[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do No Harm(CYOA) - #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 397
Thread images: 4

File: BGtransparant.png (325KB, 1063x752px) Image search: [Google]
BGtransparant.png
325KB, 1063x752px
Previous thread:>>29081211
Book:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u2OICm76s2Dn9lGlxiJxMsGf_LIFqHfd7T57899kJ-U/edit?usp=sharing

>The town of Anima isn't the healthiest place in the world.
>No growing trade town is, you suppose. What with all the boats coming in, moving passengers and cargo, not to mention that the town drinks from its toilet.
>Not that that last part can be helped, being on a river.
>There haven't been any...epidemics in the traditional sense of the word, but health issues run rampant.
>Your name is Heart Beat, and you're the assistant to one of the few fully fledged doctors in Anima.
>Proper clinics like yours are a rarity, most either self-medicate or resort to Zebrican shamanism, or even less reliable methods.
>Still, you're just one pony, and medicine doesn't come cheap. Heck, you're not even a real doctor!
>>
>>29104732
>Right now though, you're in some young mare's house after a night out at the bar with your best friend.
>Her father is sitting right before you.
>It seems that she recognized you as Doctor Pill's assistant, and asked you to take a look at her sick father, an earth pony who runs a general goods store.

>It seems that this stallion's diagnosis is nearing completion.
>Fever, symptoms not unlike a cold, sweaty hooves, granted he's apparently always been like that, magic pooled in the hooves, you're suspecting that Flux Flu is the culprit here.
>But there's only one way to be sure...

>Your horn lights up once more as you cast a spell to let you more clearly "visualize" the ambient magic around you.
>Its draining, but you don't need it for more than a few seconds at most.

>Carefully, you take the stallion's hoof and feel the bottom, leaning in closer to get a good
look.
>Its cold, for a hoof. Slightly sticky too, as if covered in a thin layer of mucous.
>Upon withdrawing it you see a little has stuck to your hoof as well.
>The spell you cast has the spot lit up like a seedy motel bed under a blacklight.
>Not to mention the old pony's hoof, too.

>Well then, that confirms your suspicions.
>...you better wash your hoof properly before you leave. Don't want it spreading.

>"Got a diagnosis yet, Heart? Don't tell me you came all the way here just to hold hooves with
some old stallion! When I've been right here all along?"
>Swift either doesn't notice or doesn't care for the young mare's socked expression.
>>"Well? What is it?" The old stallion asks.
>>
>>29104766
>"Nah, he's not really my type."
>implying Heart Beat would get with an older stallion
>>
>>29104766
I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I'veven identify your father's sickness. The bad news is that it's Flux flu.
>>
>>29104766
Flux Flu. It isn't anything serious though, so just recommend good bed rest and a good scrubbing of the hooves every once in a while.
>>
>>29104766
>"As much as I enjoy holding hooves, I would much prefer to hold hooves with certain pretty mare."
*cough cough*
>>
>>29104766
Your dad has the Flux Flu. Keep him in bed, give him plenty of fluids and regularly clean the mucus off his hooves. There are several oils and waxes to speed it up a bit...but I guess you don't wanna pay for it. Be careful with the mucus when you remove it since it's highly infectious. When the infection passes he should go to the clinic and get vaccinated. Now excuse me for a second while I go wash my hooves.
>>
>>29104766
Give him a bit more salt to his diet, stay hydrated, use ceetain oils, waxes, and scrubs to help reduce the amount of discharge produced. Keep exposure to the magical discharge to a minimum.
Has he received his vaccination yet?
>>
>>29104766
Flirt with the sick stallions daughter.
>>
>>29104766
Does Heart Beat got tha booty?
>>
>>29104919
Seems a bit early for this. Also really inappropriate.
>>
>>29104884
This. Washing hooves before anything else.
>>
>>29104877
>>29104861
>>29104884
>>29104912

>You let go of the stallion's hoof andstand up, keeping sure to keep the hoof you used off the floor.
"Well, I have good news and bad news."
>The ponies in the room lean forward a little more, clearly paying attention.

"The good news, is that I know exactly what your father's sick with,"
>You point to the stallion.
"the bad news, is that its Flux Flu."

>"What's that? Is it contagious?"
"Oh don't worry, its nothing really serious for most ponies. Spreads really easily though, and its part of what's making his hooves to sweaty-er, sweatier."
"Its a lot like a regular flu, so just keep him in bed till he heals up; a little more salt in your food couldn't hurt, make sure to drink plenty, and washing the mucous of his hooves would help too - its how the disease spreads. There are waxes and soaps to help clean it off better, but...I guess you don't really need to pay for it if you wash regularly enough."
>The family blinks a few times, so much info so quickly seems to have overwhelmed them.
"When he does get better though, please do get to a clinic to get yourselves vaccinated if you can. He doesn't need one, since it'd have already passed, but it'll stop either of you from getting it too. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll need to wash my hooves."
>You perform a three-legged walk over to the sink while the family discusses their treatment options.

>Swift joins you while you're scrubbing, leaning casually agains the counter.
>"So, 'Doctor Heart', Flux Flu. Isn't that thing transmitted by doing, y'know, more than holding hooves?"
>"That stallion just doesn't really seem like the type."
>>
>>29105214
He works in a general store, and in that kind of environment, he may run into a lot of ponies.

Say he accidentally cut himself one day and just happened to run into a unicorn who had it. Even if he did get it the traditional way, it's not our place to judge.
>>
>>29105214
Possibly...but it's none of our business. We just came here to treat him, not ask him needless questions about his personal life.
>>
>>29105214
What he does in his free time is none of our business. At least, not until it puts him in need of my services again.
>>
>>29105214
Remember to write them a note. It seemed like most of what we said was lost to them.
>>
>>29105268
>>29105271
>>29105277
>>29105332
"Prossibly, but he works a store, remember? In a place like that its not a stretch to believe he could've ran into a carrier. Say he got cut once and ran into a unicorn."
>"That's what I was thinking," He nods. "I was just wondering if it came in from some of his stock or something, I've handled enough packages to know that not everyone washes their hooves, or talons, properly. His goods could come from anywhere."

"Its none of our business right now...until it puts him in need of my help again."
>You shrug.
>You get back to the family, making sure to ask for a piece of paper to write them a note, just in case they forget.
>Soon you have a short list of instructions all written down, in your worst Doctor's hornwriting no less.
>Its actually legible.

>"Thank you for this, I don't know how my dad would've gotten help otherwise." The mare shakes both your hooves. "It saves us the consultation fee at least."
>>"It IS free, right?"
>"Yes, Dad!" She groans
>>>"So who was right?" The filly asks.
>Well then, it looks like your work is done here.
>>
>>29105560
You're very welcome. Take care, and you know where to find me if you need me.
>>
>>29105560
Tell her to contact us if they run into difficulties. Let's head out.
>>
>>29105560
Tell the filly that we were right. If we weren't here the father could've infected the whole family. Then they'd have to pay a pretty bit. IT'S A GOOD THING HE ASKED US NICELY. asshole
>>
>>29105633
>>29105641
>>29105698
"I was."
>You smile politely.
"You're very welcome. Take care, and if you run into any more trouble, you know where to find me."

>The two of you take the liberty of showing yourselves out.
>Halfway across the bridge, you decide to speak up about some of your thoughts on the matter.
"Good thing that mare came to us when she did, I know Unicorns are the only truly infective carriers to others, but his whole family could've been infected! THEN, they'd have to pay a pretty bit for treatment. Its a good thing he asked nicely...ass"
>The last word comes muttered under your breath.

>"Hey now, don't go insulting Donkeys! What did they ever do to you?"
>Swift's hooves come to a slow stop, clacking on the stone bridge. He leans on the edge glancing at the river below.
>Its night time, but a few rowboats still drift below the arches. Night fishers,or late workers, probably. Some bat ponies, as you can see the moonlight reflect off their eyes.
>Or are they griffons?
>Doesn't seem TOO late, considering how many are still out.
>"Still, its a surprise to see you react so...strongly. Don't you have some code or something? Saying you gotta be nice to your patients."
>>
>>29105838
In fact, I do. It's an oath that pretty much every physician takes.
>>
>>29105838
True. But the patient isn't near me anymore so I can say whatever I want...
>>
>>29105838
Nothing against having opinions. Just need to make sure they don't affect our work.
>>
>>29105838
True true, but just some ponies....it just helps to vent ok?
>>
pusing here
>>
>>29106121
>>29105987
>>29105899
>>29105878

>Exhaling, you join your friend looking out over the river.
"Actually, yes. Pretty much every physician has to do that."
>"But you're not a real doctor."

"...Anyway. It doesn't say I can't have opinions. Just needed to vent a little, gotta make sure it doesn't affect work. Besides its not like anypony's here to listen-"
>"Good evening!" You hear from one of the boats passing below.
>Swift snickers openly.
>"So, got any time left for tonight? Maybe its too late to wait in line back at the bar, but there's gotta be something else we can do. Or do you gotta get back to the clinic early?"
>>
>>29106446
Let's geT hope so we can get to the clinic bright and early.
Sorry Swift. Another night.
>>
>>29106507
*go home.
>>
>>29106446
if he wants he can come along to our house to drink instead, surely, we would have some good alcohol hidden away in our home.
>>
>>29106507
>>29106673
>While this hasn't turned out to be the night out you had in mind, you still needed a job to take care of in the morning.
>That and Doc Pill would give you a right earful if you fell asleep halfway through handling a patient.
"Sorry Swift, I'll need to get back to the clinic. But if you don't mind coming with me, I'm sure I've got something nice stashed somewhere..."

>Swift's eyes flutter as he raises a hoof to his chest in pretentious shock.
>"Why Heart, how forward, inviting me to your place so soon!"
>He laughs, shaking his head.
>"I'm afraid I won't be able to make it back in time if I went all the way there. Besides, I know that any sort of alcohol that you'll have isn't fit for pony consumption."

>The two of you say your goodbyes for the night, and part ways.
>Swift flies off to...wherever he stays, and you head on back to the clinic.

>Surprisingly, you find your mentor behind the counter when you get back, counting out pills.
>"Ah, you're back." He says dryly. "Slightly later than usual, did something happen?"
>>
>>29106835
Tell him about the old stallion we diagnosed.
>>
>>29106835
It was a case of flux flu, but the patient had a distrust of doctors, so I had to assure him that I wasn't there to take his money.
>>
>>29106835
Not sure if we should've changed him or not, but buck it. His daughter was nice enough.
>>
>>29107036
>>29106867
>>29106860
"A case of the Flux Flu. A mare came up to us at the bar and asked for help with her sick father, but he distrusts doctors. So, I had to assure him I wasn't there to take his money."
>The Doctor has an expression you can't quite place.
>"Hm. Is that so? Whenever I give medical advice to random ponies they either ignore me or don't follow all of it."
"I'm not sure if I should have either way, but the mare asked nicely."

>He stands up, keeping some medication in drawers, moving some stuff around, the counter doesn't make it too easy to see.
>"Don't go giving free treatment to every mare who asks now, you can't run a business on good intentions alone. Good night, Heart."
>As he passes by you on the way upstairs he stops for a moment halfway.
>"Oh, and remember you have got a few visits to make tomorrow, they're on a list. You'll need to finish them by lunch."

This one's kinda lackluster, but hey, I'm tired.

Stopping for the day
>>
>>29107069
Let's go home and Masturbate to Pill senpai.
>>
Bumping!
>>
>>29107704
Get the epinephrine!
>>
>>29107069
Check the list before doing anything else.

