," you say, though it's almost more accurate to say you feel something, clumsily stalking you through the woods. "It's coming this way." The others listen/feel, then, by wordless agreement, move to find cover behind trees, silently waiting for it to show itself.

After a few moments, the critter bursts out of the bushes, growling and looking around wildly, though it hasn't spotted you yet. It looks like...

...well...

(1/2)
>>
File: Spore_GIF_2017-01-09_08-52-40.gif (128KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Spore_GIF_2017-01-09_08-52-40.gif
128KB, 150x150px
...a water balloon with teeth?

(2/2)
>>
>>29229836
Glide gives you jump automatically, even if just a very weak jump.
>>
>>29231847
How big is it? I bet we could take it.
>>
Can we eat it? I think we can eat it.
>>
>>29231847
Get some distance and try to communicate.
If it seems to be an animal we should try to capture it. Twilight would want to make sure it's not sapient first.
>>
Second for observation
>>
File: 9.png (2KB, 71x94px) Image search: [Google]
9.png
2KB, 71x94px
>>29232023
>>29232464

With a start, you realize you recognize the critter. It's the same thing that Pinkie Pie found dead near your nest. It's a bit smaller than you, and though those jaws could give you a nasty cut, between the four of you it shouldn't be much of a threat.

You find yourself drooling and try to stop.

>>29232672
>>29233047

The four of you remain silent, watching the critter search for you. It doesn't seem to be able to see you in the shadow of the trees, despite its long eye stalks.

You look over to Fluttershy, who's studying the critter along with Twilight. She notices your gaze, then (somehow) smiles; looks like she's decided it's a dumb animal, at least. Twilight looks like she's trying to memorize the critter's features. Rainbow Dash, on the other hoof, looks ready to strike, fluttering her wingy things and crouching low.

Looks like it's up to you to decide how to handle the situation. But how?

[Select SOCIAL to have Fluttershy attempt to communicate with it, ADAPTABLE to have Twilight Sparkle approach the creature openly and see what it does, or PREDATOR to have Rainbow Dash attack it.]
>>
Pred.
>>
>>29233366
Predator.
>>
File: Apple Family meat feast.jpg (897KB, 1624x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Apple Family meat feast.jpg
897KB, 1624x1000px
>>29233366
>PREDATOR
Also nice full house.
>>
File: eat_it.gif (507KB, 480x267px) Image search: [Google]
eat_it.gif
507KB, 480x267px
>>29233366
PREDATOR
>>
>>29233366
Predator
>>
>>29233366
pred all red
>>
File: 10.png (6KB, 138x95px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
6KB, 138x95px
>>29233447
>>29233488
>>29233517
>>29233717
>>29233940
>>29234011

Before you can say or do anything, Rainbow Dash springs from the treeline, slinking as quickly as she can toward the critter. It sees her coming in time to turn her way, but not in time to keep her from giving it a nasty bite.

It fights back, of course, giving Rainbow Dash a cut in turn, which spurs you into action. Sprinting toward the fight, you veer off at the last minute, flanking the critter. Your initial instinct is to buck, but without forelegs you can't do much damage. With a grimace, you turn and bite at the critter, which turns toward you in alarm, only to find Rainbow Dash taking advantage of the opening, nipping in to bite, then hopping back again.

Fluttershy and Twilight are yelling now, but you can't spare the attention to listen to them. There is only you, your packmate, and your prey. It weakens quickly, unable to defend itself against one of you without making itself vulnerable against the other. It squawks desperately, trying to retreat, but you shift to put the river at its back -

- and then the prey's kin burst from the forest, squawking in turn, squidging angrily at Twilight and Fluttershy. The two retreat toward you and Rainbow, letting the critters almost circle you before abruptly breaking to either side. You and Rainbow move as well, and now the critters find themselves encircled by you, your packmates, and the river. Hissing at the prey, you dart forward -
>>
File: 11.png (1KB, 84x94px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
1KB, 84x94px
As you and the others huddle around a nest that used to belong to some gray-blue blobs, you find yourself staring off into the distance, letting the sounds of crunching bone and snapping sinew fade from your awareness, chewing at your dinner without thinking too hard about anything in particular. The sun is setting and the air cooling, but the forest canopy is keeping it from getting too cold, and Rarity's managed to figure out weaving crude blankets from dry grass.

Despite your best efforts, you find your thoughts drifting...

