[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Historical Perspective (CYOA) Thread the VI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 4

File: Ghost Scribe3.png (170KB, 1045x872px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Scribe3.png
170KB, 1045x872px
When last we left off, we had
>Embarked on a journey to the city of Negra Beliza.
>Engaged in training with Captain Gold
>Found out the Captain Gold is actually Princess Goldheart
>Discovered that Goldheart is a chronomancer.
>Met with Master Black Mage Vivian Crowe and her associate Master Red Mage Rosa Thourne.
>Helped a vagrant filly named Bella get away from some guards
>Went to the Xanthous Garden and acquired a Midan Lily.
>Met up with Master Green Mage Sanctus.
>Dropped into a dark, mysterious basement, in search of manticore venom sacs.

The adventure resumes shortly.
>>
>As you an Brutus step through the door, you are accosted by a bright light.
>You raise your foreleg over your eyes, in an attempt to shade them.
>As your eyes adjust, the various shapes of all the objects in the room come into shape.
>There are three walls, naturally, on each side a door.
>Where they lead, you can't say.
>The room is cluttered to say the least, books arranged in neat stacks on the floor.
>A few bookshelves directly in front of you, containing what few tomes aren't strewn about the floor.
>Directly above you is a light of some sort, a ball of luminescence.
>It's origin is unclear, but it's clearly magical in nature.
>To your right is a table, a work desk of some sort, just as cluttered as the floor in front of you.
>Vials filled with roiling liquids of various colors abound.
>In front of the desk appears to be... a pony?
>You're having a bit of trouble discerning what they are, or whether or not they are alive.
>According to Sanctus, there should be nopony down here.
>Unsettling to say the least, but chances are it's just a statue of some kind.
>In any case, you should be moving on.
>Which of the doors do you go through: Left, Right, or Center?
>>
>>29226562
Obviously inspect the statue/corpse/whatever that thing is. We don't want it silently following us while we wander through the basement, right?
>>
>>29226562
Peek into each door and ask Brutus' opinion.
>>
>>29226562
Right
>>
>>29226562 >>29226614
>>29226632 >>29226634

>You opt to go through the right door first.
>Grasping it by the handle, you find that it's locked quite tight.
>Moving to each of the other doors in turn, you find them to be locked as well.
>A sneaking suspicion begins to grow in the back of your mind.
>A theory forms, and eager to test it, you try to open the door you came in from.
>Locked.
>But how could that be?
"Brutus, did you lock this door?"
>"Can't say I did, Scribe."
"Well then who did?"
>The both of you unsettled by this strange turn of events, turn to the statuesque figure by the table.
>Could it be the source of these mysterious locked doors?
>A golem of sorts, a mechanical beast whose sole purpose is to keep doors locked?
>The thought is equal parts disturbing an amusing, but you'll get nowhere just thinking.
>So you decide to inspect the figure.
>Drawing closer, you see it wears a simple blue cloak, covering it's wrinkled, lanky extremities.
>It's slightly shorter than you, and you have to look down to meet its eyes, but you see that they are a startlingly bright shade of blue, in contrast to the darkness of the cloak.
>It has an impressively realistic white mane, though it's rather wispy and is falling out in certain patches.
>Every now and then, you can even swear you hear it breathing.
>Whoever made this certainly went all out!
>"If you're quite done staring at me, I would very much like to know who you are.
>The creature speaks! Startled, you fall back, uprighting yourself quickly.Could it be just... a regular pony?
>"I'll ask you again: who are you? And more importantly, how did you, an Earth Pony, break into my home, get into my basement, and make it past some of the best security Negra Beliza, nay, the Unicorn Kingdom has to offer?"
>The creat-, er, stallion says this all calmly, though you detect an underlying anger to his words.
>>
>>29226953
Are you... Tela De'tera?
>>
>>29226953
Your home? Sorry, didn't know there was anyone living here...really should put up a sign.

As for why, we're here to collect an item for our friend to make a healing potion
>>
>>29227095
>Your home? Sorry, didn't know there was anyone living here...really should put up a sign.
Did you even read the least thread? There's a guy guy living here now.
>>
>>29227311
I think he means living in the basement, as Sanctus lives alone.

>>29226953 >>29227001
>>29227095

"Your home? I apologize. I wasn't aware anyone lived here. You should probably put up a sign."
>"There is a sign. It even has my name on it. Plain as day, right on my front door."
"O-oh. Sir, you wouldn't happen to be Tela De'tera, would you?"
>"Indeed I am."
>Tela De'tera!? But you're supposed to be d-"
>You quickly shove a hoof in front of Brutus' mouth.
"Well, sorry we missed it. In any case, my companion and I are here to collect an item, for a healing potion."
>"An item you say? For a healing potion? And who may I ask is making this potion?"
>"Is it some Earth Shaman? Or does your friend there know an alchemist?"
>"And speaking of your friend, what exactly was he about to say? What exactly am I supposed to be?
>"And again, I ask, WHO ARE YOU?"
>He shouts these last words, clearly getting a tad frustrated.
>Based on how many questions he asked you, and how quickly he spat them out, you get the feeling he's a bit scatterbrained.
>At the same time, you don't think you'll be able to skimp over any details with him, especially if he truly is who he says he is.
>>
>>29227458
We have been personally sent by Miss Lenna Ton'berri to obtain a manticore's poison sac. Please forgive us for our rudeness.
>>
>>29227458
>>29227511

"We've been sent by Miss Lenna Ton'berri to obtain a manticore's poison sac. Please forgive us for our rudeness.
>"By Lenna you say? Well if you were sent by her, then you most certainly should have known this was my home."
>"And honestly, I can't understand why she wouldn't just come visit me herself. She, Rosa and Sanctus have been on rather rough terms lately, but she should know she can come to me for anything..."
>"Come to think of it, Lenna doesn't even know I keep manticore's. Something about you're story isn't adding up, stranger."
>You turn to Brutus, getting a little nervous.
>He's just as nervous as you are.

