[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just Finished Season 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

I know I'm super fucking late, I only began watching pone a couple months back.

But why does everyone have a stick up their ass about this season exactly? It seemed fine enough to me; Season 2 was better, but I thought this one was alright.
>>
>>29045391
Don't read episode/season discussion before watching the episode/season you idiot
>>
>>29045399
I didn't go out of my way to read episode discussions. I just heard about how bad Season 3 supposedly was through hearsay.
>>
A lot of the reasons season 3 is hated go beyond the average quality of the episodes and have more to do with the experience of being a fan during it.

Part of it is that it was half the length of the previous seasons, but more importantly it was the point where Lauren Faust quit all involvement with the show and we suddenly got Equestria Girls and Twilicorn, both ideas that many people rejected on principle and were leaked early in the season. So people thought that without Faust the whole team had gone nuts or that she left because of this stuff and how bad it would inevitably be or they just didn't like being reminded that they were watching a toy commercial.

I think it fairs much better if you watch it outside its original context, where you can blow through the season fast and get on to the next instead of enduring months of anxiety about the future of the show.
>>
>>29045391
Some people don't like it.

The finale was kind of rushed and there were a couple of mediocre episodes. Other than that, there isn't much to say really.
>>
>>29045391
Basically what >>29045527 said, the hatred for season 3 is in large part due to the context in which it aired. Some of the episodes are god tier, but that failed to placate fans when Twilicorn and EQG were bearing down on them like the wrathful plagues of a vengeful and angry god.
>>
>>29045570
It's true. I never clenched my fists and pounded the table about things I read on the internet until I came off of the season 2 hype for the future, only to languish in the world's longest hiatus since Duke Nukem forever, then hear news that ponies might be cancelled and replaced with barbie dolls and also Twilight is changed forever in 15 minutes and 3 songs.
Actually I'm still mad about it.
Fuck season 3.
>>
>>29045527
OK, that makes sense. I remember when I learned Stephen Hillenberg quit SpongeBob, and realized it might be a part of why the show went downhill, so I imagine it was similar for MLP fans back then. As for Equestria Girls... don't think I'm going to mess with that at all.
>>
>>29045527
I agree with this post.

The Twicorn reveal could have been handled much better, to say the least. Months of leaks and baseless speculation really wore down a lot of people's enthusiasm about the show.
>>
>>29045621
Equestria Girls the series is worth at least a watch. There's only 4 movies to date and they're all short. If you're already committing multiple hours to the series it's just a drop in the bucket.

If you're a fan of the songs I highly recommend them. Though I'm not a big fan of EqG, the music is on point in each one. Ingram clearly dumped a lot of effort into them. Especially Rainbow Rocks, which if you're only going to watch one, that's the one.
>>
File: Lauren's dream dies here.gif (4MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Lauren's dream dies here.gif
4MB, 480x360px
You weren't there man!
You weren't there!
>>
>>29045626
So it was leaked... Now I see. People got hyped wondering how it was going to be done, and it didn't live up to the expectations. I knew she got wings, but not the context behind it. I thought it was handled alright, but it would have felt less rushed if it was a two parter.

>>29045656
I dunno, man. It just seems like a really dumb idea for a spinoff. To me, that's like turning SpongeBob into DeGrassi or something, I don't get it.
>>
>>29045674
>People got hyped wondering how it was going to be done, and it didn't live up to the expectations.

Not exactly. People just straight up hated the idea from the moment it was leaked, through when it was confirmed, and then through the episode.
>>
>>29045695
So bad hype then. Well... I don't get it. Seemed fine to me. Twilight's done some pretty important shit by this point, she should get something out of it.
>>
>>29045674
Don't listen to that other anon. EQG is shit and your instincts are correct. Just stick with the horses...that retarded barbie doll spinoff isn't canon anyhoo.
>>
>>29045656
>Though I'm not a big fan of EqG, the music is on point in each one
See, now this is an interesting point of view. For me, I have a distaste for EQG in general, but absolutely fucking loathe the songs. Like, the songs are the worst part for me. I love the show sings but EQG songs kill a little bit of my soul whenever I listen to them.
>>
>>29045711
You have to take these things in context, man.