>>29110648
>not masturbating to Swift frotting us while Pill probe us anally.
>>
I'm just going to bump this now to be safe.
>>
>>29113066
>>
>>29107069
Wait, do we have a temp. living arrangements in the clinic?
>>
>>29107069
Time to hit the sack. Set the alarm to set off early in the morning.
>>
beb
>>
Thanks for keeping the thread, session starting today. Within the hour if I'm fast enough
>>
>>29116801
Kewl.
>>
Hey. Who remembers Heart Beats physical description? All I know is that he's a unicorn stallions with a slightly blue-ish coat, and a big butt.
>>
>>29116902
I don't remember that last one being a thing, but I won't tell you no.
>>
>>29116801
I am not fast enough
>>
>Perhaps it'll be a good idea to take a peek at the list.
>Quickly checking to make sure that the Doc is well and truly upstairs, you lean over the counter to take a look.

>You see patient ledger, a blue hardcover book, closed, a short piece of paper sits atop it. Right next to it are a few brown paper parcels, the same kind of wrapping you use for medicine. Judging by the faint smell not all of them are pills, you figure.
>Picking it up (and making sure not to topple the inkwell right next to it) you quickly glance through it, a few of the names stand out to you.

>Hard Chisel
>A unicorn who lives and works at one of the lumber mills on the eastern side of the river, where the road into town is.
>They've been complaining about...damn, Doc Pill's writing is smudged. Oh well, you can always ask them when you get there.
>Far as you can tell, there's no package for him.

>Garfield, no last name given
>Expecting a package of medicine, one of the herbal ones, if the name is any indication
>To be delivered to a...butcher's shop, it seems. A Gryphon, then?

>A parcel of croca and cherry seed extracts, addressed to the post office.
>No name stated, though. Curious...but ultimately none of your business, really.

>Aaand the last name on the list, something...belle.
>The stereotype of Doctors and writing holds true, it seems.
>Addressed to one of the farms on the southern part of the main island, she, you can only assume so, has a delivery of general antibiotics and a routine checkup.
>Strange, you've never head of that name before.

1/2
>>
>>29117437
>Your curiosity sated, you turn and head down the hallway and up the stairs, into your room.
>Its hardly a lavish living arrangement, but it sure beats having to compete for a house elsewhere in town.
>Cozy as you can make it, given the limited space.
>Your bed is made in a spare room of the clinic, either a storeroom or small spare bedroom is your best guess.
>"bed" is stretching the definitions slightly. Its nothing more than a mattress, sheet, and pillow on the floor. A rolled up blanket provides some extra padding, but its not a cold enough night for that.
>But hey, at least you've got a window!
>A small desk and wardrobe face each other across the room, and a single shelf containing a few medical textbooks rests above the desk.

>Closing the door, you head into bed, taking care to not knock over the unlit lamp as you pass the table.
>Can't wait for the new lights to get installed.
>It takes a while, but you do fall asleep eventually.

>The next morning you wake up dark and early, sun's only just rising.
>You gotta help clean up the clinic up before the patients come in. And breakfast.
>While you wait for Doc Pill to finish making his, you grab the broom and begin cleaning the area.
>You sweep the entire first floor, pretty much. Who knew races of fully furred beings could leave so much hair around?
>Now comes the most important decision of the day.
>Tea, or coffee?

I get the feeling that this quest is going to need really long, slow updates sometimes.
>>
>>29117447
Depends if we have real sugar or not. If we do, tea. If not, coffee.
>>
>>29117447
What makes you say that? Was it the lack of responses? Your last post kind of confused me.
>>
>>29117447
>>29117467
Sounds agreeable.
>>
>>29117447
Tea and something solid to eathe. Like hay.
>>
>>29117447
Hot chocolate.
>>
>>29117467
>>29117501
>>29117543
>>29117553
>Of course, the real answer is if you have any sugar!
>Which you do.
>So naturally, you prepare yourself a nice hot cup of black tea.
>No milk, though. You don't even have any to add if you wanted to.

>As you drink in the dark liquid your mind wanders.
>You remember dreaming the night before about...something. Doc Pill was in it, as was Swift. Can't remember the details though.
>A little bit of caffeine a day is good for you but you swear it does strange things sometimes.
>Idly you munch on a piece of haybacon - it compares to real bacon the same way turkey bacon does, you hear - and wonder if you should put in an order for a bottle of milk. Hot Chocolate isn't something you've had in a while.

>The rest of the morning goes by reasonably quicky. Breakfast is eaten, the medicine stocks are checked, Doc Pill prepares his office, you prepare the front counter, and the clinic is opened.
>No one comes in just yet though.
>You decide that now is the best time to take care of the deliveries on that list, at the ushering of your mentor.
>"Remember to finish those deliveries! I'm an old stallion now, can't move around as much as I used to." He says
>'Today is a slow day and I wanna take the time off to relax while you do the hard work!' you figure the real reason to be.

>Stepping out of the clinic you take a look around.
>The Sun has well and truly risen, and the citizens of Amina are well awake and at work.
>Ponies and a few Zebras pulling carts, hooves clacking against the stone streets.
>Pegasi and griffons work at cleaing the sky, a few of them carry bags of mail.
>A few bat ponies blearily move around, probably heading back home after a long night at work. Or drink.
>The sounds of the main marketplace can be heard, if you focus on it. Even a few streets away you the noise reaches far.

1/2
>>
>>29117631
>Still, you've got business to do. You've got a bag yourself, hanging from your side.
>The list from last night in your hoof and the relevant packages safely tucked away.
>Thankfully there wasn't any extra packing to do. Doc Pill can handle the collections.

2/2

>>29117488
Just thinking on how long I take between each post and how short most other QMs seem to take for theirs
>>
>>29117636
Lets get the furthest out of the way first.
>>
>>29117636
Do we know if they'really supposed to pay us when we arrive, or were purchased services paged before hoof?
>>
>>29117636
>Hard Chisel
>A unicorn who lives and works at one of the lumber mills on the eastern side of the river, where the road into town is.
>They've been complaining about...damn, Doc Pill's writing is smudged. Oh well, you can always ask them when you get there.
>Far as you can tell, there's no package for him
Go ask Pill about his smudgy hoof writing. We can't read it.
>>
>>29117636
Let's deliver the herbal medicine to Garfield at the butchery.
>>
>>29117636
So we wearing the sexy nurses outfit?
>>
>>29117636
Do some stretching before we hoof it. We have arthritis or sone shit, aye? Think that's supposed to help.
>>
>>29117636
Let's save this assumes miss Belle for last.
>>
>The smudge on Doc Pill's writing nags at your mind. If you can't read it, how can you help the patient?
>Better to go ask him just in case, though you'd probably just get some mildly vague dismissal.

>"Oh, him? He's been getting migranes or something like that. Shouldn't you be going? You've got house calls to make and I have patients to see. These clients didn't pay for nothing you know."
>Hm.

>The furthest place first would be best, you think. Then leave the rest for the return trip.
>That would mean going in the direction of the logging camps in the forests along the river.
>Logging isn't Amina's main trade, but its an important one nontheless. All those buildings have to be built out of something.
>It takes a while to get to this Hard Chisel's place, turning on the road out of town from the central marketplace, crowded as it is, and then finding your way through th winding dirt roads ouside of the central island. Keeping up a constant trot leaves you out of breath at times, but you've got a time limit to meet.
>Sometimes you wish you had wings like a Pegasus. Or had enough magical knowledge and skill to teleport. But alas, you have neither, and so resort to using your hooves.
>You even got a little lost, but thankfully the signs (and some of the loggers) helped you find your way.

>The place looks like a workshop, from first impressions.
>There's the light layer of sawdust on everything, the smell of freshly cut wood,and the relatively small area of the whole place.
>That, and the roofed area with a "workshop" sign above it. And by the sound of things, its open.
>Strangely enough, you don't see any huge logs lying around.

>Walking up to the front door you give it a few quick knocks.
>It isn't very long before it opens. A pegasus stallion stands behind it, creamy yellow coat and red maned.
>He stands aside, welcoming you in.
>"Ah, you must be from the clinic! Come on in, Chisel is taking a break right now. I guess you already know about his headaches?"
>>
>>29118274
Gonna have to call it early, anons, sorry.
Got some chores to do later, and that doesn't leave much time for questing.
>>
>>29118274
Dr. Heart Beat, nice to meet you. I've heard about his migraines, is there anything else you can tell me?
How long these headaches have been going on, if there have been any other symptoms?
>>
>>29118508
Boastful are we? We're not a full doctor just yet.
>>
>>29118508
Aren't we a nurse or intern? Dr. Pill is the one with the doctorate.
>>
>>29118274
>These clients didn't pay for nothing you know.
Oh. Then I guess we received payment before hoof. That's good.
>>
>>29118274
Yes. A Mr. Hard Chisel correct? You had some complaint about migraines?
>>
>>29118274
What else can you tell me about Hard Chisel's headache? Does he have any other symptoms? Runny nose, dry mouth, shaky hooves, diarrhea. Stuff like that. Actually hold that, it'd be better if I asked him myself.
>>
>>29120110
Wonk
>>
>>29121327
Wink
>>
>>29118634
>Boastful are we?
That wasn't my intent.
>>
>>29118274
Yes, I'm heart Beat and you are....?
>>
>>29118508
>>29120110
>>29120102
>>29123502
>You nod in affirmation.
"I do. I'm Heart Beat. And you are...?"
>"Oh, where are my manners. Chisel is my cousin. My name is Wood. Hardwood."
>The stallion shakes your hoof and begins leading you further into the building.

"Nice to meet you. So what can you tell me about his migranes? How long have they been going on for?"
"Have there been any other symptoms? Runny nose, dry mouth, shaky hooves, diarrhoea?"
>Perhaps it would be better to ask the patient yourself, but there's no harm in asking for extra info. Even experienced doctors can miss things.

>"Its been frequent migranes for a few days now, I think. Other than that, I have noticed he gets tired more often at the end of the day. Recently its been like he falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow, and he sleeps like a rock now. He's eating more too."
>The pegasus pauses for a moment and puts a hoof to his chin.
>"Not sure how much he drinks though. Never got to see if his hooves shake, unicorn and all that. I...don't think he's been having the trots. We're not THAT close."

>Hardwood eventually brings you to a doorway leading out to the workshop you saw on your way in.
>It seems like the few workers here are had at work; grinding, sanding, drilling.
>And they all don't seem to notice you - probably because of their ear protection.
>You're led past a few workbenches. A minotaur you pass delicately sands out the embellishments on a dining table, his large fingers surprisingly deft.
>It seems like this workshop makes the stuff that goes in houses, instead of the houses themselves.

>There's no time to observe the others' work though, as you come face to face with who can only be Hard Chisel himself.
>A unicorn stallion sits slouched back in a chair in the corner of the workshop, his hooves behind his head, eyes closed.
>A flat cap rests on the table beside a cup of water.
>"Chisel! A pony from the clinic is here to see you, his name's Heart Beat."
>>
>>29124097

>Hard Chisel's eyes open, and he gets gets up, massaging his forehead with a hoof before levitating his cap on.
>After the greetings are done Wood leaves the two of you alone, and Chisel begins telling you about his symptoms.
>The migranes come and go, though he's not too specific on the details. Sometimes it comes along during work, other times after.
>Strangely enough, he's made no mention of the tiredness or increased appetite that his cousin did.
>>"-so that's about all of it. It really feels like its happening at the front of my brain, mostly. I don't have anything serious, do I?"

