[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darkest Hour CYOA 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 506
Thread images: 8

File: d6v88pi.jpg (84KB, 1294x618px) Image search: [Google]
d6v88pi.jpg
84KB, 1294x618px
Six months have passed since Celestial Siblings defeated Discord and turned the chaos god into a stone statue.

Six months of peace have passed and now war once again rages on Equestrian soil.

Princess Luna had bestowed upon herself the name 'Nightmare Moon' and had raised her arms against Princess Celestia.
As sun and moon hang in the sky, Lady of the Night is gathering forces for the march towards the Castle of the Two Sisters.

You are Frosty Rime, a unicorn mare with a talent for cryomancy, member of the Night Guard loyal to Lady Nightmare, private of the first Hillhoof regiment.

You were travelling to the city of Prosperity and stumbled upon a refugee camp in the forest near the town. There you learned that Prosperity is now assaulted by the Solar Guard and local mages are preparing a teleportation spell to evacuate surviving population from the city.
You decided to leave Last Word in the camp and now you, along with your companions, are teleported inside the city to assist its' defenders.

Current objectives:
-Deliver Last Word to the Prosperity
-Gather enough bits to pay your gambling debts (23/300)

Current equipment:
Night Guard armor.
Spear.
1 'anti-hungover' potion.
Notebook.

Current party members:
Wild Gust - pegasus mare, private of the first Hillhoof regiment.
Notes: Recently you had drunken sex with her and after that you promised her to go on a date.
Arcane Mane - unicorn stallion, private of the Lunar Mages.
Notes: As a result of a failed incantation he had sealed the soul of his brother inside his own armor, which he now wears. While his brother's soul usually sleeps, Arcane is able to awaken him and use as some kind of golem/familiar capable of using magic on his (its?) own.
Last Word - unicorn filly, civilian.
Notes: She has a unique trait - she completely nullifies all magic in a small radius (approx. 5 meters) around her. Such trait is extremely rare and ponies who posses it are called 'Hollows'.

Previous thread:
>>28977308
>>
"Prepare the spell. I will be grateful if you would take care of Last Word. Oh, and one more thing." - you levitated a bag of bits from your saddlebags - "If I do not come back with the others, could you please arrange to send this to a pony named Deep Freeze from the Stonesteed vllage."
"Sure thing, miss." - Aether grabbed your money with her telekinesis.
"Thank you." - you bowed.
"Now stand still for a moment." - she said and glanced at Flare. Then both unicorns' horns lit and in a blink of an eye you found yourself in a spacious, yet almost empty square room. There were some statues of unicorns which, as the walls, were made of stone. There were four massive sets of doors leading out of it and near one of the gates
stood a wooden chair and desk. A unicorn stallion wearing Lunar Mage's armor was sitting on the chair and sleeping, resting his head on the table.

"Sir, wake up." - Arcane said, trotting towards him.
"Uh, what, they are attacking again?" - unicorn bolted from the table and shook his head frantically.
"No, sir, we are here to report our arrival." - Arcane took a step back, sounding confused.
"Oh? Reinforcements?" - unicorn at last calmed down and glanced at your team sceptically and sighed - "Well, at least it's something. We are neck deep in shit there, you know. Oh, I am lieutenant Aura Magma and welcome to the Prosperity by the way."
"Just show me where is the main entrance to this 'Citadel Spire'." - grunted Battering Ram, dissatisfied with such breach of a protocol.
"Just enter the door behind me and go straight ahead."
Without any reply Battering Ram went to the exit, accompanied by Andesite, who briefly nodded you at parting.
1/2
>>
>>29072794
2/2

"It seems you have suffered some casualities on the way here." - noted Magma as the earth ponies left.
"That's true." - you replied - "So, can you give us a brief summary?"
"As I said before, we are doomed. I have no idea how long it will take for Grand Magi to finish their spell, but we have not enough ponypower to repel the next assault.
We had seventy-eight Lunar Mages when Solars arrived, well, excluding general Crimson Vision of course. Now we have seventeen." - he snorted - "And me."
"And what's wrong with you sir? You don't look wounded." - asked Arcane. Magma simply removed his helmet.
"As you can see" - he pointed at the stump of his horn - "I am. So captain Phase Blade just sent me there to brief any guards who would arrive to reinforce us. You are the first, by the way. So, let's get back to briefing. As I said we are unable to repel another assault because at the last one we lost twenty-nine Mages and countless militia ponies. There are one hundred and eighty-two of them left, if it matters." - he snorted again - "Also, out of the nine thousand civilians less than a thousand were able to make their way there. They are currently hidden at the lower levels. Grand Magi are somewhere below too."
"And how many Solars are we facing now?" - you asked.
"Not so many, I think. We inflicted some serious casualties upon them, though they are far from being crippled. I think there were about three regiments coming there. But it isn't the main problem. Do you know who are the 'Hollows'?"
"Actually, we were tasked with delivering one of them there. And why should it matter?" - you asked.
"Because somehow Solars managed to get a few dozen of them."
"What?" - you, Gust and Arcane simultaneously screamed in surprise.
"Yeah, what I said. We think that they learned how to make Hollows from normal ponies. Fortunately, such process is seemingly very risky or time-consuming. Or both. Otherwise we would be overrun by now. So, any more questions?"

Your actions?
>>
>>29072800
Oh shit, no wonder they're losing.

Ask him where would we be most helpful/useful, and are the hollows fighting, or are they just there to neutralize magic while other guards kill us? Also ask him for ideas on dealing with the hollows, if we encounter one.
>>
>>29072942
"So do these Hollows actually fight or are they just being used as living shield generatotrs?"
"I'd say both. They certainly are able to fight, but they are just too valuable asset to let them enter the fight."
"And how are we supposed to deal with them?"
"Well, we just throw at them some pointy or heavy stuff and pray that they are not slippery enough. Some civvies down there were making crossbows and bolts for militia down there, but, well, nopony here is trained to wield them. Since they cannot fly they are only attacking the main entrance and I suspect that your armored friend would be able to hold them all by herself. Well, if we forget about earth ponies and unicorns down there and pegasi swarming the Spire from above. Our main force is spread throughout higher levels of the Spire, because, well, if Solars would be able to make a hold somewhere upstairs it will be over."
"Heh, that's no wonder you're losing." - suddenly remarked Gust - "I'm amazed that you're still holding."
"Don't underestimate Lunar Magi." - Magma smirked - "You fought side by side with Arcane, right? Well, no offense, but he is one of the weakest and youngest in our regiment."
"Then how did he got there? And how did you even recognise him in that armor?" - Gust continued, looking more and more puzzled.
"Well, there is one answer to both of your questions. Circumstances of his enlistment were pretty ...unique." Then Magma stared at your companion and Arcane shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.
"Speaking of them." - muttered lieutenant - "I think I have an idea. We must find captain Blade." With these words, he ran through towards the door on his right.
"What are you waiting for? Every second counts!" - he yelled as he reached the door.
You exchanged worried glances with your squadmates and then silently followed Aura Magma.
1/3
>>
>>29073191

Behind the door you found a stairway leading both up and dow. Aura bolted upstairs and you dared not to fall behind.
Soon you reached your destination point - a wide balcony which had a view of once beautiful city, now ravaged by the Solar Guard. Wherever you looked you could see only smoking ruins and storm clouds hanging low in the sky.
As soon as you came out under the open sky, some nasty smell hit you.
"Funeral pyres." - explained Magma, seeing you grimacing from the smell - "Solars are burning corpses of the civilians and use their pegasi powers to direct the wind at us. They think that some filthy 'psychological warfare' would force us to surrender. Anyway, captain should be nearby."
You looked around the balcony and noticed a lone unicorn mare looking at the burning city.
"Captain Phase Blade." - saluted Magma and you followed his example.
"Aura Magma? What's happening?" - she sounded puzzled.
"Are the Solars we captued executed? And have we buried our fallen?" - he blatantly asked.
"These are some strange questions, but the answer is 'no' to both of them." - she sounded even more surprised than before.
"Then we can save Prosperity. Well, or what's left from it. You remember Arcane, right?"
Mare looked at the young unicorn and you caught a glimpse of hope in her eyes.
2/3
>>
>>29073195
3/3

"Yes. I understand your suggestion." - she muttered - "I think we can remove some Magi from their posts and assemble the choir..."
"T-the choir? W-what do you want to do?" - Arcane finally spoke up, fear evident in his voice.
"Private Mane, calm down." - Blade spoke softly - "We know that this was a ...harsh experience, but you need to repeat it."
"No!" - he shrieked and took a step back, violently shaking his head - "T-there must be another way! Why not you? Why me?"
"Because you are the only one who actually managed to do it. Because you know the price of mistake better than anypony here." - sighed Blade, surprisingly not showing any discontent about Arcane's behaviour.
"I am NOT going to ressurect them!" - he yelled, as his whole body was shaking - "I can't do it!"
"Quit being such a sissy!" - snapped Magma - "It is our only hope to survive!"
"Luna's thigs, Magma, calm down!" - whispered Blade, but Arcane had gone completely hysterical now. He turned towards you and pleaded as tears ran from his eyes:
"It's insane. They are insane. Please! I-I still have nightmares! I can't do this! P-please, tell them!"

Your actions?
>>
>>29073202
You want to raise the dead!? This is sick! You want him to use such vile magic and then you dare call him a sissy!? He will do no such thing! There must be another way to win this war!
>>
>>29073202
Oh wow... I don't actually know how to respond to him...
Hug him, and pet his mane? Reassure him that we, his friends, are here for him? Tell him what happened to his brother won't have to happen again?
>>
>>29073264
>>29073281

You embrace Arcane, as he silently sobs, snuggling to your shoulder.
"Shhh, it's all right." - you whisper to his ear - "It's okay. The thing that happened to your brother will not have to happen again."
"Actually, it would be acceptable outcome." - murmured Magma.
"Lieutenant, you'd better go and assemble the choir now." - sighed Blade, closing her eyes.
"Uh? Oh, yes, ma'am!" - he eagerly saluted and ran inside the spire.
"There must be another way, Arcane... he is just not in the condition to do it!" - you exclaimed, looking at the unicorn mare.
"We have less than twenty capable sorcerers remaining. Everypony is tired, exhausted and only thing that is keeping morale from falling to Tartarus is a faint hope that Grand Magi would manage to teleport us before it's too late. I beg you to forgive Magma's behavior, but the rite will be commenced. With, or without Arcane we will try."
"Then why do you want Arcane to do it so badly?" - suddenly snapped Gust.
"Because nopony in Prosperity had practiced Star Magic besides him and you probably know can happen if the rite would go wrong." - then she turned away from you and stared at the burning town. For a minute everypony on the balcony was silent, except Arcane, who was quietly sobbing, still not letting you to break the hug.
"You should understand." - Phase Blade broke the silence - "I taught him magic when he was just a little colt. Everypony had lost someone valuable back then, before Lady Luna saved us. This is not the case now. She is far away from our city and as a captain of Lunar Mages it is my duty to protect the citizens of Prosperity at any cost."
She paused for a moment and then added:"I know it is hard for him, but please, try to persuade him to try. Preparations will be over in an hour. I will wait you near the portal."
With these words she left you three on the balcony.

Your actions?
>>
>>29073449
I still think we shouldn't do it. There has to be some other way other than necromancy. Why are the solars killing civilians anyway?
>>
>>29073449
They'll try even without Arcane? If they do it without him, who knows what could happen to those souls... Truly, a fate worse than death...

Arcane, they'll do the ritual even if you're not there. If you're not there, who knows what will become of the dead's souls. I've seen you skill with star magic, you are stronger than before, I'm sure you won't make the same mistakes you did in the past... I won't force you to help, but you're the best chance for preventing those souls from a fate that is worse than death.

>>29073522
They were 'showing' the rest of the world what happens to those that side with the Lady of the Night. I suppose Nightmare was correct, they have gone mad with power and celestia has became a tyrant.
>>
>>29073522
>>29073584

"Arcane" - you tell him, as you grab him by his shoulders - "I am too disgusted by this idea, but let's face it: you are the best chance of your dead comrades to not be devoured by star entities."
I-I have seen you did the rites before. I'm sure you have changed, that you are stronger, more skillful than before."
"I-I know that." - he sobbed - "But I - I just can't. I know what would happen if I will sit here but..." - his voice trailed.
"If not for them - do it for Occult. Do it to show him that you are better now. That you have learnt from your mistakes. He would've appreciated that, I'm sure."
Arcane gave you no reply and turned towards the ruins of the city.
"You are right." - he sighed after several minutes of soul-searching - "It's just so shocking. My home lays in ruins, the wisdom of numerous generations turned to dust and almost everypony I knew since my childhood are dead. I wonder where will we go after the war is over. I doubt anypony would want to return here after everything they had seen there."
"There are many places in Equestria which would fight for the right to call themselves a home of the Lunar Magi." - smiled Gust, resting her leathery wing on Arcane's shoulder - "But we still have a battle to fight and a war to win."
"Sure." - he nodded in reply - "How much time do we have until the start of the ritual?"
"About an hour." - you replied.
"Good. I... I just want to say goodbye to the city, to memorize it, even in such state."
"So is it something personal, or are we welcome to stay?" - asked Gust, rising her eyebrow.
"Such things should be remembered. So be my guests there." - he gave you both a weak smile and once again turned his gaze towards the once majestic towers and pyramids now reduced to nothing more but rubble.
1/2
>>
>>29074083
2/2
After about an hour of silent contemplation of the Prosperity you returned back to the portal chamber. It had changed during your absence - a massive blood circle had been drawn on the floor and on it's border rested twenty-nine bodies of the slain Magi. Eight living unicorns stood around the circle, including captain Blade.
"You have found the determination to come." - she smiled and slightly bowed her head, showing respect - "It is commendable."
"Let's just get it over with, captain." - he sighed and trotted in the midle of the circle, careful not to smudge the blood - "Is the choir ready?"
"At your command." - Magi replied synchronically.
Arcane took a deep breath and raised his head. Unicorns lit their horns and streams of magic rushed towards Arcane's horn as he began to sing.

And that's it for today. Next session will start with an exposition. Thank you the two guys who still stick with me!
>>
>>29074087
>Thank you the two guys who still stick with me!
It's three. But to be fair, I'm currently in lurk-only-mode for the most part.
>>
>>29072784
Dang i fell asleep before the session started

My ilness must have made me tired
>>
>>29074804
Feeling a lot better now bump
>>
>>29072800
>Because somehow Solars managed to get a few dozen of them."
Well fuck
I hope not much of rams armor runs on magic.
>>
>>29074730
Well if i missed the last session and you did not post that makes it 4.
A chame cyoas dont get the numbers they used to
>>
>>29074087

As magic swirled above Arcane's head, you could make out some quiet whispers in the gale of magic.
You closed your eyes and shook your head to drive the voices away, but they grew only louder, up to the point where you could distinguish different 'speakes' from each other.
Then suddenly the halted and magic in the room dissipated. For a moment the room was completely static and then the dead began to rise.
Magical aura appeared around almost every suit of armor as they scrambled on their hooves and stared with empty eyes at the Arcane. Your unicorn friend turned around, but wherever his gaze fell he could see only mindless automatons awaiting his orders.
"No..." - he muttered. "No." - he repeated, this time much more loud. "No!" - he yelled, sending an impulse of pure magic around the room, tearing the helmets away from the suits of armor and baring emptiness where their heads were supposed to be. After a moment helmets, still enveloped in a magical aura levitated back at their place.
"All is dust." - he sobbed, falling on the floor and adopting the fetal position - "All is dust..."

Phase Blade slowly trotted to one of the suits of armor still laying on the floor and carefully removed a helmet froom it, only to see a head of a once deceased pony under it.
"He... is breathing." - she muttered after a quiet examination and seven choristers rushed towards her, unable to believe even in a such little success.
"Arcane..." - started captain, but unicorn was inconsolable. She sighed, and as her horn flashed, automatons turned their heads towards her in an eerie synchronization. Then she turned towards you and spoke:
"I will be upstairs, assigning these ...souls to their new positions and setting up some wards so Solar unicorns would not be able to take control over them. Take care about the living and try to calm Arcane down. The assault can begin any time now. Everypony else - follow me!"
1/2
>>
>>29078281
2/2

Then she left the room, followed by seven Magi and their twenty-five incorporeal comrades. That left you and Gust along four unconscious guardsponies and Arcane who was quietly sobbing on the floor.

Your actions?
>>
>>29078286
Go and sit down next to him and give him a shoulder to cry on
>>
>>29078286
Let's go comfort Arcane.
>>
>>29078294
>>29078304

You slowly walked towards Arcane as he continued to lament his failure.
You tried to embrace him in a hug, but unicorn just pushed you away.
"You lied." - he whispered, - "You said that I am stronger now. That I will do right." - he interrupted his speech for a sob - " But I failed. You lied."

Your actions?
>>
>>29078335
Say your sorry.
Promise him you will make sure he never has to do that agaon.
>>
>>29078345
*again
>>
>>29078335
He did better than others would have, one of them were breathing. It worked, partially...
>>
>>29078345
>>29078442

"Look, Arcane, I'm sorry for it. I really am. But you must understand, that -"
"Can you bitch about how much a failure you are after the battle over?" - suddenly groaned Gust. Then she flied up to him and slapped the unicorn with full force.
"Maybe you were wrong, maybe twenty-five ponies are suffering now because of you. But because of your 'failure' a thousand more got a hope. A hope to survive this onslaught. A hope to live a better live. And this is exactly the kind of hope that every last one of these twenty-five Guards would sacrifice their souls for! So for Nightmare's sake, stop acting like a filly after a gangbang!"
"W-wait." - muttered Arcane, having stopped sobbing because of shock - "There were twenty-nine of them."
"When I say twenty-five I mean twenty-five, moron. Maybe you did not ressurect all of them, but it is still a progress, so wipe your tears and prepare to battle."
Arcane quickly scrambled on his hooves and trotted to the closest Lunar Mage. Then he put his head on guardspony's breast and listened for a couple of moments.
"Her heart beats..." - he sounded startled, though relieved - "S-she is alive."
"See?" - you smiled - "At least you are not a complete failure."
"And remember. If not for Solars you wouldn't have to do it. So you'd better redirect your self-hatred towards Celestia and her minions." - added Gust.
Instead of replying Arcane rushed to second and then third and fourth unicorn, checking their pulse. After that he emitted a sigh of relief and his horn flashed.
Magi stirred on the floor and you addressed them to prevent uncomfortable questions from being asked:
"I know you all must be confused, so here is a short briefing. You are in the Citadel Spire and captain Phase Blade is waiting you at the..." - you quickly remembred how many stairways you went through - "fifth floor."
1/2
>>
>>29078504

2/2
Fortunately, ressurected unicorns gave no objection and walked towards the stairs, quietly exchanging assumptions about current state of things.

"So" - asked Gust when they left - "Shouldn't we follow them? Because since you are standing here I thought you had something better to do."

