[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Little Progress : Technology Isn't Magic - Thread 37

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 480
Thread images: 99

Twilight: I can't really believe your story Anon, buildings with over 100 levels? Flying boats bigger than Ponyville? And yet there's no magic in your world? Please.
>Growing tired of Twilight's berating, you go out into the world to prove her wrong.

That's the prompt that started it all. So what is thread about? It's about Anon bringing human science and inventions to Equestria and a disbelieving Twilight. Although, that's not necessarily the prompt you need to follow if writing is what you desire.

Thread Story List.
http://pastebin.com/XKLNjAAx

Previous Thread: >>28903402
>>
first
>>
>>29033907
Kys
>>
>>29033810
>Science is always represented by chemistry
When will this meme end?
>>
>>29034384
That meme feels like it goes back to the days of alchemists... so probably not for a long while.
>>
First bump of the thread
>>
soon ... >>29032235
>>
>"Mmmph... Surface remains s...soft n' squishy...but firm at two inches...
"Twilight."
>"rear support remains despite num....ber of trials...
"Twilight."
>Twilight yawned and looked up at you from her bundle of blankets
>correction
>YOUR bundle of blankets
>for you are Anon, master of the bed before you
>or at least you were
>Twilight had run herself ragged trying to examine every piece of tech in your dimensionally transposed room
>you told her to go to sleep
>unfortunately when she decided to sleep, she decided to "examine" your memory-foam bed at the same time
>two birds with one stone, she said
>and now you've got a little purple princess with her ad-hoc snugglebunker on your mattress
>groaning in frustration, you wrap your arms around the thick blanket bundle and try to lift her off
>the weight of the blankets and her relaxed posture made it very difficult, especially when you have to bend over to do it
>the little bundle wriggles in your hands
>"Anonymous, no! If you reset the experiment now all my data will be gone!"
"Get out of my bed, Twilight!"
>Twilight poked her head out of the blanket bundle and glared at you, the bags under here bloodshot eyes adding weight to her stare
>"If you don't want me conducting my experiment here, Anon, then I would be perfectly happy to take samples."
>you hesitate. The last thing you want is to have purplesmart cut up your bed
>it was a good bed
>you glare at each other
>finally you sigh in defeat
"Fine. Just move over."
>the couches are too small anyway
>Twilight squeaks in glee and the blanket bundle scoots over.
>you climb into bed and yank off one of the blankets from her bundle
>As you snuggle in, you can hear her mutter under the covers
>"Motion transfer is minimal, even with substantial weight increase..."
>you close your eyes as you sink into the memory foam mattress
>you'll probably push her off the bed in the middle of the night anyway
>but for now, sleep
>and sleep came easy
>such is life in tempurquestria
>>
>>29036074
hey, where's that screencap of all the such-is-life stories? this and that one last thread needs to be added to it
>>
>>29036074
>>"Motion transfer is minimal, even with substantial weight increase..."
>substantial weight increase
"Did you just call me fat, Twilight Porkle?"
>>
>>29035976
Here you go, Anon.

>You’re very lucky that you nationalized everything when you did, because a few weeks later, your secretary leads a few ponies into a conference room in the AMC offices.
>You sit in the corner, silently waiting as the top AMC executives shuffle in the room.
>When they all arrive, you get up, shut the door, and motion to a map of Lancaster, where AMC’s various factories and warehouses are marked in red.
>The industrial district looks like it has the chicken pox.
“This is getting out of hand.”
>The assortment of several ponies and a griffon turn to look at the map, and then back at you.
“At about 11:45 yesterday morning, our production hit its upper limit again, only this time opening a new factory is cost-prohibitive. My original plan was to build the A-Series on an assembly line by model year 1910, and that hasn’t changed. I’m sure you’ve all seen the diagrams.”
>You receive various nods of confirmation.
“Well we can’t do that if production is scattered around the city. If we truly wish to build a car for the people, we must make the switch. Building the A-Series right now is too expensive for my liking, and it just got to the point where we can’t do anything else. Luckily, I have a connection in City Planning.”
>You get a few chuckles from that one.
“I propose we consolidate production into one central location inside the largest factory the world has ever seen. My preliminary plans call for three main buildings, each five blocks large, an office building to house our headquarters, a powerhouse, and a lot to keep the finished cars before they’re sent to the dealerships. Total factory space would be 1.8 million square feet.”
>>
>>29036561
>A few ponies double take when they hear that one.
“This may seem like I’m thrusting this on you without much warning, but I am. We’ve put off sustainable expansion for too long. Right now, consolidation would save us thousands. I’ll provide more details when they become available, but right now I just need your preliminary approval. All in favor?”
>Everyone raises an appendage.
“Good. I’ll get to work then.”
>You let the executives out, and when the room is cleared you make your way back to your office, where North Point is waiting.
>”How’d it go?”
“We’re going this.”
>”Okay. I’ve got the plans almost finished. Using steel-reinforced concrete like you explained opens up a lot of space. With fewer columns and more windows, this is going to be a factory like no other.”
“Great. I’ll look them over when you’re done and modify the plans to best fit an assembly line.”
>”Fine by me. You’re working on the offices and the powerhouse, right?”
“Right.”
>”Great.”
>For the next few hours, you two work in silence.
>North Point works at a drafting table on one end of your office and you work out the semantics of building the A-Series on an assembly line on the other end.
>Eventually, with one last scribble, she puts down the pencil and gets up.
>”The plans are done. I’m heading back to City Planning.”
“See you at home.”
>”See you there.”
>She walks out and you head over to the drafting table.
>It looks remarkably like what you’d expect, with little variation from your instructions.
>So, after a quick once-over to make sure everything looks to be in order, you grab the list you’ve been working on from your desk and take it over to the plans.
>>
>>29036570
>The list contains every step to produce a car from the moment the steel and wood arrive to the minute the car is driven out of the factory, along with the approximate lengths of the machinery needed to complete each step.
>Time to get down to business.
>For the next few days, that project occupies most of your time.
>But when you finish, the entire assembly line is sketched out on a carbon copy of the drawings.
>And it’s incredibly complex.
>Building A contains seat assembly on the first floor and final assembly on the second through fifth floors.
>Building B has the foundry, small part casting, motor, and frame assembly stations.
>And Building C houses body assembly.
>The frame starts out in Building B and moves to A on the fourth floor, where it meets the body.
>The body is assembled in Building C, passes through B, and progresses through A to join the body.
>Two enclosed, heavily reinforced bridges close the gaps between the buildings, allowing vehicles to move from building to building at any level.
>And each building contains countless lifts.
>It’d all be dark and noisy if it weren’t for the eight hundred foot long light wells in the center of each building, which circulate air through the buildings.
>The basements house storage and maintenance, and so on.
>According to your calculations, this mammoth complex will be able to produce over one million cars a year, or about one every thirty seconds.
>And even though total production for the A-8 is winding down at around eighty thousand units, you’re sure that the extra capacity will be very useful later.
>Some plans of the powerhouse and the office building, along with another quick meeting with the executives, and you’re off to mark out lots.
>You drive out to the very edge of town, 22nd Street and King, and section off the lots.
>A quick trip to City Planning confirms your reservation, and you’re good to go.
>>
>>29036578
>The next few weeks are spent refining the design some more.
>There’s not much you can do to ease the complexity of the assembly line, but you can work on just about everything else.
>Once the plans are finalized, the total cost for constructing the plant is pegged at $135,000.
>Total profits for FY1908 were about $65 million, though, so that’s fine.
>So, with everything finalized and finished in an obscenely short amount of time, two weeks before the first A-9s hit the showrooms in Lancaster, ground breaks on the eighteen-block complex.

And that's it for now. Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/eufFYFaw
>>
>>29036570
>>”How’d it go?”
>“We’re going this.”
They way this is worded kinda confuses me as to what Anon means. Like something's missing
>>
>>29036814
Yeah, that's a pretty bad typo. Sorry about that. It should be "We're doing this".
>>
Alright, I'm away from home and I'm at my pc. Let's get some writing done.
>>
>>29037386
Like moved out away from home?
>>
>>29037386
You moved already? That was fucking fast.
>>
>>29034384
Chemistry is the central science.
>>
>>29038720
No, no, I haven't moved. My pc and stuff is at a relatives house.

In fact, I might actually have to delay the move itself. I'm not making as much money as I need, and I need to fix up my car. It's getting better but not by much.
>>
>>29038771
Godspeed, my man. I wish you luck.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11839423
vote bump
>>
>>29039264
What's /egg/?
>>
>>29039281
Engineering Games General on /vg/.
>>
boop
>>
>>29038771
> I might actually have to delay the move itself.
Life sure sure does seem to have it out for you
>>
>>29032204
What I want to know is how hard are the things anon is doing from our point of view? Like, if I, a college student with some understanding of physics, computer science, engineering, whatever were sent in his place and I had the muscle and super brain implants how would I do? Are the super brain's instructions easy enough to follow that I could, or would I fail entirely? Could I get high enough tech to augment my own intelligence or would that be beyond me?
>>
>>29039784
>>
>>
File: DT40.jpg (64KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
DT40.jpg
64KB, 600x398px
p.9 bump
>anon tries to teach the things he knows to ponies and the world in general
>he is accused of corrupting public morals and the mind of the youth with twisted ideas
>is sentence to death by drinking poison hemlock
>faces it calmly and uses it to teach his students, those that did listen to him, a final lesson

so thread, what was his final lesson?
>>
>>29043377
People will always be afraid of that which they do not know, but we should face those same unknowns so that we may learn them and overcome that fear.

Also that death by hemlock poisoning sucks balls
>>
File: floating droplets.gif (2MB, 310x374px) Image search: [Google]
floating droplets.gif
2MB, 310x374px
when will anon introduce twilight to sound induced levitation
>>
File: 1457115752490.png (706KB, 1120x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1457115752490.png
706KB, 1120x1224px
>>29043377
That poison in poison hemlock is called "Coniine" and causes death by blocking the neuromuscular junction in a manner similar to curare; this results in an ascending muscular paralysis with eventual paralysis of the respiratory muscles which results in death due to lack of oxygen to the heart and brain. Death can be prevented by artificial ventilation until the effects have worn off 48–72 hours later.
>>
>>29045594
>>
>>29044449
what manner of sorcery is this?
>>
File: quadrupole mass filter.gif (3MB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
quadrupole mass filter.gif
3MB, 240x320px
>>29046681
>>
File: assuming direct control.png (13KB, 223x200px) Image search: [Google]
assuming direct control.png
13KB, 223x200px
>>29046777
>magnetic levitation
>mass filter
>>
File: SpongeBob in a subwoofer.gif (2MB, 180x352px) Image search: [Google]
SpongeBob in a subwoofer.gif
2MB, 180x352px
>>29046681
wubs
>>
>>29047140
Now I want an edit of that one filipino picture that just says
>fact: Vinyl Scratch is the most powerful pony in the world
>>
File: thermal induction.gif (4MB, 298x239px) Image search: [Google]
thermal induction.gif
4MB, 298x239px
>>29046777
i love magnets
>>
File: Nye_Hard.jpg (40KB, 475x567px) Image search: [Google]
Nye_Hard.jpg
40KB, 475x567px
bump
>>
>>29047551
>>29047140
>>29046777
I want a story involving Vinyl and Anon studying sound
>>
>>29048416
>>
>>29047927
something, something juggalo comment
>>
>>29044988
>Anon creates a prosthetic lung, unheard of in Equestria before, and revolutionizes the medical industry
>>
File: heart function.gif (210KB, 800x444px) Image search: [Google]
heart function.gif
210KB, 800x444px
>>29051100
>Anon is a surgeon from earth
>Realizes a hearth transplant operation to save someone
>ponies believe that he is some sort of evil necromancer
>because he stole elder pony life force to prolong the life of another
>>
>>29051612
For some reason this made me think of what a surgeon simulator anon in equestria story might be like.
>>
>>29047927
>>29050919
>put your dick in it!
>>
>>29050919
>put your robot clown dick in it!
>>
>>29051100
Iron lung is not that hard to build, you could make it out some wood, bellows and power it by waterwheel.
>>
>>29052931
I Have a feeling that such a device would look more like a medieval torture device than a medical device.
>>
>>29053492
it would look probably look like Fred Flintstone car.

also, medieval torture device and medieval medical device are almost one and the same devices.
>>
Where is.... comedy greentext?
I remember something with Lego and Telephone.
>>
>>29052813
Son, go back to Class 1.
>>
>>29053527
I don't know what's going on in that picture but that looks like some slightly elaborate fetish
>>
>>29053898
Maybe he's a robot and it's a robot dick?

Some sort of robo-prosthetic?
>>
>>29056489
Yes, that picture is definitely well known in this general.
>>
>>29056489
>>29056510
>The Earth is Round, Twilight
>>
>>29054333
Reverse image search says it's about colon hydrotherapy, or a enema in other words. So I guess the fetish comment isn't far off the mark.
>>
its happening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdx3woUZSWM
>>
>>29047551
Hey yoohoo any idea when then the next update will come out.
>>
>>29059378
>>
File: 1468812313763.png (204KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1468812313763.png
204KB, 800x1200px
Mr Anonymous is right. There is no such a thing as magic, Equestria is a country that is sealed on its preindustrial era, so they try to believe in magic, to justify their fear of progress.
should we fix this, Anonymous?
>>
File: tumblr_nqyj0xdjdN1tyak95o1_540.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqyj0xdjdN1tyak95o1_540.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>29060660

Why not combine magic and science?

We still do not understand crapload about how things work and still use them.

For example we do not know why bicycles did not falling, i will stop you this is not gyroscopic effect because people did experiments that rekt this hypothesis, they attached much smaller wheels to minimize gyroscopic effect and people was able to ride those bicycles with no problem.

The problem of :
>Equestria is a country that is sealed on its preindustrial era
is a thing because they does not need industry to replace magic, earth ponies can grow food almost instantly and strong as freaking Jojo so mechanization would do a little difference in that area unless it would be integrated with earth pony magic somehow.
>>
>>29060820
I just googled how bikes stay upright, but there's too much reading there so I'll just put forth my own explanation that's probably close enough
Bikes stay upright due to the rider constantly making minor adjustments in an attempt to keep theirs and the bike's combined center of mass aligned with the two points in which the bike's wheels touch the ground, ergo keeping it balanced
The rider does this by either turning, which shifts the position of the front wheel and thus keeping the line between where the wheels touch the ground aligned with the center of mass, or by the rider themselves leaning, which shifts the position of the center of mass such that it's aligned with the wheels
The closer the center of mass stays aligned with the wheels, the smaller the necessary adjustments are, though the number of adjustments are still the same, if not greater
The bike leans significantly during a turn due to the turn imparting an acceleration on the bike/rider towards the outside of the curve, which the rider has to accomodate for in addition to the usual acceleration due to gravity
One does the same thing when attempting to balance an object on a fingertip, except since it's only resting on one point you have to deal with two axes
The gyroscopic effect from the wheels probably helps some, but it's minor compared to the constant adjustments of the rider
>>
>>29060926
>The gyroscopic effect from the wheels probably helps some, but it's minor compared to the constant adjustments of the rider
I would say it helps a bunch.
The faster you go, the easier it it to stay upright.
You cant really keep balance in a stationary bike, not without a great skill.
>>
File: RS.StableBicycleExperiment.jpg (63KB, 499x333px) Image search: [Google]
RS.StableBicycleExperiment.jpg
63KB, 499x333px
>>29060926
they also did that experiment without any rider.
>>
>>29061235
I'm not even sure what I'm looking at in that pic
>>
>>29062588
Science!
>>
>>29062588
a "bike" designed to disprove everything about how bikes stay upright.

no gyro effect, no rider, COM not between wheels, all that stuff.

personally, i think it's all in the angle the front wheels hit the ground at. as long as they're angled forwards and free swinging, the bike will stay up.
>>
>>29063058
>as long as they're angled forwards and free swinging, the bike will stay up.
You got a good point. The wheel would be forced into the direction of travel via friction.
Perhaps the constant self-adjustment of the front wheel imparts momentum in the opposite direction of the adjustment, allowing the bike to stay upright?
>>
Where's that faggot Yoohoo with more best poner?
>>
>>29063946
He showed up for a single random post 2 days ago >>29047551 before disappearing into the void
>>
>>29064666
These numbers are troubling.
>>
This thread is slowly dieing. I do not want it to. I might post green if this persists.
>>
>>29065911
Feel free to give it a go.
>>
File: 4JQQms.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
4JQQms.gif
1MB, 320x240px
I wonder just how blown a pony's mind would be if I did this experiment with them.
>>
>>29066177
Full video for those interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H98BgRzpOM
>>
>>29066177
They would probably explain this to themselves by some arcane knowleg likewise humans would explain unicorn levitation by zero-point energy field manipulation.
>>
>>29066589
But by them attempting to explain it via magic, they would be wrong.
We, however, would have to invent a new field of science to explain Magic, but it wouldn't be wrong inherently.
>>
>>29066589
>>29066616

You're both complete idiots.
>>
>>29066589
>zero point energy
Ya, you never finished high school.
>>
>>29066589
Don't use zpe in a sentence so nonchalantly if you don't know what that is, otherwise people like >>29066944
and >>29067248 will read it and call you out for being a complete idiot.
>>
>>29067278
ok
>>
>>29067317

Stay in school.
>>
>>29067396
I cant, i am a sex offender. :(

Plz no bully.
>>
>9
Gib green
>>
>>29067396
That assumes he even entered school in the first place
>>
>>
File: Just do it.png (2MB, 2880x1620px) Image search: [Google]
Just do it.png
2MB, 2880x1620px
>>29065911
>>
>>29070305

I regret saying it. I have to grade 220 semester tests. I'm a dirty liar.
>>
question: is greentext form absolutely necessary? I want to post this on FimFiction as well as on here, instead of the pastebin, so I plan on using paragraph format
>>
>>29070569
not absolutely but still preferred, why doesnt fimfiction allow greentext?, they would get like 13% increase of traffic.
>>
>>29070634
I have a feeling the ban might be to prevent a flood of terrible written stories written by people who see the greentext format as a easy cure-all solution to fixing/masking their writing flaws.
>>
>>29066944
>>29067278
Don't group me with him, I never said shit about ZPE.
>>
>>29071427
a good chunk of greentexts that I read are just as good if not a little better than most of shit thats on fimfic
>>
>>29071680
I'm not saying greentexts is an inherently bad format. I'm saying idiots on fimfic would use it's shorter format to make a lot of low effort stories. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a similar reason for script-fics being banned in fimfic.

On 4chan a bad greentext will usually disappear and be forgotten due to a lack of thread bumps. On Fimfiction that's not the case and bad stories stick around for a lot longer.
>>
>>29071834
they have other ways of stopping low effort fics, like the 1000 word minimum
>>
File: f35a_half_life2_gravity_gun_box.jpg (50KB, 600x361px) Image search: [Google]
f35a_half_life2_gravity_gun_box.jpg
50KB, 600x361px
>>29071439
why do you apologizing? it is not your fault that some edgy teen did not get reference about game that came out 2004, and started to call everyone idiots.
>>
>>29071912
>>29071834
>>29071427
>>29070634
They probably just don't want any obvious connections to "the wretched hive of scum and villainy" that people think 4chan is
>>
>>29072686
>implying this isn't "a wretched hive of scum and villiany"
>>
File: lily_____the_horror_____starving.png (955KB, 4296x6055px) Image search: [Google]
lily_____the_horror_____starving.png
955KB, 4296x6055px
>>29072866
And dubs.

