[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space CYOA: Hunter’s Mercenary Adventures Thread 15

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2

File: Hunter CYOA Picture 1.png (158KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter CYOA Picture 1.png
158KB, 600x600px
Space CYOA: Hunter’s Mercenary Adventures. Short edition

Story so far: http://pastebin.com/LXLayvbb
Or: https://www.anonpone.com/hunter/

FAQ and newcomer information: http://pastebin.com/2zWbP4vw

Character, Crew, and Finances information: http://pastebin.com/1dwAAjWE

Original story (Space Vex): https://www.anonpone.com/vex/

CYOA that started it all (by SpaceHorse): https://www.anonpone.com/space/

Space CYOA timeline: http://pastebin.com/YzEqweQx

Equipment information: http://pastebin.com/rGBniSRh
>>
>>29222704
“Will do, thanks for the warning.”
>”Yep... good luck.”
>The call ends, you looking to Fixit.
“Come on boy, we have work to do.”
>You head back to the kitchen, informing the crew.
“So, Ash, Rebel, Midnight, and Mich will look up on the surface while Steel and myself search the sewers.”
>”And me?” Twitch asks.
>You sigh shaking your head.
“I’m sorry, but Forest told me that ponies are going after Hybrids. I know you can handle yourselves for the most part, but I’d rather avoid problems or harm.”
>”Fair enough.”
“Astray… Know anypony who could help us find the guy?”
>”N-no… I could help search with the drone.
“Thankyou.”
>You look to Breeze, smiling.
‘He might feel awkward around you, but he will need all emotional support he could get. Especially with someone like you.’
>Breeze nods, letting you leave and change clothes
>It’s not long before you all head out, you and steel going to a sewer access.
>Fixit lifts the cover off, letting you all hop down.
“Gaah!”
>You recoil from the smell, Steel looking to you as Fixit and the drone come down
>”What?” Steel asks, the drone flying ahead.
“It reeks.”
>Steel sighs, shaking his head.
>”If I still had my soul, I’d sell it to even smell shit again.”
>>
>>29222713
"I wouldn't recommend it...it's really bad."

Alright, stop being a pussy and go down the sewer hatch. Use radio uplink with Astray's drone so we keep up on where he is. Use the monitor he gave us to track him before to Steel.
>>
>>29222713
Scout out ahead using Astray's drone. A tad late, but can our radar implant work with it? Regardless, we should take point to take advantage of it.
>>
>>29222713

"I wouldn't recommend it...it's really bad."
>”still would, you have no idea how divine the smell of shit would be for somepony who hasn’t smelt anything in years.”
>You shaky your head, trying out your uplink module for the first time.
>You detect three devices and link to them, feeling your perspective shift slightly.
>It’s nauseating at first, but you can feel and see what both Fixit and the drone sees, getting a feeling in the air as well from the radio detector.
>You give your wrist screen to Steel, hearing the communications fuzzily come to life.
>”Hunter? It’s Breeze. I’m seeing hooftracks in the… well, what’s probably around you.
“Yeah… is Astray there?”
>”Yes, I’m just doing the work for him this time. The night vision this drone has is good, but I’m getting signal issues.”
>You begin walking, feeling the signl from the detector a little more.
“How bad?”
>”I could miss something if it was far away, but I can still work with it.”
>>
>>29222863
If hooftracks can be seen, are they heading in a certain direction that we can follow? How many ponies can be counted from the hooftracks we can see?

Drone should take point in scouting if the sewer is as dark as it sounds. Illumination would be a giveaway.
>>
>>29222863
“Are they heading in a certain direction that we can follow? How many ponies can be counted from the hoof tracks?”
>”One, and yes.”
“Good let’s follow them and keep the drone ahead, my spells could give us away.”
>You all keep going, the soft glow from the drone lighting your path as you travel a long way.
>You end up seeing a little better as you adjust to the implant, Fixit’s infrared vision matching yours and letting you almost see as if you were outside.
>You keep going, the signal from the detector feeling stronger.
>“Oh no… Hunter, there are more tracks, they keep going in every direction now.”
“Is there-
>Your body feels alarms going off inside of it, something from your uplink implant making it so you freeze solid.
>You look down where you were about to set your hoof, seeing a tripwire.
>”Ohhhhhhh…. Somepony thinks they are clever.” Steel whispers.
>>
>>29222983
Very strange. The hoofsteps just split just like that? How did an earthy pony do that? Unless, he had some help to make this happen?

