[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bard Quest #13

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 9

File: op10.png (212KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
op10.png
212KB, 1000x800px
This is a CYOA about a young pony discovering a world inspired by the many fantasy settings which exist out there

For the most important events:
>In the minotaur realm, Happy Harmonica (You), or Harmony for friends, left with the zebra monk Winter Seed for the capital Daedalus to attend the yearly Superbrawl, a minotaur festival centred around various physical competitions
>Along the way, they met Lettuce, a strange variety of vegetal, looking and moving like a pony, and who ended up following the two of them as well as Gust, a soldier on furlough who saved them from a trio of bandits
>Trotting Stone, Harmony’s Grandpa, and Heartshape, a strange little mare shrouded in mystery joined them in the minotaur capital
>They also took it on themselves to reform the changeling Nymph which goes by Sweetheart for now and travel with them
>Finally, Flickerwhiz, who was originally tasked to capture Nymph joined them after a surprising turn of events, which included him asking Harmony on a date
>Our story continues as this little bard mare prepares for this unprecedented occasion

Full story:
https://www.anonpone.com/blord/

Here’s the list of the possessions you currently carry around in your travels:
Your trusty saddle-bags, your coltly headband, a walking stick, a letter from Bomber, a traveller’s blanket, a lighter, the Diamond Claws (which allow the wearer to burrow himself in dirt), your heirloom Harmonica, a med kit, a canteen of water, a rough map of the continent, some carrots, A agility potion, a pouch containing 71 silver coins and 9 cooper coins, a magic flask (which has uncanny transforming effects, depending on what you fill it with).
>>
You’re going to find lunch, but you shouldn’t eat a lot!
What if you can’t eat everything at the dinner with Flickerwhiz? That would be disastrophic!

So you settle for a 3-cooper salad, which you already suspect from the first bite will let you still a little peckish.
Luckily, you’ve got enough matters to worry about to keep your mind away from your stomach in the coming hours.

A clean haircut is nice, but what else should you prepare? M-maybe it’s time to try to dress up nice or something... The mere thought of it makes you cheeks as red as the tomato slices you’re eating. You’ve never really tried wearing anything besides some winter clothes when you were young, since your father didn’t really fancy expensive places, so you’ve got little idea about what to wear.

Of course you’ve got some clues. You’ve already seen pretty mares wearing robes, high socks, frilly saddles and even make-up… But you’ve got no idea what would be pretty on you… or even what would be appropriate actually! Since you’re not even sure what kind of place Flickerwhiz had in mind for tonight.

Still, now that you’re a little more familiar with Daedalus, you think you could find wares of fairly various styles. All that’s left is to choose.

>What do?
>>
>>29194099
A nice saddle might do. Let's look for a pony boutique. I'm sure they can can help us with our emergency.
>>
I have to admit that I hope that during the date things don't really work out because I like the thought of Gale a Harmony evenually together better, and it could make for some nice character growth for Harmony.
>>
File: you_right_now_for_reference.png (65KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
you_right_now_for_reference.png
65KB, 1000x800px
>>29194216
>>29194487
You think you’re going to settle for… a saddle!

But which one… you’re never worn a saddle, you always thought they were pretty but a little strange, like… it’s somewhat supposed help put something on your back? But what? You’ve always seen mares wearing a saddle when they were out with their coltfriend, but at what point of the date does having something on your back becomes relevant? You just don’t know…

Anyway, you think you’ve got a place in mind. Some shop you saw in the smaller streets near the ring market. They had dresses and saddles and even jewellery of all colours when you walked past it, you’re pretty confident you’re going to find what you seek there.
So a few minutes later, the bell of the Coquetry rings as you shyly cross the door, a little at loss in the midst of the colourful garments and stylish accessories you had disregarded for eighteen years.

“Hello young lady!” The tenant, a middle-aged grey mare with an elegant black dress, cheerfully greets you “Can I help you?”
“Hum… Yeah.” You say, blushing slightly “I’m… huh… looking for a saddle…”
“Yes?” She nods, inviting you to continue.
“It’s… For a… for a first d-d-date! With someone…”
By that point, you’ve already as red as a tomato. Meanwhile, the sales-mare seems overjoyed at the news.
“Awww… That’s so cute!” She giggles “You remind me of myself when I was your age! Don’t worry young lady, you’re at the right place! We’re going to make sure your sweetcolt drop his jaw when he’ll see you!”
“Now, for a start, what do like to wear? What’s your style? Your colours?”

>What do?
>>
>>29194520
Miss, I'm afraid I'm not exactly the most... feminine mare there is. The most I wear is a headband to keep my mane out of my face. I thought that since it's such a special occasion that I should try something. I was hoping for a saddle that maybe has a bit of a skirt, matches my eyes maybe...?

Pic related is the best I could find of what I'm thinking about.
>>
>>29194520
Something that isn't too tight. Something orange?
>>
File: you1.png (103KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
you1.png
103KB, 1000x800px
>>29194682
>>29194828
“Er… I never really tried… being… really feminine you know” You confess “Usually I keep it simple and only have a headband to keep the hair off my face, but now I really want to try something new!”
“So how about… something that matches my eyes, and with a skirt maybe? B-but not too tight!” You add quickly, fearing to be encased in a suffocating corset.