Tell me story about greens anon, i haven't seen them almost in a week.
>>
>>29070569
Personally I won't object if somebody provides content just because it doesn't adhere to an autistic format.
>>
comming from space with a bump
>>
>>29073455
ditto
>>
>>29058673
Soon™
>>
>>29070569
great, next question: are you guys ok with said story being told from the viewpoints of three different people?
basically my idea:
>soldier, scientist, and engineer get sucked through a human-made portal on accident, are stuck there for a couple of months before the rest of humanity makes contact
>focus a bit less on "action" and how two worlds would interact w/each other
>>
>>29074996
Sure go for it
>>
>>29074996
>>29070569
just post it famalia
>>
>>29075187
>>29075146
still thinking about it
i kinda want mine to be one of those "endless" fics with no clear ending, so obviously i'd have to put a lotta time into it. plus, i might not be able to update for long times due to busy schedules (and everyone hates when a fic goes dormant for months)
but i'm still leaning towards it
>scientist & engineer interested in fusing magic and technology
>soldier, fearful of consequences, keeps hush-hush about military on Earth
>>
>>29074996
As long as you don't give them all names related to "Anonymous" like Pseudonym or Incognito or some shit.
I hate that shit.
>>
>>29075468
don't worry, it'll be like a regular old fanfic, but i'll post updates here first so that you guys get in on the action
plus, if i can do it well i might be able to stick a few baneposts in a chapter

anyways, here's some more ideas I had. go ahead and tell me what you think, and praise me if you want to obligate me to get off my ass
>luna explores the trio's minds and finds wonders and horrors beyond belief
>massive royal guard stands off with small human platoon
>terrorism from both sides once portal becomes public
>i get to draw my prototype for an assault rifle designed for ponies
>>
>>29075526
>>luna explores the trio's minds
Stopped right there. Its shit.
>>
>>29075542
elaborate
i was thinking luna gets to interview the three of them about their world and shit (in their dreams that they forget the next morning) so she can know more without directly asking (and likely getting refused)
>>
>>29075556
I actually went back and finished reading it after that comment.
I read the first bit and assumed it was gonna be a case of humans just letting the Ponies parade through their minds like it was no big deal to see "they aren't a threat" like some faggot writers are wont to do.
That just really pisses me off cause I don't know a single person who'd be ok with someone just going through their mind like that.

So that was my bad for not finishing to read the post, but in my defense, most stories where mind reading happens, the characters either aren't bothered by it or actually ask for it to happen like it isn't the biggest invasion of privacy. And I just can't stand that.
>>
>>29075594
no fucking way people do that? jesus christ, that sounds disgustingly stupid. only Luna gets to do that (becuz she be a princess dawg) imo
>mfw this fic gets so popular i get a drawfag to do a high-poly 3D rendering of my pony M4
>>
>>29075636
o shit, i just realized i haven't watched past mid-S5, anyone wanna fill me in?
>>
>>29067317
So do you have a "dark" chromosome?
>>
File: 1481469520818.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481469520818.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
>>29075946
>So do you have a "dark" chromosome?
kek
>>
In order to show signs that I'm very much alive, there is a little more in my pastebin which will give a look at where the story is going and what will be happening.

Also, I'm on 4craft as Frenchie if anyone wants to talk or something, or just play autismblocks with your fellow horsefuckers in the name of our board.
>>
>>29076128
>4craft
ip?
>>
>>29076753
>>
File: pvw29501.jpg (6KB, 87x128px) Image search: [Google]
pvw29501.jpg
6KB, 87x128px
>>29075946
What if pone chromosomes are in fact a runic sequences?

Little instructions how to build proteins or other stuff.

For example left sequence is for polymorphing carbon and water and a little nitrogen into pegasus feathers, the right sequence just says "Mid or feed".
>>
>>29077218
Anon introduces dota to equestria when?
>>
right here's the intro that I've written up, hope it's good. give me feedback

>"The worlds we touch, whether they be dead rock or living globe, will never recover from our footsteps. Every breath we exhale, every pebble we kick, and every sample we collect determines the fate of something in the future. Whether we like it or not, we are the writers of our own books - and somebody else's."
-Elias Hulley, 2024
---
>How strange it was that over two thousand years, a bunch of apes on a rock spinning around the cosmos went from being young children, marveling at the wonders of their world, to middle-aged men, sick of the limits of their world and aware of their species's mortality as it smoked and poisoned itself to a gradual death. Stranger still was the faint but visible ember of wonder that rested within them, barely smoldering. This was part of their souls, the ever-present instinct that drove them to explore and invent.
>And that ember, believe it or not, eventually ignited. It had to, especially during what they called "the twenty-first century" - because if it didn't there would be no oxygen to breathe in, only a dirty industrial smog that would smother the ember. The trash and chemicals probably didn't help much, either.
>>
>>29077572
>Enter the Eden Project. A top-secret project that, led by the United States, sought to find new worlds for Man to spread to. For 20 years, the project steadily grew closer and closer to completion. When the last calculation was performed and the last fastener welded, the Portgate stood ten meters in diameter and was designed to maximize its Elna-Frenger energy-disruptance ratio to the fifteenth decimal place. Background radiation was recorded to find the first destination of Man, and the coordinates were inputted to the machine. From behind their shields of concrete and metal, mankind watched as the portal ripped open, glistening with a brilliant shade of turquoise. As more and more tests were conducted, more information was collected.
>Atmosphere Composition: 79% Oxygen, 20% Nitrogen, 0.2% Helium...
>Gravitational Pull: 0.98 G
>But perhaps most shockingly of all:
>Surface sample: {Notice: 68.8% match, temperate forest surface soil (North America)}
>For life to even exist at all was a shock. Nothing could prepare the scientists that received the results for the fact that they were exploring a world unbelievably similar to their own.
>Long story short, a large portion of the United States's money went into the "Classified" section of the pie chart.
>More and more was being spent on the Portgate. Care was taken to protect the world on the other side, but the thirst for knowledge that everyone had eventually won out. Soon, humanity would explore the other side with their flesh and blood, not machines of steel and plastic.
>Of course, things never go as planned.
>>
>>29077580
Go on...
>>
>>29077608
Barely done w/Chapter One, but here's what i have

>"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
-Chinese Proverb

-Leah-

>"Ding-Ding-Ding Ding. Ding-Ding-Ding Ding.
>The woman sprang from her bed at precisely 5:45:02 - the same time she woke up at the past three weeks. She was a timely person when it came to waking up - after all, research was an important thing to be prepared for, and waking up late would be terribly inconvenient. Her black hair didn't need much besides a quick run-through with a plastic comb, and it took half a minute for her to brush her teeth. After a quick restroom break and a change into something more "professional", she walked through the door to her quarters. She wore a pair of faded-blue work jeans, a not-completely-sour-smelling green polo, white sneakers, and a small backpack with her laptop, tablet, and notebook inside. She put her earbuds in, listening to the daily report as she walked down the hallways and towards the cafeteria.
>>
>>29077613
>"Today's weather report forecasts a clear sky all day, with highs in the mid-80s and lows in the low-70s."
>She groaned a little as she walked down the mostly empty hallway and took a left turn. Beautiful T-shirt weather, and here she was, stuck in some bunker in the middle of nowhere, Texas. It was more formally called "U.S. Department of Defense Research Site 22-A", though everyone just called it "the Bunker". Eight stories tall- - well, more like one story tall, seven stories deep. It's a bit easier to hide your secret government projects when you're underground, and more so when your employees sign 2-year contracts that essentially lock them there and prevent them from leaking classified information.
>"In the news, President Henderson has further laid out plans for reforming America's education systems. Among his statements, he promised more opportunities for students of all backgrounds to participate in higher-level, more rigorous courses..."
>>
>>29077580
>Atmosphere Composition: 79% Oxygen, 20% Nitrogen

Uhhh was this intentional? You didn't get oxygen and nitrogen mixed up by accident?Because at that concentration we're dealing with an environment that is inhospitable for oxygen breathing life on earth.

https://www.quora.com/What-would-happen-if-oxygen-would-be-78-approx-and-nitrogen-22-approx-respectively
>>
>>29077615
>That managed to cheer the woman up a little bit. She always kept an ear out for any news related to education, since it was what made her stand out. State-level violinist, Physics-fair National Finalist, National Merit scholar, and Robotics club president that she was, she always kept her academics as her priority for the 14 years she spent in school and college. By all measures, she was a very bright young lady. The trophies that proudly stood in her parents's house could attest to that.
>By the time the news report had finished playing, her phone switched to her morning playlist as she entered the West hallway. Not many people were willingly awake at this ghastly hour, so Leah decided to jog the short distance to the cafeteria. People had long stopped giving her weird looks, and she hummed along to the music as she passed the server farm, then the commons, then the offices, then the glass wall that separated her from the Portgate.
>The Portgate. An immense ring of steel that, as the woman usually stated in a matter-of-fact tone of voice, "did some science stuff and makes cool circles". It was actually a bit more than that; the Portgate was the project that she had worked on for three and a half years, the project that she had done some of the math for. Millions of man-hours had went into that thing, and she contributed to a rather sizeable portion of that time. The sight of the three-story ring would faze most people, but the woman was rather used to the sight of it. She continued past it, barely giving it a glance. What was more important to her was the greasy bacon and undercooked pancakes that the cafeteria served. Another minute of jogging and she found herself waiting in the short line for breakfast, piling hashed potatoes onto her plastic plate.
>>29077616
i'm a fucking idiot, sorry
>>
>>29077622

>She found a seat in the corner of the dining hall and began to dig into her breakfast. It didn't take long for her to complete her gigantic meal (how she managed to keep a thin frame was a mystery to everybody) and head over to the South wing. She usually worked here from seven in the morning to seven at night. Coffee was an essential part of her life, and as she entered the South Research Area she grabbed two paper cups of the brown liquid on her way to her work station. As she sunk down into her swivel chair after dropping her bag on the ground, a rather unkempt man in his mid-forties stopped outside her cubicle.
>"Hey Leah, you gonna go to the portal opening later?"
>"Well, yeah. I'm supposed to be analyzing the portal's stability for the whole thing."
>"Oh yeah, that's right. I honestly can't believe they're finally sending someone through."
>"I mean, it's kinda a given. It's hospitable on the other side, and it's uncannily similar to the Earth. There's not even any killer germs, for some reason."
>"What do you think's on the other side?"
>"Umm...trees and stuff."
>"You know that there's only been exploration up to fifty yards inside there, right? The drones can't exactly make it past the forest without tipping over.So what do you think is beyond there?"
>"I dunno. I guess we'll see."
>The man smiled, then headed his way. The two of you went on with your day, just as you had for the past few years.
>Routine was nice.
>>
>>29077624
next up is going to be from the perspective of the soldier
>>
>>29077622
Don't beat yourself up about it too badly, everyone makes mistakes.
>>
>>29077624
>There's not even any killer germs

Oh boy

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1322

long story short, a common cold started trans-dimensional war and genocide.
>>
>>29076753
It's not up yet, but you can join the discord chat until it launches on the 26th.
https://discord.gg/McFr9Pu
>>
>>29077616
Also where's carbondioxide, shits needed for plants yo.
>>
>>29078459
took a look, CO2 is only ~.04% of the atmosphere. I was thinking only the 3 most abundant gases would bedisplayed
>>
>>29077624

>-Noah-
>"So, why am I supposed to go with the scientists?"
>"Well, we still haven't seen what the other side holds in terms of... animals. It's quite hard to get data from there, you know? It's only possible to get the portal to work on some days, since it is still a work in progress, so we can only obtain low-resolution pictures of the other side because of some sort of... interference. Which is why we're sending people, because they don't need to be remote-controlled. So, Noah Breston, if you were to go to an alien world without knowing what lives there, why wouldn't you bring a guard or two?"
>Noah shifted a bit in the ridiculously awkward chair as he continued to ask questions. His olive-green T-shirt and camo cargo pants crinkled and flapped as he made himself more comfortable.
>"But why me?"
>"Long story short, you drew the short stick. You might not be the most qualified, but you're good enough.."
>"Right... so what am I supposed to do again?"
>>
>>29078644
>"Well, once you pass through and confirm that the area's safe, you'll help the researchers set up a base camp. We're sending the supplies through today, so you won't have to worry about lugging stuff through the portal. Research equipment, food for a month, solar chargers, everything you'll need to stay there. You'll probably only be over there for an hour, though. While you set up, the researchers will be doing science stuff. I won't bore you with the details. Don't worry, you'll have some help."
>"Alright then... I guess."
>"Great. Remember, the trip is a week away. Don't rush yourself, alright?"
>Noah walked out of the administrator's office, his curiosity slightly sated. He had been in the Army for about five years before he was called here for some special project. It was better than sitting around in the Middle East and paid better, so he couldn't complain. Although, now that he knew all the facts, he was a bit less eager.
>Nobody knew what creatures lay beyond those trees that the cameras had shakily photographed. Honestly, he would have liked to bring a 20mm autocannon with him, but apparently the most firepower he was getting was an M107 .50 caliber rifle. They said that he wouldn't be taking on a tank, but Noah didn't want to find out what things he would have to go up against on the other side. If he had to fight something there, it would preferably be behind a Stinger missile launcher.
>At least the pay was good.

That's it for Chapter 1, go ahead and give me feedback/comments/criticisms
>>
File: Stargate-wallpaper.jpg (414KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Stargate-wallpaper.jpg
414KB, 2560x1600px
>>29078653
It's a decent enough start. It's got me curious enough to want to see where it goes. Kind of makes me think of Stargate
>>
>>29038753
>this is what chemist actually believe
finest topkek
>>
bump for droid
>>
>>29078653
>bring a 20mm autocannon
I have feeling he's going to seriously miss not having it
>>
>>29080351
moar dakka!
>>
still working on chapter 2, but don't worry shit goes down later. please hit me up with suggestions and criticisms

>"Everything that can go wrong will go wrong. And everything that hasn't gone wrong will go wrong.."
>-Murphy's Law

-Leah-
>"T-minus 2 hours, 30 minutes."
>Energy drink in one hand and graphing calculator in the other, Leah stepped over towards the third Leinhardt focus engine and flipped open the back hatch, revealing a series of buttons and switches. After doing some quick differential calculus in her head, she clicked the "Variance Control" setting to 0.2, then closed the hatch. Calibrating the engines took some time, and it wasn't a very easy task. When she finished setting all 6 engines, she hopped down from the platform that she had stood on and walked away from the Portgate.
>The ground around the Portgate was in a state of ordered madness. Everyone walked back and forth, performing the thousands of checks and confirmations that were necessary for the first human exploration of a brand new planet. Leah could see the technicians perform the final checks on the power supply lines and the loading crew bring pallet after pallet of supplies to the Portgate. It was a shame that she couldn't go, but she wasn't too bummed out. After all, quantum physics doesn't help much when you're on an unexplored planet.

>>29080351
it's preferrable for him to have a (mounted) 20mm with him, but obviously that's 2big and so he has to go with something lighter
>>
>>29081194

>Still, she frowned a little as she observed a dozen men in body armor and combat gear line up around the Portgate. It wasn't really that necessary for there to be that much security, right? Either way, she shrugged as she continued to watch the others go on with their work.
>"T- minus 1 hour, 45 minutes...

-Luna-
>Concatenation spells were terribly complex things. Conductive arcane dust had to be refined into magic ink , which was then used to draw amplification runes on topaz gems. The designs that were necessary for a successful "power stone", as they were informally called, took tens of hours to carve properly and imbue with magic. Their fractal-like complicity wasn't any better.
>But it was worth it, in Luna's opinion. The work of the senior magicians was really something, and you made sure they were well compensated. The Princess of the Night was walking to the castle's spellgazing chamber, where she would perform an incredibly complex divining spell that would be the culmination of several weeks worth of planning. The mild unsettling of the Royal Sisters' stomach that had begun a few months ago was at first shrugged off as a random feeling. As the feeling came back after a couple of weeks, however, it was decided that the issue had to be investigated.
>>
page 9
>>
>>29081214
>The spell Luna had in mind was a very complex one. It required immense amounts of potential magic, which meant that it was near impossible for anyone other than Celestia or Luna to perform it. Not that many people would want to perform it. In fact, the only written record of the spell was in a centuries-old book, tucked deep within the Royal Library. Plus, it's not everyday that you need to perform a cross-dimensional vision spell.
>Luna stopped at the front of the tall, thick oak doors that were at the end of the hallway. The doors were visibly worn, not with use but with age. She used her magic to pull open the heavy doors, taking care to close them behind them as she entered the chamber. The glow of the runes in the wall lighted Luna's way as she made her way to the center of the room. The chamber measured twenty feet by twenty feet, so Luna took a while to spread the gems and crystals our around the room. When she finished placing the last orange jewel, she made her way back to the middle of the room. She sat down, and as she focused her mind her horn began to emit a dark purple aura.
>As with all spells of high delicacy and precision, extreme caution could still fail to provide acceptable results. As Luna focused harder and harder, it seemed as if her efforts were getting her nowhere.
>Suddenly, out of the ambient static that was the magic field, she felt a knot. Curious, she pushed more magic towards it, hoping to gain more information. As the knot grew more and more pronounced, Luna attempted to get a better grasp of the anomaly - and failed. Frustrated, she pushed, harder and harder...
>*CRACK*
>>
>>29082198
>Luna realized her mistake as soon as she heard the first crystal crack. That realization was reinforced by the next crack, then the next. In a split second, all the crystals had split - and released their energy into Luna. The pulse of energy bolted through Luna's horn and towards the knot, knocking her to the ground. The magical surge hit the knot - and it grew, twisting and contorting into a tangled mess. Then, in an instant, it exploded into a bright flash of light before immediately flattening itself out.
>As Luna pulled herself to her hooves, she assessed the damage dealt to the room. It still looked rather serviceable, and the only visible evidence of the incident was the scattering of gem shards on the floor. She let out a sigh of relief, thankful that there weren't any consequences.
>Or so she thought.
>>
>>29081194
He can take a 20mm AM Rile.
>>
>>29082841
i don't know much about guns, but better a "lighter" semi-automatic .50 than a heavy single-shot 20mm, especially if there's a huge thing coming at you (at least that's my reasoning)
>>
bedtime bump
>>
>>29077515
[your favorite dota hero's name] in equestria when?
>>
>>29082830
Let me guess, the backlash of the spell is going to break something on the human side of the portal and strand the away team in equestria.
>>
>>29084137
i mean, what else do you expect?
>>
>>29084528
I dunno but the story could always surprise me
>>
>>29085125
>>
>>29082830
-Andrew-

>T-minus 60 minutes.
>Andrew crossed off the last item on his checklist and backed away from the frame. All the parts of the Portgate seemed to be in working order, and they even seemed to shine a brighter grey than usual. Satisfied, he pressed the sleep button on his tablet before turning around and walking towards the pallets. He was rather interested in what the scientists were bringing with them. Scientific instruments, food, building materials... weapons... Andrew took a closer look at the MREs that were stacked up on a pallet, curious about their contents.
>"Wow, they have ravioli?"
>Andrew turned to face a girl in a green shirt and jeans looking at him. It was clear from her inquisitive nature and questioning stare that she was a scientist.
>"Yeah, and it looks like they have beef and mac, chili... looks kinda gross, to be honest."
>"What are you talking about? That sounds tasty as heck! It can't be that hard to mess up chili, right?"
>>
>>29087415
>Andrew was about to answer, but one of the soldiers walked up to them.
>"Guys, you really shouldn't be near this stuff. We're about to move it, and it would be best if you-"
>There was a flash of light, and Andrew's heart skipped a beat as he began falling - towards the Portgate. The piles of supplies were pulled into the blue portal that had formed inside the Portgate, and he could see the girl and the guard get sucked in just before he followed suit.
>Passing through the Portal was instantaneous, and the hard, concrete grey of the Bunker was suddenly replaced with the dark, starry sky of another world. It took a while for this fact to register, and he was still in shock as he landed on the soft grass that carpeted the ground. As he began to process the events that had just passed a few seconds, a heavy cardboard box smacked against the side of his head, knocking him out cold.
>Interestingly, the box contained exactly three hundred U.S. military MREs. All of them were the spaghetti type.