[Select up to three uses of the following actions: PONDER A SUBJECT and TALK WITH YOUR FRIENDS. Specify a topic for each action (for instance, PREDATORY BEHAVIOR, MISSING FAMILY, or PLANS FOR THE FUTURE). In addition, for each 'talk with your friends' action, specify the spony or sponies you wish to talk with.]
>>
>>29234271
Talk with Twilight about Predatory Behavior. The sooner everyone learns to accept what's happening the better off they'll be.
>>
>>29234271
Talk about predatory behavior, ponder missing family (cuz we're AJ and we don't want to bother our friends with personal burdens), and talk about the future.

I know the biggest thing that will eat on AJ is her family. One of her biggest focuses will be trying to find her family and staying true to herself and her roots while trying to survive.
>>
File: Fan_n_Writefag.gif (396KB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
Fan_n_Writefag.gif
396KB, 240x135px
>>
>>29234371
This
>>
>>29234292
>>29234371
Some combination of this, maybe include talking to Fluttershy as well as Twilight, being that she's the animal expert and could have some useful information.
Definitely ponder as well, maybe about home and family.
>>
File: 12.png (3KB, 102x94px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
3KB, 102x94px
>>29234292
>>29234371
>>29234868
>>29235098

You find yourself thinking about your family back home. What would be worse, you wonder? To have them safe and sound back on Equestria, never to know what happened to you? Or to have them be here, somewhere on this planet, turned into the same sort of thing you have? Big Macintosh can take care of himself no matter what, but you shudder to think of Granny Smith or Apple Bloom on this world, forced to eat meat to survive. It's bad enough your cutie mark seems to have gone missing along with the rest of you, but you're still Applejack, not... Meatjack. Or whatever.

It seemed so natural, though, when it came right down to it. So easy. Even now, you're tearing into muscle and bone, and though you've been trying not to think about it, you can't escape how good it all tastes. You turn your attention to Twilight and Fluttershy, the two most likely to make sense of this mess.

"Twilight? When we, y'know... attacked these here critters... I mean, having to eat meat is one thing, but we knew how to hunt. We didn't even have to talk about it. It just happened."

Twilight nods, but it's Fluttershy who speaks up. "It's like we've been put into creatures from the Everfree Forest," she says. "Like timber wolves. When the other animals attacked, I just knew I had to... protect my pack." She looks over at Twilight. "My alpha," she adds softly.

Twilight looks uncomfortable at this. "We've got to try to keep control of ourselves," she says. "What if we wind up attacking an intelligent species? Or something that can seriously hurt us?" She looks over at Rainbow Dash, who received the worst of it during the fight - nothing serious, but the best care she could receive was rinsing the cuts in the river.

(1/3)
>>
File: 13.png (3KB, 107x94px) Image search: [Google]
13.png
3KB, 107x94px
"Well, I say the easiest way to do that is to stay well-fed," Rainbow Dash says. "We keep our stomachs full, we won't be thinking with them. I bet there are more of these things -" She gestures at her own portion of flesh. "- out there. And we can fish too."

"I can't believe that my biggest fear yesterday was that I wouldn't have enough gems for my new line of saddles," Rarity says. She's recovered bit by bit from her initial shock, but she still looks a bit pale, even for her. "We've faced some powerful foes, but never anything like this!"

"I know, right?" Pinkie Pie says, having already finished off her portion of meat and attempting to fly. Her stubby cilia aren't getting her anywhere, but she keeps jumping and flapping. "You can't bake a... whatever this is! Twilight, did we name it? I think we should name it."

"It already has a name," Rainbow Dash adds. "It's called 'dinner'."

"Rainbow Dash!" Rarity says, eyes widening. "Our situation is gruesome enough without trivializing what we do to survive!"

"Exactly," Rainbow Dash says. "What we do to survive. You didn't apologize to your salad before you ate it."

"That is a completely different situation, and you know it!" Rarity says, leaning forward.

"Oh yeah?" Rainbow Dash says, leaning toward Rarity in turn. "I didn't see you turning it down! I bet you were just worried you'd get blood on your coat!"

"Of all the insensitive, monstrous -"

"Girls!" Twilight shouts, drawing everyone's attention. "We can't start fighting like this. Not now!"

"Take it from me," Pinkie says, huffing a bit as she continues to hop. "A Donner party isn't as fun as it sounds."