>when a creator leaves a show, usually it goes down hill, so people were worried about the future of the show
>Pony is a toy based show, so without the creator people were worried that the toy department would become the ones in charge dictating all the decisions
>the show's head writer saying "every little girl wants to be a princess"

So of course people were worried about a radical change like that and the implications it would have on the show. Of course after the episode aired we got

>the episode being not very good on it's own right
>Faust stating on the record that "her plans for her are now irrelevant" and "I said Twilight would become Celestia's successor, I never said anything about 'alicorn' or 'princess'"
>the writers on the show dodging the question on what Twilight actually did to earn her ascension when asked at a panel.

which only made things worse
>>
>>29045656
>>29045722
In terms of music
Rainbow Rocks>>>Friendship Games>Legends of Everfree>shit>Equestria Girls 1
>>
>>29045391

> Half season
> Created panic about the show ending, or worse, continuing after being changed into something unrecognisable

I always liked the idea of Twilight becoming a Princess/Alicorn since it was obvious from the beginning she was Celestia's protege and eventual successor, but it really pissed me off how quickly it happened. An event that major deserved more buildup, at least another season. Same issue with Discord's reformation, not enough buildup for a major milestone in the show.
>>
Story:
A season that even just a alittle worse than previous has aired -> Old, fat greenies start to scream "THE SHOW IS DEAD!!!" -> dont-having-own-opinion 95% spread panic -> The bullshit become official.

MORAL: Have your own opinion, dude.
>>
>>29045933
The intro theme and the cafeteria song from EQG1 were quite good, but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>29045527
Man, I remember being on this board for season 3, and there was constant discussion and drama that made the place so vibrant. What a time it was after Twilicorn and EqG were revealed. Honestly, I miss the times when the show and the fanbase were electrifying like that.
>>
>>29046533
when a few people start posting "it's shit" a millions times, people will start to believe it
>>
>>29045716
Well you're just filled to the brim with memery aren't you lad?
>>
File: ancap hasbro.png (429KB, 1136x1438px) Image search: [Google]
ancap hasbro.png
429KB, 1136x1438px
>>29045391
There's at least two reasons in your image, scumbag, and if they never happened, people would like this season, and the fandom wouldn't be a dying shell of what it used to be.

Though, they're more rooted in a more central single problem, since I have a good feeling that if they didn't happen, that problem would give us something else just as bad.
>>
>>29045391
>>29045527
Because the fanbase is full of idiots and fake fans.
Faust quit her involcement with the show since season 1 ended and the show has been disgustingly shit since Return of Harmony. Every single episode since season 2 started has been utter >>>/trash/.

Everyone is just too much in denial over it.
>>
>>29047482
(You)
>>
>>29047500
Idiot.
>>
>>29047508
(TĂș)
>>
>>29045570
>Some of the episodes are god tier.
Spare us your stubborn denial.
Every episode has been equally shit. That is the main problem with the show past S2 and the problem with the fandom's double standards. Mike Vogel cannpt write 1 single good episode to save his job.
That was the real reason why this fanbase needs to be told that the show went to shit instead of realizing it themselves.
Twilight acting like a retard in Lesson Zero apparently means jackshit to them, but wings suddenly mean the world to a shallow horsefucker.
I'm very surprised that 99% of the fanbase accepted the new design for Luna in season 2 and didn't react as badly as they did with winged princess Twilight.

Just comes to show what a fandom full of circular logic(anti-logic) retards you can create if you pretend to be retarded till you attract /b/ and reddit.
Why do you assholes hate Them Fighting Herds? Isn't cute animals what you signed up for?
>No, I signed up for pastel ponies making me feel good.
Ah ok then take your "muh feels" and shove it up your ego-centric asshole of a retard if all you cared about was yourself since the beginning. Horsefuckers would make for horrible showrunners.