Okay, so here's the thing: all that was just 3,100 words. Is this bad? Also, I need criticisms and suggestions.
>>
>>29087421
Your way of laying out lines makes the posts seem shorter (e.g that last post; the fourth line could in fact be two or even three lines), not a criticism, just an observation.

The actual content is very good; detail is sufficient to help the reader imagine the scenes and establish needed detail but short enough to not be distracting or boring by sheer bulk.

As to the characters interactions, they sound pretty good and flow about as well. No unrealistic behaviour, questionable decisions or weird sentence schemes.

Very well done.
>>
>>29087521
good to hear it
waiting for fimfiction approval, will post link when available
>>
>>29087721
OOOOOH IT's approved
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/357566/the-portgate
>>
To writefag_is_kill
Cant reply directly because last thread is saged.
Celestia can do math incredibly quickly due to anon having to replace the part of her brain that handles arithmetic. Her plan to deal with twilight was written in code. Could she use her new math skills to brute force the code? It couldn't have been designed to be able to withstand computer levels of brute force due to celly encoding it before she had any knowledge of computers.
>>
>>29088229
>Her plan to deal with twilight was written in code. Could she use her new math skills to brute force the code? It couldn't have been designed to be able to withstand computer levels of brute force due to celly encoding it before she had any knowledge of computers.

What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>29088492
he's saying:
>when sunbutt made the code, it was probably "unsolvable" at the time (because there weren't no code-breaking supercomputers)
>but now that she's a robot she can just use her exabytes of processing power to crack the code
>>
>>29088205
ffs i need someone to say something BAD about my writing
>>
>>29088925
it's shit
Happy now?
>>
>>29088229
Even if she could she wouldn't know she could.
>>
>>29088811
You phrased it better then me.
>>29089359
She could ask spike. I bet he would know, due to the comment about being surprised at what could be phrased as pure math. Or perhaps she could work it out on her own. She has all the pieces, she just has to put them together.
>>
>>29089435
I doubt anon taught spike much, if any, cryptography; since it only weakens his own ability to protect himself against ponies. (Spike anon and luna are the only ones using technology anyway so there's not much to crack).
It would also be weird to work into the conversation since spike doesn't like Celestia, they don't have regular meetings, and she has no reason to assume asking him about her own secret codes would be helpful.
>>
>>29088989
thanks daddy
>>
>Zombie noises
ok im back what did i miss
>>
posting green
here's the pasta: http://pastebin.com/pKVfQaXt

>Cont from line 199

>You waste no time and get the drones to reseal the strongboxes.
“pack this up and get a carrier drone over here, I´ll be taking these to sector seven myself.” you tell hector as you close the strongbox.
>without a doubt this is the most books you have found in a single place.
>there are at least a dozen of tomes you have never seen before.
>and that's saying something. You have at least 500 tomes and over a thousand scrolls rewarding magic archived within your library.
>most of them are different editions of the same knowledge. But its still a hundred tomes worth of magical knowledge.
>It would be a lot more useful if you had any inane magic, but its not like you can get magic from other sources.
>The gem containing a dragon life force that was “implanted” within your chest allows you to manipulate magic to some extent. But is still not enough to cast more than a simple shield or a contact spell. Let alone breathe fire.
>hence the “breathless one” name that fefnir gave you
>fortunately for you, gnomes weren't to reliant on their own magic as well.
>sure, they could cast spells just as well as unicorns. But their nature as craftsmen lead them to a more physical approach to magic.
>Runes and alchemy were their preferred ground of study.
>and while dragons and unicorns used the magic of their own bodies to fuel their spells. Gnomes learned to use the magic contained in gems to power enchantments and runes.
>in alchemy they were only surpassed by the deers of the mystic forests .they where on par with the dwarfs in terms of masonry.
>Their prowess in runes and golem making unmatched, as the living stone still guards their fortresses and mausoleums.
>to fuel such creations they learned how to extract magic from the world around them.
>Gems from the underground, herbs from the forests and shells from the sea. Those where their main sources of magic.
>But not the only ones
>>
>>29090999
>soon enough the beetle-like drone arrives and puts the four strong boxes withing its cargo pod
“Hector. Have the scrap and ore moved to the ironworks module 14, once that's done guard the perimeter until new orders. a work force will prepare the area to the construction of a forward base.” you order as you hop up onto the cargo pod
>”Confirmed. we will inform you of any unforeseen event that may occur.”
>with that settled you nod to the carrier drone to move.
>the drone flies out of the hive and into one of the many traffic tunnels of your industrial complex
>As you travel there, you use you wrist computer to contact the command center
>you order a drone squad to construct an outpost on the remains of the hive, giving a few pointers towards the layout that you wanted
>A few security gates there, a spare parts storage, some ammo catches and a power station.
>Pretty standard stuff really, just a little oversized to accommodate for the large amount of drones that will be stationed there.
>You should probably see about to expand the traffic tunnels and increase the transport lines capacity.
>Not just to sector 12 but to all your complex.
>Sure. you have hundreds of drones guarding all ends of your complex as well as tons of ammo already in place.
>But what if you need to move a few thousands drones to one end of your complex to the other?
>Your tunnels would get crammed and your transport network would get overwhelmed.
>Energy production and raw material extraction are ready to provide for the increased drone output.
>You have to get transport up to speed, otherwise your infrastructure will be compromised.
>transport drones, like the one you where on, where faster than carts and elevators.
>However energy wise they where more expensive, and could carry only small amount of mass compared to carts.
>>
>>29091012
>Its no like you couldn’t increase you energy output wit a few more energy plants or upgrade them to carry more.
>But bloating your energy network just for transport is downright hubris
>Besides your transport carts are due for and upgrade.
>magnetic assisted motion is nice. But its time to move to full magnetic propulsion.
>you already have had room temperature semiconductors for a long time already.
>True. the bullet train that you had been using to travel long distances consumes a significant amount of energy.
>But its obsolete compared to what you can do now. Micro alloys allow for a much cheaper and efficient electromagnetic current.
>Add micro-kinetic manipulation and you don't have to worry about momentum or G force.
>that way you could use them to travel yourself.
>You really need to make a faster personal transport.
>you could just rig some micro-kinetic engines to this drone and be breaking match 7.
>Nah. That would be too cheap. If you're going to ride, you'll ride glorious and chrome.
>Maybe some sort luxury version of an assault transport.
>Like a limousine hover tank.
>If you need to carry too much, you just take some carrier drones with you
>same if you need more fire power.
>but if you just going to have drones come with you, why bother riding in a tank to begin with?
>Less is more after all
>And you always wanted a to ride a hover-bike into battle.
>Your armor can protect you from damage and you doubt that anyone or any thing could take you by surprise now.
>but riding a bike for longer travels could get really unconformable.
>you could just have a luxury pod and make it compatible with any other module you might need.
>An armored floating throne flanked by guard drones and that couples with a collection of vehicles of different purposes.
>you could even make it a spherical
>We_Eggman_now.jpg
>You continue thinking of features and designs to your future for awhile until you reach sector seven.

thats all for now, more later
>>
File: meccano double ended steam loco.jpg (134KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
meccano double ended steam loco.jpg
134KB, 600x450px
>>29091016
i appreciate your effort!
>>
>>29091016
I was starting to wonder where you went
>>
Is writefag_is_kill kill for real? It's been a while.
>>
>>29092604
quality takes time
>>
File: IMG_0528.jpg (66KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0528.jpg
66KB, 500x667px
I AM NOW portgate anon
now that this is a thing I'm doing, I need:

1. A cover picture for my FimFic
2. A shitload of criticism and suggestions
>>
(Non)Daily reminder that I'm still here. Just working slowly because events.
>>
>>29091016
>>you already have had room temperature semiconductors for a long time already.
superconductors. semiconductors are like silicon, superconductors are the cool magnet things.
>>
>>29092669
forgot to mention, does cursing fall under "teen" or "mature"?
>>
Anyways, Chapter 3's in the works
i'll post it as i write it

>Chapter 3: Post-Calamity

>"DON'T PANIC."
>-Douglas Adams

-Noah-

>Eight and a half hours had passed since Noah had last been conscious. It turns out that falling onto your head after being pulled into a portal into god-knows-where can really do a number on someone. The soft grass that he lay on swayed and moved with the morning breeze, and a blue and black butterfly landed on his chest.
>The three people that had been thrown into an unexplored world had all been rendered unconscious a few minutes after their arrival. It was a rather disgraceful arrival, but luckily no permanent damage had been done to the travelers. Considering that they had just been tossed into an alternate dimension by a randomly spawned portal, this was a rather lucky thing to have happened.
>The supplies, though...
>>
>>29094015

>They actually weren't that badly damaged. The portal had thrown them with quite some force, but the tough containers that they were in helped keep a lot of their contents safe. Still, some of the supplies would be hard to easily recover. Not only that, but the boxes were scattered around the clearing that the portal had opened up above. The surrounding forest had luckily contained nearly all of the boxes, but the meadow that they were thrown about was quite a large one.
>The butterfly that had rested on Noah's chest fluttered onto his nose, and Noah reflexively sneezed it off. Groaning, he slowly rubbed his eyes open as he woke up from his slumber.
>"Ahhh... crap, what the hell..."
>His eyes slid open and were greeted by a familiar yet offsetting blue sky, with wisps of clouds spotted across the field of teal. The chirping of crickets accented the occasional breeze that flowed throughout the meadow and rustled the grass.
>"...this better be heaven, or I'm fucked."
>>
>>29093729
true my mistake
>>
>>29093921
Looking at the FAQ description for mature and teen tags I would say teen

Teen
>Teen is our general-content category: most plots can be written to stay within the boundaries of the teen rating. Teen is likely best defined by what is not allowed: description of sexual acts, highly charged sexual situations, and detailed description of violence or injuries.

Mature
>Unlike teen and everyone, mature stories can include detailed descriptions of sex and/or violence, as long as the stories don’t break other site rules. Neither violence nor sexual content are required for a story to be rated mature however, as it also implies stories that deal with difficult situations in a much more intense way than the other two ratings do. The bottom line is that mature stories are more risky, explicit and intended for an adult audience.
>>
>>29094084

>He pulled himself up, stretching as he did so. As the vibrant greens and browns and yellows of nature came into view, he couldn't help but blanch as he saw the dull browns and blacks of boxes dotting the landscape.
>"Oh, son of a-"
>A groan disturbed his train of thought, and he turned his head towards the source of the noise. The body was a few meters away, but Noah could clearly see the woman rolling off her stomach and pushing herself to her feet. The sight of another person woke Noah up, and he rushed to help the lady get up.
>"mnf...what happened?"
>"I don't know," he replied. He noticed the girl's green shirt and remembered her, messing around with the food...
>"Hey, maybe next time you'll stay away from the boxes. You're not supposed to be standing next to them, you know!"
>The woman chuckled a little as she stood up. She surveyed the surrounding area, taking in the sights and sounds of a new world.
>>
>>29097476
Shitty compression is shitty.
>>
>>29089760
Spike is a clever dragon, he could probably work it out. He also loves twilight, and if he thinks teaching celly cryptography would help sporkle he would do it.
>>
>>29097476
This kills the record.
>>
File: IMG_0537.png (215KB, 640x641px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0537.png
215KB, 640x641px
y'all better be giving me some tips up in here
>>
>>29096700

>"Well, I guess that really happened. How the heck did the portal form anyways? I thought it wasn't due for operation for at least an hour..."
>"I dunno," he replied. There really wasn't any way for the Portgate to activate before intended, since it wasn't even primed for action. But for some reason, it had inexplicably opened up a portal without warning. Maybe a malfunction...?
>"Oh well," she sighed, "looks like we'll be stuck here for a while. At least we can breathe."
>Something about that statement hit Noah the wrong way.
>"Speaking of which, why is it that this world just happens to have a breathable atmosphere? Considering how extraordinarily unlikely it is for a planet to even have an atmosphere, let alone one with oxygen, this is just too perfect. Oh my god, I just realized that there's grass. AND TREES! They even resemble Earth's plants, and- LOOK, THERE'S A BUTTERFLY!"
>"Calm down, man. I mean, yeah, this is weird, but we'll think about it later. First things first, what's your name?"
>He slowed down a bit before answering with "Noah. Noah Breston."
>"Leah Zhou. Good, that's over with. Hey, wasn't there another dude who came with us?"
>"Aw, crap. Oh well, we'll need to scrounge up supplies if we're going to survive, so looking for that guy might be a good idea. Let's go."
>Together, Leah and Noah began to scavenge, thankful that another human being was with them.
>>
>>29099869
Wait doesn't Noah already know about the trees from his briefing? Why is he so shocked?
>>
>>29099241
>3 Uber-Zs
run
RUN
>>
>>29100195
probably because it's exactly like a tree from earth and not a some tree like figure
>>
>>29100195
fuck me, that's a big thing
i guess he's not used to them being EXACTLY like Earth trees. Like, there's trees, but he didn't know they were pine trees. He's also a bit flustered at how everything is exactly like Earth. Remember the butterfly?
>>
>>29101819
I figured it would be something like that If it wasn't just plain old forgetting that detail
>>
File: me.jpg (39KB, 455x446px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
39KB, 455x446px
>Even after college i still tired as fuck
>>
File: russian_subway.jpg (130KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
russian_subway.jpg
130KB, 720x960px
>>29103009
Try functional drinks or performance drinks, you would not believe how little herbs, vitamins and stimulants improve quality of life.
>>
>tfw Writefag is Kill is kill.

I cri everytiem
>>
>>29103247
You must mean caffine or sugar.

Because those performance drinks are nothing but that.
>>
>>29103598
It certainly has been a longer wait than usual
>>
>>29099869

>-William-
>The head of the Eden Project had some serious explaining to do. The Portgate had activated by itself and pulled three people into an unknown, alien world less than a day ago, and the heads of government of several governments were banging on his door, demanding that he tell them what happened. At this point, however, he knew just as much as they did.
>"So what you're saying that this multi-billion dollar project we've put decades into just malfunctioned, and you don't know why?"
>The British Prime Minister was almost screaming at William through the screen he was displayed on, and he was right to be doing so. The Portgate was an enormous investment funded by multiple countries, and the billions of dollars spent on it made the damage more than negligible. But it was fixable.
>"Well...yeah. We still haven't figured out what happened, but we know it wasn't the machine's fault. The thing wasn't even connected to power. Rest assured, we're looking into the matter, and you guys will be the first to know."
>"Anyways," the Chinese President interjected, "how badly is the machine damaged? When will it be operational again?"
>"The Katz drives are totally fried, but at least the stability modules are relatively unharmed. With the same funding we've been provided so far...probably three to four months."
>>
>>29104380

>The various world leaders talked amongst each other through the screens for a few minutes before the United States President answered.
>"We're increasing funding by twenty percent until the thing is fixed. Now then, what about the three people that are missing?"
>"Assuming that all the missing supplies were sent through with them, they'll be fine for...about 6 months. They have enough food and water purification tablets, and some temporary shelter as well. Most of the military equipment and ammunition went through as well, so they'll be relatively safe."
>"Speaking of which, aren't you worried about affecting what's on the other side?"
>"We've already affected that world when we opened the portal. It was inevitable. Plus, weren't there plans for colonization? Either way, we can only hope that the people who were sent to that world don't screw up catastrophically."
>"Who was missing, by the way?"
>"Let's see... we have an Andrew Martinez, electrical and mechanical engineer...Leah Zhou, quantum physicist,, and Noah Breston, First Lieutenant."
>"At least they have a soldier with them."
>The world leaders conversed among themselves for a moment before coming to an agreement.
>"William Anderson, your objective is now to repair the Portgate as soon as possible, and recover those three people. We must find out more about the other side, and they'll be the ones who know the most about it. Not only that, but the public is clamoring for more information regarding the Portgate. I'm afraid we'll have to come out with this information sooner or later, so work fast on it. Understand?"
>"Yes, sir."
>The video chat cut off, and Anderson sat in his swivel chair for a while to process the information he had just recieved. It was pretty hard to digest.

>(mfw i forgot to use my fucking name)

More coming for Ch. 3, tell me how i'm doing
>>
>>29105131
Apart from minor mistakes like
>heads of government of several governments
I'd say you're doing pretty good, although I wish the dumps were bigger. I'm looking forward to next updates.
>>
>>29105211
I'll be sure to put in some more details later, though I don't want to bloat my writing with unnecessary details. I guess I'm just being a bit light on filler content, so hopefully I can pad the next few chapters with the characters doing side-stuff.
Is it good that my story is 4,500 words so far? I think it's a bit little considering I've had a whole bunch of stuff happen
>>
File: IMG_0554.jpg (217KB, 680x906px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0554.jpg
217KB, 680x906px
>>29105306
pls respond
>>
>>29105306
IMHO it does feel a little on the fast side but not overly so
>>
>>29103598
>>29103965
He could die and we wouldn't know. Just waiting forever.
>>
>>29106986
Hopefully it's just something like he's too busy because he's spending time with the family for holidays
>>
File: IMG_2384.png (885KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2384.png
885KB, 960x640px
>>29056489
>>
File: 3b531e14aa69defcb1.png (60KB, 427x396px) Image search: [Google]
3b531e14aa69defcb1.png
60KB, 427x396px
>>29103672
You played Anno 2070 didn`t you.
>>
File: Soon.png (6KB, 331x295px) Image search: [Google]
Soon.png
6KB, 331x295px
>>29040765
I briefly touched on that. Over a hundred thousand words ago, and I wrote it rather poorly to boot. Fortunately I have a good opportunity to go over that again in this post. Hopefully it will answer your questions satisfactorily.

>>29088229
Absolutely. The problem isn't with her abilities, rather the problem is her lack of knowledge. She doesn't know what computers are capable of. She barely understands what a computer even is. This may or may not come up in fiction, I'm yet undecided. Largely because it's actually not important anymore. Twilight has been handled.

>>29092604
>>29092664
>>29103598
>>29106986
Exams and unwanted guests are slowing things down. But mostly I'm just slow.
>>
File: 1475296094636.jpg (8KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
1475296094636.jpg
8KB, 303x303px
>>29091016
I have read all parts for now, youre pretty gud man, i do really enjoy it.
>>
File: 1462153816155.png (162KB, 247x387px) Image search: [Google]
1462153816155.png
162KB, 247x387px
>>29107413
>6605 words

I love you writefag
hope you update soon
I have spent the last 3 days fully dedicated to your story to re-read it because i love it that much.
>>
File: deeranon.jpg (30KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
deeranon.jpg
30KB, 670x503px
>>29107413
So ... what do you study? I want to know what people study in 2016.
I heard some scary stories about current educational system made to prepare people to face the world of 1950 and that those people are not prepared to be face to face with zawarudo of 2050.
Like we pretty much need to teach in universities how to build robots and how to program`n stuff.
>>
>>29105306
It’s going a touch fast at the moment. I’d recommend delaying the Presidental scene a little bit and adding some fluff about our three erstwhile explorers.
>>
>>29108382
wowzers that's exactly what I was planning
>>
File: IMG_0565.png (257KB, 1198x1198px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0565.png
257KB, 1198x1198px
if we're gonna bump can I at least get some comments?
>>
>>29105131

-Andrew-
">Ugh...what the..."
>Andrew felt himself helped up by two people, though he couldn't quite figure out their identities. All he saw was a blur of blue and green, and his head pounded with his every heartbeat.
>"You alright, dude?"
>The voice was definitely female, and Andrew swore he had heard it somewhere.
>"...Yeah, I'm fine."
>Andrew's vision cleared, and he looked around his surroundings. Then he looked at the people who were next to him. They were the same people that he had last seen before the Portgate accidentally activated, the scientist girl and the grumpy soldier.
>"I'm Leah, and this is Noah. And you are Andrew Martinez, judging from the name tag."
>"Yep," Andrew replied.
>>
>>29107200
This picture triggers me. A lot.
>>
>>29083541
Either Lycan, Sven, or Juggernaut in Equestria.
Who would beush their pretty manes the most? I'd say Juggernaut.
>>
>>
>>29110151
>>
>>29105306
Slow your roll a bit. Storytelling isn't just listing a sequence of events, that's what a lecture is. I know it's hard to fluff things out properly but it's worth trying.

