[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this fandom dead yet? I dropped the show after S5 because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1401079325309.gif (50KB, 606x574px) Image search: [Google]
1401079325309.gif
50KB, 606x574px
Is this fandom dead yet?

I dropped the show after S5 because it was fucking dogshit and I was just wondering what the fuck was up with this board and the fandom in general.
>>
>>29032545
Glimmer literally ruined everything
>>
>>29032545
The fandom is fine, but the show got worse.
>>
>>29032551
The feeling of loosing a sense of community among /mlp/ is mostly attributed to the hysteria around all the seemingly negative aspects of the show. Also the fanbase as a whole has seen a slight incline due to bandwagoners. Glimmer is included into the mix but people in 2013 complained about the Equestria Girls films, but were all still here making content.

OP the show is doing alright. Some anon brought up in another thread that if they went from S6 to S1 people would state how "bland" and "simple" the show had gotten
>>
>>29032565
Nah pham, MLP is definitely going down into irrelevancy. We were at our prime during 2012-2014. It's been going downhill since then.
>>
>>29032545
It's getting there.
>>
>>29032565
>Some anon brought up in another thread that if they went from S6 to S1 people would state how "bland" and "simple" the show had gotten
This is true because it would have attracted a different audience with different expectations. If they started with what they have now I wouldn't have even bothered sticking around.
>>
>>29032569
What makes me concerned is how fanbases seem to come and go as older ones like super herofans/scifi fans of specific shows never seem to loose their relevancy even after many years. We may have our spike once the show ages but the unfortunate fact that many people see this fandom as distasteful that may never happen.

>>29032587
But with that the fandom would have also built up a different way also. You may have not of been interested in 2011 but by now there of potentially been a stronger following as the show got presumably better as they move away from complex storylines towards something more linear with messages involving friendship becoming more comprehensible.
>>
>>29032587
Absolutely. I like "bland" and "simple", dammit. Why doesn't that make sense to anyone, that people can actually like some things while disliking others, while not following any census? This isn't that complicated of a thought.
>>
>>29032723
Season 1, 2 and about of 3 were the best IMO. Each episode had a simple but effective plot with a objective and a message that had some kind of lesson to teach the characters and you the viewer. Those 2-3 seasons are what dragged people in because of stuff they could relate to on a personal scale. Now after season 3 it's all just adventure to fix this or that, find a new power up and defeat this foe cliche.
>>
>>29032545
We get this thread every day or two, fuck off.
>>
File: Your Tears.gif (298KB, 308x373px) Image search: [Google]
Your Tears.gif
298KB, 308x373px
>>29032545
>its another "im totally over this show and this place" episode
mmm, delicious.

hows that working for you, friend?
>>
>>29033035
Calm the fuck down, autist. I literally said I just happened to come to this board to check how shit was doing.
>>
>>29032565
Ever since EQG aired and they decided to take the show in this different direction, I haven't been as enthralled and also stopped watching the show. I wonder why?
>>
>>29032551
>bait
>>29032602
Well, both of those are genres and hero is also villains, so for pone to live long like those, it would need to have far more than just the Mane6.
>>
>>29032545
yes
>>
File: 1462834154651.jpg (92KB, 317x699px) Image search: [Google]
1462834154651.jpg
92KB, 317x699px
>>29034448
why does it matter to you? youre over it, remember? the show sucks now, this place has always sucked, theres no reason to be here. youve moved on.

right? ^:)
>>
>>29035264
>they decided to take the show in this different direction
because the show was supposed to have ended with S3
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.