[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long till equestria girls gets its own series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

Its doing equally as well as Pony is now thanks to the minis sales.
>>
EQG is fucking garbage, bro
>>
>>29197341
Never.
>>
>>29197341
>He ignores how GoH, not Minis, sell best on Amazon

Cute.
>>
>>29197341
I don't know, Stephen Davis, why don't you tell us.
>>
>>29197353
Toy stores are more important than amazon. Most kids get their toys that way; their parents will take them in and ask what they want for toys or family members will drop into a store for a last second toy and just grab something off the shelf that they know their kid might like (like ponies).
Amazon sales are for adults, not kids and kids are the vast, vast majority of sales.

>>29197349
I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over all the sunset shimmer fans.
>>
>>29197372
Not really. Hasbro is directing more sales to online, plus GoH sells more than that in stores too.
>>
>>29197372
Funny how you talk about kids versus adult fans and then mention Sunset Shimmer, a character who is only popular among adult fans. Kids just want Twilight, which is why Scilight became a thing.
>>
>>29197399
The kids like sunset just fine. I don't see why you'd think she's not popular with kids too. If she wasn't they wouldn't have her be the Leader of the group and get so much focus. (Even if twilight is the central character, sunset is still the one leading the group and directing everyone in the movie)
>>
>>29197429
Doesn't matter, kids want Twilight toys.
>>
>>29197389
Citation needed
>>
File: large.jpg (314KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
314KB, 1000x1000px
>>29197457
Just because they like twilight doesn't mean they don't ALSO like Sunset.

Sunset was one of the characters picked for the Crystal wings after all, and she didn't even GET crystal wins in the movie!
twilight didn't get any extra toy push compared to her.
>>
Never

/thread
>>
>>29197461
Listen to the Hasbro investor broadcasts. They're focusing on online sales as a major component.
>>
>>29197341
They're doing 3 specials right? that sounds like a pilot for a series if I've heard of one.
>>
>>29197341
>3 "specials"
>22 minutes each
>That end of LoE with magic coming out of he cave
I say right around the beginning of season 7
>>29197481
Anon, I'm a Shimmerfag and I can admit that Shimmer doesn't do well with the little kids. Little kids want the princess, which Twilight is, to be the the 'prince' which Timber/Flash is.
Sunset is popular with the adult fanbase since many can relate to her and love her more developed character. Something he little kids don't understand.
That's why the first script of FG was changed so much to steer away the focus from Sunset to Scitwi. Hasbro is using her to pander now. That's why she got wings and a BF in LoE so the little girls will go buy all the new Pretty Purple Princess Dolls™ Now with Glasses!
Faust was wrong. Little girls don't want character depth, story or redemptions, they couldn't care less. They want cheesy romance like in all the Disney movies.
>>
>>29197717
>Anon, I'm a Shimmerfag and I can admit that Shimmer doesn't do well with the little kids. Little kids want the princess, which Twilight is, to be the the 'prince' which Timber/Flash is.
>Sunset is popular with the adult fanbase since many can relate to her and love her more developed character. Something he little kids don't understand.
>That's why the first script of FG was changed so much to steer away the focus from Sunset to Scitwi. Hasbro is using her to pander now. That's why she got wings and a BF in LoE so the little girls will go buy all the new Pretty Purple Princess Dolls™ Now with Glasses!
>Faust was wrong. Little girls don't want character depth, story or redemptions, they couldn't care less. They want cheesy romance like in all the Disney movies.

Completely untrue: Pinkie and Rainbow dash have NONE of those aspects that you just talked about (being neither Princesses, having princes, or love interests) and yet they're just as popular as twilight in sales.
>>
>>29197738
>Completely untrue
Ponks and RD maybe both up there in sales but Twilight is the most overall popular.
Everything I said about FG being changed for Scitwi is true, her getting wings and a BF for pandering reasons is true.
Scitwi is just a shit character crapped out by Hasbro to pander to the little girls.
https://youtu.be/DaOgZwk9rN8

Little girls don't want character development, depth or story. They want romance and accessories.
>>
>>29197761
If that's all they wanted then twilight would be vastly outcompeting everyone in sales, which she isn't.
>>
>>29197341
When undercover secret agent Ace Thruster is introduced
>>
>>29197761
Applejack is the most popular over in Japan
>>
>>29197778
Bottom line is that Scitwi is a vessel for pandering. Everyone knows this.
>>
>>29197789
That's cause he Japanese are obsessed with the Wild West.
>>
>>29197789
equestria girls is also more popular than ponies over there.
the japanese clearly have no taste.
>>
>>29197840
>japan
>relevent opinions
>>
>>29197783
Get that shit out of here.
>>
why do they need to make more equestria girls stuff anyways? the actual LOE toys sold like shit and the minis toylines have nothing to do with the last 2 movies.
They have a shit ton of crap to work with for toys, no need to make more material.
>>
>>29197849
Always relevant
>>
>>29197926
Everyone knows its fake, like the Sunset shimmer robot army crap for LOE.
>>
>>29197928
Are you sure about that?
>>
>>29197933
Yes. yes I am.
>>
File: where.is.your.pone.now.png (415KB, 1102x1024px) Image search: [Google]
where.is.your.pone.now.png
415KB, 1102x1024px
>>29197481
all of the mane seven will get daydream forms in equestria girls 5
>>
>>29197939
Who are you trying to convince?
Me....or yourself?
>>
>>29197961
I'm not trying to convince anyone since I know your trolling. I'm just stating your just repeating a meme that you heard and is obviously false.
>>
>>29198062
[Denial intensifies]
Prove its false
>>
>>29197341
It already did.
It's called Gravity Falls.
>>
I think Sunset Shimmer is the best part of the whole My Little Pony franchise and I'm still not a fan of EQG. No one needs reminding how stupid the premise is, or the fact that it is an obvious cash grab, and most of the characters are only the least bit interesting because of EQG piggy-backing off FiM (save Sunset, she's great).

Anyway best case scenario is that the movie lets Glim Glam graduate into some kind of archmage and then canonizes Sunset so that she can be Gimmy's apprentice. Which would be hilarious because, in headcanon, Sunset's gotta be like 30 years old and Glamman seems to be about the same age as the Mane 6, who I would put in their early twenties.
>>
File: Jjba-asb-old-joseph-joestar.png (238KB, 481x640px) Image search: [Google]
Jjba-asb-old-joseph-joestar.png
238KB, 481x640px
>>29197341
That guy reminds me of Joseph Joestar.
>>
>>29197738
>the pink one and the rainbow one sell well with little girls
Gee who'dve fucking thought?
>>
File: ShockedSibsy.jpg (35KB, 484x440px) Image search: [Google]
ShockedSibsy.jpg
35KB, 484x440px
>>29197341
No
>>
>>29197349
>>29197341
It wasn't great/bad. It needs more logical thinking, like if a girl/demon destroy the school she Will be sended to prison.
>>
>>29197341
It's already getting a series of specials this year. Next year it will probably replace FIM as season 8.
>>
>>29197399
>Sunset Shimmer, a character who is only popular among adult fans
Source?
>>
Wouldn't an EQG series just be a rehash of the show?
>>
>>29197341
Ah don't thinkt it will happen.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.