Do you keep it vague, be totally honest with him, or some other thing?
>>
>>29228020
Honesty is the best policy. Let's tell him the story.
>>
>>29228020
Well sir, to be more accurate, I was sent by Miss Ton'berries to Miss Vivan Crowe who sent us here. I'm... not sure how long you've been down here but somepony has moved into your home above you.

>>29227095
Good job blowing it.
>>
>>29228020
>>29228066
>>29228172
>>
>>29228020 >>29228066
>>29228172 >>29228464

"Well sir, to be more accurate, I was sent by Miss Ton'berri, to Miss Vivian Crowe who sent us here."
"I'm... not sure how long you've been down here, but somepony has moved into your home above you."
>"Miss? Oh, I'm sure Lenna and Vivi would love to hear you call them that. And I assure you, nopony lives here but me. In this basement or otherwise."
>"...Well, that's not entirely true, but I'm the only one who lives here of my own volition."
>Brutus speaks up.
>"What of the one called Sanctus?"
>"Sanctus? He lives not too far from here but- hold on. Your circlets have a rather familiar air to them."
>"They wouldn't happen to be of Alcum make, would they?"
"In fact they are. Made by Orich Alcum the Seventh."
>De'tera looks stunned by this information.
>"The Seventh, you say? Oh, I think I finally understand what's going on here."
>He gazes behind you, his gaze stopping on an object on the floor, a simple staff, nothing of real note.
>"You stepped on that staff when you walked in. I'm sure you'll say you didn't, but that's because where you came from, it didn't exist. At least, not in it's current state."
>"Likely, by then, it's disintegrated or splintered or something to that effect."
>"You there, you were going to say I was dead, yes?"
>Brutus nods slowly.
>"That's what I thought. Well I've got good news and even better news for the both of you."
>"The good news is that that staff isn't the worthless hunk of junk I once thought It was, though I suppose that's mostly good for me."
>"The better news is that you've been taken from your time to mine. But I can easily send you back to wherever it is you came from!
>>
>>29228763
A different time? What time is this?
>>
>>29228763
You'll have to excuse me, all this time travel stuff is a little tough to wrap my head around.
>>
>>29228763
...Time travel? Really?
>>
>>29228763 >>29228804
>>29228805 >>29229078

>Your head spins at the thought of time travel.
>Not long ago at all, you had been marveling at Goldheart's ability to halt the flow of time.
>To think something existed that could reverse its flow was just too much for you.
"You'll have to excuse me. This talk of time travel is a bit tough to wrap my head around."
>"Chronomancy is a tough subject to wrap your head around. Even I have trouble understanding it from time to time."
>Tela furrows his brow for a moment.
>"Ha! Time to time! I'll have to remember that."
"Would you mind telling me what time this is, exactly?"
>"If you mean the year, that would be twenty-fifty."
>One hundred and seventeen years!
>A full century and some change you've been sent back. Truly staggering.
>"But as I said, you can go back whenever you want. Just take that staff over on the floor by the southern door and you should be able to get back to where you're from."
>"I've never been able to get it to work but for whatever reason, you can."
>"Give it a tap on the ground, focus on your time and you should get back no problem."
"Seems a tad oversimplified.
>"Would you like the in depth analysis on how the staff functions, it's place of origin and why it was crafted in the first place?"
>"Because that origin story would take quite a long while to give."
"No, no, I'm fine."
"Right then. Just give it a tap, and be on your way.
>"Oh! But first, let me draw up a simple map of my basement for you. It's not overly large, but it's still quite easy to get lost, if you're not familiar with the layout."
>With an aura of blue, he uses his magic to grab a quill and starts writing something down on a piece of parchment.
>"While I'm doing this, do you think I could ask you a question? Well, more like a favor."

Side Quest opportunity! Accept his request and who knows what rewards await us. Of course, you could just deny his request and continue on with our given task.
>>
>>29229403
Well, with time travel involved, I don't see any particular rush. Fire away, by all means.
>>
>>29229403
Depends upon the favor I suppose, and only if you tell me how old Ton'berri is.
>>
Pausing, be back tomorrow.
I love you all
>>
>>29229603
I love you too, dude
>>
>>29229403
Well, it's not like we'll lose time on it.
>>
>>29229403
Accept quest!
>>
>>29229403
why not, we have 117 years till we have to get back...
>>
Damn, Lenna is OLD
>>
>>29230641
Guess it's the perks of White magic
>>
>>29230641
OLD

ASS

MARE
>>
>>29229473
YES!
>>
>>29232110
>>
So does Lenna count as a cougar? Or maybe a milf?
>>
>>29229403 >>29229417
>>29229473 >>29230131
>>29230541 >>29230638

"Well, it really depends on the favor. Though of course, It's not like we're hurting for time."
>"Ha!"
"Again, we're no in any particular rush. We've got one hundred and seventeen years to kill after all."
"But I do have one condition."
>"Oh?"
"Could you tell me how old Lenna is?"
>The old stallion gives you a sly look and nudges you a bit.
>"Got a thing for unicorns, do we now? Well, you're in luck because Lenna has quite the thing for just about anypony that isn't a unicorn. She just turned twenty-two this past week."
"She's hardly older than me!"
>"Younger than her, are you? Well then you're doubly in luck. Lenna goes crazy for younger stallions. She gets it from Vivi, I think. That mare is one bad influence after another. But she means well, so..."
>"In any case, I've fulfilled my end, time for you to fulfill yours."
>"Whatever time you've come from, you've somehow managed to get from there to my home now."
>"This means that wherever you are from, the city of Negra Beliza must still stand, correct?"
"Yes, it does. Miss Ton'berri would have come to get the supplies herself, but she says she can't come here for whatever reason."
>"Hmm..., then I suppose at least a few of my fears have come to pass. Though, you being an Earth pony means that at least the worst of them has not come to fruition."
>"I'm sure you've come to find that Negra is not the friendliest of cities to your kind, correct?"
>"No need to answer, your face says it all. Well, it might come as a surprise to you, but as it turns out, this city isn't friendly even to it's own kind."
>"Within these obsidian walls, the worst of ideals are allowed to stew and ferment. Hatred is bred from birth, animosity towards the other races encouraged."
>"Relations have always been rocky between the Three Tribes, but Lord del Toro, he seeks to bring it to a completely different level."
>"He wants genocide."
>>
>>29233678
Why foster such animosity among the citizens? For what purpose?