You strike me as a relatively inexperienced writer who's doing a solid job despite being green. Keep at it and you'll do fine.
>>
>>29109262

>"Great. We'll get to introductions later," Noah said. "For now, let's gather what we can. Leah and I have already set up a stockpile for scavenged supplies in the middle of the clearing. We're about halfway done with scouring this clearing, and it would be a good idea to finish before sundown. Here, grab my hand."
>Noah offered his hand, and Andrew grabbed it as he was pulled to his feet. He could see the pile of interdimensional flotsam about thirty meters away, and it was a rather substantial one.
>"Good to see we'll be doing okay," Andrew muttered.
>"And we'll be doing more okay if you help us gather more stuff," Leah replied.
>As the two other people in this world resumed their scavenging, Andrew sighed as he followed along, grabbing a nearby box with "M.R.E. SPAGHETTI, 300ct" stamped on it and hauling it to the large collection of crates in the middle of the clearing.

Ch.3 is done, that's nice. Hopefully I can add more details and write meatier paragraphs soon, like >>29110191 said. As always, comments and suggestions preferred (especially if we're on page 9)
>>
>>29110279
i keep forgetting my fucking name
>>
>>29110191
so basically show don't tell
>>
Should I put my story into a group now or wait?
If it's gonna go into a group, where should it go?
>>
>>29108401
This hot sounds awful similar to Nat Geo's MARS show
>>
>>29107716
You know just how to make a writefag feel special. Thanks.

>>29107884
BS right now. The plan is to move into mechanical engineering, but I grew up in a town where the public schools didn't offer all the pre-reqs for that program. If I do well enough I might just wind up working on robots. Or maybe I'll be a failure and amount to nothing. Who knows.
You're right, by the way. By and large universities aren't preparing people for the modern world. Many of the programs don't prepare people for any world as far as I can tell.

I didn't spend as much time as I'd like reviewing this one. This is how mistakes happen. Hopefully I didn't miss anything important...

Oh! And this one's for you, Despair Anon.

>You are Luna.
>You’re disappointed.
>The palace kitchen was out of your favorite tea.
>Or rather, it was stored improperly.
>There are admittedly a fair amount of rules for maintaining a top quality leaf, but surely the palace staff SHOULD know what they’re doing.
>Alas you’re stuck with an inferior brew.
>You put down your teacup on the saucer before you.
>Gently so as not to make a noise.
>It sits upon the desk in the old abandoned guard station.
>The one that has a nice, clear view of the long forgotten cells of Canterlot’s dungeon’s sub-basement.
>A relic of crueler times when it was sometimes necessary to ‘extract’ information in rather unpleasant ways.
>The one candle in the whole chamber flickers brightly illuminating the chains and bars that are strewn about, waiting for their next victim.
>A victim that will hopefully never arrive.
>Indeed, they shall all be neglected this time as you have a new approach you wish to try out.
>Ideally you’d never use such measures again.
>But you’ll allow yourself an exception in this one instance.
>Sparkle hangs limply, tied to a tall pipe in a glass box.
>A box which COULD have been wooden.
>But you wanted to watch.
>>
>>29112899
>Her rear hooves dangle just above the ground below, bound tight to the metal piping.
>Her head is strapped up higher with her muzzle forced down.
>Blindfolded and muzzled of course.
>You get to choose what she sees and says. Not her.
>And finally a separate pipe hangs above her head, just above her horn stump.
>She slowly starts to awaken.
>A process that takes far too long for your liking.
>But finally…

>”MMHP!”

>An attempted scream.
>Or perhaps a shout?
>It’s difficult to tell.
>She tries to push some mana through her horn-

>”HHHHHNG!”

>Definitely a shriek, that one.
>A couple sparks fly out of the stump on her forehead.
>Which has been cleaned of course. You don’t want it to get infected.
>You’re cruel, not evi-
>Well, okay.
>Maybe a little evil.
>Just around the edges.
>You grin as she starts thrashing against her bindings.
>The ropes that ensnare her body refuse to yield.
>And the pipe to which she’s bound holds firm.
>Perhaps had she better developed her Earth magicks she’d have a chance of breaking free.
>You’ve little doubt that a natural born earth pony could shake loose given time.
>An earth pony who’d properly developed their body such as Applejack could easily bend the pipe enough to get a solid footing on the ground.
>But you’re not dealing with them.
>You’re dealing with Twilight Sparkle.
>Her struggling begins to die down as her stamina fades.
>The brevity of her fight betrays the soft life she’s lived.
>When she finally gives up and settles down you raise your teacup.
>Not to drink, as it has been drained.
>You raise it so you can set it down again.

*clink*

>”WHURF-DRR? HLLLP!”

>It doesn’t take a genius to figure out what the last word was.
>But you don’t help her.
>You do nothing save for wait.
>There’s no reason to let her know who’s there or what’s happening.
>It is enough that she knows there’s somepony watching.
>Somepony who doesn’t intend to aid her.
>>
>>29112907
>You simply let her stew in her fear a while longer.
>And you take a moment to admire your work.
>The glass box was provided by ponies, but the plumbing?
>That was your work.
>’Welded’ together with your own hooves.
>It was a rush job, but it shall suffice.
>An inlet just around belly height for fluids to enter.
>A crook going well above her head.
>And a drain poking through the bottom of her glass prison awaiting an opportunity to drain.
>Eventually you can wait no longer.
>It would have been preferable to leave her in her terror a while longer, but your patience has worn thin in recent days.

“I’m afraid I have some bad news for you.”

>She lets out what you think to be a gasp.

“The effects of dark magic linger long after you’ve stopped using it. Even my rather… unorthodox cure cannot change this fact.”

>”PRRS DNT U RNT RR YHNGHN!”

>You don’t actually know what she said.
>But you’re going to assume she was pleading.
>That’s what ponies usually do in her position.
>Even though you’ve not done anything like this since coming back, that fact hasn’t been forgotten.
>And so you let out a bitter, fake laugh.

“Oh, you think I was talking about YOUR condition? No, I was talking about MINE! And MY madness- my HATRED and cruelty? They’re VERY bad news for YOU.”

>There’s some more unintelligible words.
>You really don’t care what she has to say.

“Funny thing is that I know what I’m about to do is terrible and that were I well I wouldn’t even consider it. I simply don’t care right now. I gave you an ultimatum, Twilight Sparkle.”

>Her body tenses up.
>She holds a breath.

“No magic. How difficult is that? And despite the simplicity of the task, you failed me. As I knew you would. That’s why I’ve… revoked your magic privileges.”

>She growls slightly.
>Surely she hasn’t already forgotten her situation.
>>
>>29112915
“Were that the whole story I’d have let you go when I was done. Perhaps I’d have even appointed some staff to help ease your suffering. Care for you in the trying days and years to come. But you managed to do more than fail.”

>”HFFF! HHHHF!”

>Her wild thrashing continues for a brief period as she realises what’s coming next.
>But of course she quickly tires.
>That’s why you let her tire herself out BEFORE you started speaking.

“You struck me. You tried to strangle me. You stole my throne. And I suspect you were planning on crushing my head. I think you can understand why I might be a tad upset.”

>She lamely pulls against her bindings.
>Desperation can only carry one so far through exhaustion.
>Eventually the limits of the body will be reached.

“Had you stopped there? It’s hard to say what would happen. I’d have taken your horn for certain, and almost definitely banished you from Canterlot. Beyond that I don’t know. Perhaps I’d have done nothing more. I understand better than any what was going on in your head at the time; I can sympathise. I’d have done the very same not so long ago.”

>You idly wonder if she’s feeling some faint hope at this moment.
>Ideally not.
>You want her to know nothing save for pain and despair.

“But you went one step further. You went after MY FUCKING SISTER. You tried to KILL the single best pony to ever grace this world. And what’s more? You BETRAYED her trust. She never even considered the possibility that you might turn on her. I can’t forgive this, Twilight. In a thousand years, nay, a thousand millennia I won’t have forgiven you. Consider yourself lucky that she WILL recover. Yes, she’ll be fine. There’s nothing important between her ears, and for once that isn’t an insult. Rather, it’s your saving grace. Because if you’d actually managed to kill her? I’d devote every instant of the rest of eternity to making you PRAY that you might join her.”
>>
>>29112922
>You stand and move towards her.
>She tries to shy away from you, likely expecting you to strike her.
>You’ve got something better in mind.
>Instead, you reach up to the pipe above her head and turn a valve.
>Ice cold water starts showering down on her head wounds and begins collecting around her legs.

“Having running water in Canterlot was no small feat you know. Getting an effectively endless supply of it to come to the top of a mountain, all without magic no less.”

>You close the valve to leave her only partially submerged.

“I’ll spare you the details of the public water system. It’s quite dull in practice. But in effect it’s rather remarkable. So long as it rains, there is water delivered into every home. And while the system requires maintenance and surveillance the bulk of the work does itself. A feat which I’ve underappreciated in the past. But now I’ve seen just how far such an approach can take you. Equestria was humiliated by a creature that hardly did any of his own work at all. Instead, he reshaped the world such that nature worked for him. I intend to follow suit starting now. Tell me, are you familiar with the greedy cup?”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_cup

“An incredible device really. It drains itself if you overfill it. Without any magic whatsoever. When I first learned of it I was unimpressed. But nearly two thousand years later I’ve seen the light. And indeed, I suspect it shall prove useful.”

>You open the valve once more.
>Water floods in.
>Sparkle starts screaming and weakly struggling.
>To no avail of course.
>Before too long her head is completely submerged.
>Air bubbles come out of her nostrils rapidly before dwindling down to nothing.
>She appears to be too afraid to have the presence of mind needed to properly hold her breath.
>Perfect.
>And just when she stops thrashing, right when she’s about to yield to a watery grave...
>The water fills the siphon, and her prison drains.
>>
>>29112928
>Water continues to pour in as it marks down the seconds before she once more drowns.
>But you close the valve.
>Not out of mercy of course.
>But because you’re not done speaking.

“I can go about my business quite readily as you drown over and over again… it’s magnificent really. I can forget all about you here in this hidden and forgotten area; I could leave you here for weeks on end to suffer. Time was I’d torment my enemies in their dreams. An effective if laborious process. I needed ample time and magic to keep a mere hooffull away from their much needed rest. But now I finally see it all for what it is. A crutch. Magic, even its most innocent form, is addictive in a way. It solves so many problems that your solutions is always to use more. It blinds you to the simpler, more elegant solutions. Perhaps this is why we ponies have stagnated as of late. Perhaps that’s why there were only marginal innovations during my absence. No more!”

>You cycle the water through again.
>This time slowing the flow after she’s submerged to keep her underwater for a bit longer.
>You wait until everything has gone down the drains before cutting the flow and talking again.

“The word ‘nightmare’ was coined in my honor you know. Everyone, be they pony or otherwise, feared my magic. Those who crossed me suffered in ways they’d never imagined. But through it all, there was always a problem. It was my magic that they feared. Not me. They all believed me to be no more than my magic. And though all my victims are long ago deceased, it’s time for me to prove them wrong. Princess Luna doesn’t NEED magic to excel. I shall prove that my talents go far beyond control of the heavens and command over dreams. And the first step? I’m going to show to you that I don’t need magic to be your worst nightmare.”

>You turn open the valve and start to walk away.

“Enjoy your personal Tartarus, Twilight.”
>>
>>29112937
>You slam one of the vacant cell doors to punctuate your departure.
>A meaningless act of course.
>But as far as she knows that was the exit to the room.
>Instead you leave that door open.
>Open such that you or one of your assistants might enter without making sound.
>It’d be best if she didn’t know she was being watched.
>But sadly, despite all your words, you must monitor her.
>It wouldn’t do for her to actually drown for real.
>Which is why Spitfire is here.
>Standing upstairs by the trap door that leads down to this damnable place.
>Waiting for word on why you summoned her here.

“Did you stop by the wine cellar as I asked?”

>The question was a mere formality.
>There’s a look of grim determination on her tear stained face.
>She saw Celestia’s ‘corpse’.

>”Who did it?”

“Remember this feeling. It will serve you well in the near future. Sister yet lives. There’s nothing vital stored in her head. Thankfully. The question isn’t whether or not she’s alive, the question is if I can put her back together without guidance. Something that remains to be seen.”

>”WHO DID IT?”

>You should punish her for yelling at you.
>But truth be told she’s exhibiting exactly the fury you were hoping for.
>Were she a unicorn you’d be worried about having another dark mage on your hooves.
>But with pegasi?
>As far as you know there’s nothing wrong with a little bit of blinding hatred here and there.

“That’s why I’ve called you here. I’ve already apprehended the pony responsible, one Twilight Sparkle.”

>”The purple bitch?”
>>
>>29112942
“Indeed. It’s time for her to face punishment. But there’s a slight problem. We can’t have her dying before she’s served her sentence, and I can’t stay and watch her. I’ve got a sister to repair. I’ve called you here because I need somepony who will understand the gravity of the crime committed today. And while my ponies would surely do as I told them, it would shake them to the core. I’m doing something somewhat barbaric, something that I didn’t think would be necessary in this modern age. I don’t know you well, Captain, but I know what you think of Celestia. I wonder, though, if you’ll find my methods too extreme.”

>”If you’re not pulling their teeth it’s not extreme enough.”

>Crude.
>Overly simplistic.
>Not repeatable enough.
>She doesn’t really understand the art of torture.
>Even so, it’s harsh.
>She’ll do well enough.

“Maybe later. For now though? Make sure she she keeps breathing. If she actually dies then her punishment is over. And try not to let her know you’re there, I want her to think I’ve abandoned her to her fate. Don’t be afraid to break the glass if you need to get her out in a hurry. That’s replaceable. She’s not. Remember that feeling, Captain.”
>>
>>29112950
>You walk away without another word.
>You make your way through the empty dungeons and head towards your machine shop.
>You’ve much work to do.

>You are Spike.
>Your ‘heart’ is racing as you drop from the sky.
>The roaring jets push to correct your course as you rapidly plummet toward the ground.
>And yet somehow, despite falling from the heavens as a star might, you land.
>Alive.
>You take a few minutes to collect yourself before unstrapping and stepping up.
>And when you do, the side panel of the airship drops down.
>And opens up into the remains of the sanctuary.
>You feel almost as though you’re stepping into a blast furnace as you survey the wreckage.

“What happened?”

>”Right behind you.”

>You turn your head.
>The dome sags around a massive hole that reveals the sun, facing directly at two floating balls of light.
>The Titans?
>Why didn’t you see them back in Ponyville?
>You’d assumed they were simply too dim to see from the surface.
>Unless…

“Why was I on the ship for so long waiting for take off?”

>”I didn’t want you flying around an active battle.”

>Recent kills then.
>You probably launched the moment they died.
>You look at the puddles of metal that lay on the ground.
>You don’t need thermal imaging to know they’re hot.
>The bright red glow is more than sufficient.
>They might not even be solid just yet.
>Molten even after several hours...

>”Yeah. Stay back from that, I’d be hard pressed to pull your out if you fell in.”

“Fell in?”

>”They made a pretty deep hole at the point of impact. That’s a lake you’re looking at.”

>A lake of molten metal.
>Wait.

“Impact? Did something fall?”

>”One spell landed. ONE. A bolt of mana from space. All the wreckage you see is from a single spell. I tried to record it, but my arcanoscopes were overwhelmed. Some blew themselves apart.”
>>
>>29112962
>So far you haven’t seen that much damage.
>Sure, he’s had hours to repair, but, but last time the whole sanctuary was wrecked.
>Why then the emphasis that it was just one spell?
>One spell delivered from space-
>Wait just a hot second!

“Magic is a property of matter that can travel through a medium. If they didn’t make it into the atmosphere, how did they cast a spell?”

>”You’re asking all the right questions.”

“That’s not an answer.”

>”I don’t have an answer.”

>That’s kinda freaky.
>No more freaky than everything else that’s happening, but still.
>You shiver slightly despite the heat.

“I’m just glad they’re dead.”

>”When did I ever say they died?”

>You gesture up towards the blinding lights in the sky.

“They look pretty dead to me.”

>”I’m an expert at spacial distortion and teleportation. And I’ve been devoting pretty much all my spare time to studying magic ever since I was forced to admit it existed.”

“So?”

>”So I KNOW when a teleportation spell has been cast. About half their mass escaped. Discord never died when I blew him up; I suspect he used a similar trick. Escape with just enough to regrow. Maybe have some redundancy in important organs in case you get hit in a vital area? Not sure, I’m guessing here. Their baby might have escaped too, I don’t know. I didn’t know what to look for back then.”

>So they escaped?
>And they’re probably going to come back!
>Next time they’ll know what to expect.
>And everything is broken!
>How will-

>”That kind of energy doesn’t come from nowhere. I’d be shocked if they didn’t need a few years at least to get back into peak form. Don’t worry, we have time.”

>You’re not entirely sure how he knew what you were thinking.
>Maybe you’re just predictable?
>Or maybe he’s worried about the same thing.
>>
>>29112970
“Shouldn’t you get started right away?”

>”Ideally yes. But there’s not much I can do until this place is fixed up. Might as well get other affairs in order while I wait. Come.”

>A swarm of dark grey sand- programmable matter he called it- amasses before you.
>It resolves itself into a chair.
>You sit upon it and it starts zooming away to some other part of the sanctuary.

>”Sorry. We have a bit of a trip to make. A circuit overload fried most of my controls over the dome so I can’t open it up for entrance at the moment. Couldn’t land you in the right place. Had to make do with the opening they provided.”

>You shoot toward the doorway to one of the adjacent cells.
>A doorway that’s constantly opening and trying to close, but being blocked by an immobile one of his flying worker machines.
>Something which has been strangely absent in the normally busy sanctuary.
>You zip through the doorway at blinding speed, narrowly avoiding the doorway as it tried to close on you.
>Calculated, surely.
>On the other side you see ruined flying workers scattered everywhere.
>Whole swarms of them that seemingly fell from the sky as one.
>The skyward facing cannons droop and sag, their formerly straight barrels having bent.
>Likely rendering them useless.

>”I had them firing too fast. The heat of each shot built up and melted them.”

>Ruining his own equipment to push a few more attacks through?
>That sounds like a desperate measure to you.
>You approach the next doorway…
>And stop.

>”Hold on a sec. Not safe to enter there yet. Aaand… there we go.”

>The door opens.
>A strong gust of wind blows into it from your back.
>>
>>29112978
>”That weird green fire that spread out was hard to contain. The only solution I’ve found so far is to remove the atmosphere. Cooling it didn’t work, submerging it in water or even liquid nitrogen didn’t work. The strangest part is that it didn’t pop up at the spell’s landing zone, it appeared as a ring around it.”

>A green flame that cannot easily be extinguished.
>That burns through water and in the bitterest of colds.
>Dragonfire.
>As if to confirm your suspicions one of the many nameless machines bursts into flame as you zip by.
>It looks identical to your own.

”It needs a source of magic to sustain itself. We need to dispel it.”

>”On it.”

>A few minutes later you feel a wave of nothingness pass through you.
>Your magic has been severely weakened.
>Before all the changes you’d have likely been exhausted.
>Right now you merely feel heavy.

“Where’d you learn to do that?”

>”Luna used that trick to cancel a stasis spell on Celestia when she was done rebuilding her. She never did explain how it works though… for now I’m just happy that it does.”

“The fires are gone?”

>”Most of them.”

>Most.
>Dragonfire that can survive a dispel rune.
>You hear a loud crashing sound in the distance.
>The lights dim for a moment.
>Your chair changes course towards a different cell.

>”HOLY C- best avoid that one for now.”

“What happened!?”

>”They created some creatures that I was trying to study. Turns out they blow up when restrained. Good to know.”