The grey mare nods and start rummaging in her saddle racks. She soon presents you an all-green frilly saddle with a little transparent skirt. You can’t help but to feel somewhat inappropriate as you try it on, as if the little tomboy filly you were long ago and who played in the mud with the other colts was laughing at you from the back of your mind for looking like an over-wrapped Solstice Feast present.

“What do you think about that, young lady?” The vendor asks you, ponder as she observes you judgementally.
You’re not sure… Maybe something orange like your hair would be better?

>What do?
>>
>>29194912
I think a hat would be good and the outfit would be complete. But if they have no hats then this is fine and we can go.
>>
>>29194912
Bet our wings feel cramped. Let's try the orange.
>>
File: you3.png (118KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
you3.png
118KB, 1000x800px
>>29194941
>>29195067
“Mmmmh… Do you have a hat that would go with that?”
“Certainly!” The salesmare answers, and fetches you a green headgear which looks a LOT less coltly that what you usually wear. The wide and floppy green hat is adorned with a few red ribbons which cascade on the side when you wear it.

“Oh, my!” The grey mare exclaims in excitement as she gazes upon the new you in the mirror “I was a little sceptical at first, but this hat is doing wonders to you and this saddle young lady!”

Despite the mare’s encouragements, you’re having some second thoughts, and you can’t really keep your wing comfortably on your sides with that saddle unless you force them under the strap… Maybe you should start over?

There a weird feeling of excitement and enjoyment in your guts… I-Is that what people who like shopping feel like?

>What do?
>>
>>29195163
Maybe. It's actully kinda fun. "Y-you really think so?"

Ask if she has something similar but more comfortable for pegasi and in the mint kind of color.
>>
>>29195163
We're done for our date. If we wanted to be any fancier we'd need those hoof shoes on our front hooves that you tie in a band to keep in place.
Maybe cufflinks for the tip of our wings? anyway let's find out how much this costs.
>>
>>29195233
That's way too fancified and prissy for us. Don't want to go overboad.
>>
>>29195274
Well... that's why I said that we're done and if we wanted to be fancier we would add these things.
>>
File: youoranges.png (100KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
youoranges.png
100KB, 1000x800px
>>29195205
>>29195233
>>29195274
>>29195283
This might be as far as you’d like to get. You’re already feeling like you’re in a completely foreign realm and you fear adding any more garment would make you look like a clown.

“You think so?” You ask expectantly “Isn’t there something more in the mint tones for the saddle? And also…” You stretch your wing a little awkwardly “Something easier to wear for my wings?”
“Well, dresses tailored for pegasus usually ride much further up to the chest.” She ponders “Let me see if I’ve got something…”
“Oh! I really liked this one!” the salespony grab an orange saddle before leaving “It’s a creation from a friend of mine, she inspired herself from the outfits of the royal guard at Hortensia! Why don’t you try it while I see what I have?” She proudly states as she gives you the outfit.
>>
File: yougreen2.png (147KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
yougreen2.png
147KB, 1000x800px
>>29195527
“Alright!” The grey mare catches your attention as she returns with another green gown “Try this one! It’s not a saddle, but it’s very light and comfortable. The colour might also be closer to what you had in mind!”
You try on the glimmering skirt. Indeed, it’s much more comfortable for your wings since it isn’t strapped around your belly. The back is even open and doesn’t keep your tail confined.

“So… How much for each?” You eventually ask.
“The green hat is at 2 silvers and 1 copper” The salesmare announce. “The green saddle, 6 silvers and 8 cooper, the dress 5 silvers, and the orange saddle is a 6 silvers and 2 coopers.”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow

It was nice to play dress-up-the-pony with you guys^:)
>>
Yeah this works. Let's get the dress and hat yeah?
>>
>>29195535
I do really like the orange saddle but the dress/hat is too perfect. It's very stylish and it gives us room for our wings!
>>
Well good night.
>>
>>29195535
How about the dress without the hat?
>>
File: yougreennohat.png (129KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
yougreennohat.png
129KB, 1000x800px
>>29197562
>>
>>29198765
That still looks nice. Maybe it's a better idea to just buy the dress because what are we going to do with the hat after the date? Can't fit it in our bags.
>>
bard tard bump
>>
>>29199545
>>29197562
>>29196512
>>29196189

You ponder.

Are you taking the hat or not? You're settled for the dress, but you're skeptical about the hat. You’re probably not going to use it often, and the dress is looking good by itself.

Decisions, decisions…

>What do?
>>
>>29200883
I vote for just the dress. We probably wouldn't be able to travel with the hat and it'd also cover up our new mane-cut.
>>
>>29200883
As lovely as the hat is I say we should go with just the dress.

Profusely thank the kind mare for helping us. Ask her name and tell her we'll come buy if we're ever in town again. After that I say we go back to the manor.
>>
>>29201212
>>29201270
As much as you find it cute, you decide against buying the hat. The salesmare looks like she’d have preferred you to take both, but she knows better than to bother customers with these matters and simply wish you a pleasant evening as she gives you the bag containing your purchase.