Lenna as just made my possible waifu list.
>>
File: Tela's basement.png (170KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Tela's basement.png
170KB, 1600x1600px
>>29233678

>Genocide?
"Genocide?"
>"Genocide."
"Why foster such animosity among the citizens? For what purpose?"
>"He believes very firmly in the superiority of unicorns. And not just in the normal way that most unicorns believe in their inherent superiority."
>"He believes that the other races serve no purpose, that we could do their jobs just as well and ten times as fast."
>"By nurturing this belief among his citizens, he has managed to create a city filled with ponies that think like him. And those that don't think like him, are far too scared to state otherwise."
>"What with his elite Evoker squadrons, spirits roaming the street, conscripting roughly eighty percent of the stallion population into his guard, it would be foolish not to be scared."
"Lenna managed to see it far before I did, but I was the master and she the student... except she wasn't the student. Not anymore."
>"Anyway, the point is, I managed to see Lord del Toro for what he was before I had done even more irreparable damage than I already have."
>"And in the event an opportunity would present itself, as it has now, I managed to keep a few things stored away in this very basement, that might help you keep del Toro from achieving his goals. You'll be gathering these things up for me."
>"I would get them for you myself, but... I've been feeling rather weak as of late."
>"I apologize for my laziness, sincerely. I promise I'll make this worth your while.
>He floats the hastily sketched map he drew into your hooves.
>"Right now you're in the circle marked 'main lab'. As you can see, it's not a very complicated layout. However, there are some obstacles I've set in place as failsafes, that unfortunately, I won't be able to disable."
"What kind of obstacles"
>"Oh, a spell here, an enchanted suit of armor there. Honestly, it gets hard to keep track of what spell I cast where."
>"In any case, I think I have a little something that should be able to help you bypass certain bits.

1/2
>>
>>29233925

>Using his magic, he floats the staff that had brought you here over to his table.
>He says a few words you don't hear and with a flash, the staff is surrounded in the blue aura of Tela's magic.
>"This staff, to give the short of it, will allow you to jump between my present and your present at will. At least, within the confines of my basement."
>"If things looks a bit hairy, or if you just can't get to a certain location in the time your in, give it a nice hard tap on the floor, and you should get about a centuries worth of perspective on the situation."
"Sounds simple enough."
>"It really isn't, but I'm glad you feel that way."
>"Now, I'm having you look for five vials of a white, smoky liquid. There is one placed in just ahead in the main hall, another within the library, one in Anita and Sarky's room, one just behind us in the spare storage room, and another one with... him."
>"All I need is for you retrieve those vials and bring them back to me."
>"Does that sound simple enough?"
"Sure does."
>"Excellent. Now go, be on your way. Unless of course you have any questions?"
>>
>>29234057
I maybe missed something, but do we know who/what are Anita, Sarky, 'him' and 'it'?
If we don't, then ask De'Tera about all of it.
>>
>>29234057
And also ask him if the amount of time-travels is limited or not.
>>
I think we should save "him" for last. It's probably either a giant monster or some object that has been given a personality and is a dickhead
>>
>>29234057
Let's ask him about evocation he may know a thing or two that could he us.
>>
>>29234057
So...future Negra Beliza isn't exactly full on genocidal towards non unicorns as it is incredibly isolationist. I had to have a spell cast on me so I could enter the city.

Any observations on that? Because Aurus isn't too friendly by most standards, though its a paradise compared to here. I'd hate to see the same thing happen elsewhere.
>>
>>29234057 >>29234094
>>29234111 >>29234128

>In fact, you do have a few questions.
"Who exactly are Anita and Sarky?"
>"Hm? Oh, yes sorry about that, those are the names of my manticores. Both female, and both nasty little buggers."
>"To be frank, I've gotten just about all the usefulness I can out of them. You said you needed Manticore venom sacs, yes? Feel free to take them, however you choose to."
"Well all right. Thank you. Now, what about 'him' and 'it'?"
>Tela furrows his brow at this inquiry.
>"Him... well, him is an individual I'm not exactly fond of referring to by name. And he's not terribly fond of me to be honest."
>"When you go to retrieve my vial, He'll be terribly upset. About what I don't know. I've never been able to find out. Just whatever you do, don't let him out."
>"And it? Well, it is a bit of a surprise. Consider it a part of your reward for doing this for me. I assure it's something you'll like."
>What could that be, you wonder?
"And you mentioned spirits earlier. Are you an evoker perhaps? What do you know about evocation?"
>"More than I'd care to know, my child. If you have any questions on the subject, I have a very relevant book on evocation in my library."
>"If you'd like, you can have it. Better in your hooves than in those of del Toro's army."
>"Actually, now that you mention it, how do you even know about evocation."
"Through my father, and to a greater extent, my brother. Both unicorns, though I am not. We aren't natives of Negra Beliza. I'm simply here on a mission."
"And I must say, in my time, It isn't so much genocidal as it is massively isolationist. Earth ponies aren't even allowed in the city. I had to have a spell cast on me just to enter the city."
>"Is that so? Chances are then that del Toro's son has taken the mantle of Lord. He's about as progressive as his father, but not nearly as fanatical."
>"I say you managed to dodge an arrow if he's all you have to deal with."

