[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where has all the waifuposting gone? What happened to prompt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 16

File: dil.jpg (226KB, 2056x1542px) Image search: [Google]
dil.jpg
226KB, 2056x1542px
Where has all the waifuposting gone? What happened to prompt threads? I miss old /mlp/
>>
>>29135800
board is slowing down
>>
File: Serious-fish-spongebob.jpg (35KB, 544x517px) Image search: [Google]
Serious-fish-spongebob.jpg
35KB, 544x517px
AIE annexed the whole board, and it's disgusting.
>>
>>29135800
>What happened to prompt threads
scruffening 2.0 and faggots who spam MOOOOODS at every prompt that dares show up
>>
>>29135800
Scruffening 2.0 caused panic and some faggot to go around calling everything roleplaying. Thing is, prompt threads clearly weren't roleplaying, there was threads that actually roleplayed in this format (responding to everything with the character instead of delivering a premise or theme) and they were awful and worthy of being deleted on sight.
Prompt threads were fun as fuck, even with the complaints about it being about pony fucking it actually eased out at one point and had a good balance then it all got blown to hell
>>
>>29135800
Waifuposting and AiE ruined this board.
>>
>>29135856
Go to FiMFiction if you want to write. This is a shitty format for writing.
>>
>>29135800
>abloo abloo muh old mulp
why does there always have to be a nostalgiafag?
>>
>>29135969
FiMFiction is garbage, fuck you nigger
>>
>>29135969
alright yeah look at all the original fuckin' glimmer and cuckposting there is it's all real spectacular stuff ain't it really makes you think
fimfiction sucks ass and will never deliver the same drive
>>
>>29135856
Some time ago Hiro said on qa that boards can discuss about changing rules, and after gathering consensus, post on qa and make them effective. We shouldn't let the mods decide which threads are allowed. They simply have to ban what breaks the rules, not make their own interpretations of them. I liked greentext prompts too, they produced good content
>>
File: 1469940655757.gif (121KB, 1093x1093px) Image search: [Google]
1469940655757.gif
121KB, 1093x1093px
>>29136020
Are prompt threads even banned by mods anymore? There's been plenty of unoriginal EQG prompts popping up and they're actually allowed, and CYOA are pretty much original scenarios based in MLP universe just like Prompts are. Maybe if it isn't banned there's support for it there won't be an issue and we can work it out without a qa thread. If it is banned though an all-purpose /mlp/ or even qa thread could actually get somewhere
>inb4 trying to make change is a waste of time
we didn't get hiro to respond to our banner issue with that attitude
>>
>>29136089
Sometimes they get banned, sometimes not. This is the problem. It's just mods doing what the fuck they want.
I actually remember this board to be quite fast at the beginning of this year. Ever since the second scruffening I got the feeling that the traffic has slowed down a lot. Can't be a coincidence, I think.
>>
>>29136089
>>29136133
Someone should start a /qa/ thread. Prompts were the only thing I really came to this board for desu
>>
>>29136215
A thread on qa would be great if it's handled properly. If there's not one by unspecified time period then someone's gonna have to make it. Don't make it a bumpdump.
They're no stranger to pony threads so keep it simple. Heck, we can cut to the chase say right there and then that it's a strictly business thread and tell anyone who interlopes to fuck off.
>>
>>29136215
Ready, just need an OP image. I haven't got shit for stealth images that don't drive away healthy discussion. Got anything?
>>
File: 6575678568.png (307KB, 1280x1073px) Image search: [Google]
6575678568.png
307KB, 1280x1073px
>>29135816
He doesn't like anon in equestria