Merry Christmas post
>>
>>29124105
Bring up what his cousin mentioned and ask if any specific activity triggers a migrane.
>>
>>29124105
Ask for more details on his normal daily behaviors.
>>
>>29124105
Sometimes people fail to point out minor changes to their own behaviour, which is typical. It's a good thing we asked his cousin then.
>>
>>29124105
Did he recently change his sleeping schedule? Does he have less sleep?
>>
>>29124105
Does he think he's been over working himself? Is he stressed? Cast the Diagnostics spell on him again.
>>
>>29124105
Does Heart Beat know any other spells other then the diagnostics spell? I know he had diagnostics and utility.
>>
>>29125670
Levitation, probably. Every unicorn you see has that one.
>>
>>29126954
Right so diagnostics and levitation. But what else?
QM? What other spells does know?
>>
>>29127267
Light, probably.
>>
>>29127353
Mmmmmm'yeah. What about an ultrasound spell. That would be cool.
>>
I think I'll have time for a session today
>>
>>29129569
Kewl
>>
>>29129815
I'm so dazed by your shameless use of "kewl" I can't even
>>
>>29130019
Good for you anon. Nice of you to tell us that.
>>
>>29124197
>>29124528
>>29124702
>>29124708
"Your cousin mentioned that you haven't been as active as you used to. But you're eating more, and sleeping earlier. Is there anything in your daily routine that specifically causes your migranes?"
>The other unicorn's face cringes in mild embarrassment.
>"Yeah, he does keep an eye out doesn't he? Like I said though, there doesn't seem to be any pattern far as I can tell."

>Hm. It doesn't to be something serious, but you might have something to work with here. Time to ask a few more questions.
"Did you recently change your sleeping schedule? Do you think you've been overworking yourself?"
>Chisel shakes his head.
>"Not really, no. I sleep at the same hours I always did, maybe even more nowadays, actually. As for work..."
>He takes a look around the workshop, at the others still at work.

>Your head turns to see what has him so interested.
>Other than the minotaur from earlier, you also see another bull and earth pony cutting planks and hammering nails.
>"Well, one of the town's council members just got a new replacement, again. You know how those catbirds like to change who sits where."
>Chisel shrugs.
>"And so we've got a big order to fill, and not the most forgiving of schedules to do it with. We can handle it, really, but with how many we've got here its going to be a tight fit."

>The glass of water gets enveloped in a purple aura before floating to the unicorn's mouth.
>He grimaces, setting it back down more shakily than before.
>"Ugh...started to come back a little there."
>Perhaps a spell would be useful here. You can't sense things with the precision that proper instruments can, but it can't hurt.
>Maybe getting a read on his magic levels would be useful. Or perhaps something else?
>>
>>29130594
Magic levels is always a good start. I imagine it is the Equestrian equivalent of checking your blood pressure. Something so easy to do that why the hell wouldn't you open with it, just in case?

Who is on the town council anyway? Is this a big group or a little one? And is it pure democracy, or is there a representative of each neighborhood or something?
>>
>>29130594
By any chance, do you usually use magic around the times you get a migrane?
>>
>>29130594
Can't hurt to check.
>>29131036
>>
>>29131036
This
>>
>>29130594
Sure, if his magic seems jumpy, check it.

Also, probably horsebandu'ing Hard Wood simply due to name alone.
>>
>>29130614
>>29131036
"If you don't mind, I'd like to check your magic levels."
>With how many things that affect the magical system of a pony, you probably should just open with it by default.
>"Sure, go ahead."
>You fire up the spell and the familiar sight of the unicorn magical circulation system appears.

>From what you can tell, Hard Chisel definitely has some lower than average magic reserves right now.
>Long term usage, perhaps? With what he's had so far, and his workload, its a reasonable cause.
"Do you find that using your magic results in you getting your migranes, by any chance?"

>A look flashes across his face for a split second, but quickly returns to normal.
>"Not always, no. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't."
>He begins walking towards one of the empty workbenches.
>"I don't suppose this is something I can just take a few painkillers for, can I?"

Sorry for the long pauses. Slow day.
>>
>>29131179
Can we monitor him while he attempts some work? See what happens as he exerts himself?
>>
>>29131179
Ask him to exert himself by without magic, then with magic. Keep constant track of his body with the spell.
>>
>>29131179
Try focusing the scanning spell to his head and horn.
>>
>>29134245
Focus on his dick. Maybe he stretched something.
>>
>>29134551
I want GATF to leave
>>
>>29131266
>>29131279
>>29134245
"Not just yet, but I've got an idea about how to treat your headaches. Could you just do some work for a little while? Once with magic, and once without."
>He looks a little confused about your proposal.
"I've got a spell to ovserve your magic levels, just confirming something."
>With that, he shrugs and turns around to the workbench, continuing his work behind him.

>You focus the spell on his head, the horn especially.
>When the stallion uses his magic, you notice it dip in strength, as you would expect from magic use, though it seems weaker than average.
>Without magic, well the magic pool in his horn doesn't look too different from before, really, taking quite a long time to "recharge".

>A few minutes go by before the unicorn speaks up.
>"Hey, is this all really necessary? I'm sure you've got more important things to do than stand over a pony's shoulder..."
>Glancing around, you spy a clock on the wall. He's got a point.
>Its about mid-morning now, you really can't stay all day.
>Doc Pill would have your hide if you took too long.

Do you have enough for a diagnosis?
>>
>>29135818
Not enough for an actual condition, but he should try going easy on his magic for a while and see if there are any changes.
>>
>>29135818
Are there any parasites that feed off of a unicorn's magic?

Cause that seems like it might be a possibility.
>>
>>29135818
Try easing up on the magic for a while. It'll keep the headaches at bay. For some reason your magic seems a bit weaker then the average unicorn. And it's taking a longer amount of time then it typically would for your mana pool to recharge.
>>
>>29135818
The book doesn't have anything in it for whatever ails Chisel.
>>
>>29135867
>>29135885
>>29135987
>>29135994
>Hm. Your book never did have something that perfectly fits your patient's symptoms.
>Then again, that might be a good thing.

"Well other than the possiblity of a magical parasite feeding off you-"
>Chisel's face turns into one of horror
"-you don't really have anything I'd call an actual condition."
>He calms down considerably at that.
"Your magic's looking a bit weaker than average right now, and taking longer to recharge. So just take it easy on the magic for a while, and see what happens."

>It takes a little bit more assurance from you, and protesting from Chisel, but he does agree to ease off on his magic for a while.
>At least for while.
>On you way out, you meet Hardwood once again, this time scribblig in a logbook.
>"Oh hello again! You're finished with Chisel, then? What's he sick with? Is there anything I can do to help?"

>Well...'taking it easy' was the bare minimum, but you suppose if there were any special instructions...

Gonna have to pause for a while here, need to go out
>>
>>29136130
He doesn't seem sick to me, just overworked. Tell him to keep magic use to a minimum for a while, try to turn down the workload and see if he improves. If he gets a migraine, have him lie down in a quiet place with the lights off. If he needs, you can go down to the drugstore and get some ibuprofen/aspirin/caffeine headache medication. It's over the counter, take as instructed on the bottle.

If taking it easy doesn't help over the next few days, come into the clinic, but it doesn't seem too serious and I'm not too worried.
>>
>>29136168
Sorry, that's Acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine medicine, or ibuprofen. Both are viable, but ibuprofen is sold on its own.
>>
>Hard Chisel
>Far as you can tell, there's no package for him.
>>
>"Oh, him? He's been getting migranes or something like that...."
>>
3 more to go:
>Expecting a package of medicine, one of the herbal ones, if the name is any indication

>A parcel of croca and cherry seed extracts, addressed to the post office.
>No name stated, though. Curious...but ultimately none of your business, really.

>Addressed to one of the farms on the southern part of the main island, she, you can only assume so, has a delivery of general antibiotics and a routine checkup.
>>
>>29136130
Post office, butcher, then farm.
>>
>>29136130
Please contact the clinic if his condition doesn't improve in a week or so.
>>
>>29136130
Lets head to the next closest location.
>>
>>29136880
^^^^^^^^^
>>
"There isn't much else to do."
>You shake your head. Not like Chisel's cousin here could do anything anyway, unless he tied him to his bed.
"He doesn't seem sick to me, just overworked. Just tell him to keep the magic to a minimum, and lie down somehwere quiet if a migrane strikes again."
"If he needs it, you could get some ibuprofen or asprin. If he doesn't get better in about a week, just get him to go back to the clinic and we'll take a look at him again."

>The pegasus blinks at you a few times.
>"...I have no idea what drugs you just named! Could you write it down?"
>Hardwood passes you a sheet of paper, and you scrawl down the drug names he could get.
"Here, just go to the drugstore and look for these if your cousin needs them."
>"Thanks! I'll take good care of him, don't worry."

>And that's the first off the list!
>...took a little longer than you'd thought, but there's no beter time to get going.
>Speaking of, the Post Office looks like the next closest location, so you decide to head there.

>The building is made of stone, like most of those found in Amina's central areas. Well, except for the more well off parts of town.
>It blends in well with the rest of the buildings on the street, the only thing defining it is the sign with an envelope hanging over the door.
>Walking up through the front doors you see a short queue formed at the counter, and a parcel delivery box sits right by the entrance.
>Behind the front desk a few ponies and girffons mill about, moving letters from shelf to shelf, carrying packages wrapped in familiar brown paper.

Going to pause here for the day
>>
>>29137298
K. I'll try bumping the thread while you're gone.
>>
>>29137298
Wait in line and ask the pony working the front about the package addressed to the post office. If you see any other mail ponies milling about, flag them down and ask them about the package.
>>
>>29137298
Do we know if croca and cherry seed extracts has any medical uses, or if there's so false belief if it could be used as medicine?
>>
>>29137298
>The building is made of stone, like most of those found in Amina's central areas. Well, except for the more well off parts of town.
It sure would be nice if we found our own place that has a little more space then out closet sized room
>>
>>29137298
We should update our book, maybe do a little studying of disease on our off days or breaks. We could learn more about magical related ailments like whatever afflicts Chisel. Or maybe all he really needed was rest.
>>
>>29137298
This shouldn't take too long. Maybe half an hour tops, so long as no one FUCKING CUTS IN LINE we'll be fine.
>>
>>29137298
>Walking up through the front doors you see a short queue formed at the counter, and a parcel delivery box sits right by the entrance.
The package was addressed to the post office. Let the mail ponies deal with it and put our delivery in the box.

Next up is the butcher and the farmer. Go to the one that's closest.
>>
>>29137298
So QM. What's your take on players, 'possible' wanting to ship Heart Beat? Yeah or neigh?
>>
>>29137298
Go ask a pony or griffin about the package. Is it for one of them?
>>
>>29137298
Let's pick up a snack after this. Maybe a bagel or muffin.
>>
>>29141225
Doctor in training bump
>>
>>29141225
>>29139506
>>29139286
>>29137349
>>29137345
>>29139095
>Shouldn't take too much time then, considering its addressed to the post office itself.
>You've half a mind to just put it into the parcel deposit box, but if you're going to do something, you do it right.

>Walking up to an empty spot on the counter you flag down one of the passing workers.
>A small, light blue unicorn mare comes up to you.
"Hello there, I've got a delivery from Doctor Pill's clinic here, but there's no name. I'm guessing its for the entire post office...? Croca flower and cherry seed extracts."
>"If there's no name then I'm afraid-"
>Her eyes widen in realization when you mention the contents of the package.
>"Oh? Oh! It's here!" She turns around and trots back deeper into the building.
>Not a moment later an orange stallion with a brown mane pokes his head out from behind a door.
>>"Great! Bring it in and we can get started!"
>He gives you a wave and thankful nod.
>Well that was quick.

>Two deliveries done, two to go.
>You can't quite recall what croca flowers and cherry seeds to though...the information seems to have slipped your mind.
>...ah well, you'll remember it eventually.