1/2
>>
>>29234506
>"All I really have to say on the matter, is that you can't let maniacs get into power. When the mad rule the world, we all end up worse off."
>"In any case, it's time you went off, Don't worry about overusing the staff."
>"So far as I know, if you can use it once, you can keep using it."
>"Oh, and I'm sure I shouldn't have to remind you of this, but be sure to keep careful track of your inventory."
>"You never know what might prove to be useful. That, and you wouldn't want to be leaving things in other time periods. I've heard things can get pretty messy when you do stuff like that."
>"Now, go. There is much to do, and quite a lot of time to do it."
>Tela chuckles at his own joke and waves you off, returning to whatever he was doing.
>Orich grabs your hoof, and you bang the staff against the floor.
>A feeling similar to when Goldheart stopped time washes over you briefly, and then you find yourself surrounded by darkness.
>Not complete darkness, but remarkably darker than the room in the time you just left.
>Still, it's light enough for you to see.
>And what you see is that the floor is still covered in books.
>Though hey have all been knocked from their neat piles, and many appear torn and mildew-ridden.
>Some even seem to be... burned? Odd.
>The only thing lacking clutter is Tela's workdesk, now devoid of bottles and liquids. You can see a few papers on it though.

>All right, time to collect your wits. You've got quite a few places you could go. But where do you go first?
>>
>>29234591
Main hall and library first.
>>
Be bcak soon, have to go forage for dins
>>
>>29234591
>Orich grabs your hoof.

I thought we were with Brutus?
>>
>>29234831
SHIT!
Sorry, I'm tired, I meant Brutus
>>
Guys I'm sorry to cut the session short, but I just got some rough news. I can't really get back in the headspace to write. I'll be back tomorrow.

I'm so sorry, and I don't think I can stress that enough.
>>
>>29235000
It's ok, Mora.
>>
>>29235000
It's alright Mora, hope the situation resolves OK
>>
saved from falling off the board bump
>>
File: DubsDash.png (116KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
DubsDash.png
116KB, 250x250px
>>29234933
>>29235000
Anita and Sarky. I see what you did, there. And I like it.
>>
>>29234506

I still want to fuck a little with time-space continuum.

What if we time-travel a bit in this very room, make sure that there is a book that is existant in both past and future, then take it in the future, then return to the past and take it in the past and then return to the future to see if the book is still there?

Since we are not leaving anything, we are cool, right?
>>
>>29234591 >>29234622
>>29237315

>Before you do anything, you first check your inventory, to see what you actually have on you.
>After looking through your saddlebags and giving yourself a once over, you compile a list.

>Current Inventory: One time bending staff; one armored circlet and necklace combo, currently inactive for some reason; Lucy the lucerne, currently in warhammer state; a few blank scrolls, an inkwell, and couple of quills; and the Belle sisters bell.
>Brutus has the Midan Lily within his own bag, and is wearing an armor circlet and necklace.
>He seems to be having a problem opposite to you, in that his armor won't retract.
>Whatever forces are at work in the basement, it's preventing your armors from functioning properly.
>A bit worrying, and definitely something to remember.
>With your wits about you, you get ready to set forth into the main hall.
>But then again...
>Before you get to caught up in this little hunt for vials, maybe it might be best to give the staff a test run?
>Just to see if it works properly, of course. A little bit of experimentation, just to see what you can and can't do."
>But what exactly would you do to test it out?
>>
>>29240072
Personally I think we should just go on ahead to the main hall.
>>
>>29240072
Just test it like I said there: >>29237315
>>
>>29240072 >>29240164
>>29240194

>A quick little experiment pops into your head.
>You spy a book on the floor, titled "The Gods Equation: Ancient mythologies and the truths they hold within."
>A wordy title, but easy enough to remember.
>Telling Brutus you won't be but a moment, you tap the staff and are returned to Tela's time.
>You give yourself a brief moment for your eyes to adjust and then scan the floor for the book.
>You find it rather quickly, sitting atop a pile rather close to Tela.
>Tapping once more, you return to the present, grab the book, and tap again.
>You drop the future book down on top of a pile just across from it's past self, and tap again.
>Upon returning to your time, you find that both copies of the book remain! Of course, the one that was originally from the present is now a tattered, unrecognizable mess, but it was interesting, nonetheless.
>You wonder if the process might work again, or if performed in reverse, but decide that's an experiment for another moment.
>"Care to tell me what that was all about, Scribe?"
"Just testing something."
>"Well, whatever you wanted to figure out, I hoe you did it. I'd rather not watch you blink in and out of existence anymore, if it's all the same."
>You give him a nod and the two of you proceed into the main hall, the door almost falling off it's hinges as you push it open.
>The main hall is far grander and much more open that the lab that preceded it, though it seems to be in that much more disarray.
>Rubble, weaponry, and armor plates litter the floor. Remnants of some conflict perhaps?
>The room is surprisingly well lit , which should make finding the vial fairly easy.
>As you prepare to search, you see a small metallic creature, with a shape something like a cross between a rodent and a bird, scurrying about, doing it's best to clean up the mess in the room.
>Who knows how long it's been trying to complete this Sisyphean task?
>You can hear it chattering and mumbling to itself. Maybe it can speak?
>>
>>29240397
Waaaait. Now comes the fun part. Blink to the past and drop tattered book there. Then blink to the future. Since no one had visited the basement except us we will find the book in the future, though even more tattered.
>>
>>29240397
Try asking the little thing what it's doing.
>>
>>29240397
Have Brutus approach it and attempt communication.

