[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reflections

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 17

File: latest[1].png (2MB, 1280x961px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
2MB, 1280x961px
So what did /mlp/ this of this arc of the comics?

Personally its my favorite, it was very well done.
>>
>reading the comics
>>
>>29077227
anonymous is my favorite pony.
>>
>>29077227
>Applejack
I'm suddenly tempted to write AJ bandits green.

I guess check around threads in a few days to see if I do it.
>>
>>29077227
Wasted Potential: The Arc
>>
>>29077227
> How to piss off your readers and begin the comic's sales decrease: the saga.

Before Reflectons the comic used to sell 40-45K comics per month (Regular and Micro combined)

Now it barely scratches the 22-24K mark, both regular and FF series combined.
>>
File: Why.jpg (329KB, 516x906px) Image search: [Google]
Why.jpg
329KB, 516x906px
>>29077227
It was shit.
t.sunfag
>>
>>29077227
The negative comments for the last issue in the arc after the storytime was over still seem to be the prevailing opinion if you want to see what the mix is:
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/18415460/#18415978

I still laugh at the fact that Anons were trying to figure out if they hated that arc or FF#1 more since they disliked both so much.
>>
>>29077227
Which version of the mane6 have Aj and Rarity as fuck buddies?
>>
File: full.png (1MB, 908x1720px) Image search: [Google]
full.png
1MB, 908x1720px
>>29077227
this could have been better done if King Sombra and reflection King Sombra end Up fighting in the end or not. :)
>>
>>29077227
A promising premise with a couple of good moments ruined by asspull mirror universe logic, a ship no one asked for, and questionable character interpretation of Celestia.
>>
File: 6f0.jpg (68KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
6f0.jpg
68KB, 800x526px
>>29077227
>Spike so bland he doesn't change between universes.

Everyone was so hyped during the annoucement and the first issue, then all of it blew up, it was a trainwreck
So bad that made all /mlp/ agree the comics are not canon.
>>
>>29078589
They never were. And they've mostly been trash. I bought digital copies in humble bundle for my daughter before. But I'm not sure I want her reading it
>>
File: TF_MTMTE_34_cvr.jpg (496KB, 1055x1600px) Image search: [Google]
TF_MTMTE_34_cvr.jpg
496KB, 1055x1600px
>>29077227
>All those ponies who never appear in the comic

Anyway, typical IDW trash. Had potential with a good plot, ruined it with shitty memes, unfunny jokes, and half baking the story.
>>
>>29077227
So are there even any IDW comics worth torrenting/buying

All the ones I've read were shit but maybe I was just unlucky
>>
>>29077227
Why is the art so fucking hideous in every single official MLP comic
Goodness sake, it's the cover of the book, put some effort into it
>>29079085
This Transformers comic looks much better by comparison
>>
File: chrysalis.png (95KB, 168x216px) Image search: [Google]
chrysalis.png
95KB, 168x216px
Is this what Chrysalis will become after she tries to seek revenge on Starlight?
>>
>>29079160
Because at least the Transformers IDW staff cares about the brand, the characters, and their own continuity.
>>
>>29078997
I know, but before this arc some there was some discussion wether they were or not.
After this everyone shifted that they werent.

>Comic Books
>For children
Common mistake
>>
>>29079204
Most likely but with the new design, make your peace bugfags.
>>
>>29079204
cute bug Lady is best pony
>>
>katielestia

into the trash it goes
>>
Katie Cook fucking destroyed the comics.
>>
>>29078589
Feels good to have stopped reading the comics before this came out, when they broke their promise not to put Twilicorn in the comics.
>>
>>29079993
And then autists sent Price death threats.

Be honest though, the comics were always shit.
>>
>>29079993
when did they ever promise that?
>>
File: y.jpg (42KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
42KB, 400x399px
>>29080003
>And then autists sent Price death threats.
>He actually believes them when they said this
It was obvious from the moment they said it that they bullshitting to make people feel sorry for them going back on their word.

Nobody sent them threats, let alone death threats.
>>
>>29080009
Everyone here said they said it, so they must have said it. In all seriousness, their statements heavily implied they wouldn't catch up to the show in that regard.

I knew it wouldn't last though, considering it was dealing with the company giving us Transformers fucking 5 next year. Even said it multiple times. And I was right.
>>
>>29080014
>Nobody sent them threats, let alone death threats.
You underestimate the fandom's autism. That being said, it still doesn't excuse the shit writing.
>>
>>29080063
It's weird cause when it happened, Andy Price said it was always part of Hasbro's plan to follow the show. And season 3 was already written when the comic development started.
>>
>>29080063
>considering it was dealing with the company giving us Transformers fucking 5 next year.
What does IDW have to do with Paramount?
>>
>>29080009
They never said they wouldn't include Twilicorn.

What they actually said was that they would first wait until Twilicorn could be a more fleshed out idea, so meanwhile they would keep writing unicorn Twilight stories until they could have a good idea about where Twilicorn was going and what kind of reception she was getting from the fans, etc.

