[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bard Quest #12

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 2

File: OP5.png (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
OP5.png
1MB, 1600x1200px
This is a CYOA about a young pony discovering a world inspired by the many fantasy settings which exist out there

For the most recent events:
>In the minotaur realm, Happy Harmonica (You), or Harmony for friends, left with the zebra monk Winter Seed for the capital Daedalus to attend the yearly Superbrawl, a minotaur festival centred around various physical competitions
>Along the way, they met Lettuce, a strange variety of vegetal, looking and moving like a pony, and who ended up following the two of them as well as Gust, a soldier on furlough who saved them from a trio of bandits
>Trotting Stone, Harmony’s Grandpa and Heartshape, a strange little mare shrouded in mystery joined them in the minotaur city
>They also took in on themselves to reform the changeling Nymph which goes by Sweetheart for now and travel with them
>Our story continues as they prepare to confront a unicorn who’s been shadowing them for a few days already

Full story:
https://www.anonpone.com/blord/

Here’s the list of the possessions you currently carry around in your travels:
Your trusty saddle-bags, your coltly headband, a walking stick, a letter from Bomber, a traveller’s blanket, a lighter, the Diamond Claws (which allow the wearer to burrow himself in dirt), your heirloom Harmonica, a med kit, a canteen of water, a rough map of the continent, some carrots, A agility potion, a pouch containing 61 silver coins and 7 cooper coins, a magic flask (which has uncanny transforming effects, depending on what you fill it with).
>>
You almost let the temptation get the better of you… Wh-what if… What if this was a clever plan to actually teleport you to the location of the date? Or materialize a bouquet of roses? You like roses. Especially the red ones. And they taste even better with chocolate… But still, you’ve had a couple of bad calls with magic so far, and since you have to watch over your changeling friend you’re going to play it safe on this one.

“A-ahem… No thanks. I’ll pass!” You utter with a forced smile, and go back to floating with Sweetheart over the crowd of bulls.
“Geez…” She comments with a smirk while your mysterious stalker picks a bull from the crowd to perform his trick “Took you some time to decide not being sliced up in a magic box by this guy! Anyway, can we make him regret the day he was born, now?”
“N-nah…” You shake your head, a hint of pink still on your cheeks “I really wonder where he’s going with all this. Let’s watch some more.”

Despite the changeling’s annoyed huff, you keep watching the stage for a little longer. For his performance, the unicorn chose one of the straight portion of street you usually take to report with Sweetheart. He patched together a stage from a few planks in front of one of the bare wooden buildings of various sizes which are on each side of the street. Some of these are shops, but most are simple houses whose door open directly on the street. This portion of town is usually relatively quiet since there isn’t much going on, unless you come at the hour when the locals come home and share a well-earned refreshment at the small-time pubs after a day of work. While this is far from being one the main arteries of the city, this street is still large enough to allow four bulls to walk side to side without trouble, and every dozen meter or so there’s perpendicular alleys leading either to the heart of the capital, or narrower and darker parts of Daedalus.
>>
>>28991167
And in front of the twenty or so bulls the unicorn managed to attract, he perform his next illusion.
“Watch carefully!” He cheerfully announces to everyone “For I now offer you my greatest feat of magic!”
But to everyone’s surprise, only a couple of strange looking spheres drop from under his cape when he dramatically lifts his front hooves to the sky.

And then, the two sphere detonate.

Before anyone can react, a blinding flash of light burns your eyes. It’s like someone just rubbed a jalapoñe on them! And from the surprised and angry exclamations from the audience, you’re probably not the only one who’s been hit like that.
Sweetheart too barks mean things about the unicorn’s mom, but her rant is cut short as the whistle of something approaching fast in the air hitting her and silences the changeling.
“Sweetheart! *cough* *cough*” You call, the air being suddenly a lot heavier “Are you alright?” But she’s doesn’t respone.

The adrenaline from your friend probably being in trouble kicking in, you manage force your eyes open despite the pain and try to make sense of the blurry images they send to your brain.

A huge cloud of smoke covers the area, and everyone is coughing while furiously trying to find the origin of this unfunny and uncalled-for prank. But more importantly, Sweetheart isn’t next to you anymore! Searching around you, soon you see two minotaurs carrying your changeling friend. She’s tied up in a pair of bolas, and looks knocked out. The two bulls you recognize as the ones the unicorn hired are running away with her through one of the smaller, perpendicular alley, but in the corner of your eye, you also see Gust diving in their direction.

The sudden bang of a teleportation you’ve come to know also informs you about the unicorn trickster running away. He phased past the crowd to start running from the still confused audience toward where you came from, not following the minotaurs thugs.