Notify everyone on this matter. Use magic jammer. Maybe it might reveal the hoofsteps to be an illusion and disable any magic-based traps.
>>
>>29222983
>You avoid the trap continuing onwards to where you see multiple tracks, also seeing many paths with tracks going through all of them.
“Very strange. The hoofsteps just split just like that? How did an earthy pony do that? Unless, he had some help to make this happen?”
>”No… it’s like he’s going over his tracks to loose ponies, or he is lost. They go in circles then in the same direction, or against it.”
>You use your magic jammer on the tracks to make sure, nothing happening.
“Damn…”
>You look ahead at the four paths, two going right, one straight, and one left.
>The signal you feel from the radio detector fades slightly, feeling more distant but still strong.
“Any idea what way is right?”
>”No…”
>”Split up?” Steel asks.
>>
>>29223184
With a tripjwire earlier, traps are bound to be a concern. Stick together and go left. Breeze is the only one we who can see those tracks.
>>
>>29223184
“No, I don’t need us getting caught in traps. Left.”
>You go down the tunnel, following the prints.
>Keeping an eye out for more traps, you end up taking a right, then going forward more until you get another right.
>The feeling from the detector feels weaker as you keep walking, taking another right.
>You see the track meet up with others before they both go the same way, another right happening.
>You end up back to where you started, sighing.
>”Fucking rat maze.” Steel says.
>”Hunter, it’s Ash, we haven’t found anything.”
>”Midnight here, same thing, nothing in the industrial sector.”
>>
>>29223521
Call back the others if they couldn't find anything at all. Inform them of what we found down the sewers. Is there any public map of these sewers that we can look up?
>>
>>29223521
“Alright everypony, come back if you haven’t found anything. We found something in the sewers we think. Breeze, can you get a public map of the sewers? Anything?”
>”I’m not sure… let me look.”
>Fixit makes a few noises, his screen opening up.
>The display shows the normal map of the station, but also shows your location, showing that you are between the residential and industrial areas.
>”Sorry hunter, I have nothing. It’s not open to the public” Breeze says.
>The feeling from the detector fades to nearly nothing, Steel speaking up.
>”What’s the plan then boss bug?”
>”We could just wait outside any access areas and beat the bastard to a pulp when he pops up, not like he can live down there.” Ash says.
>>
>>29223890
"Yeah, we could flush him out from down here and you guys can split up and wait outside."

So if we're back at the start then there's only one tunnel we haven't explored yet, go left from out current position.
>>
>>29223890
>>29224001
Going with this also. The rest can cover any exits he might take.
>>
>>29223890
"Yeah, we could flush him out from down here and you guys can split up and wait outside."
>”Roger.”
>”Will do.”
>You take the closest of the left tunnels, continuing on.
>The feeling from the detector grows stronger then vanishes, you continuing on.
>A sound can be heard as you keep walking, growing louder as you approach.
>the tunnel opens up to a large area, other tunnles being flushed with water.
>”A dead end? Did he jump?”
“No, look.”
>The tracks go near the edge and turn back around going back down.
>You sigh in slight frustration, the coms coming to life.
>”Hey uhhh… Hunter. It’s Mich…”
“Is everyting okay?”
>”Yeah… we got him. Or… Ash did. She gave him quite the uh, pat down. But we got him”
>>
>>29224137
Wait... really? Well that was anticlimactic. Good job then. We can regroup and turn him in to forest.
>>
>>29224137
Damn! Keep a close eye on him, we'll be right there.
>>
>>29224137
“Wait... really? Well that was anticlimactic. Good job then.”
>”Trust me, you missed the excitement, you should see him.”
“What? …look, keep a close eye on him, we'll be right there.”
>You and Steel head back with Fixit and the drone in tow, getting back to the surface.
>After some moving around, you spot your crew, all of them waiting as Ash has a smoke off to the side.
>”Fuck.” Rebel says, grinning.
>You look down to see the stallion very much alive, but mauled beyond what you would call the normal face of a pony.
>Blood stains surround his nose and face, the top half of his left ear gone, and numerous slashes cover his body.
>The most noticeable part is the claw marks across his face, going across his right eye and down past his nose and cheek
>Most of them look slightly healed, but not fully, you looking to your uncle.
>”Yeah… I think she went a little overboard”
>”He won’t die though, I have him just enough of a magic spell to keep him form bleeding out.” Rebel says.
>>
>>29224465
Should we heal him?
How much would healing him hurt for his face though? Just regrowing a tooth sounds like agony. Damn, that spell is perfect for torture.
>>
>>29224465
Alright, let's keep him alive and bring him to Forest while we talk to Ash on the way on what happened on the way to him.