Your actions?
>>
>>29078514
Go find out if there is an armory nearby you can gear up at
Would be a good idea to get whatever edge we can for the coming battle

In particular look for some sort of slashing weapon maybe a halbred so we are not left with only piercing attacks if one of those enemy hollows shows up
>>
>>29078514
I don't think it's good for Arcane to go to where those golems(?) are, but let's follow them. After kissing Gust for doing a good job of calming Arcane.
>>
>>29078538
Also do the kissing suggested here
>>29078546
>>
>>29078538
>>29078546
>>29078578

"Yeah, about that. Arcane, is there some kind of armory by chance?"
"Oh, there is one. I can go there and fetch you some weapons of your liking."
"And we can't get tjere with you because of 'magical wards', right?"
"Pretty much." - he shrugged - "So what do you want?"
"Something more slashy, like halberd, you know?" - you suggested.
"Well, we had plenty of glaives before. And Gust?"
"Glave sounds fine to me." - she shrugged.
"All right, two glaives, got it." - Arcane nodded.
"We well head to captain Blade's position now to see where she would assign us. If Solars will not charge at us in next ten minutes we will wait you at fifth floor."
Unicorn silently saluted and went to the stairs. When the door closed behind him, you leaned towards Gust and gave her a kiss on the cheek.
As she blushed a bit you whispered to her ear:"Good job of calming him there" and she giggled in reply.

When you reached captain Blade, she stood on the same balcony, accompanied by a sole Lunar Mage, though you couldn't make out whether he was living one or ressurected.
"You arrived just in time." - she nodded, acknowledging your presence - "Solars are gathering forces for a final assault. I don't really know how do you fight, so I'll give you a choice. Do you want to defend the gates and face the main bulk of Solar forces, or would you rather protect the top levels of the spire from pegasi? Mind you, when I say pegasi, I mean not just pegasi, but pegasi advancing under the cover of lightning."

Your choice?
>>
>>29078670
We will take the front lines
We are not great at dealing with flying targets
>>
We should've told Arcane to get us bows and arrows, or throwing knifes; they would've worked great against hollows.
>>
>>29078775
I doubt we know how to throw a knife very well but the bow would have been a good idea
Oh well hindsight is 20/20
>>
>>29078806
Although if i recall correctly our ice is not auctualy magical once it is made we just create and move it with magic give it enough of a push and momentum will push it to the enemy through the anti magic field
It is possible i am misremembering though and the scene in question was theowing something else with magic
>>
>>29078901
*throwing something else
>>
>>29078693

"We will assist at the gates." - you replied.
"Good" - she nodded - "We almost have no time left."

As you were walking down the stairs you stumbled upon Arcane, who was carrying two glaives in his telekinetic grasp.
"Why you didn't take anything for yourself?" - asked him Gust, taking a polearm for herself.
"If something gets close enough to me I either pierce it with my horns or die." - he chuckled - "So we are heading to the gates?"
"Yeah. Don't let some nasty Hollows come close" - grinned Ascended pegasus.

"So you have finally arrived." - boomed lieutenant Ram, when you passed through the remains of the gates - it was only a doorway, while the gates themselves were probably destroyed during the previous assault.
"H-how did you see us?" - Gust stuttered.
"Some of the crystals in my armor provide me with peripheral vision. You must learn to not underestimate our craftsponyship." - she replied - "And if I were you, I would have already hid behind the gate. Featherbrains are going to unleash lightning storm upon our position to cover advance of their feeble troops."
You looked around the area you were tasked to defend - twelve Lunar Magi were hiding behind the makeshift barricades a couple of meters ahead of the doorway, six on each side. Lieutenant Ram stood proud between them, while Andesite covered her from behind.
"You heard her, guards! Move inside!" - ordered one of the magi while trotting inside the spire, though he was followed only by one of his comrades. Then he cursed under his breath and as horns of the two unicorns flashed, ten other armored figures silently moved behind the gates.
Andesite glanced at the sky, then put his hammer into his mouth and headed inside the spire too, giving you a nod of acknowledgment.

Will you head inside, and if you will do you want to talk with anypony there?
>>
>>29078959
Guess we'll hide inside for now, conversing amongst ourselves when the enemy could strike at anytime is just foolish.
>>
>>29079084
You moved inside the spire and hid behind the gate.
"Come outside as soon as I say." - Battering Ram ordered, not moving for an inch - "We must spend the element of surprise wisely."
After several minutes of tense silence you heard a deafening crack of thunder. You peeked out the doorway and instantly closed your eyes, blinded by lightning for some moments. Thunderbolts pierced the space between clouds and ground, some of them hitting Ram's armor, but lieutenant stood motionless, ignoring the wrath of nature.
You felt like that 'thunder bombardment' lasted for a couple of hours, though you were sure that no more than fifteen minutes passed. As fear was taking hold in your heart, you heard some not-so-distant voices behind the gate:
"Huh, looks like flycolts had finally managed to do their damn job well."
"Stay focused. We don't know what traps they had prepared for us, so proceed with extreme caution."
You heard a dissonant choir of confirmations and some buzzing soind after a couple of moments.
"I-it moves?!" - voice of the Solar guardspony was filled with shock and fear.
"It kills!" - solemnly proclaimed Battering Ram - "Charge!"
You left the cover of the gate just in time to see how a stream of flame emerged from lieutenants' hoof with a loud 'fwoosh' and engulfed unfortunate Solars.
They had no chance to avoid the flame and every last one of them was instantly baked inside their own armor, their dying screams accompanied by Ram's maniacal laughter.
Shaking your head to drive away the smell of burning flesh you rushed towards the barricades, followed by your squadmates. Lunar Magi had almost immediately caught up with you, while Andesite stopped behind Ram's rump.
Pegasi corpses started falling from the sky, though they landed far enough from your position to be concerned about them for now.
1/2
>>
>>29079912
2/2

A group of earth ponies jumped over the barricades guarding the besiegers' camp and charged at your position, adopting the wedge formation and thus keeping you guessing about the presence of unicorns in their ranks. You esimated that there were no more than thirty of them though.
They ran towards you, tilting their helmeted heads and pointing their spears forward.
"As soon as they reach the effective range - unleash Tartarus upon them!" - ordered one of the Mages at the left barricade.
"Pyre, they can't hear you. You're the one responsible for their actions now." - replied another mage, a mare who ducked behind the barricade on your right.
"Aw, damn. I... just can't get used to it."
"Then you should adjust pretty soon, else we are all dead there."

So, post your general ideas about how are you going to fight.
Spamming icicles/ using conjured weapons; just throwing everything you can at the enemy/carefully chosing targets and atatcking their weak points though it takes a lot more time and concentration.

And yes, that's the end for now, hope you enjoy it so far.
>>
>>29079928
Check the amount of unicorns you're fighting every once and awhile, if they stop sending unicorns they might have sent a hollow in.
>>
>>29079928
Spam icicles and aim for unarmored spots in their armor. If a hollow comes then use melee.
>>
Bumpity boop while i write up a strategy
>>
>>29079928
as soon as they get close enough freeze the ground in front of them hopefully it will trip them up and they will fall over each other

do we have the skill to make the area of frozen ground long enough to cover the entire line
if not just freeze the ground in front of the ponies at the center.

if the wedge is facing with the point towards us wait until we can freeze in a v shape to hit as many hooves as possible.

dont cast any spells until we freeze the ground we cannot allow them to know there is an ice mage there or they may prepare for frozen ground.

the moment they trip unleash hell

keep a blade up and slashing at them with the occasional pot shot with an icycle.

if the trip works and ram moves in to attack make sure to cover him if he can bring his flamer to bear on the downed solars we should win
>>
>>29079912
Break the center of the formation and see if there's anything behind their wall. If so shoot it.
>>
>>29079928
Aim for their legs. They'really usually unprotected, right?
>>
Page 8 bump
>>
>>29079983
>>29082486
>>29082988
>>29083042

"Wait." - you announced to your comrades - "Hold your spells, I have something special for them."
"If you say so." - grinned unicorn, whose name was probably Pyre, as you remembered from the recent conversation.
Second mage and Arcane just silently nodded.
You lit your horn, preparing a mighty spell and then poured your magic in front of the edge of Solars' formation, freezing the ground before them.
As first earth ponies tripped on the ice and their ranks broke you yelled - "Fire!". Dozens of various magical projectiles flew off the horns of Magi and lunged into the mess that Solar's formation became. Though ponies at the flanks of the wedge were not halted by the frozen ground, they still slowed down when they understood that they got too far away from their comrades, thus making them an easy target for your spells.
You carefully aimed your icicles at their legs, estimating that your projectiles would have enough momentum to pierce their leg armor, which in fact was some kind of thick cloth wrapping. You managed to cripple only two of the guardsponies, as their ranks broke and survivors, numbering less than a dozen, turned around and escaped to the besiegers' camp.

"That was an ingenious idea, though a premature one." - boomed Ram, when the last of the guardsponies left your effective range - "They were only probing our defence, sending ballista fodder at our ranks. I hope you have some more tricks in your sleeve, because next assault would be much more serious."
"And when would it come?" - you asked the veteran, looking in the skies to assess the aerial part of the battle. As pegasi continued to fall from the skies, it seemed like defenders of the top floors still held their ground.
"We have at least a couple of minutes now. They need to analyze the information and plan their new attack. I can guarantee that they would not come from only one direction next time."

1/2
>>
>>29084417

2/2
You heard some frantic hoofsteps coming from the gate and turned around to greet a unicorn mare in militia uniform. As she met your gaze she slowed down and gave you a brief salute:
"Ma'am, we've assembled militia forces and we're ready to move out and support you!"
"That's... relieving. How many ponies do you have there?"
"There're fifty of us assigned to support you, ma'am. We're currently digging in in the Sorcerers' hall and preparing to collapse the statues if Solars would get through!"
"So that long corridor filled with statues of unicorns leading from the gates inside the spire is called Sorcerer's hall? Good to know." - you muttered quiet enough so she wouldn't hear you and then you looked around the barricades. There was enough space to accomodate roughly ten militia ponies, give or take a few.
"We could always use some more friendly horns there." - grinned Pyre, turning towards militia mare.
"I object." - boomed Battering Ram - "They would know that there is a second line of defense behind their backs and would not hesitate to escape if things go awry and that will give Solars an undesirable morale boost."

So, looks like it's up for you to decide:
Do you want to get some reinforcements from militia, or do you want them all preparing the second (and probably the last) line of defense for you?
>>
>>29084424
get them maning the second line of defense
>>
>>29084438

"I agree with lieutenant Ram. You'd better sit behind until we'd really need you. We will hold the line." - you smiled.
"Uh, yes, roger that!" - mare saluted again and trotted inside the spire.

"And here they come." - hissed Pyre - "From all directions."
Three groups of Solars were moving towards your position. Magical shields faintly glimmered in front of groups on your left and right, though guards attacking from the front had no such visible protection.
They all sported more bulky iron armor and because of it they were slowly advancing, conserving their energy for a charge. You could count no more than twenty ponies in each group.
"Either there is a Hollow, or it is a decoy." - hummed Ram, rising her flame-emitting hoof and pointing it to a front group - "If you have anything to surprise me with, private Rime, you'd better show it now."

Your plan for the second wave?
>>
send bolts of ice above the enemy groups looking for hollows
>>
>>29084573
oops meant to quote
>>29084552
>>
>>29084573
Reminder that according to your previous experience, Hollows' aura has no effect upon conjured ice. Do you wish to try again?
>>
>>29084618
tell arcane to probe for hollows
>>
>>29084552
>"Either there is a Hollow, or it is a decoy."
Either way ever death on their side counts.

>Magical shields faintly glimmered in front of groups on your left and right
Ask the unicorns if they could lob mortar like or indirect fire spells sinice the barriers are only covering their fronts as far as we can tell.

>They all sported more bulky iron armor and because of it they were slowly advancing, conserving their energy for a charge.
Cast a miasma of cold, cold enough to the point they will freeze to death in their armor as to cold draws moisture from their bodies. Or cast the freezing spell again on the ground to slow their march even further.
new player, what's a hollow?
>>
>>29084656
*every death
>>
>>29084656
>new player, what's a hollow?
a pony that nullifies magic and causes pain to those around them especialy to unicorns
>>
>>29084670
i should clarify the antimagic is an aura they dont target it
>>
>>29084670
Can they affect things that have been affected by magic, as in reverse environmental effects such as causing the ground to freeze up or conjuring a layer of ice on the ground?
>>
>>29084656

Hollows nullify all magic in a small radius around them, thus ponies around them are feeling uncomfortable to say the least. Earth ponies are becoming physically weaker, pegasi lose their ability to fly and unicorns feel severe pain since their connection with magic is much more stronger than the one of the other races.

And you are not strong enough to freeze the ground at all three directions, so you must choose one.
>>
>>29084691
if we are going to be focusing something on 1 group make it the group closest to our path of retreat
>>
">>29084691
So if there are hollows then the Earth ponies should be severely weakened by their aura, which is more noticeable since they're wearing heavy armor.

>>29084552
On the chance there is a Hollow, it would be from the front group, as I doubt a unicorn could hold magical shield from long with a Hollow nearby.
>>
File: 20161218_183943.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20161218_183943.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
So here is a crude map. Exact numbers of Solars are unknown, distance is not to scale.
Summarizing your suggestions:
Arcane probes the central group for Hollows, magi are trying to launch their spells mortar-like.

So in what direction will you concentrate your efforts?
>>
>>29084744
Hmmmm. Not sure. If there is a Hollow amongst the front group then the Earth ponies will have a hard time charging, or a difficult running start.
>>
>>29084744
forwards
>>
>>29084744
>shrugs
Again I'm new here, so I have a lot of catching up to do. I don't know the combat capabilities of the others.
Most of the magic users use mortars, you and a few spell casters probe the front for a Hollow - fire a fire ball some meters in front of them - far enough from any hollow aura and so the fire can burn without magical aid.
>>
>>29084774
I.e. not a magical fire anymore.
>>
>>29084744
Who is Gust, Ram and Andesite? I know one of them can shoot fire from their hooves.

>conjured weapons
Do we need the aid of other? Does that includes siege engines such as the ballista? If so use those but modify it so it could launch non magical things such as spears, rocks, or sword.
>>
File: 1481869523627.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1481869523627.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>29084813
this is ram
he shoots fire
>>
>>29084833
Handsome. Would anyone mind if they were shipped later, is there a pre-existing relationship with the MC, or is the MC not looking for a relationship?
>>
>>29084847
the beginings of one with gust
i am expecting we will go our separate ways after this battle for a while anyway
>>
>>29084813
I don't see a point in conjuring an ice ballista when you can accelerate physical objects using your telekinesis.

Andesite is an earth pony, subordinate of Ram.
Battering Ram is an earth pony in HUGE armor/life-support system. Just think of a wh40k dreadnought (if you know what it is).
Gust is a pegasus who was 'ascended' (turned into a batpony) by Nightmare Moon.

And I kinda made a short summary in the OP post.
>>
>>29084847
Later as in, after this battle.
>>
>>29084869
>Just think of a wh40k dreadnought
Holy fffff-. Well, I still see shipping them possible. A very, very slim margins though.
>>
>>29084869
you can accelerate physical objects using your telekinesis. Oh. Ok. Any spears we can spiral then accelerate with TK? I think spinning it is supposed to help with accuracy.
>>
>>29084919
You had a spear since the beginning of the thread and you have recently acquired a glaive.
>>
"Hey, Pyre." - you turned towards the mage behind the left barricade - "You're a pyromancer, right?"
"Pretty much." - he smirked - "So what do you want to burn?"
"Sent some fireballs in front of front group so we would be able to pinpoint Hollow's location more precisely, please?"
"They will fade away as soon as Hollow gets near though." - he replied, lighting up his horn - "But it should work."
As fireballs huns some meters in front of advancing guardsponies and you began freezing another chunk of ground, remaining unicorns began shelling the flanking Solars with their deadly spells.
"Hollow stands in the center. So trivial." - muttered Ram, when fireballs in the sky were extinguished - "At least my fire is not a magical one. Just let them come close enough."
You heard some screams of pain from left and right, indicating successful hits, though there were not enough of them for your liking.

Front group had already passed the first patch of frozen land and was approaching the second one, which was close enough for Ram's flamethrower to hit them.
"Closer..." - she muttered, her weaponized hoof trembling in anticipation.
"CHARGE!" - you heard a scream coming from above and rain of spears fell upon your position. Gust's reactions was pretty good, as she managed to took off into the air even before first projectiles had reached the ground.
In a feat of panic you rushed to the only safe place you could reach now and ducked under Ram's belly, miraculously avoiding any spears. Lieutenant roared in rage and showered the advancing Solars with flames, though hiting only a few of them, because as soon as pegasi launched their distraction earth ponies broke their tight formation and scattered around the barricades.
Andesite climbed on top of Ram's armor with surprising agility and with a lucky swing of his hammer sent on of the pegasi plummeting to the ground, bellowing some incomprehensible battle cry, as Lunar Magi pur forward their polearms preparing for the melee.
1/2
>>
>>29085029
2/2

From the relative safety of your new position you noticed a one strange thing. While almost every Solar Guard was charging towards your position, four of them had not moved a single step since the beginning of combat, staying behind the second chunk of ice you conjured on Solars' way.

Your actions?
>>
>>29085034
send a blade in to try and cut the 4 up
>>
>>29085046
oh also point them out to ram but dont shout it out we dont want to draw attention to our actions dealing with them
>>
>>29085034
The heck? How are our guys up top fairing against the solar pegasi?
>>
>>29085456
>>29085456
When you have a numerical superiority and are in a full control of airspace you can pull some nasty tricks like "Shell the besieged guys with thunder so they would hid behind the walls and would not be able to cover their comrades below." or "Engage the besiegers at the top floors in a melee and order a small squad attack the defenders from above."
>>
>>29085034
Ask Ram if he can incinerate the distant group with his fire (if it's non-magical fire). Unless the attacking pegasi are well enough distracted, I suggest defending the barricades from the earth ponies with a conjured Warhammer (used to tear armor and flesh), shoot ice spiked in the gaps in the armor (head area and joints), or blow extremely cold air into their helmets, hopefully blinding them.

If the pegasi are still a threat to anyone on the ground, snipe them with ice spears.
>>
>>29085520
Anon, Ram's female...
It's Arcane all over again.
>>
>>29085550
I'm sorry. Still a green horn. ;_;
>>
>>29085046
>>29085520

You quickly conjured an ice blade and sent it towards the four, praying that they would be too distracted to notice it. But then you had suddenly lost control over it and as your blade shattered, colliding with the ground you couldn't help but mutter with shock: "Hollow..."
"I'll take care of it, just get these damn flies off my back." - said Ram, somehow making out your ramblings from the sounds of battle. With such words she moved towards the four ponies, her armor whining to the beat of her steps.
As you were deprived of the protection of her bulk, you levitated both your spear and glaive and looked around the battlefield, assesing the situation. Magi were still holding the barricades, though it was obvious that Solars would overwhelm them pretty soon if they would not retreat.
Gust soared in the skies, trying to distract hostile pegasi attacking Lunar Mages. You counted eight of them in the skies and three were circling around Ram, trying to find a suitable angle for their attack. Andesite still stood on top of the Ran's armor, throwing worried glances at the pegasi above.

You were not sure that ice spear would pierce pegasi's armor, but hey, you had a real one! Without hesitation you launched a spear in the sky, hitting an unsuspecting pegasus in the neck and sending him on the ground. Too bad that your spear broke when he collided with the earth, but now you had more important matters to deal with.
"Look out!" - yelled Andesite, as two pegasi, noticing their comrade slain had stopped circling above Ram and were preparing to charge at you.

