[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think that this could be the year? Will we finally get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: background ponies.jpg (144KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
background ponies.jpg
144KB, 1920x1080px
Do you think that this could be the year?
Will we finally get a two-parter where these 5 ponies, not a pretty princess, not Poochie the dog, not any other character who's only a plot device, but only these 5 ponies save the day together?
>>
>>29171074
no
>>
Twilight and Spike, but mostly Spike. That's who will do it. Or, RD. The rest really can't do fighting.
>>
>>29171074
NEVER EVER
NEVER EVER
>>
Yeah, sure, and next thing you're gonna want an episode of DBZ where the "Z warriors" or whatever they're called save the day without Gokue

Also, the last finale was pretty much won by Trixie, Starlight, Discord, and a changeling....so, I really wish haters would give SOME credit where credit is due, nobody was fucking expecting that
>>
>>29171113
Well while that change was ok, we still want to see the other characters actually do shit for once.
>>
>>29171113
>I really wish haters would give SOME credit where credit is due
OK, so I'm asking for an episode where these fucking 5 characters do something for once, and in your head that means that I should give credit to the writers because they wrote an episode where these 5 characters did nothing at all. Flawless logic, bro.
>>
>>29171129
I wasn't really replying to the OP as much as I was making a premeditated reply to the "haters" who without a doubt are going to come into this thread and bitch about how nobody but Twilight ever does anything, the first part of my post was more a reply to you
>>
File: stfu.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
stfu.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
>>29171113
>it's impossible to write an episode without the main character and besides they already did it
>>
File: poochie_by_timothius.png (84KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
poochie_by_timothius.png
84KB, 600x600px
weee poochie
>>
>>29171144
So your point is, it's stupid to ask for an episode with these 5 ponies because only Twilight and literally every other pony but these 5 ponies can ever do anything.

I'm not really sure if that's any better.
>>
>>29171156
His DBZ analogy was referring to fan panda ring and his credit is due he explained, neither discrediting the idea itself, just that if fulfilled based on fandom's whim you won't end up with quality and to say it's not been done before is wrong.
To be honest I think if he hadn't replied to OP and let it stand on its own it would have faired better.
>>
File: Twilight it was a simpler time.gif (2MB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
Twilight it was a simpler time.gif
2MB, 500x350px
>>29171074
We already had a tone of episodes like that, Anon.
They're called seasons one and two.

I want to go back.
>>
File: scrunchiepie.png (123KB, 425x401px) Image search: [Google]
scrunchiepie.png
123KB, 425x401px
>>29171156
Ok, the first part of my post was more a joke was replying to the OP implying that they would never do such a thing, but was a bit of sarcasm, and the second part of my post was just a preemptive damage control for the people who would likely storm the thread talking about how literally only Twilight matters in the show or something

Good grief
>>
>>29171176
>>29171189
Sorry, my bad. I misunderstood the first part. I don't know DBZ so I didn't get the reference.
>>
>>29171184
There is no back. Just look forward and do your best.
>>
>>29171184
>seasons one and two had the mane 5 saving the day without Twilight
Never happened, unless you meant...
>seasons one and two had episodes focusing on the mane 5 and not Twilight
Happens in every season....hell, all together they all get more episodes than Twilight does...
>>
>>29171448
I imagine the reason OP wanted more mane 5 episodes is because, much like Discord, after S3, Twilight became too "overpowered" to use for many plots. Small adventures like the dragon on the mountain in S1, or the baby ursa major, aren't possible for Twi anymore. She has too much political influence, magical power, and wealth for small but fun adventures to pose a threat.

Of course there are already friendship problems, but adventure is nice too. Hence the OP wanting adventures without Twilight. They have to exclude her, or be gigantic threats that should take multiple episodes, like the changelings or Discord.
>>
File: 1465510431365.jpg (113KB, 490x564px) Image search: [Google]
1465510431365.jpg
113KB, 490x564px
>>29171113
>capitalising words for emphasis
>unironically using the word "hater"
jesus fucking christ every time i think this board can't get any shittier you people prove me wrong
>>
>>29171517
Actually it was much simpler, I want at least one mane 5 two-parter just because we never had one, but those are really good points desu.
>>
>>29171074
> Miller and Haber still exist

Nope, OP. It will be another year of watching how Starlight Glimmer and Miller/Haber¡s OCs once again save the day while the characters we have loved and followed for so many years still get the short end of the stick.
>>
>>29171144
> Whoever dislikes Miller and Haber-sama's bullshit is automatically a hater.

Flawless logic here, piggy.
>>
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing more 'Twilight being fucking OP as shit' moments, I love how she constantly teleports and uses magic to pull her friends out the way when she's speaking, it amuses me.

I hate DBZ, but I loved Twi's fight with Tirek.

Now if only the other 5 got in on that somehow...
>>
File: 1452744610328.gif (515KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
1452744610328.gif
515KB, 400x308px
>>29171523
>posting Rainbow Dash
Glad to see you people are still the worst subgroup of ponyfag

>>29171683
>>29171686
Samefag

All hail Hasbro btw
>>
>>29171696
Jimbecile Hasdrone
>>
File: biskitslaughing.jpg (28KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
biskitslaughing.jpg
28KB, 500x370px
>>29171726
Rot in hay, fandom fan!
>>
>>29171751
What you call hay, we call home.
>>
>>29171778
Well uh....congratu-pony-lations, fillies
>>
>>29171074
Nah, Twilight and Spike, or Starlight or Discord
>>
>>29171683
>implying miller creates the characters or writes the show
>>
>>29172960
Well, you have a point. He doesn't even do his work, much the less he's gonna do something else like writing. The only thing he does is whining on Twitter.
>>
>>29172974
>he doesn't even do his work
his job is to oversee the production of the show. His work isnt exactly visible during the show
i sometimes think that /mlp/ doesnt realise that DHX is just contracted by hasbro to produce the show while hasbro hires writers to write the episodes. They're completely seperate from each other with jim having no say what goes in the episode, he just makes the episode
>>
>>29173201
also
>inb4 princess spike since he didnt actually write it. he only came up with the idea
even he didnt like the way it came out
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.