"Damn, remind me to never fight you up close. What exactly happened? It looks like you were taking out a longer anger on him."
>>
>>29224465
Can we wake him up and ask for his motive?
>>
>>29224600
Forest can take care of that and find out himself. Interrogation isn't really necessary on our part.
>>
>>29224465
“Alright, let's keep him alive and bring him to Forest. Come on.”
>Steel picks up the stallion as you and all of your crew move.
>You all hurry, getting the stallion turned in and getting the credits.
>Forest smiles and tells you to take a hot bath, saying he can handle the investigation and interrogation from here.
>”I’ll give special mention in the role you played, Hunter. Thanks for the help.”
>You nod and take your leave with your crew, approaching Ash.
"Damn, remind me to never fight you up close. What exactly happened? It looks like you were taking out a lot of anger on him."
>Ash recoils when you get near her, looking over at you.
“What?”
>”Fuck, you smell terrible”
“Sorry…”
>Ash sighs shaking her head.
>”When I caught him, everything was fine and your uncle saw. Then he shouted about me… supporting Hybrids… and I lost it.”
>You give a nod, sighing.
>”And he’s damn right I’m gonna back them and keep lunatics like him away from Breeze and Twitch.”
>>
>>29224926
"If I didn't smell like literal crap right now, I would give you a big hug for saying something like that. Eh, maybe later so don't be too surprised."

Head on back to the ship. Empress station is our next destination. Don't suppose there are any quick shipping jobs directly to it, is there?
>>
>>29224926
Then I completely understand why you did that. C'mon, let's head back. I need a shower...
>>
>>29224926
Maybe Kindle could pilot while we take care of our shower.

Also, we seriously need to ask HOW she learned to pilot if she never worked on a ship before. I am very curious of this.
>>
>>29224926
>You smile, looking at Ash
"Then I completely understand why you did that. If I didn't smell like literal crap right now, I would give you a big hug for saying something like that. Eh, maybe later so don't be too surprised."
>”Yeah, well, buy me a drink or give me a smoke instead.”
>You all get aboard the ship, you quickly checking for any shipments to Empress.
>You sigh at finding nothing, a small gagging sound getting your attention.
>Kindle covers her face as she looks at you, giving an embarrassed smile.
>”S-sorry.”
“No, I know. I’ll get cleaned up now before we fly. Actually, think you could fly us?”
>Kindle nods, smiling.
>”Aye, aye, captian.”
>You head to the crew showers, stripping and getting cleaned up.
>It’s not too long after that that you step out perfectly clean, Midnight waiting outside.
“Oh, hello Master.”
>”Hey Hunter…”
>You pause as his less cherry expression.
“Everything okay?”
>”Yeah, I… just want to discuss something with you quickly before you go.”
“What is it?”
>Midnight looks around, then moves closer to you.
>”Nothing bad, but I’ll be straight forward… You probably have thought about the fact that where we are going and what we are helping Astray with could end very badly. Right?”
>You glance away, looking back to the stallion.
>”I know that this is bad, but it can’t be too terrible. We will need to support him if things turn out bad, but what if we have him something to help along? I know we are pushing boundaries constantly with him, but I wanted to make it a suggestion or at least something to consider. A kid like him shouldn’t have to deal with all this tragedy.”
>>
>>29225395
"Maybe we could give something small if he wants it. Honestly, with everything like this being thrown at him throughout his life, it's forcing him to grow too fast. I hope that we are capable of helping him cope through all this. He's lost too much already."

Check on Astray and Breeze.
>>
>>29225395
Yeah...that sounds like a good idea. What do you have in mind though.
>>
>>29225395
"Maybe we could give something small if he wants it. Honestly, with everything like this being thrown at him throughout his life, it's forcing him to grow too fast. I hope that we are capable of helping him cope through all this. He's lost too much already. What do you have in mind though?"
>”Simple prescription anti depressants to actually letting him have a smoke with us. I never keep anything laced myself, and that one we all had could be a good option.”
“…I’ll think about it.”
>”That’s all I ask.”
>You give a nod, smiling.
“Let’s check on him and Breeze.”
>You both head to Astray’s room, finding the door connecting the room’s open.
>You head into your room to see Breeze and Astray cuddling on your bed, Astray smiling slightly but feeling emotionally disturbed.
>Astray looks at you, smiling a little more.
>”Hey, dad.”
>>
>>29225853
Sit on the bed and pull him into a hug.

