[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will there Ever be another Mentally Advanced Series episode?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: 1476379366808.jpg (148KB, 1440x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1476379366808.jpg
148KB, 1440x1920px
Will there Ever be another Mentally Advanced Series episode? Or did they give up on it?

Why was the Last Episode so shit?

Why did they change art Styles?
>>
I watched the first ep and it seemed pretty lame. The voices were also really annoying. Fiw is way better desu
>>
>>29179280
They changed art because greg switched from flash to toonboom and had to make new puppets
>>
>>29179280
Greg mentioned in his last personal time the new one should be coming out this month
>>
>>29179410
just watch the new ones he gets better at voice acting.
>>
>>29179410
He gets way better at episode 13 or so.
>>
>>29179280
His account got banned by Hasbro.
>>
>>29179280
It was always shit. I never heard a single funny line. It's like PewDiePie and Markiplier trying to do comedy.
>>
Hasbro C&D'ed them.
>>
>>29179502
Some of MAS episodes are gold.
Like the final episode of the first season.
Die fucker.
>>
File: 1454109883482.gif (61KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454109883482.gif
61KB, 720x720px
>>29179500
>>29179509
Good.
>>
>>29179280
The new series isn't very funny. I feel like it's lost it's charm. I used to really love the series but now I just kind of feel bored watching it. I feel like with the switch to animating the episodes, only a couple of characters end up on screen at one time so the series staple of bickering between characters that hate each other isn't there anymore. Greg's writing, in my opinion, is best when there are several characters quickly firing insults back at each other. However, with only two characters on screen it's very much an A/B conversation with maybe some interjections from a third character. Before, five or six characters would be forced together and conversations would go off on crazy tangents based on interjections and it was chaotic and interesting.
With his other works as well I kind of see different, but related issues to the rapid fire insults mentioned earlier. Greg speaks very quickly and I think it's just something that has come from working on the Mentally Advanced Series for so long. Unfortunately, I think that's one of Greg's biggest weaknesses. The channel's trying to get new voice actors in there, but when they start speaking it slows down the entire video because the change in pace is so abrupt. It becomes hard to work other voices in the videos (regardless of the voice actor's experience) because I don't think he has the ability to direct the voice actors to make them speak faster and match the comedic timing.
After a while, I started to notice how some things that characters spoke did not really fit the voice actor saying the lines. It broke the illusion for me because all I could hear was Greg's speech patterns and while he's good at writing for himself, I don't think he can write for other people.
On another note, I just feel like the whole channel can't get its act together. They've really been struggling to put out other content even though they're trying to be an "animation" channel.
>>
>>29179584
Have you watched the newer episodes
https://youtu.be/WXEL-DT7inQ
it feels like greg was working on fixing his animation before he would focus on writing but now that hes improved his art the writing picked up a bit.
>>
File: inquisitor-aj.png (163KB, 763x1140px) Image search: [Google]
inquisitor-aj.png
163KB, 763x1140px
>>29179410
That's some top tier wrong opinion there friend.
>>
>>29179647
First it was like, flawed characters trying their best to make do against all odds and comedy arising from the situation.

Now its like, lel so randumb human funny faces. Did I mention that posting human = instant unsubscribe from me?
>>
>>29179670
Different anon here.

I agree that Beezen, the furniture god from one of the older generations, fucking sucks.

His writing is way too over the top. He's not funny, and he's really boring.

The point was for it /not/ to be Discord. Idk though because Discord would have been cool, but Greg wanted to do something different.

The rest of the episode was solid as hell though. I just watched it again and it had me laughing the whole way through.
>>
>>29179647
I felt like that episode was one of the worst and the voice acting problem I mentioned still holds true.

I know he's working on fixing his animation, but, how do I put this... I feel as though he relies on a crutch that he is "improving" and that's all he needs to use as an excuse to put out video that's not entirely on point. (I feel that if the writing/acting is solid and the visuals are tolerable, then it should be somewhat enjoyable overall to watch.) He's been working on animating for maybe two years but somehow I feel like he should be further along by now especially since he said he draws and works on animation almost every day.
However, I think there's a flaw in that sort of logic. If you continue to practice mistakes, then those bad mistakes are just going to be repeated. Similarly, if one were to draw a body incorrectly over and over again such that arms and legs are effectively broken, then not much could be learned from drawing those bodies and it only reinforces bad behaviors.
The best way to get out of that is to spend time studying figures in a constructive manner. I've noticed that over the years if someone spends all their time making complete pictures (like colored with backgrounds etc.) then by the time it takes to finish the piece the artist is pretty much at the same level of skill as when they started. That sort of thing isn't good for a budding artist or anyone looking to improve.
This isn't limited to two or three dimensional drawing though. Oftentimes animators will do test animations and studies to be able to convey certain emotions and feelings. Even animators need to be able to practice their craft to convincingly recreate motion.
I hope that makes a bit of sense.
>>
>>29179753
yeah the voice acting for non-Greg roles is pretty bad in comparison, he really should have just gone with discord.
I feel like the problem with the writing is more based on the episode rather than ability but we can only see that in the next episode since the last two have been the beginning and end of seasons which weren't focused on slice of life.
I'm not going to pretend i know art very well but his animation is looking better than what it was.
>>
Greg's dialouge is simply amazing. He mastered writing dialogue long ago. However, his writing, while smart and clever, sometimes needs to be more anchored. For example, this >>29179647. It's dialogue when you really listen to it is fucking great. I mean, seriously, when Celestia practically reveals that there is a secret prison in the gardens, she says it aids in tourism, to which this ensues:

