[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heart of War: Thread 11- This One Goes To Eleven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 5

File: Armored Flurry 2.png (1MB, 3435x4260px) Image search: [Google]
Armored Flurry 2.png
1MB, 3435x4260px
Old Thread
>>28904659

Original prompt:
>"Captain Anon. Would you like to accompany me to the war room?"
230,000 words later:

Pastebins:
Prologue: http://pastebin.com/cdi26t7W
Act I: http://pastebin.com/f0SDaDcx
Act II: http://pastebin.com/nwmz5VLj
Act III: http://pastebin.com/Pt6gamRU
Act IV: http://pastebin.com/v0PM4m8b
Act V: http://pastebin.com/7acdy1Cn
Act VI: http://pastebin.com/rQQFmsR7
Act VII: http://pastebin.com/iiR3pTUL
Act VIII: http://pastebin.com/waQZwTEV
Act IX: http://pastebin.com/mfyytvay\
Act X (current): http://pastebin.com/WEGAUBkw

Heart of War spinoffs by LukeDaDuke:
http://pastebin.com/BWhVwcgx
http://pastebin.com/ipu9MwSf
>>
>>29101621
>You stand in a hallway aboard the Prydwen.
>”Oi.”
>You turn to see Corporal Call rushing towards you.
“What took you so long?”
>He reaches into a large pouch on his chest and pulls out a black sphere with a fuse coming from it.
>”Didn’t want to leave home without a couple.”
“Why did you wait so long to get equipped?”
>”I didn’t, it just took me ages to find my lighter.”
“Well let’s not waste any more time.”
>You’re each wearing similar armor.
>Metal plate, but light and somewhat sparsely covering your bodies so that you can still have full maneuverability while flying.
>You’ve got your sword and a dagger, while Call has the same.
>Plus grenades, a few knives attached around his body, and a short bow attached on his back.
>”Lead the way, Sir.”
>You nod to a crewman who starts to open a hatch.
>On the metal door, there is a bar that when turned retracts a locking bar on the bottom and top of the hatch.
>Once the crewman gets it free, he pulls it in towards himself, revealing the ocean on the horizon through the small door way.
>Taking a small run up, you jump through the hatch, going into a nosedive for a count of five before opening up your wings.
>You came out the stern of the ship, so you fly in a curve up and to your right.
>When you get above the airship, you start flying past its port side.
>A glance over the ship shows that Call did similarly, but went to the starboard side.
>Passing the metal hulk that you share the skies with, you see men in the three mortar pits on the top of the ship.
>They look to be prepping their equipment for battle.
>When you reach the bow of the ship, both you and call swoop inwards to meet up with each other.
>You take the lead, and he staggers his flight to take up a place begin you to the right.
>It shouldn’t be that long of a flight, so you won’t be switching positions to alternate who can slipstream.
>>
>>29118613
>…
>Getting some semblance of where you are, you sit up and start to rub your eyes with your hooves.
>You feel so weak.
>Like you would barely even be able to stand up.
>”Get in there and check on her.”
>You hear Lancer say.
>”And be ready for anything. It could be a trap.”
>You hear a cell wall slide open and close again.
>When it closes, you hear a magical hum as the dampening shield reasserts itself.
>”Sir?”
>You hear an unfamiliar voice say.
>”What is it soldier?”
>Lancer responds.
>”I can’t see.”
>You hear some hoofsteps then the unknown voice again:
>”I didn’t look away from the light quick enough, did I?”
>”Give it a minute or two, soldier.”
>You look up from your hooves and see Starlight’s horn shining pretty close to your face, her eyes look like they’re analyzing your head.
>Outside the cell, Lancer is waving a hoof in front of one of the face of one of the guards.
“Did i-“
>Starlight cuts you off as she turns to Lancer:
>”General, I don’t know how, but she’s clean.”
>”How?”
>”Well I just said that I don’t know how.”
>”Come take a look at this guy, see if there’s anything you can do to help his eyes.”
>”I’m not that kind of a doctor.”
Lancer sternly glares at Starlight.
>”But I could check.”
>Lancer opens the cell once again, and swaps positions with Starlight.
>He reaches down and helps you to stand.
>Your footing feels unsteady, but you don’t fall down.
>At least you don’t fall down yet.
“What… what happened?”
>”Your horn light up and you started to levitate in the cell, and then despite the dampening field, you let out a massive magical wave. It was blindingly bright. And you completely destroyed the pillow and blanket that was in there with you.”
“Is he going to be alright?”
>You ask while looking at the guard whom now has Starlight’s horn glowing in his face.
>Starlight then turns to you:
>>
>>29118617
>”I think that his sight should return slowly over a week or two.”
>”Your highness, it’s good that you awoke when you did.”
>You feel an incredible urge to-
“Hold that thought.”
>You quickly trot out of the cell and the room it’s contained in.
>And rush into the nearest bathroom.
>…
“Sorry about that.”
>You say to Lancer who waited outside of the bathroom.
>”Well it has been quite some time; none of the other Princesses have relieved themselves either since being locked up. Same with eating.”
>At the mention of that word, your stomach growls.
>Extremely loudly.
>And your mouth feels incredibly dry.
>”Princess, you need-“
“Water. I need water.”
>…
>In the kitchen, you stand in front of a larder, devouring anything that can be eaten raw.
>You pause to take a long swig of water from a jug.
>Which is empty by the time you finish the gulp.
>Then you set down the half-eaten loaf of bread as you see a server taking a pair of platters of cupcakes out of the kitchen.
>You took one.
>A platter that is.
>And begin digging in.
>You had no idea you could eat this fast.
>A minute later (and halfway through the cupcakes), Lancer speaks again:
>”Your highness, we really don’t have the time.”
“Hold that thought.”
>You look around the kitchen.
>After going through shelves, you eventually find it.
>A bar of chocolate.
>You begin to unwrap it.
“Alright, what?”
>”Well, you’ve been out of the public’s eye for quite some time. And given that you’re in power due to what is ultimately a military coup, some think that you’ve been deposed entirely and that the army has taken full control.”
“And?”
>You say as you down the last of the bar of chocolate.
>”There’s a mob outside the palace right now.”
>You throw the wrapper away.
“Why didn’t you say something!”
>Lancer looks just about ready to snap.
>The thousand yard stare tells you that.
“I’m joking, I need to get to a balcony. How’s my hair?”
>>
>>29118621
More coming tomorrow
>>
but what about discord
>>
>>29118621
She wakes up from a coma and starts joking, she's Anon's little soldier alright!
>>
>>29118868
His physical form is dead but he's like a soul occupying a vessel Supernatural style with Anon, which is slowly undoing him.
>>
Ahh, that new thread smell
>>
>>29119655
Basically this, only difference really is in supernatural whatever's occupying a vessel, demon or angel is in the drivers seat, but with this, anons still in the drivers seat with discord floating around in his head.
>>
>>29120310
Love the smell of new thread

