[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Describe how different the show is now from season 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: MLP_season1.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MLP_season1.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
Describe how different the show is now from season 1
>>
File: 1479653033742.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479653033742.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
The characters and world are more complex.
>>
>>29023247
bitch dont tell me what to do.
>>
Twilight is an alicorn when there used to only be 2.
>>
>>29023247
The majority is no longer comfy slice of life episodes.
>>
>>29023247
Characters act like parodies of themselves more often.
>>
>>29023265
No, back in season 1 there was no such thing as an alicorn. Luna and Celestia were said to be unicorns.
>>
>>29023276
this
>>
>>29023247
Twilight is a bitch
Rainbow Dash is bullied by everyone
Fluttershy is interesting now
Pinkie is comic relief instead of being a complex character
Rarity is best pony
Applejack...I don't know
>>
File: 65CE0009E.png (180KB, 658x618px) Image search: [Google]
65CE0009E.png
180KB, 658x618px
>>29023324
>Fluttershy is interesting now
>>
>>29023247
Things were less modern, the show was more quiet with less outside influences. More focus on the ponies hanging out together and learning lessons, not "Adventure!"
>>
>>29023324

>Applejack

who?
>>
>>29023363
Slice of life faggots like you need to remember that season 1 had plenty of fantasy with huge monsters and the reason why the show was better then because they were well integrated into the episodes. Dragonshy and Feeling Pinkie Keen come to mind. The show having adventure elements isn't different, it was always there. The show is overall less subtle than it used to be and the way it intertwines fantasy and slice of life in season 6 (poorly) is just one of the ways this is apparent. There is actually no more 'adventure' stuff outside of 2-part episodes than in previous seasons; just when it happens in season 6 it's rarely integrated into the story well; making it more obvious that it's there.
>>
File: 1465427605766.jpg (192KB, 568x771px) Image search: [Google]
1465427605766.jpg
192KB, 568x771px
>>29023522
Who shit in your coffee? Just because it has monsters doesn't make it not SoL. For example, those very episodes you describe are still considered SoL because of the fact that they focus on CHARACTERS and their relationships, not the fact that there was a giant monster. Episodes in the past had big things, but they were as you say, more subtle and intergrated. As anyone what Feeling Pinkie Keen is classified as and everyone would say SoL.

So congratulations on doing nothing but making yourself get pissy over sharing the same opinion as someone.
>>
Here are the main things I notice

Less focus on the environment feeling mythical
More music, maybe this is just my mind playing tricks on me but I feel like when I watch old episode there are a lot more "quiet" moments, aka moments where it's nothing but the character dialogue with no background music
Less horse noises and horse movements
>>
>>29023522
>Slice of life faggots like you need to remember that season 1 had plenty of fantasy with huge monsters and the reason why the show was better then because they were well integrated into the episodes. Dragonshy and Feeling Pinkie Keen come to mind. The show having adventure elements isn't different, it was always there.

Not really, it was always primarily slice of life with adventure and action peppered in. You're simply wrong if you think otherwise.

In fact, S1 didn't even have an "action" finale, it was pure SOL, these days every single finale has to be an epic stand off and that's something that came after S1
>>
File: ..gif (1MB, 389x219px) Image search: [Google]
..gif
1MB, 389x219px
>>29023324
>Applejack
That change is my least favorite part. She used to have good intentions and care about her family, and most of her episodes were about that, and they were nice. Now she doesn't hesitate or apologize when being terrible in the name of "tradition", and she's one of the most self-absorbed characters in the show, who's always thinking "everyone except for me is an idiot" despite being the dumbest of them all. Bring nice AJ back, dammit. NOW
>>
>>29023534
>It's slice of life because it focuses on the characters
What episodes, except the 2-part ones, don't focus on the characters? Name an episode where the 'adventure' takes priority over the characters? My whole point, that you missed, is season 1 had slice of life episodes with adventure elements just like season 5 and 6 did but in none of those cases did the characters take a backseat.
>>
>>29023595
>Name an episode where the 'adventure' takes priority over the characters?
Most of the big season premiers and finales at this point, especially considering the Mane 5 get absolutely shoved off to the side 9 times outta 10 now.

>My whole point, that you missed, is season 1 had slice of life episodes with adventure elements just like season 5 and 6 did but in none of those cases did the characters take a backseat.
You seem like you're really trying to be angry over nothing. Nobody is denying there were elements of fantasy or adventure in S1, the point is that it was less obtrusive. You admit that yourself.
>>
>>29023555
>"Ah'm an Alabama zigger and I wanna be free!"
>>
>>29023247
Early episodes had a more relaxed and even pace. Nowadays they're more easily broken up into sections and there's less room for "stuff" to happen that doesn't pertain to the premise.

Also the overall tone has shifted from "cute and girly" to "cartoon that happens to be for girls." This bothered me about Season 4 specifically, though I liked all of them up through 5.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.