[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do No Harm(CYOA) - #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 9

File: BGtransparant.png (325KB, 1063x752px) Image search: [Google]
BGtransparant.png
325KB, 1063x752px
>"Primum non nocere"...First do no harm.
>That's one of the few things you've remembered since foalhood.
>Medicine always interested you. Whether to help others or to simply figure out the puzzle that

is a sick pony is a question for another time.
>You even know the whole Hoofocratic Oath!

>Respect the physicians before you, and share your knowledge with the ones after you
>Do whatever is necesary to help the sick
>Be nice
>Don't be arrogant
>Don't blab about patients
>Patients have feelings too
>Prevention is better than cure
>Helping the healthy is important too

>Well...you think that's the gist of it, at least. You didn't really have any chance at medical school where you came from, but you did have books. One in particular has been with you for years.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u2OICm76s2Dn9lGlxiJxMsGf_LIFqHfd7T57899kJ-U/edit?usp=sharing

>You're doing what you can, though!
>Apprenticing under a real doctor in a real clinic, owned by an old unicorn named Bitter Pill. Its no formal education, but having a teacher is the next best thing.

>And hey, in a place like Anima, they need all the extra medical help they can get.
>Built atop an island in the middle of a river, on the frontier of two nations, Equestria and Griffin.
>The river bring trade, the central island makes for fertile farmland, and the trees growing along the banks make for decent logging. Just as well, because there isn't too much else once you get out far enough.
>Mountains to the north on one side of the river, dense forests on the other. The ocean lies to the south, far down the river, and rocky plains cover the rest. There's a lake though! But its pretty empty.

1/2
>>
>>29081211
>The whole thing has become a sort of trade hub, a neutral ground, bringing in not just Gryphons and Ponies, but all other kinds of races too. Every day a new boat comes in, and with them new things and new peoples.
>They've all set up their own areas around town too. Little slices of home all the way out on the frontier.

>But see, Anima has a kind of sickness problem. Not an epidemic, its just not a very healthy place, yeah?
>Hoof rot, The Trots, you've even heard rumors of Scrapie going around the docks once.
>There's a few medical professionals around town, but clinics like yours are rare. With so much traffic there just isn't enough to handle it all, disregarding the fact that the town drinks from their toilet.
>Your clinic in particular sits on the main island, on a street a few turns off the central marketplace.

>Sometimes you wonder how small places like yours could ever manage to handle them all.
>But then you remember that running a clinic costs money, and medicines take quite a lot of cash to move in from one of the larger cities.
>Ah well, you're just one pony, but you do what you can.

What kind of pony are you?

2/2
>>
>>29081227
Unicorn. Magic means we can examine patients without touching them and avoid infections.
>>
>>29081227
My vote is for hornhead.
Don't want to make the doctoring too hard on ourselves.
>>
>>29081227
erf
>>
>>29081227
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZlkY9Sh1dE
Hornhead all the way. Magic = Precision.
>>
>>29081304
>>29081305
pussies
>>
>>29081314
>Wanting to contract a disease and die

Lmaoing @ ur life choices
>>
File: file.png (13KB, 187x169px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
13KB, 187x169px
>>29081227
>>
>>29081227
Horn
>>
>>29081227
Another vote for erf.
>>
>>29081359
I don't fuckin' know...
Heart Beat
Red heart with a medical cross in it as cutie mark.
Feel free to change it if it's shit.
>>
>>29081447
Nevermind, I'll just leave the name and other stuff for alter then
>>
>>29081447
Eh, fuck it. Sounds good! Not like I can think of anything better.
>>
>>29081455
What was the deleted post? I left to have dinner and I must have missed some character generation.

>>29081447
I like the name but isn't there already a pony with that mark? How about a heart with the EKG line over it. It fits with Heart Beat better.
>>
>>29081628
Its just me asking for a name.