'Hey bud, how are you feeling? Anything on your mind?'
>>
>>29225853
Hug and nuzzle him.

"Hey, bud. Just back from a recent venture into crap. How are you now?"
>>
>>29225853
>You smile, movine and sitting on the bed before you give the colt a nuzzle.
"Hey, bud. Just back from a recent venture into crap. How are you now? Anything on your mind?"
>Astray slowly moves against Breeze’s grip, Breeze letting him go and move to you.
>He sits on your lap, hugging you and you hugging back.
>”I don’t know… I don’t.”
>He shivers, tears falling slightly as he keeps a steady voice.
>”I’m… um… I’m expecting the worst, but I really don’t want it to be true. I don’t know what will happen…”
>He sniffles, looking up at you.
>”Are we flying already? Because… you think it should be left alone? A mystery?”
>>
>>29226500
This is important. It's gonna eat you up if you don't don't visit and you know it. Just know that we'll be here for you no matter what. And yeah...we're already heading there. You wanna put on your Neo outfit so you look cool in front of her?
>>
>>29226500
Kiss his forehead.
"Unfortunately, we can't leave it alone. It always be in the back of our minds if we don't do it. It's going to take a while to get there though, so we can do whatever you want in the meantime with us."

>>29226553
I don't think we should mention that last sentence. Astray is assuming the worse possibility of his mother no longer being there.
>>
>>29226500
>You shake your head, smiling.
“This is important. It's gonna eat you up if you don't don't visit and you know it. Just know that we'll be here for you no matter what. And yeah...we're already heading there. You wanna get ready?”
>Astray smiles a little more, nodding.
>”Yeah.”
“Come on then.”
You all get dressed and cuddle more, getting to the station.
>Once there you all leave, following Astray onto the station.
>The entire station is like a garden, cherry trees and flowers everywhere.
>After a good walk you, Midnight, and Breeze all stop at a house that Astray looks up at.
>You look to the colt, seeing worry.
“You okay?”
>”N-no.”
>The colt walk forward, giving the door a knock.
>A more opens the door and looks down, looking surprised.
>”Sweetie…”
>The mare smiles, looking at Astray
>”Aww, it’s a little early for Nightmare night hon. What can I do for ya?”
>Astray’s ears droop slightly, the colt speaking up
>”Um… Sandy beaches?”
>”Oh? Sorry hon, that’s not me. I’ve been here for almost three years now. You could use a terminal though! They have all the names logged on there.”
>”Oh, um, t-thanks.”
>Astray says goodbye to the mare, returning to you with a sad look.
>”I need to have a quick look… you don’t mind, right?”
>>
>>29226829
Course not! Let's check it out. Maybe we will get lucky and get a lead.
>>
>>29226829
Go ahead. We're here to see through this to the end.
>>
>>29226829
“Go ahead. We're here to see through this to the end. Let's check it out. Maybe we will get lucky and get a lead.”
>Astray nods, smiling.
>You head to a terminal and let the colt work, letting him get the information.
>A little bit after, you get moving again, Astray leading.
>”So, where to this time?” Midnight asks.
>”I… um… I don’t know.” Astray says.
>You all keep walking, the scenery still looking amazing.
>You almost feel like you are home, smiling slightly at the artificial breeze.
>”Hang on, I need to check directions.” Astray says.
>Again, the colt get’s on a terminal, looking around as he looks at it.
>Suddenly Astray takes off, sprinting away from all of you.
>>
>>29227060
Sprint after him and follow. Don't attempt to stop him.
>>
>>29227060
Go after him... prepare for despair.
>>
>>29227060
>You take after the colt, Midnight and Breeze following you.
>You see him sprint into a building and go after him, losing him.
“Astray?”
>You search the corridors and isles of the neatly kept building, calling out to the colt.
>”Astray?”
”Astray, where did you go?”
>You round a corner, spotting the colt looking at the wall.
>You approach him and notice something dreadfull, the walls are grave markings.
>When you are close enough, you see what the colt is looking at, frowning.
>The stone reads: Here rests Sandy beaches, loving mother of Sparks, may they both rest peacefully.
>Despair begins to come from Astray, the colt resting his head against the stone as he cries.
>”M-mommy…”
>He takes in a shaky and quick breath, not looking up.
>”I wanna go home.”
>>
>>29227369
Shit...

Pat him on the back and try to comfort him.
>>
>>29227369
...and there is the inevitable sadness.