>>29240455
No more playing around.
>>
>>29240530
It is not playing around, it is a legit way to duplicate things!
Just find something golden and we are rich!
>>
>>29240530
>No more playing around.
I agree.
>>
>>29240397 >>29240455
>>29240528 >>29240551
>>29240530

>The strange metallic creature scurries about.
>You try to walk up to it, shouting out to grab it's attention, but it ignore's you.
>Or perhaps it didn't hear you? It's hard to tell.
>It simply continues to scamper about the room, trying to organize the various detritus.
>You consider for a moment that maybe you should leave Brutus to try and capture it while you experiment with time travel a bit more, but that seems a bit childish.
>So instead you just ask him to try his luck at getting it's attention.
>"You got it. HEY! YOU, LITTLE RAT LOOKIN' THING! WE NEED TO TALK TO YOU!"
>It turns it's head briefly, stopping to look at the voice that has accosted it with such rude reference.
>It apparently decides that neither of you are worth the time however, and returns to it's futile efforts to clean the room.
>You might have to get a little physical with this thing if you want any answers.
>Then again, you could always just move on to something else.
>>
>>29240858
Ehh, let's just look for the vial.

Compliment Brutus on a good job getting it's attention.
>>
>>29240896
This.
>>
>>29240858 >>29241879
>>29240896

>You decide chasing the creature isn't worth it.
>May as well just start looking for the vial.
"Good job on getting that things attention, Brutus. More than I was able to do."
>He gives you a smile and the two of you start to looking for the vial.
>You inadvertently begin to aid the creature in it's duties, starting to clean up bits and pieces, in the hopes some piece of debris might be obscuring your quarry.
>As you move things, you can't help but notice that certain areas are scorched.
>What could have caused that?
>The creature is given pause, at it observes the both of you neatly placing chunks of fallen rock and various other objects it was too weak to displace in piles.
>It begins to walk slowly up to you and Brutus.
>Brutus notices and seems ready to pounce on the thing.
>But you put your hoof up, and tell him to wait.
>The creature seems cautious of you both, not quite afraid, but not exactly trusting.
>Maybe you could do something to show it you mean no harm?
>Or maybe you should just let it move at its own pace?
>>
>>29242106
Say hello. Clearly it understands speech
>>
>>29242106
>>29242133

>You say hello to the creature, but it doesn't respond.
>It seems to still not quite understand that you're friendly.
>It's overly large eyes betray a warmth not inherent to artificial creatures, as though something lay behind the cold exterior.
>All in all, while a tad awkward, the thing is quite cute
>Slowly and nervously, it extends on of it's lanky limbs out towards you, it's mechanical yet animalistic paw open in some sort of gesture.
>How do you respond?
>>
>>29242311
Uh... shake and hold hooves with it?
>>
>>29242311
put our hoof in its paw maybe?
>>
>>29242311
Does it eat things?
>>
>>29242311 >>29242372
>>29242403 >>29242457

>You put your hoof in the creatures paw.
>It closes it's digits around your hoof, and slowly begins to shake your hoof.
>You put yourself into it, entering into a mutual hoofshake with the mechanical creature.
>It wraps it's other paw around your hoof, shaking more frantically.
>It's putting so much energy into the action, it's actually making you tired just looking at it.
>The ordeal must look pretty funny from the outside, because you can hear Brutus snickering just behind you.
>Eventually, the creature gets tired, or at least no longer sees it necessary to shake your hoof, and settles down.
>It steps back and seems to place you and Brutus in a new light.
>It places it's paws on it's chest, moving with exaggerated motions.
"I am Yama. Who are you?"
>"Hello, Yama. I am Ghost Scribe, and this is my friend Brutus."
>Brutus gives a short wave at Yama.
>You have a few things you'd like to ask this thing, but first and foremost, you have a question that needs answering.
"So, uh, Yama... do you eat?"
>"Yama eats magic. Magic and feelings, and magical feelings. Yama has been very lonely. Many magics have gone from here. There are no feelings to eat."
>"Yama was scared when she saw you. It has been many years since Yama has seen ponies. Did not recognize at first."
>Interesting. You wonder what Yama could have been up to down here for so long.
>>
>>29242505
So what do you do down here, Yama?
>>
>>29240397
Gold doesn't tarnish. We could drop one Bit in the past, nab it in future, drop it in the past again, grab both from the future, drop those in the past, grab 4 from the future...
>>
>>29242505
"Did you work for the sorcerer who owned this place?"
>>
>>29242505 >>29242515
>>29242613 >>29242582

"So what do you do down here Yama?"
>"Yama cleans. Yama also cooks and cuddles and does whatever is asked of Yama.
>"But Yama has not cooked or cuddled for a very long time. And the cleaning has been very difficult. No matter how hard Yama tries, the mess does not get smaller."
>"Yama wonders if Yama should just give up. But Yama does not want to disappoint the master, so Yama keeps cleaning."
>Master? You have a fair idea who that might be.
"Did you work for the sorcerer that owned this place?"
>"Yama did. And Yama still does. Master Tela is very kind. He gave Yama this body when Yama had none and had almost entered the long sleep."
>"It is for Master Tela that Yama cooked and cuddled. And it is for Master Tela that Yama cleans."
>"He has not been here for a long time. Yama misses him. He left very long ago, with ponies who said he was very sick."
>"Ponies of white and black and red and green, who came and took Yama's master away. But Yama waits. Yama knows he will return someday."
>Oof. That's something you'll have to explain to her at some point.
>But now that she's willing to talk, maybe you can ask her a few things.
>>
Pausing for the night
>>
>>29242891
Think we could bring Yama back with us when we use the staff?
>>
>>29242957
Would that help? I might have my sorcerers confused, is there another Yama at the back-in-time location? We might just multiply Yamas. I say we simply take her with us when we leave into the modern world?
>>
>>
>>29243661
It would just make 2 Yama's and that's kinda dumb so I vote to ask if she (she's a she right?) wants to come help us find the vials I bet she knows the layout of traps. Also possible party member and/or friend for Golet. But we would have to explain that Tela is dead that could go something like "Yama the ponies that said Tela was sick they were right he passed away a long time ago I've only had a brief conversation with him but he was a good pony"
>>
>>29244636
wow I really fucked up, it's supposed to have spoiler text
>>
>>29244636
I say we just go back to Tela and ask what we should do with future Yama.
>>
>>29244544
>>
>>29242957 >>29243661
>>29244636 >>29244715