Your actions?
>>
>>29085573
>"CHARGE!" - you heard a scream coming from above and rain of spears fell upon your position.
There should be plenty of spears littering the ground. Doesn't matter if the shafts are broken or not, so long as the Spear heads are still intact.

Launch some spears that are littering the ground at them and equip the glaive. Prepare yourself for close combat.
>>
>>29085573
Get into a defensive stance with our glaive and be ready to sidestep when they charge.
Can we conjure icicles at long range? Try doing it out of the antimagic radius, high above them before they charge.

>>29085559
It's okay, I always find it funny how the players of this quest keeps mistaking certain characters' sex.
>>
>>29085573
>Too bad that your spear broke when he collided with the earth
Yeah, real shame. Good thing there's a bunch around you.
>>
>>29085601
>>29085606

You levitated a bunch of spears from the ground - conjuring icicles would be much more draining for you - and launched them at one of the pegasi, while pointing your glaive at another.
Your target jerked in the air, trying to escape the imminent doom without any success. As second one threw himself against you, managing to avoid the swing of your glaive, you quickly sidestepped and your assailant barely scratched your armor. As he flew high in the air, preparing for another charge, he was struck by a blast of magic in his wing's base and fell on the ground.
"Rime!" - yelled Arcane, running closer to you - "You okay?"
"Yeah, it was just a scratch." - you grinned in reply, looking at the battlefield. Magi were now leaving their barricades, though they were not running, but retreating in a fashionable order, facing the enemy, striving to form a circle and more than successful in keeping Solars at spear's reach.
"I never thought I would say that I am glad that I failed that right, but looks like you can't just kill a suit of armor." - Arcane chuckled - "Did you get the Hollow?"
"Nope." - you shook your head - "Ram is trying to burn him now. Or her, don't really know."
You both glanced at the lieutenant chasing four earth ponies around the barricades and throwing some profanities at them. Unfortunately her armor did not allow her to develop the proper speed to attack the Hollow and his or her bodyguards.
"We need to deal with Hollow and quick. If one of the ...ressurected would get in range of the aura he would be finished in an instant. Got any ideas?"

Your actions?
>>
>>29085718
Bunch of spears on the ground, might as well us them. Throw them at those earth ponies, get Arcane to do it with us so we can get two of them before they notice us.
>>
>>29085718
Gather five or more spears (or just the heads) and move ontop of the barricades to shoot the hollow and the earth ponies guarding it.

Ask Arcane to defend you as you aim.
>>
>>29085718
Where is Andesite? Are they still perched on top of Lieutenant Ram?
>>
>>29085734
>>29085745
>>29085762

"Arcane" - you levitated a bunch of spears to unicorn's face - "let's make some pincushions."
"I see." - he grinned, taking half of the projectiles in his telekinetic grasp - "So do you know who is the Hollow one?"
"No idea." - you shrugged, moving closer to the barricades - "But it's worth a try."

Unfortunately Solars were wise enough to equip their elite units with best armor possible, as most of the spears bounced harmlessly from their armor, though you managed to score a successeful hit, lodging your spear in a rump of one of the earth ponies. As his comrades changed their direction and accelerated towards the barricades, the wounded pony darted towards Battering Ram, who greeted him with a stream of flame. As a charred corpse fell on the ground, lieutenant stroke a trimphant pose and began to laugh in glee.
You noticed that Andesite had jumped from her back and began moving after Hollow and his bodyguards.

"Welp." - said Arcane in a guilty voice - "I wasn't really trained to use projectile weapons."

Your actions?
>>
>>29085864
You still have the glaive to shoot. If you need to engage anyone you can always conjure up a weapon. Make it count.
>>
>>29085902
I suppose that's right, problem is, can we hold on to our conjured weapons in the presence of hollows? Weapons we conjure are ice after all.
>>
File: 20161213_163649.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20161213_163649.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>29085902
And you still don't know who is the Hollow out of these three ponies.

And I am finished for today, hope you enjoyed it. Have a sketch of a Lunar Mage.
>>
>>29085864
>changed their direction and accelerated towards the barricades
Can Arcane do anything to make the terrain in from of the chargers hazardous? Quicksand, fire, slippery? If not make a permanent cold hazard, like slippery ground or ice chunks, to slow them down. Plow through it, swerve around. Either way they will lose momentum in their charge.
Get arcane to assist you in anyway they can.
>>
>>29085954
I did enjoy myself. I hope you had as much fun as I did.
>>
>>29085970
Bump
>>
Probably wont be able to make the next session or be able to bump again for a while bump
>>
>>29085864
>As a charred corpse fell on the ground, lieutenant stroke a trimphant pose and began to laugh in glee.
Raaaaaaam. Please stop. Looking cool. We'really relying on you to take down more hostile ponies. You can proclaim your glory after we win, please. ;n;
>>
>>29085864
Arcane, we need more pointy bits. Go get more spears or help take down the heavy shock troops charging the baracades.
>>
>>29085864
Can we spam ice balls full of liquid nitrogen?
>>
>>29085864
>if we die, I want you to know that I've always loved you
That could be a lie, but he doesn't have to know.
>>
>>29088648
Wait never mind. That was a dumb suggestion and way out there.
>>
>>29088308
No for a couple of reasons.
One of them is that Frosty Rime doesn't know about existence of nitrogen, as she grew up in some backwater village in the northern regions of Equestria.
>>
>>29088762
Gotcha. *scratches head* then really cold water bordering on freezing. Or make the ground slippery? I'unno.
>>
>>29088762
Waaaaaaiiiiiiiiiit. What's the weight limit of ice she can make and launch? I'm thinking, what if she doesn't throw an accelerates ice spike / Spear, but an ice cannon / small boulder? It doesn't have to penetrate armor to incapacitate or leave a concussion.
>>
>>29088797
You know, you can just tear some peice of debris from the barricade. Or throw some corpses at the enemy. Ice has pretty low density and TK requires much less energy than conjuring something.
>>
>>29088835
Right. Eh heh heh, eeeeeeeh. Throw a corpse then.
>>
>>29088835
Glad to know TK requires less energy. I'll try to remember that.
>>
>>29088908
>>29085959
>>29088216
"Hey, I have another crazy idea!" - you exclaimed - "Can you conjure some kind of hazardous terrain on thir way?"
"Just look." - he smirked and his horn lit. Ground between you and Hollow began to gurgle and swirl in a moment. You thought for a couple of moments about throwing some corpse at advancing Solars, but decided against it - the closest one was still too far away from you to drag it to the barricades, so you didn't waste any time and levitated remaining spears from the ground. When you turned back to earth ponies, you noticed that they bogged down in the conjured quagmire and were throwing some curses at you, plowing through hazardous terrain.
"Here, take some." - you levitated some spears to your friend, but he only grabbed one, shaking his head.
"We... we need to charge them, Rime." - his voice trembled - "If they reach the barricade they will overwhelm us."
You shrugged and launched your projectiles at Solars. You managed to hit two of them, two spears got into a guardspony who stood behind and one lodged into the chest of one of the two guards who were slightly ahead.
A bright crimson aura appeared around Arcane's armor and it flew down from Arcane's body, reassembling into a golem a couple of meters behind and rushing to help its kin, holding the line of Solars.
"So, let's make them pay?" - dark purple unicorn turned his head towards you and cracked a violent grin.

Your actions?
>>
>>29090627
So, only one potentially hollow earth pony in the quagmire? Try shooting a bolt of magic at them, see if the hollow's still alive or not, if the hollow isn't, we can probably safely charge in.
>>
>>29090912
When you threw spears second time, your aura around them dissipated, so at least one Hollow is present in the assaulting group.
>>
>>29090974
So we killed 2 of the remain three of the hollow group. Do we have any more spears? If not grab some more pointy things in the barricade shoot at - wait. What's Ram doing at the moment?
Shoot the last sitting duck in the muck.
>>
>>29090974
I see, even being close physically hurts us, so we should kill the hollow before we do anything else.
>>
>>29090974
I think(?), we can leave the remaining one to Ram or Andesite if they're not busy. It would just a flick of Ramsey fire or a swing from Andesite's war hammer to end them.
>>
>>29091002
Uh no, you wounded them. There are still three of them. No more spears on the ground in your reach and barricade mostly consists of furniture and some debris, so it's very unlikely that you would be able to pierce their armor.
Ram is too far away from you, though Andesite is rushing towards Solars from behind.
>>
>>29091047
Let's see.....
The three hollow group should be tired from the fail charge / armor / tiring Terrance, two of the three are injured. They're also weakened by the hollow.

Piecertainly of cake. Charge them with glaive in hoof or throw a whole couch at them with Arcane's aid. I suggested throwing the couch since it seemed like a humiliating ways to go.
>>
>>29091150
Shite. I mean piece of cake.
>>
>>29091150
Wouldn't charging in mean that we'll be in the quagmire, lose access to magic and be in pain from the hollow? Due to us being unicorns and all.
>>
>>29091167
So long as we stick to our hoovesies and don't use magic, we should be free from any migranes....I think. And we don't have to wade into the quagmire, just be at the other end to intercept them.
>>
>>29091167
.....or gather more weapons to throw at them.
>>
>>29091167
What do you suggest?
>>
>>29091211
I don't really know how to do this safely, best I can think of is conjuring pointy spears/icicles to throw at them or, as you said, charging in to find more weapons to throw at them because that hollow reaching our position would instantly cause our side to lose.
>>
>>29091247
Conjuring pointy spears/icicles to throw at them or what I said could work, but there are some flaws / down sides:
>>29088835
We would consume more energy by conjuring weapons or ice, and if we move to intercept them then we risk leaving the safety and responsibilities of the baracades. Hmmmmmm. However, Andesite is currently flanking the Solars (and one hollow).
>>
>>29090627
>Battering Ram, stop posing and help incinerating more ponies. you beautiful beast
>>
>>29091268
Oh yeah, we can just find a large piece of debris and fling it at them. Should throw it at the ones we already wounded too.
>>
>>29091302
Can you think of a heavy kind of furniture? Maybe.....it's got to be something solid. A cabinet? An oven? Oh yeah an oven! That's made of metal and fairly weighty!
>>
File: closed range.jpg (42KB, 320x245px) Image search: [Google]
closed range.jpg
42KB, 320x245px
>>29091302
One of these I mean.
>>
>>29091319
Is the barricade made of random furniture? That's kinda funny to imagine...

>>29091328
That certainly works, if our magic can lift it up.
>>
>>29091335
I'mean not too sure. I still have alot of catching up to do. I'mean probably wrong, but I though it would be a funny mental image to share.
Getting crushed by a Victorian styled oven. Heh. It just seems kind of pathetic to die by an oven of all things.
>>
>>29091150
>>29091190
>>29091302

"Yeah." - you smiled in reply and scanned the barricade, looking for some particularly heavy pieces of furniture. You prayed to find some kind of an oven, but it seemed like local unicorns preferred some less bulky kitchen appliances.
Well, that sofa could work too.
"Help me a bit there." - you said to Arcane, lifting the sofa with your forehooves and a bit of magic.
"I see." - he replied and ran towards you, grin on his face growing even wider.

When Solars understood what you were doing, they scattered with a relative success. The most wounded one just ran from the barricades, trying to prevent Andesite from reinforcing you. Not injured pony managed to avoid a massive peice of furniture, though his compatriot was not so agile and fell in the slough, pinned by sofa.
With a gleeful scream, Arcane picked up a spear and charged towards the remaining earth pony mare, who was unsheathing her sword now.
You cursed at the recklessness of the young unicorn and grabbed the glaive with your mouth.

Will you follow Arcane?
And whom are you going to charge at, if the answer to the first question is 'yes'?
>>
>>29091446
Oops, wrong name.
>>
>>29091446
Charge with Arcane.
>>
>>29091446
Gee, both Arcane and Gust is so bloodthirsty/reckless.

Since they all scattered in different directions, now is the best time to determine which is the hollow, cast spells that doesn't require much effort at each of them, preferably at the mare Arcane is going after first.
>>
>>29091475
>>29091484

You decided that it would be better to cover Arcane - he was clearly not himself now. Unicorn always looked so collected, reserved and now he charged at heavily armored enemy with only a spear. Though you couldn't really blame him for that fit of rage - after all it was his home turned to ruins and his friends reduced to ashes.
As you followed your comrade, a painful sensation appeared in your forehead and it only grew stronger while you approached the mare, so you had no doubt - she was a Hollow.
Hollow mare had already cut Arcane's spear in half and turned towards you, blocking your thrusting strike. Then she sidestepped to keep both you and Arcane in her line of sight.

How will you engage her?
>>
>>29091571
This is not good... Tell Arcane to stay back.
Let's stay on the defensive, parry and stall for time. Keep her attention on us so she won't see Andesite coming.
>>
Current session is over, next one will start with an exposition, have a nice day/night and thanks for paticipating!
>>
>>29091844
Should I keep bumping or let the tread die?
>>
>>29088065
I was right i missed the session
I must be psychic
>>
>>29085954
Nice
Will we get a sketch of rime herself soon
>>
>>29091571
She is trying to keep us from flanking her

Call out to gust hopefully she is close enough to hear and and between battles.

Dont look away though stay on the defensive try not to get to close to the hollow
>>
Pre work bump.
>>
Page 9 bump
>>
>>29091571
Arcane is disarmed. Tell him to get some distance while we hold off the hollow.
>>
>>29091844
We gotta buy some time for either Arcane to get some distance, or for Andesite to finish off the wounded solar. I'm not sure how much good Arcane is with a broken spear.
>>
>>29094546
*tell Arcane to run back to the barricades and side step to keep the Hollow's back pointed towards Andesite's direction. Or Rams. Seriously. What is she doing? Cheering over a single kill? For shame....
>>
>>29092659
>>29094315
>>29094546

"Arcane, retreat! I will delay her!" - you yelled, praying that unicorn's common sense would prevail over his rage. Fortunately Arcane complied and made a tentative step back. Hollow mare followed him and you moved to intercept the earth pony.
You quickly glanced at the Andesite and Ram. While former already engaged the wounded Solar and his victory seemed only a matter of moments. situation of latter was far worse. Armored mare slowly retreated towards the barricades, encircled by approximately a dozen pegasi, who dived at her, trying to damage joints of her armor.

Speaking of pegasi...
"Gust! If you're still alive I really need your help there!" - you screamed to the sky. Hollow took it as a call to action, clearly not willing to be surrounded, and charged towards Arcane. You swung your glaive at her, but managed to only cut her foreleg a bit.
Regrettably, Arcane was not fast enough, or for some insane reason he simply decided to meet Hollow's charge. In either case, earth pony mare successefully tackled him, causing your friend to scream from her touch.
Cursing under your breath, you charged at her, wincing from pain and despair, as you realized that you are going to bee to late to save the unicorn...
"Death from above!" - you heard a gleeful scream coming from the skies. You instinctively raised your head to the sky to see Gust flying to the Hollow mare. Your eyes opened wide, as your marefriend suddenly lost control of her flight and plummeted straight into the quagmire.
Solar mare exploded into laughter, looking at Gust floundering in the dirt. It was her fatal mistake, as with inequine roar Arcane strained all his remaining power and yanked up from the ground, dropping mare's hoof from his chest and stabbing his horn into the eyevisor of mare's helmet.
Hollow jumped from him, tearing the helmet from her head and pressing her forehoof to the wounded eye, as Arcane fell limp on the ground.

Your actions?
>>
>>29095736
Stab her other eye now!
>>
>>29095736
Since she's distracted, we could finish the job. Faster we will do it, the faster we could check on Arcane. Get your spear working, lass.
>>
>>29095763
>>29095767

You approached the wounded mare swung your glaive again, targeting her eye, but she dived down and howled at you, her face twisted in a monstrous grin. You pulled your polearm closer to your body, preparing to another strike. As the Hollow charged towards you, you thrusted the glaive at her, but the crazed mare did not even try to avoid your strike!
Instead, she pulled herself onto the blade, craning her neck and trying to touch you with her head. Confused by such display of insanity and increasing pain in your head, you let go of the polearm and Hollow mare bashed your nose with her forehead. Pain jolted through your whole body and as something invisible squeezed your throat, you fell on the ground, unable even to scream.
Cursed mare raised on her hindlegs, preparing to strike you with one of her forehooves, while pressing another to her empty eye socket, when her head was blown away from her body by some heavy projectile. As the Hollow mare died, the pain dissappeared in an instant.

"Got her." - you heard Andesite's voice filled with pride. You turned your head towards the earth pony devoid of his hammer, standing knee deep in mud near the lifless body of a Solar guard - "You okay there?"
"Yeah..." - you muttered, scrambling back on your hooves - "Thanks for that."
"At your service." - he snorted, trotting towards Hollow's head to pick up his hammer - "Seems like your golems did damn great job there."
You looked back only to see remaining Solars retreating from the barricade, though defenders were not too eager to destroy them with their magic.
"Hey, the Hollow is dead!" - you yelled - "Unleash Tartarus upon them!"
"I wish we could" - unicorn named Pyre gave you a dry laugh - "Me and Shield are exhausted now and I'm sure that these guys." - he jerked his head at the incorporeal magi - "are at their limit too."

Your actions?
>>
>>29095820
So we should beware any trained Hollows in the Solar Guard, they know what they're doing. Noted. Now, after making sure solars won't try anything funny, get your ass to see what's with Arcane. Preferably with some help.
>>
>>29095820
Check Arcane and Gust's status.
>>
>>29095820
Send gust to retrive medical aid for arcane.
Assuming she was not injured by her crash but her wounds if any are probably minor compared to his so attend to arcane first
>>
>>29095842
>>29095864
>>29095869

"Woah. That was a harsh landing." - muttered Gust, rising from the quagmire and flapping her wings, sloughing off the dirt from them - "You got her?"
"Yes." - you gave her a curt reply and rushed to Arcane's side. The unicorn's breath was shallow and blood was trickling from the corners of his eyes, but at least he was alive, though unconscious.
"Gust, fly into the spire and get some first aid kit for magical injuries or something. Arcane here is injured pretty badly."
"In a blink of an eye." - she saluted and darted towards the spire.
"Hey! You there!" - hailed you Pyre - "We are going to retreat inside, so you'd better hurry!"
"We'll be there soon." - you reassured him, shouldering Arcane and looking at the besiegers' camp. It looked like Solars were launching another assault, as you could see earth ponies jumping over their barricades and forming up their ranks.

Ram was no more than thirty meters away from you, her armor charred as she doubtlessly directed her flamethrower at herself to drive away assaulting pegasi, who had now retreated towards their ground companions.
Even from there you could see the effort with which she dragged her body - some blows of the pegasi had obviously reached their mark. With such pace she would not be able to reach the spire before Solars.

Will you try to cover her or will you retreat to the spire?
>>
>>29095898
Try and cover ram she is to valuable an asset to lose
Drag arcane along with us.
>>
>>29095898
>>29095902
Get someone to drag Arcane for us, then try covering Ram. Perhaps get one of more courageous ponies to help you with the task, but maybe icycling the fuck out of pursuers would be enough.
>>
>>29095736
Oh silly me i forgot the hollow aura also messes with flight
>>
Hey warlock you might be interested in this
>>>/tg/50783792
New sisters models
>>
>>29095902
>>29095917

"Andesite, can you carry Arcane to the spire?" - you turned towards the earth pony - "I don't think you'll be of any use now."
"That's true" - he nodded, taking Arcane's body on his shoulders. Then he struck his breastplate with his forehoof and trotted towards the spire.
You watched the Magi retreating towards the spire, though one of them walked towards you instead.
"Pyre?" - you arched your brow in suprise.
"No." - unicorn smiled in reply and you noticed that this mage was in fact a mare - "Kinetic Shield is the name."
"Oh. So, glad that you joined me. Have any ideas?"
"Just channel your magic above my horn. It should be enough."
"Like that?" - you asked, conjuring an orb of pure energy near the tip of her horn.
"Yes. Keep the flow going." - she replied, preparing her spell.