>Rarity: Twilight, how does the hidden prison help aid in tourism?

>Twilight: They turn ponies into stone!

>Rarity: Oh my. So that's why all the sculptures have such horrified looks of desperation on their faces. And here I thought the sculptor just had a fetish for sadism.

>Twilight: She does!

That's genuinely funny. However, the overarching story and what it turned out to be was somewhat disappointing. We didn't even get Discord. Greg's Discord could've been great if he chose to, but he questioned his limits and became to unsure. He needs confidence in what he can do, and I think Hasbro being a bitch to him really helps destroy that.

H-he's not gone forever, is he? I really liked his Twilight.
>>
>>29179956
He's had that furniture wizard idea in his head for several years. A lot of times things that he has ideas for are really funny in concept, but they aren't delivered to their fullest potential.
He was never going to do Discord and you can't top the kind of antics he gets up to in MLP. While I think it would be interesting to see what he'd do with the character, I think no matter what he did, lots of people would be disappointed.

He's a funny guy and he writes really funny character interactions at times but I think you're right in that he's holding himself back and possibly is playing it too safe at times, worried too much about views, statistics and making money.
Lots of the things he talks about in his vlog videos about story plans are really interesting but when the final product comes out it's oftentimes watered down or there's content that's obviously been cut out but references to the cut content are still present.
>>
Is it true Greg come here? Because Greg's got a handsome as fuck jaw. I-I don't know why I want to say that. I'm not gay, it's just...he's got a nice jaw and he's a smart man. I-is it gay if I want to hold his hand as we have a nice and decent conversation while I compliment him?

I'm sick.
>>
>>29180261
I was watching a stream of his once while he was animating, and he mentioned how he just fucking loved the "Fluttershy is pregnant meme", so he definitely comes here. He's in cahoots with Pencils as well which is the guy who does the Anon Pie Adventures comic on here, so it makes sense he would come here.

So hopefully he witnesses your nice comments about his jaw.

Also, holding his hand takes the conversation to a whole 'nother level of intimacy bro. The fuck? That's what should be spoiler-ed, not compliment
>>
>>29180336
I forgot to spoil the hand holding. Whoops. I was gonna spoil them both. But really? He digs the Fluttershy is preggers meme? There is no way I can't heterosexually love this man any more. No homo.
>>
>>29180336
He actually posted with a secure trip once.
>>
File: allbetter.png (77KB, 252x353px) Image search: [Google]
allbetter.png
77KB, 252x353px
>>29179560
I agree
>>
>>29180261
Are you in love with those sad, lonely eyes as well?
>>
>>29182417
He had a big ol' black girlfriend on his topic talk show once.
>>
I just generally feel bad for greg. I've been with him ever since around the Rainbow Factory RDP and ever since then he's just been shat on time and time again. I get the feeling that his like just kinda sucks. I mean for god's sake he worked as a full-time pharmacist
>>
>>29182485
*life
>>
>>29179753
I guess it has to do with his using a new animating program, which means he has to learn to naturally combine the skills he learned from his old animating program, and eventually learn to use them w/ ToonBoom and get better at using it in general. At any rate, hopefully he improves his ToonBoom animating skills enough before the next episode.
>>
>>29179280
I still haven't got around to watching those. I'm a major procrastinator.
>>
File: IMG_2292.gif (72KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2292.gif
72KB, 500x280px
>>29179280
Boi I'll glaze your donut if ya know what I mean
>>
>>29182427
Link please?
>>
>>29179280
I'll glaze that donut with spunk form my SACC
>>
>>29179280
https://youtu.be/2aCWPEEg0FI?list=UU1V4WWR5O9DAQVvfYLlhPPQ
>>
>>29179280
C&D
>>
>>29182726
Same for me, actually.
>>
>>29182726
>>29184940
You should, it's really decent
>>
>>29179410
FiW is shit
>>
>>29179560
That isn't good.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.