[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I first became a brony when I was 14 during early season 1. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: understanding.jpg (105KB, 792x550px) Image search: [Google]
understanding.jpg
105KB, 792x550px
I first became a brony when I was 14 during early season 1. I really enjoyed the show. Eventually I quit watching since I thought the quality dipped.

Now I'm almost 21.

I really miss those days: back when the whole internet was full of ponies and creative people making art about them.

Any other sad bronies around?
>>
File: flutters.png (1023KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
flutters.png
1023KB, 1920x1080px
>>28997933
I think /r/mylittlepony would be more to your liking.
>>
>>28997933
>14
>season 1
>21
>season 6
That's not how age works.
>>28997961
Ponychan, more like. They're miserable self-loathing and show-hating assholes.
>>
>>28997970
14 in January 2011, 15 in April 2011
20 in April 2016

>almost 21
math

also ponychan was horrendous even half a decade ago. I am kind of shocked it still exists.

>>28997961
I've never been on reddit. Since you seem to know quite a bit about it, how is it over there?
>>
>>28997970
>almost 21
Reading isn't your strong suit, eh champ?
>>
>>28997970
I think he means he was 14 in 2010, and he'll be 21 this coming year.

I was 26 when I got on in 2010.
It's a good thing G4 wasn't around when I was in HS, I was autistic and outcast enough.
>>
>>28997933
theres /mlphate/ if you want to find other people to circlejerk about how shitty the show is now.
theres /ponychan/ if you want to find other people to in about how shitty the show is now.
theres /reddit/ if you want to find other people to circlejerk and meme with while ignoring the show.
theres /wheelchan/ if you want to talk to yourself.

would be nice if people would run off to their proper places rather than using 4chan as their catch-all petri dish of stupidity.
>>
>>28998019
I never said I hated the show friendo
>>
File: 054.png (91KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
054.png
91KB, 1000x800px
>>28998035
Whatever, go have your pity party somewhere else, fuck.
>>
File: 1332694782663.png (1MB, 1000x1771px) Image search: [Google]
1332694782663.png
1MB, 1000x1771px
I remember when /mlp/ categorically rejected the word "brony." Years ago the only time one saw it was bait and people pejoratively referring to bronies on websites like ponychan.
>>
>>28998044
not even on /g/ have I seen this level of butthurt over nothing
>>
>>28998061
lel this post would make a good banner
>>
>>28998326
ikr xddd
>>
>>28998056
the word was coined on /co/ and later became the official umbrella term. only the truly autistic get butthurt about the title.
>>
>>28998665
It was originally ironic, intentionally cringey and ironically self-applied. Then when it spread outside of 4chan people began using it unironically.

It is just about the most cringy thing fans could have possibly called themselves.
>>
>>28998710
if you think about it friend, tons of words people use they began by using it "ironically." pwnd, faggot, cuck, fampai, the list goes on.
theres no such thing as doing something ironically because if youre doing it at all, youre still doing it.

/)
>>
>>28998019
Where can I find /mlphate/?
>>
>>28998752
But those aren't intrinsically cringy remotely of the league "brony" is.

And even if we go with your analogy, as soon as "pwned" began to be used unironically outside of 4chan it became unacceptable cringe here.
>>
>>28998774
>But those aren't intrinsically cringy remotely of the league "brony" is
opinion. i still hate anyone who uses cuck outside its real definition.

>as soon as "pwned" began to be used unironically outside of 4chan it became unacceptable cringe here
sounds to me like you base whats cringy on how mainstream it becomes. youre deluding yourself if you think 4chan is some isolated site. everyone goes everywhere now. you see meme arrows being used on youtube all the time, you see 4chan caps on facebook, the list goes on. the internet is all tied together, and while places used to attract a certain individual of like minded interests it seems even those walls are coming down. ironically enough the only deciding factor seems to come down to the mods of any website. theres not many places you can call other people, and even the mods, nigger cuck faggot ass shitgobbling whatever words you can think of and they allow it. i guess the point comes down to how free each place allows you to be.
>>
>>28997933
>whole internet was full of ponies and creative people making art about them
It still is. Underage "nostalgia" fags are the fucking worst.
>>
>>28998853
This. Every day hundreds of new derpibooru images are uploaded and dozens of new fimfiction stories/chapters are written.
>>
>>28998821
I suppose it is in the end opinion but I will never call myself something as cringy as brony.