>You don't know how to go about telling Yama that Tela is dead, so you'll wait on that.
>But maybe she could help you find the vials?
>After all, she should have sufficient knowledge of this place's layout, and should be able to help you avoid any traps that may have lingered on after old Tela's death.
"Yama, may I ask you something?"
>"Yama can answer any question asked of Yama."
"Would you happen to know where my friend and I could find little white vials?"
>"Little... white vials?"
>Yama seems to become nervous at the mention of these.
>Does she know something? strange about them?
"Yes, Yama. Little vials, with some strange smoky liquid in them. Do you know where we could find these?"
>"Y-yes. Yama knows. But Yama cannot tell. Yama promised to keep Master's memories safe."
>"Yama cannot give them to you until Master says it is okay."
"Memories? What do you mean, memories?"
>"Eep! Yama has said too much! Yama is sorry new friends, but Yama must clean!"
>"If Master returns soon, Yama can ask if friends can see his little white vials. Yama is sorry! So sorry!"
>Bashful and embarrassed, Yama scuttles back to her cleaning duties.
>You should probably make a trip back to the past to ask Tela what to do with her.
>And also to see if he can convince her to help them with finding the vials.
>But should you return to the lab and warp, or just warp from here?
>>
>>29247590
I say go to lab, warp, come back to hall, then warp again. But yes, back to Tela. Tell him that in the future Yama is still here, still cleaning, and expecting him to return. Also explain how she won't tell us where the vials are.
>>
>>29247590
>>29247608

"Brutus, come with me. I think I know how we can convince her to help us out."
>"I hope so. I'm sure she'd make this whole ordeal a great deal easier."
>The two of you return to the lab, and with a tap, you are back in the brightly lit lab of the past.
>Tela notices your arrival and seems surprised to see you back.
>"Are you finished with the errand I gave you so soon?"
>"I mean, for you, it was probably quite some time, but for me, you only just left a moment ago."
"I'm afraid not. We came back, because we have a question."
>"Oh? Ask away."
"I wanted to see if you could get your little assistant, Yama, to aid us in our search for the vials."
"She's being a bit uncooperative, but only because she's waiting for you. She doesn't seem to understand that, well... that you've passed."
>"I see. Poor, little Yama. All alone for so many years."
>"But I must commend her. If she's survived that long, she definitely did her job properly."
>"I'm sorry, but as much as I'd like tell her to help you, that's not an option at the moment."
>"And why the hell not, old timer?"
>"Many reasons, not all capable of being shared."
>"I can something for you, though."
>Tela uses magic to create a hastily written note, folds it, and seals it tight.
>"Don't open that. Return to your time, go to the main hall, come back to mine, and find Yama."
>"Give that note to her. It should help make her a little more receptive to you."
"And if it doesn't?"
>"Well then, as much as I hate to say it, you'll have to decommission her."
>"You mean kill, right old timer?"
>"I'd rather it not come to that. But if you must."
>"Now if there is anything else you need to ask, I would prefer you ask now, as I am rather busy."
>As you think of things to ask him, you notice a bloodstain and a tear in his bright blue cape.
>Worrying, but perhaps not the biggest concern.
>>
>>29248007
Ask him if he's ok. If he turns down any assistance we go to past as directed Yama.
>>
Monster headache, pausing for the night.Will start a bit late tomorrow due to optometry appointment
>>
>>29249577
>>
>>29248007
A wound taken during a fight perhaps or an experiment gone wrong? I'd like to ask about I get the feeling he's just gonna brush old Ghostie off but ask anyway we should.
>>
>>29252677
>>
>>29251168
Now that I'm thinking about it when Tela was carried off by that bunch of ponies they said he was very sick so what I'm thinking is that that wound he has gives him an infection or virus that couldn't be cured and that's how he dies.
>>
>>29253646
>>
>>29248007 >>29248342
>>29251168 >>29253646

"Master Tela, you're bleeding. Are you alright?"
>"Hmm? Oh, right. I am bleeding. Sometimes I get so caught up in my studies, it takes me a moment to notice things like that."
>"Don't worry yourself about it though, I'll be fine."
>"If you don't mind telling, old timer, where'd you get that nasty gash?"
>Tela glances nervously at the door to the main hall.
>"I think Anita might've given me a scratch. Or maybe Sarky. Honestly, it could've been any number of their children."
>"I'm fine though, I assure you. I get stung, bitten and scratched all the time, it's no issue. I'm practically immune to the venom."
>You're worried, but he seems adamant not to let you aid him in any way.
>With a nod of acknowledgement, you and Brutus hold hooves, and return to the present.
>Moving to the main hall, you see Yama.
>She seems like she's trying to avoid you, occasionally glancing in your direction, but turning away nervously each time.
>It can't be helped. All you can do is try what Tela suggested.
>With another tap, you and Brutus are back in the past, this time in the main hall.
>Everything appears to be much more grand, and certainly much more cleanly, though oddly enough, the floor is still scorched.
>At the exit door, you see many strange armored figures, pony-like in shape, but somehow unnatural in form.
>They appear to be pushing against the door, as if in an attempt to keep something out.
>But what?
>"STATE YOUR NAME. FRIEND OR FOE? WHAT BUSINESS HAVE YOU HERE?"
>A monotonous voice practically shouts these questions at you as a sword tip is placed in the nape of your neck.
>How do you answer?
>>
>>29254473
My name is Ghost Scribe and I'm a friend of Tela De'tera. I'm gathering materials for him.
>>
>>29254473

