[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is S6 worth watching? S5 was kinda shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: lp.gif (457KB, 303x234px) Image search: [Google]
lp.gif
457KB, 303x234px
Is S6 worth watching?

S5 was kinda shit.
>>
>>29207216
No
>>
>>29207216
Three of us hated it. Four liked it. Two stopped watching after season 3. And five have never seen the show. There's no one else here anymore. Does that answer your question.
>>
>>29207216
S5 and S6 isn't canon. It's jsut a side filler until Meghan finish with the movie. Only season edited by her are canon.
>>
If you thought S5 was kinda shit then I dread to think what your thoughts of S6 are.
S6 was a whole new level of bad.
>>
>>29207216
Season 6 was about as good as season 5 and season 4. Maybe a little worse, maybe a little better, but the difference isn't all that big.
If you hated season 5, then chances are that you will hate season 6 too. I would not recommend you to watch it.
>>
>>29207216
no
>>
File: 42113.jpg (37KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
42113.jpg
37KB, 500x600px
>>29207260
>season 5 was as good as season 4
>>
>>29207270
Well it is not my fault that you people have grown so bitter that you hate mlp more with each year.
>>
>>29207283
>le jaded meme

I almost dropped the show with S3 until S4 salvaged it.
>>
>>29207294
I wouldn't call it jaded. I think you guys were more about the fandom than about the show and now that the big hype about the show has died down, you started growing bitter about the show and the fandom, constantly repeating that it will soon be dead, is dying, or is already dead. Every season your complains are getting thrown more and more out of proportion and pretty much everything that is happening in the fandom or in the show is just literal shit to you anymore.
Last time one of the high quality fan animators couldn't animate full time anymore, you were just happy that they are finally gone because they were just so awful in your eyes. So yeah, there is a clear and pretty big bias.
Even if season 6 wasn't as good as the others, it still wasn't "shit". It was mediocre at the very worst. Hating it and even going as far as saying that it ruined everything to you is such an exageration, but apparently the way you feel. One guy even cried himself to sleep over it. You guys aren't able to judge the quality of the show at all.
>>
>>29207326
>One guy even cried himself to sleep over it.
Oh hey, I'm famous. And somehow something I said in a confession thread is now used to discredit other people's opinions. Interesting.
>>
>>29207356
I guess you just made a good example of how extreme people's opinions around here are.
>>
>>29207216
I hate season 6. I actually hate that it happened. It makes me sick and feel terrible about the show and its future, and I'm afraid that I won't ever be able to enjoy the show as much as before, now that I've seen it.

But season 5 was my favorite, so I can't relate to you. Maybe you won't be bothered by what bothered me in season 6.
>>
>>29207216
What's wrong with you?
>>
>>29207403
>A lot of the complaints I've seen about the show lately is grasping at straws and misremembering the first seasons to a massive degree.

Are you sure those people were trying to argue and objectively explain why everyone should dislike the season? Because you guys seem to love trying to "debate" feelings often, I've seen. If someone cares most of all about one thing in this show, and that thing is ruined, they're not being unreasonable and stupid to start feeling bad about the show. What's there to debate, in a case like that? "Oh that thing you loved was shit all along; stop crying."? "Just because the character you like was treated like shit doesn't mean it was a bad episode. Stop being such a waifufag."? I know that I've never tried to tell someone to stop liking the show, yet I can't say what's been bothering me without a bunch of idiots trying to convince me that I'm wrong to be bothered.
>>
>>29207216
S5 was awesome
S6 was up and down
>>
File: shrug.png (958KB, 5342x5942px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
958KB, 5342x5942px
>>29207384
Mmmyeah, that was pretty extreme. It's not something I'm proud of, and definitely I'd like it to have been different. But I've seen much worse, actually.

Anyway, if your point was that the anon you were talking to and the rest of the s6-hatefags are wrong because we're too emotional, let me remind you that you feel that you have to defend the season for some reason. I don't want to be demeaning, I literally came here to ask the OP if he didn't like CotLM, so I've done it and I still do it too. Defending something you like is a completely natural response. But at least don't pretend that defending the show is "emotionally" different than saying that this season was shit, because both reactions came from the same emotional attachment.

>>29207467
A million times this.
>>
File: IMG_5587.jpg (78KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5587.jpg
78KB, 800x450px
>>29207216
Starlight Glimmer is a great new character.
>>
>>29207216
Is chocolate ice cream worth eating?

Strawberry ice cream was kinda shit.
>>
>>29207557
This; Glimmer is the best thing to happen to the show.
>>
As >>29207573, mind you, very few things have happened to the show.

Twilicorn, Discord, Glimmer.
>>
>>29207573
Eh, not the best thing to happen to the show, but a great new character.
>>
>>29207216
My opinion
There's some pretty bad episodes in S6, but there's also some amazing episodes in S6.

No Second Prances and Heath's Warming Tail are two of my favorite episodes and I've been watching since early 2011.
>>
File: graph.png (100KB, 1272x625px) Image search: [Google]
graph.png
100KB, 1272x625px
>>29207216
>>
>>29207231
Of those four that liked it, one of them is probably a paid shill, if not two.
>>
>>29207513
I would be lying if I said that I am not emotionally invested in the show. Anything that is about friendly ponies gets instantly liked by me. The only thing about the show I haven't enjoyed so far was the Mystery Cure because it was an extremly rushed episode. Also I don't like musicals.