It’s still early in the afternoon, but from the sudden quiet of the streets and the background noise of horns and cheers, the last day of the superbrawl probably began some time ago.

But what are you going to do before tonight? Is everything REALLY ready for the date? Is it going to be okay? Or is it going to end badly BECAUSE OF YOU?
Worry is growing to match the excitement in your mind…

>What do?
>>
>>29201383
Lets take our mind off that and think about the "date" we planned for that surgeon.
>>
>>29201383
Uhh... I-I guess so. I can't think of anything else. The stallion is supposed to take care of everything else, right?

Can't wait so see what happens when we walk into the manor with a new manecut and bag. Wonder who'll ask us about it first
>>
>>29201429
>>29201464
Maybe you should just think about something else than tonight’s date?

Like, that date you organised between Wild Lilly and the surgeon from low town! Is it going alright right now? Are Lilly’s clothes alright? They were a lot more casual that yours… But she’s got to have more experience, so it’s more likely you’re the one who’s going to be inappropriate!

At that point you realise you’re catching a few worried glares from walking around with a horrified cringe on your face.
So you decide to retreat to the manor for now, where you’ll be able to worry to death without bothering anyone.

Gramps had his own ticket for the Superbrawl and you think Gust’s been trying to get some angle from the clouds. Cabbage, Heartshape and Winty and probably outside, so in the end, the place feels rather empty when you arrive. You only find Sweetheart in the room, tucked under her sheets.

She does perk up when you arrive, though. The changeling cocks an eyebrow at your new mane-cut, and then gives a suspicious eyeful at your bag.
“Ahem…” You stutter uncomfortably “I-It’s just some new clothes I bought. Y-you know, not to look the same all the time!”

Sweetheart blinks absently in response before a smug chuckle escapes her lips, and with a devious smile, she walk to you until her face gets dangerously close to yours.
There she whispers, with all her lustful arrogance, one word in your ear.
“Amateur…”

>What do?
>>
>>29201604
Hey Sweetheart, you're good with um... stallions, right? Could you... could you m-maybe give me some pointers?
>>
>>29201604
Say "Nuh-uh"
>>
>>29201646
>>29201653
“Nu-huh!” You say, trying your best to sound outraged, but that doesn’t erase the cheeky smile of the changeling.
“Throw that misplaced pride in the bin.” She backs away to sit next to you on your bed “It’s only justice when you’re awful at something you’re doing for the first time.”

“Humm…” You look down at your hooves, still flustered “Th-then… Sweetheart, you’re good with stallions, right?”
A bright green flash interrupts you before you can say anymore.
“…I’m also good with mares” The image and voice of your date says with a sultry voice “My lovely morning bird…”
“Sweetheart!” You screech, you cheeks burning with confusion and embarrassment. “Qu-quit it! It’s not funny!”

“Sorry, I just can’t resist an easy prey!” She flashes back to her usual disguise, cackling mischievously “Anyway, you’d like to make this date of yours a success, right?” You nod timidly in response “I see… How about you ask yourself what you want out of this date for a start? Like, what kind of relationship you wanna have with that Flickerwhiz guy? How serious do you think this is?”

>What do?
>>
>>29201836
Realize we have nothing thought out past the date.

Uhhhhhhh I dunno. Just to get a feel for him and see how compatible we are, now that I'm thinking about it.
>>
>>29201836
I guess it should be romantic and I want to see if flickerwhiz would make a good coltfriend. That's the point of dates isn't it? To learn about the pony and see if you want to be with them.
>>
>>29201881
>>29201886
“I… huh…” You start, but then you realise never asked yourself this question before, and that the answer doesn’t really come out on a heartbeat.
“Don’t worry. Love often make people stupid and impulsive.” Sweetheart pats your back “That’s what I thrive… ahem… thrived on… hehe... T-take your time.”

You nod and start to think, calming a little. That date… what it means to you…

“I guess…” You eventually start with a little more confidence. “For tonight, I want to see if there’s a match between us, how compatible we are. So, an evening to learn more about each other, and see if a r-romance can happen between us.”

“Hum…” Sweetheart ponders, sounding satisfied with your answer “Then I’m going to say… You’re going to have to do something really crazy tonight!”
“Huh?” You exclaim in confusion.
“Yes.” She nods to herself “One of these… you know, spectacular and badly thought-through plans which still ends up sorta alright you always get yourself into. Like fighting a dragon or taking a killer out of jail. Preferably something he can get involved into.”

“B-but why?” You protest
“Two reasons!” Sweetheat declares, with all her seriousness “First one, you want both of you to learn more about the other? Then it’s time to show him your worst and your best! It’ll only bring problems for both of you later if you try to play it quiet because you thing he won’t like the real, happy-go-lucky you.”
>>
>>29202291
“Second one” She continues “Correct me if I’m wrong, but you already hooked him the crazy way, right? Thus, that’s something Flickerwhiz likes you for!”
“You’ve got to understand you rocked his world, Harmony!” Sweetheart passes a hoof behind your back, and gives you an encouraging smile “You took him out of a depressing routine out of nowhere and offered him love instead, soothing he probably thought was impossible! You’re his dream girl tonight, so don’t start acting like a parody of some snotty polite filly, and just make sure you shine at your brightest!”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>29202291

She's probably right, but I don't know how I feel about going completely all-out on the first date. Maybe we'll just do something a little crazy, you know? Ease him into it.