Somone's after him, I knew it! Explain your from Tela, go ask him if he must. We're here to collect vials.
>>
>>29254473 >>29255163
>>29255165

"My name is Ghost Scribe, and I am a friend of Tela De'tera. I'm-"
>"FALSE. MASTER TELA HAS NO FRIENDS, SAVE FOR HIS FELLOW MAGES."
"What I mean to say is that he is an associate of ours. My associate and I-"
>"I'm Brutus Softsword, yes, hello."
>"I DID NOT ASK YOUR NAME, BRUTUS SOFTSWORD. STORED FOR FUTURE REFERENCE, THOUGH UNAPPRECIATED AND UNNECESSARY."
"Yes, sorry. My associate and I are gathering up small vials for Master Tela. Filled with a smoky white liquid he told us."
>"CROSS REFERENCING YOUR CLAIMS WITH CURRENT KNOWLEDGE IN OUR SHARED DATABANKS, SHOWS THAT YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR MASTER TELA'S MEMORY VIALS."
>"IMPOSSIBLE TO DETERMINE LEVEL OF TRUTH IN YOUR STATEMENT AT THIS TIME."
"Perhaps you could ask Tela himself? He gave us the task after all."
>"NEGATIVE. MASTER TELA'S SAFETY IS PRIORITY NUMBER ONE, AND TO COMPROMISE THE SAFETY OF HIS LABORATORY TO ASK HIM SUCH A FRIVOLOUS QUESTION WOULD BE ILL ADVISED."
>This thing seems pretty adamant.
>What now?
>>
>>29255379
He gave me this staff. You can trust me.
>>
>>29255379
What could I do to prove my claim?
>>
>>29255379
Maybe that piece of paper that he gave us to show Yama could work?
>>
>>29255379 >>29255543
>>29255647 >>29255714

>Maybe that paper Tela gave you will work?
"Look, right here. I have a written statement from-"
>"WRITTEN STATEMENTS ARE EASILY FABRICATED AND DIFFICULT TO TRUST."
"Well then, what can I do to prove my claim?"
>"PROVIDE IRREFUTABLE PROOF THAT MASTER TELA HAS TRUSTED YOU TO SAFEGUARD HIS MEMORY VIALS?"
>Frustrated, you do the only thing you can think of, and pull the staff from your back to show to the armored creature.
"How about this, huh? Is this proof enough?"
>The creature stands completely motionless for a moment, seeming to take the image of the staff into deep consideration.
>"I HAVE DETECTED THE STAFF OF CRONOS IN YOUR POSSESSION."
>"AS THIS STAFF WAS PREVIOUSLY LOCKED WITH MASTER TELA IN HIS LABORATORY."
>"tHAT IT IS IN YOUR POSSESION NOW CAN LEAD ME TO ONLY TWO CONCLUSIONS."
>"THE FIRST IS THAT YOU WERE SOMEHOW TRANSPORTED FROM SOME DISTANT TIME BY THE STAFFS TRICKERY AND THAT MY MASTER HAS DECIDED TO TRUST YOU FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER."
>"THE SECOND IS THAT YOU SOMEHOW MANAGED TO SNEAK PAST OUR PLATOON OF GOLEM SOLDIERS AND BREAK INTO THE MASTERS ROOM, STEALING THE STAFF FROM HIM."
>"THE FORMER IS FAR MORE LIKELY. WHAT IS IT THAT YOU REQUIRE OF ME, COMRADE?"

PAUSING FOR THE NIGHT
>>
>>29255840
Any assistance you could give me retrieving Tela's memory vials would be very much appreciated.
>>
>>29255840
"We need to collect the vials, your help would be appreciated."

I further say we should read the letter to Yama and see if it's something we'd approve of instead of "initiate self destruct" before showing her. Hopefully it's not spell-trapped somehow.
>>
bep
>>
I'll give ya a bump from 10.
>>
>>29258327
>>
>>29255840 >>29256328
>>29256930

"We need to find Tela's memory vials. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated."
>"MEMORY INDICATES THAT THE LOCATIONS OF ALL MEMORY VIALS SAVE FOR ONE ARE CLASSIFIED."
>"THIS VIAL RESTS IN THE POSSESSION OF YAMA THE FEEBLE."
>"Great! Could you bring Yama here? We need to-"
>"NEGATIVE. A LAPSE IN MEMORY CAUSED ME TO MISSPEAK EARLIER."
>"MASTER TELA HAS PLACED THE VALUE OF HER EXISTENCE OVER HIS FOR THE TIME BEING."
>"IN THIS CURRENT STATE OF ALARM, WE CAN NOT CALL HER FORTH, AS TO DO SO WOULD SURELY ENSURE HER DESTRUCTION."
>Damn. It's just obstacle after obstacle.
>While you think up what to do next, you decide to read the note Tela gave you to give to Yama.
>Just to be sure there aren't any traps or weird instructions, of course.
>Upon opening it, the letters jumble and move about, until only two coherent sentences are left.
>'I am offended by your lack of trust. Please close this note.'
>Oh wow.
>You guess he expected curiosity to get the best of you.
>This doesn't solve your problem though. How do you get to Yama?
>>
>>29260389
Like, just go back to her or something.
>>
>>29260389
Call out very loudly.