A translucent shield appeared behind Ram's rump and began to move towards barricade, effectively pushing her towards the spire. You closed your eyes from the strain on your horn, but Shield's idea seemed to be working, as Ram closed the distance with a remarkable speed.
"It was unnecessary." - she boomed as soon as she reached the barricade - "But you have my gratitude."
"My pleasure." - smirked Shield, extinguishing her horn. As soon as she interrupted her spell you fell on your knees from exhaustion - that mare had almost drained you dry!
"Hey, you can move?" - Shield leaned over you, concern noticeable in her voice.
"Yeah, just give me a minute..." - you muttered.
"We have no time." - she cut you off, taking you on her back - "Solars are at our tails."
Then you rushed towards the spire, some magi waiting for you near the broken gates and flinging their spells at the advancing Solar Guard.
1/3
>>
>>29096070

As soon as you have reached the gate a bright crimson flash appeared behind your back and illuminated the battlefield for a brief moment.
You got off Shield's back, feeling strong enough to at least stand on your own, and turned around to look at the source of the light.
A robed unicorn stallion was floating in the air good ten meters above the ground, bright magical aura surrounded him like a protective cocoon.
As he looked around the battlefield, advancing Solars stopped in their tracks, a mix of awe and horror written on their faces.
"Lord Crimson Vision." - whispered Shield reverently, unable to look away from her commander.
"The Cyclops." - wistfully hummed Ram - "They say he is the third most powerful sorcerer in Equestria."
"Cyclops? Why did you call him so?" - you asked.
"He lost one of his eyes during the first siege of Prosperity." - explained Shield - "He is actually quite proud of this moniker."

"Hiding behind backs of your whelps, Rush?" - Vision's voice echoed through the battlefield - "And I remember how you bragged about your bravery before. Was it all a lie?"
A beam of bright yellow light struck Vision's shield and blinding flash appeared at the point of collision. The sound of impact was followed by a thunderous crack coming from the same direction as the beam a couple of seconds later.
When the light dissipated, a pegasus mare hung in the air in front of the Lunar General. Even from the gates of the spire you could make out her distinctive manestyle - two long, bright yellow braids flapped in the magical wind.
"My, my." - she hummed - "You'd finally decided to drag your traitorous ass down there, bonehead?"
"Lightning Rush." - unicorn hissed in reply - "You'll answer for what you had done to Prosperity."
"I answer only to Celestia herself, traitor." - she snarled - "And I've better things to do than to horse around a bunch of nerds like you, so be a dear and die quickly."
2/3
>>
>>29096074

Crimson Vision roared in rage and tendrils of pure magic reached towards the Solar General, but she darted up in the air with an unimaginable speed, dodging his attack, and slammed herself against unicorn's shield.
Duel of the two Generals quickly turned into a visual mess, as Vision's aura completely covered his body and Lightning Rush moved so fast that you could make out only a blur of yellow light dashing around Grand Magus and trying to find a weak spot in his defense.
"Hey, Shield, right?" - you turned your head towards the Lunar Mage - "Shouldn't General Vision just disintegrate her with a flash of his horn?"
"He should. But he is almost drained now. I am sure that he spent almost all of his energy on that teleportation spell."
"That's still pretty impressive..." - you looked at the light show for a couple of moments, until another question had formed into your mind - "But why did he challenged her then? Is he so sure that he'll win?"
"No." - Shield shook her head - "Quite contrary. I only suppose that situation at the top floors is screwed up, and let's be honest, we would not survive the third wave."
"So he is..."
"Yes. Sacrificing himself to give us time."

You looked into the skies once again - pillar of light appeared on top of the spire and grew with every passing moment.
As the sky was growing brighter you could notice more and more cracks appearing on Vision's shield as Rush threw herself against it, still managing to avoid unicorn's attacks, until it collapsed with a sound of breaking glass.
With a victorious scream Lightning Rush slammed into the Lunar General and Vision's levitation spell collapsed. As unicorn's broken body collided with the ground, Rush dived towards him, landing her forehoves onto his spine, shattering it completely.
"Luna knows his name." - whispered Shield, bowing her head and a bright light filled your eyes.
3/3
-----
End of chapter one.
>>
That was a lot of text.
I hope I will be able to return after about five hours, but let's call this session finished for now.
Thanks everyone who participated, next session will start with an exposition (again).

If you have any questions/criticisms - feel free to state them.
>>
It was my first attempt to play Darkest Hour, and I did it with minimal preparation. I may catch up on the story later on, but I think your quest allowing me to join out of the blue counts as an upside.

I have a question, though. How strong is the spire? Are we supposed to run?
>>
>>29096110
Nevermind, I've finished reading.
>>
>>29096094
You did a good job of fixing the problems with not knowing whats going on around us.

We get enough details to feel like there is a larger battle around us but not so much that it seems like we are able to see everything despite the chaos of battle

Is there going to be art of some more characters rime herself would be nice
>>
>>29096094
Would you want to start a new thead since you call a chapter end, or will you keep going for a Q&A / some criticism?
>>
>>29096423
There will be more art, but later.

>>29096574
I am not going to start a new thread for chapter two.
Until tomorrow though there is Q&A time.
>>
>>29096612
I'm getting a Warhammer 40k vibe here. Not that that's a bad thing.
>>
>>29096743
And may I inquire why?
>>
>>29096908
Well Battering Rams armour, the Lunar general dubbed the Cyclops (*cough cough* Magnus the Red)
>>
>>29096087
Nooooooooh! Not my husbando!
>sobs
>>
>>29096094
So how do you feel about the players? Yay / neigh? How're you feelin bout yer cyoa? Enjoying it as much as I?
>>
>>29096612
Did I fuck anything by joining out of the blue?
>>
>>29096965
Yay, but I really thought you guys would catch some more references.
I don't really know how much you enjoy it, but I personally had a pretty good time with the story and characters.
>>
>>29097017
Everyone is alive and has all his limbs intact and no one is possessed, so everything is OK.
>>
>>29097038
Except for the general. Ha! Get it because he dead and......hey I'm funny ok?!
>>
i'll bump from 10.
>>
>>29096087
R.I.P. General Vision bump
>>
>>29096743
Wait did you only just figure that out.
>>
>>29098978
Nah. I just felt like pointing out the obvious.
>>
>>29096087
Shit man, the fuck are we supposed to do now that the general's dead? Can we grab him with magic and find an uber healer? Maybe put him in a life support suit like Battering Ram? Or even turn him into a Lich.
>>
>>29099158
Guess they will have to apoint a new general for whats left of the lunar mages

Come to think of it whats the rank structure in the night guard generals appear to answer directly to moony so i assume they are at the top
>>
When you opened your eyes, you found yourself standing under the sky covered by semitransparent magical dome. You looked around and became sure that teleportation spell worked - you were in the middle of the refugee camp, which was now filled with unicorns, mostly civilians, though about one fifth of them wore uniforms of the militia.
A couple of steps behind you stood remaining Lunar Magi - a little bit more than three dozen of them. You had easily distinguished Andesite and Gust among them and rushed towards your companions.
"He'll be fine." - earth pony anticipated your question - "Captain Blade told us that he will be unconscious for a couple of hours or so, but he'll be fine."
"Glad to hear." - you sighed with relief - "And how is lieutenant Ram?"
Andesite shrugged and turned towards the armored pony, who stood a little way off from the group of guardsponies.
"We will not accompany you any further" - she boomed - "My joints are damaged and I will only slow you down. We will stick with the survivors, since they will head to the Cloudsdale wharfs and the Steel Regiment was moving there too."
"Well, thanks for information." - you said and turned towards your marefriend - "Gust, could you please pick up Last Word from the local teleportologists?"
"Eh, sure, I will try to find 'em." - she nodded and took off in the air.

Now you had to get some new orders, so walked towards the closest to you Lunar Mage.
"I am terribly sorry, but do you know who is now in charge?"
"We can assume that that's me." - a unicorn mare gave you a sad smile, removing her helmet.
"Oh, captain Blade, I-I didn't recognise you in that armor."
"Ah, that's nothing. You're here to talk about Arcane?"
1/2
>>
>>29101915
2/2

"Em, well, not exactly. You see, we were tasked to deliver a Hollow pony to Prosperity for further study. We left here in the camp and, well, I am not really sure what should I do with her now."
"Since we are relocating to Cloudsdale for now, I think you could head there with her ahead of our group. Then you can transfer her to us when we'll reach the city. I don't think we would manage to hide her from civilians in this situation and her existance is supposed tto be a military secret, despite the... recent events."
"Isn't Cloudsdale entirely built on the clouds? How are we even going to get there?"
"Only a half of it, the Upper City. Wharfs and docks are located there, as well as pegasi housing, while the Lower City is built on the solid ground and contains the manufacturing facilities required to create various airships."
"Oh, understood. And whom we shall report to when we reach Cloudsdale?"
"As far as I know, Lady Perturbation and Lord Phoenix are in the city, gathering forces for the march on Canterlot. You should probably report to someone of them."
"Thanks. And, well, speaking of generals. How are you going to appoint a new commander to the remaining Lunar Magi? I mean - do you hold a contest or is it Lady Nightmare's prerogative?"
"The latter. The position of Lunar, as well as Solar, general is mostly a sign of recongnition of one's skills and dedication, a way to distinguish the most worthy commanders. When we fought with Discord, regiments were pretty autonomous - occasions when we had to coordinate efforts of even two of them were extremely rare. I guess Lord Vision could be called a Court Mage if we lived in more peaceful times. Of course, now the generals will have to take command over their respective regiments, and, well, act like a generals."

Any more questions?
>>
>>29101919
Ask if comand has been made aware of the apperance of hollows in the solar forces
>>
>>29101931
I have nothing more to say than this, but I post to let you know I approve this suggestion.
>>
>>29101931

"And did you report to the command that Solars are using Hollows now?"
"Of course." - she grinned - "You think we'd forgot to mention such important information?"
"Eh, I just want to be sure. A healthy bit of paranoia, you know?"
"We reported this fact when Solars entered the city. Command had dispatched three regiments to assist us, but they had no chance to arrive in time. Now we are going to wait for them here so they will escort civilians to Cloudsdale."

"Hey, Rime!" - Ascended pegasus landed a couple of steps away from you - "Last Word is okay, but she stands with these two unicorns for now, because, well, moving her through the camp is not the best idea. Arcane is still sleeping?"
"Yes, and he will remain in such condition for another hour or two." - you replied.
"So what's our plan then?"

Do you want to do anything in the camp, or should I just timeskip until Arcane wakes up and you leave?
>>
>>29101984
Go and retrive the money we left behind
Have a walk round camp see if there is anything interesting happening.
>>
>>29101984
Check our equipment I guess. See if anything needs to be replaced or repaired, wash our armour and tip of our spear, all that mundane but important shit. I guess you could timeskip, but I preferred to make sure.
>>
>>29101991
Also find out if they managed to save any books from the city there may be something worth reading there maybe even something on ice magic we can use.
>>
>>29101991
>>29101995
>>29102005

"And one last thing. Did you manage to save any books about cryomancy from the Prosperity? I would like to read something about it."
"Sorry, but most books we had saved now exist in a single copy. Perhaps we would make some copies in Cloudsdale, but now we can't spare any of them."
"Well, it was worth a try. And of course you don't have some kind of a field forge here?" - you pointed at a hole in your armor, made by one particularly lucky pegasus when you were rescuing Battering Ram.
"Blacksmithing is not the most popular craft in our society." - she smiled - "So I guess you have to put up with a damaged armor until you reach the city."

Before moving to the teleportologists, you conjured a thin ice envelope on top of your glaive's blade. Hopefully it would be enough to clear it.
When you reached a distant tent, located near the border of the camp, Last Word was already waiting for you.
"Hey, Rime, y-you're all right?" - she asked with a pleading voice - "I was really worried, you know?"
"Don't worry, lass. These bastards had no chance to harm me." - you grinned - "So what were you doing all this time?"
"Oh, mister Flare gave me a book about ancient unicorn kingdoms. Well, it was kind of boring, but I had nothing better to do."
"Speaking of mister Flare, where did he go?"
"Oh, he and Aether left to look for their relatives, forgot to mention that." - awkwardly snickered Gust.
"Yeah, they left after Gust chechked on me. Oh, and they told me to give this to you." - she grabbed a bag of bits from her saddlebags and threw it at your hooves.
"Thanks." - you muttered, levitating it and checking it's its content. Twenty-three bits, as you left it. That's good.
"We are going to Cloudsdale now, it should take three days in a pinch. Word, wait here for an hour or two. Arcane got wounded in the battle and is unconscious now. We will depart as soon as he wakes up."
1/2
>>
>>29102110
2/2

"In that case I will look for some kind of intendant - we still need to eat something on our way." - suggested Gust.
"Good idea." - you nodded.

You spent another hour walking around the camp. Nothing extraordinary happened there - ponies all around the place were trying to find their friends or lamenting their loss.
Then you headed back to the teleportologists' tent only to find that, to your immense surprise, all your companions were waiting for you.

Do you want to talk with any of them before you depart/on the way to Cloudsdale?
>>
>>29102113
Ask Arcane about his condition and show gratitude. He was a brave guy back there. All of them were.
>>
>>29102113
Just comend gust and arcane on there sucesses during the battle
Remark that you all need to learn to be more warry of the hollows.

Tell gust she may want to work on her crash landing skills in case she flys past one.

And finaly ask if any of them have been to cloudsdale before
>>
I wonder how big the airships at cloudsdale are.
>>
>>29102113
We gotta kiss Gust, because reasons!
>>
>>29102190
Yeah give her a we survived smooch
>>
>>29102113
Why did Arcane charge the hollow so recklessly?
>>
>>29102126
>>29102129
>>29102190

Well, as a leader of the group you should probably give some kind of encouraging speech. With such thought you addressed your subordinates:"You all did a remarkable job there. It was a bloodbath, but we prevailed in the end. Sure, the price was high, but we are still alive. So I just want to thank you for your bravery.
And on an unrelated note - had any of you been in Cloudsdale before?"
When your companions shook their heads you sighed and turned towards Arcane.
"Arcane, well, hope you are all right after all of this. You have my condolences."
"My body is working properly, but my soul cries for vengeance." - replied Arcane, giving you a flat look - "Thanks for the sympathy, but I can not show a proper gratitude now."
"Of course, I-I understand." - you muttered. Then you approached Gust and gave her a passionate kiss.
"You need to work on your crash landing skills. Next time the ground wouldn't be so soft." - you whispered to her ear.
"Well, if I knew that she was Hollow, I wouldn't just dive at her." - she retorted, puffing her cheeks.
"There were Hollows?" - you heard Last Word's voice.
Well, that's going to be awkward.

Your reply?
>>
>>29102233
Yes, dear. I am afraid solars make Hollows fight for them. I think we should be honest with Last Word.
>>
>>29102233
Yeah somehow solars found a way to just make somebody into one.
Well either that or they got absurdly lucky with finding them
>>
>>29102247
>>29102249

"Yes, dear. I am afraid that Solars have found a way to turn ponies into Hollows. Or they got absurdly lucky with finding them, but that makes even less sense."
"But why?"
"Because Celestia is hell bent on ruling Equestria alone, duh." - replied Gust, as if stating some triviality.
"No, I mean - why would anypony want to turn himself into ... into something like me?"

Your reply?
>>
>>29102313
Fucked if i know solar guard have always been a little insane
>>
>>29102313
It's both curse and an advantage. Solars used them to render any magic we could cast useless. They are a weapon, zealots, fanatics.
>>
>>29102313
Not sure, but that hollow mare we fought sure was crazed. It seemed like her injuries would goad her to continue instead of slowing her down.
>>
>>29102316
>>29102345
>>29102411

"Eh, f- buck me, if I know. Every last one Solar Guard I met was at least a little nuts. And that mare we fought back at Prosperity... wounds are supposed to slow a pony down, not to goud them."
"Maybe Celestia ordered them brainwashed." - suggested Gust - "It's her style."
"Maybe." - you shrugged - "Maybe they just went insane from grief when someone they loved died in the jaws of Discord's spawn. We can't know for sure. We only know that they are fanatics. Zealots. Living weapons. And they are only worthy of our pity."
"No." - suddenly snapped Arcane - "Only contempt. Enemies of Lady Nightmare deserve nothing more."
"Oh..." - muttered Word, dropping her eyes.

Do you want to speak about anything else or would you rather continue to the Cloudsdale?
>>
>>29102437
Contempt? Nah, not really. Some of them may enlisted out of their sense of duty, even if mislead. Or for their families. That is sad, not bad. Maybe they'll be enlightened sooner or later. Then you can look at those who won't be and feel contempt.
>>
>>29102437
Remark that you would have loved to be able to see prosperity before its fall and head for cloudsdale
>>
>>29102437
Practice with our cryo spells?
>>
>>29102437
Cloudsdale. We can talk more later.
Actually, how are they gonna get our little hollow here to Cloudsdale? Hollows nullify magic, and you need magic to make things stand or walk on clouds, like the platform or whatever she'll be standing on....which is attached to the clouds.
>>
>>29102656
I think the lower half of the city is fully earthbound
>>
>>29102656
>while the Lower City is built on the solid ground and contains the manufacturing facilities required to create various airships.
>>
>>29102698
Oh....then it me skip to cloudsdale.
>>
>>29102449
>>29102452
>>29102509
>>29102752

"Some of them probably enlisted out of their sense of duty, or to protect their families. They are misguided, not Maybe they'll see through the lies of Celestia sooner or later. Then you can look at the rest of them contempt."
Arcane only snorted in reply.
"Look, I know that you feel like shit now. But there's still a life to live, pleasures to seek, mysteries to unravel and enemies to kill. You must carry on no matter what."
"I know." - he whispered - "I just need some time to get used to all of this."
"I understand. And if it helps, I would have loved to be able to see Prosperity before it's fall."
"Thanks, I guess." - he grinned.

On your way to Cloudsdale you practiced your cryomancy - mostly trying to conjure some elaborate figures from ice, while Last Word took some sparring sessions with Gust. You envied the ascended pegasus a little - she was only one out of your squad who was able to stand around Hollow filly without suffering a tremendous pain.

After four days of travel you have reached the city of Cloudsdale.
A ring of clouds protected it's airspace, ready to unleash lightning upon intruders, while huge walls raised from the ground.
City gates were opened, though a pair of earth pony guards, wearing an armor similar to the one of Andesite, stood at the entrance and many more stood on the city walls.

Your armor might make them see you as deserters and your only written order told about delivering Last Word to Prosperity.
And well, that was in no way a good idea to tell some watchponies about the Hollow filly.