Post is taking a while.
>>
File: arrhythmia.png (318KB, 1024x1502px) Image search: [Google]
arrhythmia.png
318KB, 1024x1502px
>>29081628
I wouldn't know if the medical cross butt mark is already taken. But I do know that the EKG line is. But if you wanna go with it then It's fine.
>>
>>29081304
>>29081305
>>29081327
>>29081334
>Being a Unicorn has made your work a little easier than it could have been, you would say.
>Perhaps you can't easily tell the kind of infection a patient has from a few whiffs or massage out kinks in a pony's magic network in minutes, but you have a horn! And that means spells.
>Nothing grandiose like resurrecting the dead, or curing plagues though. You don't even think fully fledged mages can do that.
>No, just diagnostic and utility spells and telekinesis for you. Regular unicorn stuff.

>"Your hoof would stop aching if you'd just stop trying to 'help out' when you're injured, I'm sure your family can do fine with one less helping out. You'll get arthritis in no time if you keep this up." Your mentor's calm Trottingham accent brings you out of your monologue. "Or not, one less old mare isn't going to hurt their work that much..." He mutters. But you're sure the patient heard at least some of that.
>Doc Pill doesn't exactly have the nicest bedside manner.

>"Give out Mrs. Wood's medication, I need to handle the next patient." He instructs you before walking off into his office.
>"NEXT!"
>The yell startles the Griffon dozing in the waiting chairs, a dock worker by the looks of it, nearly falling off with a yelp. He sheepishly looks around before heading through the door. The last patient of the day too.

>You slide your chair over to the counter, and measure out the lumberjack's medication.
>Caprofen, TID, PO, 2 weeks
"Mrs Apple Wood? Take these three times a day after food, and be sure to keep off the heavy work till your back stops aching."
>The older mare walks up to the counter, hoofing over a small bag of bits in payment.
>"Now why can't he have just said that? With an attitude like that its a wonder how he stays in business." She huffs.
>"I don't know how how you manage to put up with him...er, what was your name again?"

Cutie mark too, I suppose. Not that its really important right now
>>
>>29081691
See:
>>29081447
>>29081490
>>29081628
I guess.
>>
>>29081691
>>29081719
https://youtu.be/2tUcE10yZ9I
>>
"Heart Beat, ma'am."
>You also know for a fact that you've got a very fitting cutie mark, almost literally.
>A heart made out of a cardiograph line.

>The Earth pony thanks you and leaves into the busy street, her hooves clacking on the cobblestones.
>The sun was just beginning to set. A light orange glow reflects off the street, painting the inside of the waiting room with streaks of shadow.
>....better light up the lamps.

>Just as you finish, the Griffon dockworker leaves with his talon in a bandage, and grumbling about a "rough hornhead".
>No surprise there.
>Doc Pill comes out the side door, and begins counting out the day's profit.
>"Don't you have to meet your friend tonight? If you want to get to wherever you're going, you better get going soon."
>You hear the scribbling of a pencil on paper.

Where are you meeting your friend?
FYI, the friend has been largely premade, what's left for you guys to decide is their personality.
>>
>>29081961
We're meeting him at the Salty Spitoon, a family friendly milk bar, with a rough and tumble atmosphere.
>>
>>29081999
This. With addition that friend is smug and sassy.
>>
>>29081961
Right, the Salty Spitoon.
Personally I'd be alright with them being more mellowed out.
>>
File: heart.png (19KB, 674x210px) Image search: [Google]
heart.png
19KB, 674x210px
So, is our cutie mark something like this? There's a couple of ways to interpret "a heart made out of a cardiograph line".

If so, I like it.
>>
>>29081999
>>29082090
>>29082156

>The Salty Spitoon, a milk bar with a "rough and tumble" atmosphere, or so you're told.
>Looking it up yourself you found it advertised as family-friendly too...somehow.

>Stepping outside to wait its not too long before your friend appears, calling your name.
>"Heart! Sorry I'm late, I just got done running around half of Anima!" He says with a grin.
>While you can tell that Swift has done some running around, or flapping, in his case, the sweat you see on him doesn't really seem to be that heavy...
"Busy as always, I see."

>"Of course I am."
>"Sorry, Doc! No deliveries today!" He calls out, poking his head through the clinic doorway.
>You only hear old unicorn grumbles in response.

>With your friend arrived you head off to the Salty Spitoon, with Swift leading the way.
>The two of you don't really talk much along the way. After all, there's plenty of time to do so once you arrive. That, and you being hurried along to beat the line.