Then they broke their statement and jumped headfirst on the Twilicorn bandwagon citing "reasons" as their excuse.
>>
blomp
>>
>>29080149
>You underestimate the fandom's autism.
You underestimate how SJWs infesting an industry can have certain elements of them rub off on other people.
>>
File: deeuuuuuuuuh.png (92KB, 360x311px) Image search: [Google]
deeuuuuuuuuh.png
92KB, 360x311px
Genuinely asking, are ANY of the comics good?
>>
>>29083777
Some of the one shots. Occasionally. Not often.
>>
>>29077227

>reading/watching non canon stuff
>>
>>29083777

Nothing post-Reflection release date is good, its not even average, its straightaway trash
Go to yayponies to download hit & miss comics pre-Reflections
>>
>>29083799
There were some IDW original elements added to canon in recent seasons, also it seems IDW might tie in and become canon in S7.
>>
>>29083831
>Nothing post-Reflection release date is good
Friends Forever #12, #13, #20, #26, #29, and #34 were pretty good in my opinion. As were main comic #23 (minus the last few pages) and #42. I thought Fiendship #1 and #2 were fun as well. Most of it is meh to complete shit, but there are exceptions. That pony holiday comic was pretty nice as well.

>>29083777
Other than those there's also the Rarity, CMC, and Luna micro comics, Friends Forever #3, and the main comic arcs in #5-#8 and #11-#12 that I liked.
>>
File: 1392539304535.jpg (286KB, 1600x1741px) Image search: [Google]
1392539304535.jpg
286KB, 1600x1741px
>>29077309
>The Apple farm is the last, large family operated farm in the kingdom
>Not long after Apple Bloom is born AJ's parents receive a visit from Filthy Rich with a generous offer to buy the farm
>Refuse
>Not long after a gang of cowboys descends on the farm, destroying everything they can't steal, murdering AJ's parents in the process
>Big Mac and AJ take their grievance to Sombra, knowing full well it was Filthy Rich
>Sombra is reluctant to investigate the claims, his kingdom is already too unstable as it is and Filthy Rich controls too much trade
>Embittered, the Apple family swears to revenge on its own
>It's not long after that news of a potential new ally reaches the ears of Celestia's newest protege
>>
I loved the reflections arc because of what it potentially sets up with the cannon. I've had this idea for a while that the comic and show universes are different timelines. And bringing the idea of More Mirrors to More Places. We could potentially introduce the idea of something like an "Equestria-2".
>>
>>29083777
Rarity's Micro and Big mac's solo arc were very good.

Nightmare Rarity is also a good arc if you are a Spike fan, since he's very well written there and he really fucks up the Nightmare's plan by simply being smart, crafty and never giving up, instead of being a bumbling idiot who literally trips with the solution like he does in the cartoon.
>>
File: twi brotherhood.jpg (109KB, 840x733px) Image search: [Google]
twi brotherhood.jpg
109KB, 840x733px
>>29085389
FiM:Brotherhood timeline when?
>>
>>29079204
Personally, I think that design is loads nicer than the sparklebugs we ended up getting.
>>
>>29085447
Yeah but if you aren't a Spikefag Nightnarity is just as shit as the others.
>>
>>29080014
>>29083609
>le "no one EVER gets death threats from a group I'm associated with, everyone who claims to get anonymous death threats on the internet is just making it up because otherwise I would have to look critically at people I agree with on some things while sympathizing with someone I don't like and that's too much for simple monkey brain to handle" meme
>>
>>29077227
Reflection's problem is that it hyped something that wasn't to be. Especially with those covers right here. Its a "dark hero" story that never happened, we only got a dumbed down version this year. And we got a shipping of Celestia instead.

That, and it could've been excused over time if the comic after that was great and bounced back. Unfortunately the arc after reflection is the Bull Arc, which is almost unanimously seen as the most stupidly written arc of the entire comic series and spinoff. Even EqD fanboys had a hard time with that one.

After that came the deer arc which was grinded to shred because of both fucking up the everfree forest and >FUCKING ELVES being hypocritical and arrogant as always, and Cook's reputation, at least here, was completely shattered.
>>
>>29083777
Discord comics are fine
>>
>>29087140
>never happened
it happened un the comics and i Hope It continue un the show.

celestia and luna deserves a Big Black stallion husbando even if They were, and are shitty people.
>>
File: scoots-wtf.gif (155KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
scoots-wtf.gif
155KB, 250x250px
>someone praises reflections arc
>which a couple years ago was the most detested comic arc
>nobody calls out this obvious b8
>>
>>29089732
It's because nobody cared about consensus canon raping comics and forgot how fucked it was back then, or maybe S6 lowered the bar of expectations for the series so low that people started to think comics were paying more shit to the series.
>>
>>29087140
>After that came the deer arc which was grinded to shred because of both fucking up the everfree forest and >FUCKING ELVES being hypocritical and arrogant as always, and Cook's reputation, at least here, was completely shattered.
>>
>>29090954
he is taller but he has a small Dick, deer fuckboy king.
>>
katie kek bemp
>>
>>29084677
>pony holiday comic was pretty nice
>thinking I have enough memory to remember the numbers of Friends Forever
Tell me, do you memorize things you dont like?
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.