How are you going to try to enter the city?
>>
>>29102765
How far behind us is the main group
>>
>>29102765
Just walk through the gate acting like we belong there. If they stop us just tell them our division and that we have strict orders directly from Lady Nightmare and that they should not interfere.
>>
>>29102765
We can just talk about being sent to Prosperity, only to find the solars attacking the city via hollows that they found/made, and we were sent here early to send word of the survivors coming? And if anyone asks, we can say Last Word is our relative who lost her family there, or we can say she's our daughter.
>>
>>29102765
Find Captain Blade and stick with her.
>>
>>29102790
>>29102817
You thought for a moment about the group of refugees from Prosperity.
Since it consisted mostly of civilians, some of them elderly ponies or foals you estimated that they would need two more days to reach the city.
>>
>>29102828
And that's in the case the escort arrived shortly after you left, which seemed to be true enough, as you had seen groups of pegasi flying in the opposite direction of you when you made your first bivouac.
>>
>>29102828
In that case just march up to the gate and ask to talk to Lady Perturbation or Lord Phoenix
>>
>>29102765
Fuck it. Go there and just say what comes to mind.
>>
>>29102828
>>29102857
This.
>>
>>29102806
>>29102857
>>29102945
>>29102982

"Okay. Here is the plan. We just try to get inside and if they try toquestion us I will do all the talking."
"It doesn't really look like a plan." - noted Gust.
"Just trust me." - you smiled.

"Halt! Who goes there?" - an earth pony stallion yelled, raising his halberd.
"We have strict orders directly from Lady Nightmare." - you gave him one of your most stern looks - "And we need to talk to Lady Perturbation or Lord Phoenix."
"And can I see that order?" - inquired stallion, stretching his forehoof towards you.
"You really think that you would be able to read secret orders from Her Majesty?" - you arched your eyebrow and snickered - "Don't be ridiculous."
"Stop feeding me this bullshit. You lot don't look like Her Majesty's secret agents. Or maybe you are going to imply that your name is Alef?"

Your reply?
>>
>>29103039
I have no idea who the hell would that be, so I'm not in favour of bullshitting our way into the city. I'm counting on other anons here.
>>
>>29103039
I still think we should tell them about Prosperity, with its refugees coming here, and finding Lord Phoenix or Lady Perturbation to explain/report on how they destroyed the city.
>>
>>29103075
>We reported this fact when Solars entered the city.

It will not work.
>>
>>29103039
Of course we don't LOOK like secret agents! Otherwise everyone would notice us. What's your name, private? I will be reporting this to Her Majesty when my objective is complete. I'll have you labeled as a traitor if you don't assist Her Majesty's agents!
>>
>>29103075
This

Honestly i think qm fucked up a little here he is usually pretty good at combining multiple suggestions together but in this case he pushed it to hard by combining the fake orders suggestion with the asking to see comand suggestion despite them being kind of opisiote so we came out overly agressive despite more votes for calmer entrys (2 for reporting to command and 1 for saying we bring news of prosperity compared to 1 lie our way though)
Should have just done the reporting to comand that got 2 votes

I am auctualy glad i get to make this criticim though qm keeps asking for criticism and i keep feeling guilty that i cannot think of any
>>
>>29103100
No dont do this digging ourselves into deeper shit is just going to cause problems.

We fucked up get out of there as fast as you can and try and sneak in with the reffugees in a few days
>>
>>29103116
I kinda repeat - that idea would not work, because Phase Blade contacted Cloudsdale command and told them about the situation at Prosperity. They even dispatched reinforcements, which were too late.

And if you just come there and tell 'Hey, breaking news, Prosperity is burning.' it will look suspicious at the very least.
>>
>>29103131
Yeah i noticed that after i posted that
This was my new suggestion
>>29103128
>>
>>29103128
>>29103138
You think he will just let us leave now?
>>
>>29103081
>>29103131
Oh, they already knew Prosperity has fallen? ......I got nothing, it's up to other anons to get us through this.
>>
>>29103143
Thats why i said fast as you can
Just fucking hoof it as far from the city as we can as fast as we can.

We can hopefuly get the misunderstanding cleared up later once we have snuck in and talked to somebody in charge.
>>
>>29103144
Look at this guy:>>29101931

>>29103160
You really think they have no pegasi around?
>>
>>29103160
Maybe give the bluff a couple more shots before we leg it. Not like he has us surrounded or anything.
>>
>>29103165
>You really think they have no pegasi around?
I think they could track us down but i still like our chances on the run more then sticking around.
>>
>>29103165
...What if we tell them we're here to let the lord and lady know that general Vision has been slain? That's super important info that they don't know yet, right?
>>
>>29103193
and add that we didn't want to tell them because we figured that morale is important, and the lord/lady should be the one to decide what to do with this information.
>>
>>29103193
Fuck that may auctualy be news.
If they already know that i will stick with my previous suggestion but if this may be new news i am changing my vote from >>29103128 to this
>>
>>29103197
I dunno that seems to much like a cover up
Lets just be frank with him tell him we did not want to be mistaken for deserters and panicked
>>
>>29103204
...Sure, but it'll be really embarrassing to tell them that, which actually helps our case so let's go with it.
>>
>>29103193
>>29103198

That suggestion could work if you are sure that captain Blade did not contact Cloudsdale after you left OR, even if she had no means to contact Cloudsdale after the final assault, she didn't dispacth a pegasus courier from the reinforcements that should be escorting refugees to the city.

If you find that this situation is very likely to happen I can work with it.
>>
>>29103229
Sounds good
If he says he already knows its time to run though
>>
>>29103235
You guys are gonna make us look like total fucking pussies after this...
>>
>>29103229
Goddamnit, what if we straight up ask if they have heard of any news from Prosperity for the past four days, and if the answer is no, act as if we're telling him a big secret, something that he shouldn't spread to other ponies.
I'm running out of ideas to end things diplomatically.
>>
I still expect that you all will reach some kind of conclusion.

Since >>29102945 looked like a vote for bullshitting and votes were equally divided, I decided to stick with a more agressive way.
Sorry if it displeased some of you, but well, situation is not beyond irreparable.
>>
>>29103417
I vote for these:
>>29103193
>>29103197
>>29103204
>>
>>29103427
Eh, I think that >>29103204 basically says that >>29103197 is bad idea.
>>
>>29103440
We either talk our way out of this like a badass or be a pussy in front of everyone and run away. I'm risking it for this: >>29103100
>>
>>29103440
I vote whoring our way in via cuddles and belly rubs. maybe even some hoof holding. Gust can join in if she wants
>>
>>29103516
Holy shit Anon. I change my vote from >>29103427 to cuddles.
>>
>>29103516
>>29103529
If this was Serve Honor Cuddle then I would agree. But here...? Nah.
>>
Well, my plan has always been giving half-truths to resolve situations peacefully, I'll rather we not run away if it falls, so >>29103193

>>29103516
Anon pls, we're not trained in cqc and have the ability to start diplomatic relations with enemies via cuddling.
>>
>>29103549
We could always start right now. We'll gain first hoof experience.
>>
>>29103440
So what if we're still wearing the bronze armor. It's not like they'Lloyd put us in prison...right?
Is Gust an ascended? Bat wings n' shit? That's gotta could for something. I doubt the solar system have shit like that.
>>
>>29104527
Bump
>>
>>29105415
Throw your mare friend at the Guard. She's got the wings bump
>>
we are well and truly fucked bump
>>
Damn, that was unexpected. Looks like it's time to back off a bit...
"Look, we are here to bring important information from Prosperity-" - you began, but guardspony just began to laugh.
"Oh, come on! Why would anypony sent your group as couriers instead of just pegasus? Seriously, your bullshitting is so amusing, that it's the only reason why we haven't tackled you down yet."
"Uh, well..." - you struggled to invent a way to escape this situation, when you noticed that for some reason your helmet was removed from your head! You looked upwards only to see that your helmet was floating a couple of meters above you, enveloped in a blue magical aura.
"What the..." - you muttered, before it came crasing down on your head and you fainted.

---

Your head hurted. A lot.
You opened your eyes and discovered yourself lying on the floor in some kind of prison cell, stripped of your armor and personal belongings.
In the cell in front of you Last Word sat on the floor, pressing herself into a corner, trying to be as far away from you as possible. On the base of her horn glinted a small ring, and you touched your forehead with your hoof and your fears were confirmed. Damn anti-magic rings.
"She is awake." - said Last Word, when turning your head to somepony who was in the cell to the left of yours.
"Oh great. Rime, remind me to never let you talk with anypony important." - you heard Gust's voice.
"Gust? What jsut happened? How long are we here?"
"Half an hour at best." - replied Arcane, who was probably sitting in the cell on your right - "I just told them that you were high and that they are free to detain us, if they would call to their commanders to deal with us. So try not to do anything stupid, please."
"Oh. Wait - it was you who knocked me out?"
"I had no choise." - he grunted in reply.
1/2
>>
>>29107924
2/2

After about ten minutes you heard heavy hoofsteps coming from above. Soon an earth pony mare, donning an elaborately decorated full-plate armor emerged into the room and looked at your companions sitting behind the bars.
"I am captain Hoofsou of the Steel Regiment." - said mare - "And you owe me an explanation."

Your reply?
>>
>>29107927
just tell him we had to deliver last word and we panicked when we got here trying to keep her a secret
lies have gotten us nowhere lets not dig ourselves into deeper shit
>>
>>29107957

"Uh, ma'am, that filly there - she is a Hollow. We were tasked to deliver her to Prosperity, but, well, since it's destruction captain Phase Blade of Lunar Magi told us to move her to Cloudsdale, but we didn't had a written order so we were mistaken for deserters."
"Hollow, you say?" - she scratched her chin and came to Word's cell - "Come closer, unicorn."
Last Word silently complied and slowly walked towards the prison bars.
"I see." - muttered Hoofsou. Then mare took a key ring from her saddlebags and began opening the cells.
"Sorry for inconvenience then. General Perturbation has a meeting right now and will probably expect you to report after three hours. Your personal belongings are upstairs, first door on the right. I will inform castle guards that your presense is requested by General. Any more questions?"

Your actions?
>>
>>29108124
thank him for clearing things up then go retrieve our gear
stick around we dont want to miss our meeting
>>
>>29108133

"Thanks, ma'am."
She gave you a curt nod in reply. As soon as she opened the cells, she proceeded to remove magic-dampeners from your horns. Meanwhile, Gust silently rushed upstairs, blush creeping on her face.
After she unrestrained you, Hoofsou had silently left the room and you went upstairs to retrieve your things. Gust waited for you there with a sheepish grin on her face, already donning her armor.

"I have asked the guard there where is the exit, so I can lead you out." - she told you when you left the room with confiscated property, grateful for the discipline of local guardsponies, which took nothing from your inventory.
"That's good, I suppose. Now, I think we are going to head to the castle."
"Straight to the castle? Even if it's really far away we would still have, like, two free hours? Are you not hungry a bit?"
"We could use some healthy meal." - shrugged Arcane - "And I am not a big fan of sightseeing, but it still would be better than sitting in the castle."

Your actions?
>>
>>29108206
Hit Arcane upside the head.

"That's for knocking me out! And yeah, we could go for some food."
>>
>>29108206
Thank Arcane for resolving the situation for us. We're apparently really bad at speech.

Does Gust find horn touching hot or something?
>>
>>29108206
Should we really do some sight seeing?
>>
>>29108230
"Well, I think we could go get some food. And Arcane, I am sure enough thankful that you resolved this situation, but knocking me out was just too much! So..." - you came close to him and raised your forehoof - "You deserve a smack!"
Striking a head protected by a metal helmet was a bad idea.
"Ow!" - you winced, pulling your forehoof back.
"I wonder why are you still alive." - he sighed, rolling his eyes.

When you reached the surface, you were captivated by the views of the Cloudsdale.
Several spires towered over the city, piercing the clouds and you could make out ponies scurrying up and down near the closest one, probably moving goods between Upper and Lower city.
Massive castle sttod in the center of the city, surrounded by a second wall, and it also had it's own spire to contact with the upper city.
In the skies massive shapes of various zeppelins loomed over the city. While some of them were nothing more than frames, others looked like they are ready to sail off in any moment.
You walked through the busy streets of Cloudsdale looking for some nice place to rest and eat. After an hour of wandering you have finally found a nice canteen and filled your stomaches with a vegetable soup and some weird salad, leaving you five bits poorer.

After the lunch you headed towards the citadel. Guardsponies at the gates of the second wall silently recognised your right of passage.
Captain Hoofsou had waited for you near the castle entrance. Acknowledging your presense with a nod of her head, she silently walked inside the castle and you had nothing else to do, but follow her.
You wandered through the corridors of that maze of a castle for what seemed like eternity, until Hoofsou had not opened an unremarkable iron door.
"General Perturbation awaits you there." - she said - "I will not follow you any further."
"Thanks." - you replied, and after taking a deep breath you entered the room, followed by your companions.
1/2
>>
>>29108390
2/2

Some kind of glowing crystals hung from the ceiling, illuminating the room, which probably served for meetings of the high-ranking officers of the Night Guard. Various maps and banners hung from the walls and an enourmous round table occupied almost the entire room.
At the far end of that table stood an unarmored mare with a grey coat and long black and gold striped mane. Despite she wore no armor, she looked bigger than captain Hoofsou in her full-plate.
"Private Frosty Rime at your service, ma'am!" - you quickly saluted the mare, who could only be general Perturbation.
"So you arrived from Prosperity? We got only dry reports from survivors, so I would be glad to hear the news firsthoof."

How are you going to report about the burning of Prosperity?
>>
>>29108392
the solars have a means to make hollows or they're just really luck at finding them.

We made a final stand at the spire making a baracade made of furnishings answer miscellaneous thing. We fought waves of solar soldiers. Lieutenant Battering Ram was injured, solar general Rush defeated and killed general Vision in combat, sacrificing himself so we could escape.
>>
>>29108498
"On our way to Prosperity we have joined forces with a small group of your soldiers under command of lieutenant Battering Ram. We stumbled upon the refugee camp and left Hollow there and then were teleported into the city to receive orders. After that we repelled Solars' assault. Lieutenant Ram was injured, we suffered serious casualities and survivors were exhausted. So general Vision teleported to the battlefield and challenged Solar general Lightning Rush, buying time for local magi to teleport civilians out of the city. We... we've seen his death."
"So that's how he died." - she whispered - "And Lunar Church was already going to make a martyr out of him. I bet they are going to beatify him now, or something like that. But that is no concern of yours, I guess. Now, where is the Hollow?"

You looked around the room and noticed Last Word hiding in the corner. General Perturbation tracked your gaze and smiled when she saw the frightened filly.
"Come to me, little one. I don't bite."
"Don't make the general waiting." - you whispered - "Go."
"Ah, yes, ma'am." - meekly replied the Hollow filly and unsteadily went to the earth pony mare. When she approached the Lunar General, Perturbation slowly raised her forehoof and Last Word quietly yelped. To her surprise, Perturbation only carefully stroke her mane.
"You don't need to fear, little one. What's your name?"
"L-last Word, ma'am." - she told her with trembling voice.
"A nice name. Say, Word, have you fought before?"
"Uh, no, ma'am, but miss Rime was teaching me how to wield a spear for some time."
Lunar General raised her eyes from the cursed filly and gave you a surprised look and then leaned towards Last Word again.
"That's good. Now close your eyes, I have a gift for you."
1/2
>>
>>29108886
2/2

When Last Word shut her eyes, Lady Perturbation walked towards a chest at the far wall and got a small diadem out of it. Then she carefully put it on filly's head and smiled.
"And done. You can open your eyes now."
Last Word groped her head and took the diadem in her forehooves. As she examined it, her eyes began to water up.
"T-thanks ma'am, I..." - she started, but Lunar General silenced her by pressing a forehoof to her lips.
"Hush. Now go outside and wait for miss Rime there, okay?"
Filly eagerly nodded, put the diadem back on her head and trotted towards the exit.

When she left the room, Perturbation turned towards you:
"So you were teaching her how to fight?"
"Yes, ma'am." - you succinctly replied.
"That makes things easier. The diadem I gave her will contain her powers. She will still be impervious to magic, but she will not be able to harm other ponies. Captain Hoofsou will wait for you at the castle gates after two nights, an hour after midnight. Until then you can assume that you have a day off. You can contact bishop Long Night and ask for a housing for you four. Give it to him - " - she reached for an envelope lying on the table and you levitated it to your saddlebags - "and he will find a nice house for you four. Oh, and also, take these money -" - she threw you a bag filled with bits - "- and buy something nice for Last Word. Dismissed."

Do you have any questions to the general?
And if not, where are you going to head now?
>>
All right, sorry for delays everyone. This session is over, so see you all tomorrow and thanks for participating so far!
>>
>>29108896
Bump
>>
>>29108390
>"I wonder why are you still alive." - he sighed, rolling his eyes.
because we are an excellent warrior
>>
>>29108887
ask the general how the war is going

lets go shopping we will buy last word a pretty dress she may be able to have some sort of social life now she will want to look her best maybe she will even be able to impress a special somepony
>>
>>29111146
>diadem
well auctualy go sort out accommodation before we go shoping
>>
>>29111298
oops did not mean to have the word diadem there
not even sure why i had that word selected i know dam well what a diadem is so i doubt i was looking it up
>>
>>29111342
Bump
>>
I hope warlock does some more sketches.
>>
So Last Word won't fill us with pain and we may hug her freely now. Neat. Let's do that when we'll get a chance, she'll surely appreciate a warm embrace.
>>
>>29113465
Yeah its pretty great
Even better we can play cupid and find some colt to hook her up with
>>
>>29113496
This isn't a bad idea either, we could find her a friend/something more in the future.
>>
>>29113504
Or at least prepare her to meet somebody on her own
Hence the pretty dress
>>
"Permission to ask, ma'am?"
"Granted."
"Can you brief us about current situation at the frontlines? We were kind of isolated for the last week."
"Everything is going according to Lady Nightmare's plans. Solar Guard in the northern regions of Equestria is mostly crippled - there are not many battleworthy regiments apart from the ones which attacked Prosperity. Our forces even managed to slay general Iron Mane, which is not a big deal since the demise of general Vision.
In the south the forces are roughly equal, but we only need to prevent Solars from arriving at the Castle of Two Sisters for two weeks tops. Golden Word and Night Haunter are besieging the city of Colth, while Death and Decay distracts enemies in the south-east of our kingdom."
"But why can't we march to the Castle right now, while Solars are distracted?"
"Because we must retake Canterlot at first. And because it's sits literally on top of the mountain, ground offensive is foolish at the very least. So we are waiting until they the 'Nemesis' is finished"
"Uhm, and what is 'Nemesis', ma'am?"
"The biggest zeppelin known to ponykind, worthy to be Lady Nightmare's flagship. They said that they'll need at least twenty days to prepare her for the first flight, but I hope that refugees would accelerate the process."
"So you don't think that Canterlot will hold for too long?"
"Please, how are they going to defend the city? They have no walls and thunder will not even scratch the armor of 'Nemesis'. They city will be ours the night after Nightmare's flagship will loom over Canterlot's castle, or I'm not the Mistress of siege!"
She struck her breast with her forehoof and looked solemnly at the ceiling, as if making a vow.
"O-of course, ma'am. Now, we will take our leave, if you allow."
"Sure." - she grinned.
1/2
>>
>>29113652
2/2

"So." - you said, when you left the room - "I am going shopping with Last Word now."
"Look, Rime, I certainly do not mind, but I want to check that Long Night guy and see what housing he has for us, because I really want to catch a nap right now. So maybe we could deal with lodging now and after that you are free to go wherever you want?" - suggeseted Gust, emphasizing her point with a yawn.