Also why the fuck didn't you faggots buy the hat, it matched perfectly
>>
Alright, be ourselves and have fun. Pretty good advice.
>>
>>29202296
That sounds like a pretty good idea. Thanks Sweetheart!
>>
Sleep tight bump
>>
good morning page 10.
>>
hey
>>
I guess if we see anypony having a problem we're just going to jump in and try to fix it with wild shenanigans.
>>
We're really just a mare that likes to play and listen to music and then look at neat things.
>>
Unexplicably tired tonight. Gonna postpone running to tomorrow.
>>
>>29208956
I'm going to hold you to that.
>>
>>29210129

And what will you do if he doesn't?
>>
>>29210733
The worst thing you can do as a player to a qm.
I won't bump the thread
>>
Have a good night bump
>>
Morning page 10.
>>
>>29194089
aw yeah bardin'
>>
>>29214375
afternoon page 10
>>
>>29202317
>>29202802
>>29203516
>>29206415
>>29207312

“So in the end… All I have to do is to have fun and be myself?” You tilt your head to the side, a little underwhelmed by the advice.
“HA!” Sweetheart chuckles “That does sound like really basic tips when you put it that way. Guess ponies didn’t need a changeling to figure out that one!”
“But still, that’s very important.” She adds “One of the basics of a relationship is to enjoy being together, trying too hard to be something you’re not won’t do it! Speaking about that…” Her look gets a little more serious “Your colt will probably have his mind only focused on playing the cool stud to impress you, so you’ll probably have to have HIM have fun too!”

“I get it!” You nod with resolution “But maybe I won’t need to go all out crazy on him right of the bat, don’t you think? Like, sure if something unusual happen during the date I’ll meddle with it, but I’m really just a regular pony who likes to play and listen to music. And also look at neat things, you know?”
“You know that I absolutely hate when you say that?” Sweetheart cringes slightly, and you sense a hint of anger in her “Because this… ‘just a regular pony’ ruined quite a couple of things for me in the past! Now, maybe these incredible things sotra happened to you without you really seeking them out, but tonight might be the right time to actually plan your own little adventure.”
“And come on, sludge-brain!” She throws her arms in the air, and start counting on imaginary fingers “You’ve got a changeling, a hippie monk, a singing plant pony, a soldier, and old crook, some magical pegasus of unknown origin and several highly magical items to help you! You’ve got to be way LESS imaginative that the average mare if you still need some help from your good fortune to do prepare some real fun!”

>What do?
>>
>>29218193
Weeeell now that you mention it... I was kinda thinking about experimenting with my magic flask. Oh! I'll also take my harmonica, and if you think I can't get into shenanigans with that then you got another thing coming! Thanks Sweetheart, I'm feeling better about it already.
>>
>>29218321
“Weeeell now that you mention it...” You nod to yourself as you remember the bottle sitting still among your possessions “I’ve been kinda thinking about experimenting with my magic flask for some time. Maybe tonight’s the right occasion! With that and my harmonica, it’s definitely gonna get weird.”
You turn to the changeling, a smile on your face “Thanks, Sweetheart!” You give the changeling a quick hug “I’m already feeling better about tonight already!”
“Ehh… Sure.” She answers, looking away a little uncomfortably.

The flask is just where you left it, and it’s currently empty, but ready for use! From your previous experiments, you’ve established that whatever you fit inside the flask creates a potion which give the one who drinks it properties from what was used to make the potion for fifteen minutes or so. And it takes around a day for the flask to recharge and create another potion. Now, what could you use this time?

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow

Sorry for the short session

Got mesmerised by two computer pretending to be humans adn having a conversation
>>
Would we be tasty if we put like orange slices in there? What do you think would happen if we put in a fruit?
>>
>>29219505
Actually, I was wanting to just drink straight water out of it and see what happens.
>>
Have a good night bump
>>
>>29218636
i have eye balls
>>
wow
>>
wew
>>
lad
>>
>>29220470
>>29219505
What about some orange slices, you ponder? Would that make you a fruity mare? Like Cabbage, but more orange? Or maybe you could just use water.

You remember you managed to use some water potion of a tree, and it started looking all clear and liquid, and even though it didn’t lose its shape, you could poke through it. Sounds like you could do a lot of exciting stuff if you were some sort of water elemental for a short time!

>What do?
>>
>>29225642
Water for sure. Though I still want a nice dinner before springing our shenanigans upon him.

Also deeply hoping for an Archipelago reference/callback.
>>
>>29225726

Yeah, water seems interesting and relatively safe, but we should definitely wait until later and not show up to the date that way.
>>
>>29225726
>>29225812
Yep, water seems like a good balance between safety and awesomeness. You just hope there won’t be many ill effects, like being mute or having your dress all soaked… or sunk inside of you!

