[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Purchasing MLP stuff in Public

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: mlp-walmart.png (416KB, 512x399px) Image search: [Google]
mlp-walmart.png
416KB, 512x399px
Since it is Christmas, I think we should give the gift of sharing strange experiences of purchasing MLP stuff in public stores. Who wants to start?

If not I have a strange experience from Walmart....
>>
I was going to buy 2 blindbag figures and a caramel bar, when I got to the cash the cashier was an old man, when he scanned the figures he started laughing and he laughed for around 3 minutes. it was fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>29126960
I legitimately was buying some of those 4$ brushables for my little sister, cashier had to make it awkward. >>29127007 Basically this, but he was a 20 something d-bag.
>>
>>29126960
Self checkout lanes at target come in handy.
>>
>>29127025
I get that some times, once when I was at a Thrift Store I found a box with a shit ton of the trading cards. the lady at the cash looked at me like I just murdererd someone.
>>
>>29127031
They sure do,

they need to get those at Toys R us. would make things lot less awkward.
>>
>>29127007
>>29127025
Why didn't you just challenge them to a duel?
>>
Pro tip: If you're buying MLP crap from a store, just get a "Happy 6th Birthday" card for a girl to go along with it. They won't think twice about it.
>>
>>29127067
Or, y'know, just purchase your shit online.
>>
>>29127070
Yeah, that works also.
>>
>>29127070
Its a blindbag.
Why would I buy it online,
I want to know which one I am getting
I don;t want another fecking rainbow dash/rarity repaint.
>>
>>29127067
shit, thats a good idea.
>>
>>29127087
>I want to know what I am getting

>Implying you can't literally look it the fuck up

>Implying purchases are random

You're not being coherent.
>>
>>29127103
I ment, when you purchase the blindbags online, they don't tell you which one you are getting.
If you by them un-bagged, they cost x2 to x6 more.
>>
>>29127099
>IT'S FOR A 6 YEAR OLD CHILD!
>I DONT MASTURBATE TO PONIES!
>>
I honestly don't know if cashiers are completely retarded in your country. I'm the shiest person I know and I never had a problem buying MLP stuff. Maybe it's that, as shy as I am, I don't act any differently than how I'd act if I were to buy a girly toy for one of my nieces, or maybe cashiers here know that laughing at a customer is not a good idea. I think it's probably the latter, and threads like this really make me think that in America some things are much worse than in my europoor country.
>>
I buy pony shit every once in a while, and never get shit for it. I don't really care what some minimum-wage cashier thinks of me anyway. It's not like I know the person, and it's not like I'm the only person they're dealing with that day.
>>
>>29127189
I'm in Canada,
People say we're nice, relay not.
>>
>>29127031
So does amazon.
>>
>>29127463
Fuck off namefag.

Canadians are great. Im an Amerifat and i enjoy visiting Canada once every 2 or three years.
>>
>>29127463
>>29127506
The cashier probably was laughing because he could tell you were a namefag
>>
>>29126960
I've never had to deal with this since I don't buy pony merch, but why do people care about the opinion of a cashier at Toys R Us?
>>
>>29127183
>I MASTURBATE TO THE 6 YEAR OLD
>>
>>29126960
I look to be of the age where I'd have a daughter or maybe a niece who is age appropriate for pone. I've also had the luck of there usually being some woman shopping in that area at the same time...asking them, 'Do you know much about this? My niece asked for some My Little Pony things but didn't specify.' or something like that.

It's super easy to play it cool and not look like a sperg, just be clean, have a cart with a few other things in it and no one bats an eye.

