[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lauren Faust's greentext

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

It's May the 9th 2011. Faust just quit any real involvement with the show since Best Night Ever ended.

Instead of writing an apologetic self-lying article on her Deviantart she instead comes out and says she's going to sue Dhx Media and Mike Vogel for sabotaging and stealing her ideas.
She asks for the help of her fanbase for a kickstarter which will reboot the show one final time as originally planned with all the original ideas.

The show ends up being a success. Sethisto can't decide who's boot to lick more; Hasbro's or Faust's. Hasbro is too stupid to care. Dhx Media comes pleading back for jobs and Faust shoves her high heel down their face.
All the retards in the fandom are being shoved outside Lauren's forums.
....continue

What would happen, /mlp/?
>>
File: IMG_20161113_210806.jpg (13KB, 198x209px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161113_210806.jpg
13KB, 198x209px
>>29077978
It turns out it was all a dream!
>>
File: 7247284.jpg (62KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
7247284.jpg
62KB, 680x680px
>>29077978
>she's going to sue Dhx Media and Mike Vogel for sabotaging and stealing her ideas
>her ideas
>her ideas she got from the original my little pony
you really need to hop off her dick. its been 5 years now. it was their copyrighted product, their money going into relaunching the show, and she was an employee who agreed to perform a task. she did so, and then quit of her own volition when they wouldnt give her total control over all of this stuff they owned and successfully built up for the past few decades.

heres a thought: go crowdfund her galaxy girls idea since she lacks the business skills to make her own show and studio.
>>
>>29077978
faust's vision would have still had twilight being a massive mary sue, and season 1 wasn't that good
>>
>>29078008
>>29078015
>hasdrones
>>
>>29078022
well memed mi amigo. season 1 was still mediocre at best. if youll recall, it was season 2 that everyone sucks the dick of, and she wasnt there for it.
>>
>>29077978

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MOMMY FAUST
>>
>>29078024
Not that Anon, but she was still around for most of s2. In fact, she was even still the Executive Producer for the two best rated episodes up to this day - RoH 1+2. It's even in the credits. Also, Lesson Zero was an episode she also had a huge impact on, and for a lot of the remainder of the season she still helped out.

Apart from that the fandom really took off in the first hiatus, so s1 was definitely a big draw, and in the rating threads it's still the best rated season on /mlp/. We recently had the yearly thread about this.
>>
>>29078056
I think faust planted the seeds of destruction early on, that doesn't change the good she may have done
>>
>>29078056
the only episode she was around for was the premiere, not the rest. this place is full of nostalgiafags who cant escape their happy past and newfags who mimic said nostalgiafags in order to blend in. i dont trust any polls from this shithole, especially not when they tie their happy fandom feelings into their rating of the show.

that said, i dont hate faust. in fact i think she had a lot of good ideas before she went full SJW. i just cant stand people treating her like shes literally the only person who made the show good. as if the myriad of other people working on it who made it great, including the people who helped her make the fucking show bible, didnt exist at all.
>>
>>29078077
>the only episode she was around for was the premiere
That's not true at all. Jayson Thiessen said himself after s1 was finished, that Lauren Faust may have only written the first two episodes on her own, but not only did she create the show bible and most of the characters' personalities, the world itself and so on, but she reviewed and edited storyboards and scripts constantly. He said that her writing is all over the place in all episodes. And it's not just him - more teammember confirmed this.
Besides, she even talked about Cadence being a unicorn for the s2 finale because that's how she planned out the episode, but Hasbro changed it after she was gone.

>before she went full SJW
Sadly, I agree here. She went full retard after the show.

>i just cant stand people treating her like shes literally the only person who made the show good
Of course she wasn't the only one who made it work. It required the freedom Hasbro originally gave her and the team of great artists that she surrounded herself with. She couldn't have done it alone, but without her the show never would've taken off.
This can be proved by the documentary about her and her role in MLP. The artists and everyone working on the show were originally going super soft on everything, making it extremely girly and stupid, like the previous generations, and it wasn't until she pushed them and told them to have fun that the show became good.

Sources:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4_rbLExdg8&feature=youtu.be&t=2h4m10s
(time code where she talked about the arists holding back like crazy in the beginning)
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/jayson-thiessens-message-to-bronies.html
(Jayson Thiessen's open letter about Lauren leaving.)
You can look up more statements of the team too, that confirm this.

It's funny how most people on this board either say Lauren did close to nothing for the show or absolutely everything to make it good. The truth is in-between and even pretty well documented.
>>
>>29078093
TL DR: The show never would've gotten that popular among adults without Lauren, but it also wouldn't have been as good without the great team she had, and the remaining team kept the show popular on its own since s3.
>>
>>29078077
>i think she had a lot of good ideas before she went full SJW

LOL, this mentality is hilarious. You kids worship Faust as long as she's making cute horse cartoons for you to fap to, but the second she begins acting like a human being with opinions you get all triggered and whiny and turn on her instantly.