"What do reindeer have to do with anything?" Rainbow Dash asks. Before Pinkie can answer, though, you change the subject.

(2/3)
>>
File: 14.png (2KB, 115x94px) Image search: [Google]
14.png
2KB, 115x94px
"Rainbow's right about one thing," you say. "We gotta survive if'n we're gonna find out what them darn aliens think they're doing dumping us here like this." You look over at Twilight, who nods.

"I've been thinking about ways to make primitive tools - axes, hammers, that sort of thing. We'll need rocks, and lots of them. That means leaving the forest."

"I bet there are a buncha rocks across the river," Rainbow Dash says. "What're we gonna do with tools, though? We barely have mouths. I say we stay here, where the eating's good."

"Is that what you want to do?" Twilight says, frowning. "Just live like... like timber wolves?"

"It's working so far," Rainbow Dash says, shrugging. Twilight's frown intensifies.

"I don't like how this place is changing us. Changing you. You'd never even have thought of hurting an animal, and the first thing you do when you see a new form of life is kill it!"

"Well, maybe we can't just sit around and wait for someone to drop cupcakes on us from the sky!" Rainbow Dash retorts. "Besides, I didn't see you reading a book when those things came after us!"

"I was just trying to defend you!" Twilight replies.

"Well, they were just trying to defend them!" Rainbow says, leaning right up in Twilight's face. "You ever think of that?"

"Girls!" another voice says. You realize it's Fluttershy. As everyone stares at her, she sinks back down into the nest.

"I realize that this is all very scary, and we don't know what's going to happen next. But we can't forget that we're still all friends. Whatever happens, we have to stick together."

Twilight closes her eyes and turns her head away. "You're right, Fluttershy. We're all in this together." Rainbow Dash mumbles something that might also be an apology. Twilight then turns her attention back to the group. "We need a plan," she says. "We need to figure out what we're going to do and how we're going to do it." She looks the group over. "Any ideas?"

(3/3)
>>
>>29235608
Coming along very nicely.

What time of day is it? They've eaten, yes, but maybe now would be a decent time to get some rest?
They still have a lack of tools, and therefor a lack of fire or anything to really protect themselves with as well
Hmm
>>
>>29235658
The sun hasn't gone down yet, but it's getting there.
>>
>>29235608
As much as I like the thought of having tools to make a better shelter, Dash does have a point. We're going to need food and water. This river can get us both. I say we make a shelter and gather enough supplies to move somewhere else and look for more... intelligent life. Short term I say we make a fire.
>>
>>29235608
Immediate future needs addressed first. Survival means access to water, food, shelter, in that order. Once they're well established they can worry about exploring further areas.
>>
>>29235828
I agree, probably the best decision.
I'd imagine they could last the night having just eaten, but with the remaining time they should focus on water and something to start a fire.
I think they can hold off on the set until the next day
>>
File: 1396389626357.gif (48KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
1396389626357.gif
48KB, 300x350px
>>29235592
>A Donner party isn't as fun as it sounds
You magnificent cocksucker.
>>
>>29235608
We're speedrunning through creature stage, find stuff to make those tools
>>
>>29236580
Exactly.
That is the only way to advance. We're already mentally advanced and working with intelligence and strength. Characters have already been given a shelter, albeit a temporary one. They have eaten, and are near a source of water and possible food.
Tools and a permanent settlement are the most important step to becoming a long lived species, next to keeping the food supply flowing and properly using the water source.
Being that the characters encountered a group of the ball-things, food should last a day or two. The problem with being carivorous is that meat spoils much faster than vegetation, so we'll need to master tools to keep our food supply safe from spoiling or rotting.
>>
>>29236580
>speedrun through creature stage
>move on with shitty tier 1 creature parts
sneak is extremely over powered, and glide as well.
>>
We haven't evolved once.
OP: time for our characters to grow some sharp teeth and claws.
Spore evolves quickly, our characters haven't yet.
Note: followed this from the beginning so from now on I'm posting with a trip code.
>>
File: Bababa.gif (551KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
Bababa.gif
551KB, 500x389px
Page 7 bump.
Don't die
>>
>>29237201
>trip
theres no need for that.
>>
>>29237201
>followed this from the beginning
Well so have I but you don't see me being a tripfag.
>>
File: Spike.png (131KB, 448x340px) Image search: [Google]
Spike.png
131KB, 448x340px
>>29237606
Nope. Did it anyway.
>>29237645
Thanks for contributing.
>>
File: dear newfriend.jpg (302KB, 1125x681px) Image search: [Google]
dear newfriend.jpg
302KB, 1125x681px
>>29237653
>>
>>29237659
Okay okay.
There are very few people who have posted in this thread and I figured a trip code to discern who I was was alright.
Thanks for sending me into obscurity. Just let this thread live on in anonymity.
>>
File: 1479700055778.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1479700055778.gif
1MB, 500x280px
>>29237645
Then why don't you have one?
Anonymous = asshole
>>
File: 1482496066807.png (577KB, 1994x1464px) Image search: [Google]
1482496066807.png
577KB, 1994x1464px
Do not let trash ruin a good thread.
Bumping.
Obelisk you're awesome
>>
File: 1477443860325.jpg (121KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1477443860325.jpg
121KB, 680x1020px
>>29237201
>a day hasn't even passed yet but already calling for evolution
>using a trip for no reason