Your actions?
>>
>>29113654
Yes go sort out acomidation before we go shopping
Remark that you hope to see Nemesis when it is completed
>>
File: 20161223_151411.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20161223_151411.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
Also, have general Perurbation in her armor.
>>
>>29113662
Nice
>>
>>29113662
>>29113654
Neat. Very well then, let's meet Long Night and get our temporary address, then rest for a bit and take Last Word on a short trip.
>>
>>29113660
>>29113686

"All right then, let's go to this bishop guy. And how are we going to find him."
"Don't tell me that you missed that conglomeration of spires and domes on our way there." - sighed Arcane.
"Seriously, Rime. Even I've noticed it!" - indignantly added Gust.
"Yeah, silly me." - you blushed a bit - "So, can you lead the way?."
"Sure." - he muttered and you went to the bishop.

When you entered the church you were a bit surprised that nopony was here. Well, you really had no idea how all this religious stuff works - you were raised in not-so-spiritual community after all.
Near the pulpit stood two earth ponies, talking with each other, one wore robes of the priest and other donned a pitch-black heavy armor. You heard a snippet of their conversation as you slowly walked towards them:
"-I understand, but our forces there are not enough for full-scale search."
"Then you should have asked for assistance of other guards."
"We asked. Both generals seemingly despise the idea that their troops will be searching for heretics."
"They should know that having their ...sect" - priest frowned in disgust - "in our town will cause civilian unrest."
Then both ponies noticed your presence and simultaneously turned their heads towards you.

"Ah, private Rime! Long time, no see. You came here for the spiritual guidance?" - asked an armored guardspony, whom you couldn't recognise, because his helmet concealed his face and distorted his voice.
"Eh, no... Have we met before... sir?"
Earth pony smirked and removed his helmet: "Lieutenant Argent Dawn at your service."

Your actions?
>>
>>29113778
Not today sir we have a lot to do but prehapes we will be back someday soon.
>>
>>29113778
Oh it's nice to see you again. I've never had the chance to thank you for leading Gust and I back to the camp.
We're here to see the bishop for details on our temporary house?
>>
>>29113810
>>29113819

"Oh, it's nice to see you again. And I guess I should thank you for leading Gme and Gust back to the camp after that ...encounter."
He nodded, acknowledging your gratitude and asked:"Then why are you here?"
"We were told by general Perturbation that we can get temporary housing here. I even have her permission!" - you replied, levitating the paper from your saddlebag.
"Oh, then I think you need to talk with bishop. Reverend?"
"Yes, yes." - grunted priest - "just give me that paper."
"We need it only for two nights, so we'll free it before refugees arrive, if that's the case."
"Oh, really? Well, it makes a difference. You should understand, it's our duty to help the bereaved and I can only pray to our Lady that we would be able to find a shelter and a meal for the refugees."
With such words old stallion trotted inside the curch, muttering something under his breath.

"You should visit one of his sermons while you are here. He is a remarkable preacher."
"Oh, I will try, but I can promise nothing. We kinda have tight schedule there."
"I see. May Moon help you in all your endeavors."

After a couple of minutes an old bishop returned, holding a ring with four keys in his mouth.
"There." - he said, handing you the keys - "Liberation street, house five. Just turn right when you leave the church and take a third turn on your left."
"My gratitude, bishop." - you bowed to the priest.

Do you want to ask them about anything or would you rather leave?
>>
>>29113911
Lets just head to our new acomadation
>>
>>29113911
Ask them for some noteworthy places we can visit with our friends, and go on dates with Gust.
>>
>>29113957
>>29114010
"And in case we would get some spare time, can you tell me about some nice places here in Cloudsdale?"
"That's not a question a member of clergy is ready to reply." - smiled Long Night - "Cloudsdale is a busy place and it's inhabitants have little time to spare for earthly pleasures. Perhaps, you could visit the 'Warm Welcome'. It is a small cafe where I enjoy a humble meal once in a while. If you are in a more festive mood though, you could visit 'The Tipsy Turnip'."
"Thanks reverend, lieutenant. And farewell."
"May Moon watch over you." - they replied in unison.

Your temporal house looked like it's owners just left it a couple of minutes ago. There were some toys on the floor, unwashed dishes in the sink and photos of some family - a married couple and a colt, all earth ponies.
"That's weird..." - muttered Last Word - "Why didn't previous owners left all this mess?"
"I couldn't care less now." - replied Arcane with a yawn - "I think you can sleep wherever that colt slept, I will take the couch in the living room and you..." - he glared at you and your marefriend and then sighed - "I guess your bed awaits you upstairs."
"Yeah, come on, Rime. Dream realm awaits." - Gust nodded in agreement.
Do you want to speak with any of your companions before they are going to sleep?
>>
>>29114147
Wonder what happened to the previous owners, seems like they left in a hurry...
I don't have anything to talk about, so let's go cuddle with Gust.
>>
>>29114147
>he glared at you and your marefriend and then sighed - "I guess your bed awaits you upstairs."
Why's ye scrawny arse bitchin fer us taking tha bed? In still kinda mad d'about you konkin me noggin.
>>
>>29114147
When we do decide to sleep let's take a bath before we soil the sheets.
>>
>>29114147
What time of day is it? If it's still bright outside we can go shopping with Last, that is if she's interested.
>>
>>29114147
Stupid freakin solars. This is late but I was hoping would could have pilfered some of the Solars equipment. Their armors and weapons. Heck, maybe we could have been compensated. Is in honorable to pick from the dead of your enemies? Maybe, maybe not. But their are few wars that are won with honoring your enemies. Except prisoners of war.
>>
>>29114353
Daily reminder that since the beginning of the war sun and moon had not left the sky.
>>
>>29114378
Oh....
>>
>>29114225
>>29114330
>>29114334
>>29114371

"Why is your scrawny ass bitching about us taking that bed?" - you mockingly asked him.
"I think he is just jelaous that I got such cute mare all for myself!" - Gust stuck out her tongue.
"Luna's buttocks, I am!" - he snapped - "So try not to wake all our neighbors this time."
"Eh, okay, sweet dreams then?" - you muttered, as blush creeped up on your face.
"Yeah, same to you." - he grunted and went to the living room.

"So, Gust, are we going to..." - you tried to ask the pegasus when you got to the second floor, but she just shook her head and yawned.
"All what you can expect are cuddles. I really need that bed. Like, really need it. But tomorrow..." - she grinned and leaed towards you - "We will have as much fun as you could never dream of."
"Stop teasing me." - you blushed again - "I will go and take a shower then."
"Sure." - she grinned - "I will try to stay awake until you return."
You removed your armor and trotted downstairs tothe bathroom. Lights were already out, so you assumed that both Arcane and Word were sleeping now. Then you took a quick shower, mindful of your marefriend's sleepy state.
After you returned, you both lay on the bed and snuggled for a couple of minutes, until Gust's yawning became too loud and you let her fall in the dreem realm.

"Hey, Gust, are you awake?" - you felt a sudden urge to talk with somepony about fife minutes after your cuddling session.
"Mhm?"
"I just thought could have pilfered some of the Solars equipment back in Prosperity. Their armors and weapons I mean. Heck, maybe we could have been compensated for it! Do you think it is honorable to loot your enemies? I don't really know. But there are few wars that are won with honoring your enemies. But of course you should honor prisoners of war..."
1/2
>>
>>29114505
2/2

As your thoughts flowed freely from your mouth, Gust dug through her saddlebags, until she finally found the thing she was looking for. Then she turned towards you in an instant and shoved a dildo up your throat.
"Sweet dreams honey." - she whispered, as you gagged in shock. When you finally managed to pull it out of your mouth, Gust was already snoring loudly.
Well, at least you didn't feel that urge to talk about weird things anymore.

Proceed to sleep, or do you have any other urges to satisfy?
>>
Oh, I didn't think Arcane would find us attractive too...

>>29114509
Sleep... and use the dildo as a hugging pillow.
>>
>>29114509
Shove your face in the the pillow, assume the position of ass up, have at it.

Maybe Arcane will accidentally walk in on us. How exciting~
>>
>>29114505
>"Why is your scrawny ass bitching about us taking that bed?"
Hahahaha! Holy shit, she actually said it word for word.
Would it be bad for Frosty to fuck Arcane? I don't know the character dynamic.
>>
>>29114717
>have at it
Just to clarify - that means show the dildo in your ass?
>>
Are we seriously gonna shove a dildo up our ass right next to a sleeping Gust? Is this seriously happening? This can only end hilariously and stupidly.
>>
>>29114726
Let's bring the pillow and the dildo to the bathroom. We can muffle Frosty with the pillow and keep from waking Gust who's currently sleeping.
>>
>>29114726
Unless we have proper lubrication you don't show the dildo us the asshole.
Try the other hole.
>>
>>29114717
>>29114793
>>29114799

You definetely had one more urge.
You carefully raised from the bed and levitated a pilow and the dildo from it.
Then you quietly went downstairs and opened the door to the bathroom.

Arcane lied in the bathtub. It was pretty obvious what he was doing there, despite the fact that you could only see his head over tub's walls.
As you opened the door, his head slowly turned towards you and he gave you a glare. A creepy, emotionless glare.

Your actions?
>>
>>29114876
Didn't know he was 'showering'.
...Apologize, slowly back out.
>>
Clearly we need to plan for a threesome with Arcane and Gust. He's stressed out to the point of glaring at others creepily.
>>
>>29114876
Should....should we help him out?
Position 69?
>>
>>29114943
"Uh, sorry..." - you muttered, quickly closing the door with your telekinesis.
After a few moments a stiffled moan came from the bathroom and you heard Arcane's voice:
"Now swallow it all. Don't spill a drop."

Your actions?
>>
>>29115041
>"Now swallow it all. Don't spill a drop."
Oh my... This is a bad idea, but I kinda wanna listen to his 'bathing' habits.
>>
The best course of action now is to probably wait till he leaves before going in. Maybe we can find one of those romance books somewhere in the house to read or something?
>>
>>29115041
Oh wow. That's kind of hot.
>>
>>29115067
>>29115111

Against your better judgement you decided to wait for him to leave the bathroom.
"Good girl..." - you heard Arcane muttering.

A couple of moments later the door suddenly swung open and Arcane left the bathroom with an expression of utter defeat written on his face.
"You are not buying it, right?"
"Eh? What do you mean?"
"You did not really thought that I was with Last Word in the bathroom?"
"So it was..."
"Yes. For some insane reason I thought that you would believe that I finally got laid and I decided that it would be fun to watch at your reaction. Well, that's another entry in the list of my failures. Have a good 'session', I suppose."

Do you want to say anything to him before he leaves?
>>
>>29115152
I honestly thought it was fantasy talk staring Gust or us.
"Stop moping around so much, you're not a failure! I mean, without you around, my obliviousness would've gotten us all killed already."

Whisper to him when we go in. "If you really wanna get laid, Considering that she's the one to suggest it in the first place... I might be able to arrange a threesome with Gust. "
>>
>>29115152
Would you feel better if I gave you a blowjob?
>>
>>29115152
I mean if there was actually someone in there that would be kind of hawt.
>>
>>29115152
Would he feel better if we found him a red skirt / whore / escorts, if there are any in this city?
>>
>>29115152
We he like to use our dildo? Do a little experimenting of his own next time~?
>>
Come to think of it, he did saved us from a lot of possible bad ends. Killed by cultists' summoned beast, possibly possessed by Rally, killed/tortured by solar guards etc etc.

>>29115331
I really wanna see this happen.
>>
>>29115152
>"Yes. For some insane reason I thought that you would believe that I finally got laid and I decided that it would be fun to watch at your reaction."
You're certainly right in it being an insane idea. You wouldn't do Lost, and we should be the only ones here.
>>
>>29115342
You know what? Maybe he deserves a little thank you present.
Who knows, maybe turn the three of them into a herd.
>>
>>29115152
Who's up for some polygamy shenanigans?
>>
Session ends now, I will start next one with a prompt for whatever ideas you guys will agree on.
Thanks for participating!
>>
Bump before i lose connection
>>
>>29115442
Unf
>>
>>29115152
Apologize for giving him such a hard time lately he has been through a lot recently and we should be more considerate.
>>
>>29116898
Yeah. What with losing his home.
>>
>>29116922
And having to raise those dead ponys
And having had the chance to calm down we really should not be getting angry at him for saving us from the guard
>>
Guys i think we broke our mage
>>
>>29117550
Oh we're gonna do more then break him. we'll destroy his mind and penis
>>
>>29117946
Preferably with Gust in the future, and her approval.
>>
>>29117946
No we need to be compassionate and understanding appolgise for the way we have treated him And then we ride his cock all night long
>>
>>29118286
I auctualy think we should be compassionate right now and seduce him tomorow

But i think i am going to be well and truely outvoted there
>>
>>29118387
Not that Anon, but I actually agree with you, if only for a chance to get Gust's approval on us courting/fucking Arcane.
>>
Bump for infidelity (not that i want it but its clear thats what the majority want)
>>
Reminder that whatever happens tonight may severely impact the group's future interactions.
>>
No, stay faithful to Gust, unless she approves.
>>
>>29119063
I bet we will get rejected by arcane anyway
>>
>>29115248
>>29115393
>>29115442
>>29116898
>>29118019
>>29118394
>>29119253

"Stop moping around! Sure, with all this shit you've been through recently you have a right to be depressed, but c'mon, you're still a Lunar Mage! Without you around, we would be killed several times already."
"This does not negate neither my failures, nor the fact that I am probably going to die a virgin."
"If you really wanna get laid, I might be able to arrange a threesome with me and Gust for you." - you winked.
"You... are you serious?" - he muttered, taking a step back.
"Absolutely. So, would you like to join?"
"Eh. Ehehehe. Well, if Gust agrees, then I see no reason why should I refuse this proposal." - he replied, blushing heavily.
"Then it's settled." - you smiled and trotted into the bathroom.
---
After a session of self-gratification you went to Gust's bed, snuggled your marefriend and fell into the realm of dreams.

"Oh, hey, you're awake now." - you heard Gust's voice as soon as you opened your eyes - "So, since I am refreshed, what do you think about us having a little fun?"
"Eh, I just wanted to talk about it. You see, I spoke with Arcane after you went asleep, and, well, I kinda offered him a threesome, so I wanted to ask if you wanna join?"
"Threesome, huh?" - she grinned - "You are a naughty filly, Frosty, you know?"
Then she stared at the ceiling for a moment and rubbed her chin.
"You know what? It sounds like it would be fun. It's not like we have any plans for now, so I'm going to prepare you~"
"You-you want to start right now?"
"Yeah, why not?" - she blinked a couple of times - "Why should we delay it?"

Your response?
>>
>>29119430
Get to it no time like the present.
>>
>>29119430
L-lewd!
>>
>>29119430
B-but I-I thought stuff like this is supposed happen after the food and stuff...
>>
>>29119513
Oh yes lets eat brekfast first
>>
>>29119513
>>29119519

"B-but I we could have breakfast before all this stuff."
"Huh, guess you're right." - she shrugged - "I will notify Arcane that everything I'm cool with idea and join you shortly after."

After a quick breakfast in an awkward silence, you two went upstairs.
"And where is Arcane?" - you asked after entering the room.
"Hey, remember I said that I need to prepare you? I will call him as soon as you are ready."
"What do you mean - 'prepare'?" - you asked, and Gust tossed you some pills.
"For starters - this. Just swallow one of them and lay on the bed."
You silently complied, while Gust rummaged through her saddlebags and finally got out of them some ropes and a horn ring.
"I-is it really necessary?" - you muttered.
"Oh, but I have to teach this naughty filly a lesson." - she grinned in reply - "And don't you dare to think that I have no idea about what had you done with my dildo."
"I..." - you started, blushing heavily, but Gust silenced you with a passionate kiss and began tying your limbs to the corners of the bed. Then she placed a restrining ring at the base of your horn and smiled, enjoying her work.
"All right, I'll go and fetch Arcane, don't get too bored!" - she giggled and trotted downstairs.

After about a minute Gust and Arcane emerged into the room, the latter with his eyes closed.
"Behold!" - solemnly proclaimed Gust, pointing her hoof straight at your crotch.
Unicorn carefully opened his eyes and you could swear that his dark purple coat turned crimson on his face.
"H-hello." - you muttered, as your face began to burn and waved your tail invitingly.
"Feel free to use any of her holes." - continued Gust, clearly amused by this situation. Then she trotted towards her saddlebags and got some kind of strapon out of them - "C'mon, Arcane. I'll show you how to do it."
"This is just some Luna-damned dream" - he muttered, as predatory grin appeared on his face - "and I like it."
1/2
>>
>>29119725
2/2

It was horrible.
Sure, you could not deny that you found such experience exciting, along with all those toys Gust brought with her, but you didn't came even a single time!
Every time you reached the peak of pleasure, Gust halted Arcane and they both listened to your aroused moans. You pleaded, you begged for release, but Gust was adamant.
"You're a naughty filly." - was her only reply to your cries for mercy - "And you need to learn your lesson."
After what seemed like eternity, Arcane was finally exhausted and said that he is going to walk around the town to 'think about his life'. After he left, Gust leaned towards you and whispered to your ear:
"You were a good little filly. Now I'm going to grab some booze and we'll look if you learned your lesson well."
With such words she trotted downstairs too.
So you were sprawled on the bed, gagged, covered in a thick layer of bodily fluids and vibrator throbbing in your most intimate area. You were sure that thing could not get any worse and silently prayed that Gust wouldreturn soon, as the damned sex toy was driving you insane.
Oh, how deeply you were mistaken.
Suddenly, windows in the room were shattered and a cloaked pegasus stallion darted in.
"Huh." - he said in puzzlement - "And I thought there were only two of you. Well, ain't it my lucky day?"
Then he landed on top of you and changed the damned dirty vibrator with his already erect member and began pleasuring himself, completely oblivious to your violent thrashing in the restraints.

On a whim stallion removed your ballgag and gave you a deep kiss. Though after your muzzles disconnected he seemingly forgot about the gag, fully immersed in pounding you sensless.

You can cry for help, you can beg him for release.
Or you can really say anything you want. Or even say nothing! It's up for you to decide!
>>
>>29119731
Really tempted to beg him for sweet release...
Ask for his name, so we can scream it? Or we can just scream for him to pound us harder.
I'm sure someone we know will hear and help?
>>
>>29119755

"Ah - sir - please - tell me - your - name!" - you abruptly cried, as stallion continued pounding you.
"You want too much, slut." - he smirked.
"Yes! Harder! Harder!" - you screamed, rolling her eyes.

Stallion had delivered his charge into your womb two times already and you were finally reaching your peak, when an angry voice came from the first floor:
"Can you be just a little more quiet? I am trying to sleep here, you know!"
Embarassed stallion quickly reached to the gag and stuffed it back in your mouth and you only managed to emit a displeased moan before you were silenced again.
Then he got off you and trotted to a wall near the door and tore down the wallpapers to reveal the iron strongbox hidden beneath them. After that, he reached to his saddlebags for the leys, opened the strongbox, grabbed a lone folder lying inside it and flew out in the broken window.