Nothing left but to be there for him while he rests and mourns. If he really wants to go back, then do so. For now, any type of close comfort likes hugs and cuddling will be necessary. He's got another family there for him now.
>>
>>29227369
Spark? I thought he was an only child?
>>
>>29227369
>You frown, Midnight and Breeze catching up.
>You pat the colt on the back and pull him in for a hug, Astray hugging back very tightly.
>”Oh no…” Breeze says
>”Sparks?” midnight whispers, you getting up and setting the colt on your back.
“Come on, let’s go home.”
>You all walk back to the ship, Steel and Mich talking in the cargo
>Your uncle’s head snaps to you before you are even close, the stallion looking concerned.
>’How bad?’
‘Bad.’
>You get up the ramp and into the ship, your uncle moving up to you.
>”Hey Astray, you okay?”
>The colt sniffs, crying still.
>”N-no, my mommy is gone…”
>Your uncle looks sad, nodding.
>”I’m sorry. Look, I know this isn’t the time, but remember that your great uncle Mich is here for you.”
>”G-great u-uncle?”
>”Yep.”
>Steel gives something of a slightly maniacal laugh, nodding.
>”Good ol’ uncle death is here too.” Just give a call.
>Astray’s despair lightens slightly, the colt being silent for a moment.
>”Okay…”
>You uncle looks to you, giving a sympathetic smile.
>’Need help?’
>>
>>29227593
'No, I got it, thanks.'

I wanna ask him who Sparks is and how they actually died...but I don't know if it's a good time.
>>
File: uncle death.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
uncle death.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>29227593
>”Good ol’ uncle death is here too. Just give a call."
>>
>>29227593
'No, I got it, thanks.'
>You uncle nods, letting you continue.
>Midnight and Breeze go with you to your room, all three of you getting onto the bed when you set Astray on it.
>The colt still cries, but slowly begins to settle as he hugs you.
“It’s okay, we are here for you.”
>”Yeah, we are here for you.” Midnight says.
>Breeze looks unsure what to say, turning her head at a noise.
>You look too, Astray still crying into your chest.
>Kindle is in the doorway, giving a sad smile as she silently sets some bowls down.
>there is icecream in the bowls, the mare quietly waving before she sneaks out.

>>29227665
Fine. you caught me.
>>
>>29227769
'Thanks Kindle.'

Give icecream to Astray and let him calm down.

"You wanna talk about it? Do you know how she died?"
>>
>>29227769
'Thanks Kindle.'
>You levitate the bowls over, giving two to breeze to hold on to and giving one to you and Astray.
>Breeze gives a bowl to Midnight as You get Astray to sit up, giving him the icecream.
“Do you know what happened?”
>”N-no… I need to find out.”
>”Later, just rest.” Breeze says.
>Astray just starts at the icecream, eventually taking a bite.
>You take a bite too, getting some of the best vanilla icecream you ever had.
>”Pretty good, huh?” Midnight says.
>Astray nods, perking up a bit.
>”It is…”
>”Astray, I’m sorry to ask, did you have a brother or sister? The name, sparks was on…
>Astray sniffs, shaking his head.
>”N-no…that’s…my name.”
>>
>>29228087
"Got used to calling yourself Astray and it just stuck around I'm guessing? If you want, we can call you Sparks or continue to call you Astray. Doesn't matter which one, because you're still gonna be my son, Sparks."
Nuzzle him.
>>
>>29228087
W-what? Wait...so Astray is just your...street name or...?
>>
>>29228087
“W-what? Wait...so Astray is just your...street name or...?”
>Astray nods.
>”I made… it up…”
“It just stuck around I'm guessing? If you want, we can call you Sparks or continue to call you Astray. Doesn't matter which one, because you're still gonna be my son, Sparks."
>You nuzzle the colt, getting his despair to go away even more.
“I… don’t know…”
>He sniffs again, hugging you.
>”Thanks dad.”

That's it guys, sorry for only doing one day.
>>
>>29228281
No problem...though this just raises more questions. I don't want to get your hopes up, but...the slab said that you were dead so there's a slim chance that she faked her death as well. We definitely need to investigate this some more. Later though, let's take a break for now...

Don't worry about it. Is your eyesight alright?
>>
>>29228376
Totally fine, just glad it's over with.
>>
>>29228281
Hug him back and give him a quick kiss.
"Hey, come on now, this doesn't only apply to me."
Let the others offer comforting words and affection to him regarding all this. We aren't the only ones there for support.

It's alright Space Bug. A missed day is understandable Important stuff came up I'm guessing?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.