[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cthulhu in Equestria: Nobody cared so i put it again Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: cult.jpg (124KB, 612x774px) Image search: [Google]
cult.jpg
124KB, 612x774px
Archives:
>>29134323
A nice OldFic about kinda the same topic (good read), to get the Lovecraftian Ideas flowing
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/35717/The-Stars-Will-Aid-Their-Escape
>what the fuck is this?:
these are writing prompts for a story, mixing Dark Magic, Elder and Forbidden gods, Madness, sacrifices and colorful horses
Also decided to put this once again, the original was archived too fast, and there was already some story going on, and nobody put it back on so i decided to
also WE NEED WRITEFAGS, NAO!
>>
File: Screenshot_20161225-104405.png (733KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161225-104405.png
733KB, 1280x720px
>>29154908
I still want my idea of "Twilight fucking up and bringing the old gods into Equestria, thus everyone dealing with the consequences" to go somewhere.
>>
>>29154942
Yes i know man, but no writefigs, no green, no story
Keep this bumped and the green May appear
>>
File: 1481907494376.gif (2MB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
1481907494376.gif
2MB, 320x288px
>>29154952
I would write some green myself, however I myself don't have enough supplementary knowledge on HP Lovecraft's works or any other stories and information pertaining to the old gods to write anything substantial.
>>
>>29154984
A quick read on wikipedia about Lovecraft work and some elder gods, (The most interesting are Nyarlathotep, Cthulhu, Shub-Niggurath and Azathoht) may get you started quickly
>>
>>29154984
The thing about writing a elder god is not knowing about them. They were made to be forever unknown, with simply understanding that they exists can screw with the mind. So don't write about them, write about the cults. The mysteries that surrounds their influence. And how fruitless human (pony) nature is to them, because that's largely how Lovecraft did it.
>>
Page 5 bump
>>
Going to sleep now, need someone to keep this bumped while im off
>>
>>29154908
Bump
Also we need greens now
>>
bubba in equestria
>>
>>29155010
>Cthulhu
>not Yog-Sothoth
I mean, the character was so central to Lovecraft's body of work that he referred to the whole of it as "Yog-Sothothery." It was that dualistic faggot Derleth who coined the "Cthulhu Mythos" and made Cthulhu out to be a more crucial element.
>>
File: 220px-Yog-Sothoth_couleur.jpg (19KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Yog-Sothoth_couleur.jpg
19KB, 220x293px
>>29158674
>you're right
YOG-SOTHOTH IS THE GATE!
>>
Gonna keep this bumped, i actually hope writefags make some green for this
>>
>>29154984
There's certainly plenty of lore, but most of it doesn't factor directly into stories, except in some portents and undertones. It's really more about the atmosphere and themes than the specifics.

- Cosy, provincial settings overlying veneers of seedy occult history
- Ancient and terrible traditions kept alive by backward pockets of society -- perhaps once-esteemed families, though fallen far from grace
- Truths that, when learned, can sap someone's will to live and/or shatter their concept of reality
- Above all else, a materialist philosophy that stresses humanity's fleeting and all-around insignificant nature in the context of the universe. The idea that existence and its truly important entities are indifferent to humanity, their "opposition" to us exists on the scale of a person killing bacteria by washing their hands, and that a human has as much agency as the elementary particles of which it's comprised.

Anyone who attempts a faithful mashup of Lovecraft and MLP has their work cut out for them, because in a lot of ways, Pony is diametrically opposed to this philosophy. Love and friendship are shown to be very real, very raw forces of nature in Equestria, which is a far cry from the coldly self-propagating purpose those concepts would serve in a cosmicist setting.
>>
8th page bump
>>
Relevant if you can /tg/ rambling >>>/tg/50941924
>>
page 10 bump
>>
File: GreatRace.jpg (249KB, 1248x1046px) Image search: [Google]
GreatRace.jpg
249KB, 1248x1046px
>>
Page 9 bump
>>
page 10 bump
keeping this thread alive
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.