[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've noticed over the past year or 2 that these two have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 17

I've noticed over the past year or 2 that these two have become the biggest talking points in the fandom. The other characters are still discussed sure, but almost all the big arguments, fan content, theories, etc all involve Sunset and Starlight nowadays. As someone who is neutral on them, how did it get this way? Is it just because they're new fresh faces or is there something else to them?
>>
>>28994078
Shitposting.
>>
>>28994078
>biggest shitposters
there, all better.
>>
One is woobie waifu bait and one is a shitty OC. You decide which is which.
>>
>>28994078
Name ONE (1) instance where these characters were meaningfully discussed
You can't
It's all memes and shitposting because no one actually likes them
>>
File: sunset eat all the eggs.jpg (115KB, 772x719px) Image search: [Google]
sunset eat all the eggs.jpg
115KB, 772x719px
>>28994078
They are both well liked horses.
Many people do wanna see Sunset in the main show and Starlight has been pretty relevant as of late. So yeah, they are included when talking about the future of the franchise.
On here tho, they are mostly used for shitposting fuel.
>>
>>28994078
They both suck and caused a lot of drama before. The franchise would be better without these copy cat mary sue characters.
>>
>>28994089
Well I remember one thread that discussed how a performed but not evil Sunset would've handled Twilight's struggles if she was the main character. Just a few minutes someone put a nice video explaining Starlight's arc and why her redemption isn't as forced as people make it out to be. Keep in mind that I said fandom and not just /mlp/.
>>
>>28994078
there's only one of them worth talking about
>>
>>28994098
/thread
>>28994457
Fuck off you unbelievable autist.
>>
>>28994474
no
>>
>>28994542
Unf.
You're still a faggot though.
>>
>>28994078
Who's got the Starlight copypasta? This thread wouldn't be co plete without it.
>>
>>28994960
It irks me that you didn't complete the word complete
>>
>>28994960
Don't forget I want Glimmer dead and
>sinks into fat and dies
>>
>>28994078
I wholeheartedly believe that Glimmer is shit
her colors are shit
her new mane is really, really shit
her backstory was shit
her "redemption" was shit
she was handled in S6 in the same manner as Twilight was in S4, "well what the fuck do we do with her now?"
she is Haber's "baby" (which should be grounds to hate her on the spot)
she was better as a one off villain

she had potential, but it went to shit once it was revealed that her colt friend got his CM (by saving her life) and she didn't get hers at that time
not to mention that it's standard that when a show that has gone on long enough to having to add a new "main" character to the cast, that's when it "jumps the shark" and needs to stop

hell, her not being in the FiM movie is proof enough to show that she was shoved up the show's ass to please someone (probably Haber) at Hasbro. she was never meant to be in S6
>>
>>28994078
I would bump this thread but this has Shimmer
But since it has glimmy too I will bump it
>>
>>28996073

Ugh
>>
>>28997582
reddit-man making the rounds a little late this morning
>>
>>28994089
I have been in many meaningful discussions about Glimmer's psychopathy.
>>
>>28994078
>>
>>28999520
Nice bump reddit man.

I see you just bumped your other thread too >>28999483.

Good save.
>>
>>28997631

I wish there was a japan animation with glimmy
>>
>>28994078
shitposters
>>
File: nyxposting intensifies.gif (210KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
nyxposting intensifies.gif
210KB, 1000x1000px
>>28994078
you forgot best filly
>>
>>28994078

Dont you dare to compare my waifu with Sunshit "The nigger" Shimmer
>>
>>28994098
>Many people do wanna see Sunset in the main show
>>
File: IMG_20161027_153312.jpg (66KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161027_153312.jpg
66KB, 600x600px
>>28994098
A lot of people also wanted to see Kirby on the show. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.
>>
>>28994078
But Sunset doesn't even matter, she's just part of some offshoot series that doesn't affect the show.
>>
>>29003700
>nice meme
>getfaggotry
>>>/b/ is that way, fag.
>>
>>28994078
My little pony would be much better if these two disappeared for good, and nobody ever mentioned them again.
>>
>>29003784
EQGarbage isn't and never will be canon.
>>
>>29003774
t b h I don't care about Sunset. I don't care about EG so she is pretty much irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.
Now Glimmer on the other hand is much harder to ignore.
>>
>>29003786
It has been since 2013
Cry your tears of denial, baby
>>
File: 1475404257635.png (88KB, 305x257px) Image search: [Google]
1475404257635.png
88KB, 305x257px
>>28994078
It's irrelevant, at this point it's just shitposting. Ignore or partake in it, doesn't matter now.
>>
>>29003784