>The next closest address is the butcher's shop, towards the eastern side of town.
>As you make your way towards it, the smell of freshly baked goods assaults your nose.
>Turns out there's a bakery just down the street.
>Normally you'd be above the temptation of a mid-morning snack, but with all the long walking you did...
>A bagel or muffin sounds pretty nice right about now.
>>
>>29141225
Don't really see the point of it so early on, what NPC could possibly have enough character to be shipped with Heart?
>>
>>29142048
You just wait. One of the anons will find some way or reason
>>
>>29142041
Order a bagel with cream cheese and thinly sliced cucumbers.
>>
>>29142041
Time though
>>
>>29142048
Dr.Pill x Heart Beat otp
>>
>>29142041
>Normally you'd be above the temptation of a mid-morning snack, but with all the long walking you did...
With all the walking Heart has been doing all day he could use a pick me up. Some extra calories and an energy boost to get him through the last two places on his list.
Also order some juice.
>>
>>29142041
Sesame seed bagel
>>
>>29142041
Cupcake I'd where it's at bruh.
>>
>>29142041
Are we allergic to hay or wheat?
>>
2 more left:

>>
>>29142048
You fokin wot m8?
That young mare who came to Heart Beat at the bar. We'll get the chance to meet her when her and her family comes to the clinic to get their vaccinations
>>
>>29142048
With a name like Hard Wood, that guy would never fail to satisfy...
>>
>>29142041
veggie cream cheese or bust
>>
>You give in to your tummy and enter the bakery in search of mid-morning snackage.
>A few extra calories couldn't hurt, with all the walking you did, and will be doing.

>The bakery is done up like most bakeries, ordinary in every way.
>Shelves lined with bread of all kinds, facing a long counter where some of the more fragile confections sit - like cake.
>But right now your're more focused on other items.
>You want something that is filling enough to make up for the morning's running, but not too much that it would completely spoil your appetite.

>Something bread-y seems like a good fit. The cupcakes here look too sweet, even for cupcakes.
>Or are they muffins with too much icing?
>You eventually settle on a sesame seed bagel.

"I'd like this one please!"
>You wave to the attendant behind the counter, pointing at the bagel.
"With cream cheese and cucumbers."
>"Is that all you're getting? You look like you could use more than that."
>The dull red she-minotaur leans over the counter at you.
>"How about some lox? Or spinach? We've got a juice boxes too."
>>
>>29143167
Alright. Some lox and an apple juice box.
>>
>>29143167
Wait, did we remember to bring our bits?
>>
>>29143167
I guess let her upsell us for now.
>>
>>29143167
Oh what the hey, why not.
One bagel with cream cheese, cucumbers, and lox.
Another with with a fruity cream cheese and some fruit. (Is that even a thing? I don't even know)
Any kind of juice box will do.
>>
>>29143185
>>29143187
>>29143310
>>29143319
>Your bit pouch is certainly going to feel a bit lighter if you'd take her upsell...
>But why the hay not, its not like you've got much else to spend your coin on.

"Eh...sure. I'll have it with cream cheese and lox."
>"I'm surprised, most I've seen would shrink away at eating meat, even fish."
>She chuckles lightly before reaching under the counter to prepare your food.
>You only shrug and smile. Some Equestrian ponies don't really get over the fact that
>"Anything else I could get ya?"
"Some apple juice, please."

>Trotting out back into the street once more, with only ten bits left in your pouch, you head towards the next address.
>...you might want to make it a habit of bringing out a few more bits next time.

>The butcher shop is next, with the package addressed to Garfield. And as you expected, its going to the Griffon part of town.
>Little Griffonia, The roost, or as most call it, The Birdie Bin.
>Its a tiny slice of Gryphon culture all in one place, and it shows.
>The architecture takes on a whole new look once you step into the Gryphon part of town.
>Just as much wood and stone, but the main difference is in verticality.
>Houses reach up higher here, and most have open roofs, little ledges and planks of wood lie almost everywhere - convenient landing spots almost everyone here can fly.

>As one of the few ponies here, you can't help but feel slightly out of place.
>Sure this is the place with the second highest number of Pegasi, but you are, after all, a unicorn.
>Quite an uncommon sight in these parts, particularly off the main streets.
>Alas, that is where you must go.

>The butcher shop is rather small, but not so out of the way that you'd miss it entirely. The sign helped.
>The smell helped as well.
>You make sure to take shallow breaths once you step inside.

[cont]
>>
>>29143549
>A large Griff is in here, brown and even darker brown. The thumps of his cleaver chopping through meat and bone echo slightly throught the store.
>There is another customer in right now too browsing the selection.
>Meats of all kinds are here, mostly the land-walking kind, but there are a few pieces of fish too.
>You don't think he didn't hear you come in, but he does seem rather preoccupied with his pig dismemberment.
>>
>>29143555
Get his attention, ask if he's Garfield.
>>
File: DubsDash.png (116KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
DubsDash.png
116KB, 250x250px
>>29143555
Clear throat noisily, "Ahem! I have a delivery for you sir! Excuse me!"- Be noisy, get his attention.
>>
>>29143555
Wait till he's done chopping that segment of meet before announcing your presence. Tell his about the package.
>>
>>29143781
>>29143633
>>29143580
>Best to get his attention, but you can wait till he finishes up with that piece first.
>After a few more loud thumps, he wraps up whatever he was cutting, and passes it to the customer.
>She nods at him and pays him some coin - they don't seem to be Equestrian bits - before leaving.
"Ahem! I've got a delivery for Garfield!"
>You make sure to try and be noisy for his attention.
"I assume that's you?"

>"Yes, yes, I heard you the first time."
>Though you might have overdone it...
>"So, you're the one that has the delivery from the clinic? Well come on, over here."
>He taps his talons on the counter.

>You place the brown wrapped package in front of him.
>The Gryphon picks it up in his talons, giving it a light sniff before placing it under the counter.
>"I've been waiting for these Zebrican herbs for some time now! Thanks. Could I interest you in some meat? Fish?"
>Hm, Zebra herbs? You didn't know Doc Pill dealt in those.

And pause
>>
>>29144062
We just ate some fish, and we have no bits right now, so unless it's a free sample. We'll have to politely decline.
>>
>>29144062
No, sorry. We'd have to carry that around and we need to trot to some farm. Plus, I did bring too many bits with me.
>>
>>29144062
>Hm, Zebra herbs? You didn't know Doc Pill dealt in those.
We can ask the doctor about that later when we're done running errands.
>>
>>29144062
>"Could I interest you in some meat? Fish?"
Maybe next time. I'm quite busy at the moment and I'm afraid by the time I get home to put anything in the fridge in might start to spoil. If I do find the time I might pick up some fish, maybe salmon?
>>
Blep
>>
Last one:

>>
>>29147605
We need to find Heart Beat a mare friend so he won't feel lonely
Bump
>>
be back tomorrow bump
>>
>>29149021
Bump
>>
>>29144062
Would you mind me asking what those zebrican herbs are for?
>>
Added Do No Harm to the Quest Archive:
https://www.anonpone.com/mercy/
>>
>>29150323
Bump
>>
Page 8 bump.
What use if the zebrican medication to Garfield?
We got one last stop. A farm.
>>
Page 10
>>
>>29153972
Page 8
>>
>>29154594
Page 8 bump
Let's ship Heart with the Belle mare. I don't care who she is, I'm gonna ship this with the force of a dying sun!
>>
>>29144227
>>29144543
>>29146206
>>29146221
>>29150323
"Maybe next time, I just ate."
>Plus you'd have to carry raw meat around in the midday sun until you could get back.
>You probably don't have enough bits for that anyway.

>There is one thing that interests you though...
"If you don't mind me asking, what are those herbs for anyways?"

>"Doctor didn't tell you?"
>Garfield cocks a brow at you.
>"What else could a butcher shop do with them? I need it for this!"
>He gestures towards his meat on the counter.

>What does meat have to do...oh.
"So...you just use it as seasoning? From a clinic."
>"Plants like these aren't easy to get for a Griff like me. Not unless you know a Zebra who practices alchemy, or know someone who knows where to find them."
>"You should be asking a Zebra healer or something if you want to know which cures what, though. Not some butcher in Griffontown."
>Perhaps you just might ask Doc Pill if he knows any.

Not gonna be very many updates today, busy with work.
>>
>>29155306
Eeeeh. Whatever. Politely bid the griffin good bye so we can get to the last person.
>>
>>29155306
Oh, alright.

Now let's put the finishing moves on these deliveries.
>>
Bump, no ones done any harm yet I hope.
>>
>>29155306
Can we go yeeeeeeeet?
>>
>>29155449
>>29155379
"Oh...alright, then."
>Bidding the Griffin goodbye you step out of the store and make your way towards the farms just out of town.
>Though you make sure to take a detour around the central market to get onto the road South.
>Can't afford too much of a delay if you're going to finish up the deliveries quickly.

>The fertile lands on the southern parts of the island are wide and open, not as covered as the forests you were in earlier in the day.
>Makes it much easier to figure out where you're going too. Not many interesting things to see, though.
>Fields upon fields upon fields of crops and pasture.

>Thankfully, you're not going out that far. The address leads you to a farm that doesn't look half as busy as Hard Chisel's place.
>A large red barn stands to your left, fields of grass pasture out beyond that. You notice the door isn't completely closed. Perhaps its occupied?
>Down the path into the estate sits a house with a front door built taller than most of those in town. Built to house minotaurs, you guess. Or originally built for them.
>On the right of the entrance sits a vegetable patch growing corn, cabbages, carrots, there's quite a variety. You see the figure of someone working the soil, its not easy to identify who or what they are: they're wearing a wide straw hat, and the plants are blocking your view.
>>
>>29156452
Try calling out to them, Say that we're looking for a Belle?
>>
>>29156480
This. Try calling them. Get closer if you have too.
>>
>>29156480
>You walk towards the edge of the crop row, calling out towards the gardener. Perhaps they can tell you where that belle character is.
"Hello? I'm looking for someone named Belle. Do you know where she is?"

>The straw hat raises up some, and you see something move between the plant rows.
>Looking closer you see that the one tending to the garden is a young bull, not unlike the one that tended the bar last night. Though without the gruff look.
>He's coated chestnut brown with patches of white, wearing an orange bandana around his neck, and the horns poking through the hat seem to have fully grown in - not a calf, then.
>"Belle? You might want to check the barn or the farmhouse. She should be around here somewhere."
>He plants his spade in the dark soil. Standing to remove his hat and wipe his brow you notice he stands about as tall as you.
>That's a little on the shorter side, for most bovines you've seen. Maybe he's just young?
>"Who're you?"

Sorry to make this so short, but it seems like most of the other players are off right now. See you tomorrow
>>
>>29156452
My guess is this being a farm owned by minotaurs or very tall ponies. Most likely minotaurs.
>>
>>29157079
New shipping target acquired: Brown mino guy, unless he's too far out of our age bracket.

"I help out at the clinic, I'm going around making deliveries and helping the doctor."
>>
Last one:

>Strange, you've never head of that name before
>>
>>29157079
We're we even given anything to deliver to her?
Check the barn door. It was left open.
>>
>>29157079
We're at the home stretch boys. Let's do whatever it is we came here for and get back to the clinic.
>>
>>29157079
I hope the Belle minotaur has a nice rack and ass.
>>
>>29159291
Cancer bump
>>
>>29160357
>>
>>29157804
>>29157283
>>29157080
"I help out at Doctor Pill's clinic, going around making deliveries. I've got something to give to her, and something about a checkup...?"
>You take a hoof and slide the last package out of your bag to show him the label.
>"I asked who you are, not what you're here for..." He quips.
>Though at the volume he said it you think he didn't mean that line to be heard.
>"So, you're here to take a look at the milkers huh? Well, you better head straight to the barn then. If she's not there then she will be soon."
>He points a cloven hoof over to the barn across the lot.