>What do?
>>
>>28991169
yell out to get the guards, a pony is being kidnapped by two Minotaurs and is being taken down the alley. No more miss nice pony, we're chasing that magician and knocking him the fuck out when we see him and get the chance.
>>
>>28991169
After that cute stallion!
>>
>>28991249
>>28991312
“Hey! Guards!” You call as loudly as you can, and point toward the two mercenaries “A pony’s being kidnapped! Over there!”
While no guard was nearby, your injunction is clear enough to make a hooffull of vociferating Daedalian citizen to go after them, probably rightfully thinking these two had a hand it the current mess.

Which lets you all the leisure to go after that tricky wizard. You fly fast toward him, your wings propelling you forward with the sheer power of rage. And in only a couple of seconds you’ve pounced on the back to wizard who collapse on his hooves, and end his course painfully sliding on his belly while you stand on his cloaked back.

“Alright, you cute little trickster!” You announce threateningly “I’m not letting you go this time, no more miss nice mare!”
“Sorry girl!” His horn start to glow while he spits a few pebbles “I’m not into clingy mares!”

>What do?
>>
>>28991413
He's either going to teleport or retaliate. If we can't stop him in time, getting some distance is the best option in both regards.
>>
>>28991413
punch him in the throat.
>>
>>28991448
I prefer going after his horn.
>>
>>28991413
Smack the shit outta his horn with our stick.
>>
>>28991464
i think this would do more damage and would stun him for longer but alright. put our hoof in possible danger
>>
>>28991430
>>28991448
>>28991464
>>28991478
>>28991482
You scowl, and give a powerful kick in the horn of the guy, sending his mouth in the dirt once again, and the magic of his horn immediately dissipating.

“H-hey!” He painfully protests with you still pinning him after coughing some more pebbles “Don’t hit that! I-It’s very sensitive!” His blurts angrily as his horn lights up again.

>What do?
>>
>>28991519
Hit it again, and harder this time.
>>
>>28991519
Hit that shit again.

Then stop teleporting! I just want to talk!
>>
>>28991519
stop trying to use it and i won't have to hit it.
>>
>>28991528
>>28991530
>>28991541
You repeat the highly advanced tactical manoeuvre from a few seconds ago.

“Owie!” The unicorn shakes “Stop that you barbarian!”
“Stop trying to magic away from me and I won’t have to hit you, you sneak little puppy!” You retort in annoyance “I just want to talk with you!”
“Talk!?” He barks in anger “As if! You’ve just been hitting me and pushing me around until now!” And thus his horn lights up again.

And third time’s the charm.

“A-alright…” He painfully articulates after recovering from the pain a little “W-we talk. I’m good a talking so stop hitting my horn please.”

>What do?
>>
>>28991617
why'd you kidnap my friend? what are you doing in this town? how many others have you kidnapped? what is your nefarious scheme?
>>
>>28991634
This. Grab his horn and don't hesitate to jerk his head around if he gets uppity.
>>
>>28991634
>>28991667
“Why’d you kidnap my friend?” You start while glaring daggers at the unicorn.
“Kidnapped” He start smugly “Hey, I’m here, and she isn’t so how can you say I…”
Without any warning, you violently push on his horn and bury his muzzle in the dirt to wash away the load of barnacles his was serving you.
“WHY’D YOU KIDNAP MY FRIEND!?” You ask again once he’s in condition to talk.
“Th-the big guy told me to do it!” He answer with fear in his voice “The guy’s name is… uh… Upper Crust! He’s some fat cat from little Daedalus!”

“What are you doing in this town?” You continue to the next question.
“Er… Kidnapping your friend?” He says with tense smile.
At least that’s an honest answer, you guess… so you resist the urge to yank on his horn again.

“How many others have you kidnapped?” You keep inquiring.
“None!” The stallion answers, increasingly nervous “I was especially brought to this city for that job.”

“What is your nefarious scheme?” You press him, menacing to play with his head nail again.
“I don’t knooooooow!” His answers ends in a sob, and he start crying quite pitifully on the street “I’m just a hired horn!” he whines.

>What do?
>>
>>28991765
where does upper crust live? specifically. where did you meet and arrange this? where were you to deliver her? why does he want her? (long shot question but maybe he knows) how does he even know about her existing? alright, have him come with us and have him tell a guard what he just told us. i suppose we should ride on his back ready to strike his horn.
>>
>>28991765
While still holding his horn gently pet the side of his head while sushing him. Tell him we're sorry we were forced to mess up his beautiful face but we're willing to forgive him and still go on a date if he helps us get her back.
>>
>>28991798
>>28991846
“Where does Upper Crust live? Where did you arrange this!?” You keep pressing the unicorn.
“H-he mailed mee-he-heee!” The unicorn answers between two whines. “I ne… I never saw him, only other grunts of him to give me the pay…”

“Where were you to deliver her?” You demand.
“N-nowhere!” He whines before explaining “We *sniff* we were asked to just make her disappear for a day or two. We decided a different hiding place for everyone, and don’t know each other’s. I swear! Bouhou…”

“Why does Upper Crust want her?” You then ask him “How does he even know about her existing?”
But as you expected, you only get inchoate sobs as an answer, the unicorn probably knowing nothing about that.
You let out a disappointed sigh. You doubt you’ll get any more out of him while he’s like that.