>The Salty Spitoon is not exactly a pretty place.
>Half the building sits on wooden stilts over the river, while the glow of candlelight flickers through the windows and between the wooden swing doors.
>A big burly Zebra stands at the entrance, stoically screening the patrons.

>"Welcome to the Salty Spitoon. How tough are ya?" She speaks in accented Equestrian.
>"I flew across half the town with a box on my back, tripped twice, and still got a tip!" Swift puffs out his chest proudly.
>The mare turns her gaze to you.
I'm gonna pause for a while here, considering the time. I'll start up again in a few hours if anyone's interested.

>>29082293
I was thinking of something more like this actually. http://legacy.tahoequarterly.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/iStock_000002830053Medium.jpg
>>
>>29082456
Forgot your trip
>>
>>29082456
>>29082480
if you so insist
>>
>>29081325
>not wanting to fall in the line of duty
>>
>>29081211
oh neat auctual text for our textbook i love that shit in rpgs
>>
Will we fail to save a foal, go insane from the sorrow, practice occultism, kill everybody in our way, get back to our senses, put a paper bag on our head, grab a giant scalpel and go into the world to heal everyone we meet in order to repent for the lives we took?
>>
>>29082806
Wolvan pls.
>>
>>29082796
>some other names I won’t be saying in polite company
lol
>They’re also compatible enough with ponies to produce fertile offspring
lets fuck a gryphon and have a cute child
>>
>>29082832
>To remove the effects a simple bath in [insert plants here] will stop the effects
was that intentional or did you forget to fix this
>>
>>29082883
Good eye

No responses for how tough you are?
>>
>>29082456
I once had to clean up after a patient suffering from paralysis. Like, REALLY clean up after them.
>>
>>29083059
oh yeah i better read the quest now i got distracted
>>
>>29081686
looks like an oc ocs dont count
>>
>>29082456
>How tough are you?
This one time I slept on a bed with NO PILLOWS. Not even one to cuddle up to.
>>
>>29081875
https://youtu.be/notKtAgfwDA
i can feel your heart beat
>>
>>29081961
>mostly premade
>personality not yet decided
arent those 2 statements contridictiry
>>
>>29083071
this
and we aint lunch perfectly comfortably afterwards
>>
>>29083186
>>29083071
>>29083149

>How tough are you? Well you've got the perfect answer lined up.
>Breathing in to make your case as confidently as possible.

"I once had to clean up after a pony who suffered from paralysis! REALLY clean up after them."
>You give the bouncer a moment to let the reality sink in. She shows no reaction.
>That is one tough lady.

"THEN, I ate lunch perfectly fine afterwards! And that night I sle-"
>A large hoof on your mouth silences your achievements.
>The Zebra blinks and nods slowly.
>"Congratulations, you pass. Go on in."
>Sweet!

>The inside of the place matches its outside.
>That's not really saying much though.
>Soft cream paint coats the walls, some round tables are scattered around, a few fishing nets and fishing accessories are hung up on the wall as decoration.
>Mechanical ticking sounds come from the grandfather clock in the far left of the room, and you think you caught glimpse of a jukebox. Or was it a piano?

>But you're not here for any of that, Swift and you head right for the bar.
>Hopping up on the spinny stools the bartender gives a nod to the both of you, setting the glass he was polishing under the bar.
>"One mango milkshake, no ice."
>The bull nods, noting it down as if on an imaginary notepad. He turns to you, raising his brow questioningly. He points a hoof to the chalkboard menu against the wall.

>...looks like they've got quite the selection here, and not just milk, from the looks of things...but what else would anypony come here for?
>>
>>29083367
Get that milkshake.

Vanilla with tons of whipped topping.
>>
>>29083367
We're on an island, the coconuts must be pretty good and fresh, get coconut shake?
>>
>>29083367
do they have anything alcoholic
a cider maybe
>>
>>29083367
A coconut shake sounds good.
>>
I'm all for coconut shakes, but lets ask if they have any fermented coconut.
I hear fermented coconut is basically a depressant, or a cordial.
Gets you nice and high.
>>
>>29083408
>>29083413
>>29083418

"I'll take a coconut shake. Can you make one with fermented coconut?"
>The bartender nods and gets to work, blending and mixing and stirring.
>Swift's drink comes out first, bright yellow in a tall glass, you can smell the creamy texture of mango in the air. A sprig of mint tops it off.
>For how much he was staring you was sure the bat would drink it in one gulp.

