[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there such a thing as a reverse hugbox? And if so does /mlp/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 452187412.png (174KB, 731x1024px) Image search: [Google]
452187412.png
174KB, 731x1024px
Is there such a thing as a reverse hugbox? And if so does /mlp/ suffer too much from being one?
>>
>>29068856
>batcancer
>shitpost thread #12909091093238
>>
>>29068856
Fuck you, I'm not going to tell you.
>>
>>29068859
>>29068863
I appear to have hurt your feelings so I assume I was right.
>>
>>29068856
>Is there such a thing as a reverse hugbox?
It's called "the world".

jojofags pls dont
>>
>>29068856
/mlp/ used to be one. close to a hugbox now.
/pol/ is a hate box
>>
>>29068856
Yeah, high-strung faggots who can't help but to lose their shit whenever someone says something they don't like does make this place annoying to browse.
>>
>>29068877
hugbox means "safe space"

/pol/ is a hugbox for 'hateful' ideas
>>
>>29068875
Maybe where you live but where I live people don't act like cunts unless they're edgy brats that believe in the "everyone gets a trophy" era. Respect isn't something you give when you feel like it, respect is something you give in order to function as a regular human being. And yeah the world is a harsh fucking place but it didn't get there by telling your neighbour to fuck off.

If anyone here genuinely believes their own ego and self-hatred imposed onto others helps this fandom then I seriously doubt they actually care at all. Selfish is what it is.
>>
>>29068859
"If I don't agree with it it's a shitpost" The Post
>>
>>29068916
/pol/ is a circlejerk but not a hugbox. Clearly you've never been there, every other thread is in opposition to the circlejerk to incite anger and free (You)s. It is in no way a safe space
>>
>>29068921
Who cares about "helping the fandom"? The fandom is what killed the show.
>>
>>29068964
You watch your tongue.
>>
>>29068964
>The fandom is what killed the show
The show is what killed the show.
Haber and Miller killed the show.
>>
>>29068856
>>29068542
Are you going to post your batcancer all over /mlp/ now?
>>
>>29068856
/mlp/ is a "please hug me" box. As in "look how edgy I am, big brother, I totally hate Twilight's wings and Equestria Girls as much as you and the other cool kids in the herd mind at school, please hug me"
>>
>>29068990
Are you going to continue to keep sulking when things don't go your way?
>>
>>29068977
Make me, dubnigger. The worst episodes correlate with the episodes with the highest amount of fan memery to an almost exact scale.

'cep for Magic Sheep. Rare outlier.
>>
>>29068949
I'm not seeing how this contradicts a hugbox. /pol/ encourages a certain set of ideas, and when a thread is made that contradicts them, they sperg out and go apeshit. Just because opposition exists doesn't mean it isn't a hugbox, because that opposition isn't /pol/. It's people from other boards and sometimes other sites trolling the fuck out of /pol/ because /pol/ literally cannot handle the bantz. And it's a joke. /leftypol/ is where the opposition goes, or /his/ or /lit/ or any number of boards. No one actually talks about anything other than /pol/ shit on /pol/. They troll /pol/ for being a hugbox
>>
>>29069006
Or maybe they're only bad because you look for a reason to throw a shit fit. Quit nitpicking man.
>>
Where are these newniggers flooding from
>>
>>29069031
>>
>>29069007
No you dolt a hugbox or "safe space" IS a place without without opposition. not just a place that shares a universal opinion. You're thinking of a Circlejerk.
/pol/ is a Circlejerk to the highest degree, but the fact that most of it is opposing opinions for the purpose of inciting anger means it is NOT a hugbox. If it were a hugbox those opposing views would NOT be allowed to be posted. Like Tumblr or Reddit where opposing views can be blocked and banned, creating a safe space without any opposition to your view.
>>
>>29069047
English
Alternative forms

hug box
hug-box

Etymology

hug + box
Noun
Wikipedia has an article on:
hug machine

hugbox (plural hugboxes)

A therapeutic device designed to apply pressure to the body of a hypersensitive person (usually someone on the autism spectrum) in order to calm them by providing grounding sensory stimulation. [quotations ▼]
(slang, derogatory, offensive) An environment or thing which validates or reinforces a limited set of feelings or ideas. [quotations ▼]

Synonyms

(therapeutic device): hug machine, squeeze box, squeeze machine
(environment which validates a limited set of ideas and feelings): circle jerk, echo chamber
>>
>>29069058
If it were a hugbox 100% of the threads would agree with established circlejerk.
>>
>>29069047
So /mlp/ is a circlejerk on self-hate and show bashing? That sounds about right. I believe the only reason we're this low is because of "anti-bronies" if you want to use that term blending in with us, in order to seem cool we agreed with them until we reached cynical levels making us on par with their own ideaology. We're no longer fans, we're haters of a show we claim to love. That is the power of this circlejerk. I honestly couldn't care if it sounds cheesy but I want to do something about it. I want to save you all.
>>
/mlp/ is just where people who got banned from every other pony place come to vent about how they hate MLP, all the real fans left here ages ago aside from us masochists
>>
Hey you guys, what if, bear with me, what if instead of asking people to form your opinnions for you, you actually form your own opinnions yourself you lazy fucks?
>>
>>29069108
I enjoy the show, I just hate this place and most everyone posting here.
>>
>>29068856
Reverse Hugbox? Try /pol/. Those malcontents hate everyone. And yes, there are a lot of them on /mlp/ as well.
>>
>>29069137
The same to you with knobs on it, tbqhfam
>>
File: pol hugbox.png (169KB, 533x492px) Image search: [Google]
pol hugbox.png
169KB, 533x492px
>>29068916
>>29068877
I don't see how this is related to /mlp/ but /pol/ certainly isn't a hugbox. and /mlp/ is definitely not a 'reverse hugbox' but is not a hugbox either
>>
>>29069074
>>29069369
How is it not a hugbox? It does validate or reinforce a limited set of feelings or ideas
>>
>>29069388
no it does not

you clearly have never browsed the board actively
>>
>>29068856
Get this niggaboo bat cancer out of here you cockmongling faggot.
>>
>>29069396
Yes, I have.
>>
>>29069388
you see, /mlp/ goes like this most of the time

>good stuff:
your ideas/stories will be liked and people will do more good stuff to keep it going. most of the time ends in a general and the circlejerk will just kill it after 10 or 12 threads

>normal stuff:
reachs 100 or 200 posts. most of the time is a good-in-the-moment kind of thing. some anons will remember it but they won't post about the stuff again

>shitposting:
usually gets their (you)'s, but that's because now it doesn't happen anything better. hiatus allow a lot of shitposters run wild, but they die after the next season

/mlp/ is a hugbox because allows and keeps the good stuff alive. but we can still have the ability to tell you to fuck off when the only thing you are giving is bullshit.
so we are a hugbox, but not a very "common" one
>>
>>29069429
prove it
>>
>>29068856
Fluffy pony abuse
>>
>>29069487
I'm sorry, I use Tails OS with multiple VPNs and always make sure to erase any record of my browsing history.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.