“Alright… stand up you creep!” You order, giving him a mean slap on the rear “You’re going to repeat all that to a guard, and I’m not getting off you before that!”
But he doesn’t bulge, and simply remain crying on the ground, lamenting about whatever bad life decision which brought him to being pinned under a violent bard pegasus during a minotaur sport festival.
>>
>>28992080
“Listen, I’m sorry I had to be rough on your face and all…” You say a lot more softly, gently patting his head while you’re still straddling him “But I’ll definitely forgive you and go on a date if you help me get my friend back!”
You do manage to soothe him a little, but then a weirded out expression suddenly pops on his face as actually understands the meaning of the words you just said.

“W-wait, what?” He blurts in utter confusion “D-did you just say date?”
You face instantly mimics the colour of ripe tomatoes. And it’s a good thing your prisoner probably can’t see it well.
Did you really say that out loud?

>What do?
>>
See youtomorrow
>>
roll with it. you better believe it.
>>
>>28992088
U-ummm, uh... maybe? Who knows? I say a lot of things all the time! ...but would you be interested?
>>
what an unexpected turn
>>
>>28992886

This
>>
oh god we did
>>
hey
>>
Getting away from nine.
>>
>>28992779
>>28992886
>>28993368
>>28993454
Your mind is racing like an Alraune who just saw something really weird, and still can’t find one logical response to the current situation. You just asked your prisoner out, and instead of just dismissing your unintentional proposal… Wait was it unintentional? Or are foalnappers your type? Are you trying to impress Sweetheart? IS IT FATE PLAYING YOU LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE AND GETTING YOU INTO A LOVING RELATIONSHIP WITH THE PERFECT STALLION BECAUSE YOU’VE HELPED A SPIRIT FIND PEACE?
But still, instead of simply ending this awkward moment, the stallion asked for confirmation. And you just don’t know anymore.

“U-ummm, uh... maybe? Who knows? I say a lot of things all the time! Teheee!” You blurt and giggle, your mouth running on auto mode as no clear instructions could be received from your head “...b-but yeah, would you be interested in a date?”

You freeze again, your whole body paralysed from the sheer heat embarrassment. You don’t know if it’s the stress, the sun, the flashbang or an unknown property from Cabbage foliage, but you managed to keep digging yourself in that madness of yours.
Please mister stallion, you find yourself thinking, just say no. Just call me out on how this makes no sense. Just act like a baddie and let me bring you to-

“Ahem… Well…” The unicorn interrupts your thoughts, sounding as confused as you are “Y-yeah… I guess I’d like a d-date with you...”

>What do?
>>
>>28998018
oh yeah? where would you take me? what time?
>>
>>28998018
R-really?! Do you mean it?
>>
>>28998018
Should we really be considering dating a criminal? The only thing he's got going for him is being cute and our very deluded fantasies.
>>
>>28998269
Shhh, that'll hit her shortly after we agree to a date.
>>
>>28998041
>>28998223
>>28998269
>>28998329
It’s too late to late to stop it now, even if there’s so many wrong things with that romance, it has acquired a mind of its own. You can only go forward with it against all logic and common sense. Your suitor seems to understand it too, and can’t sense to end it either.

“Really?” You ask, your cheeks still burning like sand in a sunny day. “D-do you mean it?”
“S-sure” the stallion answer, and you clearly see the pink on his cheeks too “I mean… You look really pretty with your mane untied…”

You swear your heart could have stopped right now.
“Oh yeah?” You desperately try to find a way out of this, these feeling are just too confusing to handle. Maybe you can just make that stallion chicken out of this “Where would you take me? What time?”
“W-well…” The stallion timidly answers after some hesitation “There’s a place I know. We can be there in a flash, and we could go right now.”

>What do?
>>
>>28998366
Don't we have a major responsibility relating to a certain changeling to take care of?
>>
>>28998366
maybe after we make sure that our friend is safe and this entire thing is resolved.
>>
>>28998366
Ok, this is where it ends.

Just barely say yes right there. Tell him that he has to help us get our friend back first. Please?
>>
>>28998389
>>28998403
>>28998423
And finally, you find in yourself the strength to put a little between you and this pink velvety trap, as you realise leaving right now would greatly reduce your chances of finding you changeling friend in time.
And you always believed in Buddies before Cuties. Even if you never really had a chance to put it in practice until now.

“I would say yes” you start, relieved that finally sane and sound words are going to come out of your mouth “But we have to find my friend before that. I have a responsibility to care for her.”