>The coconut shake came out next, creamy white and thick as honey. It tasted just as you expected. A few moments after the fermented part of the drink takes effect. Its like getting drunk, and its surprisingly strong for such a smooth taste. Maybe its the cream.
>Before you can get too far into your glass Swift starts up some conversation.

>"So how was work today? I hear a new boatload of settlers is stopping over, right when one of those big ships from...one of the big trading companies, is coming in. That's gonna bring in a few patients for you, at least? There's always at least one case of The Trots on ships like that."
>"Didn't you come in on one of those ships too? You never really mentioned your family."

A little shorter this time. And yes, character creation is not over. There's still the MC's history.
And colours too I guess. But that's not really important right now unless someone feels like drawing
>>
>>29083500
medical horses are white thats like the rule
>>
File: 1274011.png (12KB, 655x664px) Image search: [Google]
1274011.png
12KB, 655x664px
>>29083511
I dunno Anon, that seems to be just Redheart.
>>
>>29083546
have there been any other medical horses
i suppose applejacks day off but i cannot remember the color of any of those poners
>>
>>29083560
fug i mean where the apple lies not applejacks day off
totaly difrent episodes applejacks "day" off was unlike where the apple lies good
>>
File: index.jpe.jpg (4KB, 90x216px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpe.jpg
4KB, 90x216px
>>29083564
>Spoiler
Opinions, opinions

>>29083500
Ohh boy, MC history!
Our father was a doctor. Not a great one but he tried his best. But he got sick and never really got better and couldn't do much in the way of medicine anymore.
Mom's a tailor and helps mend our clothes every now and then.

I'll draw whatever we end up with, but I personally think we should model ourselves after pic related, baby blue coat, and a brown mane/tail
>>
File: 1268021.png (435KB, 912x514px) Image search: [Google]
1268021.png
435KB, 912x514px
>>29083560
>>
>>29083500
Our parents is in Equestria? We came here because of how this island is on the border of two nations, meaning opportunity to learn and get experience on treating different sorts of illness? Our older brother, came along to stay close to us? Unlike the rest of our family, he has completely different aspirations, and actually also came along to avoid our relatives' constant nagging about he not wanting to be a medical professional?
>>
>>29083593
but that doesnt make sense
if we could move to the island why could we not move somewhere we could get a proper education
>>
Just because the MC is a pony doesn't mean they have to be from Equestria. They could simply be from some other unnamed town.

>>29083593
What's the brother's story though?
>>
>>29083642
More opportunity for experience?
>>
>>29083655
>>29081211
>having a teacher is the next best thing
>>
>>29083649
I guess he finds gryphon engineering fascinating?

>>29083680
Oh, whoops, missed that. I can only think of it as the MC trying to get more education elsewhere as where they came from has too many ponies competing over medical professions.
>>
>>29083703
>Oh, whoops, missed that. I can only think of it as the MC trying to get more education elsewhere as where they came from has too many ponies competing over medical professions.
yeah sure that mostly works
>>
Trip again

>>29083593
>>29083703

That doesn't seem like a bad idea actually, but having a brother seems like it'd need direct contact which isn't happening right now. I think I can work something like that in later though
>>
>>29083574
"I guess I just haven't been here long enough for the topic to come up? Its not like I was in town since its founding or anything like that."
>Your hoof scratches the back of your head absent-mindedly. Had it never been brought up at all? Awkward.
"Well...my family originally comes from Equestria,but most ponies do I guess. Father was the town healer, and my mother's a tailor. Dad wasn't the greatest around, but he did what he could. One day though he injured his hoof and eventually arthritis set in. By then it was just too late to do much of anything. So he mostly works from the desk now."
>You shrug. Its not like he can't do the diagnosis and treatment parts of medical work, there are assistants for the physical stuff. You know that all too well.