Sorry if I'm exceedingly vile and negativist, but it's baffling to see so much stupidity and immorality condensed into 1 place.
>>
>>29045933
Family, the first EQG had the best music and that's a fact. Now, RR had a larger amount of great music, but its particular songs are not at the level of the first EQG's ones
>>
>>29047516
>the first EqG
>Good anything
Wew
>>
>>29045391
From an unbiased point of view, Season 3 had the weakest opener in the series as well as the fact it was only half as long as every other season.

It is the worst season of the show, but that's a relative speaking. It is still pretty damn good.
>>
>>29047517
>I have no opinion save for the one that was formed for me by random people on The Internet because I'm a sheep.
Whatever works for you, friend.
>>
>>29047539
I formed my opinion three years ago, retard
>>
>>29047532
>From an unbiased point of view, Season 3 had the weakest opener in the series
>not season 1
>>
>>29047552
>he genuinely believes that

>>29047560
Season 1's opener did its job of introducing the characters and the universe properly.
Season 3's did shit.

The opener of Season 3 is literally the only two episodes in the show I didn't like.
>>
>>29047601
It was shit, worse than the shittiest episode of the show
The other three movies were better in every single way
>>
>>29047515
>Sleepless in Ponyville
>shit
>>
>>29045391
It was diferent, S1 and 2 are completely pony, S3started the trend of having episodes where you could substitute the ponies with humans and the show would be unaffected. S4 and S5 toned this down a bit, and S6 turned it up again, but by then everyone was used to it. S3 was shit because people expected ponies doing pony things, yet got ponies doing human things, along with all kinds of cartoon tropes that didnt ap[ear in S1 and S2 (except with pinky pie).
>>
>>29047613
That's objectively false.
You shouldn't try so hard to prove "your" opinion by repeating the exact same things that were said by hordes of other sheeple prior to the movie even being released.
The fact is, every single "way" EQG is bad, save for >no hooves, can be applied to all other movies and, most importantly, the show itself. Therefore, every single attempt to justify such an "opinion" is either a case of extreme hypocrisy or, what is much more likely, stupid band-wagoning.
People who had their genuine reasons not to like EQG (aka >no hooves) tend not to like all other movies as well, were they to watch it before or after the fandom's influence. "EQG is shit, others are fine" or especially "EQG is terrible unwatchable shit, but RR is damn good" are cases of the previously mentioned band-wagoning, as every single "flaw" pointed out in EQG previously is still present in RR and forth. And in the show as well.
>>
>>29045656
If you like the songs of the show, Rainbow Rocks is a must watch. The plot isn't amazing but they pull it off fairly well, and the songs are almost as good as the best of the show. The rest of the Equestria Girls movies, if you like the songs, just get the albums. There's less songs and more clunker songs in each other album.
>>
>>29047622
>S1 and 2 are completely pony, S3started the trend of having episodes where you could substitute the ponies with humans and the show would be unaffected
>what are Griffon the Brushoff, Look Before You Sleep, Suited for Success, Green isn't Your Color, Party of One, The Best Night Ever, Sisterhooves Social, The Mysterious Mare Do Well, Sweet and Elite, The Last Roundup, Read it and Weep, Putting Your Hoof Down, Ponyville Confidential, and MMMysery on the Friendship Express
>>
>>29047708
I started typing reasons why each of those are pony, but then I got to The Best Night Ever and realized you are just listing random episodes or trolling.
>>
>>29047678
>objectively
Stopped reading there.
>>
File: 1421126167847.png (282KB, 422x768px) Image search: [Google]
1421126167847.png
282KB, 422x768px
>>29045391
>another newfag gets suckered into watching the movies
>>
>>29047815
What exactly was "completely pony" about Best Night Ever? Every one of the mane 6's plotlines would be trivial to rewrite with humans.
>>
>>29047941
of the top of my head
>a human being able to talk with animals
>>
>>29047960
More like
>a human trying to interact animals but the animals just run away from them
>>
>>29045391
The thing about Twilicorn is that it could have been handled well, but is the direct result of corporate fuckery. Larson's script was nothing like what aired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk8BmQW1X1g

But yeah, nobody wanted Twilicorn back then, and it was a pretty clear signal that Hasbro was starting to assume more direct control over the show.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.