Y'all act like SJW's are overdramatic, meanwhile you backstab a create the instant they start to form an independent thought.
>>
>>29078108
If Faust had stayed on the show, half of /mlp/ would despise her now. Because she's always been an opinionated feminist, she's always worked feminist themes into all her shows, (she wrote essays about MLP's feminism during season 1, for god's sake) and if she had stayed on, sooner or later you wouldn't have been able to keep ignoring that. And then the butthurt would begin, along with the usual round of twitter stalking and death threats.
>>
>>29078093
>It's funny how most people on this board either say Lauren did close to nothing for the show or absolutely everything to make it good. The truth is in-between and even pretty well documented.

That's the case with almost everything on here.
Either people love a season or they hate it.
Either people love Glimmer or they hate her.
Either people are optimistic for the future of the show or go full the end is neigh.
Even when it comes to the main characters, opinions are usually rather extreme. Rarely you hear someone say "Yeah, she is nice, but I prefer x".
When it comes to episodes, it's about the same.
Heck, even in the recent thread about content creators quitting it was either "Finally they are gone. What they made was shit!" or "This is horrible. They made high-quality stuff!", but there was just hardly an in-between.

This whole board is just so heavily biased that I wouldn't trust any poll made here to represent an objective truth when it comes to the quality of show-related stuff such as episodes.
>>
>>29078093
indeed. im not trying to downplay her contributions, but rather shed some light on other people who made the show great. the VAs, DHX, many of the other writers, daniel ingram, and so on. they all seem to take a back seat when faust is mentioned. without everyone working together, if one of these areas faltered, the show would have been shit. its great she was able to rally the troops, but without those troops she would be doing what shes doing right now: screaming into the wind. as much as people hate hasbro, they were the ones who gave her the power in the first place.

>>29078108
you idiot, thats how opinions work. people are allowed to change their minds, and with that comes peoples ability to change their opinion on other people. so yes, while faust was preaching "just because its for girls doesnt mean it has to be girly bullshit" i agreed, and then when she said "you should all go see this movie you dont want to see just because it has a female lead cast" i can disagree with.

talk about hilarious, you support independent thought while damning it in the same fucking sentence. just because someone does something i agree with in one area doesnt mean i support them in every other area.
>>
>>29078134
>This whole board is just so heavily biased that I wouldn't trust any poll made here to represent an objective truth when it comes to the quality of show-related stuff such as episodes.
I partially agree, but this argument was mainly aimed at the statement
>if youll recall, it was season 2 that everyone sucks the dick of
and the only 2 polls with a sample size that's even close to significant were here and on Reddit. Both didn't rate seasons themselves, but rather did a ranking of all episodes for each participant. In the end, /mlp/ rated s1 as the best, Reddit rated s6 as the best.
To be fair, both had s2 very high up and I won't deny that it is well-received up to this day (hell, RoH is even my own favorite of all time), but s1 still being rated as the top season in one of the polls does show that s1 isn't hated or considered bad by most people here - quite the opposite.

However, I agree that it's hard to find "objective" truth here, and noone can provide any bullet-proof arguments in this matter.
>>
File: episode poll - s4 v2.png (301KB, 1863x2375px) Image search: [Google]
episode poll - s4 v2.png
301KB, 1863x2375px
>>29078166
>but s1 still being rated as the top season in one of the polls does show that s1 isn't hated or considered bad by most people here
by most people here *who bothered to participate in the poll. important key factor here. i stopped taking the polls after this one, as i dont see a point in competing with clearly biased faggots. just skimming the comments you can see the kinds of people who are "rating" things. many of them encouraged putting all the EqG movies at the bottom based solely on the fact "its EqG." this mentality is prevalent enough that any mass opinion of popularity here is as useless as a single opinion.
>>
>>29078182
I've been in these threads since they started and it didn't seem to me like there was a lot of rigging going on, based on the amount of calm, objective discussion in the thread, the amount of unique IPs and the amount of responses.
I know this doesn't prove that there wasn't any rigging, but it's still the closest thing we have to a significant poll.