Get out then fag, you came to the wrong neighborhood.
>>
File: 715937.png (816KB, 4800x4800px) Image search: [Google]
715937.png
816KB, 4800x4800px
>>29136340
This one is perfect
Never thought i d say this but i miss her...
>>
File: Oh...my....png (68KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Oh...my....png
68KB, 500x500px
>>29136357
W-well...
>>
>>29135962
No, it was shipping and cuck posting fucking ponychanner.
>>
File: 1471974812689.png (58KB, 454x396px) Image search: [Google]
1471974812689.png
58KB, 454x396px
>>29136340
How about this Twily?
Its not very stealty butt...
>>
>>29136353
>>29136357
That would be brilliant, but isn't driving exactly what I'm going for. I've got it handled bud. I don't make threads for a living. Would promoting this in another thread be acceptable or not, because it sounds taboo to me.
Here you go faggots, check out anon's santa hat.
>>>/qa/911102
>>>/qa/911102
>>>/qa/911102
>>>/qa/911102
>>
File: large.png (154KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
154KB, 1024x1024px
>>29135800
>What happened to prompt threads?
>>
>>29135800
Welcome to nu-/mlp/
Where no fun is allowed.

We're hoping that some aggressive new moderation will finally kill this abomination of a hugbox.

Rot in hell, ponyfuckers.
>>
>>29136398

>greentext is cancer, faggot.
>>
>>29135800
>rape
>>
>>29136398
We might have to pester the mods consistently if we want change
>>
>>29136351
No. I came for ponies, not for some green faceless Mary Sue.
AIE used to be one general, now it's the whole fucking board
>>
>>29136398
promote this thread but do it low key
>>
File: tmp_10680-1479508745476729848193.png (171KB, 786x1857px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10680-1479508745476729848193.png
171KB, 786x1857px
>>29135800

We are having plenty of waifuposting on /sgt/ wanna join in?
you must be open minded
>>
>>29136552
>a lot of people like to fantasize about being with their waifu
How surprising.
>>
File: 34534634634.png (240KB, 590x478px) Image search: [Google]
34534634634.png
240KB, 590x478px
>>29136552
It's a self-insert character retard.

Also
>mary sue
nice meme

Most of the time anon is just a normal human with no powers whatsoever.
>>
>>29135800
>What happened to prompt threads?
You faggots don't know when enough is enough and the baby got thrown out with the bath water. Fuck you guys.
>>
>>29135800
>Twilight will never cast a spell on you that causes you to have a compulsive need to give any pony that rolls over and presents themselves belly rubs
>>
>>29135800
>waifuposting
The waifu thread, MLPG, character-specific threads. What do you consider waifuposting? "your waifu is in the last video game you played! Who is she?" threads?
>>
>>29136553
anon I am not trained in the art of such scummy business.
The thread is already off to good start and heck, this thread is picking up steam really well. Movement when?
>>
>>29136585
I remember scruffening 2.0, it had nothing to do with greentext. Three whole pages with of threads were deleted seemingly at random, like half of the greentext prompt threads that's were up at the time survived the initial purge. It wasn't until someone on /qa/ mentioned greentext prompts that the rest were deleted and the sticky 'clarifying' the rules was put up.
>>
>>29136621
We just have to remember to have a thread about this on /qa/ as ofte as possible until we get change

Also a thread here that directs anons to the thread there
>>
Why do we have these meta-threads? I'm not trying to be contrarian here; I'm not trying to start an argument either, but I've never seen the changes in meta-threads actually implemented. The moderators are under no obligation to listen to us, and "4chan is not a democracy". Hiro asked for consensus, we showed him consensus, however he did nothing.

The problem is people complain, anons propose good ideas, yet those ideas are impossible to reach consensus on, and we cannot enforce any solutions nor can we act as a cohesive whole. Moderators and janitors are for enforcing the rules as they see fit, not necessarily changing them.

It looks to me like we still have prompt threads:
>>29032498
>>29136606
>>29109700
>>29134323
>>29134006 (kinda)

Just as not as many.
>>
>>29136762
They only way mods actually get of their asses and make change is if we pester them about it constantly.

After all, It's how /pol/ got Modcat fired
>>
File: 1435860680950.jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1435860680950.jpg
4KB, 200x200px
>prompt threads
>old /mlp/
>>
File: Kaiji so fucked up.png (53KB, 302x325px) Image search: [Google]
Kaiji so fucked up.png
53KB, 302x325px
>>29135800
>People are being nostalgic about the shitty prompt threads
>>
>>29136803
rulecuck
>>
File: 1459898481895.png (55KB, 596x679px) Image search: [Google]
1459898481895.png
55KB, 596x679px
>>29136717
Sounds good and simple. A thread here on /mlp/ about improvement in hiro's suggested format could also work but I am hesitant as it may become general format which would be inconvenient for everyone.