Personally I'm fine with a slower burn on this. I'm digging how they've been interacting and dealing with the mental changes.
>>
Moar when?
>>
>>29238560
Moar very soon. I just got up, and I'm reviewing the posts.
>>
>>29226349
wow these threads get dumber and dumber dont they
whats next, fucking Witcher 3 CYOA BUT WITH MY LITTLE PONY XDDDD?
>>
File: IMG_1140.png (406KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1140.png
406KB, 1024x1024px
>>29238814
>>
File: 15.png (3KB, 110x94px)
15.png
3KB, 110x94px
>>29235658
>>29235828
>>29235933
>>29235943
>>29236580
>>29236695

"I think we're doing okay for shelter," you tell Twilight, looking over at Rarity and her woven blanket, then back to Twilight. "It'd be good to have some heat, but I don't think we can make that without at least a couple of tools. You got any ideas on that?"

"Well, I know you can make fire with simple wooden tools," Twilight says, frowning, "but those assume you have four hooves, or at least four limbs. I'll have to think on how to adapt them for two legs and mandibles. The good news is, we should be able to make some cutting and pounding tools fairly easily, with stones from the river. I don't think we'll be cutting down trees any time soon, but we can get branches and vines. If we're lucky, it should only take a few days to get fire."

"Well," Rainbow Dash says, "I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm beat. This has been a long day."

Twilight nods. "We should consider sleeping in shifts," she says. "Those ayugs may not have been very threatening -"

"Ayugs?" Rainbow Dash says, tipping her head.

"It's a new species," Twilight says, frowning at Rainbow Dash. "I get to name it."

"Fine," Rainbow Dash says, "but I get dibs on the next one."

"You can't call 'dibs' on scientific discovery!" Twilight says, glaring.

(1/2)
>>
File: 16.png (3KB, 116x94px) Image search: [Google]
16.png
3KB, 116x94px
Before she can say more, you speak.

"I think you're getting a mite distracted, sugarcube," you say, then pause. Can you still digest sugar? Shaking your head, you continue. "You were saying about sleeping shifts?"

Twilight nods. "Three shifts of two ponies each -"

"Hey, given we're not ponies anymore," Rainbow Dash says, "shouldn't we have a new name? Can I pick it?"

"- of two ponies each. I'm not sure how long night is here, but hopefully it isn't too different from... home." Twilight, for a moment, looks very lost, then rallies. "Who wants what shift?"

[Select two SPONIES to stand watch together. If one of them is Applejack, the next event will occur to her. If neither of them are Applejack, the next event will happen to one of them.]
>>
Apple and pink
>>
>>29238892
>>29238900
Judging from the interactions we've been having, it'd be smart to pick people to watch that won't start arguing and inevitably fighting.

First shift can be Apple and Dash.
>>
>>29238923
Yeah, but I feel like dash would spend the whole time complaining about not getting to sleep
>>
>>29238900
Apple and Flutter
>>
>>29238933
Better than Dash arguing with anyone, and we're probably best fit to deal with it. Other than Ponko, possibly.
>>
Since we need a tiebreaker, rainbow dash
>>
So how is evolution going to work, since it kind of requires a making a new generation.
>>
>>29239113
I was figuring they'd just sort of collectively evolve at some point. Which sounds unf to me
>>
I really wish op would give us some idea of how long he's going to be gone.
>>
>>29239169
I'll make an update shortly, and then that'll be it for today, as I have prior commitments this afternoon. I'll try to be better about communicating when I'll be updating.
>>
>>29239190
Cool
>>
Did we lose op?
>>
File: 17.png (2KB, 100x94px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
2KB, 100x94px
>>29238914
>>29238923
>>29238940
>>29238997

"I'm not tired yet," you say. "I can take the first watch."

