[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong, /mlp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

File: download.jpg (19KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
19KB, 300x168px
What went wrong, /mlp/?
>>
Twilight had wings.
>>
>>29115626
I thought it was pretty great.
>>
>>29115626
>Trixie was more important than the CMC
That's it. That's what was wrong.
>>
>>29115626
There are no friendship lessons anymore and nothing has replaced them. The show just goes on aimlessly.
>>
>>29115626
Starlight Glimmer: The season
>>
>>29115644
Were friendship lessons really what gave the show direction though? I mean sure, they were the "official reason" for twilight to be in ponyville, but now that she is a princess, she goes where she pleases. It doesn't seem so terribly different to me.
>>
>>29115726
Wrong reply, meant for >>29115655
>>
File: these two fuckers.jpg (47KB, 465x305px) Image search: [Google]
these two fuckers.jpg
47KB, 465x305px
>>29115626
>>
File: cap to the failscue.jpg (222KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cap to the failscue.jpg
222KB, 1280x720px
>>29115626
>>
>>
>>29115726
They weren't crucial to the show, but it was nice having them as part of the format.
>>
>>29115644
Good fuck the cmc
Watching people obsess over something they knew dam well was coming eventualy was really fucking cringy (scootaloo herself even aluded to such) and that stupid shared destiny extra special special talent crap was even more so.
They were only ever good when dealing with ancillary aspects of there life
>>
File: found the problem.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
found the problem.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>29115626
you posting a thumbnail for starters, but I was able to identify the problem, and it's even IN your picture!
>>
>>29116115
Also why am i not suprised a cmcfag thinks they need to be major characters

The trxiefags never wanted more then an episode the extra focus was just a nice Bonus to them
>>
>>29115644
Discord, Trixie and Starlight were more important than Twilight and mane6 entire season.
>>
>"explore equestria"
>manehattan episodes
>>
>>29116288
If you don't think they've been major characters from seasons 1-5, especially in season 5, you weren't paying attention. They got a lot of attention, while Trixie only got two episodes. CMC are on the level of Spike. Or they were, before this shitty season.
>>
>>29116459
They fulfilled their purpose. Speaking of which, they actually made Spike decent in S6.
>>
>>29116468
None of their season 4 episodes were about trying to get their cutie marks, and off the top of my head, season 5 had two AB-focused episodes not about trying to get a mark before, getting it, and was always allowed to take part in Apple family episodes without talking about cutie marks.

Seasons 4 and 5 made them into deep individualistic characters, so it's pretty dumb and shitty for anyone up there to decide "well, we're done with them. They can't show up anymore!" after that. I didn't even really like them until season 4, and was more invested in their personal development than their marks, so this was nothing near a satisfying ending and I don't see why it should be. They're still growing characters, usually only getting better with their increasingly rare appearances, and I don't see why they were excluded from a lot of things they were excluded from.

Good for Spike, though. I mean it. If Spike was my favorite, I'm sure I would have loved this season instead of season 5.
>>
>>29116468
>Speaking of which, they actually made Spike a lazy & convenient plot device in S6.

Fixed.
>>
>>29116522
I love Spike so was upset with S5.

>>29116524
He worked together with Ember, proved he wasn't perfect with Thorax, and told the truth to Discord. He actually went beyond having everything fall in his lap and was challenged.
>>
>>29116543
In other words, Spike was only there because he was needed to advance the plot.

Yeah, fuck season 06, wake me up once Spike could have great episodes where he is NOT used as a plot crutch and when whatever developement he gets sticks around instead of being tossed off the window like during Throrax episode or during the finale, where his bond with Ember and a whole fucking dragon army was ignored so Gleem Glaam could save the day and make Haber feel so fucking important.
>>
>>29115626

Twilight had wings
Twilight had a castle
A princess baby was born
>>
>>29115644

Wtf, I love season 6 now
No kidding, I hate those obnoxious brats, why dont they get murdered like DT
>>
>>29116562
Glimmer had never met Ember though. Then again she didn't know Discord...
>>
>>29116543
>I love Spike so was upset with S5.
Right, and that makes perfect sense to me. I'd wonder why I need to explain myself for disliking a season that treats my favorite characters notably badly, but maybe I should just say it like that instead of typing all this shit out.
>>
>Explore Equestria

List of the locations in which the episode takes place in order:
>Crystal Empire
>Manehattan
>Ponyville
>Dragonlands
>Ponyville
>Wonderbolt Academy
>Pony Landan
>Manehattan
>Ponyville
>Ponyville
>Canterlot
>Temple of Chicomoztoc
>Ponyville
>Ponyville
>Crystal Empire
>Game World
>Appleloosa
>Ponyville
>Las Pegasus
>Ponyville
>Seaward Shoals
>Ponyville
>Wonderbolt Academy
>Changeling Kingdom
>>
>>29115626
>What went wrong, /mlp/?
> Season 05
> Diamond Tiara's backstory
> She was a lonely rich girl always during her mom's hoof
> She behaves like a bitch because she's extremely unhappy and takes out her frustrations on everyone
> She loses her only friend
> The CMC tries to help her despite DT's horrible behavior
> DT admits to feel respect for the CMC, they can do whatever the fuck they want despite being blank flanks
> DT gets an epiphany
> She finally stands her ground on front of her abusive mom and reveals herself as an extremely nice, useful girl once she's free from her burden
> The CMC also get an epiphany and finally receive their CM thanks to Diamond Tiara

Then season 6 came and Big Jim & Haber toss everything off the window to make room for Starlight Glimmer, their mutual lovechild.