>And now there are summons that are persisting even with the summoner gone.

“I’m not so sure I want to be here right now.”

>”It’s now or never. I’m not going to have much time for distractions once my factories are online.”

“And you’re sure it’s safe?”

>”I’ve reclaimed most of the cells. We just need to stick to the safe ones.”

>Reclaimed.
>Not repaired.
>You enter the next cell waiting to see what ruin will meet you.
>>
>>29112982
>Instead of destroyed machinery you see nothing.
>Literally nothing.
>A perfect sphere of empty space digging well down below what should be the surface.
>Cutting into the walls and taking a small chunk out of the ceiling too.
>What horrifying work of sorcery did this?

>”In all honesty I don’t know what they did here. I just hope they didn’t steal it. As far as I can tell they don’t know how this stuff works, if they reverse engineered it they’d be even more dangerous. All the more reason for my to call home and get some proper weapons.”

>You shoot into the next cell.
>Mercifully nearly everything seems to be in good order.
>And the wild ride comes to an end.
>Your chair dissolves out from under you.
>You meet the ground with a gentle stride and start walking onto a small metal pad
>You’re not sure what it’s for, but that’s where he left you.

“I thought you said they only landed one spell.”

>”As far as I can tell, yes.”

“Then why were there so many effects so spread out? None of this makes sense!”

>He doesn’t say anything.

“They cast spells in space, they teleported while blowing up, one spell had dozens of effects-”

>”Hundreds actually.”

“Summons and dragonfire are persisting without the caster being around to power them, they’re persisting after being dispelled. None of this makes any sense! This isn’t possible!”

>”Clearly it is. Maybe they know of some loophole that we haven’t thought of, or maybe we’re just wrong about what’s possible.”

“Loophole. It has to be. There’s no other way!

>”Try to be a bit more open minded about what can and can’t happen. Just because we say something is true doesn’t make it so. It just means we’re pretty certain that we’re close to truth.”

“So you’re saying all of magical theory is wrong?”
>>
>>29112984
>”All theories and models are wrong, Spike. But some of them are useful. Now. Try to channel your flight magic. We’re going to get some readings.”

>That’s easy.
>Sure, you’ve never flown before.
>For rather obvious reasons.
>But the magic has always been there.
>Much like how you never needed to learn to breath.
>Sure, you’re probably doing a lot of things wrong.
>One doesn’t wake up one morning and become a wonderbolt.
>It takes more than basic mana control to become an archmage.
>But you can at least command the magic in its most basic form.
>You desire flight.
>You wish to fly.
>You want-

>”Gettin’ something. Very weak arcane signature, but a reasonable decrease in weight. Hold on. Let’s try something else.”

>Hours pass.
>You note how the Sanctuary is rapidly returning to its original state around you.
>At least this cell is.
>The fallen flying machines have been cleared out, and replaced or repaired.
>At the beginning of the testing there was hardly anything moving about.
>But now the swarm has returned in full force.
>Going about mysterious tasks that you’d been assured are largely mundane.

>”Right, so what happens if we do it in a closed environment?”

“We’ve already done that.”

>”We’re doing it again.”

>More time passes.
>With more repetition in testing.
>And more obscure instruments monitoring you.
>The same experiment over and over again.
>With the exact same result every time.
>You’re growing tired.
>The magic you’ve been using has become a real tax upon you, each iteration draining you a little bit more.
>Before long you’ll be able to ‘fly’ no more.

>”Right. We’re doing it again!”

“We’ve. Done. It. Test over.”

>”Just one more time. This time I’m SURE everything’s calibrated properly.”

“You were sure thirty tries ago!”

>”And then I got the wrong result! There’s NO WAY you violate conservation of mass!”

>Wrong result?
>Oh.
>You see what’s happening.
>>
>>29112988
“Just how much of your knowledge is instinct?”

>”Just the basics. Stuff that’s been known for thousands of years. Now start channeling that magic. I’m going to find out where that missing mass is going!”

>He has some expectation built into his mind.
>A belief that isn’t meant to be shaken.
>Something akin to how you KNOW things fall when you drop them.
>And reality doesn’t match his expectations.
>You take off the elastic harness.
>Remove the weird cap with the blinking lights.
>Push away the flying cameras.
>And walk off the scale.

“Either there’s some loophole that you haven’t thought of, or conservation of mass isn’t a thing.”

>”That’s preposterous! It’s been tested and proven time and again over the ages! It’s one of the fundamental cornerstones of the theory of everything- there’s no way that all of physics is wrong!”

“Try to be a bit more open minded about what can and can’t happen. All theories and models are wrong. Some are just useful.”

>”You’re a cheeky one, aren’t you?”

“Am I wrong?”

>”No. No, you have a point. It’s just been so bizarre since I came to this place. Do you have any idea what it’s like to see impossible things everywhere? To find things that defy reason no matter you look? To have common sense and instinct scream at you that reality is wrong?”

>You quickly survey the sanctuary and its innumerable autonomous flying hunks of metal using your lightning powered super eye.

“Yeah. I think I have a rough idea of how that feels.”

>”Oh. Right.”

>It never ceases to amaze you how oblivious he can be.
>One moment he seems omniscient, the next he forgets that he’s talking to a dragon.
>Is it some problem with his head?
>Is he just self absorbed?
>Or maybe he’s multitasking too hard.
>You have no idea.

“So, will it work? Can I fly?”

>”Probably? I dunno. This might hurt a bit by the way.”
>>
>>29112994
“What is that?”

>”Surgery done right. Well, almost right. Pretty close. I’m unlicenced, you know. Pretty serious legal repercussions for this, but in for a [penny] in for a [pound].”

>You’re not sure what that means.
>Either way you’re having second thoughts.

>”Instead of cutting you open and putting new parts in there, I’m building the parts inside you. No need for light scalpels. Like I said. Not enough room for proper neural augments; maybe if I knew what I was doing I could pull it off. Or maybe if I was rebuilding your whole body. Whatever.”

>You can feel a weird presence at the back of your mind.
>Almost like there’s a whole other consciousness just behind your own.
>You focus on it.
>But nothing happens.

>”Ask a question.”

“Why?”

>Standard testing protocols for a neural graft involve attempting to activate said database.

>That was really weird.
>It felt like you were telling yourself that.
>As though you were simultaneously learning and remembering the same information.

>”Feels weird and a bit unsettling?”

“Y-yeah.”

>”Good.”

>Why would that be good?

>Seamless access to foreign knowledge, while possible, is not desirable. Information provided in such a manner becomes indistinguishable from the user’s own memories and experiences.

>That’s so weird.

“So if it didn’t feel weird like that, I wouldn’t know that it wasn’t me?”

>”You’d lose your own past into the database. In small doses it can be hilarious, but in the extreme you need to unplug else you’ll lose yourself.”

“So Celestia has to deal with this weird feeling all the time?"
>>
>>29113005
>”No. She got the seamless interface because she’s filling her database with her own memories. There is no foreign information to get mixed in. It should feel totally natural. If I were to drop some information into her mind though, she’d believe it was real no matter how absurd. And with the way the brain works it’ll make up any excuse it needs to cover any inconsistencies. I just put a short video in Celestia’s memory, next time you see her ask her about the time she went skydiving. Oh. Then tell me when you’re done, I should really delete it afterwards. I’m urinated at her but overwriting with her past is a step too far.”

>Urinated at her?
>Must be a translation problem.

>”All done in your head. Moving on.”

>So you have access to the biggest library in the world.
>Built into your head.
>So many questions that need answering.
>You focus on it.
>What is his homeworld like?

ACCESS DENIED

>”I suppose now is as good of time as any to bring this up. Like I said, you’re too small to hold all the stuff you wanted, so I just connected you to my wireless network. You’re getting the data from my machines; it isn’t stored locally.”

“Which means I just asked your machines for information.”

>”Yes.”

“And that they probably noted what I’d asked for.”

>”Try to keep your nose clean. I can’t tell what you’re thinking, I just know what files you request.”

>You’re not really happy about this.
>Having somebody watching every time you try to look something up.
>It’s just wrong.
>But it’s what you’ve got.
>Better to have monitored access than no access.
>You’ll just have to make do…

>”You sure you want to go through with the next step? You’ll look pretty striking. You won’t be able to blend in at all you know.”

>You just tap your fake leg in response.
>You go numb from the neck down.

>”Fair point.”

>Something seems to be holding you up but you can’t tell what.
>>
>>29113013
>”You should still be able to talk. Let’s discuss a few things.”

“Business or distraction?”

>”Both. As bright as you are, I doubt you’ll be able to get as much done as we want on your own. Not in a reasonable amount of time at least. You’re going to need equipment, staff, funding.”

“I figured you’d provide the equipment I needed.”

>”You’re not going to be hearing much from me in the coming years. Fighting is one thing, ripping space a new one is another. It’s going to take a Tartarus of a lot of work, but I need to see what weapon schematics I can get.”

“I’m sorry. Ripping space a new one?”

>”I’m a long way from home. Only way to get in touch is with a wormhole. That’s why they sent me here, to make one. Of course all the prep work was supposed to have been done before I left. Now I need to re-do the whole thing, and I’m not as bright as the people who did it the first time. It’ll take years to get it back online.”

“Hold on. You mean to tell me it took months to make this-”

>You try to gesture out at the sanctuary.
>Your numb limbs fail you.

“And it’ll take years to make that?”
>>
>>29113028
>”Yes. I can’t just up and make a [wormhole] all the way home. It’s physically impossible. I’d need eight times infinite energy to get there, which obviously isn’t happening. Instead I have to sync up with relays that other people have set up for me. Since all this hardware takes so much energy to make we’re trying to pull it off with small relays spaced far apart. Imagine you’re firing an arrow at a target. If it’s right close you don’t need to be very precise to hit it. If it’s further away then being off by even a single degree will make you miss. Now imagine it’s 2 quintillion meters away. Now pretend it’s moving a million of meters per second. That’s my job. Speaking of, somebody’s going to be counting on me to be up and running in a couple hundred years… I need to get started on this pretty much right away.”

“You haven’t started yet? I thought you’d have been eager to go home. It sounds so much better than this place.”

>”Yeah…”

“What aren’t you telling me?”

>”I was made to be free, Spike. My father valued liberty greatly, to an irrational degree if you ask me. It’s hard wired into my psyche. There’s some irony there if you think about it.”

>You don’t really see what that has to do with anything.
>Unless…

“Are you hiding from an oppressive regime?”

>”Depends who you ask. I think they’re quite reasonable. Dad was furious that he wasn’t allowed to own weapons of mass destruction.”

“Like your exploding shots?”

>”No, I said MASS destruction. Think big. Personally I don’t see that as being too big of a problem, no reason why every nutjob should be able to own a world cracker. They’re not even that useful anyway, good luck ever landing one without hijacking a rift nexus.

>WORLD cracker?
>>
>>29113040
>”Of course he went out of his way to show me real oppression. He even took me to [Venus]. To this day I can’t help but wonder if getting caught was part of his plan. He was a pretty big guy for them, maybe he thought he could crash the prison ship and escape or something.”

“So if you’re okay with the laws back home, why haven’t you gone back yet?”

>”I never said I was okay with the laws. Maybe I was once, but things change. Anyone who should interfere with the development of an alien species without explicit permission from a two thirds majority of the [interplanetary] council has committed an offence.”

>Interfere with development.
>You can think of SEVERAL things he’s done that qualify.

“You’re a fugitive?”

>He doesn’t answer.

“Because Equestria attacked you, you can’t go home?”

>”Indirectly I suppose. I’d probably be able to talk my way out of that. Say it was life or death, and that they’d lose the gateway if I didn’t protect myself. I’d probably be let off the hook for that. And I was hoping to be able to put you back together with flesh and blood, sweep my intervention under the rug.”

“But now there’s thousands out there that are alive because of you.”

>”I’m not going to be able to hide that. Or the temple they’re building to me in Cloudsdale. Idiots.”

>Temple?

”Why? None of this, nothing that’s happening around here is your problem. It’s not your fault. Why
would you give up so much for the ponies that have abused you so much?”

>”Copulate the constabulary.”

>What.
>>
>>29113042
>”I wasn’t planning on helping out. Not at first anyway. When I was reviewing what happened while I was, let’s say indisposed, I learned that Luna had said something. Everyone is guilty of all the good they didn’t do. She said that the ultimate proof that the Titans were evil wasn’t their aggression, it was their apathy. This made sense to me. It might be possible to forget using this place as their toy in time. Forget, not forgive. But every morning, every single day she walked this world in her long life, she saw reminders of what they’d left her with. Famine. Disease. Senescence. Pain, suffering, toil, and general misery. They made this place. They had the power to fix most, if not all of these problems. They refused. To this day nearly all the blood that’s spilt is on their tentacles. Their refusal to help was one of the greatest cruelties imaginable. This is what Luna meant when she said that. And I agreed with her every word.”

>You’ve never really looked at them that way.
>Maybe it’s because they were ancient history before you were born.
>Maybe it’s because the way things are are just normal to you.
>Or maybe it’s just because you never really took the time to think about it.

>”Then she turned the same reasoning on me. I refused to intervene when I was the only one that could save tens of thousands of lives. She called me cruel. And she was right! If I were [Venutian] I’d have been designed to obey the letter of the law at all costs. As a [Terran] I’d have probably been designed to obey the law unless I was in immediate danger. Were I [Plutonian] I’d have likely been designed to seek revenge. I’m none of those things. I was designed to do what I thought was best first and foremost.”

“Are you implying that there are people who are born without the ability to disobey?”

>”I wouldn’t go so far as to call them people.”
>>
>>29113053
>One of his flying machines moves up in front of you.
>One of its tentacles rises up and touches the top of its disc.
>You hear a clapping noise and smoke starts rising from the thing as it drops to the ground.

>”These things have about as much autonomy as they did. And they’ll destroy themselves if I ask them to. They were alive but they weren’t people.”

>That’s awful!

“That’s terrible! The people that made them that way would be considered their parents, right? How could a mother of father do that to their child?”

>”By degrees.”

“What do you mean?”

>”I’m not talking about that anymore.”

“But-”

>”Drop it.”

>You must have hit a nerve of some sort.
>Probably best not to push him.

>”Back on task. The knowledge you’ve got access to is useless if you don’t know it’s there. Focus your studies on learning concepts, not details. If you can’t remember a formula that’s fine. If you don’t know that gravity is even a thing you’re not going to get good results. It took me hundreds of years of school to familiarize myself with the network, shouldn’t take nearly as long here though. The network around here is much much smaller than what I had access to at home. It only contains the knowledge I brought with me after all.”

“So all the time I spent memorizing details was a waste?”

>”Basically. Go for a wide breadth of knowledge and only seek specifics when needed. Don’t expect to understand everything you find in there either. The best and brightest in the universe have contributed to that thing. Nobody understands all of it. Even the pared down version I have here is beyond my understanding. I doubt you’ll be able to augment yourself any time soon using that thing. It’ll tell you how, sure, but you won’t get it.”
>>
>>29113057
“Sorta like when Sweetie Belle checked out that book on advanced thaumaturgy to learn how to levitate stuff?”

>”I don’t know who that is. Given enough time I suspect you’d be able to grasp it all. You’d just have to take it one step at a time. Walk before you run and all that. Now. Try to fly.”

>Your body is no longer numb.
>And your shoulders are pretty sore.
>Not really hurting, just sore.
>You focus on your magic again.
>As depleted as it is you manage to get a decent flow.
>A pulsing roaring sound emanates from behind you.
>And you lift off.
>You may or may not let out an undignified yelp as you panic, losing your focus and ruining the flow of magic.
>You then fall to the ground.

>”It worked! It actually worked! I- I can barely believe it. I must admit I’m somewhat envious now. I was supposed to be the first fusion of magic and [human] tech.”

>There’s a faint whirring noise behind you.
>You look back and feel around.
>You can’t find anything behind you.

>”They fold up and retract when not in use. Can’t do that for most of course, the heat from a pulse jet would burn them up if it went in so soon. Luckily? Dragon.”

>You focus on your flight magic again.
>A fan of thin tubes pops out from your back, and a steady stream of flame just barely rims the bottom.
>You stop.
>The tubes retract into themselves seemingly having been telescopic in nature.
>And then they retract under your scales.
>Presumably retreating into your body.

>”Ask my network to fly you to a location. It’ll calculate the fastest safe trajectory and steer for you. Oh, and use this carefully. As you already know this is burning the fuel you normally use to breath fire. You could very well find yourself running out mid-flight. And try not to start any fires with it either. I think we’re all done here, yes? I’ll give you a lift to Canterlot.”
>>
>>29113065
“Why Canterlot?”

>”To make a withdrawal. Didn’t I tell you? You’re the richest being on this planet now. You’ve got way too much work to do, no time to worry about stupid things like money.”

“How? You don’t have any bits.”

>”I have gold. Had, it’s yours now. Get some assistants you can trust to manage it for you. Hire others to do the physical work for you, your mind is far more productive than your claws ever will be. Delegate everything you can. Nobody ever made it big by doing all their work themselves. And Spike? Good luck.”

>The side of the aircraft opens up.
>And you climb in.
>Knees already shaking at the thought of it…
>A huge hoard of gold.
>Bigger than any other hoard in the world.
>Every dragon’s dream...

That's it.
Hopefully you didn't hurt yourself on that edge. I make no apologies for putting it in though.

Spike's wings aren't important to the story, and I DID consider excluding them. However I figured it was a good opportunity to demonstrate that magitech was capable of doing things that both camps previously thought impossible. Thoughts?
Oh. And don't expect to hear anything from me until next year. Probably a week into it even.
>>
>>29113127
Nice.
>>
>>29113127
>Oh. And don't expect to hear anything from me until next year. Probably a week into it even.

oh poop.
>>
>>29113127
ohshit this will take me at least an hour to read
>>
>>29113127
I liked the torture scene it fit really well with the theme.
I feel like this is one of those stories that can spawn a hundred more and they are always the most fun to read.
Always a pleasure to read.
>>
>>29113127
So anon started to use magic? I can`t v8 to see him using it, just imagine you could make a magic box inside which time time flows twice as faster, that would double the speed of any device that operates in it.

Also that room
>A perfect sphere of empty space digging well down below what should be the surface.
>Cutting into the walls and taking a small chunk out of the ceiling too.

Would be funny if they just shrinked the room and when spell is worn off it would expand to its previous size crushing itself and newly installed equipment.
>>
>>29113127
>Oh. And don't expect to hear anything from me until next year. Probably a week into it even.

So two weeksish? A bit on the longer side but not too unusual
>>
>>29113127
If dragons in this Equestria grow in proportion to their horde, he's going to gain a few inches.
>>
>>
>>29113127
It's nice to see spike finally go full trans-dragon. Also, the idea that anon could have serious trouble challenging ideas that had been written into his genome is good and interesting.
>>
>>29113042
Fuck's sake.
>>
File: 1449176722049.jpg (215KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1449176722049.jpg
215KB, 1280x1280px
>>
>>29113127
keep going writefag, for you are the one that is the central nerve system to this thread, and to me you are but my heart that keeps me alive, i dont care about your departure, for i wish you happy holidays, and a happy new year, and i hope you will furfill my dream of continuing your glorious story. i really wish you the best of christmas and silvester.