The smell of new thread smells like...

Fresh Green
>>
>>29121844
Merry Christmas everyone
>>
merry xmas all! May your holiday be great and alcohol go down smooth
>>
>9
>>
Been a busy Christmas Eve with extended family. I might get an update or two out before collapsing, I might not. Either way, I promise that after football tomorrow I'll try to get some green for the thread.
>>29119655
>>29121287
It's much more openly referencing something else (that is much more obscure).

Assuming that Discord is telling the truth, then it's less his soul popped into Anon, and more that his soul/spirit/mind/consciousness/whatever you want to call it, got fractured into two: one staying in his own body, the other popping into Anon.
>>
>>29123749
Rocked a solid buzz most of the day, coming off of it now.

Cheers anons
>>
>>29120310
>>
>>29125193

T. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>29118611
>>
>>
>>29125622
Who?
>>
>>29126959
>>
>>29127877
>>
Merry Christmas friends. I'll be heavily drinking starting now, so nothing tonight, I'll make it up to you guys tomorrow.

Hope all of you enjoy the holidays.
>>
File: 1451879209299.jpg (75KB, 589x504px) Image search: [Google]
1451879209299.jpg
75KB, 589x504px
>>29129484
Enjoy your holiday TG!
>>
>>29129484
Do a shot for me thing
>>
File: Me Right Now.jpg (72KB, 589x504px) Image search: [Google]
Me Right Now.jpg
72KB, 589x504px
>>29130569
>>
File: WE.png (357KB, 397x402px) Image search: [Google]
WE.png
357KB, 397x402px
>>29127107
>>
>>29132095
WE
>>
>>29132105
WUZ
>>
>>29132189
KANGZ
>>
>>29131889
Audible kek
>>
>9
>>
Well, alcoholism has been sated for a while.