Anyway, you’re feeling a lot more ready for tonight! Of course you could try to plan a little further how you’re going to use this transformation, but aside from that you’re pretty much ready for your date.
Maybe now’s the time to simply chill out with Cabbage, Winty, Heartshape and Sweetheart.

>What do?
>>
>>29225907
I want to talk with Winter. Ask him what he'll do after he leaves Daedalus.
>>
>>29226097
You decide to check on your other friends outside. You quickly find then in the garden. Winter Seed meditating, and Heartshape apparently napping next to him, her snout resting on a book she probably intended to read for a little longer than she did before her nap.

Meanwhile, Cabbage notices you arriving from some nearby bushes, but your new manecut makes you look weird enough for him to stay away for now, until he’s sure this isn’t the bad kind of weird we’re talking about.

“Hey Winty!” You breathe out quietly, careful not to wake up the indigo mare, who shrank a little since last time you saw her. “Hanging out with a sleepyhead?”

“Yes.” He nods “I’ve been watching over her, and it seems not having her mind on her belly all the time really allowed her to ease up. And what about you? What have you been up to?”

“Erm… Don’t tell Gramps of Gust, but I’m going on a date tonight.” You whisper excitedly in his ear “I’m done with preparing I think, so now I’m just waiting for Flickerwhiz to pick me up!”
“Don’t worry, my mouth will remain shut.” The zebra answers.
You both fall quiet at this point, allowing you to hear the sounds of nature around and the faintest snoring of Heartshape. But since you’re rather excited, you don’t feel like enjoying the placidness of the situation.

“So, what are you going to do once we leave Daedalus?” You break the silence again by asking Winter Seed
“Going back to the Heart of Brahma” He answers “The forest where I and my order dwells, in the south. Since I’ve collected all the seeds I need, I better go back before some of them go bad. That would be quite sad.”
“Seeds don’t go back that fast, you know?” You says, a little teasingly.
>>
>>29226864
“Huhum…” He chuckles lightly “That’s probably right. I guess I miss the forest a little. N-not that I don’t like it with you all” He adds in a hurry “But going for the capital of the minotaurs… well… let’s say I’m very glad we were allowed to stay here, with enough room to breathe.”

You both go silent again. But this time, it’s Winter Seed who speaks up.

“Say, Harmony?” The monk starts.
“Hum?” You perk up.

“There’s something important I’d like to ask you. About Heartshape.”
“Then tell me!” You give him a fake hit on his shoulder “You’re gonna make me worried if you act like there’s something big going on!”

“Sorry… It’s just, I’ve had this idea.” The monk explains “I’ve been meaning to ask her if she’d like to come back to the forest with me. I’m sure no one would think ill of her for what she is there. Of course, that wouldn’t be anything definitive unless she wishes so, but I believe the quiet of our sanctuary and the wisdom of our elders could benefit her right now. What do you think? Does that sound like a good idea?”

>What do?
>>
>>29226883
I think that's a pretty good idea, Winter. I think right now that would be the best help to her. Hey, I'm planning on going south so I'll be sure to visit you sometime!
>>
>>29227057
The more you think about it, the more it sounds like a good idea to you. Winter Seed and his peers might actually be the best people to take care about her.

“I think that's a pretty good idea, Winter.” You reply after thinking about it “I think right now that would be the best help to her. Hey, I'm planning on going south so I'll be sure to visit you sometime!”
“I’m glad you agree with me.” Winter seed nods “And if you go south too, let’s make sure to share some of the way. You’re heading for Hortensia, correct? We can easily go together until Malba.”
“Hum! Let’s do that!” You reply.

>What do?

We may skip directly to the time when Flickerwhiz arrives, unless there's something else you'd like to do before
>>
See you tomorrow

Also... I've been notcing there been less activity and replies in this thread recently. Is it just the current events not being very interesting, people being too busy to play or people who just dropped the quest altogether?

I'd really like to know to see what I can do for the upcoming events
>>
>>29227796
Yeah, let's skip. Do the guys come back before the date? If the do skip to that. Spend time trying to relax.

>>29227825
Personally, the only time I never respond is if I'm busy.

I'be said it before but you're at your best when you're writing for a clear and concise chapter/arc, only with some room for us to blord about. Such as helping the elderly and spontaneous dates.
>>
>>29227796
To the date! I wanna know if he'll like how we look or if he has any plans. Then we can possibly change them if he doesn't like them.
>>
>>29227825
I've been busy while you're updating and not around but I do read what you put up and will add something if I think of it. I'm somewhat interested in the date and wondering if it will be normal. If something will happen that will pull us away. If flicker will look at us like we're a nerd when we try playing him our favorite song or if he has a request.
>>
Won't run today either. I've decided I'd like to prepare a couple of things
>>
>>29232716
Aww. Just don't go overthinking it, ok?
>>
>>29233739
>>
Bawmp.
>>
>>29194089
>>
Morning bump
>>
>>29227825
>tomorrow
Well shit.
>>
I'm not going to run today either, and since it's the second time in a row and that this thread's been quite shabby overall because of my lack of motivation, I'm going to explain what's going to happen from now on.