But the other issue, perhaps foremost, is that the brony fandom itself is by large so cringey. /mlp/ is the only place I know of that is at least self-aware, and that distinction—the distinction between people like ponychan bronies and us—is a primary reason we used to reject the moniker.

I don't know if they're still like this but they used to refer to each other as everypony and call trolls parasprites, and that was just the tip of the iceberg. That sort of behaviour was common in the rest of the fandom.
>>
File: 1420374292419.png (31KB, 1119x646px) Image search: [Google]
1420374292419.png
31KB, 1119x646px
>>28998928
>>28998941
its okay my brony, you have other people who will do that for you.

self awareness is all well and good, but putting yourself on a pedestal and despising people for having fun is cringy in itself. i mean can you imagine standing on a hilltop somewhere and looking down at people laughing and playing and youre just up there like "look at them, do they have any idea how stupid they look?" meanwhile, youre standing alone on a hill with a grumpy look staring down at everyone and have no idea how stupid that looks.
>>
>>28997933
/r/mylittlepony is honestly a good place to go if you want a steady stream of cute pony pictures.

If you feel like getting involved, though, you'll find some good people around here and find the places they actually talk to one another, instead of sitting around complaining about "the show sucks."

If you want to do that, surf around through the IRC and Discord chats they link in the generals. You might meet some nice people and get at least a taste of that good ol' 2012 feeling.

Good luck man /)
>>
>>28998968
I like you, anon. You coherently challenge my position.

Nevertheless, bronies are why I have never so much as mentioned pony outside the internet. People can call Anonymous a brony, but they cannot call me one.
>>
I remember I was going through a depression when I started watching the show, at the end of 2012. I didn´t get into the fandom until 2013, though, when I caught myself reading brony comics on DA. It took me even longer to get to sites to Equestria Daily or listening to brony music. Hell, coming here was my most recent addition to my status as a brony.
Still, it was pretty tough back then for me.
I only felt happy watching the show; the rest of the time I was depressed about life and how much I wished I could live in Equestria. Pretty autistic, but we´ve all been there.
I eventually moved on past my depression and now I´m relatively better. Not depressed anymore, but I´ve devolved into complete apathy about my future and I´m pretty okay with commuting suicide as soon as I can´t keep my current lifestyle.
Still, I miss those first months or discovery, of growing a smile with ever sight of a pony or a reference to anything pony related. Hell, I even kinda miss my autistic surges to share ponies with people around me.
I remember catching up with Season 4, that being the first season I watched alongside bronies for the first time. It was a good time.
Season 5 and 6, though, felt more mundane, more of a common thing. Still exciting, but not as much as before. Maybe I just grew up and got numb to the feeling, I don´t know. Yet, here I am still, keeping up with DeviantArt ponies, news, animations and sometimes even music.
I like having you guys; you make me happy.
>>
>>28998968
(And really, when it comes to IRL interaction, it's not the being called a brony I care about. It's the association with them.)
>>
>>28999058
ah, guilt by association, now that makes the most sense. no one likes to be associated with some other group based on a title. like you mean when someone finds out and theyre like "oh, youre a brony then" and immediately start discussing all the news reports about the term and random shit they saw online. thats something i can understand. its not like you can explain the differences without sounding really defensive or spilling spaghetti everywhere, and they likely wouldnt understand anyway.
>>
>>28999231
Yes, you understand. Your point about the arguable frivolity of extending that disaggregation to an anonymous community like /mlp/ holds weight, but I still miss /mlp/ shared the sentiment as a subculture.
>>
>>28999190
I am going through that exact same phase. Seeing as me and you are suffering the same plight, would you care to talk about some pony stuff outside of the board? I've been waiting to find someone to talk to about these things. I have a Discord to communicate with, or Skype if you prefer.

My Discord: Reinhardt's Donger#7248
>>
>>28999287
only suggestion i can make for you is not to live that way. everyone knows i like ponies, and not because i made some big "coming out" event out of it. i simply lived like i always did, and this was just another interest under my belt. if anyone inquired, i wouldnt make it a big deal, just simple "ya, i like it." or a "go watch it if youre curious" if they kept wanting to discuss it.
any idiot can see youre not wearing a brony tshirt and running around shouting brohoof at your friends. that youre capable of having discussions other than pony related ones. the association illusion they have at the start will die off rather quickly.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.