"My clothes used to be mended by mom every now and then, but now since I'm...well, here, I do it myself. Its from her I got most of my looks, clearly."
>You show off your coat and mane at that. Markings like socks and blazes aren't too common on Equestrian ponies, but you were lucky enough to have both. The white contrasts nicely with your baby blue coat and brown mane.
>Mother always said you had a bit of Clydesdale in you. Maybe she was right.

>Swift just sits there nodding along at the appropriate moments, drinking from a bendy straw he found on the counter.
>"That...that's a lot of stuff to hear about all at once.Well, you already know about me. I'm just a courier." He shrugs and takes another drink.
>"Mmmm...mango."

>You gulp down another mouthful of coconut when a new appearance at the bar gets your attention.
>The sound of glass on wood catches your ear, and you turn around to see a mug of cider.
>A mug of cider held by a light green hoof, which is attached to a young mare.
>"Pardon me, but aren't you Doctor Pill's assistant? I know the clinic's closed right now, but I've got something I need some help with."
>And judging by the pitch of that voice, a little bit TOO young...
>>
>>29083780
offer to help the young underage drinking mare
>>
>>29083780
That's me. What kind of something?
>>
Gonna stop here for the day, sorry.
>>
>>29083824
Oh well i look forward to the next session.
>>
>>29085681
>>
>>29087781
>>
Thanks for keeping the thread bumped guys, I'll be starting a session later today
>>
>>29083808
>>29083817

"Hm? Oh! That's me, yes. Did you need help with something...?"
>Setting your glass down on the counter you swivel around in your seat to face the mare.
>You feel Swift leaning over your shoulder.

>"Right! Well, uh, my Father's sick, you see. But he's too stubborn to get himself over to a clinic for a checkup! Insists that 'it'll pass' and 'its just a cold'. So I was hoping you'd be able to go and take a look? Or at least tell me what kind of medicine could help..."
>Her hooves move around in complicated hoof gestures while she talks.

>>"...Aren't you a little to young to be in a place like this?"
>"I'm old enough to get in, I'm ninteen! Besides, I made it through the front door didn't I?"
>>"Well in that case-" Swift slides off his stool and puts his hoof on her shoulder, gesturing to you. "-this pony is the right one for the job! Feather Flu? Petrification? There's nothing he can't handle!"
>The mare looks at Swift like he's grown another head.
>Swift just gives you a big wink and the cheesiest grin you've seen his pair of fangs produce.

The next post is going to have to take longer than usual to go up, I've got things to take care of.Oh the joys of not living alone.
>>
>>29093313
Offer to go and check up on her dad. Also examine Swift. What does he look like? Is he a pegasus or a batpony?
>>
>>29093313
Right. check on your father.
>>
>>29093313
Yeah, I guess I could take a look at him for you.
>>
>>29093404
>>29093409
>>29093418
>You feel the urge to roll your eyes growing within you.
>That bat pony sure has his moments, sometimes with a smugness to rival a unicorn! And you've seen Canterlot ponies.

"Okay, I guess I could take a look at your dad for you. Does he live outside town?"
>The mare shakes her head.
>"Not too far, just on the Eastern side of the river, right past the bridge."
>You quickly down the rest of your drink in a few gulps. Fortunately for Swift he already finished emptied his glass.
"Well then, time's wasting, lets go."

>The mare's guidance gets you to your destination in almost no time at all. And her talking helps pass the time.
>You learn that her Father runs a general goods store and has been showing symptoms for a few weeks now. Coughing, loss of appetite, dehydration and fever are what's she's seen most often.
>"-its been going a few weeks now, and while he isn't really getting worse he sure as hay hasn't been getting better. I can't help but worry. Maybe he got it from some of the imports last month?" She stops walking.
>"We're here."

>'Close Eye's General Goods' the sign reads. The building is made of sturdy wood, looking truly closed down except for the soft glow coming from the windows.
>"There's uh...one more thing before we go in." She holds her leg across the door, looking at Swift
>"My dad doesn't exactly have the highest opinion of bat ponies..."
>>"You mean he's racist." The stallion remarks flatly
>"...yes."

Swift has a dark blue, almost purple coat. His mane is a dark pink, and has orange eyes.
>>
>>29094435
Make sure we don't smell like mangos and head in.
>>
>>29094435
"Uhhh"
Look over at Swift and see what he says.
>>
>>29094435
Who cares what her dad thinks. If he dislikes our friend so much, then he doesn't need our services, now does he?