As for people rating EquGirls low just because it's EquGirls - that may be premature and all, but the poll is meant to collect data on how much people enjoy each episode, and EquGirls 1 was received very poorly to begin with, so even if people just rate it low because it's humans instead of ponies, it does deliver the result we wanted. Notice that EquGirls 2 and 3 are doing much better in the polls, which also reflects how people rated them when they originally came out, so the impact of the EquGirls hatred isn't that big. Most ratings in there reflect what the majority here usually says about the given episode, so I think the poll is a fairly decent benchmark.
>>
>>29078205
ive seen enough contributions where all 4 movies were at the bottom, where entire seasons were at the bottom, and where these same people claimed "i never saw x" as theyre rating these things.

however, if youd really like to see some accurate polls, have a large group rewatch every single episode and rate each one individually. youd start to see more accurate results when it comes down to raw data vs "oh well this episode was from s1 so i guess it was better than this one from s4" episode battles in the modern rating system.

of course then you get people claiming a 1-10 rating isnt accurate either, so i guess youre damned either way. in any case, i find any poll taken from here to be absolutely useless. if i want to know how people really felt, ill look for the ratings people give during and directly after the episode airs in the live stream i watch them in.
>>
>>29078219
>ive seen enough contributions where all 4 movies were at the bottom, where entire seasons were at the bottom, and where these same people claimed "i never saw x" as theyre rating these things.
That's the good thing about the big sample sizes in these polls - they counteract ratings like that and in the end you still get a fairly significant result. See ratings of RR and FG. The latter even did a lot better than expected.

>however, if youd really like to see some accurate polls, have a large group rewatch every single episode and rate each one individually. youd start to see more accurate results when it comes down to raw data vs "oh well this episode was from s1 so i guess it was better than this one from s4" episode battles in the modern rating system.
This type of research wouldn't work because every episode makes people biased for the next one. I can guarantee that results will differ a lot with the same target group based on the order in which you play the episodes.

>if i want to know how people really felt, ill look for the ratings people give during and directly after the episode airs in the live stream i watch them in.
This is even less significant because most people here rate episodes a lot more extreme after they aired - usually a lot more positive. Tons of episodes got something along 8-10/10 after being aired and dropped to 5-6/10 soon afterwards because they new episode hype was gone and they had time to rewatch it and reevaluate the episode objectively.

In any case, I agree that it's very difficult to do a big poll like this with a good sample size, making sure that all people are unbiased and watched all episodes.
>>
File: when they're out of large fries.jpg (48KB, 302x352px) Image search: [Google]
when they're out of large fries.jpg
48KB, 302x352px
>Faust reveals her true colors during Shirtgate
>then Ghostbusters 2016
>then during the election
From here, the possibilites split off. There are only two worth caring about though.
>Timeline Beta, as in Beta Black Cummies, would be Hillary winning. The show reaches maximum Tumblr, /mlp/ gets so SJW-in-training that it makes its current state look like Stormfront, and everything is fucked while I either drink myself into a coma or I go Nuclear and start Outer Hay/v/en from whatever remains of this site
>Timeline Ayy has Trump win and all is well, except the show which has the next season devoted to Faust's self-inserts epikly pwning some strawmans of the whole spectrum of the right wing, causing tons of laughs on everywhere but Tumblr and /mlp/, which still would be even more pozzed than it is now. I would laugh until I see what's become of this fandom
So pretty much nothing changes except Faust goes full lolcow. Which doesn't make up for anything.
>>
>>29078108
Hey tumblrina, your envy and fear of children ain't gonna fly here. Take a chill pill and a cyanide pill in that order, madfag.
>>
>>29078219
I am still not sure whether opinions from livestreams or on this board here would represent the way those people really felt.

As soon as you are watching an episode with at least one other person and discuss how much you like it, the results become skewed.

For example:
You didn't like the episode for reason A. Your friends didn't like the episode for reason B. Those two reasons combined give you a reason to /really/ dislike the episode now, even if you didn't even notice B at first.

People seek appreciating from others. If everyone dislikes an episode, then you might want to be an even more idalistic member of that group and point out that you disliked it even more than the rest.

Even if you liked the episode, the constant negative onslaught from everyone else might make you feel bad and make you link that negative feeling to the episode and possibly even the whole season, worsening your overall experience.
>>
>>29078263
Not the Anon you replied to, but I completely agree. Watching an episode on your own or with friends already has a noticeable impact on your experience and final opinion, and so has the opinion of everyone else. It can lead to you rating it worse than you would've otherwise, or better due to reactance.
>>
>>29078263
i find the opposite effect is usually the case. people usually enjoy something more until they get mired in cynical faggots bitching about every little detail while completely ignoring everything they liked. so during the live stream, people are laughing at the funny parts and bitching about the blatant shit that deserves to be bitched about, and feeling the feels where they should be felt. then weeks later when the only shit being tossed around are from people who take a microscope to each frame of the episode to tell you exactly why its the worst thing ever made, the vocal opinion shifts into that direction, and of course over time so does popular opinion.

so while the instant rating system might not be accurate to a critique, i find it to be the most accurate portrayal of how an episode truly made someone feel.
>>
>>29078077

>before she went full SJW

When this happen?

she is just a real feminist
>>
>>29078024
>it was season 2 that everyone sucks the dick of, and she wasnt there for it.
Yeah, we know the fanbase is full of autistic mentally deranged retards.
That's why it's called the most cancerous and communistic fandom in the world.

