[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since guardians of harmony knocked it out of the park this christmas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

Do you think we'll get a series for it anytime soon? Or maybe some more adventure?

I mean, you look at the shelves for GOH, everything, including the Spikes, sold incredibly well, with the GOH sections at wal-marts being cleared out. (Okay, maybe not the cheese sandwhiches). And the amazon sales are incredible to boot. This proves that there's a definite market of ponies as action characters.

Hasbro no doubt has to realize this when they see the sales for this christmas, and they like to follow the money-- You think they might give us a Show or mini-series about Guardians due to this? I mean, we got Equestria girls movies after all!
>>
Probably one movie or a few specials. There's already a trademark waiting.
>>
>>29181475
Did it do well? I didn't think there was any reports out yet on this holiday season. I know I liked the fan series stuff, though it was near impossible to find the nightmare moon one.
>>
>>29181475
Nah, they don't have a reason to do a series, they got the two parters and the upcoming movie for the adventure stuff.
>>
>>29181619
But they could make a whole series of action stuff.
>>
>>29181627
how would that different from the current series though?

They had to make Equestria girls an entire alternate universe to make it work, if they keep Guardians of harmony the same canon as normal friendship is magic, how's the series any different than normal Friendship is magic really?
When you make a new series, you need some significant reason for the new series, and something to differentiate the two, like a new continuity or a new plotline/universe/ect.
>>
>>29181685
I guess it would just be stories in between seasons, maybe.
>>
>>29181685
And why couldn't they make guardians of harmony its own Series or continuity then, like Equestria girls?
We saw plenty of alternate timelines and universes in the season 5 finale: Why don't we do the premise of Season 5 where the mane six never became friends, but do it where they make things RIGHT. You could even have Sunset shimmer exist in that universe too to join the main six since it'd be an alternate timeline and she might not have gone through the portal.

Show us the mane six in a less ideal universe fighting to fix things and grow into being the EOH bearers.
>>
>>29181475
>Since guardians of harmony knocked it out of the park this christmas

I'm not saying you're wrong, just interested in how you know, other then that your local Target was sold out.
>>
>>29182476
amazon sales numbers are incredibly high too.
>>
>>29182476
He is wrong, anon.
>>
>>29182610
amazon numbers say otherwise. Guardians of harmony was one of the biggest sellers on amazon this season.
>>
>>29182616
Not necessarily, but they sold better than most MLP stuff, including EqG.
>>
>>29182632
And the thing is, I don't even think it's the action-oriented nature of the toys (though that certainly could be part of it).

I think it's just the sheer quality. The on-model figures, the movable limbs, the posability. They're that sweet spot of kids toys where you get functional "playability" without an astronomic price that'll make parents refuse.
>>
File: 1452916827992.jpg (138KB, 640x601px) Image search: [Google]
1452916827992.jpg
138KB, 640x601px
>>29182616
>amazon numbers
Really nigga?
Amazon numbers are absolutely insignificant when it comes to toys.
>>
>>29182663
Not really, the whole point of these was that they sell well online.
>>
EG is gonna get a show before GoH
>>
>>29181475
>Guardians of Harmony
>objectively the best toyline since the brand's inception
>don't bring any of it to New Zealand

Fuck you too, Hasbro.
>>
>>29182693
Not available in Europe either. Or at least I haven't seen it.
>>
>>29182701

Britain's part of europe. Brexit notwithstanding.
>>
>>29182616
WRONG! GoH is a failure!
>>
File: citationneeded.png (442KB, 2222x1888px) Image search: [Google]
citationneeded.png
442KB, 2222x1888px
>>29182616
>>
>>29182792
Several GoH toys are in the top 100 for their respective categories.
>>
>>29182645
Its almost as if little girls can detect shit and LIKE quality products!
Damnit, I thought they were brainless morons that just bought things that were girly and pink!
>>
>>29182841
link?
>>
>>29182684
Duh. that's why they're getting specials instead of a movie, they're testing the waters for the series.
>>
>>29182841
>>29183005
The GoH are not in the Top 100 on Amazon.
>>
>>29183005
>>29183123
Nightmare Moon Fan series is: #73 in Toys & Games > Preschool > Pre-Kindergarten Toys > Activity > Dolls & Dollhouses