Walk in and don't give a damn about her fathers opinions of Swift/
>>
>>29094544
>>29094524
>>29094490
"Uhhh..."
>Looking over to Swift you see his face locked in an expression of being mildly perturbed.
>But that face turns into a smirk.

>"I don't really care what some old stallion thinks of me, this won't be the first time I've met a pony like that."
>He stands a little straighter before opening the door.
>"If he's going to dislike a pony he's never met before, well he then he won't need our services, will he Heartie?"
>"Suit yourself." The young mare shrugs.
>Silently, you agree, but still do a quick sniff of your hooves for the scent of tropical fruits before following in after them.
>Smells like coconuts.

>You are led through a dark storefront, shelves stacked with things a little too lit to identify. A doorway right next to the counter leads off into a small side hall, a living room sits at the end.
>"Just take a seat, I'll go bring him down."
>She points to the medium table at the center of the room.
>The mare then goes to the lamps on the walls and brightens the place a little. The sound of her hoofsteps echoes up the stairs soon after.

>A few moments pass, and with nothing more than silence between you and Swift you decide to take a look at the room.
>The interior is rather simply decorated; sturdy wooden furniture with a few decorative carvings, and plain cushions.
>Swift seems to have the same idea, his head swivelling around as he scans the room, his eyes appearing to almost glow in the less than bright lighting.

>Sharp hoofsteps come back down and the two of you turn to face them.
>As you expected, an old Earth Pony stallion appears. His coat is a dull yellow, and has a few silver lines appearing in his dark mane. He is being ushered down by his daughter.
>"Ah told you a thousand times-I don't need to see a doctor! I'll be back to normal the same time next week! All Doctors do is overcharge you for-"
>>
>>29094758
>His rant is cut short when he spots Swift. He glares at him for a moment, before turning back to the young mare.
>"I thought I told you not to associate with the likes of them."
>>"Look, the ponies at the table are here to just figure out what's making you sick not-"
>"They bring nothing but disease and famine!" He points a hoof at Swift accusingly.
>To his credit Swift manages to maintain his incredulous expression from before.
>>
>>29094766
He didn't bring anything in here but himself. If it makes you feel any better, neither of you need to touch each other. Now shut up, open up, and say aaah.
>>
>>29094842
This.
>>
>>29094766
>>29094842
>>
>>29094842
>>29094880
>>29094889
Don't you think this seems a little mean? I mean, he's our patient, and he has feelings too after all.

Try to offer him some comfort and assure him that Swift is a trusted companion.
If he's that aversive to his presence, maybe Swift should wait outside.
>>
>>29094958
I figured he's one of those cranky types who only respects equal levels of crankiness.
>>
>>29095068
Look, your kid here says you're sick. You say it's just a cough. Want to see who's right?
>>
>>29094842
>>29094958
"He didn't bring anything in here other than himself."
>You begin to speak, moving to stand between Swift and the old stallion.
"If it makes you feel better, neither of you will even need to touch each other. Now please, if you could open up say 'aah', I promise this won't take a moment."

>The pony blows a raspberry at you. But breaks out into a few short coughs halfway. They sound wet.
>"Ah'm not sick! This is nothing more than a cold, and I'll be healthy in a week. You can't charge me if you don't do anything!"
>>"I'm sorry you two, I didn't know he would be so against this-Dad stop it! This stallion is Doc Pill's assistant, he's not going to charge you for anything."
>>"He's had bad experiences with ponies who claimed to be a doctors, I thought he was over that." She shoots you an apologetic look.

>"Well maybe this old stallion needs to just shut up, sit down, and open up." Swift mutters under his breath, his hooves crossed over his chest.
typo
>>
>>29095103
If you won't let us check on you for your sake, then please, do it for your daughters.

I assure you, she'll just keep coming back to us, or some other practitioner until you do.