Rainbow Dash, who just seconds ago was looking like she was going to fall asleep before the watches were decided, is suddenly up and alert. "I'll take first watch too!"

"I'll take last watch, if it's all the same to you," Rarity says. "Better to wake up early than in the middle of the night."

"Um, I'd like to have last watch too, if it's not any trouble," Fluttershy adds.

"Well, that just leaves -" Twilight begins, only to be interrupted by Pinkie pouncing her.

"Ooo, ooo! Pick me, pick me!" she chirps from atop Twilight's back, then abruptly drops her voice three octaves and growls, "Pick meeeee," while staring into Twilight's eyes.

Twilight smiles anxiously. "...all right then! That's decided. You two wake us when it's our turn to look out."

With that, four of your friends begin snuggling under Rarity's blanket and into the bedding, huddling together for warmth. You and Rainbow Dash, by contrast, move a short distance from the nest, looking around silently.
>>
File: 18.png (3KB, 115x94px) Image search: [Google]
18.png
3KB, 115x94px
The silence doesn't last long.

"I'm boooored," Rainbow Dash says, though quietly, so as not to wake the others.

"Boring is good," you say. "Boring means there ain't some horror out to ruin our night."

"A little action would be better than this," Rainbow Dash says, peering into a shadow. It's surprisingly dark out; you've never seen a sky so black, or stars so pale. "There's nothing to do but wait. I can't even fly." Yet again, she flexes her useless wingnubs.

"If you're so bored, how come you were so eager to volunteer?" you say to her, raising one eyebrow - or at least making your face move vaguely like that.

"Pff. As if I'd let you stand watch without me. You'd be all, 'oooh, look at me, I'm Applejack, I'm super dependable, not like Rainbow Dash who couldn't wait to take another nap.'" Her googly-eyed 'impression' of you fails to impress.

"It ain't like that," you say, glaring at her. "We're all taking turns. It don't matter that much who takes what turn."

"Ah! You said it doesn't matter that much," Rainbow Dash says, grinning. "That means it matters at least a little. Besides, face it. Out of all of us, who would you rather be watch buddies with?"

You pause for a moment, considering Rarity the prima donna, Fluttershy the worrywart, Pinkie Pie the chatterbox, and Twilight Sparkle the... the 'probably spend the whole time talking about science stuff'. You don't have a catchy term for it.

"Reckon you've got a point," you say, and turn your attention back to the woods.
>>
File: 19.png (3KB, 116x94px) Image search: [Google]
19.png
3KB, 116x94px
"I'm still bored," Rainbow Dash says, not nearly enough time later.

"Well, what do you want me to do about it?" you say, glaring at her. You've been experimenting with trying to get a good bucking motion going with only two legs. So far, the best you've been able to accomplish is not falling over at least some of the time. You're not even sure what you'd do if you could buck. Probably, you realize depressingly, knock some varmint out of a tree so you could eat it.

"I dunno. I just... I just feel all itchy," Rainbow Dash says, shifting back and forth. "I wanna do something. I can't fly, but I can still run. Or swim. Or..." She pauses, looking at you. "I dunno. Just move. You get that, don't you?"

Turning toward her, you pause, tipping your head to one side. Now that she mentions it, some good old-fashioned physical exertion would hit the spot.

"C'mon," Rainbow says, taking a step back, flicking her head back and to the side. "Let's have a race. Just you and me."

You step forward, lowering your head and narrowing your eyes. "What, and leave our friends unprotected?"

"Okay, not a race," Rainbow says, flicking her wingnubs, then swaying from side to side a bit. "Just let's do something. Like... I dunno."

"What, like -" You echo Rainbow's motion. "You wanna dance or something?"

"No!" Rainbow says, snorting. Then it's her turn to pause, looking up at the sky, swaying forward and back now. "Maybe. I dunno." She looks back down at you, pulling her head in a bit, tail drooping. "I mean... it's not like we have anything better to do, right?"
>>
File: 20.png (7KB, 154x95px) Image search: [Google]
20.png
7KB, 154x95px
"In the middle of the night," you say, taking a step forward, flexing your own wingnubs, "on some alien planet..." You take another step, lifting your head and peering at Rainbow intently. She backs away as you advance, looking almost cowed. "...in a body you ain't even used for one whole day, with who knows what just waiting to take a bite out of us... you wanna dance."