Ponies don't count in the meme magic. Only presidents and planes
>>
File: Glim Glam.jpg (99KB, 2048x1141px) Image search: [Google]
Glim Glam.jpg
99KB, 2048x1141px
>>29003803
Tell me where is teh EqG references in the show. And I don't mean Flash the guard who played literally no role on the first movie other than appearing at the very end.
What actual real references are there to sunshit and the mirror world in canon?
>>
>>29003803
Speak for yourself ;^)
>>
>>29003812
>"Nuh uh THESE references don't count because reasons!"
>"I need references that follow my unnecessary and arbitrary standards!"
Sorry, Glimfag, that's not how logic works
>>
File: Boop.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Boop.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
>>29003823
Flash the guard doesn't canonize anything, my friend.
There's been zero references to Sunshit nor the mirror world in the show. It was even ignored in the Season 5 finale where it should've been shown if it was canon but it wasn't. The show ignores EqG because it's not canon.
>>
>>29003854
You're wrong and don't even know what canon is if you think EqG is canon
Even little girls know that EqG is canon
And references to it are still made in the show, but you clearly don't even watch it
>>
File: 1233495.png (501KB, 2898x3402px) Image search: [Google]
1233495.png
501KB, 2898x3402px
>>29003869
Wewlad they just said Trixie likes PB crackers. That doesn't mean anything t b h.
If EqG is canon my man then why wasn't Sunset shown in the alternative timelines in the S5 finale? If it truly is canon like you said it is then it Sunset should've showed up since no one was there to stop here. But she didn't. Ergo not canon.
>>
I hate to bump this thread
>>
File: ab12.jpg (395KB, 815x611px) Image search: [Google]
ab12.jpg
395KB, 815x611px
>>29005611
No you don't you fucking cocksucker
>>
>>29003880
Appearing in the S5 finale says literally nothing about whether something is canon or not you dumb shit
Please tell me the logical leaps that you went through to reach that conclusion
>>
>>29003880
They did show her in the season finale. If you look real close she's in the last one where everything is dead as Sunset Satan. She mind controlled everyone to hang themselves. Then she went back to CHS and fucked Flash Sentry to death.
>>
>>28994078
One's a shitpost waifu and anothers OC.
I'd still fuck SS anyway
>>
File: EQG.png (767KB, 1162x782px) Image search: [Google]
EQG.png
767KB, 1162x782px
>>29005640
>>29003880
both of you shut up, there's no reason to be arguing about an issue settled back in S4
>>
>>29003880

The shitposter actually has a point
Was Sunset this unimportant or just non canon?
>>
File: 1257404.png (53KB, 2412x2008px) Image search: [Google]
1257404.png
53KB, 2412x2008px
>>29005640
U wot m8
It tells us a lot more than some minor reference like some guard that didn't play a role or a reference to crackers. That doesn't canonize anything. All it tells us is there's a guard called flash and that Trixie like PB crackers.
On the other hand Sunshit not being shown in the finale signals that she is irrelevant trash to the show since if she was canon she should've showed up since she was a pretty big villian. It means that EqG storyline and characters are completely ignored by canon and should be considered non canon.
>>
>>28994078
It's because they've become the most controversial figures in the fandom. Some people want new characters to replace the old, other group feels they're stealing too much spotlight when they don't deserve it, compared to the other characters they're used to.

Honestly though, one is more than enough, the show has a problem creating too many Twiclones. And because of how many people love her, naturally these ones are going to be discussed as well.
>>
CLOP CLOP!!!
>>
>>28994078
In my opinion I like these two characters. It adds a level of realism that is kind of expected from kids shows now a days. Now whether you like shows like Adventure Time , Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, you cant deny that they all tackle some stuff that for kids shows are pretty fucking heavy (Personally hate SU but thats neither here nor there). So I see Shim and Glim as a way to introduce the more heavy messages and tones that lets face it more than a small minority of the fandom want. Now how they do those things can be up to anyones opinion.
I personally love both characters since I've know people like them in my life time (obviously not to their extent) but people who have needed forgiveness or some sort of redemption. Again its up to personal opinion on whether or not those stories were told right.
I love them both
>>
>>29010835
Assuming you got around to watching them, how did you like the EqGs?
>>
>>29010867
I quite liked them. The first three were a good trilogy and the fourth one while not really that good was ok imo.
>>
>You grumble to yourself.
>Leave it to Twilight to leave the cleaning supplies all the way on the other side of the castle...
>Sweep sweep sweep my ass.
>Isn't Spike the one who does this crap?
>Being janitor to the princess doesn't make for a good resume.
>Actually it might in Equestria.
>Ponies are.mpressed by anything princess-related.
>Even so, you're only doing this since Twilight is gracious enough to let you live in her castle.
>Then again she lets that sociopath student of hers live here.
>So you guess it's not really that meaningful...
>As you head towards the supply closet, you hear a weird noise.
>It came from a room adjacent to the supply closet.
>Odd. Spike and Twilight aren't supposed to be here, they left earlier to Canterlot.
>It could be Glimmer though.
>What's she doing in there?
>That's not her room, you know for a fact her room now has her cutie mark on it-
>"MMM... YES! RIGHT THERE STARLIGHT!"
>...
>OKAY!
>Now this you gotta see.

I don't think I'm ever gonna finish that green.
>>
>>29008692
>that Trixie like PB crackers.
sauce?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.