I'll be back later this afternoon. Whiskey always does nasty things to me, and I had a lot. I can chug vodka and be completely fine (maybe a bit drowsy) the next morning, but family consensus was for whiskey. Let aspirin and time do it's job, I'll be back once my hangover is mostly gone.
>>29130569
Thank ya kindly
>>29131484
I absolutely did
>>29131889
love you too buddy
>>
>>29133611
>>
>>29134826
>>
>>29135426
>>
she doesn't wear the hat just right
>>
>>29134268
The days off ruined my writing rhythm, this is all I got done in a couple hours. I'm going to break for a bit and try again.
>>29136754
?
>>29118621
>...
>You continue to fly low over the ocean.
>The waves below you roll by quickly, but you don’t need to stop to admire the deep blue with a hint of azure.
>The Saddle Arabian coast is actually quite beautiful; it was quite the tourist destination before the wars.
>The youngest Equestrians that have positive memories of the area would be adults in their twenties.
>The children at the time of the first war are now the adults facing the coming ones.
>Your generation.
The youngest Equestrians that have positive memories of the area from their adulthood are middle-aged; it’s been over a generation since any Equestrian civilian could visit the area without fearing for their lives.
>The only time you’ve seen the country was during the Second Coast War.
>Many of the shores have pretty clear water.
>Water that turns a solid diluted red when enough ponies die in the shallows.
>The blood on the sand isn’t much better.
>Back in the war, you remember an older officer, in his late forties or early fifties.
>You can’t remember much about him, but you do remember one thing he said before charging into battle.
>’The coast is a paradise in peace, and a hell in war. Do you want to die in a hell?’
>To which the unit responded with a resounding:
>’No Sir!’
>Your officer followed it with:
>’Well eventually we all either go to one or the other, make sure that this isn’t your day!’
>He then turned to lead the charge personally.
>Right as he turned, he caught an arrow to the face and died instantly.
>That’s your first memory in Saddle Arabia.
>Serving under somepony for all of thirty seconds.
>What was his name?
>Colonel Hoofton, or something similar.
>It was only a few years ago, but that feels like a lifetime.
>>
>>29136805
>Using "quite," a word that rarely adds any actual value to a sentence and is generally unnecessary, twice in a sentence.
I'm a nitpicking writefags who left his name blank. If a sentence like that is the result of alcohol, please sober up before writing. Only durnk writes good while intoxicated.
>>
>>29137742
Technically speaking, it's separated by a semicolon, indicating that they work on their own as separate sentences.

>The Saddle Arabian coast is actually quite beautiful
refers to an opinion based on current observation
quite= I think this is neat
>It was quite the tourist destination before the wars
refers to hearsay and reputation
quite= some say...

I agree that it can be a vague word when used in critical writing, where the author is attempting to create a work of art with word choice, but in greentext (at least in this story), green lines are observations through the senses and minds of an individual.

While Anon might chew scenery more, the current PoV (Thunder) is not particularly educated- he was just a soldier that was in the right(or wrong) place at the right (or wrong) time and is now in over his pay grade. In show terms, if green (non dialogue) lines are the PoV's thoughts and observations, then you wouldn't expect the bits from Applejack to read the same as Twilight's.

Of course greentext can take first or third person format. If the story was in third person, then it should remain consistent from a writing perspective, but it's in the first person:

>Anon sees through the eyes of a grizzled veteran who's aging and tired of all the fighting.
His sections feature the most straight dialogue, because he filters out stuff he now sees as 'unnecessary' in a conversation (less observations after every other spoken line)
>Flurry sees things as a young civilian, who's grown up as something of an armchair general.
Her sections feature the most internal analysis, because she's young and lacks the immense experience to be completely sure of her actions
>Thunder is more of an everyman, just doing his job and worrying about his family while getting swept up with events as they happen.
His sections feature much more on what others (Lancer and company) do, because he's a soldier taking orders and respecting the experience that the generals are impart.
>>
>>29137869
>>29137742
TLDR: I switched it to:
>The Saddle Arabian coast is actually rather beautiful; they say it was quite the tourist destination before the wars.