>>29136762
I'd like to believe that Hiro was torn from two opposing sides during the banner situation. I don't expect Hiro to understand the barneyfag situation. We still have a shot on that slow yet important board as long as we keep it simple.

The amount of meta threads are concerning and I apologize for stirring it up, however there's been little discussion about the large sparsity of prompt threads until now and I'd like to believe it's a decent topic. This thread's been good so far. I cannot deny your examples and have brought this up earlier; I merely seek either a solution or an answer.
>>
For the time being we should all post some dank prompt threads, just not too many
>>
>>29136862
Do not force anything, if you are not careful you will become the enemy
>>
The key with this will be patience. Even if we dont get responces we have to keep posting on /qa/ and not become discouraged
>>
>>29136133
well yeah, its their goal to chase us off. they cant just shut down the whole board at once, so they do it inch by inch.
>>
>>29137029
Where are people even going if they're not staying here? There's nowhere else to go
>>
I look around and all I see are a bunch of depressed fags who just want to spread there thoughts.
>>
>>29137029
I'm absolutely certain that there's at least one moderator who somewhat cares about this board. Otherwise we wouldn't get the stickies, or that fun little prank where everyone was made " = ", or the recent removal of glimspam and a certain shitposter. The mods could just as easily let this board go to complete shit by neglecting it entirely. It's when the janitors go crazy and mods start arbitrarily banning stuff we enjoy that tensions rise.
>>
>>29136568
Lacking powers has nothing to do with it.
Being a self-insert character that all the ponies want to suck off (generally for no reason and at the cost of their canon personality) basically makes Anon a Mary Sue in at least the original sense of the term.
>>
>>29135800
>Where has all the waifuposting gone? What happened to prompt threads?
Both of these still happen with regular frequency.
They're just not getting spammed because there's not as many people as before.
>>
>>29137388
He's also not the focus in 90% of them, so is it really a cause for concern? Do you want anon to be interesting because sometimes he's not worth investing effort into. it takes some specialized writefaggotry to pull off a developed anon and keep the story and purpose intact exchange did it well
>>
>>29137447
And having a "developed Anon" kind of defeats the purpose of having Anon. He's meant to be either a self insert, or a representation of 4chan/board culture used either for quick satisfaction or comedic effect.
>>
>>29137388
>a Mary Sue in at least the original sense of the term.
No it doesn't. If you want to use the original term then Anon must be.
>Perfect at every thing he does, rarely the case
>Better at everything in compression to the main cast, meaning better at magic than Twilight, Glimmer, and Starswirl. befriends animals faster than Flutters, faster than Dash, makes better dresses than Rarity, better parties than Pinkie (and she's okay with that), and can do all of AJ chores for a season in about ten seconds.
>Is never wrong, again rarely the case
>And is the sole reason the day gets saved, the only part that you have a stance on.

>Being a self-insert character that all the ponies want to suck off (generally for no reason and at the cost of their canon personality)
This isn't an Anon only problem, an OC pony, dragon, griffin can easily have this problem.
>I once read a green where an OC pony was good at hypnotism.
>His end goal was to hypnotize the M6 into his harem.
>He got them.
>And even Twilight fell just as easily to his tricks because reasons.
If anything a OC pony, dragon, and griffin is more of a "self insert" than Anon ever could be, because of the fact that you have to bother making an OC, not taking a blank slate that an image board created years ago.
>>
>>29137557
>This isn't an Anon only problem, an OC pony, dragon, griffin can easily have this problem.
What are you talking about? This argument is bullshit.
>>
>>29136593
>implying I'd need to be convinced to do that.
>>
>>29137578
If liking the main character is "non canon" to how they act, then any main character has this problem. The argument isn't bullshit, you just don't like it.
>>
File: 878686.png (627KB, 1169x860px) Image search: [Google]
878686.png
627KB, 1169x860px
>>29137388
>generally for no reason