Rainbow smiles a strangely timid smile. "Yes?" She then shakes her whole body vigorously. "I mean, yes!" she says, standing up straight again, flaring her wingnubs and striking a pose. "I mean, unless you think you can't handle my sweet moves." She takes a step toward you, but you stand firm, and she steps back again, looking as flustered as a hen in a coop full of roosters. "C'mon," she adds, looking pleading.

"...fine," you say after a moment, smirking. "But I'm leading."
>>
File: 21.png (3KB, 100x94px) Image search: [Google]
21.png
3KB, 100x94px
In the end, you and Rainbow Dash wake Pinkie and Twilight and nestle together under the blanket, still a bit sweaty from dancing around the forest like a couple of idiots but glad of the warmth anyway. You're still not sure what possessed the two of you to act like that, but it was fun, and no harm came of it, so you didn't think overmuch on it as you drifted off to sleep.

"Oh my gosh you made babies!"

Pinkie Pie shatters any thinking you might have done first thing in the morning.

"Buwhuh?" you say, snapping upright, then immediately regretting it. It takes you a few seconds to realize that it is, in fact, morning and not the middle of the night. It takes a few seconds more for memories of yesterday's events to hit you, then to recognize the new faces of your friends: Pinkie Pie bouncing up and down excitedly, Fluttershy staring in wonder, Rarity caught mid-fancying (or at least wet from the river and preening her coat), and Twilight Sparkle caught under the blanket and trying to look around groggily.

Then you look where Pinkie's looking, somewhere between you and the still-snoring Rainbow Dash. And see a single egg, about half your size, mottled red and blue.

Only one thing to say comes to mind.

"What in tarnation!?"
>>
Really enjoying this op. Thanks
>>
In case it wasn't clear, that's the end of this thread. I'll start a new thread with new choices to make tomorrow, most likely. In the meantime, feel free to leave feedback, suggestions for where to take this from here, and the like!
>>
>>29239445
It wasn't clear. Unless you give us a choice at the end or explicitly state that it's over, someone is going to assume there is more
>>
>>29239445
Why not just stay in this thread?
>>
>>29240161
Well, the very first thread I made for this, to choose game options, got archived after just a few hours of inactivity. I just assumed that this thread wouldn't last until tomorrow without a bunch of people bumping it, and I don't want to ask for bumps when I can just start a fresh thread. That said, if this thread is still live when I go to post, I'll certainly use it!
>>
>>29239387
>"I mean... it's not like we have anything better to do, right?"
And we danced on into the night
Ayo Ayo, Ayo Ayo
And we danced on into the night
>>
>>29240407
Game options? What?
>>
Well while there's nothing happening, how far does everyone think this is going to go? Tribal age? All the way to space?
>>
>>29240536
The initial thread: >>29216109
>>
File: 1484018382512.gif (2MB, 161x149px) Image search: [Google]
1484018382512.gif
2MB, 161x149px
>>29239402
Shit, I accidentally made them lesbians.

So since you have no memory of this, did Dash push that thing out? Where is she?
>>
>>29239402
Explain to everyone how NOTHING AT ALL happened last night between us and Dash. Still be fircely protective of the egg though.
>>
>>29239402
Suggest eating Egg for breakfast.
After all, it can't be ours, right?
>>
>>29244165
>>
>>29226349
>Spony
YIS!
>>
>>29239402
>>29239399
>>29239387
>>29239382
Is it bad that I went back through to read this specific part in my head again, but with the mentally advanced series version of rd and aj?
>>
>>29246477
No, that's fine. I will do so too from now on.
>>
Hey there. RL stuff has come up, and I'm not going to be able to update for a few days. I'll start a new thread Friday or Saturday. Thanks for your patience!
>>
Page 9 bump
>>
File: disappoint.png (350KB, 573x533px) Image search: [Google]
disappoint.png
350KB, 573x533px
>>29247397
>ill make a new thread in 3-4 days
>better bump
>>
>>29247453
Well, it might survive.
>>
>>29239399
Jesus.
>>
bep
>>
>>29247453
doing fine so far
>>
>>29252976
seriously, he can just make another thread.
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.