A normal fandom would have reacted in a common sensical manner: What is this obnoxious parody-driven garbage? Who okayed these scripts? Is DHX media on drugs? Why is the main cast acting stupid and like autistic assholes? Who the fuck thought Discord was a good idea? We hate Return of Harmony, it's the worst episode which ruined the sho.

The members who worked on the show would be horribly stalked and dumped with demanding to questions from curious and angry fans who don't understand why the staff suddenly decided to insult and aabotage the show with this "Adventure Time" wannabe direction.

But because our fanbase is full of morons who can't think for themselces we get biased self-contradicting opinions. Never a grey zone or the truth.
>The show was shit since season 3 because 13 episode and twilycorn.
Despite the show having the same shit direction since season 2.
>Double Rainboom is garbage, but Lesson Zero isn't
>Mysterious Mare Do Well is shit, but Luna Eclipsed and Best Pet isn't
In reality this fandom could have been easily swayed by Faust to do her bidding like funding a new pony show or her galaxy girls show.

The fandom is just that dumb that they can't think rationally for themselves and even then they can't listen to a rational opinion. They have to listen to idiots like themselves who have no idea what they're talking about. Anyone actually talking sense doesn't get remembered.

In conclusion this is a fandom dumber than Sonic and more evil, cowardly, entitled and obnoxious than a furfag getting banned from 4chan.
>>
>>29077978
>and then she died

The End
>>
>>29080475
No she didn't she's writing the story for them's fighting herds
>>
>>29078245
>Trump win and all is well
I voted for the mouth-breather and even I'm not this deluded. They were both shirt candidates, but one favored the Second Amendment, meaning he basically gave the American people an excuse to murder his dumb ass if he fucks up too badly.
>>
>>29077978
>Instead of writing an apologetic self-lying article on her Deviantart she instead comes out and says she's going to sue Dhx Media and Mike Vogel for sabotaging and stealing her ideas.
Dhx sues back and wins. Frausting now poorfag.

>She asks for the help of her fanbase for a kickstarter which will reboot the show one final time as originally planned with all the original ideas.
Nobody volunteers except autistic potatoes.

>The show ends up being a success.
Only to the 23 fedora ninjas who actually gives a fuck about Foost.

>Sethisto can't decide who's boot to lick more; Hasbro's or Faust's.
Topcuck.

>Hasbro is too intelligent to care.
ftfy.

>Dhx Media comes pleading back for jobs and Faust shoves her high heel down their face.
Dhx sues again for assault. Frausty now prison bitch.

>All the retards in the fandom are being shoved outside Lauren's forums.
And to this very day, no one cared.

THE END
>>
bump?
>>
File: MTE4MDAzNDEwMDU4NTc3NDIy.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
MTE4MDAzNDEwMDU4NTc3NDIy.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
She was a shillary libcuck all along, good riddance to bad trash
>>
>>29080518
t. Eternally BTFO Mad Lib
>>
File: 1413597221510.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
1413597221510.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>29078008
>>29078015
>>
>>29077978
>sue Dhx Media and Mike Vogel for sabotaging and stealing her ideas
>Hasbro holds up her work for hire contract
>she's laughed out of court
>gets blacklisted in the animation industry for trying to pull a Ken Penders
>becomes a whinny "only S1 is canon/fan of the fandom" tripfag on /mlp/
>>
>>29077978
>>
File: Sci Twi.png (179KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
Sci Twi.png
179KB, 500x434px
>>29077978
>Instead of writing an apologetic self-lying article on her Deviantart she instead comes out and says she's going to sue Dhx Media and Mike Vogel for sabotaging and stealing her ideas.

First: citation needed.

Second:

I was a bit disappointed she left a few years ago, but now I'm glad she left. The show would've indeed did a 180 and possibly be a lot worse than it is now than people claim it is if she was still around. I don't hate her, she just has shitty ideas she want to become a reality and it will not be a good thing for the franchise.
>>
File: book5.png (165KB, 400x313px) Image search: [Google]
book5.png
165KB, 400x313px
>>29077978
Would faust be good at writing greentext stories? We should ask her to come here and make one.
>>
File: 1482079766033.png (382KB, 802x643px) Image search: [Google]
1482079766033.png
382KB, 802x643px
Never ever ;_;

I would glady accept the ending of the show in the S2 if twilight actually obtain his real destiny and not that jew princess shit
>>
>>29085082

This
>>
>>29077978
The show would get cancelled midway first season.

That cunt never finishes anything.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.