>With that in mind, you make your way over to the big red thing.
>Its like most other barns of the farms in the area, not too weathered, since Anima isn't that old, though the doors certainly have seen a lot of use.
>And always red, too. Stereotypical as it is, you never really knew why.
>Knocking on the doors, you don't hear any response, but you do hear the churning of macinery, faintly, further in.

>Seems like its occupied right now. Though not locked, judging from the slight opening.
>>
>>29161825
Anounce yourself before entering.
>>
>>29161825
Milker's? He must be refering to cows.
>>
>>29161825
Oh wow. That the hot. You guys know how cows are sentient in the mlp universe? Imagine how awkward it would be to milk a cow with a milking fetish.
>>
>>29161825
>Looking closer you see that the one tending to the garden is a young bull
>He points a cloven hoof over to the barn across the lot.
Holy shit. I though "bull" was another name for a Minotaur. I didn't think this would be a farm of bulls and cows. Holy shit man.
>>
>>29161901
>>29161930
>>29162174
>>29162190
>Busy or not, you've got a delivery to make that can't wait!
>...huh. Almost turned into a Zebra shaman for a moment there.

>Knocking loudly you make sure you announce yourself before 'barging' in.
>It doesn't count if you knock first, right?
>The insides are reasonably well lit, with a few windows streaming the late-morning sunlight in.
>Inside you find a few cows - dairy cows, to be exact. Lounging around on stacks of soft hay.
>Some chewing on straw, one or two are reading magazines, with towels wrapped around their heads.
>Those that notice look upon you with expressions combining surprise, and like you've just walked into a tailor's and asked to try on the frilliest dress on display.
>The sound of machinery is louder now, and seems to be coming from just beind the door on the other side of the room.

>"Good morning!"
>Gah!
>You spin around in place, almost falling down on your tush in surprise.
>A minotaur cow, the bipedal kind, stands before you. She's a solid brown all over, fading darker on her tips of her limbs.
>And clothes too, a pair of trousers and a chest wrap that goes around her shoulders.
>Her hair is strung into a single braid, resting over her shoulder. Hints of pink colour the tip.
>She rests her hands on her knees, stretching out a large hand in greeting.
>"You must be the pony that Doctor Pill said he'd send! Terry told me you'd arrived."
>>
>>29162518
Damn. Minotaurs sure are huge when compared to ponies.
Don't jusy stand there, greet the nice cow.
>>
>>29162518
>She rests her hands on her knees, stretching out a large hand in greeting.
Wow. She must be a giant. How did she even fit in this barn.
>>
>>29162518
Right so about this Belle.....
>>
>>29162518
Would you be Ms.Belle? I have the antibiotics, and I was told someone needed a check up? Would that be you, the cows, or the young bull outside?
>>
>>29162518
Did you need the antibiotics to treat milk?
>>
>>29162518
Don't be a stranger. Shake her hoof - eeeer, hand. Shake her hand.
>>
>>29162630
>>29162985
>>29162979
>>29162958
>>29162876
>Ah, this must be that...something...Belle.
"Would you be Ms. Belle? I've got some antibiotics here for you,"
>You shake her hoof in greeting before passing her the brown package.
"and I was told there's a checkup to be done here. So would that be for the cows? You? That bull I met outside?"
>Those last two aren't so likely, considering that they could just go to the clinic...

>"Oh, Belle's my last name. Just call me Annie."
>She waves dismissively.
>"Those antibiotics are for the ladies here" she gestures to the dairy maids behind you "and that's what the checkup's for too."
>"One of ours has fallen sick lately, so I thought it'd be best to get it cured and call in someone to make sure it didn't spread."

>She gestures for you to follow her, and leads you just outside the barn, beside the doors.
>"Y'know, make sure the place is clean, that the others aren't getting milk fever or something."
>"Is there anywhere you'd like to look first? The last batch for the morning is finishing soon, and the rest are either waiting to go or relaxing."
>She points past the barn. From this angle you can see that there's another, smaller, building behind it, built like a dormitory from the looks of it.
>"There's a few milkmares coming in later, just so you know - but they don't need a checkup or anything, just the dairy cows."
>"And if you need to get anywhere, just let me know."

>Well then, time to inspect the facilities.
>You're hardly a trained dairy inspector, but then again they probably just need somepony to double check things.
>No need to call in the big guns if you've got no reason to.
>Its much easier keeping food clean when everyone can clean up after themselves.
>Though perhaps some questions are in order.
>>
>>29163298
Ask about the one that is sick? Symptoms?
>>
>>29163298
Do you know what's wrong? Does she feel faint? Did you notice a change in her diet?
>>
>>29163298
So miss Annie, what can you tell me?
>>
>>29163298
Good thing we have our handy dandy diagnostics spell.

>"One of ours has fallen sick lately, so I thought it'd be best to get it cured and call in someone to make sure it didn't spread."
>"There's a few milkmares coming in later, just so you know - but they don't need a checkup or anything, just the dairy cows."

Wait, so is it the one cow, or the dairy cows? We dealing with one or more?
>>
>>29163577
>>29163420
>>29163563
"So what can you tell my about the one who's sick? Her symptoms? Is she still eating right?"
>"Clara. Her udder's swollen and hard, with a fever for two days now. She isn't eating much of anything, and her milk's started to turn yellow."
>Annie points towards the dormitory-looking building behind the barn.
>"She's staying in her room now, and we bring her food so the others don't get sick too. I think its an udder infection."

>The minotaur cow places her hands on her hips and shakes her head slowly.
>"I always told her to wash herself properly before milking..."
>"She's not going anywhere, though. Would you mind checking out the rest of the place too? If you can."
>She gestures to the barn, then to the rest of the farm behind her. That bull's still working the soil, if the hat is any indication.
>"We've tried to keep things clean as best we can, but it doesn't hurt to have a second opinion."

>>29163613
Its the one cow that's sick, but she still wants you to check the others, just to be sure
>>
>>29163714
I suppose we can check on Clara later.
>>
>>29163714
I suppose we can spare some time for that.
>>
>>29163714
>You shake her hoof in greeting before passing her the brown package.
>The minotaur cow places her hands on her hips and shakes her head slowly.
????????
>hands
>hooves
>>
>>29163714
Hardly an expert beyond just basic cleanliness, but sure.

I think
>>
>>29163802
Yeah how hard is it to clean udders?
>>
>>29163714
I assume the milk maids know what to do with the antibiotics? If so let's focus on dairy cows, then move onto Clara. We're mostly here for their check up, but it would be a bonus if we could help.
>>
Here's something educational for yal
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastitis_in_dairy_cattle
Here's some scary shit that could happen to Clara.
>>
>>29163830
>>29163802
>>29163776
>>29163773
>You scratch the back of your neck.
"Eh...sure? Guess I can leave Clara for later. I'm hardly an expert outside of basic cleanliness, but guess I could clean udders..."
>"Oh, no need for that! We can take care of the cleaning ourselves - that's why I asked for these."
>Annie raises up the package you gave her.
>"Just have a look around the well and the milking stalls and wherever else you'd think is best."
>The minotaur begins telling you where the important locations are.

>The milking stalls are further into the barn, and from what she says the last few cows are just finishing up.
>The water tower is where they get most of their water from, drawn from the river. Though they also have a small old well that collects groundwater.
>Its located on the other side of the farm, past the gardens.
>Other than that they regularly clean out the gutters of all the buildings, though they occasionaly have problems with mice in the food stores. Ants too.
>The young bull from earlier, Terry - at least that's how you think its spelled - should be able to tell you more.
>>
>>29163945
Wish I knew more about cows. However more time with Terry sounds fun regardless, have him give us a tour and explain how the milking is done and how the equipment is maintained. That might be particularly entertaining anyhow.
>>
>>29163945
Let's go ask Terry for more information, then we can caste the diagnosticsame spell. Maybe it could tell us if there's a significant amount of bacteria in the water or stalls.
>>
>>29161189
>>
>>29165484
Bump
>>
So I made a list of who we can romance:
-Everyone
>>
>>29165509
>>
>>29167181
>>
>>29164076
>>29164167
>Wish you knew more about dairy farming...
>More info sounds most useful right now, so off to Terry you'll go. Maybe he'll give you a tour.
>Who knows, it might be fun hearing about how milking is done and how the equipment is kept...somehow.

>By the time you get back to the garden the bull's finished working, or at least taking a break.
>He's sitting on the fence, snacking on an apple. His hat stands on one of the posts, the tools strewn around him.
>A quick wave and holler gets his attention.
"Hello again! Terry, was it? I've agreed to help Annie make sure everything's clean, said you could tell me more about how this place is run."

>He waves back to you, taking swallowing a mouthful of apple.
>"Sure, just tell me what you wan-wait, what did you say my name was?"
"Uh...Terry?"
>He looks suspicious.
>"Uh huh. Spell it out for me, please?"
>>
>>29168674
Is that not his name? Spell it out to him. Ask if we got his name wrong.
>>
>>29168674

T-e-r-r-y? Is that right? If that's not right, let him know we are very sorry.
>>
>>29169050
>>29169097
>Hm? Is that not his name?
"T-E-R-R-Y. Is that right? I apologize if I got it wrong..."
>"E-R-R.."
>He mouths the letters out as you speak them, shaking his hooves at your appology.
>"No! No, Terry is fine. I'll be happy to tell you more, just let me keep these things..."
>He hops off the fence and begins piling his tools into the bucket, mostly-finished apple held in his mouth the whole time. He shakes the dirt off his hooves.
>"Right then, what did you want to know? But no grand tours of the farm, please. I'm no tour guide."
>>
>>29169280
Since we're dealing with possible udder infection, have him explain the milking process and the machinery used.
>>
>>29169280
This:
>>29169410
"I'm only looking for any process, locations or equipment used for milking and to check the storage and cleaning processes used with each."
>>
sorry, next update's taking a while. Busy with house stuff
>>
>>29169410
>>29169584
"Tell me about how the milking works."
>Since you're dealing with a likely udder infection, it'd be best to know how it could have happened.
"The processes, locations, equipment, storage, thigs like that."

>Terry nods along as you list out your requirements.
>"Okay, okay. Sure. Well first the milking almost always takes place in the barn over there-"
>He pauses to point at the rear end of the barn, the part you didn't get to see.
>"in the milking stalls. But I guess you already know about that...Come on then, I'll show you."
>The bull places the bucket of gardening tools by the fence and beckons for you to follow him. He keeps up the explanation on the way.

>"The ladies just wait their turn for a stall, and when its time they just hook themselves up and relax till they're done. Its pretty straightforward, really."
>When you reach the barn, he pulls open the large sliding door into the milking stalls proper, stepping aside to let you go in first.
>The inside isn't quite what you'd first expected.
>Firstly, its kinda dark, but Terry quickly fixes that with a flick of the switch by the door.
>If anything it looks more like a salon from the town's centre rather than a production facility. Metal pipes running through the rafters aside.
>There's a central table lined with reading material. You'd bet there could even be snacks laid out with the extra table space.
>A water dispenser sits to the side.
>Each stall is simple looking, but still comfy: wooden flooring with curtains for privacy, feeding troughs, some have hay piled up into a corner, others have rugs and cushions even.
>Not to mention the milking apparatus. There's the 4 suction cup types you'd expect cows to use, but you do spy one or two pieces fitted for two.
>>
>>29170228
>"Once they come in from the waiting room outside most of them grab something to read from the tables and put the milkers on."
>He taps his hoof on the metal boxes they're connected to.

>"When the milk comes out its stored in here before it gets pumped into Processing. So if we need to we could always drain it out from here."

>"This thing here" he taps on a glass jar between the suction cups and the pump "lets us check how the milk looks. For quality control."

>"When they feel like they're done they just switch off the pumps and head into the showers. Though everyone seems to just wash their udders, really." He points to a doorway at the back. The floor over there looks like its elevated, probably for drainage.