>The result of alcohol
Right now I'm completely sober
>>
>>29136805
>Call nudges you.
>”Old memories?”
“How’d you know?”
>”The look in your eyes… also because you slowed down considerably.”
“You see that up ahead?”
>”What’s the appropriate term? Land ho?”
>His accent made that come out almost as: ‘ando.
>But he’s right.
>The port city of Jun Hisan.
“Come on, just a bit further.”
>As you make the final approach, the city properly comes into view.
>You took the time to read up and get briefed about where you’ll be fighting.
>The first thing you can easily make out is the cliff.
>According to the maps, the city is roughly triangular, with one side facing the land and the other two jutting out into the ocean.
>Keeping with the triangle analogy, the point that sticks out into the water is inclined, leading to a fifty foot high cliff right at the peak.
>The cliff remains at its highest for roughly two hundred feet on each side of the corner.
>And right at that corner lays a massive lighthouse, one of the tallest in the world.
>It adds two hundred and fifty more feet to the cliff it stands upon.
>From the lighthouse, the city extends for over five miles hugging the coast one each side.
>And that’s only the city proper.
>The region gets a lot of rain from the ocean breeze taking the excess clouds in southeastern Equestria from the weather factory at Cloudsdale.
>When combined with natural rain coming in from the ocean, it makes this region the lushest land in Saddle Arabia other than what’s found around major rivers.
>The locals made use of it, and for miles out of the city, farmland dominates the terrain.
>But get a couple dozen miles away, after the last of the Cloudsdale rain has all most certainly fallen, and scrubland dominates the terrain.
>Slowly leading into the Saddle Arabian desert.
>>
>>29137878
>Censuses before the wars started put the population of the city proper as around a hundred thousand, with another hundred thousand in the farmland outside the city.
>However because it’s the closest real city to Equestria, it got hit in both of the Coast Wars.
>In the first, both sides respected the civilian’s, and by the time the Royal Navy closed in to secure waters for the invasion, the Saddle Arabian King had evacuated over ninety percent of the non-combatants.
>But in the second one, the nationalists didn’t even evacuate the city.
>They forced the civilians to remain, in order to “improve” the moral of the defending troops.
>There are even stories where civilians tried to escape, but the nationalists had their troops cut down any who approached the gates- be it an Equestrian solider OR one of their own people.
>It used to be one of- if not THE- most prosperous city in Saddle Arabia.
>The docks run for ten miles: from one end of the wall, all the way around the lighthouse, and down to the other end of the wall.
>But after two battles, and years of trade being cut off…
>Well, it’s safe to say that the city is past its prime.
>>
More tomorrow
>>29137880
>The docks currently are rather barren.
>Although pretty much the ENTIRE Saddle Arabian fleet is present, they barely take up a tenth of the dock space.
>And the majority of those ships are only galleys and dhows, probably repurposed fishing ships.
>There are only five or six dozen proper warships.
>Still a massive fleet that outnumbers the current Royal Navy, but ships can only do so much against a land invasion.
>The Mushir has around two hundred thousand soldiers packed into the city.
>But the vast majority of those are the survivors of the recent invasion into Equestira.
>And the quarter of them that survived Baltimare are the most experienced soldiers Saddle Arabia has.
>Then there are the zebra warriors who haven’t been able to return home because of the Civil War.
>They add twenty-five or thirty thousand more.
>Against a force of well over a million- literally every male Saddle Arabian male that can pick up a weapon, and some who can’t.
>Yesterday’s enemies are today’s allies.
>What’s next, having to go rescue the griffons?
>>
>wake up early this morning
>tfw gf broke up with me yesterday
>tfw Christmas holiday is over and heading back to wageslavery
>check thread
>fresh green!
>day has been made.jpg
>>
>9
>>
>>29098872
>"Hey Captain, there's another one over here."
>"Bring it to the pile. I want them buried as quick as possible so we can move out."
>The grey coated stallion who worked the mini-canon briskly walks around the cart to where the dead bloodhound lies.
>"Alright dog, you're not gonna bite me are ya?"
>Bending down he puts his ear just above her body waiting for a response.
>"No? Perfect! You're such a good dog. Yes you are."
>Whistling a little tune, he lifts her carcass over his back.
>"Whoa, heavier than you look."
>Turning around he sees you sitting against the cart.
>"Um...hello."
"Hi."
>You both blankly stare at each other for what seems like an eternity until a voice calls from the clearing.
>"Powder what's taking so long? Alto could use your help with the big guy."
>"R-right, coming Captain. Can you wait here for a sec?"
"You look like you could use some help."
>"Sure, old flea bag is kinda heavy."
"Don't call her that! She's been through enough."
>As you both carry her into the clearing, you get a full view of the carnage.