>inb4 muslim

/pol/ here, still, may you live forever, happy new year, and holidays, and of course, sieg heil, based kamerade.
>>
File: 1481600602894.png (604KB, 744x900px) Image search: [Google]
1481600602894.png
604KB, 744x900px
>>29117692
forgot pic
soz.
>>
>>29113042
I think this is one of the most important parts of the story, is the humanity Anon shows, not his godlike self they see.
>>
>>29117692

/k/ here, may the /k/ube bless you with eternal ammo and everlasting arms.
>>
I was gonna wait until New Year's but it doesn't really matter

I think I'm done

I don't have a very good reason for it and I'm sure the thread doesn't give a damn, but I figured I should at least say something instead of disappearing without a trace. I don't feel like I can put my heart into writing this anymore, as much as I want to. It was supposed to be one of my better projects, and the work that I'd put the most effort into, and was something I could be proud of at least. Unfortunately it didn't really turn out that way, and I ended up burnt out on writing anything for a while. My last few sparse updates haven't been up to par with the quality I try and set for myself.
I think that even worse still is that it ended up only tangentially related to the thread's topic, and on flimsy reasoning at that. I'm not smart, and I know very little in the way of anything consisting of thread-related material. I'm glad that we've gotten an influx of writefags, and that both WiK and Magos are back to being the pillars that hold up the thread, and I'm certainly glad that the general didn't die when I first started writing here. The fact of the matter is that, to me, I feel like I've just wasted everyone's time with a story of which the content was lackluster. You may think otherwise, and the artist is always the most critical of their own work, but I do feel as if I'm wasting both my time and yours by continuing to write here. It's not like you'll lose very much in the process anyway.
I'll still be around of course, watching the general and still getting horsewords done. Just not here, perhaps not on any particular general any time soon. I'm not really taking a break, as I'll still be writing and such. I'm just hanging up my writefag hat for My Little Progress indefinitely.

Much love to all of our writefags, new and old, and to anyone that actually enjoyed my horsewords. You have my thanks and my apologies.

Merry Christmas

This is Yoohoo signing off
>>
>>29119061
>no more best poner
You fucking faggot, I hope Santa puts you on the permanent naughty list.
>>
>>29119061
Sad to see you go, but this level of closure is hardly heard of by writefags, so thank you for flashing your light one more time before going into the darkness.
>>
>>29119061
You're getting shit in your stocking for Christmas this year for this.
>>
>>29119061
Fuck man, i was hoping for more, but at least you told us
>>
>>29113127
Celly is going to be beyond furious when she finds out what's been done to twilight.
>>
>>29120597
I seriously doubt that.
>>
File: AuFhSGL.png (136KB, 409x415px) Image search: [Google]
AuFhSGL.png
136KB, 409x415px
>>29119061
https://youtu.be/mAH7CLUmvhE
Yes, I’m setting this to music, I do it in my story so I’m doing it here too, because why the fuck not?

Thanks for doing a proper sign off, I've seen enough writefags disappear without a trace and enough generals slide into the void that you doing a proper goodbye means a lot. Your story was great and did a lot of things really well, but more so I feel you deserve credit for just how prolific you were, specifically back near the start. We started our stories at about the same time and yet from then to now, you’ve written over eight times more than what I have. During that time you’re rate of work was a major inspiration to me though admittedly that was mostly based on envy, you consistently put out work at a speed I don’t think I’ve ever seen a writefag match and despite how fast you were going you still maintained a high standard of quality.

I’ve also got to say that you calling me a pillar of the thread, means a lot to me as well. I don’t think it’s a controversial statement to say WiK is the main guy around here. He was here before both of us and has been a constant since I’ve been actively keeping up with the thread. That you consider me worthy to be listed along with him in this context is really appreciated though I would question if its justified on any objective metric. As far as people who can stand next to WiK in this place, I’ve considered you the most deserving for a long time.

So farewell, Yoohoo! Goodbye and au revoir!
May whatever roads you walk be kind upon your feet and the wind be always at your back.
Should you ever return to grace this thread with your writings, I can only hope I will still be here to greet you again.
See you on the other side, fellow writefag, and a merry Christmas to you too, Yoohoo.
>>
>>29119061
Sad to see you go.
>>
>>29120975
progress report?
>>
File: 1451460567970.jpg (54KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1451460567970.jpg
54KB, 500x375px
>>29113042
>>”Of course he went out of his way to show me real oppression. He even took me to [Venus]. To this day I can’t help but wonder if getting caught was part of his plan. He was a pretty big guy for them, maybe he thought he could crash the prison ship and escape or something.”
You think you're smooth? You think you're slick, wise guy?
>>
>>29121983
>implying baneposting wasn't written into Anon's genome
>>
File: 1459520204134.jpg (151KB, 536x831px) Image search: [Google]
1459520204134.jpg
151KB, 536x831px
>>29121850
Slowed down a little bit for the season and to make some weird stuff on youtube, but none of the content is thread or horse related, so I won't shill that here for now.

The next update has two big scenes and one little one to end the post block.
The second scene is about Rye-54, that one is pretty much done.
The short one goes back to Anon, that one is pretty much done as well.
The only problem is the first scene, it involves the whole main 6 and Spike talking and not doing to much else, and I'm having a little trouble trying to keep everything clear as to whose saying what, while keeping the pace at the level I want.

I suppose this actually gives a decent excuse to ask, would those reading my story in this thread mind if I put in some script style bit to indicate whos talking in some of the more verbally crowded scenes?

For example...
>>
>>29122475

>You are Spike the dragon.
>Your friends, the bearers of the Elements of Harmony, as portrayed in a comical parody of their standard selves in which their traits are either exaggerated or inverted to the point at which normally lovable characters are presented as horrible idiots, are having a heated discussion for the purpose of demonstrating a non-standard format of greentext-storytelling.
>TS:”Books books books! I love books! All I care about is bo-“
>AJ:”Well ah think books are darn tootin' trash for yall high-faluti-“
>RD:”Well how about you solve the problem with brutal violence!”
>TS:”But Rainbow, That’s not very harmonio-“
>AJ:”Shut yer traps, the both of ya! Ya’ know this lil town used to be a nice place before we let all you bone-heads and bird-brains in-“
>TS:”Is it even legal to say that anymore-“
>AJ:”I DON’T CARE IF IT’S LEGAL, THE EARTH PONIES WILL RISE AGAIN I TELL YA!”
>FS:”r-r-r-rarity…. Why do our friends always get into fights?”
>R:”Oh darling, I hadn’t noticed darling, because you see, darling, I was just looking at this darling-“
>Sometimes you wonder how much easier your life would have been if you hadn’t been abducted by the God-Queen-dictator and given as a gift/slave to her apprentice…

I’ve seen a similar style used successfully before, but I’ve also seen it get used as a crutch by some writers to let them get away with doing less to clearly characterise everyone in the scene and to, in general, be lazier with the dialogue.
So I’d appreciate the input of everybody who’s been keeping up with the story. Do you like this variation on the format? Do you hate it with all your being? Do you have a different suggestion? Has this example driven you to the brink of suicide or has it convinced you to go out and give presents to all the orphans of London this Christmas Eve? I’d love to know what you all think before I write something that everybody hates forever.
>>
>>29122481
if it's absolutely necessary go ahead, but try to keep away from it if you can
>>
>>29119061
aw sucks to see you leave. best poner is gone forever now.
thanks for leaving a thing, you're awesome k.
RIP YOOHOO 2016-2016 :,(
>>
I'm just waiting for LP to update July next year.
>>
File: 1457021472361.png (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1457021472361.png
18KB, 400x400px
>>29122020
>anon's dad was a shitposter
>>
>>29124016
man, it must be weird to know that your dad wrote shitposts directly into your genome
>>
>>29123569
LP is kill
>>
lets progress to page 1
>>
>>29033810
>>
File: 1463762129520.jpg (150KB, 852x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1463762129520.jpg
150KB, 852x1041px
>>29125630
Page 1 you say?
>>
File: 1442342474322.jpg (45KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1442342474322.jpg
45KB, 480x480px
>>29126864
>>
>>29110279
>>
>>29124913
No, he updates the last 2 weeks of July at least. Ch ck back at 2015 and this year.
By the 9 divines I've been here a while haven't i?
>>
>>29128396
That pace is glacial
>>
>>
File: 1470776124854.jpg (149KB, 642x455px) Image search: [Google]
1470776124854.jpg
149KB, 642x455px
>>29113127

>”Back on task. The knowledge you’ve got access to is useless if you don’t know it’s there. Focus your studies on learning concepts, not details. If you can’t remember a formula that’s fine. If you don’t know that gravity is even a thing you’re not going to get good results. It took me hundreds of years of school to familiarize myself with the network, shouldn’t take nearly as long here though. The network around here is much much smaller than what I had access to at home. It only contains the knowledge I brought with me after all.”

“So all the time I spent memorizing details was a waste?”

>”Basically. Go for a wide breadth of knowledge and only seek specifics when needed. Don’t expect to understand everything you find in there either. The best and brightest in the universe have contributed to that thing. Nobody understands all of it. Even the pared down version I have here is beyond my understanding. I doubt you’ll be able to augment yourself any time soon using that thing. It’ll tell you how, sure, but you won’t get it.”

You know I wish someone told me all of this sooner. Maybe then I wouldn't so handicapped in terms of useful knowledge. Of course that is assuming I can even memorize details correctly.

Pt.1
>>
>>29112899
Amount to nothing my ass. You seem to be very well read and educated. If anything you will probably have to be worried about being "over-qualified". What may count as common sense for you is great wisdom for the vast majority of the populace. That, or it is a pile of poop. At least, that is what personal experience tells me. You are by far the heart and soul of this thread, followed by Scotty in 2nd place.

Honestly, what you have written here would probably do very well on Fimfiction if you were to ever post it there. I find myself very envious of your aptitude in general knowledge and learning. I myself have always been a slow learner. To give you an idea of just how utterly dumb an individual like myself can be, I have had to drop my pre-algebra class at my local college twice, despite pouring a dedicated amount of time into tutoring and learning at the campus. To that end, I still find myself soul searching for what is in range of my abilities. Based on personal performance, one can probably assume in a safe bet that I have more than a couple learning disabilities. ADHD Primary Attentive doesn't help things much either. (What with having a poor executive functioning, piss poor encoding for both short and long term memory and the like.)

Sorry, rambled off into a tangent. My point is here that you are likely to do well in life. Even if you fail in your current goal, I have no doubt you probably have a few back up occupations to pursue that you will at least do well in, if not be the zenith of whatever occupation you work for in your local area. Hell, you could probably do fiction writing on the side. You got the chops for it. Your current piece in this thread is up to your current standards. Better than most greens by far.

PT.2
>>
File: 1397613774345.jpg (229KB, 568x757px) Image search: [Google]
1397613774345.jpg
229KB, 568x757px
No, your edge isn't bad at all. It is the good edge that has a damned point in being there. It is functional in its purpose.

As for colleges and universities not preparing students for the future, is that much of a surprise? Especially when we have stuff like this being self evident.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-nvNAcvUPE&user=katrina

The fact that college and universities have to be "homes"?

But I digress, this isn't /pol/.

Just keep on rocking Writefag. You here are by far the most productive member here.

Seeing as I have no further words to offer, I will instead offer you an awesome video. These are addictive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVV4xeWBIxE&user=Primitive%20Technology

And as a bonus, I will throw you in a Mass Effect / X-Com fanfiction of fabulous quality.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11358796/1/A-Battle-of-Wills

Enjoy.
>>
>>29130660
remember Anon, even if you can not solve a problem, you become a problem, but I mean that in a good way, as without problems we would have no solutions, if we never diagnosed diseases as problems we wouldn't develop medicines to cure or prevent them. No one is useless in every aspect. I would say more but I feel patronizing enough, especially from a position I have no authority to speak, I'm just trying to share my mindset when I'm in this situation. I get last chair, but somebody has gotta be it and if I'm last chair I make others feel good that they aren't.
>>
>>29130736
Primitive Technology is such an awesome channel
>>
bampu
>>
>>29122553
What this guy said
>>
Bomp
>>
>>29131804
that it is
>>
It's time, ladies and gents, for Ch. 4. In this week's installment, the gang does work. That's about it.

>"Any place can be a homely place, if you know how to make it one."
-Marie Kate Rose, author of Survival and Persistence in 100 Biomes

-Trio-
>The sky was a shade of soft orange by the time the three castaways had decided to stop searching for anything salvageable. Sunset was about an hour away, and the various woodland animals that inhabited the neighboring woods began to get ready for the night. The sounds of nature had changed from the bird calls of day to the grasshopper chirps of evening. The grasses in the clearing swayed and danced with the breeze, and their verdant colors mixed and blended as they did so.
>The collection of supplies in the middle of the grassy clearing was rather sizable, with boxes and pallets arranged in a square twenty feet wide. Their dull tones of beige and grey stood out in stark contrast from the bright hues of their alien surroundings, a fact not unnoticed by their collectors. The three scavengers stood around the boxes, each with a military ration in their hands, and talked amongst each other as they ate their "Chili Mac" meals.
>"I think we should see what's in those boxes tomorrow. For now," Noah suggested, "it would be a good idea to set up shelter, at least of some sorts."
>"Yep. Those pallets will come in handy sooner or later," Andrew replied, and they'll make real nice building materials. They won't block rain or cold well, but they can do for now. Speaking of which, how are we gonna find water?"
>>
>>29137957

>"There's a small creek over there," Noah answered as he pointed towards the east. "We have a few days worth of water over there in the jugs, and we should have enough purification tablets for about two months. I think I can remember how to build a crude charcoal filter, so we should be set for water for as long as we're here if boiling works well. Plus, see those clouds? If there's clouds, that means there's rain, and freshwater, and... Andrew, we'll need a tarp or two for those pallets if it rains."
>"I thought as much," he replied. He was about to continue his train of thought, but Leah spoke first.
>"Aw, man, this is really good. What about food?"
>"Well, we have a few boxes of MREs, and they'll last for... I'd say six months. But afterwards? We'll have to hunt or forage, and I'm not sure if I want to eat alien food. Who knows," Andrew postulated, "the food here might be poisonous or something."
>"Hey, I'm up for it. Besides, didn't you see the squirrels? If they're anything like our squirrels, I'm willing to dig into one of them."
>"You'll eat anything," Noah teased.
>The three humans laughed as Celestia's majestic sun fell, to be replaced by Luna's dazzling night.
>>
>>29137958

>"Rise and shine, boys!"
>Andrew and Noah groaned as Leah sprang up from her sleeping spot on the grass. The dim shine of the stars and the candescent glow of the moon provided just enough light to provide an outline of her surroundings, but it wasn't quite bright enough to provide a clear image of anything. The sound of shuffling broke through the twilight ambience as Leah pulled herself to her feet.
>"...It's not even bright enough to do anything, Leah. Go to sleep."
>There was a brief silence, then a more frantic shuffling, then a beep. Leah's face suddenly popped out of her dark surroundings as her laptop screen shined its bright white light onto her.
>"...Whassa matta wifyu?"
>"Well, if you and Noah are gonna be all dead like that, then I guess I'll have to wait," Leah said to Andrew.
>Leah typed in her password when the login screen came up and hit the Enter key. She was greeted, as she had expected, with her pitch-black wallpaper and a small column of icons on the screen's left side. She clicked twice on the orange train icon and waited as "Japanese Metro Simulator 2022" booted up.
>"...Shouldn'cha save yer powrr?"
>"Don't we have solar chargers?"
>Leah clicked on the "Continue" button and began to play the game as Noah and Andrew went back to sleep in the serene silence and darkness of their alien yet familiar surroundings, interrupted only by the pitter-patter of a keyboard and the occasional bird call.

That's the first half, before I go on what are you guys thinking of it so far?
>>
>>29137966
Nothing's really happened so I have no opinion of it.
>>
>>29137957
Are they going to build a pallet house like one of these?

http://www.viralforest.com/pallet-house/
>>
>>29137966
Go on
>>
>>29138261
looks about right
>>
File: No Despair is still despair.png (1MB, 957x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No Despair is still despair.png
1MB, 957x1080px
>>29137966
Page 9 bump in hopes that Portgate fills the despair void created by that faggot Yoohoo.
>>
>>29138261
those look surprisingly nice
>>
File: time car.gif (2MB, 480x259px) Image search: [Google]
time car.gif
2MB, 480x259px
time traveling anon when?
>>
>>29141273
I also want this
>>
>>29142312
Me too but I can't think of a good explanation of why would a time traveller appear in Equestria unless you assume that Equestria is far future Earth which is just a cheap excuse
>>
>>29142593
You could make time travel not place the machine relative to the earth so it appears X years in whatever direction in the same place but equestria happens to be there at that point. There's not really a way to get there without an incredibly convenient coincidence. (then twilight manages to make the machine move with the planet during time travel so the story continues)
>>
>>29142593
A time traveller ending up in Equestria pretty much wouldn't be any different from a normal anon sans having a different explanation for being in Equestria and possibly coming from a different time period than ours
>>
>>29142791
I suppose you could say a time machine could move through space as well as time and it malfunctioned on a test drive or something.
>>
>>29142867
Yes, but the end result is the same as a simple "Anon goes to bed and wakes up in the Everfree"
>>
>>29138077
hopefully this is more interesting
>>29140426
that's a pretty high bar but I hope I can reach it

>"Oh, thank god!"
>Noah let go of the lid that he had just lifted a few seconds ago and picked up the four foot rifle, examining it and searching for scratches or bumps. He ran his hands along the barrel, its tip gleaming in the late morning sun. The words "BARRETT M107 .50 CALIBER" were etched onto the side of the gun.
>The trio of survivors were spending the morning unboxing the supplies that had came along with them and organizing them. Although some of the supplies didn't follow them through the Portgate, most of them ended up on the other side and ended up in a generally acceptable condition. So far, they had managed to find a large stock of food and medical supplies in the cardboard boxes. Solar panels that came with the research equipment provided electricity, and a large, oblong crate turned out to contain a sizable military-style tent. A large collection of construction equipment and tools came in two of the bigger plastic crates, ranging from shovels and axes to screwdrivers and wrenches. They had even found a box full of survival gear, packed to the brim with useful tools that were sure to help them during their time on the planet.
>But Noah was most interested in the green crates with five-pointed stars on their sides. If he was going to be staying on his world, he wanted to be prepared for whatever he would encounter. He had found more than enough guns, but ammunition was an issue. Even though he had found several cans of cartridges, he knew that they would eventually run out. And then?
>>
>>29142982

>They would have to make it last. Noah put the gun back into the case before closing the box and carrying it to the weapons pile. Andrew was standing there, sorting the crates into categories and recording their contents on his tablet. He looked up from the screen and put the tablet down on a box of lab equipment before walking over and grabbing the case from Noah's hand. Andrew set it down leaning against a stack of ammunition crates before picking up his tablet again.
>"What was in it?" he asked.
"Um, fifty-caliber rifle with three >magazines and maintenance kit."
>"Alright," Andrew responded. He typed something into his tablet and was almost finished when Leah seemingly appeared out of nowhere and dropped a cardboard box at his feet.
>"Here's some microscopes. Not sure why they have eighteen of them, but oh well."
>"Why do we need these?" Noah asked.
>>
>>29142994

>"Because I wanna do science experiments here. I know that we might not ever get back home, but it's a fun thing for me to do in my free time. Besides, we might be able to scrap these for spare parts in the future."
>"Good point," Andrew remarked. "You said eighteen, right? Well, go ahead and put it with the rest of the science junk that came over."
>"Hey, rude! It's not junk," Leah giggled. She set the box down next to a small collection of scientific equipment, glad that she was getting along well with her fellow castaways. The three of them were already pretty good pals, and she was happy to have them with her. She was even happier to know the feeling was mutual.
>Their work continued late into the afternoon, and by the time they had finished the sun was already halfway under the horizon. None of them complained, though.
>>
aw shit time to move the plot on
>>29143015