To get to the point, I do not have the motivation to Bard Quest properly right now, and I believe it has more to do with me being quite bored with the quest than anything else. Yesterday, I wrote that I wanted to prepare some things, and genuinely wanted to, but in the end I didn't and lazed around watching pointless vids about lists of mildly interesting things I already knew about instead. Now that I've finally started, I’ve also decided this couldn’t continue that way.

However, I do not wish to let this thread die and start another because second bad news I decided I'm going to put Bard Quest on hiatus after the date with Flickerwhiz.

Some of you already know I've been longing to try other CYOA ideas since that other poll a few months ago where I asked about running another quest. And now I believe I have reached as far as I could with pushing myself on Bard Quest and that going further would probably only lead to an even more holey running schedule and bad story progression choices, such as…
WARNING REAL SPOILER AHEAD WITH META INFO ABOUT HEARTSHAPE
I’ve come the think Heartshape was a mistake. Not as a character, she’s very interesting, but her introduction to the story was awful. I introduced her just before Sweetheart also joined the group at a time when writing the posts bored me to death and it was a little more interesting for me for some time when I created her. However, since Sweetheart represented a big enough regain of interest shortly after, Heartshape ended up going to the background without being explored at all. Now I’m just glad I could give her a good reason to leave the party until I’ll be able to prepare an arc/adventure centred on her, something she’d really deserve.
>>
>>29240183

So to sum it in a few words, I’m going to put Blord on hiatus after the date with Flickerwhiz, but I’d like to give it a satisfying point to stop before that, and to achieve that, I’m going to need some time to give flesh to what I have in mind. This might sound a little stupid since I just explained I hadn’t much energy to work on Blord, but going crazy and starting something new actually make me want to get on it. I’m going to ask you to take my word on that one.

My best hopes are that it’ll be ready tomorrow, but since I do am in a quite uncertain condition, I humbly ask you to understand if it took me one more day. After that, you have the right to call me a con artist, a chamber pot, a garden hose or whatever other fitting name you could have for the kind of despicable beings I’d be part of.
>>
>>29240192
It's ok Pleeny, I understand. I look forward to anything new you put out.

>Information on Heartshape
MUST. NOT. READ.
>>
>>29240192
I'll give you your day but no more!
>>
>>29240192
Then, I suppose we can only wait.
But I will still call you a paper bag until then.
>>
>>29240192

sounds good senpai
>>
Morning bump
>>
>>29240192
i want you to feel fine because i love your work
>>
File: perspectiveishard.png (85KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
perspectiveishard.png
85KB, 1000x800px
You spend the rest of the afternoon simply lazing around with your friends and working on a couple more songs to teach Cabbage. The games will probably end after Flickerwhiz comes to pick you up since they finish last extra late in the night with the closing ceremony.

As the sun falls behind the horizon, you’ve put on your dress and wait impatiently in your room, your heart pounding in your chest in a bittersweet mix of apprehension and excitement.

“Hey, Cinderella!” Sweetheart makes you jump since you were a little lost in your thoughts when she arrived “Your prince in here.”
You can’t help but to gulp audibly, which makes the cheeky smile on the changeling’s face widen a little more. Still, she let you walk alone toward the entrance where your date awaits you.

You trot a little meekly, like a singer who’d have stage fright for the first big night of her life. But eventually, you hear the impatient steps of a colt who’s probably as anxious as you are as you get close to the entrance. And after breathing in and out on last time, you finally decide to meet him.

Flickerwhiz immediately perks up as you arrive, his eyes meeting yours. He looks a little dumbfounded a he sees you, and you can’t help but to notice a blush appearing on his cheeks and his lips drawing a silent “wow” at your sight. You’re quite admiring about Flickerwhiz’s clothes too, as he managed to pull out something really nice, but you can’t completely suppress a giggle as you notice his mane is still quite messy, unlike yours.

Your chuckle seems to take him out of his reverie, and his baffled expression is replaced by a friendly smile as he regains his composure.

“H-hi!” The stallion stutters timidly, breaking the silence “You look really pretty tonight, Happy Harmonica.” He the offers you his hoof “Are you ready to go?”
H-hoofholding? R-right of the bat? You feel yourself blush. That’s… very bold of him!

>What do?
>>
>>29246616

M-maybe that's just the tradition where he's from? He's from the big city after all, so maybe they're more progressive about that sort of thing. Either way, it would be rude to turn him down.
>>
>>29246799
B-but maybe that’s just how they do it in Astranostra. You’ve heard the hoofholding liberation movement started here. I-It would probably be rude to tur him down, you decide, so you give him your own hoof. You could swear there was a little electric shock when your hooves met, and it definitely lighted a raging inferno in your cheeks.

“Then let’s not waste any more time.” Flickerwhiz declares, trying his best to sound calm “I hope you’ll like the place I chose.”

You both walk in the almost quiet streets of Daedalus, with only the far-away clamour of the stadium which is loud enough to cover the sound of the wind. The evening is quite chilli, and your dress doesn’t help much. You right hoof does feel warm, though…

However, the both of you are uneasily and utterly silent. You wonder if you should take the initiative.