>The shepard and St. Bernard are lying atop one another.
>Underneath them lay another but you can't fully make out which one it is.
>Their bodies are riddled with holes from the shrapnel.
>Next to them the great vizsla lies motionless with his midsection torn cutting him in two.
>The grey unicorn is trying to move one of the halves with little success.
>Laying down, the large brown coated earth pony is being tended to by the black unicorn and a light green pegasus.
>"You see that big one? Hit him dead on with Martha. Should'a seen it. Pissed off Gumbo a'bunch since I blew away his dance partner...and kinda made him blind, but he'll be fine. That's what Minty says. Anyway-"
"Please. Just stop."
>"What's a matter with you huh? We save your life and instead of a 'thank you' I get a 'please shut the buck up'."
"I wasn't their prisoner you daft nag! They were helping me!"
>>
>>29138871
>10
>>
>>29138871
>>
>>29141389
>>
>>29142149
>>
Bumperino
>>
>>29137889
>…
>You continue to walk down the hallway with Lancer.
>While on the way to a balcony overlooking the city, you hear a voice call out from around a corner:
>”Lancer there you are. Now I’ve got men ready in case the mob gets violent. It won’t be pretty but-“
>Brigadier Offense stops in his tracks as he sees you.
>”Sir, is she?”
>”It’s alright, she’s clean.”
>”Sorry your highness, I just didn’t expect you to be… here.”
“It’s okay; I’m just as surprised as you are.”
>”So you’ll be talking to them?”
>Offense asks you.
“Yes, you can have your men stand down.”
>”Of course.”
>He turns away, but stops himself.
>”It’s good to see you up Princess.”
“Thank you General.”
>You resume moving down the hallway with Lancer.
“So what did I miss?”
>”Anonymous has gone to the East.”
>You remember that vaguely.
>He was going to find a way to free you from the parasite that was in your head.
“At least he can still rescue Celestia, Luna, and my mother.”
>”Honestly I’m not sure if he would have gone if your own life wasn’t at stake.”
“What else.”
>”There’s a civil war in Saddle Arabia; we’re backing the semi-decent faction.”
“Define ‘backing’ for me.”
>”A single airship and a covert operation that we can bring you up to speed with properly once we’re done here.
“Only one airship?”
>”But it’s quite the ship.”
“Next.”
>”We may have… killed Discord.”
>You stop dead in your tracks.
>Discord…
>Dead?
“What?”
>”He was falling back on his old ways. Starlight tried to simply turn him to stone, but apparently she used a bit too much power.”
“Can Discord even die?”
>”Apparently.”
“Who else did you kill while I was out?”
>You say half-jokingly.
>>
>>29143322
by the way, nice double dubs
>>29143835
>”Well right before you were locked up, Anon led a strike against the MID’s headquarters. The Director was replaced by a changeling queen. He killed both the queen and the Director, and the information we found let us thoroughly bring down the organization, both those replaced by changelings and those not.”
“They were the ones who started all of this…”
>”It’s just about all over for us. The griffons, minotaurs, and yaks are all officially done with the war. The dogs… well the dogs are just as insignificant as always. The MID are either dead, on the run, or imprisoned. Celestia’s wartime measures and prison camps have all been abolished; the loyalist soldiers to Celestia are in PoW camps. If the faction we back in the Saddle Arabian Civil War wins, then they’ve promised peace. Aside from some civilians demanding proof that the military hasn’t gotten rid of you, I’d dare to say Equestira is at peace. Real peace this time.”
“Peace…”
>”It’s a strange sounding word to me as well. But the War of the Coalition has proven that Equestria is not to be tested, and that the rest of the world is just as tired of the fighting as much as we are.”
>You continue to make you way to the balcony.
“The War of the Coalition?”
>”Well we couldn’t just keep calling it ‘The War,’ no could we?”
“But ‘The War of the Coalition’, really?”
>”You’ll have to wait to yell at Major Thunder if you don’t like the name.”
>You would have called it the Great War.
“Well I might just do that.”
>>
>>29143837
>”Well, here we are.”
>Outside you can hear a repeated chant:
>’What do we want?’
>’A Princess!’
>’When do we want her?’
>’Now!’
>Lancer speaks as you wait idly by the door.
>”Are you waiting for something?”
“Timing.”
>’What do we want?’
>’A Princess!’
>’When do we want her?’
>You open up the door, still out of the crowd’s view.
>’NOW!’
>You slip out the door onto the balcony.
“Hel-lo ponies.”
>You say in a singsong tone.
>There is dead silence after you speak, only the wind from how high up you are.
>Looking down, you see thousands of civilians below, just outside the bounds of the Royal Palace.
“Well what do you want now?”
>You hear some scattered murmurs from the crowd.
>As you look down, you’re so far away that you can’t properly make out any individuals.
>The wall that runs along the cliff is much closer to them.
>As you begin to stretch out your wings, you hear Lancer speak to you from the hallway.
>”Ma’am, you shouldn’t.”
“But I will.”
>”They were just about ready to riot!”
“Princess outranks General.”
>So, like a teenager sneaking out to meet with friends after curfew, you fly down to get closer to the ponies below.
