[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Smash Bros: Equestria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

>Admittedly shitty name subject to change

My new year's resolution is to try and bring some life back into this dying fandom through creativity. I saw some really shitty SSBB mods and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1txC4WmSEeI&lc=z13jhfbj4r2sg5s2l23qjbljjsmnwlrly

Just look at that. Fucking look at that. And what it means for all of us. Someone young enough to think Wesker The Hedgehog in smash was a good idea... was able to mod his shitty edgy Sonic The Hedgehog OC into the game. And the guy that made this made like 20 others into his "Sonic And Pokemon MX" fullgame, a hacked copy of SSBB that also contains a bunch of pokemon characters that range from great to shit. Someone dumb enough to not know how to clean up the Jpeg artefacts in the blurry shitty custom title screen was able to MAKE that title screen appear in-game and mod almost everything in SSBB to be Sonic or Pokemon related. He even modded the menu sounds to sound like sonic heroes, for fuck's sake.

>Now look at this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFyX7OVRQKE Super Smash Bros Infinite. over 100 SSBB characters and 80 stages in one game.

Now look at this actually-good mod that turns the shit SSBB game into something better than melee, just by fixing some easily-fixed stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHRolTLTxqs

Guys... I think we should make a Super Smash Bros: Equestria.

We start by modding Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and the rest of the mane six into the game, while teasing the possibility of other characters, even though we'll likely never get around to them. But once we've got ponies in the game, we're golden. We've surpassed every other fandom out there. Star Wars fans, new or old, never did this. Trekkies never did this in the 40+ years they existed. Sjwniverses sure as fuck will never do this. We'll bring back that brony creativity that made grown-ass men proud to love a well-written kid's cartoon. Whether the movie is good or not, WE WILL LIVE ON.
>>
>>29161541
This is a terrible pitch.
>>
>>29161541
We already tried that, does "Fighting is Magic" ring any bells? Hasbro Cease and Desist'd it. What's to say that won't happen again?
>>
>>29161541
Dud we're pretty fed up with smash bros clones/mods, there's just so much better stuff to work on
>>
Sonic Adventure had really good graphics you memer.
>>
>>29161977
the talking animations were fucking awful though.
>>
>>29161580
Fighting Is Magic. Remember what that was? An original fighting game based on an IP, a project doomed for failure and C+Ds. You can't just release an unfinished fighting game. Unless you're Street Fighter. (kek)

A mod for a fighting game, on the other hand... You can't police that. You can't ban or C+D that. Hell, if we start working on it, then release when done or make constant regular updates and watch fans take over when you get C+Dd, C+Ds mean nothing.
>>
File: dis_glimmer_4_sureus.gif (751KB, 429x429px) Image search: [Google]
dis_glimmer_4_sureus.gif
751KB, 429x429px
>>29161541
That video is cringy af - saving this for a cringe thread.

>>29162392
The problem with FiMagic is that the fools made a website, posted the names and emails of project leaders, and asked for monetary support. This is 4chan ffs, a project can be done lowkey without having to advertise and showboat all over the net how great you are and that you are working on a project based on IP to gain horsefame.
That said, I think it's a good idea since the game has been released for a while, and surely there is documentation and support from the modding community. Personally, I'm a scrub with 0 knowledge of mod/vidya development. I'm sure other fags here would play it (myself included even tho never really played SSB before), problem is this board is just shitposting fgts with n0skills. Your best bet is to find other brownies in existing modding communities to get this rolling.
>>
>>29161541
Ive never modded a game, but I have written some games, ill look into SSBBB and see if I can contribute to this if we do it.
>>
>>29163025

>That video is cringy af - saving this for a cringe thread.

Hey, cringe is cancer. It's for utterly pathetic losers that desperately want to be the ones pointing and laughing instead of being pointed at and laughed at. They scrape the bottom of the barrel to find things arguably more pathetic than them, and because they have no concept of scale or depth, everything is on the same level of "Cringe" and everything that isn't them is "Cringey". I wouldn't mind so much if they only attacked shit that deserved it, like really shitty kickstarted high-budget low-quality animations or whiteknight "feminism is perfect uwu real men love it" idiots, but no, they'll attack kids that make Minecraft videos, just for being kids and liking Minecraft. They contribute nothing to the world and make it a worse place, and believe yelling "Drink bleach!" is intelligence. They are a cancer.

>The problem with FiMagic is that the fools made a website, posted the names and emails of project leaders, and asked for monetary support. This is 4chan ffs, a project can be done lowkey without having to advertise and showboat all over the net how great you are and that you are working on a project based on IP to gain horsefame.

Correct.

>That said, I think it's a good idea since the game has been released for a while, and surely there is documentation and support from the modding community.

There is. Tutorials and documentation can be found easily and an active smash bros modding community on SmashBoards exists.

>Personally, I'm a scrub with 0 knowledge of mod/vidya development. I'm sure other fags here would play it (myself included even tho never really played SSB before), problem is this board is just shitposting fgts with n0skills. Your best bet is to find other brownies in existing modding communities to get this rolling.

Do bronies even have modding communities? Where do we meet up, besides this board?
>>
>>29163645
Noice. Modelswapping looks easy, custom animations look a little more time consuming but still easy, and move-editing is easy.

Should I make us a Discord chat?
>>
I hereby declare myself project manager and moveset editor. (It's what I'm best at)

Also, WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE NEW "FIREWORKS" CAPTCHAS? THEY'RE ALWAYS FUCKING WRONG. THEY GET IT FUCKING WRONG. THEY CAN'T FUCKING DECIDE IF I SHOULD SELECT ALL THE PIECES OF IMAGE WITH BITS OF FIREWORK EXPLOSION OR JUST THE CENTER. FUCK THIS.
>>
>>29165086
ill see if I can join next year
>>
Theres already some pony skin mods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH_iyk9-gxg

some pony themed stages
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31gJDXD6kuo

Are you talking about just a reskin, or completely new characters?
>>
bump?
>>
>>29165627
>can hack brawl
>Doesn't have a capture card
>>
>>29167190
yis
>>
>>29161541
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.