[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OP fucked up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1482086466765.jpg (6KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
1482086466765.jpg
6KB, 235x214px
>be me
>poorfag who's had the same computer for almost a decade
>a few hours ago my computer crashed without warning and I found out the hdd was corrupted and I have to install the OS all over again
>literally hundreds of gigabytes of pony gone, some of it rare images long deleted off the internet entirely
>currently posting off the emergency recovery disk image from the tab reserved for online support

I'm just coming to terms with what I've lost, all of these years collecting pone before it was wiped away like nothing. Anyways, post something happy to cheer me up. Or not. I can't save any of it anyways
>>
>>29164225
thats why you get a USB faggot
>>
File: 555555.jpg (294KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
555555.jpg
294KB, 1920x1080px
>>29164225
>the hdd was corrupted and I have to install the OS all over again
If the hdd has crashed, you won't be able to reinstall the OS anyway, so it'd be a waste of time trying to do so. If the hdd isn't broken and it's just corrupted, you can probably still recover some files with a recovery tool as long as you don't do try to reinstall the OS before. Either way, don't use that disk.
>>
File: image.png (209KB, 540x571px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
209KB, 540x571px
Back your stuff up next time, that's happened to me too.
>>
>>29164258
This dammit.
>>
>>29164225
Be more specific. Is your HDD literally mechanically defective or is it just the OS on it that's crapped out? If it's the latter, just install it in another PC as a secondary drive and you can still get everything off it.
>>
>>29164236
>external hard drives
>literally the most prone to damage medium
>as a backup
>ever
>>
>>29164225
It's not much in comparison to years of pone, but I hope it's a helpful start

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0OPrZN3lV5LakxwRWYtT0UwcXc
>>
>>29164258
>>29164263
Nah, they're gone for good. I tried to recover them but the hdd couldn't be saved. Right now my only hope is that if I manage to install another OS I could get it to function just enough until I can get a new computer, but I guess in reality I'm just busying myself while I wait. I have very little hope left for this computer
>>
>>29164225
Been there. Done that. It's not a fun time.
All the hugs bro.

>>29164263
>>29164289
When I had mine go it just threw up a generic windows error box reporting a smart drive failure, then hung the system.
It then refused to re-boot as it could no longer find the HD.
As far as I can tell, the only way to recover stuff from that is to get another drive of the same type, dismantle them both and move the platter from the failed drive into the chassis of the new one. And even that is a coin toss.

>>29164265
USB sticks are not hard drives bruh.
They are _more_ reliable as they have no moving parts.
If you drop it in your starbucks or roll over it with your fancy chair, that's your own damn fault for not looking after it
properly.
>>
>>29164273
Much appreciated
>>
File: 404.png (124KB, 600x472px) Image search: [Google]
404.png
124KB, 600x472px
>>29164289
You probably know this already, but I'll I say it anyway.
If you can't afford a new computer right now, you can just get a new hard drive, swap it with your old one, install an OS and you're good to go.
>>
>>29164225
I'm sorry for your loss. Next time think of backups. When you'll get your computer to work again, you can torrent the Archive.moe dump. It contains a lot of old pictures. There is also the ponibooru dump from minuette.net or something.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.