>"The suckers are cleaned every day, though we also have some mares coming in once in a while to sell any extra milk they have."
>>
>>29170234
Wow, the place is really well maintained.
Guess the problem lies within Clara.
>>
>>29170234
Do we have a blacklight spell?
>>
>>29170318
>>29170348
"Wow, looks like the place is really well maintained."
>Terry smiles slightly at the praise.
"Hey mind if a cast a spell? Just to check things."
>He shrugs and steps aside.
>"Go ahead, I'll wait here."

>Summoning up magic into your horn you cast a light spell.
>Not just any light, but a blacklight. Or UV light, to be scientific.
>Its not easy to produce a strong spot of light though, so you bend down close to have a clear look.
>Scanning the stalls - the milkers specifically, you...don't find anything.
>Though that's not saying much, its not like every type of bacteria glows after all.
>Perhaps the showers then?
>Or maybe its enough to just take a look at the water supply before moving onto Clara.
>You're not here to do a full inspection after all.

>"Uh, not to interrupt your bending over and all...but are you going to be looking around here long?"
>Turning around you find Terry looking right at you. He gestures off to the side.
>"Its just that there's going to be some others coming in later..."
>>
>>29170561
Check the suction cups since that's what comes into contact with the affected area. Also water and showers, in that order.
>>
>>29170561
Again, this:
>>29170784
Hm. Terry was checking us out. I'd like to try flirting with Terry, dunno what the other players think though.
>>
>>29170784
>>29171008
"Not much longer now, I just wanna take a closer look at something."
>The suction cups might be worth a closer look, considering that's what comes into contact with the udder.

>It seems mostly clean, except for the smell of fresh milk coming from inside - not surprising.
>When held up to the light, you can se a little bit of debris at the very bottom, dried up milk if you had to guess.
>You don't think trying to find traces of any germs will be useful. Its hardly a completely sterile operation, so there's no chance it'll be completely clean.
>Maybe the problem lied with Clara after all. Still, you do want to check out other things first.

"I'm going to take a look at the water and showers first."
>"Go ahead, though the water tower's ouside, if that's what you mean."

>As you walk across the room you share a split second of eye contact, not anything special, but its enough to make your mind wander slightly.
>Was he...checking you out earlier?
>Probably not, but you know what they say about intrusive thoughts.
>Can't say you're familiar with the feeling.
>In fact, you're not really sure how to feel about it at all.
>You've never really been looked at romantically far as you can remember, not that you've been paying attention, either.
>Flirting from you would either be adorably awkward, or downright terrible.

>The shower area looks pretty standard for the rest of the place: hardly the lap of luxury, but decent in its own right.
>Shower stalls with tiled floors line the far wall.
>Sinks opposite them, with benches in the centre of it all.
>You'd almost say it looks like a high school locker room, if not for the lack of lockers.
>Instead its hooks on the wall. Empty, though there is a hamper of folded towels in the corner.

>Turning on the faucet, you let some water run.
>Its clear, though you know better than to assume its completely safe to drink.
>There's no pungent odor or anything like that.
>>
>>29171105
>You walk into one of the stalls to test the showers next. The handle is sqeaky.
>It seems to be the same water wise, if the little bit of water you let through is any indication.
>Pretty cold though, perhaps the boiler's off, if they have one.
>You do notice some stains though, in the corners of the drains. But which shower doesn't?
>>
>>29171106
Is that just water? Guess we should take a closer look?
>>
>>29171105
He'd have absolutely no reason to check us out. We got off on the wrong hoof when we met him and something about his name irks him. If anything, We wants us to get the fuck out of here so he won't have to foalsit us anymore.

>>29171106
I'd like to check out that well. It might not be used much, but that could also mean it's poorly maintained.
>>
>>29173589
>>
>>29172801
>It looks like everything's all right here.
>You return to Terry and ask him to take you to the well.
>It might not be used often, but that also means its often not maintained.

>The well sits behind the farmhouse, towards the rear of the garden.
>As Terry walks you there you can't help but notice that the whole area looks slightly bigger than it did from the entrance.
>The building behind the barn is bigger than you'd expected for a place like this, it even has a yard area out front where you can see a few of the dairy cows relaxing in the breeze.
>But with the amount of cows that live here, it seems lik-

>"What's it like working as a doctor's assistant?"
"Huh?"
>"Working in the clinic - how's it like?"
>Well that's a surprise. You'd thought farm hands tended to be those strong, silent types. Not interested in small talk.
>>
>>29175326
It's a pleasant experience I guess. Pays peanuts, but the value of the knowledge I gain balances out my meager pay.
I seek to be a doctor in my own right someday.
>>
>>29175326
Busy, sometimes
>>
>>29175500
>>29175428
"It isn't too bad, busy, sometimes. Doesn't pay much, but the things I learn make up for it."
>A bit of pride creeps into your voice.
>You've worked hard to get what you wanted, and while you're not in the exact same place you thought you'd be, you're happy enough with what you have now.
"I hope I can be a real doctor someday, though."

>"That's good, I guess."
>A moment passes as you walk in silence.
>"Did you come from outside town, then? From Equestria? I've...always wanted to see more of the world. Unfortunately, I spent most of my money setting up here in Anima."
>"I hope I'll save enough to travel again, or maybe I'll just buy a house here. The place has grown on me some."
>The bull stops, pointing straight ahead.

>"Anyway, we're here."
>The well is...a well.
>Made of stone, its just a hole in the ground, with a simple wooden roof to hold the rope and pulley.
>A large bucket sits nearby, overturned.
>Looking, as Belle said, unused for quite some time.
>>
>>29175857
>unused for quite some time.
Would that not rule it out as a cause/source?
I guess we could still check it out though, since we're here. See what the eater's like and all.
>>
>>29176104
>Disuse would rule it out as a risk, then. As long as they keep it clean.
>Might as well check it out anyways since you're here.

>Peering down the well is nothing but inky blackness, the faintest shimmer of water at the bottom.
>Its actually not too far down, all things considered. The time alone must've allowed the water level to rise.
>But it doesn't smell too clean, and if your ears are hearing right there are some insects around.
>The water is too far away to touch, but if you had to guess it would be cool and clear, like the rest you've seen.

>Perhaps its time to go check on Clara then?
>Your bull companion is a few paces away, leaning on a fence post.
>>
>>29176530
Let's go check on Clara, we've delayed long enough.
>>
>>29176546
Agreed.
>>
>>29176546
>>29176577
>Better go check on the sick cow now, you've delayed long enough.
>Terry leads you to the dormitory and opens the door for you.

>"Her room is upstairs, right at the end of the hall."
>The inside's pretty comfy for a dormitory.
>A few cows sit in the living room, playing a board game.
>You can see what seems to be a dining table off behind that, but that's not what you're here for.
>The stairs off to the side lead you upstairs, to the cow's bedrooms.

>The hallway isn't long, holding about four, five pairs of rooms a side.
>Right at the end, Terry raps his hoof on the door twice before opening it.
>"Clara! A pony from the clinic is here to take a look at you, check on how you're doing."

>The inside of the room, like most houses in Anima, is pretty comfy.
>By that, you mean small.
>A metal framed bunk bed sits on the right, the window opposite letting in the sun's light.
>Clara sits right by it. She closes her book and waves at you in greeting.

>"Hello, Doctor!"
>For a sick cow, her voice is awfully cheery.
>You spy the package of medicine you delivered sitting on the dresser, already opened.
>Belle must've already administered her medication. Good.

Pausing here.
Now with my schedule I'll only really be able to run again next weekend, so Fri and Sat for most of you
>>
File: 298512-56118-preview.jpg (62KB, 900x572px) Image search: [Google]
298512-56118-preview.jpg
62KB, 900x572px
>>29177777
>>
>>29177777
W A S T E D
A
S
T
E
D
>>
>>29177777
also a bump
>>
How does the quest seem so far?
>>
>>29180806
No complaints on my end. It is well structured, fun, and doesn't feel like it is on rails. I commend you for keeping it up this frequently. Also, tasteful gay MC is refreshing.
>>
>>29180806
It's interesting, though admittedly I'm out of my element when it comes to the Diagnose This Disease phases.
>>
>>29179930
>>
>>29181426
>tasteful gay MC
How so?
>>
>>29181426
I don't think we've actually established a preference for the MC. I've been leaning toward gay, one other has too, but I don't think it's ever been hammered down.
>>29188365
Right, I think it's still up in the air, officially.
>>
>>29181426
>>29188365
>>29191034
The Qm does have a history of running quests with gay MCs.
>>
>>29191659
I also recall from the description that we're a tad mare-like in build, so that's probably at least a clue. In that case I still say we should jump all over Terry.
>>
>>29191791
You sure that wasn't just some other anon? I don't really remember Heart being described outside of colors and coat pattern
>>
>>29192695
I could be wrong, but I thought he was described as a bit big in the rear.
>>
>>29191791
>not finding more time to spend with Swift
>>
>>29193455
Swift is nice too of course. But Terry's a bull, how often has that happened in a cyoa?
>>
>>29176878
Let's introduce ourself to the nice cow. State that we're here to check on her.
>"I've been told that you might be coming down with something. Do you have any clue as to what?"
>>
>>29176878
Finally! I'm up to date with the quest.
>>
>>29196688
>>
>>29197606
>>
>>29198350
9. Are we waiting for something?
>>
>>29199682
10 bump
>>
>>29201800
>>
>>29202623
>>
>>29204045
>>
>>29104732
>>
>>29204045
Dicks
>>
>...
>Well don't just stand there, introduce yourself!
"Hello! Yes. My name's Heart Beat, from Doctor Pill's clinic. I was told you'd come down with something, any clue as to what it could be?"

>Clara's face looks momentarily pensive, considering her answer with the utmost sincerity.
>The moment's pause is enough for you to make your own observations, too.
>Her udder, like all lactating dairy cows, isn't hard to miss.
>Pink and large, it differs from the typical udder in its redness, centered around the teats especially.
>Much more red that what would be considered healthy.

>"A few days ago I noticed my udder was feeling...harder. Not as soft as it usually is."
>She presses her hoof onto her udder slightly. It looks like it doesn't go very far before meeting resistance.
>"Then it started turning red, and I noticed my milk turned yellow! Oh, I was so worried for my calf when Annie told me it could be mastitis!"
>Clara's jolly voice gives you the impression that her worry isn't much of one anymore.
>"As my own mother always said: If you get mastitis you udder'd fall off!" She chuckles.

>"Our usual Doctor is away for something, so she had to find a new one." Terry interjects.
>"That's right," she nods "but even if it is mastitis, I'm not worrying anymore, there's medicine for it now. So thank you for that, dearie."
>>
>>29210891
Check her temperature and ask about her appetite.
>>
>>29210891
Well, your symptoms do seem to match up with mastitis...
As for what might have caused it, your milking areas seemed pretty clean. Maybe you sat or laid on something dirty just after milking?
>>
>>29211004
>>29211377
"Its no trouble. Mind if I take your temperature?"
>She nods as you place your hoof on her forehead, then on her udder.
>Its quite warm, much more so on the udder, as you'd expect. Matches up with what Belle said about her fever.

"How have you been eating, then?"
>"Not as much as I used to...my appetite's just not been there these last few days.

>Well, her symptoms do match up with udder infection...
>But the treatment is already there, sitting on the table.
>So there's not much else left to do, is there?

"Your symptoms do seem to match up with mastitis...though I'm curious to know what might've caused it. Your milking parlour seemed pretty clean. Perhaps you laid on somthing dirty sometime after that?"
>"Maybe." Clara shrugs. "I don't really bathe again after the last milking of the day, there's a shower right there after all."
>"I don't really remember what it could've been, honestly..."