In any case, that cough sounded unhealthy and I can't leave in good conscience until I've taken a look at it.
>>
>>29095103

>>29095125
this
>>
>>29095103
>had bad experience with ponies who claimed to be doctors.
What sort of bad experience?
>>
>>29095103
Have you been coughing up any blood? Any oddly colored phlegm? If it's a phlegm problem then you could have some lung infection, and if it's blood . . . .
>>
>>29095103
>he's not going to charge you for anything."
I don't think we actually said this, but so long as we don't use any medicine - No wait, why would we carry any? They would be in the clinic. Yeah we're not gonna charge.
>>
>>29095125
>>29095139
>>29095170
>>29095233
>>29095239
>Admittedly, this stallion is beginning to get on your nerves, but you've sworn an oath!
>Sort of.
"Look, your daughter insists that you're sick, but you say you're not. Only one of you can be right."

>You hold your hoof up and speak before he can.
"In any case, that cough just now sounded unhealthy, and I cannot leave in good consicence until I've taken a look at it."
>The stallion looks almost surprised at your insistence to help.
"I assure you, your daughter is deeply concerned for your health and she's gonna keep asking for help, if not from me, then from some other doctor around town."

>Smaller hoofsteps come down the stairs, and everypony present leans over to take a look.
>Its a small filly, clutching a small plushie.
>>"Sis? Is this a real doctor? Can he heal Teddy?"
>>"Not right now, he's here to look at Daddy first."

"If not for your sake, then perhaps for your daughters?"
>The older stallion looks back to you, conflict clear on his face.
>"Emotional blackmail, didn't know you-hrk!" Swift whispers.
>A quick jab with your elbow stops him halfway.
>Or, maybe he's just uncredulous that you're using his daughters against him.

>You hold up your hooves.
"I've got no medicine with me-I can't charge you even if I wanted to."

1/2
>>
>>29095329
>Either way, it seems to work. He lets out a sigh of defeat.
>"Fine...fine. You can take your look. But you best keep your word-I may be old, but I'm still as strong as I used to be."

>He pulls out a chair and takes a seat, grudgingly.
>You do the same, and begin your usual routine.
>Questions first.
"So, have you been coughing up anything odd? Coloured phlegm? No blood, I assume."

>The stallion shakes his head.
>"Nothing like that at all! I hardly cough up anything, and even then, it don't look like anything more than spit."
>Hmm, well perhaps he might have a point after all. It certainly rules out any kind of bacterial infection, certainly no internal bleeding.

"If you don't mind me asking, what sorts of bad experiences did you have with 'doctors'?"
>He closes his eyes for a moment and inhales.
>"Mah wife got sick many years ago. Blight, plague, we couldn't tell. We thought she was almost gone, with how long she held on, but then these two souls came into town claiming to be doctors that could cure anything."
>"Well, turns out that they were nothing more than liars that sold their half-arsed snake oil as 'medicine'."

>>"And let me guess, one of them was a Bat pony?"
>Swift speaks up from across the table. He looks almost empathetic.
>"Ha, smart lad."

2/2
>>
Feeling kind tired right now, so...perhaps one more post, if anyone's still awake.
>>
>>29095400
I am, but.....eh.
>>
>>29095400
I'm still awake. Gimmie that one more post.
>>
>>29095351
Exactly how long has this been going on? What's his temperature.
>>
Is >>29095449
going to be the only reply then?
>>
>>29095351
Have you had any sneezing or sniffles? Perhaps your eyes have felt dry?
>>
>>29095351
Oh, well sorry about your wife. But let's get back to whatever maybe what ails you hmmm? Any more symptoms other then Coughing, loss of appetite, dehydration, fever?
>diagnostic and utility spells and telekinesis for you.
What kind of Diagnostic spell? How detailed is it?
>>
>>29095460
I'm a slow typer and I'm on my phone ok >:v ?
>>
>>29095449
We know he should have been like this in under a months time.
>>
>>29095400
Don't we have a spell to identify sickness or did I miss something?
>>
>>29095467
You get to do something like a scan of body parameters. Like temperature, magic, and so on. It won't give you any specific values though, that's what medical instruments are for. But they're good enough to get a general feel for things.
>>
>>29095525
That's useful. We could check the severity of his fever, etc.
>>
>>29095351
Eh. Maybe it's a severely cold?
>Do you sweat alot or cough up alot of mucous? If so, have you been eating foods high in salts and minerals to replace those lost fluids?
>>
>>29095351
What have they tried so far to treat the older stallion?
>>
"Sorry to hear about your wife...but lets get back to what ails you for a moment."
>Going through your mental library of spells you figure you might as well start with the basics. You fire up a heat sense spell. Its not going to give you numbered readings like a proper thermometer, but you're not exactly well equipped right now.