Big Spike is: #63 in Toys & Games > Dolls & Accessories > Playsets

Discord Fan series is: #85 in Toys & Games > Preschool > Pre-Kindergarten Toys > Activity > Dolls & Dollhouses

Cheese Sandwich is: #76 in Toys & Games > Preschool > Pre-Kindergarten Toys > Activity > Dolls & Dollhouses

Twilight Sparkle is: #96 in Toys & Games > Preschool > Pre-Kindergarten Toys > Activity > Dolls & Dollhouses
>>
>>29183201
>cheese sandwhich is beating Twilight
ALL OF THE WHAT THE FUCK.
>>
>>29183224
weird al is the shit, anon.
>>
>>29181475
>that image
So wait, is the movie going to be about guardians of harmony then? I'd kill for some main six battle armor premise for the movie.
>>
>>29183201
> Preschool > Pre-Kindergarten Toys > Activity > Dolls & Dollhouses
That might be part of it. Preschool is undershooting the lower edge of the target 6-12 demographic by a couple years, at the bare minimum. I suspect it's not a very well populated category.

>>29183323
No, the Guardians of Harmony toys just denote any MLP toy that's action-oriented or otherwise gender-neutral in its marketing. I doubt Chrysalis or Cheese Sandwich will be involved in the movie (we would've heard something about Weird Al), and I know for a fact that Discord isn't.

So, you kind of have it backwards. The movie toys fall into the Guardians of Harmony category by virtue of being more action-oriented and gender-neutral, not the other way around. GoH is just a branding exercise, and different storylines/ideas can all fit neatly into it.
>>
>>29183782
Not all Guardians of Harmony toys are movie related, nor are all movie toys Guardians of Harmony related. It's a separate thing. The only connection is now ALL MLP stuff has similar packaging.
>>
>>29183815
Yeah, that's probably a fair correction. I doubt ALL movie merch will be under the GoH label.
>>
>>29183820
It isn't. Some will be, but not all of it. And confusingly there also is GoH stuff that is telling unique stories. At least every wave is.
>>
File: 1481774611492.png (1MB, 990x1204px) Image search: [Google]
1481774611492.png
1MB, 990x1204px
>>29182684
DELETE THIS
>>
>>29181475
>guardians of harmony knocked it out of the park this christmas
And where is your proof?
>>
>>29183864
>that image
>applejack as supersaiyan
>Applejack being anything but the absolute most useless of the mane six

TOP. KEK.
>>
>>29182616
Amazon numbers? A lot of GoH toys were add-on items. I got Rainbow Dash for 6 bucks and Discord was that price too as an add-on item.
>>
>>29183875
She'd be Yamcha.
>>
>>29183837
When's that next GOH comic supposed to come out anyways?
>>
>>29183925
February.
>>
I wonder which age demographic is wanting GoH series.
If it's actually selling well to
kids, that's impressive.
But if it's sold well only to bronies, that's underwhelming and kinda dumb.
>>
>>29183875
>>29183910
She, Shit like THIS is why I'm glad they gave them all super powers in equestria girls. Applejack has THE BEST track record of kicking Monster ass in the show and is a freaking tank, yet people are all like "Oh, she has no magic, she's useless" just because they can't see past Characters like Twilight and starlight being Godmode.

Fuck, maybe they'll give them super powers in the movie too so people will finally give AJ some respect.
>>
>>29184023
Don't be sad, Applefag. She has a lasso in her GoH figure.
>>
File: large.jpg (422KB, 1280x752px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
422KB, 1280x752px
>>29184078
she doesn't have a GOH toy yet and you know it.
>>
>>29181538
>googled GOH toys Nightmare moon
>$14.80 on Amazon

Yup. that was hard.
>>
>>29184139
She's getting one the next wave.
>>
>>29184185
I wouldn't be surprised if hasbro skipped her in favor of making a Starlight glimmer toy for the wave.
>>
>>29183782
It makes sense for them to make some GOH toys for the movie honestly; they're probably going to be going super heavy on the action due to it being a movie.
I'd be surprised if they didn't try and top the Twilight/tirek fight in the movie.
>>
>>29181475
I hope it is good
>>
>>29181475
no, never
>>
>>29181685
We already have a bunch of different timelines and multiverses. They could just take a marvel approach and roll with it.
>>
>>29181475

I don't think so. EQG Minis sell better and would be more acceptable a Tv show about EQG than GoH
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.