>Well, at the very least it seems she'll need to be more careful with what she comes into contact with, and how often she cleans herself.
>>
>>29211589
Can't think of anything else to do here so how about we head back, hopefully before noon.
>>
>>29211589
Do tell her to clean herself more often before leaving though.
>>
>>29212400
>>29211708
>With that done it seems like you'd best head back.
"Well whatever it was, I'm sure you'll make sure to clean yourself more often..."
>"Of course," she nods "the least I can do is keep it from getting worse!"
>And with that, your business is done here.

>Back outside, Terry accompanies you on his way to the garden.
>You see a small group of pregnant mares coming in from the gate, with Annie is leading them to the barn. Their milkmare appointment, you recall.
>>"Hired another farm hoof, Annie? This one looks just as handsome as the last one..." you hear one of them say as they pass.
>"Ugh, midday already? I better prep the milkers..." You hear him mutter as he peels off towards the barn.
>>
>>29212573
It's midday, we should hurry back as quickly as possible.
>>
>>29212573
Right, this should have been the last stop
>>
>>29213169
Beg for mercy.
Explain that we were asked to spend some time checking the milking stalls etc etc.
>>
>>29212722
>>29212806
"...midday?"
>Shit, better hurry back!

>You make your way back into town as fast as you can.
>Legs thumping on the dirt, then the cobblestones as you gallop.
>What you'd give to know how to teleport...

>You can't keep up the sprint for long though, you're no Zebra...
>But you do make it back to the clinic in time to see the last patient for the morning leave.
>Doc Pill is waiting there, sitting at the desk.

>"Ah, Heart. There you are..."
>He points at the wall, clock reading a quarter to one.
>"You're late."

typo
>>
>>29213253
Perhaps you're the one that is late!
>>29213242
Yeah
>>
>>29213242
>>29213375
>uh oh. You know that voice.
"Oh, well y'see Doc I was just asked to spend some time checking out the milking stalls and checking the farm, so..."

>He shakes his head, clicking his tongue in disapproval.
"You know that's no excuse. A doctor can't be late to any appointment. What if an emergency happens that only you can help with?"
>Doc Pill steps out from behind the counter. Welp, time to beg for mercy.
"Or if there's a complication with a patient? You should know better than-"

"I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY!"
>"Hea-"
"IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN I SWEAR"
>"Heart Beat, y-"
>uh oh, it isn't working. Time to change tactics.
"MAYBE YOU'RE THE ONE THAT'S LATE! D-"

>A magical aura clamps your mouth closed, the rest of your protests sounding as nothing more than muffled.
>"Right. Now enough of that."
>Doc Pill walks right up to you, speaking slowly and clearly, like how one speaks to foals.
>"Now I'm going to ask you a question, and when I let go I expect an answer."
>He doesn't wait for your response.
>"Tell me what you found out during your errands today."
>The old stallion sits down on one of the waiting chairs, legs crossed.
>"Start with Hard Chisel. What was his illness? What did you treat it with?"
>>
>>29213446
Seemed to just be a bit of magic exhaustion. Taking it easy for a while (though I don't know that he really will) and some over the counter drugs.
>>
>>29213446
Let's explain his symptoms first, note that his magic stores seems to be lower than usual and how it takes longer to regenerate his magic, also tell Doctor Pill about Chisel's change in eating and sleeping behavior.
Symptoms doesn't match with anything we know of, so we told him to take it easy for now.
>>
>>29213522
>>29213546
>You feel Doc Pill's magic grip fade from your muzzle.
>...right. calm now.
>Should start with symptoms first.

"Hard Chisel seemed to have magic exhaustion, from what I could see. He had migranes, lethargy, increased appetite, his magic seemed...weaker, too. It took longer than average for his reserves to fill up, and they were pretty low, too."
"It didn't seem to be a hard match for anything I know for sure, so I just told him to take it easy for a while...though I doubt he'd follow that instruction."

>"Did you tell his cousin that, then?"
"Yes. It seemed like Hardwood wouldn't have too much trouble getting Chisel to listen to him. I also told him that if the migranes got worse, he should go to the drugstore for some drugs over the counter. Like asprin."
>"Asprin? That's all? What if Chisel is allergic to asprin? I know you'd have said more than that."
>>
>>29213646
We did also said he could get acetaminophen, ibuprofen, or caffeine medicine. But if he's allergic to aspirin... his cousin wouldn't know....
Did we fuck up?
>>
>>29213646
Uhhh, if he's not better within a week he should stop by the clinic?
>>
>>29213646
He ought to know what he's allergic to, you'd think. "It just looked like overwork, so I told him to take it easy and take headache meds for now."
>>
>>29213709
>>29213719
>>29213753
"Uhh...acetaminophen, ibuprofen, or caffeine. He'd know what he's allergic to, I'm sure, so I just gave him a list of headache meds."
>"And..?"
"And...and if he's not better in a week he should stop by the clinic?"

>Doc Pill's expression is unreadable.
>But after what feels like forever under the scrutiny of his gaze, he speaks.
>"Congratulations. You pass." He says dryly.

>"Now, what about the Post Office delivery? Extracts of Croca flower and Cherry seeds. Know what they're for?"

Pausing here, see you tomorrow
>>
>>29213773
No good handle on it but I'd venture a guess... Arthritis?
>>
>>29213773
Is a croca flower a real thing?
>>
>>29216107
Did you not read the older posts when heart beat was at the post office
>>
>>29137298
>>29142041

>>29213773
Maybe we should've stuck around a little longer to ask what they had planned for the flowers and seeds.
>>
>>29216529
Must've missed it.
>>
>>29216617
>>
>>29213790
>>29216107
>Uhh...don't have a good idea of that one...
>Is croca flower even a real thing?
>It should be, you delivered it!

"I'm not so sure, but...they're for arthritis?
>"Arthritis!?"
>Doc Pill angrily boops your nose.
>"When have you ever seen an old pony suffering from arthritis getting cherry seed extract? Or flowers? Of any kind?"
>"Croca flowers and Cherry seeds work for most ponies as an a-ah, nevermind."
>He sighs, catching himself mid sentence.
>"You should look it up yourself. Won't learn anything if I give all the answers, now do I?"

>"Nevermind, last one. What did you find out at the dairy farm? You've spent quite a while there, clearly."
>>
>>29219289
A...a what? Aphrodisiac?
>>
>>29219289
Last one? I don't know...I clearly remember delivering four packages today. Since when have you been running the zebra herb business? Being a doctor not as profitable as it used to be?
>>
>>29219410
you fucking kidding me? We were just there.
>>
>>29219289
Well one of the cows had Mastitis, but the package we delivered was to treat that.
>>
>>29219463
What do you mean? I'm teasing our sensei.
>>
>>29219357
>>29219410
>>29219474
>A...what? Aphrodisiac?
>Whatever. There'll be time to look it up later.

"Well, one of the cows there had a mild case of mastitis, but that package of antibiotics was to treat that."
>There is one thing you've been meaning to say...
"Though I remember there being four packages today. I didn't know you traded in Zebrican herbs. Is it more profitable or something?"
>"Not everything I send you on is a learning experience. No, that was actually just an errand." He grumbles.

>"Is that all? How did you find that out? Where do you think the infection came from?" Doc Pill inquires further.
>>
>>29219527
Most likely from a lack of self care from the patient.
>>
>>29219527
I closely inspected the milking station and their water supply, but there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Besides, only one of the cows got sick so I deduced it simple lack of self care from the patient.
>>
>>29219592
yep
>>
>>29219562
>>29219592
>>29219602
"I inspected the milking parlour and their water supplies, but there really didn't seem to be anything wrong with those. So I figured it was just a lack of hygene from the patient, since only one of the cows got sick."

>Doc Pill nods along with your explanation.
>"Right. And there was nothing else at all? No dubious milking practice, no signs of insect or wild animal infestation?"
"Er, none that I could see in my short time there."
>"Very well. Lunch hour's halfway done, so I suggest you get some food before the afternoon patients come in."

>Thankfully, the clinic's usually much less crowded in the afternoons.
>Though not this time. A small outbreak of the common cold came in, passengers from a passing ship no doubt.
>Sea voyages are great breeding grounds for disease. Cramped, warm, moist environments...its a wonder you don't see more fungal infections from them.
>...probably because you're not too close to the docks.

>As your routine winds down for the day, fewer and fewer patients start coming in.
>Less for you to deal with too. Doc Pill doesn't take care of all the patients, not with you around.
>Wrapping up the bandages for a dock worker mare who got herself injured - they really should be more careful moving heavy things - the Doctor flips the sign on the door over to "closed" meaning the end of the day.

>And with that, you've got a few hours of free time to yourself before its time to sleep.
>Maybe you should go outside this time?
>Go see a pony?
>Visit a place?
>>
>>29219715
We could always update our personal book *cough cough cough QM cough* and our knowledge on all things medical related.
>>
>>29219715
We could go hang with Swift if he's free.
>>
>>29219715
When's that cute daughter of that shop keeper gonna come over?
>>
>>29219715
>Go see a pony?
Who's there to see? Who can we visit? The only pony we the players can see with reason is our bat pony friend Swift. If we want too.
>>
>>29219715
The farm with the milk mares was kind of hot.
>>
>>29219715
Clearly we should look up what those flowers and seeds are for.
>>
>>29219715
Go hang out with Swift.
>>
>>29219742
>>29219941
>Free time was always a bit of a toughie to decide on.
>You don't know very many ponies, save for Swift.
>But you don't really know where he lives.
>There's always a chance you'd bump into him somehow...its how you met up the first few times.

>Your mind wanders to some of the other faces in recent memory.
>That shopkeeper's daughter?
>Who you still don't know the name of, mind you.
>Belle's dairy farm?
>It would be a little strange to go up to her or Terry to say "I've got a few hours free, wanna hang out?" at the very least.
>...damn, you need some more friends.

>Well that leaves one other option, for now.
>There's always reading.

>You make your way to the local bookstore, thankfully still open at this time of day.
>Modestly sized for its location, it has shelves stacked fully with books, and some on the floor, too.
>Postcards and new arrivals from who knows where are on display at the front windows.
>Its empty right now, save for the clerk who was dozing off till you opened the door.
>A pegasus mare or something, you didn't really pay attention.

>You know what you're looking for.
>The question is, where do you start?
>>
>>29220090
Let's look for a book with novelty spells. Flash and fun and requires little practice and understanding or the Arcane arts.
>>
>>29220090
See if there is anything that can distinguist what genre of books belongs where. If there is non, kindly ask the shop shop clerk where you kind find medical books.
>>
>>29220090
The teleport spell would be really fucking useful to learn.
>>
>>29220147
Oh yeah, that would be useful.
>>
>>29220090
Maybe the mare can be our friend if we come here more often.
>>
The doc wasn't too pleased with our work today. Let's study. Find a book on identifying wild plants (it's less potentially embarrassing than WHERE IS YOUR BOOK ON BONER PLANTS). Also, is there anything we can do to review the mastitis situation? Would they have related books, or do we have the text at home?
>>
>>29220090
Look for grimoires. Some more medicine or utility spells like the Diagnostics spell sure would be useful. Or look or medical textbooks. Or maybe both if we have the bits to afford both.
>>
Reviewing the day:

>>29131179
>A look flashes across his face for a split second, but quickly returns to normal.

Hm. Nothing more to do with this RIGHT NOW, but keep an ear out. He may know more about his condition than he was willing to admit, and if he doesn't get better on his own, we may need to pry.

>>29168674
>"Sure, just tell me what you wan-wait, what did you say my name was?"

Not medical-related, but maybe consider a way to find out why he reacted so oddly.

