[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this happen in every episode with him now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: discordepisodes.png (36KB, 698x1284px) Image search: [Google]
discordepisodes.png
36KB, 698x1284px
Why does this happen in every episode with him now?
>>
>>29055919
>>
File: 1241251251251256.jpg (102KB, 476x598px) Image search: [Google]
1241251251251256.jpg
102KB, 476x598px
>>29055919
Discord did nothing wrong though.
>>
>>29057131
>
>
>
>>
File: 3123123123.jpg (1MB, 2481x2072px) Image search: [Google]
3123123123.jpg
1MB, 2481x2072px
>>29057651
>Immortal
>Sun
>Goddess
>>
>>29055919
writerd don't know what to do with him now
>>
File: 35235235.jpg (9KB, 245x279px) Image search: [Google]
35235235.jpg
9KB, 245x279px
>>29055919
Canonically he's probably the most powerful character in the whole series.

>>29057718
said he's too OP to be a good guy 100 percent of the time and they basically wrote themselves into a corner by "reforming" him.
Literally a chaos god from the 40K universe.
>>
>>29055919
He's a being of Chaos. His job description is never being any one thing 100% of the time.
Never completely good, but never completely bad either. Change that, and he isn't Discord anymore.
>>
>>29057761
He seems like an average beta that thinks he's super manipulative and controls people but only gets his way because people pity him.
>>
>>29057739
Shame he's basically a five year old mentally.
>>
Discord is shit.
>>
>>29057739
>>29057718
I honestly just wish they would quit putting him in episodes. I liked him as a villain because I thought part of his chaotic nature involved being unhinged due to having a chaotic way of thinking.
So if he turned all their legs into actual spaghetti noodles it would be horrifying for the ponies but no better or worse than any other prank to Discord. Instead we find out he does chaos taxes and pays a chaos mortgage in the chaos subdivision. He was only entertaining when he was unpredictable. Now he's anything but.
>>
>>29059982
He's now a shitty Genie.
>>
>>29055919
Because they don't know what to do with him anymore since they've destroyed everything his character was and could have been for the show. Hasbro wants more Discord though because no matter inane shit he does, autistic men will still point at the screen and laugh, go online and talk about how clever and witty Discord was this week, and go buy merchandise.
>>
>>29057739

> he's too OP to be a good guy 100% of the time

Same issue with him being a big bad all the time. A villain that powerful can't keep losing because it just makes him retarded. How many times could he be turned to stone before suspension of disbelief is dead? The problem with him being a direct participant in any outright conflict is that he should be powerful enough to auto-win. At the same time, having him participate in friendship lessons diminishes him because he has to act sulky and childish to set up the lesson, which always makes him seem pathetic.

I liked how he was in the Season 4 premier. He wasn't a direct participant. His role was mostly an observer with a slight prod given to Twilight here and there, but he didn't directly help even though it was a problem he was responsible for. It most matches how I think a spirit of chaos would act.

>>29059982

He was a very predictable villain. His entire plan was obvious from his first interaction with Applejack. I have no idea where you got "chaos taxes" from. So he happened to have a house in one episode? He probably changes it every day. He controls the whole pocket dimension.
>>
>>29057701
>or principal smutness
>>
>>29060219
So basically rarely use him?
>>
It would be interesting of Discord's chaotic spirit was tied to his powers and actions. The more he gives himself over to friendship, the weaker he becomes. Likewise the more he turns over to evil. It would be a neat character dynamic and create a lot of story opportunities. Like, what if Discord wants friends, but he wants his powers too? Well, thats something he's going to have to deal with. Power or friendship. The choice would allow writers to keep him out of huge conflicts on both sides and remove his auto-win abilities. If he helps the ponies veat the big bad or helps the big bad beat the ponies, his powers are down the drain. It would regulate him to sparser, less important episodes, making it easier to write him and also be a vehicle to drive not only his own but other character development.
>>
>>29060219
The point the 2nd guy was making was that he is not longer the immortal lord of chaos hes just another side character that appears every now and again with the same usual lines
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.