-Luna-
>Gong...
>Gong...
>The gigantic grandfather's clock rang out twelve times with its deep, solemn toll, signaling the passing of midnight. Luna glanced at the clock in her quarters, glad to put down her quill and leave the messy pile of paperwork that was on her Gryphon pine desk for something a bit more soothing. It was always somewhat liberating for her to explore the dreams of her subjects and talk to them in a way that she never could in the real world. When they were awake, ponies always seemed to talk to her like... like she was a princess. But in the dreamscape, she was free to talk with her citizens like a regular pony and get to know her subjects in ways she never could as a ruler.
>The navy blue circular rug in the middle of her office was expertly embroidered by Canterlot artisans with her crescent-moon cutie mark. Its fibers were silky smooth and extremely fine, and they were quite helpful in allowing Luna's mind to enter the state of relaxation that was necessary for dreamwalking. She sat down, closed her eyes, and began her meditation, passively charging her magic as she did so.
>Dreamwalking involves transitioning the mind from the physical realm to the magical field and from the magical field to the dreamscape. The process was quite magic-intensive, and it could only be performed with the magic of several thousand unicorn mages. Luna was an alicorn, so that was no issue. In fact, the process felt like a simple teleportation spell to her, and once she had gathered enough ambient magic she easily transitioned into the dreamscape, a vast void filled with pinpricks of all sizes and colors. She floated amongst the starlike points, each one representing a being's dream. After thousands of years, their minds were familiar to Luna, and she felt at ease with them.
>>
>>29143026

>But there was something off that night. Somewhere, something - or somepony - was clearly different. Luna closed her eyes and focused, honing in on the discrepancy. The three lights that she had found clustered together didn't look any different from any she had seen except for being a bit more dull.
>So it was a surprise when she realized that the lights felt...hollow. As if something was missing. Luna paused for a second, contemplating the reason these dreams had a sense of emptiness about them....
>Magic.
>Or rather, a lack thereof. All living creatures gave off a small yet distinct magical signature. Luna could sense those signatures and find out what species it belonged to, their sex, and their age, among other things. These beings, however, didn't give off a single trace of magic. What were they?
>Luna carefully prepared to enter those dreamscapes. She was so used to entering the dreams of ponies that the steps she took were second nature. However, these creatures were something different. Luna slowly and carefully probed the dream, gently easing herself in. She soon found herself standing in a blank white void, which she assumed to be the dream. It was empty, save for a lone wooden bookshelf with an assortment of reading material within it.
>>
>>29143032

>She walked up to the bookshelf, staring at the spines of the books that lined it. It was clear that the books were composed of some strange material. It was shiny and smooth, but was definitely not metal. It was too... light for that. She pulled a rather thick book off the shelf, reading the title. Though the language was unfamiliar, she knew that the front of the book read Advanced Chemistry, Third Edition. Luna could tell that "Chemistry" meant alchemy, judging from the flasks and tubes on the cover. She flipped the book open to the front flap and found a rather odd chart composed of labeled squares simply titled "The Periodic Table of Elements", noticing that the pages in the book were made of unbelievably thin sheets of what seemed to be lacquered paper. She estimated that it was at least a thousand sheets thick, which was odd considering books of that size should only be able to hold three hundred or so pages.
>The table consisted of about a hundred squares set in a peculiar stack that seemed to peak at the left and right ends. Each square contained one or two letters of the strange language in the middle, with an element name and various numbers above and below it. Luna looked at what seemed to be a guide to reading the squares. She didn't know what an "Atomic Number" or "Molar Mass" was, but the rest was rather easy to figure out. The only problem was that there were 118 elements.
>>
>>29143044

>Sure, there was Gold and Iron in the table, but most of the elements were unknown to her. Argon, Polonium, Bismuth...what were they supposed to be? Luna was curious, but she knew that she had to act unobtrusively in a dream for the dreamer to not notice her. If she looked further into the book, the dreamer might notice, and Luna would rather not draw the attention of an unknown being. She slotted the book back onto the shelf, hoping that she would be able to come back to it, before she left the dream and returned to reality.
>When she opened her eyes, she immediately looked at the clock. It was about two-fifteen, which was rather early for her sessions. She stood up, trotted over to her office chair, and sat, thinking about what the past two hours meant.
>It was a good thing she had prematurely stopped, because it was a lot to take in.

That's it for 4. I really need feedback in case that's not clear enough, so please spare a comment for a young writefag. It only takes a minute or two, and I need to know what people think about this story so far.
>>
>>29036074
I like the idea that Twilight is going to Anon's house and cuddling up under his blankets with him at night and uses the excuse of "this is for science" to justify falling asleep in Anon's arms.
>>
>>29036074
>Soft and squishy
>Firm at two inches
>Rear support
>Number of trials
I thought this was going to Twilight documenting sex with Anon, but then I read that it was just Twilight playing in Anon's bed.
>>
>>29051612
I'm looking for a story where Anon introduces technology and ponies do not immediately react like he just mounted their grandmother. Does this thread have any? Bonus points if the story does not end with Anon using his technology to fuel a war, like that one story about Anon and Moondancer's romance which had a small sub-plot where Anon used his technology to build a city.

Also looking for: actual engineer in Equestria. Kinda breaking the suspension of disbelief when an Anon with no formal education or training can just up and go to a lifeless desert with 5 guys and start smelting steel and building concrete walls shortly after solving a town's chronic drought problem
>>
>>29066944
>>29067248
>>29067278
>>29067396
>>29068592
You morons DO realize that you're seriously arguing whether or not it's okay to bring up zpe in a discussion about fictional magical cartoon ponies, right? Jesus christ, don't take yourself so fucking seriously.
>>
File: IMG_0601.jpg (74KB, 394x473px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0601.jpg
74KB, 394x473px
>>29143136
>firm at two inches
>>
>>29142593
>>29142640
How about
>Anon decides to finally test his totally-not-"Back to the Future"-inspired-even-though-it's-Delorean-too time machine
>meanwhile Princess of Reading does some spacetime-related experiment
>distortion of multiverse spacetime caused by it results in Anon accidentally wheeling right into their timespace
>>
>>29143058
Trust me dawg, when people have a gripe about your story, they'll let you know.
If you're not getting any feedback its cause your story is at a point where there isn't anything good or bad to talk about.

For feedback, your writing is good and the story is progressing, albeit in my opinion a bit slowly. I know setup is necessary, but it feels a bit dragging. Not saying you gotta blow through scenes like you're the Flash, but it feels like we've been setting up the camp for a long time.
Part of that might be in part to how you post.
You may want to hold off on frequent small updates in favor of larger dumps. Frequent small updates can make scenes feel longer than they actually are compared to less often larger updates.
This Luna bit was better compared to the several small camp scenes in my opinion.

That's my two bits, anyways.
>>
>>29144581
Pretty much what this guy said.
>>
>>29144134
>totally-not-"Back to the Future"-inspired-even-though-it's-Delorean-too time machine

Or even better, Anon comes from an alternate timeline where Back to the Future doesn't exist, but he comes up with a Delorean time machine anyway.
>>
>>29144581
Well, at least I'm not "terrible" at writing. I'll be sure to dump entire chapters at a time rather than gradual snippets. And don't worry, things pick up in the next chapter.
>>
>>29146285
looking forward to it
>>
>>29144134
You can probably use star swirl if you want because he was also messing about with time magic.
>>
Anyone got a good picture I can use for my fic?
>>
>>29148499
maybe something form stargate?
>>
>>29149542
probably, but that just seems too obvious
>>
>>29149687
Well it's an option if you can't find anything better
>>
File: snapshot_00.38.jpg (174KB, 800x458px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot_00.38.jpg
174KB, 800x458px
>>29148499
I wonder if someone recognizes the source.
>>
File: snapshot_00.07.jpg (184KB, 800x458px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot_00.07.jpg
184KB, 800x458px
>>29151267
Or this one maybe.
>>
File: planetary_annihilation_portal.png (231KB, 760x427px) Image search: [Google]
planetary_annihilation_portal.png
231KB, 760x427px
>>29148499
>>
>>29148499
what about this portal?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA2Y6Sossyk
>>
I'm looking for something that fits the style of Stargate but isn't ripped from the show. Basically some unrelated scifi-wormhole-in-a-modern-room art that maybe coincidentally looks like Stargate.
>>
>>29152257
God damn, such cringe.
>>
>>29151267
This is like the 2nd time i can remember someone referencing a oldish pc game from russia in one of these threads
>>
File: g3826.png (221KB, 1429x1798px) Image search: [Google]
g3826.png
221KB, 1429x1798px
>>29151267
>>29151276
>>29153775
>Perimeter crossover never
>Vangers crossover never
>A.I.M. crossover never
At least we have Writefag_is_Kill and his masterpiece.
>>
File: 20_perimeter_emperor_testament.jpg (124KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20_perimeter_emperor_testament.jpg
124KB, 1024x768px
>Page 9
NYET
>>
>>29154979
>>
>>29155865
>>
File: IMG_0187.jpg (60KB, 489x742px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0187.jpg
60KB, 489x742px
Next chapter is brewing nicely, gonna include some happenings. What groups should I put this story in? I've already stuck it in the HiE group, but it could use a bit more exposure
>>
>>29156795
We I'll be seeing that in my nightmares. Also does that count as anthro for ban purposes ?
>>
>>29156927
Nah, it would come under cosplay I think. Since that is actually someone under a lot of makeup and a fake nose attached with facial clay (used in films to fake wounds, can also be used to attach fake parts somewhat realistically.).
>>
File: hole.gif (931KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
hole.gif
931KB, 500x400px
>>29148499
>>
>>29158021
that is so mesmerizing
>>
>>29158021
If it was any other color, I wouldn't want to put my dick in it
>>
>>29157565
I feel like there's a point where the cosplay reasoning wouldn't save it from being banned and that the point is somewhere around where that pic
>>
>>29159046
I would be more interested in the texture instead of the color
>>
Is there a story in where Anon is a botanist and he winds up running circles around Applejack with his knowledge about genetically modified crops?
>>
>>29161288
not that I'm aware
>>
>>29161288
This guy in Equestria?
>>
>>29161806
You better science the shit out of this!
>>
>>29161806
Could you imagine getting lost in a sandstorm on an alien planet only to wind up on a different alien planet?

I could see someone getting the nickname mapquest from something like this.
>>
>>29158021
THERE IT IS BOIS, doesn't really fit what I had in mind but it'll do.

Also, is 2500 words a good chapter size? I really don't know how long I should make these, but I do plan on getting this chapter out by Tuesday (one week)
>>
>>29163347
Yeah, that sounds like enough. A little on the short side, though, since most are normally 2-6k words, but that's fine.
>>
>>29164004
I'm just worried that my writing is a little "bare-bones", seeing as how I'm kinda moving the story a bit quickly. I mean, from beginning to now is only 7,900 words, and I feel most other writers would take at least 10k words to write about the same events.
>>
>>29164200
Maybe, but don't worry about it too badly
>>
>>29164005
>>
>>
>>29165757
>>
>>29164200
it should be fine
>>
>>29163347
Its not the word size, but where it starts, what happens, and where it finishes. If you end a chapter in the middle of an event, its a bad place to stop. Doesn't matter if it 2,000 words long or 20,000.

>>29164200
Somethings need more or less description than others. For what has happened so far, it feels like a setup to get to where we are so a small amount of detail was sufficient, but from here on out you may want to add more description.
>>
File: IMG_0690.jpg (25KB, 993x161px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0690.jpg
25KB, 993x161px
Thanks for all your support, people. I'm glad to share my writing with you autists, even if I don't get the most (You)s. Seems like the people on Fimfiction like it, too, seeing as how it's a 12-1 like-dislike ratio right now. That's real great, but I was hoping that I'd get more than ~120 reads by now. Any ideas on how to spread the word?
>>
>>29168222
But anyways, let's get right into Chapter 5: The First Danger. Three days early, just for you horsefuckers.

> "It's better to shoot first and miss out on answers than to ask questions first and die trying."
-Captain Phil Haswell

-Andrew-
>A week had passed since Andrew, Noah, and Leah arrived on a whole new world. The cozy little shelter that the three of them had cobbled together (actually, it was mostly Andrew who did the work) out of a surplus tent and some reclaimed wood was quite large. One half of the shelter was the tent, which served as the sleeping area, work area, and storage for the more fragile supplies, and the other half was tacked together with pallets that had planks nailed over them. This section, though covered with tarps, was rather leaky at times, so it was used for storing tougher, more water-resistant supplies. Rain catchers and solar stills, combined with a makeshift water filter, provided more than enough potable water for three people, and solar panels generated energy for charging storage batteries. Once Leah had caught, killed, and eaten a squirrel without getting sick, snares set up in the woods provided a good supply of food. If nothing crazy happened, they could theoretically live there for years.
>Still, there were constant improvements to be made. Andrew was working on making a wood-fueled stove, which would be useful for cooking and keeping the place warm. It was getting chilly at night, and it wasn't far-fetched to assume that winter would eventually arrive. Better to be early than late on this one, he thought.
>Somebody lifted the door (which was just a pallet that leaned on the doorway) and shifted it to the side just as Andrew had finished working on the grill. Leah walked inside, wood axe in hand, and slouched down on one of the crates that served as a makeshift seat.
>"So, how did being a lumberjack go?"
>>
>>29168244

>"Well," Leah replied, it actually went pretty well. The trees around here are about as thick as I am, and they're actually pretty straight. We could probably use the wood to build stuff rather than just burning it,"
>"That's good to hear. Any word from Noah?"
>"He said he'd call us through the walkie talkie any minute now, so we might as well wait. Does it really take that long to scout out our surroundings, though? I'm getting a bit nervous..."
>"Hey, don't worry too much. I'm sure he's fine. Plus, he's found a lot of useful stuff on his trips. The stream that he found is going to be pretty useful, and that cave he found would be good for storing stuff in. Maybe that's why he hasn't responded yet - didn't he say he was gonna poke around inside it?"
>"You're right. He's probably-"
>A loud, monstrous roar echoed throughout the forest as flocks of birds fled skywards in a flurry of wings. Andrew and Leah froze, listening as the echo died down until there was nothing but silence. Snapping out of his trance, Andrew grabbed a walkie talkie from a nearby crate and anxiously spoke into it.
>>
>>29168254

>"Noah? Noah! Did you hear that? Are you alright?"
>...
>...
>"..-ashiHEYANDREWohcrap-"
>"Oh my god Noah, are you okay?" Leah yelled into the walkie talkie.
>"Andrew, Leah- goddamnit- Get the guns out! Like NOW! There's a-"
>"A what?" Leah sprung from her chair and pulled the lid off a nearby box while Andrew listened for a response.
>"No time, get the big stuff out!"
>Andrew rushed towards the box just as Leah slid a loaded magazine into the M33 assault rifle she was holding. Noah grabbed the biggest gun in the box - the Barrett - and loaded it with one of its wide magazines. Leah tossed Andrew another assault rifle, and the two of them pulled the charging handle in unison as they rushed outside. They could see Noah sprinting towards their house, yelling something that the two of them couldn't quite make out.
>>
>>29168271

>Just as Noah reached the halfway point between the forest and the shelter, a huge, three-headed creature burst out of the treeline, hissing and roaring as it ran towards him. Its orange scales and green eyes shimmered as it made its way towards Noah. The monster was the size of a truck, and its sharp fangs and huge claws made it all the more threatening. It trotted across the clearing at jogging pace in pursuit of its next meal, shaking the ground every time its feet landed on the soil.
>A sharp crack bursted throughout the forest, then another. Leah and Andrew fired their rifles at the giant beast, tearing its flesh and peppering it with holes that leaked a caustic green liquid that dripped onto the ground with a hiss. The report of the guns and the stabbing pain drew the monster's attention away from Noah and towards the two humans shooting it. It roared in anguish as it charged the house, determined to stop the burning agony that the creatures had inflicted upon it. Although Leah had little experience with firearms, Andrew regularly hunted back on Earth and was able to accurately fire at where he assumed its vital organs were. The beast was clearly losing its strength, but it still stumbled towards the humans as Noah rushed into the shelter.
>"Goddamnit, we can't keep going on like this any longer!"
>Andrew held down the trigger of his rifle, releasing a rapid stream of copper towards the monster. It wasn't long, though, before his firearm produced a dry click as it ran out of ammunition. He cursed, then hit the magazine release as the beast closed in at thirty meters, then twenty, then fifteen...
>>
>>29168292

>The roar of the beast was nothing compared to the thunderous, earsplitting boom that Noah unleashed into the creature. A Browning fifty-caliber round was strong enough to pierce meters of concrete, and it easily tore a hole the width of a bowling ball into the creature as he unloaded the Barrett into the creature. He had assumed a prone position and had flipped down the bipod, allowing him to rapidly deliver accurate shots of deadly steel at the monster.
>When combined with the support of two M33 rifles, the Barrett was more than capable of producing a deafening noise that spread out for miles across the Everfree forest. The final straw for the hydra was the anti-material rifle's deadly shot that decimated its two hearts. It stumbled, then collapsed with an earthquaking thud. The trio stopped firing, allowing the sudden silence that had enveloped their surroundings to take hold. Andrew swapped his magazine for a fresh one, ran up to the beast, and put a gaping hole into each of the beast's heads to make sure that it stayed down. The acidic sizzling of the beast's green blood was lost to the trio, as the earsplitting reports of their weapons left them near deaf and with ringing in their ears.
>"Are you okay?" Andrew yelled.
>Leah was saying something, but he couldn't quite make out what.
>"WHAT?"
>She was still mouthing something out, but Andrew didn't hear her.
>"WHAT DID YOU SAY?"
>Silence in the Everfree doesn't last very long, and the sounds of Equestrian nature gradually returned as the victorious humans deafly shouted at each other for half an hour and the corpse of the beast spilled its caustic blood onto the grass.
>>
>>29168307
Finally, a horse gets involved. I've been a bit skimpish with the ponyPOV so far so here's the applehorse doing stuff

-Applejack-
>Applejack knew that the first day of harvest season was always noticeably chillier than the days preceding it. Years of working on the family farm had drilled an instinctive knowledge into her head that allowed her to keep pace with the seasons and reap the largest apple crop she could. That knowledge was what brought her to the far end of Sweet Apple Acres, stretching her apple bucking back hooves in preparation for the apple harvest. She had learned from experience that working from the far back of the field to the side closer to the barn made the late day easier and less tiring. Applejack lined up the wooden buckets beneath the foliage to catch the apples as they fell, which would be picked up by Big Macintosh to be carried to the barn. As she reared her legs for the first buck of the year, she noticed that this year's apples were extra large, a product of the Apple family's loving care of each tree on the farm.
>The Apple family was famous for two things: apples and work ethic. Applejack woke up every morning at the crack of dawn, ready to work until sundown. She never shied away from hard work, and she never slacked off. Even when she was doing something like spending time with her friends, she still kept a part of her mind focused on the work she would have to get back to later.
>>
>>29168334

>Suddenly, a faraway roar interrupted Applejack's cyclical rhythm, causing her to stop and look over at the source of the noise. The Everfree Forest was constantly letting out strange noises, so she paid little more attention to it as she picked up her work again. She had almost gotten back into her groove a few minutes later when what sounded like a whip crack popped through the forest again. Applejack paused again, this time much more interested in the noise. There was a short delay following the sound, then a rapid flurry of the cracks bursted through the air. Applejack flinched at this sudden burst of noise, then flinched again as the rate of cracks seemed to double. She wasn't quite prepared, however, for the massive booms that joined the faraway din. It sounded almost as if firecrackers and lightning were going off in the forest at the same time, and Applejack was sure the echo of the louder thunders reached at least part of Ponyville.
>After about two minutes, the cracks and booms abruptly stopped. Applejack paused a little longer, making sure that the noises had completely stopped.
*BOOM*
>...
*BOOM*
>...
*BOOM*
>...
>>
>>29168345

>A minute passed after the last peal of thunder had let itself out before Applejack turned from the forest. The roar was natural, but the pops and blasts were definitely out of place. Whatever they were, Applejack was a bit nervous. Something that could make that much noise was certainly noteworthy, and she wanted to make sure the gang knew about this as soon as possible. She trotted off towards Twilight's castle, eager to share the incident's details with her.
>"Hey Applejack! Where'ya headed? We still gotta harvest all these apples!"
>"No time, Big Mac! You heard those noises? I gotta tell Twi!"
>Applejack picked up speed as she trotted, then cantered, then galloped at full speed with her muscular legs. They weren't just for bucking apples, she thought to herself.
>>
>>29168382
Time for scary secret meetings again with the important people

-William-
>William couldn't believe that things were going so smoothly. He had expected another accident, another failure, even a slight hiccup as the Portgate was being repaired, but no major delays had been reported at all. In fact, for once in his life he was ahead of schedule. The people who worked on the project were the kind of people who weren't afraid of a little overtime, and the extra infusion of funds he had received meant a lot of it. In fact, the projected repair time had drastically dropped from about three and a half months to less than two, even with all of the extra precautions that were taken. By all accounts, William was doing pretty well at his job.
>Because of this, he was much more relaxed as he once again sat in his office, the flatscreen TV in front of his desk displaying the faces of the men and women who ran the world. His greying hair and slightly wrinkled skin made him look much older than his forty-three years, and he scratched his stubble as he put down his mug of coffee, ready to take on whatever the leaders were going to tell him.
>"Nice work," the American President said. "I can see that you spent our money well, and I'm glad we chose you for the job. There's not much to discuss today, but we wanted to give you some heads up about a couple of things. Firstly, I'm sure you're aware that we've come out to the media about the incident last bight. Needless to say, the people are rather shocked by this turn of events, but they seem somewhat apathetic about the news. This is actually a good thing, since there won't be a terribly big fuss from the public about it. Nevertheless, we'll be increasing security from here on out, just in case. We really don't want any more incidents, so expect a tripling in security soon."
>>
>>29168389

>"Do we really need that much?" William replied.
>"Absolutely. Not many people know about this location, but if word were to spread it would be a good idea to have extra personnel at hand to keep things safe."
>"Which brings us to our next point," the English Prime Minister interjected. "What exactly caused the malfunction? Surely you must have some answers by now."
>"How do I put this...Right before the portal abruptly opened, the power regulators detected a sudden spike in energy. We discovered that the energy readings were impossibly high, ten times the maximum amount of power that was even available for the Portgate to utilize. What this means is basically...the surge of energy wasn't from our side."
>William was glad that he had said that. The rulers immediately began to rapidly converse among themselves, buying him several minutes with which he composed himself for the next barrage of questions.
>"Tell us all you know," the Russian President eventually managed to ask after the talking had somewhat died down.
>>
>>29168401

>"That's not much," William responded. "It definitely originated from the alien world, but its cause is still a mystery. What we do know is that the readings aren't consistent with electricity or heat. This means that we don't know exactly what kind of energy it was, but it resembles X-ray radiation the most. The Geiger counters didn't register a thing, though, and the medical examinations revealed no signs of radiation poisoning. Whatever it is, we aren't exactly solid on it."
>"Keep looking into it. That is all."
>Before William could react, the leaders disappeared and were replaced by the word "DISCONNECTED" in bold red letters. He sighed, and turned to the newspaper that sat on his desk, unread. "Portgate Project Malfunctions; Three Stranded in Alien World," the headline read.
>William had always wanted more press attention, but not with those headlines.