Say we have a piece of incorpreal cheese or something
>>
>>29260389 >>29260704
>>29260721

>Unsure of what you can accomplish here, you and Brutus return to the present.
>The Yama of this time is still cleaning.
>And also still avoiding you desperately.
>But you need to speak with her.
>So you do what you can to get her attention.
"Yama! I have something for you! It's, uh, cheese! Spirit cheese! Real good stuff."
>Brutus snickers behind you. Clearly the thought of spirit cheese amuses him as much as it does you.
>Yama doesn't think it's funny though, and comes running at the mention of the stuff.
>"Yama loves spirit cheese! Where did Yama's new friend get some?"
"Oh, uh, I don't actually have any."
>The look of disappointment on her mechanical face is heartbreaking.
>"But Yama really wanted some..."
"I'll try to get you some later. Right now I have a question."
>Her ears perk up at the promise of cheese.
>"Yama has answers!"
"All those years ago, when the basement was being attacked, where did you hide?"
>"Oh no, friend, Yama cannot answer that. Hiding place secret."
>"But Yama can say why Yama hid. many burners and freezers and shockers came to hurt the Master."
>"Master's metal soldiers protected Yama and Master, beat them good. Yama only came out when it was safe."
>From the sounds of it, it sounds like Tela was raided by evokers, for some reason.
>Maybe if you go back and help the golem soldiers beat them back, you can gain Yama's trust.
>Then again, she's right here..., you could just grab her and break her open to get what you need. It would be easier and far simpler.
>Or you could just give up altogether and just get what you came for. This whole ordeal is starting to seem like a great deal of trouble.
>>
>>29260792
Ask brutus if he's up for a bit of fighting.
>>
>>29260792
We still have all the time in the world, thanks to the staff...
>>
>>29260792
I don't want just kill an innocent... thing. Yama a cute, even though I have trouble picturing her.
>>
>>29260792
We should probably give her the note.
>>
>>29261056
Oh, I didn't even notice that we didn't. I assumed we would have done that.
>>
>>29260792 >>29260804
>>29260840 >>29260980
>>29261078

>You briefly consider giving up, but quickly decide against it.
>With the "Staff of Cronos", as the Golem soldier had called it, you literally have all the time in the world to take care of this issue.
>And the thought of just snuffing out Yama's life sickens you as it enters your mind, and you quickly force it out.
>Suddenly, an idea pops into your head.
"Yama, I have a note for you."
>"A note for Yama?"
"Yes, for you! It's from your Master. He wrote it a long time ago."
>You hand her the note. She looks over it excitedly, but the excitement soon fades, replaced once again by disappointment.
>"Yama cannot read the note... it is very faded. Crinkly and old. Just like Master was. Yama misses Master."
>She hands you the note back, and you see it is quite old. It must have aged when you brought it back from the past. Good to know.
>As Yama slinks away, you're left with just one option.
"How do you feel about doing a little fighting, Brutus?"
>"Eh, my sword could use a bit of fresh air."
>"What are we fighting exactly?"
"If my assumptions are correct, we'll be fighting a few of those spirits we saw earlier."
"I have no idea how tough this could be. In my only experience with fighting a spirit, I had a book that let me get rid of it fairly quickly."
"So this might be difficult, but I think we stand a fair chance at victory."
>"Well...alright. As long as we fight side by side, we should be fine."
>There is a hint of nervousness in Brutus' voice, but you know you can count on him not to back down.
>Another tap, and you're back in past, Golem soldiers at attention, and the door practically being broken down with how much banging is being done.
>"GREETINGS ONCE MORE COMRADE."
"We've come to help you fight back your assailants. We're ready when you are."
>"ARE YOU QUITE SURE? WE WOULD BE GLAD TO OPEN THE DOOR AND BEAT BACK OUR ENEMIES, BUT PERHAPS YOU WOULD LIKE A MOMENT TO COMPOSE YOURSELF?"
>>
>>29261172
Consider on what we know and our available tactics for the fight.

What stance will we use?
How will we work with Brutus?
How can we work with the golems?
Where will Yama be?
>>
>>29261172
Oh boy, first real combat.
>>
>>29261227
>>29261172

>You take a brief moment to go over every possible strategy in your mind.
>Based on the way the door is being pounded on, you can only assume that it's low level spirits on the attack.
>An Ifrit would have blown the door down long ago, and likely wouldn't have been able to fit in this space anyway.
>So spirits roughly the size of or a bit larger than you.
>In that case, the traditional style could serve you well, as it would allow you more stable ground to fight the spirits on.
>However, the Taur style, though you aren't the most skilled at it, might allow you to get some high blows on your opponents.
>Of course, with your armor malfunctioning the way it is, keeping your balance could prove difficult.
>As for Brutus, he wields a broadsword, and his armor, though also malfunctioning, is fully activated. You could probably use him to deflect oncoming blows if you're quick enough.
>And with his short range, you should probably use Lucy at her full range as a lucerne. You could probably make her work as a warhammer too, but varied range could be important here.
>The Golems themselves are all capable warriors, it would seem. One of them has the combat prowess of ten or more of you. At least, that's the feeling you get.
>You can't really think of a way to utilize them, save as living walls in the event something particularly deadly comes your way.
>Briefly, you consider Yama, but she said she had been in a hiding place during this fight. So no need to worry about her.
>Your only concern now, is how to process the information you've gone over.
>How will you approach this fight? You should choose carefully, as it could very well mean the difference between life and death.
>>
>>29261434
I say we get some distance and use lucerne. Have Brutus be more aggressive while we try to back him up.
>>
Pausing for the night. I'm sorry this is going so slowly. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
>>
inb4 we change history by saving Tela
>>
>>29261434
"OK, Brutus, you take them on traditional style, I'll stay behind you taur-style and pick 'em off from above you."
>>
>>29261646
>>29261832
Seems like a solid plan I am a bit concerned with the no armour but I guess just dodge the flames.
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.