[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mlp/craft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 4642262626.png (2MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
4642262626.png
2MB, 1920x1017px
Making a 1.11 modded server might take a while, since a lot of stuff has to be updated.
So until then the server will be 1.11 with a few plugins, such as mcmmo and factions.

I have worked on getting everything running the last week, and it should be fine now, but if you experience any bugs or have any suggestions for plugins I might have missed feel free to post it in the thread.

The IP to the server is: 212.83.166.132:25565

To join you must be using the 1.11 client.

I hope you all enjoy.
>>
The madman actually did it.
>>
>>29026611
You really should've built up more hype first, or at least made it clearer this is a test server.

If not enough people join at the start, new people join and just go "Oh, no one is on this server, might as well leave!".

Also what plugins have you added?
>>
Btw, I would like to know if you guys want to have KeepInventory on or not.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11834577
>>
>>29026796
NoBoom
Nicky
mcMMO
Homespawn
GreenText
Factions

I'm only expecting the server to last a couple of weeks anyways.
As long as somebody enjoy it for a little while that's good enough for me.
>>
>>29026806
I know nothing about plugins, but would it be possible to implement a Runescape-esque system, whereupon death you keep you 3 most valuable possessions, but if you attack another player you get a "skull" for an hour or two (which only goes down when logged in), and if you die with a "skull", you lose everything?

>>29026815
>I'm only expecting the server to last a couple of weeks anyways.
As long as somebody enjoy it for a little while that's good enough for me.
Yeah but even with good shilling, V1 and V2 lasted about 2 weeks each.

It's really crucial to have a decent amount people at the start.

>NoBoom
So you have factions, where the whole point is to raid/invade, yet you've disabled the only possible way to actually break into people's bases?
Bad idea.
>Nicky
Great! Nicknames are neat.
>mcMMO
Never liked it. The RPG element is cool, but doesn't it make combat 1 sided?
>Greentext
Every chan server should have this.
>Factions
God I have a love/hate relationship with this fucking plugin. Much simpler to use then towny, but the meta is so fucking awful.
Autism cubes aren't even that hard to get into, but they take a shit-ton of resources, so if there's not a simple and quick way to get TNT, getting into bases becomes impossible.
>>
>>29026841
Pretty much how I imagined it would be is that once you have killed members of a faction enough so that they have less power than land you will over claim them.
That way people who want to raid and pvp can run around killing each other and having good times while the people who don't like pvp won't be forced to defend their buildings from other players.
Also I just don't like servers where every build is an ugly water and obsidian mess, hopefully this will encourage variety in building and a server which doesn't look like shit.

I will also start looking into if such a plugin exists, would be great. If not I might just add one where if people attack other players they will be tagged as combat active for a while, and will drop items when they are killed.
>>
>>29026866
>Pretty much how I imagined it would be is that once you have killed members of a faction enough so that they have less power than land you will over claim them.

Except that never happens. The moment someone gets to the point where they might start decreasing their factions power, they log off. Or just leave the faction.

In the past, grace time is what "prevented" them from logging off. If they were getting sieged, and they logged off, they knew that for an hour or two, their base would be completely defenseless from enemy TNT wizardry. This meant they had to stay on, and so usually the result was turtling inside autism and waiting the attackers out.

Make TNT easier to acquire and bang! Waiting inside isn't as effective because the excess TNT gives attackers a better chance of blowing through.

Alternatively, I'm interested to see what'd happen if you allowed explosions in water. Then autism cubes are useless, so people would be more willing to make "traditional" defenses. And again, it forces people to actually PVP.

A server with explosions in water, and a grace time of an hour (meaning that after an hour of no one on a faction being online, their claims become truly invincible) might be an experiment worth trying.

On a side note, if you don't enable claims away from you main claim you can fuck right off. That's the most annoying shit ever.
>>
Thread is pretty dead, and I'll assume the server is the same.

Damn.
>>
>>29027545
What'd you expect? There was no shilling done, no buildup to a launch date, and /mlp/ as a whole is slower than it used to be.

I must say though, the shulker box is interesting.

It's a special chest where if you break it, the contents stay inside of it. And while you can't stack them inside each other, you can put them in other containers, meaning you could have your entire vault in a single wooden/ender chest, with a bunch of shulker chests in them.
>>
>>29027545
>>29027637
Also the addition that it's finals for the next two weeks doesn't help either.
>>
File: 2016-12-09_12.42.32.png (420KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-09_12.42.32.png
420KB, 1680x1050px
Ready for action.
>>
File: 2016-12-09_22.21.27.png (621KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-09_22.21.27.png
621KB, 1920x1017px
JumpHax is ready for war.
>>
Page 8 ain't great
>>
You should add some type of plugin for better mob AI, as well as something to add more sea creatures.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.