>After all, what’s he going to do?
>It’s not like he can ground you.
>When you set down on the wall, you sit on a parapet of a bastion facing towards the city.
>Below, you’re only thirty or so feet from the ponies now.
“That’s much better. I hope you can all still hear!”
>You can make out a slight echo, so you think your voice will carry over enough of the crowd.
“So, what’s the big issue you’re all here to protest about?”
>Nopony gives a clear answer to you, but you hear some whispers of ‘the military.’
>>
>>29143841
>After a sigh, you take a wide look around the crowd.
>Putting faces to the entity.
>It isn’t just some impersonal mass; it’s made up of ACTUAL people.
“Well I suppose that you’re right. I haven’t been seen around much lately.”
>You pause slightly to let the though simmer.
>If you learned one thing from the ‘princess’ lessons you dreaded as a child, timing can be everything.
“I’ll be honest; all of this is new to me. Nothing can really prepare you to lead a nation. Am I in over my head? Maybe… but I’m trying, and giving it my all.”
>You can’t really tell them why you’ve been MIA for a while.
>The whole ‘taken over by a parasite’ thing probably won’t fly.
“I’ve been tied up with matters of state, administration, and bureaucracy. By focusing so much on figuring out how to rule on paper, I’ve been ignoring one of the principal aspects of ruling in practice: you.”
>Knock yourself down, to build yourself up.
“I haven’t been letting you all know that I AM here for you. I can’t make up for my absence from the public’s eye, but I can put your fears to rest.”
>An answer, followed with another admission.
“This isn’t some military dictatorship. If anything, it’s a return to how things used to be. Now, yes, I lack practical experience, and yes, my advisors are generals and admirals. But every decision made is for the benefit of each and every pony in Equestria, and I’m making those decisions for you, not for the military.”
>Now go in for the kill.
“And even then, the military isn’t working against the people. Look at what the army has done: rebuilt roads and cities, brought employment to thousands of ponies, kept our people safe from those who want to harm us, and- dare I say- even brought peace.”
>But there’s always a ‘but’.
>>
More tomorrow
>>29143844
“But, let’s look at what the military HASN’T done. The military hasn’t put innocents in work camps. The military doesn’t enforce authority with a secret police. The military doesn’t imprison you for voicing an opinion. The military hasn’t nationalized industry. And the military didn’t blow up a quarter of its own capitol.”
>However, those statements still hurt the establishment, because it was still a Princess who did all of those things.
“This system that we have: the relationship between a Princess and her people. It’s worked for over a thousand years- a thousand good years. A few bad years don’t outweigh a millennium of prosperity. A few bad years aren’t justification to tearing down everything and starting from scratch. The past few years have been bad, terrible even, but I think they’ve allowed us to look at everything from a more objective point of view.”
>And bring it home.
“It was a rude awakening, but I think we can all appreciate the ideals of Equestria. And ideals are precisely what are necessary in trying times. Our generosity and compassion to one another. Our kindness to those around us. Coming together in laughter. The honesty to be open with one another. All tied together with loyalty and camaraderie. My Aunt used to say that’s the magic that makes Equestria such an amazing place. We can’t give up on that. We can’t renounce our friends and family. We can’t let go of our communities and our sense of unity. We can’t just abandon the spirit that makes Equestria, Equestria.”
>And the cherry on top.
“We are all in this together, as one people and one nation. And while I can only speak for myself, I think that’s something worth striving for.”
>>
>>29143848
Thanks
>>
>>29143848
Yay! Little Flurry is back!
>>
>9
>>
>>29144855
>>
>>29143848
H, if she did admit the parasite I was thinking her overcoming it would make a decent anecdote for this speech, but it was thrilling anyways.
>>
>>29139467
>Your outburst attracted the attention of the whole squad.
>All looked in your direction except for the large earth pony blindfolded and the black unicorn tending to him.
>The unicorn plants her bow and aims it at you.
>"Powder. Step away from the Arab."
>"That's awfully rude Alto, show my new friend here some respect."
"We're not friends. I just want to see these dogs properly buried like you said they would be."
>"Companion then."
"No."
>"Acquaintance it is."
>"Powder!"
>The black unicorn addresses the two without looking.
>"Viola stand down, if he was hostile he most likely would've tried something already."
"Viola? That name sounds oddly familiar."
>The blindfolded behemoth bellows out.
>"Deadshot over there won silver in the last Crystal Games."
>"Would of got gold if it weren't for that dumb donkey."
>"Oh please, we all saw what happened. You just choked from the pressure. Happens to us all."
>"HOW ABOUT I SHOVE AN ARROW DOWN YOUR THROAT! THEN WE'LL SEE WHO'S CHOKING!"
>"VIOLA!"
>"Sorry Captain. So who exactly are you?"