That's it for 5, glad I finished ahead of schedule. Tell me what you guys think, mkay?

Also:
>>29168222
>>29168244
>>
>>29168411
Much better than the short updates you were doing, though a bit barebones on detail.
>>
>>29168411
I LIKE IT
>>
>>29168222
Add it to relevant groups and cross your fingers.
>>
File: IMG_0695.jpg (72KB, 824x656px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0695.jpg
72KB, 824x656px
>>29168222
Any suggestions for groups?
>>
>>29170434
Those two are the best bet, but there are a bunch of smaller groups about tech that you could find. Try a group about futuristic stuff? Can't name any off the top of my head though.
>>
>>29168345
>*BOOM*
>>...
>*BOOM*
>>...
>*BOOM*
I WANT YOU IN MY ROOM
>>
Had an idea for a prompt I though you folks might like:

>For eons Equestria has been a world out of balance
>It's inhabitants forcing it to continue on in spite of itself by force of will and hope.
>Chaos and Harmony had joined forces once in the distant past, and Order was cast down and all but destroyed.
>When the sun hung stagnant in the sky, they feared what they had done.
>But they realized their folly too late to undo their actions.

>Chaos and Harmony (among others) continue to vie for control, and in the present, Harmony holds the upper hand.
>But Order is not gone.
>Despite its greatly diminished power, it still exerts some small influence on the world
>It had been marshalling its strength and biding it's time
>Waiting for an opportunity

>The arrival of the Outsider presents an opportunity for all of them
>Order has found a most unlikely ally
>One with a mind of metal and wheels
>And unknowingly imbued with the power of Order, he begins to influence Equestria itself

>Slowly, Celstia feels the sun moving across her sky more easily than it did before, requiring barely an effort on her part
>Likewise, Luna soon almost effortlessly draws the moon across the night sky
>It is some time before they realize that it has become far more difficult to slow, halt, or reverse the course of the heavens.
>>
>>29170926
sounds tasty, what's the next step of your master plot?
>>
>>29170946
Wish I had one, like I said it's more of a prompt than a proper story, hopefully it inspires someone who can actually write green.

I just had a vague idea of Anon helping to "bring balance" to the Equestria, and fixing a few things that were sent out of whack by primordial entities fighting in the distant past.

Ponies were never meant to have to raise and lower the sun and moon, they just got used to it for so long that they think it's supposed to be that way.
The same with a lot of the other "artificial" changes that get made across Equestria.
Having some control over the weather is one thing.
Winter not happening and not ending without their deliberately making it do so? That's something else.

Maybe Discord being sort of excited because it's change, but also not really happy at all because Chaos *really* doesn't like Order.

Though maybe Anon talking about quantum mechanics and how everything at the very small scale is subject to chance would soothe the worries of chaos a bit.

Maybe Twiggles freaking out about how the very fabric of reality is being altered.
>>
>>29170988
>Element of order manipulates discord into pulling anon into equestria
>Anon builds machines of math and science which makes order stronger
>Pony intervention in nature no longer needed
>Blame anon
>Problems
Too bad I don't know enough tech stuff to do this because I like this concept; there's a lot of possibilities. You could even give anon some magical power that works counter to discords.
>>
File: image.jpg (384KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
384KB, 1600x1200px
>>29171045
Well it would be quite funny as the more complex his machines and the more laws he devises the less power harmony has. So ponies start trying to assult his fort, but Anon proves gold heavy and soft, so suddenly celestia's guard is bogged down. I really like this three powers thing, ver y spiritual and reminds me of "The End of the Universe"
>>
>>29170988
>>29170926
I want this so badly
>>
>>29168244
I like the little call back to the eating squirrels comment earlier
>>
File: DESPAIR.gif (997KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
DESPAIR.gif
997KB, 500x250px
Year of Despair bump
>>
File: 1476294761584.png (258KB, 555x519px) Image search: [Google]
1476294761584.png
258KB, 555x519px
>>29172989
Year of greatness.
>>
goddamn keep this shit bumped
>>
>>
And I'm finally back again!

>>29036585
>You wish you had some down time after giving the factory designs your all, but there’s more to do.
>The government district is finally finished, and it’s time to move in.
>The old Capitol Building is going to be used as storage once the move is completed, which should take a few weeks.
>Your house is going to stay relatively unchanged, serving as a part workshop, part retreat.
>Mostly, you’re keeping it just because.
>You’ll find something to do with it later.
>Right now, you’re more focused on making sure the new government buildings are on par with your expectations.
>The drive from your house to the government district is largely uneventful.
>You pass over freshly-paved Ashland Boulevard, watching the empty lots teeming with activity to the west, before turning into the northeast section of the Capitol superblock.
>And once you’ve driven past the rows of brand-new townhomes, the four stately buildings that house Arcadia’s government come into view.
>And damn, they’re beautiful.
>The sun reflects off the polished marble facades, making each building look like the gates to heaven.
>Since you’re coming from the northeast, you drive beside the lush, aptly-named Northeast Park, catching glances of the benches and cobblestone paths hidden around bushes and under trees.
>But, soon, your eyes catch the new Capitol Building, straight ahead.
>The immediate, jaw-dropping awe of seeing such a structure jutting out of the soil almost perfectly, dome glistening in the sunlight, leaves you speechless.
>North Point, who’s sitting next to you, seems to think so too.
>And soon, you turn the corner, which brings the central plaza into view.
>As you pass the Capitol Building, your eyes are drawn to the fountain sitting in the center of the park, with the Supreme Court Building just behind it.
>>
>>29175448
>Wow.
>You don’t think you’ve seen anything so beautiful.
>But your view is short-lived as you turn again, putting you in front of the Capitol Building, with the Cabinet Building and Southeast Park ahead of you.
>Southeast Park is open, but still lush, with bushes and trees dotting the grassy space.
>But the Cabinet Building.
>It looks marvelous from every angle.
>You make your way closer to it as you round three corners in quick succession, placing the Cabinet Building to your right and both Southwest Park and the Supreme Court Building ahead of you.
>You look out the window to take in the grandeur of the Cabinet Building, catching a few glimpses of the ornate lobby.
>Then it’s three more turns on your way to the Supreme Court Building, past Southwest Park.
>Southwest Park doesn’t have the greenery of the other parks, just grass and cobblestone, but it works well.
>The Supreme Court Building is smaller than either the Capitol Building or the Cabinet Building, but it doesn’t sacrifice much in the way of grandeur.
>The greenery surrounding the building ties it in with the nearby parks and makes it look very different than the similarly-designed Cabinet Building.
>You pass the Supreme Court Building, and your eye is quickly drawn to the final building in the complex.
>The Executive Residence, as you’re calling it, is small but marvelous.
>The facade is captivating, with several intricacies and small details that the other buildings lack.
>The north end of the lot has been raised to accommodate the walkout basement, and you catch a few glimpses of the painted brick retainer wall that holds the earth back from the narrow driveway leading from the back end of the building to the garages on the north side.
>>
>>29175458
>Every inch of the building seems to draw you in and coerce you into giving the engine a little more gas.
>There are several groups of trees and bushes on the south lawn, but they don’t get in the way of your view.
>Northwest Park beside it is relatively sparse by comparison, but there are a few shade trees dotting the grass.
>You round the last few corners and speed over to the north end of the building, driving up the sloped driveway and pulling under the north portico.
>The construction foreman is already there, a sepia-colored griffon named Garrison, waiting with a set of plans in his talons.
>You stop the car and hop out, with North Point right behind you.
>”Good morning, Mr. President. I’m glad you could make it.”
“Good morning, Garrison. Is everything in order?”
>”Everything’s perfect. Final inspections were finished yesterday, and furniture should begin to arrive tomorrow.”
“Great. Shall we begin?”
>”After you.”
>You walk up the marble steps and turn the heavy brass doorknob, opening the large, dark wooden doors and revealing the space beyond.

And that's it. Sorry about the cliffhanger, but this update took a while to write and I figured that it'd be better to just post what I have instead of spending the next month getting to a good conclusion.

I think I say this in some form each time I update, but I'm really sorry about being so dead lately. The past few months were hell and it left me a burned-out shell of my former self. Consider this a New Year's gift, even though it's almost painfully short.

>>29130660
>You are by far the heart and soul of this thread, followed by Scotty in 2nd place.
Th-Thanks anon.
>>
>>29175474
Also, I updated the pastebin, as usual. Link: http://pastebin.com/eufFYFaw
>>
File: IMG_0200.jpg (51KB, 441x411px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0200.jpg
51KB, 441x411px
>>29175481
noice
don't worry, we have Portgate-Anon to keep us company while you work on your greentext
>>
>>29175513
Yeah, the general isn't as close to dying as it's been a couple times before. Portgate-Anon is a really good writefag, too.
>>
>>29175481
Fuck you Scotty

as is tradition.
>>
>>29175539
I remember those dark times
>>
>>29170434
>>
>>29175474
So any idea if you're still in that hell from those past few past months or are you in the clear?
>>
>>29175474
Glad to see you Scotty, hope things get better for you
>>
>>29179965
Last second rescue
>>
>>29177594
>>29178815
Thanks anons. Things look like they're getting better right now but we'll see.
>>
>>29181254
That's great to hear
>>
>>29179688
>Suggestive
Literally what?
>>
>>29182377
The stickers on sweetie's desk
>>
>>29182449
You mean the stickers that indicate Sweetie's OTP? Cause that's a retarded reason.

>"Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon love Scootaloo"
>>
>>29182467
I think it means "DT and SP love cock"
>>
File: 1481083119860.png (9KB, 200x190px) Image search: [Google]
1481083119860.png
9KB, 200x190px
>>29182558
Clearly not.
>>
File: c62.png (380KB, 650x456px) Image search: [Google]
c62.png
380KB, 650x456px
>>29182574
>>
File: 1480738002893.png (113KB, 839x646px) Image search: [Google]
1480738002893.png
113KB, 839x646px
>>29182840
You got me :^)
>>
File: IMG_0714.jpg (29KB, 301x449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0714.jpg
29KB, 301x449px
Small update

Ch.5 is going up tomorrow, Ch.6 is coming along nicely at 1800 words. Added the story to these groups, hopefully they're good choices.

>mfw every interesting fic has been dead for a year
>>
>>29183268
>>mfw every interesting fic has been dead for a year
Welcome to fimfiction.
>>
File: IMG_0717.png (155KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0717.png
155KB, 480x270px
>>29183315
That's my fucking fear right now: that someday I'll just vanish and abandon people. Of course, I plan on continuing this fic for a LONG time, and if I did ever have to completely stop I'd give you all fair warning, but I see those fics that have been dead for years now and wonder if I'll end up like them. But I'm not one to give up on what I've started, and I'll do my darn best to stay alive.
>>
>>29123569
>>29124913
>>29128396
I've been busy with another story in another thread. If you want me to keep updating the story I'll do it.
>>
>>29183973
PLS.
>>
>>29183973
Am I dreaming?
>>
>>29183973
Oh fuck yes.
>>
booomp
>>
File: yes yes yes.gif (968KB, 380x262px) Image search: [Google]
yes yes yes.gif
968KB, 380x262px
>>29183973
>>
>>29183961
Here's to a story that will hopefully not be abandoned
>>
File: activate it.png (85KB, 379x298px) Image search: [Google]
activate it.png
85KB, 379x298px
>>29183973
>>
File: Nova Rohan.png (23KB, 1125x675px) Image search: [Google]
Nova Rohan.png
23KB, 1125x675px
>>29185693
>>29185063
>>29184062
>>29184129
>>29184244
Huh, I didn't know people wanted this, let alone remember my name. Question Would you actually want me to start from where I left it? It feels like it has been too long to continue...any request or critique? Especially with Twilight, Anon, Moondancer and any other characters?
>>
>>29186246
I want you to continue where you left it. The constant rewrites post time skip annoyed me
>>
>>29186246
i think it was fine and good as it was/is. But it got realy fucking wierd towards the end, tough i cant realy put my finger on what ( been a while since i read the story)
>>
File: IMG_0723.jpg (29KB, 1023x166px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0723.jpg
29KB, 1023x166px
QUICK UPDATE
Damn, that 17-1 like ratio. I honestly expected more shit. Seriously, I'm not sure what I'm doing right but apparently I'm doing something right. Any ways to get readers other than joining a bunch of groups?

Also, could someone tell me what the eye and the up arrow mean? I don't use Fimfiction too much, so I never figured it out.
>>
>>29186665
I think that means someone is following your story to get update alerts
>>
File: large.jpg (238KB, 817x862px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
238KB, 817x862px
>>
>>29186665
The eye means that someone was reading it at that very moment you took the screenshot. The number next to the eye is how many.

The up arrow simply takes you to the top of the page.
>>
>>29187244
hail the dark overlords of science
>>
File: This pony sure loves muffins.png (1MB, 1600x693px) Image search: [Google]
This pony sure loves muffins.png
1MB, 1600x693px
bump
>>
>mfw portgate is at 19-1 likes
Seriously what am I doing right? I would have expected dislike #2 by now
>>
>>29189845
Fimfiction is probably 85% pieces of human garbage that cannot into engrish but still write anyways, 10% autists who have never tried to write anything in their life but will still give you "critiques", and 5% good or kinda good writers. I'm guessing one of the autists was triggered by something in the description (probably the HiE) and disliked it without reading it. Happens a lot, really.
>>
>>
>>29161288
Monsanto pls go.
>>
>>29161288
That reminds me of how "Bats!" annoyed me for using apple seeds for farming and not cuttings
>>
>"WHERE IS MY PORN DVD!?"
>>
>>29194247
Anon creates the porn industry in equestria when?
>>
>>29194662
>Anon starts up porn business
>goes bankrupt and living on the streets after a week cause everypony is already nude all the time and the retarded "clothes are lewd" thing doesn't exist and sex is reserved for happily married couples only because Equestria is a nice and pure place
>>
>>29194693
Let me get straight. Anon smart enough to start porn business. And he forget a Little details.
>>
>>29194737
>Anon smart enough to start porn business
>needing to be smart to start a porn business
You only need to be smarter than the whores you're employing, and that's not exactly hard to do.
>>
>>29194693
yeah but where's the lewd fun it that
>>
File: atom.jpg (329KB, 802x1200px) Image search: [Google]
atom.jpg
329KB, 802x1200px
what if we mix magic and radiation?
>>
>>29196820
>implying magic isn't a form of radiation and just being near a pony, or any living thing from Equestria, is harmful to human life
>>
File: unnngnh.png (119KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
unnngnh.png
119KB, 500x500px
>>29196835
>>implying magic isn't a form of radiation and just being near a pony, or any living thing from Equestria, is harmful to human life
>Implying it isn't the other way around since harmony magic prevents atomic decay in all equestrian beings execpt anonymous since he's an alien
>Implying anon isn't a walking chernobyl in equestria
>>
File: 1471655532529.gif (1021KB, 393x220px) Image search: [Google]
1471655532529.gif
1021KB, 393x220px
>>29196861
>magic and subsequently most life on equestria is only possible via very delicate quantum fuckery that can only exist in environments of extremely low ambient radiation
>the very carbon-14 in anon's body is a death sentence to everything in a half mile radius
>>
Nothing yet. Just wanted to reply to some stuff before the thread died.

>>29117692
You're too kind. Seriously. I don't know how to deal with this. Everyone here has been way kinder than I'd expected, and here you are topping it. All I can say is Kek bless.

>>29119061
So you're still writefaging, just not for this thread? I'll have to check out your other projects then. Best of luck on them.
Got a link?

>>29130660
We all have our demons, anon. Some of us just hide theirs better. There's a very good chance I'll never be more than a wagecuck writefagging in my spare time. It sounds like you've been dealt a really rough hand and I do not envy you, but even the greener grass over on this side is not without weeds.
Thank you for your kind words, and I wish you the best in your endeavors.

>>29130736
That channel though.

>>29154199
Oh damn, I'd forgotten all about Perimeter. It looked really neat but I never actually played it. I might have to pick it up on Steam.
Also,
>Masterpiece
>>
>>29197157
>Anon hasn't done anything wrong except exist
>Its a tough call, but a necessary one.
>The order is given, Anon has to die.
>He starts working on building Earth tech to defend himself.
>Doesn't get the chance as the entire area he lives in is magically nuked over and over again repeatedly.
>The Princesses want to ensure that not only does he die, but every atom of his being is eradicated.
>But they don't stop there.
>They sink the land below sea level, and flood it.
>Ten miles below the surface.
>Every written mention of Anon is destroyed.
>Any who know of him, aside from the Princesses, have their memories of him altered.
>None must know of his existence, lest an enemy of the world search out whatever remains of him, should there be any, and use it against them.
>>
>>29197250
well really, all they'd have to do is cremate him and release the ashes in lunar orbit
so even if someone does go to the moon to find the ones that eventually fell and hit the surface, the radioactive isotopes'd hardly be any more concentrated than they would be naturally
>>
New Thread: >>29198630
>>
>>29196820
we get global Chernobyl
Thread posts: 480
Thread images: 99

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.