>What do?
>>
>>29246616
Hell yeah, finally got that pic of Flickerwhiz.

>>29247017
Ask him about the place. Is it super fancy? We've never really eaten fancy before.
>>
>>29247017
Compliment his mane.
>>
>>29247101
>>29247234
“Hum… You mane looks nice!” You let out.
“Ahem… Uhm… th-thanks.” The stallion babbles awkwardly.

And then you fall silent again. Guess you’re gonna have to push him a little more.

“S-so, where are you taking me?” You ask. “Is it… like, really fancy? Because I’ve never eaten in a place of that level before!”
“I-It should be alright, d-don’t worry.” The increasingly nervous stallion stumbles on every word “I-I mean, even if you look a little out of place I wouldn’t... W-wait, no! I-I mean… Uh… The place should be alright!” He says, almost hyperventilating at this point.

>What do?
>>
>>29247308
Stop him and look him in the eyes. Tell him it's ok. We know we're not exactly normal at any rate. Say, do you like music?

Pull him into a secluded/peaceful place and play this https://youtu.be/LmORatsGUC8 but harmonica because yeah... harmonica.
>>
>>29247428
You stop on your tracks and look your date in the eyes. And there you can see the measly hope of you simply letting his clumsy remark slide shattering in millions of tiny pieces of hope.
“That’s okay” You tell him with a smile after letting out a sympathetic sigh “I know I’m not exactly normal anyway.”

“Wait, no! Nononononono!” He shakes his head, absolutely panicked “Th-that’s not what I meant at all! That’s the opposite of what I meant! Y-you’re perfect the way you are, and, uh… we can’t help it if the restaurant can’t handle you!” He punctuates his attempt at a recovery with a tense grin.

You sigh once again.
“Hey, let’s take a break.” You tell your date “You look like you’re going to have a seizure!” And then you make good use of this hoofholding by pulling him toward a smaller alley, where you can be a little more at peace. You also find a convenient bunch of small crates which offer a comfortable enough place to sit without dirtying your dress.

“Do you like music?” You say as you whip out your instrument. “Because I always feel better after a few notes!” And before he can answer, you start playing.
With you harmonica, you sing a slow waltz of warm forest tones. Each note a little round and slightly lazy, so it can linger in the ear to whisper about a Sunday ballad before the next comes in.
Flickerwhiz listens with attention, and you can see tension gradually leaving him as you go on.

“That was beautiful” He declares, much calmer, after you’ve finished.
“Thanks! I just really like music in general” You simply reply with a content smile.
“I can see that. And…” He looks away with an embarrassed wince “Sorry about before, flipping out like I did wasn’t really cool I guess! Do you still agree to go out with me regardless?”
He smiles, but doesn’t offer you his hoof this time.

>What do?
>>
see you tomorrow
>>
>>29247858

no

just kidding
>>
>>29247858
You have to promise it'll be fun! Otherwise yes.
>>
>>29247858
Take his hoof and say yes.
>>
Early bump for you.
>>
Time for a bump from 10.
>>
>>29248581
Heh, this. Mess with him a bit.

>>29250200
Careful, don't want to go too fast.
>>
Bump for the bump god.
>>
>>29251609
>>29250200
>>29249347
>>29248581
“Hmm… Nah.” You pout, and watch in delight as your date seems to freeze, as if he just witnessed his whole world crumble before his eyes. Luckily, a boop on his snoot is enough to bring him back to reality
“Gotcha!” You playfully whisper.

“Ah…” He lets out a relived huff “Haha… don’t scare me like that, Harmony! I’m not ready for that kind of things...”

“That’s too bad! Because I thing you do deserve some teasing! But let’s go for now. I hope you chose somewhere fun!” you declare, and wildly take his hoof into yours again, which surprises him.
Actually, it’s enough of a surprise for him to remain a little dumbstruck, again…, staring at your hoof and his cheeks reddening anew.

“Hey, sleepyhead!” You get your smiling face closer to his, which causes him to back away slightly “I still don’t know where you wanted to take me, so you’re gonna have to lead the way!”
“Y-yeah! Of course!” He stutters, and the two of you resume your way toward your mysterious dating place.

“Say…” Flickerwhiz decides to speak up first this time “I wanted to ask, you and your friends are a really colourful bunch! Are you on a family trip together?”

>What do?
>>
>>29252891
Only one of them is family and we just bumped into him when we got into town. Did we ever write that letter to dad?
>>
>>29252891
Laugh at the thought of Sweetheart or Heartshape being our siblings. Nah, they're just friends I've made while traveling. Except for my grandfather. Did you meet him?
>>
>>29253149
>>29253205
For a second, you imagine an alternate timeline where Sweetheart and Heartshape were part of your family, and end up cringing as you picture Heartshape crying from the constant bullying of her changeling sister.
M-maybe being an only child was for the better… Speaking of which you, still haven’t send that letter to your father. You really should try to remember about it at a time when you actually COULD write it once for all. But for now…

“Nah, there’s only Gramps who’s my gramps!” You answer your date “And I met him in Daedalus by chance, we both came for the Superbrawl separately, but on the way I also met all those awesome people who came along with me!”
“Really?” Flickerwhiz raises his eyebrows in surprise “You met all 4… 5 of them one by one? All by chance?”
“Yep!” You beam.
“Now that’s a story… or several stories I’d like to hear!” The stallion says with a chuckle.