"Have you had any sneezing lately? Your eyes feel dry at all?"
>"Well sometimes," the stallion shrugs "but I work in a store. The storerooms get dry and dusty if they're left alone too long."
>>"You've sneezed at the dinner table too, Dad."
>"Its just dust!"

>His temperature seems normal for a flu patient. No fever right now at least, but perhaps that's because of the cool evening air.
>Hmm...better go through a few more just to be sure...
>Hydration? Slightly dehydrated.
>Magic? Seems to be at average levels, if a little pooled towards his hooves. Then again, he IS an Earth Pony after all.
>Heartbeat? Seems to be beating regularly...
>Wingpower? Wait, no. That one won't work.
>All the while the shopkeeper and his family are staring at you make faces as you gather data.
>"Sis, why's the unicorn making funny faces at Daddy?"
>>"Shh, let him work."

"What have you tried to treat him with so far?"
>You ask that question to the young mare.
>"Well, he's been insisting that its nothing more than a cold, so I've been making soup more often, ever since the second week..."

>"Hey Heart, check out his hooves. They look kinda...wet, don't ya think?" Swift suggests.
>>"Hm? My hooves feel as they usually do. A little sweaty at this time of night.
>>>"Daddy always has sweaty hooves though." The filly's voice chimes in.
>Well, now that he mentions it, you suppose those hooves do look more damp than expected. A thin sheen reflects the light every now and then.
>It could simply be just sweat though.

And that's it for the day. Hope you had fun, I hope it was challenging enough without being too hard
>>
>>29082806
>not learning to ride some four legged creature
>not using your family's secret technique, Spin, in execution and medicine
>not leaving to find a way to save a child from execution
>not racing for 50 million bits in Equestria with a cripple, who tells you about his bug bite fetish after you tell him your name is actually Heart Breaker yes I know Gyro changed his FIRST name and not his surname, shut up
shiggy diggy dooo-wop doo-wop doo-wop dooooo-wop
>>
>>29083574
>Trauma Center
My fucking nigga right here.

>>29083780
So the dad's Doctor Strange, then?
>markings like socks and blazes
Sorry, what?

>>29094435
Okay is this guy gonna be Gar Iceon's great-grand uncle or something.

>>29094842
>tfw i misintepreted this as making Swift and Klansdad make out

>>29095351
So are bats supposed to be the equivalent of blacks or jews, here?

>>29095622
Well thanks for the sessions so far. I take it we're all in favors of examining the fuck out of his hooves, when the time comes?
>>
>>29096172
>>
>>29095622
It could be Flux flu due to his damp hooves hooves being the magically focused limbs for Earth ponies. If it were a non magical flu I doubt it would restrict sweating to his hooves since Flux.
Can the diagnostic spell check his legs for ectoplasmic discharge?
>>
>>29095622
Are we a normal stallion or a pretty stallion?
>>
>>29096568
Because that post with the big rumped stallion and the socks threw me off.
>>
>>29096568
Why not both, we can be pretty if we want to.
Most likely normal, but i'm husbandoing our friend anyway.
>>
>>29096617
Seems a bit early to start shipping character willy nilly without making it feel shallow, but there's nothing I could do to stop you or convince you otherwise.
I'm terrible at supporting my own arguments.
>>
>>29096734
It is early, but I know I'll end up doing it in the future, as with many other cyoas, so I just don't bother trying to stop myself.
>>
>>29096747
Eh, ok.
Any clue as to what's wrong with the grouchy earth pone?
>>
>>29096934
According to that textbook we have, most likely flux flu, the symptoms match. But that filly that said something about them being always like this... So, we should probably check how long has he been sick.
>>
File: 19-WDMC-BS-425km080411.jpg (63KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
19-WDMC-BS-425km080411.jpg
63KB, 425x282px
>>29083546
Wowwy zowwy. Thiqc nurse.
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.