One word: hands
>>
>>29137447
>He's also not the focus in 90% of them
I'd argue against that, what with him being lusted after by ponies being the main driving force of many greens.
>cause for concern
It's a symptom of generally bad writing habits, but the only thing I'm arguing is that Anon is, more often than not, a Mary Sue.
As for whether I want an 'interesting' Anon, I'd rather not see the 'character' at all since it's generally eye rolling due to 4chan culture being a prominent part of its character.
Otherwise, it serves its purpose as a disposable character, blank-slate or not, and not all greens featuring the character are bad.

>>29137557
>If you want to use the original term
Alright, then. I'll revise that to say that Anon fits at least part of the definition of a Mary Sue.
>This isn't an Anon only problem.
It is on /mlp/.
>If anything a OC pony, dragon, and griffin is more of a "self insert"
How could you honestly come to this conclusion? Being an OC does not a self-insert make.
Considering how the majority of greens are written in second-person and star Anonymous as the main character, he is /the/ self-insert.
>>
File: 1469941864935.png (367KB, 1280x786px) Image search: [Google]
1469941864935.png
367KB, 1280x786px
>>29137467
Well, if you're not allowed to develop Anon as the story progresses like you would a normal character than what the fuck are you supposed to do then? Making a human character that isn't named "Anon" makes people just tell you to rename them to Anon, and if you have some other character it's just ragged on for being an OC.

There shouldn't be anything wrong with developing Anon since it's the character that everyone just uses for simplicity's sake.
>>
It's all still here. You're selectively remembering the good parts of the board and forgetting that 9/10 threads never interest you no matter what. Hide the shit you don't like and enjoy your 4 threads that are what you want or just keep tabs open like we did in the good ol days
>>
>>29137634
>How could you honestly come to this conclusion?
>Self-insertion
>is a literary device in which a fictional character who is the real author of a work of fiction appears as an idealized character within that fiction, either overtly or in disguise.

For starter that, and second, you all hate Anon because the story is tailored around him. Well let me ask you this.

>Anon goes to Ponyville
>He meet the M6
>They fall in love with him, and gets married
>They live happily everafter

>A Pegasus named Blue Drop goes to Ponyville
>He meet the M6

>A dragon named Blister goes to Ponyville
>He meet the M6

>A griffin named Sharpclaw goes to Ponyville
>He meet the M6

What is the difference from these stories other than description and main characters?
>>
>>29137674
there's no difference. they are all shit. Why do you still mention others OC? we are talking about Anon.
>>
>>29137652
>it's the character that everyone just uses for simplicity's sake.
Actually it's the character everyone uses because people used to REEEEEEEE about it not being Anon because they couldn't self insert as easily and/or felt cucked by another imaginary character being with their waifu.

We have had attempts in the past at non-Anon human characters but 99% of them burned in the fires of autistic rage.

I wish I was kidding
>>
>>29137707
What about writing Anon not being MarySue?
>>
>>29137697
>there's no difference.
That's my point.

> Why do you still mention others OC? we are talking about Anon.
Because OC and Anon are nothing but main characters. They are vessel to the plot, and as I have shown, the plot is 100% independent of the main character. If you hate Anon gets all the pussy, then you'll still hate it if an OC is the main character because it is still the same plot regardless.
>>
>>29136020
You know damn well that Hiro's going to change fuck all because he invested into it for a profit and the less change the better, and the mods use the site as a way to flex their e-ween.

In other words, the fate of every single organization since the beginning of homo erectus: Man makes good thing, men corrupt and fester on it's mutilated corpse.
>>
>>29137717
Lack of interest.

Doesn't stop me from trying though.
>>
>>29137707
>and/or felt cucked by another imaginary character being with their waifu.
Either don't write about ponies fucking each other, or do it in a thread that has a variety of people in it, where only a few will statistically waifu a certain pony.
Anyway, it's kind of normal that people don't want to read about their waifu getting fucked by someone else. I personally wouldn't throw a fit over it, but surely wouldn't go on reading.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.