However while I did greatly enjoy season 6, I still do my very best to be able to take a step back and look at it from a neutral perspective. I get that the show itself isn't all that great, even if I enjoy it a lot.
I even go further than that and try to understand why all of you people hate it so much - and I do understand that it is a "meh" season if you dislike Starlight while at the same time her episodes are a big part of the strongest in the season, the others being the ones about the map and a few random other episodes.

With Starlight's episodes gone, there aren't all that many strong episodes left anymore compared to other seasons.
Then there were some awkward episodes, like the car racing or the pony zombie one, but every season has a few of those, even if this time it can be argued that they were more generic than ever.

However most of the other episodes followed the same rules as season 4 and 5: Adventures and making friends.

So I get why you may have not enjoyed the season. However when you go as far as to say that it was shit, should have never happened and killed the show, then I am having a lot of trouble finding arguments for why it could really have been this bad. Most of the time when you people then say something about why it was so bad, you take an issue that isn't all that big and blow it out of proportion. The only explanation I have left for that is that it must be something outside of the show that made you hate it so much. Maybe it was the lack of hype, maybe it was everyone around you constantly whining about how bad it is, maybe you are just having a bad time and the show wasn't enough to help you out, who is to say. Oh crap wall of text
>>
Season 6 was worse than 5. Worse than 4 too.

Nothing is worse than 3.
>>
>>29207216
I would honestly be a lot happier and less suicidal if i didnt see it. After season 5, which was my personal favorite, it hit me kinda hard.

The writing for my favorite character and waifu, Rainbow Dash, was really lazy and sloppy. Thats what happens when the people in charge of the story havent actually seen the show. Her personality and overall appearance changed between episodes a lot, like the writers didnt have any idea how they were supposed to write her, and just asked people in the break room for tips. She went from being an idiot with zero self-confidence, to an insensitive jerk, and finally back to her own lovely self, and everything in between. The red thread of her personality and what makes her good was really lost, and they only found it in Top Bolt, when it was kinda too late. I hated to see my beloved like that, it hurt a lot.
And then theres also all the teased shipping. In Newbie Dash, she got a little too touchy and suggestive with Soarin, for my tastes. And it was totally uncalled for, she would never rely on acting like someone else if she wanted to make others like and accept her. She always puts herself on a high pedestal, and would always act like her awesome self in such a situation. And she wouldnt degrade herself into being a whore, she would even quit the wonderbolts before that.
And the episode with Quibble Pants, nothing has ever made me more sad. Ive cried literal gallons because of it. The way she, at the end, praised Quibble, calling him awesome and basically making him her equal. And when she recieved some praise for herself, she acted so blushy and embarrassed. That wasnt my Dash at all, it was something horrible created by people oblivious to what kind of a pony she really is.

Season 6 hurt me a lot, and I wish it never happened.
>>
>>29207816
What made it hurtful for me is something similar, but for a different character. The things that did and didn't happen with her made it difficult to sit through, and made me dread the show. I know, people will think "just stop being such a waifufag" or try to make some argument against these feelings by insulting it without any understanding, but there's not really much you can do, when what you care about most in the show is treated this way. Someone could say "stop watching the show then if you hate it so much", but it's obviously not so simple, if you care so much about this. Good for people who aren't so emotionally invested and can appreciate it all. I just hope they can start to understand why some just can't.
>>
File: mlfw1294_twiprecious.gif (279KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
mlfw1294_twiprecious.gif
279KB, 853x480px
>>29207758
I understand the curiosity, but it's not really something you'd like to know. I mean, let's say that there's actually something really bad and you haven't seen it. Would you really want to know it? Even if knowing it could ruin the season for you? I honestly don't think such thing exists, what ruined the season for me was something that affected me, and it's not even the same that ruined the season for other people. But as much as I shit on the season, I don't feel like being too specific about why I hate it as a whole, about why it's not just bad but completely ruined. It's just not fair.

I know it's not the same, nor even remotely similar, but a few months ago I wrote a post explaining why I thought that STFF was great. Of course some people completely disagreed, but there were 2 anons who said that I made them change their mind about the episode. Much more than the satisfaction over wining an argument, knowing that I made some people stop hating something and start kinda-liking it was amazing. I wish you could feel it too, mostly because that would mean that I've stopped hating this, but I honestly don't want to play this game. It's not that I'm full of myself, I don't think that I'm incredibly persuasive, but there's a tiny, minuscule, microscopic chance that I could "convince" someone and made him dislike something he didn't dislike before. And I REALLY don't want to.

So, while it's far from ideal, I can live keeping my discussion about this season to "fuck, I really hated it" and waiting for another Anon to reply "I hated it too, let's share our hate together".
>>
>>29207703
That graph is sad
>>
>>29207703
Yes we can ! Answer is more shitposting
>>
>>29207216
How about watching it and making your own decision?
>>
>>29207216
S5 was the best season since 1 and 2, so with your shit taste you'll probably love 6.
>>
>>29207703
This image needs it's own thread.
>>
>>29207216
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.