After an undetermined period of time you heard hoofsteps coming from the first floor and your marefriend entered the room.
"What-what just happened there?" - exclaimed Gust, looking at the broken window and the open strongbox. Then she quietly cursed and rushed to unrestrain you.
"Some bastard tried to rob the house while you were out and, well, raped me..." - you muttered as soon as Gust removed the gag from your mouth.
"Oh dear. I-I am sorry, I just..." - then she shook her head - "Damn, did he take anything important?"
"I don't think so." - you looked at the now empty strongbox - "There were some documents there and that was the only thing he took."
"Hey, it looks like he dropped something!" - exclaimed Gust, raising a lone paper from the floor - "And it's... weird. Really weird. Looks like some design plan or something like that. Here, take a look."
You levitated the schematics in front of your head. You were not an expert, but you could clearly see that it was a plan of some kind of airship.
"So, have any ideas what could it be?" - asked Gust.

Your actions?
>>
>>29119975
Can we just stay close to Gust for a while... I mean we just got raped and all... we'll need to clean ourselves too.

An airship? Hmm... We gotta find Lady Perturbation and show her this, and talk about that stallion who broke in. Kinda hard to avoid talking about how we got 'punished' and raped though...
We should also talk to the bishop again, ask him about the ponies that used to be here, to find out why would there be sensitive information hidden in this house.
>>
>>29119975
So what was that pill you gave us?
>>
>>29119975
Stupid fucking horn ring.
>>
>>29120053
Lesbians and perverts, everyone.
>>
>>29119975
Now wouldn't it be a bag of shit if he stole the schematics of of largest airship? They must be planning on sabotaging the ship and aim for it's weaknesses, because I doubt they have the time to make their own.
>>
>>29119975
Did we get a look at his face, mane, and coat color?
>>
>>29119975
Use your hooves to throw the ring out the window.
>>
>>29120146
But think of the ponies outside, throw it at the wall or something instead.
>>
>>29120174
The ponies outside could fuck off for all I care. Having Gust search the ground outside for it sounds appealing. Plus, it just seems a weeee bit more dramatic.
>>
>>29120032
>>29120039
>>29120053
>>29120127
>>29120136
>>29120146

"Knowing my luck - 'Nemesis'."
"It is be pretty shitty if he really stole it's schematics, eh?" - Gust scratched her chin.
"I am not sure he even stole them. He got keys for that strongbox and he obviously knew where to look for."
"That makes things even weirder. Guess we have to talk to that Long Night guy about previous owners. And to general Perturbation too. Well, after you are all right, of course."
You sighed and pulled the dampening ring from your horn. As you threw it out of the window, Gust's eyes widened:
"Hey! Such things are pretty pricey, you know? I mean, sure, that was kinda my fault, but..." - her voice trailed - "Look, for what it's worth - I'm really sorry for that shit."
"Gust, can you just... sit next to me for now?" - you quietly sighed.
"Oh, well, sure!" - she climbed on the bed and embraced you in a tight hug - "Better?"
"Yeah, thanks..."
You cuddled silently for a couple of minutes, until Gust spoke up:
"So, do you remember how he looked like?"
"Yellow coat, blue eyes... I don't remember his mane though. And I wanted to ask - what were that pills for?"
"I thought that was obvious. Contraception, duh." - she replied.

So, where are you going to go (after the bathroom, of course)?
>>
>>29120306
First thing we should do is report this to lady Perturbation asap.

If Arcane isn't back yet, tell Last Word to tell him what happened, sans the raping and stuff of course, telling that to a cute little filly just feels wrong.
>>
All right, this session is over, hope I will get some more suggestions before the next one starts.

On an unrelated note, which secondary character you want me to draw next?
>>
>>29120306
Report straight to General perturbation
Make sure to bring the plans
>>
Man, this sucks. Even after all that, we still didn't cum.
>>
>>29120306
Tell gust that you dont mind the kinky stuff but she needs to stop leaving you tied up alone especially now that we are at war what if we got attacked whilst i was immobilized and alone the city could be falling whilst i am stuck tied to the bed.
>>
>>29120306
Go clean yourself you filthy unicorn whore.
>>
>>29120306
Who should we tell about this - t-the pony to took the schematics.
>>
>>29120561
>On an unrelated note, which secondary character you want me to draw next?
I would rather a picture of rime herself but if it has to be a secondary character how about the lead solar from the bar brawl i wanna see all those pelts he was wearing.
>>
Bump for responsible bondage
>>
Christmas bump
>>
Christmas Bump 2: Electric Boogaloo
>>
>>29120561
Rime getting raped
>>
>>29120337
>>29121119
>>29121529
>>29122273

"Okay, we need to inform Lady Perturbation about that, so take that paper as a proof. And look if Last Word is awake, and, well, just tell her that we need to visit the general ASAP. If not - write a note or something. And yeah, you really need to stop leaving me tied up alone. Not that I mind the whole thing, but we are at war now. What if the city got attacked whilst I was immobilized?"
"C'mon, don't exaggerate, you filthy unicorn whore." - she grinned - "Now go and clean yourself."
Blushing, you rushed out of the room.

After cleaning yourself. Then you and Gust donned armor, grabbed weapons and finally headed towards the Cloudsdale Castle. As you were walking down the busy streets of the Lower City, you have spotted an interesting display. A small crowd gathered around one of the houses, at which entrance stood five ponies.
Three of them - unicorn and two earth ponies - wore armor of the Nightbringers, and one of the earth ponies sported a skull-mask instead of normal helmet. Two remaining ponies were a filly even younger than Last Word and some elderly stallion, both of them were shackled.

Do you want to investigate the situation, or would you rather move to the caste?
>>
>>29125885
Move to the castle there is no time to lose
>>
>>29125885
Seconding >>29125896
>>
>>29125896
>>29125966

Whatever was happening there didn't bother you at that moment - you had an urgent message to deliver.

It was not hard to convince castle guards to let you in - you only had to wave the plans in front of their faces and after a mere minute a guardspony of Steel Regiment was assigned to lead you to Lady Perurbation.

"I guess you have something important to tell me?" - raised her eyebrow the earth pony mare.
"Yes, ma'am." - you saluted - "The house we got from bishop Long Night was robbed. While we did not manage to capture the thief, he dropped this - " - you levitated the paper to Perturbation - "It turned out that there was a hidden strongbox in that house and thief knew about it's existance and contents. So we thought we should repot about it to you, ma'am."
She inspected the schematics for a couple of seconds and then crumpled it in her hoof.
"Of course..." - she muttered - "Of course these zealots are not even competent enough to just search a house! Sometimes I think that they're nothing more than a fancy-dressed castrato choir."
Then she shook her head, regaining her composure and continued:
"Remember I said that you have a day off? Well, disregard that. You look like a capable mare, so I want you to investigate about these rebels and do anything to disrupt their operations. If you will manage to get the location of their ringleaders or their hideout - just come to the castle or to any guard post in the town. And I think you should talk with these damned Nightbringers - despite their overall incompetence they spent the most time with the civilians. They should help you."

Any questions?
>>
>>29126078
Alright, guess the next step is to find Dawn, or go see if those Nightbringers are still there.

Ask her for directions to the Nightbringers.
>>
>>29126078
Mention what the thief said about expecting only 2 people in the home.

Ask why there is such a heavy church presence in this town.
>>
>>29126095
>>29126106

"So, ma'am, where can we find these Nightbringers?"
"Just ask in any church. The bigger the church - the more important pony sits there, that's pretty simple."
"Thanks. And why there is such a heavy church presence in Cloidsdale."
"You think it's heavy?" - she laughed - "You're a naive one, aren't you? Let me tell you a story. There were some communities of ponies who worshipped the moon scattered throughout the Equestria. In one of them grew up an unicorn named Golden Word. She was a gifted orator and preacher, so she quickly became the leader of the community. Then she started to see prophetic dreams. Inspired by the impending arrival of the 'messiah', she started a 'great crusade' and managed to convert nearvy settlements to her faith. And then Lady Nightmare came. Golden Word recognised her as the messiah from her dreams and swore allegiance to the Lady of the Night. Thus the Nightbringers were born. As Lady Nightmare marched through Equestria, banishing Discord's spawns, preachers followed her hoofsteps. The ranks of Nightbringers grew and grew as more and more ponies witnessed Lady Nightmare's powers. If not for both princesses denying their divinity, there would be churches and chapels around every corner now.
So, back to your question. There are fifty Nightbringers left in the Cloudsdale to 'purge the heretical filth'. Of course, they employ help from the locals, but their influence is really minuscule considering the size of the city."
"Thanks again, ma'am. Oh, and I remembered one more detail. When we encountered the thief, he said that he was expecting only two ponies in the house."
"That's because he saw me and Arcane left, you moron." - hissed Gust and you blushed.
"Oh, well, nevermind, sorry for bothering you, ma'am." - you muttered, avoiding the gaze of unamused general.
"I'd rather abstain from listening about your 'adventures'." - she replied bluntly - "Do you have any more questions?"

Your actions?
>>
>>29126269
Uh, no.
Let's go to the church we visited yesterday. Check if those Nightbringers were still around on the way there.
>>
>>29126269
Religious fanatics who use auxiliary police made out of civilians to hunt down and punish other civilians. Sounds fun. Determine if the commotion is still there or has been dealt with, then go to biggest fucking church we can see.
>>
>>29126358
>>29126589

"No, ma'am. We will take our leave then."
Then you left the castle. Unfortunately, Nightbringers you met earlier had already left and you headed towards the Long Night's church.

"You've returned." - greeted you an old bishop - "What brings you here?"
"A couple of questions, reverend. At first I wish to inquire who lived in the house before us."
"A family of heretics." - he replied with a frown - "Their property was confiscated and they were sent to the labor camps. I suppose this question came to your head not because of idle curiosity?"
"We were ...robbed by some pegasus. It turned out that these heretics had kept some stolen documents in that house and the thief was probably sent to retrieve them. We're now tasked with finding this thief and his superiors."
"I think you should speak to Lieutenant Dawn about that matter. He is currently patrolling the city, but he should be back to the next sermon in four hours. The peal would indicate it's start, so you will know when to return. Until then - I'm ready to answer your questions, if you have any."

Your actions?
>>
>>29126605
Just out of curiousity, how many heretics you found, say, during the week before our arrival? Is majority of the local population enlightened by the Moon, or our church has less than pleasant time teaching these folks?
>>
>>29126605
Right, What kind of heretics were they? What led to them being found out? Names? Known weaknesses that we can exploit in our interrogation?
Where are the labor camps? We might need to interrogate them for more information and leads.
>>
>>29126618
>>29126638

"And here comes the question of idle curiousity. How many heretics you found for the last week? Is majority of the local population enlightened by the Moon, or our church has less than pleasant time teaching these folks?"
"We started our proscriptions literally two days ago. You see, before the war many ponies worshipped both Celestial Siblings equally. Some preferred Lady of the Night, others - Sol Tyrant. The problem is that you can not say that one of them is god whilst another is just a mortal, so it would be foolish to expect ponies to worship only Lady Nightmare. We understand that ponies need time to turn away from false beliefs - treachery of the Sol Tyrant was surely a shock for many of them.
We do not expect them to be truly enlightened, we do not expect them to change their hearts in an instant. The ones we claim heretics now are ponies who openly declared that their despise Lady Nightmare or support the Sol Tyrant and thus are underlying the faint semblance of unity. Of course, when Mistress of the Moon will prevail over her wayward sister, ponies foolish enough to continue clinging to their false goddess will not get any mercy. And to answer your question - nine households in the area assigned to my church. For more information you should ask lieutenant Dawn, since his troops are responsible for the prosriptions."

"I see. And what could you tell me about the ones, whose house we live in now?"
"I know only their names and their trade. Sharp Divider was an engineer, his spouse, Ornate Ring, was a jeweler and their son, Stainless Pendant, was some smith's apprentice. Labor camps are located in the southern part of the city. Though since the moment they entered the camps they are no longer under the authority of church, so you have to ask local guard for the permission to interrogate them."
"That would be no problem, reverend. Thank you for your assistance."

Do you have any more questions?
>>
>>29126792
Nah, not really. I'd like to see the camp, if it's not against any other Anon's plans.
>>
>>29126792
Seconding this >>29126801
>>
>>29126792
We've a few hours. We could go to the camp and ask the guards there to let us interrogate the family. What does Gust think about this?
>>
>inb4 Auschwitz
>>
>>29126801
>>29126822
>>29126990

"That was nothing. Do you have any more questions?"
"No, reverend. We need to hurry, if you excuse us."
"Of course, may Moon watch over you."

"So, to the camp?" - you asked your marefriend when you left the church.
"Sure, why not?" - she shrugged.
You could say that labor camp was a city inside the city. A stone wall, albeit not so high and thick as the city one, surrounded it's territory.
Inside there were a couple of manufactories, though most of the space was occupied by barracks and occasional watchtowers.
Seems like guards at the gates were forewarned about your possible arrival, since as soon as you approached them, you were offered to proceed to administrative building and talk with canp's overseer.

"I am overseer Strict Order." - introduced himself a weary earth pony stallion - "I guess you're here on behalf of lady Perturbation?"
"That's true." - you nodded - "I've a list of suspects I need to talk to. Names are Sharp Divider, Ornate Ringand and Stainless Pendant."
"So, whom you want to interrogate first? And if you want, I can order to prepare the dungeon."

So, your decision?
>>
>>29127016
No dungeon yet, just a quiet room. Get the youngest first, for efficiency.
>>
>>29127016
Speak with the son first.
>>
Current session is over, hope to see you all tomorrow and Merry Christmas to everyone!

And post questions you want to ask the pony you want to interrogate.
>>
>>29127016
The son I suppose
>>
Are we the bad guys?
>>
>>29127288
I suppose you could look at it that way but if we are solars are clearly worse

Honestly i was suprised how mild the nightbringers were about all this they are clearly batshit insane so the amount of restrait they exercised is impressive.
I imagine they will be on the choping blick once equestria is secure.
>>
>>29127537
I truly wonder if Warlock follows canon or not.
>>
>>29127579
I'm kinda hoping not, or we're all doomed by canon.
>>
>>29127016
Talk to the son first its likely he is simply infulunced by his parents so it may be possible to bring him round.

Play good cop bad cop with him you be good cop gust is bad cop her hard attitude did a good job of getting arcane to stop sobbing after those resurrections and your softer ways were good at getting him to do it in the first place so there is clearly merit in both.

We wont need a dungeon thanks just a quite room.

Make it clear to him we are not religious hopefuly he will respond better when it is about equestrias freedom then faith.

Open the interrogation asking why he pledged aligance to the sol tyrant hes just a kid he was probably lied to if needed explain the true nature of the situation to him.
>>
>>29127589
This is the reason I hope yes.
>>
>>29127589
I think this quest is set in the future
I think It was mentioned near the start that the sisters have rulled before i think discord relapsed and now celestia snapped and tried to take all the power causing luna to revert back to nightmare moon in rage.
>>
>>29127639
Qm just confirmed otherwise it is set in the past
>>
Bump for a nice midday boxing day rest.
>>
>>29128827
Next time let's have some nice softcore sexy time with Gust and Arcane bump
>>
>>29129627
I dont know about vanila but we are gonna have to talk to gust about not leaving us tied up alone drop it for now because we are busy and cannot afford any potentiol arguments but once things calm down we will have to put our hoof down we need to be able to get into battle at any moment it may have already cost us our superweapon.

Speaking of i wonder if we will be in the siege on canterlot and if so where we will be assigned
>>
>>29129741
I'll have to partially disagree with you. Leaving someone tied up with a vibrator stuck in them for hours sounds kinky as fuck, but due to the whole 'I was raped because my marefriend wanted to try something kinky' would really leave a bad taste in one's mouth.
>>
>>29129871
Well i was more concerned about the stolen plans but i will admit it is pretty hot.

Oh well we dont have to worry about it for a while need to deal with this other stuff first
>>
>>29129741
Damn, talk about run on sentences.

It was a ver exceptionally occurrence anon. Frosty would, probably quit bondage because of the rape.
>>
>>29129913
>more concerned about the theft then the rape
Ms harshwhinny approves of this professionalism.

We are very a professional soldior even during the act we were able to keep our head enough to try tricking him into revealing his identity.

Fuck in hindsight we should have gotten a sketch made of the thief so the guards could keep an eye out.
>>
>>29131027
Fuck forgot pic
>>
>>29127016
I find it kind of funny that we're not even phased. Frosty's a tough mare.
>>
>>29131071
Probably been through much worse to stave of our gambling debts

I doubt we have ever comprimised a superweapon before though
>>
>>29131027
>>29131071
>>29131089

It's because after a couple of hours with Arcane and Gust these five minutes with thief were pretty negligible. Plus, you can say that she still can't think clearly.

On an unrelated note, I may be unable to run today, though if you want I can start next session a couple of hours earlier to compensate.
>>
>>29131261
Makes sense

An early compensation start would be neat but dont overextend yourself.
>>
>>29127537
I would say in morality order from badest guys to least bad guys it goes

Evil tier
>princess celestia
>solar guard
Misguided tier
>nightbringers (clearly only ever kept around because they were useful)
>civilans siding with celestia
>children siding with celstia because there peers did
>children siding with celestia becase there parents are filthy sunfags (would love to bring as many of these around to the moon as possible)
Mostly good but maybe stretching whats ethical on occasion tier
>nightmare moon
>everybody else

I was tempted to put nightmare moon on the same level as everybody else but it seems that celestias power grab may have sent her a little insane she did change her name after all.

Time will tell just how badly her sisters betrayal has eroded her sanity but as long as she does not try and declare herself a god and at least attempts to ensure we still have a sun to grow crops by im sure she will be better then celestia would be.

The nightbringers may be able to brought lower on the list based on what we see in the labor camp

If they really are as understanding about the situation and how hard it will be for the sun worshipers to come around as they claim i might knock them down a peg but i do not really trust them.
I suspect the only reason they are allowing those who still wish to follow both to stay in there homes (i get the feeling when he says only the outspoken ones were put into camps he auctualy meant everybody that sided with celestia (which is fair i suppose they are a security risk)) is that if they did not the rest of the guard would have steped in and put a stop to it.
>>
>>29127288
>>29127537
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU
>>
>>29131801
>if theres one thing we learnt in the last thousand miles of retreat its that russian agriculture is in dire need of mechanisation.
Fuck my sides.

To bring it back to the quest i really hope celestia does not lower the sun before the blade falls over her head it would be pretty shit to have no sun to grow crops with.
>>
>>29131819
>implying that NMM would be unable to control sun AND moon as Celestia did in canon.
>>
>>29131828
Good point.
>>
>>29131819
Is it really necessary to kill her, tho?
>>
>>29131841
I suppose you could lock her up dont want to make her a martyr prehapes.
Not really up to us though.
>>
>>29131846
Although if she does lower the sun out of spite she may just keep lowering it every time luna raises it.
>>
>>29131856
>implying that NMM would be unable to banish her to the sun using the EoH like Celestia did in canon.
>>
>>29131870
Now that would be a nice way to get rid of her.
We may be getting ahead of ourselves though there is still a war to win and hubris has undone many a surefire victory
>>
Bump
>>
>>29132359
Foal fiddling bump.
>>
>>29134251
Mental tramp bump
>>
>>29132359
If i was princess celestia and i saw this invasion force approaching canterlot i would surender right there.
>>
>>29131819
I wonder what they did about food under discord i assume the movements of the sun and moon got rather unpredictable.
>>
>>29127030
>>29127101
>>29127237
>>29127606

"Being Stainless Pendant first. And a quiet room would be enough, thanks." - you replied.
"As you wish." - he snorted - "I will show you the way, inmates will arive shortly after."