>>29212573
>"Hired another farm hoof, Annie? This one looks just as handsome as the last one..." you hear one of them say as they pass.
>"Ugh, midday already? I better prep the milkers..." You hear him mutter as he peels off towards the barn.

It might be a good idea to check that the milkmares are using the equipment properly, in case there's cross-contamination going on. Also, 'the last one' didn't happen to quit just recently, did he? Maybe he wasn't as fastidious as Terry. (We did check that Terry's fastidious, right?)
>>
>>29220418
Maybe, Hard is actually.....a changeling!

And those milk mares though. We should volunteer at the farm.
>>
>>29220090
Is the pegasus pretty?
>>
>>29220119
>>29220130
>>29220147
>>29220354
>First things first, need to find a way to sort out the genres.
>Thankfully, there are signs posted on the top of the shelves that do just that.
>Crime, romance, adventure...all fiction for the front shelves, you see.
>Easy enough to find out where the rest are...

"Ahem, excuse me, do you have any medical textbooks? Or spellbooks?"
>The mare points towards the rear of the store, of course the more technical ones would be there.
>"Non fiction books are in the back. Spellbooks though...there might be one or two here? Don't expect much though, this is no Royal Canterlot Academy." She shrugs, flicking a piece of her green mane out from her vision.

>At least it isn't nothing...well, better check them out.
>The rear of the shop holds some of what you're looking for.
>First aid, beginner's guide to birdwatching, Starting your own garden...

>...
>...

>what's this?
>'Joke spells for foals - light, sound, and other basic spells to entertain your foal.'
>Ah, this must be what the clerk was talking about.
>Eh...doubt that's too useful to you.

>Perhaps a more focused search would bear fruit.
>>
>>29220628
Looking after a foal while their parent is seeing the doctor can happen.
>>
>>29220628
Ah, some simple to learn cantrio I see. These could be fun. This seems like something common so it shouldn't cost too much, at least less then any other spell book.
>>
>>29220628
I don't think we need the first aid book unless we want a reference or to freshen our memory. Maybe if they had something a little more advanced though.
>>
>>29220628
The gardening one sounds fun, but we don't have the space to start our own garden do we?
>>
>>29220677
>>29220767
>>29220774
>>29220780
>Gardening sounds useful, but you don't really have the space.
>First aid isn't helpful at all ouside of a refresher, but you're sure Doc Pill has some lying around for that.

>Well, if nothing else, knowing how to entertain foals would be useful if the opportunity comes.
>Sometimes parents bring their foals to the clinic...not that you've seen any, but it could happen!

>Taking a quick browse through the book you find one spell in particular that could be easy enough to learn.
>It is...shooting sparkles out of your horn.
>Being a variation of a light spell, it isn't that hard to remember.
>Too bad there doesn't seem to be anything more advanced here.

>Glancing around you place the book back onto the shelf, looking for any other titles that catch your eye.
>"101 ridiculous ways to die" - must be out of place, it seems to be a humor book.
>"Courtship rituals of the pony races" - So this bookstore has THAT kind of section too, you find.
>"Hamlet" - a piece of minotaur literature, the title gives it away.

>One more book catches your eye. Its got a very familiar title, too.
>"A manual of diseases and how to cure them." By Prof. Healing Word.
>Heh, guess you shouldn't be too surprised you've found a copy of your book here.

>The sound of hoofsteps takes your attention for a moment. An orange glow appears from outside your vision.
>The clerk must be checking the lamps, you guess.

Keep checking out the books?
>>
>>29221144
Might be worth it to keep checking the books, quickly though.
>>
pause here
>>
>>29221144
Pick a book soon. No one likes it when they have to deal with "that last customer."
>>
>>29221144
Get the "Courtship rituals of the pony races." Don't judge a book by its cover.
>>
>>29221488
Seconding this.
Wonder what the bat pony section is like.
>>
>>29221144
>>29221673
Don't particularly care on the application. Might be worth a laugh.
Could also bring some insight of the culture in the past.
>>
File: wow.gif (312KB, 1346x674px) Image search: [Google]
wow.gif
312KB, 1346x674px
Coincidence? I think not!
>>
>>29222347
>>
>>29223007
wat
>>
>>
>>29221144
>An orange glow appears from outside your vision.
Isn't the store clerk a pegasus? Eh, probably just enother worker.
>>
>>29226050
Could be the color of the lamps
>>
>>29227069
>>
>>29227069
Are you implying that the library has amber lamps?
>>
>>29232998
>>
beb
>>
>>29230954
'Cuz nobody's even wounded around here.
>>
>>29232998
>>
>>29240406
RIP QM
>>
>>29242799
He'll be back on Saturday and Sunday.
>>
>>29243542
so we bump or...?
>>
>>29245339
We hold hooves and bump.
>>
>>29245928
/)(\
>>
So I take it the next choice is taking the book about pony romance and looking for the bat pony section?

2 days till session
>>
>>29247991
Yes for taking the book. I want to check of the how griffins romance each other l.
>>
>>29248008
>>
>>29247991
>bat pony section
Curious if there are any books about their culture.
>>
Any (non spoiler) questions about the quest I can answer?
>>
>>29250768
What can you tell us about Dr.Pill?
>>
>>29250768
Are changelings a thing in this cyoa? Are they a myth? Average citizen? Hostile "country?"
>>
>>29247010
lewd
>>
>>29251315
He's an old unicorn, came to town in a few years ago, when it was just starting up. For reasons

>>29251322
They exist, probably. As for their hostility, it depends.
>>
>>29253700
>They exist, probably.
Ah, so changelings are more myth then. People kind of know of them, but that's mostly from foals tales and horror novels.
>>
>>29253700
How will Heart Beat become a doctor? Is it some apprenticeship with Pill? Go to a university? Magic? Is he just content with being an assistant?
>>
>>29253700
What would be the chances of meeting the mare we met at the bar again? We suggested that their family (and maybe the father?) come on by to the clinic to recieve their vaccinesite. What's the chances we'll see them when we'return working at the clinic?
>>
>>29254381
>>
>>29255337
>>
>>29254369
That depends on many things. Player input being one of them.

>>29254381
The chances exist
>>
>>29256507
What are our chances to romance a changeling?
>>
>>29257476
Bump
>>
>>29256507
How much are we paid? Hourly? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? Quarterly?
>>
>>29256507
Do we have a savings or checking account?
How much for a small apartment on this island?
>>
>>29221182
>>29221285
>>29221488
>>29221673
>>29222347
>If the lamps are coming on, than that must mean the sun's setting.
>Given how late it is, you don't want to be /that/ customer.
>Quickly, you grab one of the books you've noted and open up a random page. The least you can do is find a book worth buying, or get out soon.

>Surprise, surprise. The title in your hooves is none other than the one about pony culture.
>A particular piece of pony culture, at that.
>And for its content, it seems detailed enough to count as a history textbook.

>"Earth ponies have the most informal of romances, usually meeting at one of their many extended family gatherings, town parties, or other large events. As interwined as the roots of a forest so are the connections in an Earth pony family."
>"The fruit cake is a traditional Bat pony wedding gift, akin to the bread toasters seen in many Canterlot weddings. However unlike more common fruitcakes, Bat Pony recipies use fresher fruits."

>...
>Oh look, there's even a note hidden in the pages!
>"Never meet a rock farmer's parents unless planning commitment."
>...You never knew rocks were grown.

>At any rate, while the bookstore likely isn't going to close immediately, it surely isn't going to stay late just for you.
>Perhaps it might be worth taking another book to glance at.
>You don't have much use for a book like this one right now. Not like you know many ponies.
>Its not like you can't just ask for these customs from a pony directly either.
>>
>>29260708
Well we can continue browsing another day. Let's leave so they can close up shop early.
>>
>>29260708
I guess we're done here. Is there anything else to do or are we going to bed early?
>>
>>29260708
Do we have any books at home to read?
>>
>>29260772
>>29261036
>>29261070
>All things considered...its probably a better idea to browse another day.
>The clerk probably needs to eat, too.

>Placing the book back on the shelf you turn around and head back out.
>The mare gives you a nod and smile as you leave, and you return the gesture.
>Outside, the night has begin to come in properly, the sky is darkening with the sun's orange light clearly staining the western sky.
>Residents of all kinds are still roaming the streets though, its not late enough for the more nocturnal inhabitants of Anima come out yet.

>Still, a shred of wanting remains. You wouldn't have minded more time to read a little bit.
>There's always the option of going back early and reading the books on your shelf...though it wouldn't be anything new to you.

>Carts of all kinds begin setting up on the streets as you walk.
>Its technically not illegal to run services streetside here. Outside of the main marketplace, that is.
>Night roamers are setting up stalls while others open during the day are closing down.

>But food still sells well, no matter the town.
>Griffish skewers, roast vegetables and pies, Zebrican flatbreads, if there's one thing that a culture always brings with them when they move its their food.
>And in Anima, if you want it you can probably find it.
>The smells aren't half bad either.
>Perhaps you chould sit down for a proper meal this time...you've got 20 in your coin pouch, and ouside of breakfast and the mid-morning bagel, you haven't had much to eat.

>Still, its a little early for dinnertime by most accounts. Maybe you'd better find something else to do first?
>>
>>29261288
Well we could, maybe wander around the island. Return the clinic to grab a cloak or jacket? You know, explore a little, take in the atmosphere, the smells, the people.
>>
>>29261288
Do some wandering.
>>
>>29261288
Do some grocery shopping? It's cheaper to make our own food. Poor unicorn semi-doctor.
>>
Sorry this post is taking so long, getting food
>>
>>29261288
I'm thinking go get groceries too. Unless we know a good social spot like a nightclub.
>>
>>29261328
>>29261335
>>29261372
>>29261854
>You think tonight's a good night to wander around the island a bit.
>Maybe you could do some grocery shopping, even!
>...most food markets only open in the morning, though.

>You'd go back to the clinic to grab a coat for the evening winds, but you don't really own one.
>But you do spy one solution.

>Ahead of you, right at the edge of the centre of town, is a fruit stall.
>A bat pony pair is setting up, placing many different fruits on display.
>Apples, oranges, pears - but more exotic fruits too. You recognize their smells.
>Bananas, durians, melons, and even a pallet of cherries.

>No other groceries in this part of town, sadly.
>Street food dominates the menu in this part of town.
>But there's always another district to explore.

>The Griffish part of town is mostly winding down at this time of day, as are the pony and zebra districts.
>Food and drink are the only things people stay up for, mostly.
>Though you could always go to the docks.
>Chances of finding an Inn or even more food vendors for cheap are higher there.
>You're not too sure about the Minotaur and Bat pony areas of town though.

>Surely business would be just picking up for the Bat ponies, nocturnal as most of them are.
>But you've never really set foot in all of their 'territory'. You do know that some of them - the Northern types at least, in a cave network under the town. With entrances all over.
>You've even heard rumors that Changelings share the tunnels with them.
>Its not impossible, but a little too far just to for raw foods, no?

Sorry for the short session, but I'm gonna stop here for the night. Kinda busy this month
>>
>>29262054
That fruit stall sounds good, ask which of the fruits is locally produced? Most, if not all of them, are probably imported.
>>
>>29262054
Life and learn as they say. Let's check out those tunnels.
>>
>>29262275
Sorry. Live and learn.
>>
>>29262054
As in all adventures, tunnels should be fun. Let's check 'em out!
>>
>>29262054
>Its not impossible, but a little too far just to for raw foods, no?
We don't have to deal with evening chilly winds if we head for the tunnels.
I propose we go to the bat pony couple and ask them about any tunnels near the docks and the crops grown on the island so we can buy them later during the day, maybe buy a few choice fruits from them too.
Then we head to the docks for the cheap food. Then too the tunnels!
Thread posts: 397
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.