"Flash Sentry. Former Commander of the Crystal Imperial Guard."
>The black unicorn burst into a fit of laughter.
>"Flash Sentry is dead. Died along with Blueblood in the frozen mountains of Yakyakistan."
"Only him, I escaped!"
>As he finally turns to look at you, his ecstatic face turns to a sour surprise.
>"Well I'll be a dirty donkey, where are your wings?"
"Had them removed, holding me back. By the way, you all wouldn't have happened to find a mare lying around here would you?"
>The pegasus speaks up.
>"I did my best to mend the wounds, but she needs to be in a triage tent as soon as possible."
"Perfect, if you would direct me to where she is, I will be on my way to-"
>"Oh no no no no Flash, you are staying right here. Me and you have some business to take care of."
>>
>>29146542
"Business, I don't even know you!"
>He pays no attention to your protest.
>"Alto, remember that 'thing' we talked about before leaving base?"
>Her demeanor changed instantaneously from stern to almost frightened.
>"Sir? I don't think now would be the appropriate time. W-we have our supplies b-back. We can just continue with the original-"
>"Alto,"
>His voice turns somehow more serious than what is already was.
>"This, is an order."
>"Y-yes Sir."
>The earth pony beside you gives a small chuckle.
>"Are you just now going to tell us you two have the hots for one another? We've known ever since we were all shipped together from basic-"
>An arrow pierces through his right eye and lodges out the back of his skull.
>"-training."
>He falls forward into a crater made by his canon, in effect the dead mother falls atop him.
>"Powder! Alto what are you AHHHHH!"
>An arrow lodges into the green pegasus's wing causing her to fall to the ground.
>Landing behind the vizsla's corpse she momentarily catches her breath.
>"Hold Viola, take care of Treehugger, Noel's mine."
>As she pulls back on the bow, you hear the blind horse vainly plea.
>"Alto, listen. I-I didn't mean nothing with all those comments. You know I was just playing around like I always do? R-right?"
>"Orders are orders Gumbo, sorry."
>"Not like this! I-I was supposed to die a hero on the field! Not blindfolded and shot like a bucking criminal!"
>With a tear rolling down her cheek she releases the string.
>It lands dead center between his eyes.
>"Captain, he's gone."
>"Well done Viola."
>As the pegasus struggled through the pain, the unicorn briskly trots towards her.
>"S-stay back!"
>She feebly pulls out a short dagger.
>It looks dull.
>Almost like it's the first time that blade has seen light in years.
>"Oh so you pull a weapon on your Captain, but not on an actual enemy? What was your motto again? Oh right..."
>You watch stunned to see his head morph into an exact replica of the mares.
>>
>>29147295
Damn changeling bastard
>>
>>29147295
>"'I'll carry your books, I'll carry your meds, I'll carry a torch, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, cash-and-carry, I'll even 'hari-kari' if you show me how, but I will not carry a sword.' Did I get that right?"
>She stares back petrified with fear.
>"W-what are-?"
>"Captain? Is everything alright?"
>"Of course Alto, just finishing up."
>He easily knocks away the short dagger and plunges his sword into her throat.
>Wiping away the blood he sheathes it and reforms to his 'normal' state.
>Walking around the dead carcass of the vizsula, his transformation completes just in time before the grey coated unicorn can see his form.
>"Captain, what's the problem? Why give the order of abandonment? We could've easily completed it in our current situation. Have we been compromised?"
>"In a way."
>"Does it have to do with him?"
>She motions a hoof in your direction.
>"Yes."
>"But why? We didn't have to neutralize them, Canterlot is already lost. Maybe we could have integrated them into the-"
>"Viola, hush."
>He puts a hoof to her lips.
>"You trust me don't you?"
>"Yes. I do."
>"And I trust you to follow order given."
>"I know it's just, we have been with them so long and-"
>"I know it's hard, but it's for the greater good. Come here."
>He wraps his hooves around her consolingly.
>"Thank you Coal Trane I don't know how I could have...could have...*cough* cough*..."
>Viola starts collapsing to the ground while 'Captain Coal' stands over her body.
>He lifts her head slightly and looks deep inter her eyes.
>Opening his jaw, a cloud of black smoke escapes Violas mouth and enters into his own.
>The more the cloud leaves body you could see the life draining from her eyes.
>With one final exhale, the last bit of cloud escapes and she drops to the floor lifeless.
>"Delicious. It's been so, so long."
>He turns to you wiping away saliva from his jawline.
>>
>>29148454
>>
>>29148549
Ok...not a damn changeling bastard?
>>
believe it or not this is a bump
>>
>>29149485
Yes it is. It's just comics version changeling.
>>
>>29150745
I really need to read the comics
>>
>>29151399
They are a good read.
Especially during hiatus times.
>>
Eh
>>
>>29152182
I've only read a few of them, might look into the rest.
Bump from 9
>>
>>29149485
I really enjoyed and inspired from this visual since you don't actually see them 'feed' in the show.
>>
>>29153819
That's....dark
>>
>>29153868
I know, it's amazing right? Don't you love it?