> Diamond Tiara doesn't even speak during all of S06, but whatever, we had an episode with an alicorn baby, an episode mocking critics, another mocking bronies and even an episode with ponies driving cars, stop complaining, I'm so sad, I'm blocking everyone, gimme praises and asspats, hmm, hmm, yes.

Fuck season 06, fuck Jim Miller, fuck Josh Haber. It will take years to undo their damage and that's only if they even admit they fucked up.
>>
>>29116633
Fillyfags are pathetic.
>>
>>29116583
Spike could have summoned Ember's army to help defend Canterlot from the changeling invasion (which happened offscreen because fuck you, Glimmer deserves all of the screentime.)
>>
>>29116639
Spike got captured with the rest of them though.
>>
File: tmp_3950-1478688435630-74702073.jpg (62KB, 840x544px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3950-1478688435630-74702073.jpg
62KB, 840x544px
>>29115644
>>29116633

>enjoying the retard stories of brats that were never planned to be in the show
>>
Reminder that Faust hated the CMC so much that she offered to make two shows to keep them out of FiM.
>>
File: 0423 - 8KMtiGC.jpg (158KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
0423 - 8KMtiGC.jpg
158KB, 399x388px
>>29115626
Money.
>>
File: autismchart.png (88KB, 1778x617px) Image search: [Google]
autismchart.png
88KB, 1778x617px
>>29116437
I took the liberty of doing some autism on this subject.

In Season 6, we had 17/26 episodes take place outside of Ponyville. However, many of these episodes took place in previously-established locations:
>Canterlot
>Crystal Empire
>Manehattan
>Dragon Territory

However, we saw the introduction of several new locations this season.
>Las Pegasus
>Daring Do Con
>Changeling Hive

Compare this with
>14 episodes in Season 5
>11 in Season 4
>5 in Season 3 (10, adjusted for the half-length season)
>9 in Season 2
>2 in Season 1

The average season, Pre-Cutie-Map, had 8 episodes taking place outside of Ponyville
The average season, Post-Cutie-Map, has 15.5 episodes taking place outside of Ponyville
>>
>>29117487
I feel like you're being a bit too strict on S1. For one, Best Night Ever most definately took place in Canterlot, and for two, I think the Red Dragon's mountain is distinct enough from ponyville to count as a new area, even if it's adjacent to it. We also don't know how near or far the Dog Mine was.
>>
>>29117487
Okay, Jim.
>>
>>29117487
>Where the Apple Lies
>Buckball Season
To add to the autism, those episodes took place in Ponyville.
>>
>>29115626
you made a thread
>>
>>29115644
Fuck off, Trixie made this watchable. cmc are boring.
>>
>>29115626
Nothing, /mlp/ is just a salty fuck :3
>>
>>29119046
>le sodium posters are contrarians
Holy shit, add salty to the filters already
>>
>>29119044
You're entitled to your opinion. I used to like Trixie a good bit, myself, and I'm sure I would have loved her roles here too if not for the way I was distracted by the fact that the only characters I still love and care about were starting to be mistreated right when they most deserved and needed new attention. I'm sure you can understand. I'm not insulting anyone else's waifu.
>>
Just wanted to remind everyone that mlp is still doing better, and is financially more secure than all of cartoon network's currently "popular" shows.
>>
>>29116666
"Explore Equestria" was apparently just a toy marketing thing and had nothing to do with the show
>>
>>29115626
Nothing. Nothing happened where something memorable should have happened.
I can't believe new creators were able to make a season so forgettable on their first take on the show.
>>
It was okay. Probably the worst season besides 3, though.
>>
>>29119328
Jim was creaming his pants with ego and excitement after the s06 trailer aired and everyone praised him for the epic exploring theme.

He could have explained right there that the season wasn't going to have any of that but instead he kept mum and waited until the critic became too heavy to ignore until he finally had his infantile meltdown where he said that the show as only for little girls (contradicting his butkissing stance regarding Faust's legacy) and telling people to go fuck themselves.

I don't have any hopes left for the next season because that manchild is still directing it.
>>
>>29115644
. . . . . . I don't have a counter argument.
>>
>>29115626
Fluttercord became canon. It's suppose to be a permanent no boyfriend status quo but times changed.
>>
>>29119165
I don't keep up with profit news. Mind explaining?
>>
>>29119654
>showing favoritism
>Fluttercord
Must be nice living in an illusionary world.
>>
>>29119946
(You)
>>
>>29115644
>be the cmc
>set a goal
>spend five seasons achieving goal
>fade away after goal achieved
Assuming Hasbro will never let the CMC grow up, letting them fade into obscurity is better than throwing more episodes at them while keeping them perpetually ten years old.

Trixie was the strongest character this season. Her reformation, unlike Starlight's, is entirely reasonable. She's still a bitch, just not an evil bitch. Trixie's personality is very distinct and adds some variety to the show. I hated Trixie before season 6, but she's pretty good now.
>>
>>29119963
>being a triggered Fluttercordfag
>>
>>29115644
The CMC had their shot to be more interesting when they got their marks. But instead of getting marks in their actual talents, they're forever relegated to cutie mark duty. There's nothing left to do with the characters if they go down that road.
>>
>>29115626

What went wrong?

(You) did.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.