"Okay, here is the plan." - you tell Gust, as soon as you're left alone in a small windowless room with three chairs, a table and a candle on it - "We are going to do it good guard and bad guard way. I hope I don't need to explain who'll be who."
"Gotcha." - she grinned - "Can I beat him up then?"
"If I wanted you to, I would've told overseer to prepare the dungeon. And one more thing, we must not talk about religion matters. We are just guards concerned about stolen plans, okay?"
"Yeah, yeah, I got it." - she rolled her eyes - "No physical violence, no threats of eternal suffering in the afterlife."

After a dozen minutes or so local guards pushed the shackled colt into the room. Well, not really a colt, almost a stallion you could say, plus he already had his quitiemark - an amulet and hammer.
"To make things clear." - said Gust, spreading her wings - "I got these nice gifts from Lady Nightmare not because I was nice to some mudborn filth. So if I see even the slightest hint of insincerity in your answers"
"H-hey, it wasn't necessary!" - you replied, turning towards your partner.
"Placing you here so I wouldn't beat him sensless was not necessary." - she snapped - "But no, these faggots insisted that you should take part in the interrogation. So cut your bullshit short so I could do what is needed."
"Oh, o-kay" - you muttered and the looked back at the frightened colt - "So, your name is Stainless Pendant, huh?"
"Y-yes, miss." - he stammered - "I'' tell you everything, just don't leave me with her!"
Well, that was wasy.
"All right. As I understood, you openly announced your allegiance to the Sol Tyrant. Why did you do that, despite the fact that Cloudsdale is ruled by Lady Nightmare?"
1/2
>>
>>29137573
2/2

"But-but we aren't traitors! I mean, we all heard the decree and almost nopony dared to talk about Celestia."
"Then how did you end up here?"
"It was all because of pops. He's ... a short-tempered stallion, especially when it comes to his beliefs, and, well, somepony from his work told Nightbringers about him. When they came he just started screaming that it was his right to believe in whatever he wants, so they denounced us all as heretics."
"And where did that peice of traitorous shit worked?" - Gust raised her eyebrow.
"At-at wharfs, miss. He was some sort of engineer, did something with engines, I think, I honestly know nothing more, please don't beat me!"
Well, one could say that appearance of the ascended pegasi was kind of ...demonic, but you didn't expect that anypony would be so scared by them.

Any more questions to him?
>>
>>29137583
Thank him for his help and promise to talk to Lady Perurbation about the nightbringers taking whole familys for the actions of a single member.
Ask him to keep an eye out for others wrongfully imprisoned for the sins of there family.

Get the wife brought in see if she can tell you exactly where he works dont tell her what you plan to talk to Lady Perurbation about though.

Tell gust she did well once he leaves the room
>>
>>29137620
We should also subtly confirm his story when speaking with the wife.
Kiss Gust on the cheek when he leaves.
>>
>>29137583
I dunno, i'm gonna go to bed soonish. Maybe see if Gust can give him a little bruise on him his leg to put a little fear in him.
>>
>>29137687
Right, pull Gust back if she starts beating the cute young stallion.
>>
>>29137687
I disagree he gave us what we wanted and cooperated fully.
>>
>>29137719
I only suggested that on the chance he was lying to hide something and suspected we had a good cop bad cop routing going, but like I said. I'm tired, and that's just me being needlessly paranoid.
>>
>>29137729
I suppose we can see if what he said lines up with the wifes story
If there is a problem we can bring him back in and gust can get a little violent.
>>
>>29137739
Also sleep well anon
>>
>>29137743
Thanks I was just Watonga nod off
>>
>>29137583
Tell me little stallion. Where does your Allegiance lies? The Sol Tyrant, or our Lady Nightmare?
>>
>>29137620
>>29137644
>>29137687
>>29137710
>>29137739
>>29137786

"Tell me little stallion, where does your allegiance lie?"
"You-you know that there is only one right answer, miss?" - he replied meekly.
"Get your dirty ass from the chair and raise on your hindlegs." - suddenly ordered Gust.
"I-I am sorry, I..." - Pendant tried to apologize, but quickly silenced himself under ascended pegasus' glare and complied.
Gust slowly walked owards him and looked at his shaking body. Then she suddenly turned around and struck his groin with here hindlegs and colt fell on the floor, wimpering.
"We are the ones asking questions here." - she snarled and returned to her chair.
"Uh, you shouldn't be so cruel with him. He cooperated fully after all." - you told to your grinning marefriend and turned towards the colt - "I'll tell you what. I'll talk to Lady Perurbation about all this taking whole families for the actions of a single person as a token of my gratitude."
"T-thanks, miss." - he whispered and then you yelled to the guards: "Take him away and bring Ornate Ring there!"

As soon as you were left alone with Gust, you kissed her on her cheek.
"You did well there." - you whispered.
"Oh, I can do even better, just watch." - she gave you a wide smile in return.

1/2
>>
>>29137830
2/2

"Come in, take a seat." - Gust greeted the earth pony mare when she entered the room.
She fearfully looked at you, awaiting some kind of confirmation, but you gave none.
Then she walked to the chair and landed on it's edge, awaiting interrogation, but your companion just eyed her silently.
The mare shifted uncomfortably under pegasus' gaze, and Gust suddenly snapped:
"So you just gonna sit there and look at me like some cheap whore? Get up! Name, age, occupation?"
Mare darted from the chair, blushing heavily and quickly replied:"Ornate Ring, thirty-four, jeweler."
"Good whore." - muttered Gust with a grin on her face - "And for how long were you spreading your legs for that shit of a stallion?"
"I I'm in a happy marriage for a twenty years, miss."
"Twenty years? Gee, I wonder how many stallions were inside you for that time, because that colt looks nothing like your husband."
"You - what had you done with my son?"
"You know, judging by how he screamed when I beat him shitless, I thought that these Nightbringers guys could use some addition to their castrato choir."
"W-what? P-please - " - she began to plead, but Gust instantly soared towards her and landed a heavy slap on her cheek.
"Shut up, dirt-born filth. From now on you will only answer our questions if you want your precious son's dick intact, understood?"
Mare just silently nodded as tears formed in the corners of her eyes and Gust turned towards you with a victorious grin on her face:"She is all yours."
"Thanks." - you nodded and turned to Ornate Rong - "So, how did you end up here?"
"I-it was all Sharpie." - she sobbed - "He-he always grunted about everything, especially at work. I-I had always told him to be more careful with his words, but h-he just ignored me. He drank too much before one of his shifts and then they came for us..."

What do you want to ask her now?
>>
>>29137833
>"I-it was all Sharpie." - she sobbed - "He-he always grunted about everything, especially at work.
Grunted: make a low inarticulate sound, typically to express effort or indicate assent.
Lol what QM?
>>
>>29137833
Ask her exactly where her husband worked and if she knows who turned him in.

Ask if he often brought his work home with him.

Also inquire on how much her son knew about his fathers job that should be a good way to tell how honest he was being.
>>
>>29137833
Keep up the good / bad cop act, I think it's working.
>>
>>29137833
>so Miss Ring. How do you feel about your time in the camp?
We know how it is for them. But let's ask her about it anyways.
>>
>>29137833
Ask her about the friends he would bring over, if any, and and colleges out his.
>>
>>29137862
Aaaaaannd this is what I get for using a phone.
>>
>>29137847
If she does not cooperate tell her gust was exagerating how badly she beat pendant but asure her thats only because you would not let her hurt somebody who had cooperated so much

Only say that if she refuses to answer our questions though.
>>
>>29137842
English is not the qms first language i assume he meant groaned
>>
>>29137903
On which note it should be mentioned that this anon
>>29137862
Meant colleagues not colleges
>>
>>29137842
>>29137903
Maybe I should have used 'grumbled' instead.
I thought 'to grunt' and 'to grumble' are synonyms.
>>
>>29137847
>>29137848
>>29137852
>>29137862

"Ahem. So, miss Ring, how do you feel about your time in the camp?"
"I-I don't think I get to complain, r-right? I mean, it's not that horrible - sure, we work longer and don't have much free time, but..." - her voice trailed as she struggled to find appropriate words.
"I understand." - you smiled - "Do you know who exactly turned your husband in?"
"They didn't tell." - she shook her head - "For what it's worth it could be any of his colleagues or just some bar patrons."
"I see. Your husband must've been a pretty busy stallion before?"
"Oh, yes." - she replied with a hint of pride - "He worked at Cloudsdale wharfs, designing engines for the airships!"
"And had he brought any of his work home?"
"How could he? They have a strict safety policy about it. I remember him complaining about it to me and Penchant..."
"Hm. Were any of his friends or colleagues put in the camps before?"
"No, he was first. Many of them ...have worshipped Celestia before, but they all abided the decree."

Any more questions?
>>
>>29137943
I was right it will be less edgy version of Auschwitz, but didn't think we'll be the ones to strengthen this impression. The stories ad up fo me, so either they are being truthful or they had a legend ready. I guess it's time for the father, if other Anons agree. I don't really know how we could even try to reassure the mare after what Gust already did.
>>
>>29137943
Ask what bars her husband visited
Also ask if he had mentioned any ships in particular he had been working on

Then call in sharp himself

Once ornante ring has left tell gust that if it turns out the son did take advantage of your distrust of the nightbringers to trick you into thinking he is innocent you will castrate him yourself

Sharp is aparenty stubborn so lets keep the good guard/bad guard but amp up the fear a tiny bit.

Open the interview by telling him you were supposed to be gift shopping today and are rather annoyed about having to cancel so your heart is not totaly in holding gust back.

Tell him if he cooperates he might end up with life in prison instead of execution for what he did.

Then get right to the questions when did he steal those plans who did he tell about them has he done anything to the engines he worked on.

Be ready with ice to sooth any wounds gust gives him.
>>
>>29137972
>I don't really know how we could even try to reassure the mare after what Gust already did.
When she sees him she will see he is uninjured. I would not worry about them to much.
>>
>>29137994
Also remind gust not to get to into it
>>
>>29138010
I wouldn't call being kicked in the groin "uninjured". But I guess it could be worse.
>>
>>29137972
>>29137994
>>29138016

"What bars did you husband frequented?"
"'The Tipsy Turnip'. It's the closest one to our house."
"And had he mentioned any ships he had been working on recently?"
"He had worked on Gloriana. Oh, I mean Nemesis - they changed the name since war started. He never got quite used to it."
"Well, thanks for your cooperation then. Guards, you can take her and bring the last one there."

"Gust, you are really doing great here, but try not to get too much into it, okay?" - you told your marefriend as soon as you were left alone again.
"Sure, sure." - she puffed her cheeks - "Deny me all the fun."
"Oh, come on. If it turns out that that boy tricked me into thinking he is innocent, we can castrate him together~"
"You are such a durty filly, you know?" - she grinned back.

"You know" - you started in the most unamused tone as soon as shackled earth pony stallion entered the room - "I was supposed to be gift shopping today, so I'm not inclined to hold her" - you waved your hoof at your companion - "back if she tries to do anything ...unpleasant."
"I don't care." - he spat on the floor - "You can dp anything to me, but days of your devil-goddess are numbered!"
"Trying to play martyr, old fart?" - growled Gust - "I wonder how much time will I have to spend to make you beg for mercy."
"My faith will help me preserve my dignity, you starspawn! Celestia protects!"

Well, you suspected he would be stubborn, but such zeal was unexpected.
Your actions?
>>
And sorry for typos everyone, guess I should take a short nap. Will start again in a couple of hours.
>>
>>29138097
Order for a big bucket of water, small pegs and hammer and some pre-heated ominous-looking metal thingies like hooks, scissors and spikes, along with some coals to keep them hot. Then politely inquire about his job. I wonder if we should outright tell him about stolen documents in a certain "we know that you know" manner.
>>
>>29138097
Devil goddess you say i assure you i am under no delusions of divinity for either princess i just dont want this land rulled by another discord

Time to drop the good guard it worked for the first 2 but its not gonna work here

As for thinking us starspawn how about you cooperate or we will have our mage feed your soul to auctual starspawn
Sit back and let gust have her turn
>>
>>29138108
Have a nice rest
>>
>>29138114
Sleep well.
>>
>>29138114
Why not just take him down to the dungeon that probably already has all that stuff.
Although i would say try get info out of him here first have the guards here keep trying down in the dungeon while we investigate elsewhere if we fail.
>>
>>29138139
Also yeah no point acting cryptic to him about why we are here i am sure he knows
>>
>>29138139
Fuck, I forgot we have a dungeon here. Well, he seems like a dungeon type of guy, but I'm just one anon, not decisive person here.
>>
>>29138114
>>29138125
>>29138139
>>29138143
>>29138146

"Divinity of either of them is not a case now. We just want to ensure that Equestria is free of tyranny."
"Ha! Of course, creating a personal army of horribly mutated ponies and spreading chaos and destruction throughout the country is nothing a tyrant would do!"
"Listen up, you, serf." - roared Gust - "You perhaps spent your whole miserable life muzzle-deep in shit and so haven't even seen any real starspawn. So believe me, they are much, much more horrible than your worm-rotten mind could even imagine. And if you will not cut your religious bullshit and tell us who is that faggot you were going to give that schemes I will personally see that your soul is fed to the actual starspawn."
"You think you can intimidate me? You make me feel nothing but pity towards you. When was the last time you looked in the mirror? When was the last time you'd seen there eyes of a pony and not the ones of a blood-thirsty monster? Did you thought about what that whore of a devil had done to you?"
With an unequine roar Gust soared up to the ceiling. Then she slammed into laughing stallion and began beating him with her forehooves.
"Gust!" - you yelled, sending throwing her from the earth pony with your magic - "That's enough. He will go to the dungeon."
Gust slowly raised on her hooves, panting heavily and glaring at you.
"All right." - she hissed after a couple of seconds - "But I want to see that faggot suffer. That's final."

Will you accompany Gust to the dungeon, or do you want to go anywhere else?
Hell, you can even try to persuade her to come with you.
>>
>>29138600
Tell gust you would rather not go investigating on your own to much risk of ambush
Promise her she can deal with the thief when we catch him instead.

Leave instructions not to hurt sharps family and head for the shipyards where he worked
>>
>>29138629
If she insists on staying go to the tipsy turnip instead less chance of useful information but also less chance of ambush
>>
>>29138629
>>29138648

You guys need to come to some sort of agreement before the bumplimit.
>>
>>29138764
Oh those were both me.
I was saying if she is presuaded to come with us to go to the shipyards but if she insists on staying to torture sharp go to the tipsy turnip
We cannot afford to waste time here but its less risk to go to the bar alone if we may need to go to both places anyway.
>>
>>29138600
I can't believe no one has asked this.

Ask him it's a shame a what he did to his family. By openly proclaiming his faith in the Sol Tyrant, his family has been sentenced to labor camp. It's, what? Only been two days for them? It's only go downhill from there. And it'll be all his fault.
Gotta hit em where it hurts.
>>
>>29138785
Oh yes this
>>
>>29138785
Back from my snoozy guys.
Mention howhat he doesn't seem to care that he's the cause if his family going to boot camp of hard knocks
>>
>>29138794
Yeah like I said. If he's as tough as mask he wears, then we'll, shit. But ya gotta try every other Avenue. His family, how long he'llc be here, despair, near starvation, cold, etc. It is very easy to break someone.
>>
>>29138806
*as the mask
>>
>>29138629
>>29138785
>>29138794
>>29138797

"One minute, Gust." - you replied and turned towards the stallion:
"You don't look like you care about your family, huh? Do you understand that because of your stubbornness they are all doomed?"
"I'm ready to sacrifice them for Lady Celestia as I'm ready to sacrifice myself."
"You know, in this issue you have no right to decide for them."
"They are MY family. My wife and my son. Of course it's up to me to decide what will happen with them." - he replied, as if explaining some truism.
"You sicken me." - muttered Gust, expression of pure disgust on her face.
"Look, Gust, he is just an old zealot. He isn't really worth your attention. If there is anypony, whose torture you should 'oversee', that is that damn chief. I promise, I will not interfere."
"Heh, you got yourself a deal. Guards, take that bastard to the dungeons and ask about his associates!"
As local guardsponies dragged him away from the room, you halted one of them and added:
"And see that his family is unhurted."
"Uh, yes, ma'am." - he replied, confused a bit.

"So, we need to visit the wharfs. They are in the Upper City, I suppose?" - you asked your companion as you left the camp.
"Yeah. We need to go to one of those towers to get there. Also they will probably give you a cloud-walking amulet or something like that."
1/2
>>
>>29138947
2/2

"Hey, wait!" - you heard a familiar voice. You turned to it's source and noticed a distinctively armored figure running towards you.
"Arcane? Where in the Tartarus had you been?"
"Enjoying my first day as a stallion." - he grinned in reply - "When I returned home, Last Word told me about your note, so I did a little investigation on my own and figured out where you should be. So, did you get anything useful?"
You explained him the current situation and after looking at the clouds for some time he finally gave his suggestion:
"It is strange to hear such thing from me, but we should probably call some of the Nightbringers. As you could have noticed during the ascension rite, they seem well-versed in the art of star magic. And they should probably have a pony or two who know some dream-related spells and so they would be able to get all the information we need straight out of criminal's head."
"Hey, didn't you tell me that star magic requires sacrifices?" - you asked.
"That is only the case with the summoning rituals and things where souls are involved. I suppose I can try something like that too, but... I'd rather just give him to Nightbringers."

Your actions?
>>
Also, since thread is at bumplimit, I will create a new one for the next prompt. Until then we can have Q&A time, if you are interested.
If not - then see you tomorrow and thanks for participating!
>>
>>29138957
I promised gust she could have at him first will the nightbringers still be able to extract the information when she is done.
For that matter how long would the magic take to prepare would it be worth just using it on sharp or would we be waiting around while we could be searching.
>>
>>29138965
So what do the airships look like
>>
>>29138986
Basically armored zeppelins. I will probably make a sketch.
>>29138973
Arcane was talking about Sharp Divider, not about the thief.
>>
>>29139029
In that case yeah we will get the nightbringers in.
>>
>>29138957
You think theres a kind devinitation spell exclusive for star magic? Seems like there would. Maybe using a star map, or looking into the night sky.
>>
>>29139029
So English is your second or third language?
>>
>>29139029
So this is definetly a labor camp. Is this be as bad as WWII b/c that would be neat. Will we get movie and novel references from things such a Schindler's List and Schindler's Ark?
This is gon be gud.
>>
>>29139320
*cough cough*
*will this be
>>
>>29139029
Are we going to find some passionate and kind pony balancing on a thin line between helping some of these poor ponies and serving his Lady Nightmare?
>>
>>29138957
Not too worried about that Sharp stallion. His faith can only protect him for so long - and he's only an engineer. Boy is he in for a surprise when he get to the torture room.
>>
>>29139294
Second one.
>>29139320
Not really, though I can try to make more content for it, if you will find a good reason AND time to explore it.
>>29139339
Spoilers, spoilers.
Thread posts: 506
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.