And you’re quite happy to satisfy his curiosity, which also makes for a good conversation topic while you walk. And you’re not even done with it when you arrive in front of your destination.

Thanks to its purple curtains and sculpted wooden structure, the Drama Hideout already stands out from the rest of the alleyway, and even more so as there does seem to be activity inside, while most of the other bars and restaurants were looking dead, even in the main streets. Either way, you feel a shiver of excitement as you see a note under the menu on display on the front window, claiming that they’re going to play “The Princess and the Dragon” tonight. You realise Flickerwhiz chose a Restaurant and Theatre for tonight.

“I had some trouble finding someplace open.” The stallion confesses, a hint of pride in his voice “Since almost every places were closed because of the games. I was quite lucky to already know about this one from the association of expatriate ponies from back home. Do you like the idea?”

>What do?
>>
>>29253559
I love the idea! Let's go in!

Once we're seated start asking Flicker about himself. His home, friends, family, what he intends to do in the future. That sort of stuff.
>>
Feeling tired. Gonna post next update when I wake up

Until then, see you tomorrow
>>
Time for a bump
>>
>>29253559
Yeah, it could be fun. Let's go in and see a hopefully good performance.
>>
Have a good night bump
>>
>>29194089
test
>>
Have a good night page 10.
>>
bumping at the afternoon.
>>
There's gonna be thrills, chills and spills!
>>
>>29255723
>>29253730
“I love it!” You nod wildly “I hope we’re going to see a fun performance!”
“Then let’s get inside!” He enjoins you to step forward, visibly more confident since your approval of his choice “I made a reservation!”

The dining area is quite spacious, and the light is dim as it comes from the couple of candles which can be found on each table. For the first time in a while, you find yourself in place mostly populated by ponies, even though the room is far from being full. The sound of polite conversation fills the air, something rather different from the usual lively ruckus you hear in the streets of Daedalus, but as you look around, you note that neither you nor you date look out of place among the suits and dresses of the other patrons.

You and Flickerwhiz sit at each side of one of the round table covered with velvet tablecloth, the menu awaits you there already. The walls are rather bare, no windows, and only supporting a few chandeliers, none of which are lit. Still, the slightly bitter yet satisfying smell of burning wax lingers in the air. However, what catches most of your curiosity is the massive red curtain hiding the scene from your sight. There’s still no sign of immediate activity over there right now, though, so instead you decide to get more familiar with your date… and maybe the menu then.

“Wah! This place is cool!” You say excitedly “I hope we’re going to see a good performance!” “Hey, I just realised, you still haven’t told me much about you! Like, how was it in Astranostra?”
“Well…” He looks away, wincing sadly “I’m not sure I wanna talk about it. You know, since I’m probably not welcome at Astranostra anymore…”
“Oh!” You hadn’t thought about this “I… uh…”
>>
>>29259993
“N-nah, actually it’s alright.” The colt changes his mind and smiles as he sees your embarrassment “I’ll sort this out later. Anyway, my parents are both pretty great. My dad is a mail-stallion and mom decided to stop working when my brother was born so she could spent all her time raising us. I really have nothing to complain about the life I had, even if there was some hard times…”
The stallion looks a little blue as her remembers that.

“You see, it’s hard to keep your job in Astranostra if you’re not into magic. It’s like the national sport is to try to find every single thing that can be done faster with a shake of the horn! Even my dad was very worried at some point when they tried teleporting the mail directly, but they couldn’t resolve the few cases where the mailbox transformed into ducks... Anyway, my brother left the city, since his thing is simply to grow corn. He’s 5 years older, so that was before I got into magic university, and, well… you know the rest...”

Still, a nostalgic smile grows on his face Flickerwhiz goes on.
“But it wasn’t all black. I’ve made buddies here! And boy did we spent some good times…” He lightens up a little from here on “There was Loadstone, Needletweak, Voodont and Crazy Kiwi. Damn, I already miss that guy.” He chuckles to himself “I’ll never forget when he replaced the water for the front fountain with fudge. Or when we summoned a giant leech in the pool by mistake. Oh boy, the laughs we had…”
“I hope I’ll find a way to visit them…” He concludes, a little lost in his memories.

>What do?
>>
Only post for today
>>
>>29261200
>>
>>29260007
Maybe you can write a letter with a fake name on it? Then they can come and visit you. Speaking of letters we also need to write to our father. He raised me by himself.
>>
>>29260007
Kiwi sounds like my kind of guy! Hey, I'm sure you'll find some way to meet them again. Sooo... what do you think you're gonna do now?

>>29263504
Pleeny mentioned something about Ol' Greenie sending dad a letter but I have no recollection of that being mentioned before.

Can you remind me, Pleens?
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.