[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: Season 6 Poster.png (977KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Season 6 Poster.png
977KB, 1280x720px
What went wrong?
>>
File: 1300481604035.png (509KB, 606x735px) Image search: [Google]
1300481604035.png
509KB, 606x735px
>"I'll never tell"
>>
>>29166570
Josh Haber and Starlight.
>>
>>29166570
Show ended in S3 for me.
>>
File: these two fuckers.jpg (47KB, 465x305px) Image search: [Google]
these two fuckers.jpg
47KB, 465x305px
>>29166570
>What went wrong?
These two fuckers.
>>
>>29166570
Too much focus on a shitty character
>>
>tfw they made Glimmer as backup Twilight so wingz fags stopped bitching
>People didn't like it
lafffffiiiiiiinnnnnnn
>>
>>29166570
>>
>>29167510
Jim ruined it all
He is a huge imbecile.
>>
>>29166570
Trigger warning for a few dudes on here: Characters I care about got very minimal good things, and a lot of very bad things, while characters I don't care about got a lot more, which led me to be bored out of my mind because I didn't care about what was going on most of the time.

This is a personal reason and I'm not trying to change your views on the show by having this fact apply to me. I am replying to OP's very open question, on why I have not been enjoying the show.
>>
Almost nothing, it was pretty good
>>
>>29167644
Ok Jim
>>
In a Personal Time with Greg, Greg said that at a con M.A. Larson talked about how the higher ups at Hasbro had started to screw around with the scripts, limiting the writers freedom to craft a halfway decent story. Greg then predicted that this would spell doom for FiM, and chalked up most of the writing missteps in season 6 to executive meddling.
>>
Season 6 sucked. Season 5 was just ok, the best was season 1 and 4. I really hope season 7 isn't another huge left down. At least we have the movie to look forward to.
>>
>>29167611
I know exactly that feel, and you're not alone.
>>
>>29167510
To be fair, Faust went crazy after Hasbro forced her off the show. I mean, Miller sucks, but I'm not sure present day Faust would be a better choice.
>>
File: 1463329224929.png (563KB, 887x901px) Image search: [Google]
1463329224929.png
563KB, 887x901px
>>29167611
I know exactly how you feel.
>>
>>29167692
Then I follow up by asking who would be the best choice, if you could make the call?
>>
>>29167707
It would hardly matter if the state of >>29167657 were to remain unchanged.
>>
>>29166570
It started off badly with the most dreary 2 part episode ever conceived. Mary Sue baby ponies? Fuck off.

As others have pointed out - Starlight. No one wants to see another reformed bad girl/guy. Which brings us nicely onto Discord:

The once menacing and all-powerful Discord has become an annoying sideshow buffoon. De Lancie must be really short on work; it's like he's begging them to put him in every fucking episode.

It's lost any sense of cultural connection with the outside world. No more nods to the fans; no more references anyone over 12 will pick up on.

It's not even funny anymore. Honestly, Sonic Boom's way fucking edgier, and that really is trash TV. MLP's dead.
>>
>>29167729
I still don't know if I agree with that. Haber can be pinned for most of the problems thanks to his inability to comprehend pacing and handling characters.
>>
>>29167707
If I could give on person more creative control over FiM than anyone else it would be M.A. Larson. He seems like a smart guy who actually cares about making a decent story. But I guess being a show runner is probably so different from writing, who knows if he could handle it?
>>
File: 1430350409838.jpg (195KB, 609x841px) Image search: [Google]
1430350409838.jpg
195KB, 609x841px
>>29166570
>didn't go full retard with Starlight being the new Twilight, hearkening back to a S1 edutainment style
>all the good writers left, leaving the mediocre/bad ones
>m6 being overused so their solution is to alter some of them (Fluttershy), or make them forget their lessons (Rainbow Dash)
>executive meddling for toys that's been blatant since end of S2 (neo-Changelings)
I blame Hasbro's ivory tower syndrome, Josh Haber playing writer and having his cake too as former exec, Jim being a useless cuck that needs validation, and Faust being gone for five years.

We need change. We need to:
Make
Equestria
Great
Again
>>
I don't see any neo Changeling toys.
>>
File: 1433466817771.jpg (89KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
1433466817771.jpg
89KB, 800x445px
>>29167824
I'd be happy with story editor. He did a great job with the first part of S5.

Rest In Pennyroyal academy
>>
Give me Berrow for story editor.
>>
>>29167869
We had to wait 4 years for Nightmare Night toys.
>>
>>29167891
Fire Jim Miller
Hire Genndy Tartakovsky
FiM is awesome again.
>>
>>29166570
Big Jim
>>
I originally thought it was just the fandom not being as big as it used to, guess there was more stuff happening behinds the scenes then I expected.
>>
>>29166570
Everything
>>
>>29167611
I just want one Celestia episode. Is that so bad?
>>
>>29167941
Jim said they don't want to make a celestia episode.
>>
>>29167912
And fire Meghan McCarthy, Mike Vogel, and Jayson Thiessen and named Ishi Rudell as Supervising Director and Denny Lu as Co-Director in the show and named Ishi Rudell as the director of the MLP movie.
>>
>>29167941
Only if you attack people whose waifu has had an episode for wanting more, and call them selfish and ungrateful. Until you do that, I sympathize with you and want for her to get something, too, for your sake.
>>
>>29168020
wat
>>
>>29167941
Honestly, as a sunfag at this point I'm not sure I want one anymore. I'm really not confident that any of the current writers can pull off anything that remotely respects her character and abilities. The time when there were staff around who cared enough about her to do that kind of thing is passed.
>>
>>29166725
>>29167782
> Haber can be pinned for most of the problems thanks to his inability to comprehend pacing and handling characters.
The greatest tragedy is not that there weren't good ideas but that so many good ideas were botched in how they were handled. Glimmie/Twilight should have been MLP's Raye/Usagi but everything between them was made to suck instead. There were a couple good new characters created such as Gabby and everybody did a great job on realizing every level of detail for her. But JH does not seem able to develop stories from a good premise. To Where and Back Again part 1 had great potential but Haber/Vogel completely dropped the ball and the buildup of tension that could have been released between the Mane 6 and Glim was not there to utilize and exploit as it should have been. I would use
Haber as an idea man but allow more competent writers the opportunity to handle the actual writing.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.