But the real thing that I like about the comics are all the references. It's kind of like an I Spy game.

In the most recent one they have a reference to Citizen Kane.

Citizen fuckingKane.

Who thinks of this stuff?
>>
>>29153913
Im gunna dig these up when i get home. New mission: read the comics
>>
>>29154087
I always went here to read comics when I had time.

http://readcomiconline.to/
>>
>>29154233
Thanks...I'll check that out
>>
>>29153913
>It's amazing right?
>amazing
>getting a hard on seeing death
I think I am starting to understand what type of person you are.
>>
>>29143848
>…
“Not bad for complete improvisation, eh General?”
>”You didn’t have to jump down to shake hooves when the speech finished.”
“What can I say; I care about the hearts and minds.”
>”Are you just trying to prepare me for when my daughter reaches her teen years?”
“General Lancer, I’ll have you know that I am a completely responsible adult.”
>”I’ll have to take your word on that.”
>Walking through the Palace hallways, you eventually come to a doorway, which you open with your horn.
>”Now General-“
>You are cut off as you walk straight into the closed door.
>And you could swear that the General just held in a laugh.
>What just happened?
>You went through all of the motions of opening a door using magic.
>Looking at the door, you attempt to open it again.
>But it stays closed.
>”Is there a problem?”
>Reaching forward with your hoof, you are able to open the door easily.
“Hold on a second.”
>You continue through the hallway until you come to a bathroom.
>Again you have to use the door without use of magic.
>With the door closed behind you, you rush over to the sink.
>You open up the cold water tap, and watch as water comes out.
>Then close it again.
>The tap is working fine.
>Going through the mental motions of turning the tap with your magic, nothing occurs.
>You look at your reflection as you attempt to do it again.
>No magical aura can even be seen around your horn.
>This is something you’ve been able to do since you were five…
>Okay… something is definitely wrong.
>Observation of the year right there, Flurry.
>Backing away from the sink, you slip out of the bathroom.
“Lancer, I need to see Starlight. Right now.”
>>
>>29157058
>…
>You slow down on the approach to the lighthouse.
>It should be right next to the administration capitol of the city.
>The Mushir and his command staff should be there.
>Call gets your attention with a quick ‘Oi!’
>”You know, Jun Hisan translates roughly to ‘Horse Bay.’ Quality naming brought to you straight from the Saddle Arabians.”
“Wait.”
>You pause in the air and Call stops with you.
“Really?”
>”You’d be amazed how many they’ve named after sand. After translation, there’s Sand City, Sand Town, Sand Village, New Sand City, North Sand Town, and Sand Commune.”
“Sand Commune?”
>”I’m making that one up, but I swear on my mum that the others are all real.”
“Why all the sandy names?”
>”We’re not much better. FILLYdelphia. MANEhattan. BaltiMARE. VanHOOVER.”
“Alright, alright, I get it.”
>Surveying the large building that is set back from the light house, you see a large courtyard that faces towards the city.
>The courtyard makes the building form a large U shape facing the city.
>On the side of the courtyard that overlooks the city, you can see banners standing.
>A white field with a pair of golden scimitars over a golden round shield.
>At the base of the largest banners, there are desks and tents set up with many Saddle Arabians shuffling into and away from them.
“I think that’s where our man is.”
>”After you Major.”
>Call motions with an arm to go ahead of him.
>”I want more time to run if they decide to change their minds.”
“Your confidence continues to astound me, Corporal.”
>>
>>29157062
>…
>”Anonymous, thank you for joining me.”
>Tiara says as you enter her cabin.
>”You know, if I recall correctly, she was a complete spoiled brat as a young foal.”
>You glare at Discord who is now pacing around her.
>”Fine, I’ll be quiet.”
>No one else being able to see him has already gotten old.
>You intensify your glare as Tiara messes around with a map on her table.
>Discord looks around.
>”What? Is there something in my teeth?”
>He relents, as you see him hunch over slightly.
>”Fine, I’ll go back.”
>He snaps his fingers and disappears.
>He’s still watching everything through your eyes, but you’ll take what you can get from him.
“So where are we?”
>You ask Tiara as you approach the table.
>”In my cabin.”
>She says tilting her head to face yours, a smug smile on her face.
>She’s as bad as Flurry.
“What’s the issue?”
>”Well, we have a decision ahead of us.”
“What kind?”
>”We’re still on course, and from our approach there are two basic paths we can take to continue east.”
>You watch as she motions to the map.
>”If we swing south, we can make for rocky waters. Jagged outcroppings will pepper our path, and it’s likely that the ship might get damaged. But if we take things slowly enough, we shouldn’t have any issues and we should get out of it in a week or two.”
“If that’s what you start with, you really must not like the alternative.”
>”If we continue north, well it says it plainly on the map.”
>>
>>29157064
>Her hoof beckons to a ‘here there be monsters’ written in the ocean.
>Underneath it is a little drawing of a sea serpent spitting fire.
“Define ‘monsters’ for me.”
>”Take your pick. Dozens of different sea creatures have been reported in eastern waters. Some have more of a base in reality than others, but the basic idea is a real threat. This patch of ocean we’re approaching is where there is the reports come in highest volume and variety. If sailors have ever feared something from beneath the waves, it’s been seen in that area at least once.”
“And here I was hoping I wouldn’t have to choose between Scylla and Charybdis.”
>”What?”
“Keep going north.”
>”You want to decide that quickly?”
“I can’t kill rocks in our path.”
>”Are you sure? It’s estimated that anywhere between a quarter to a half of all ships that aren’t heard from again are lost in that area.”
“Wait, if they aren’t heard from again, then how do you know they’re lost in that area?”
>”When ninety percent of ships going through have at least one story of being attacked by a sea monster there, it isn’t that hard to put two and two together. They call the region the ‘Lake of Tartarus’ because of how many attacks there have been. Almost all of the ships that have decided to turn back before reaching the East proper, have turned around after a few days in the Lake.”
>>
>>29157073
Alright, that's it for the night.

But, I'll throw this to CYOA for shits and giggles.

Does anon A) continue north, taking the quicker route that's plagued with sea monsters.

OR

Does he B) take it slower and go south, taking less of a risk with rocky waters.

Option A has more action, while Option B has more scenes to dedicate to bonding with Discord.

But remember, choices have consequences.

And character's lives might hang in the balance
>>
>>29157096
As much as I would like to see some action I think sailing right through Cthulhu sea is a retarded idea. I would go south. The amount of extra time Anon would spend going south is pretty negligible desu. I don't think it would have much of an effect on whether he can complete his mission in time or not. I know Anon is pretty good at killing shit, but I don't think you can say the same about some of the others on board. Not worth the risk. Thats just my opinion though
>>
>>29157096
I would go with B. I think the crew's safety should come first. We allready lost them all once and it would be a shame for someone to die
>>
>>29157096
A.
Faster the better.

More 'bonding time' with Discord is just time wasted.
The faster he gets the job done the better that way he can make it back, hopefully piece statue Discord together, and clear his brain from the unwanted tenant that is slowly killing him.
>>
>10
>>
>>29157096
A obviously, doesn't spending more time with discord decrease lifespan?
>>
>>29158922
>>
>>29158922
>>
>>29159996
>>
>>29157096
I'd like to see B more.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.