My only strange experience was when a woman asked me if I knew anything about mlp merch when I was looking over some blindbags while also getting a Fluttershy toy for a buddy.
>>
>>29127506
it depends where you go,
Toronto is the worse
>>
>>29127602
Wow, your prepared
>>
>Me and my friends go to a streetmarket
>We hang around, laugh a lot
>Then one friends points out to a table full of preowned toys
>"Look, Anon! A Derpy"
>I look
"Where? I can't see it"
>"Come on, it's right there"
"I don't see any pony toys in there"
>"ARE YOU FUCKING BLIND? IT'S RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU"
>I get really close to the toys
"Really? I still can't--"
>Other friends grabs the toy
>"TOO LATE. Mine now"
"HOLY FUCK YOU WERE RIGHT"
>"Wow, man, i can't believe you were so slow"
>"How did you not see it?"
>"Hahahaha now it's mine"
"Shit, guys. I seriously didn't see it"
>We all start laughing
>Meanwhile, the woman behind the table stared at us the whole time
>>
>>29127692
Amazing, the retarded namefag with English as his first language still doesn't know the difference between your/you're & also can't capitalize. Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>29127903
My first language is french.
>>
>>29127707
Now to verify I must ask
-were you teenagers or were you over 20?
-were you overweight?

Those two factors would complete the visual story for me.
>>
>>29127581
/thread
>>
File: IMG_5968.jpg (80KB, 622x850px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5968.jpg
80KB, 622x850px
>You get all your merch through bday/Xmas presents from the liberal side of your family
>>
>>29128334
you lucky bastard
>>
>>29128334
Does the conservative side of the family try to honor kill you for being a disappointment you autistic man child faggot ?
>>
Since it has been awhile anyone have any experiences of family finding you in the store while buying pone stuff?

Happend to me once, luckily I wasn't in the isle yet.
>>
>>29128847
They must have some sorta hatred to autism.

Wonder what they would do if you said you liked sonic.
>>
>>29127463
>People say we're nice, relay not.
Yup, know that feel.
Not a leaf but my country has that rep too, makes you wonder just how shit other countries really are sometimes.
>>
>>29129389
are you an 'murican or a Mexican?
>>
>>29126960
>>
here's how i purchase pony merch in public without spilling any spaghetti

step 1. not give a fuck
step 2. purchase pony merch

i gained some self awareness when i was going around and buying the happy meal pony toys. i realized that what i was doing was autistic as fuck as it is, no amount of sidestepping or excuses would work. so i said fuck it, i don't give a shit, gimme dat pone.
>>
>>29126960
>go to store
>acquire pone

I've done this more than 100 times and never gotten any shit
>>
>>29126960
>Gving Hasbro a single cent.
Reminder that if you buy merchandise, you hate the show.
>>
>>29132037
Reminder that if you don't buy merchandise, you hate the show because the show literally only exists and has only existed because of merchandise much like Transformers, LPS, and every other Hasbro property, and the moment it stops selling merch is the moment it gets cancelled
>>
People act like they're walking into the Lion's Den when looking at MLP toys because in their heart they know it's wrong and goes against societal norms to even watch the show.
>>
>>29131758
atleast you didn't look like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KQ7bmbN8H8
>>
>>29131758
>i gained some self awareness when i was going around and buying the happy meal pony toys. i realized that what i was doing was autistic as fuck as it is, no amount of sidestepping or excuses would work. so i said fuck it, i don't give a shit, gimme dat pone.

I don't even care about that. I'm 27 years old, I literally do not give a fuck about what the black high school students who are serving me my meal care about the fact that I ordered a Happy Meal for myself, and yes, am eating it inside of the restaurant along with the other food I bought, then walking out with the toy in pocket

Nor do they care because they're busy doing a fuckin' job not eyeballing customers
>>
At first I was afraid but after years pass no one look at me strange because I'm at this age I can have 2-5 y old kid
>>
>>29126960
>it's another "American is too insecure to buy some toy" thread
Why do you fags keep making these?
>>
>>29132333
its fucking entertaining that's why.

lets get some more embarrassing stories. for boxing day.
>>
Here is some more, cringe may be too hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88bjD1R4yuc
>>
>>29126960
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.