“I know, but… I’m sorry…” He says, his ears dropping on his head in shame “I really don’t know where she is. I told you, we each had a different hiding place for cases like that… I mean, not like I imagined we’d end up going on a d-d-date together but… You know…”
He’s probably just as confused as you are about this.

>What do?
>>
>>28998506
We had a friend that gave immediate pursuit, as well as an angry mob of minotaurs that he flash-bombed.
>>
>>28998506
I guess we should start off in the direction they went. I suppose we should get our magic stallion's name too.
>>
>>28998521
>>28998589
“Then we better go look for my friend, and hope my other friend managed to hunt down your two accomplices.” You declare, finally getting of the unicorn’s back, something he welcomes with a relieved sigh.
“A-and what’s your name by the way?” You ask with a shy smile while you offer a hoof to help the unicorn on his legs.
“It’s… Flickerwhiz” He answers, accepting your helping hoof.
“Alright Flickerwhiz, Let’s go get my friend back.”
And after a nod from him, you both head where the two mercenaries ran away earlier.

You walk through the smaller alley where the two bulls fled followed by your harrier friend and the angry crowd of minotaurs. The sound of their irritated clamour is also the first thing you hear as you approach.
“Ahem…” Flickerwhiz gulps as he hears his former audience “I-I’ll wait you there if you don’t mind. They’re probably going to go a little rough on me if they see me again.”

>What do?
>>
>>28998817
not if i tell them that you're under my custody and gave you a good thrashing already. plus say you're harmless now and unarmed. you don't have any of those balls anymore right?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>28998817

Nonsense, you can show them that you made a deal for your freedom because you helped us and they can go free too if they let our friend go and tell us some information. They don't even have to date us! Unless they want to that is
>>
we can put him on our back and claim we knocked him out? or maybe we can put a hat on him or something. or walk along the wall and stand in front of him.
>>
>>28999539
Nah, Harmony only wants Flickerwhiz.
>>
>>29000158

It's not about what we want, it's about justice.
>>
>>29001512
we decide what justice can be though.
>>
bumping away from nine.
>>
>>29003338
>>29002470
>>29001512
>>29000158
>>28999747
>>28999539
“They’ll gladly see you if they think I knocked you out.” You offer. “I’m just going to carry you for a little while.”
“Alright.” He nods “But if things get out of control, don’t be mad if I run away from being lynched by a pack of bulls. I’ll find you again later if it comes to that… A-at least f-for the date…” He stammers while blushing anew.

And after acknowledging his terms, taking the unicorn on your back and wishing he was a little slimmer, you walk toward the sounds of the crowd and quickly see the minotaurs after another turn.
This street being way narrower that the pervious one, you don’t see a thing past the more compact pack of bulls. The audience from Flickerwhiz‘s show became an angry mob, and seems to be ranting about something else happening in the middle of the group.
As they notice you carrying the alleged troublemaker, they clumsily make way for you to pass and enjoin you to go talk with the guards which you see being the center of attention of the mob, and a few of them give you the props for catching a dirty prankster.
Between the guards, you manage to see one of the two mercenaries, his arms and legs in shackles, but to trace of Sweetheart.

You also quickly notice Gust, flying over the crowd. He’s currently in a heated discussion with one of the guards, but the unrest seems to have made the police-bull quite hostile with anybody who isn’t wearing the uniform right now.

>What do?
>>
>>29003868
Alright, first let's talk to the mercenary or a guard near the mercenary and ask if they're talking. Ask where they took your precious sweetheart. Then tell the guard about the bull named "upper crust"
then we get rust and try to tell the bulls to disperse and that the show is over. the guards will handle everything from now on.
>>
>>29003897
You make your way toward the mercenary, but the few guards are all around him, and one ostensibly positions himself to block your path.
“Sorry, little one” His shakes his head sternly “No one gets near him for now.”
“But he took away my friend! My precious Sweerheart!” You retort with your best teary puppy eyes “We’ve got to make him talk as soon as possible!”
“See? That’s what I’ve been telling you!” Gust adds, coming to support you “We’ve got no time to waste, we must get him to tell us where she is right now!”

“Sorry again, but that’s procedure” The guard crosses his arms to show he won’t go down about this “We’re going to have thorough discussion with that guy, trust me, but not before he’s is in a cell. But there’s some trouble waiting to happen with everyone getting worked up right here.” He explains, getting a couple of angry protests for the crowd “We’re waiting for reinforcement to safely bring this guy in jail without having him try anything… Or without anyone else trying something on him.”
“Also, who’s that unicorn on your back” The guard notices “Is that one of the accomplices? He fits the description I heard”
Flickerwhiz slightly twitches on your back at the mention of him.

>What do?
>>
>>29004038
Ask the guard if he's aware who Sweetheart is, or if he has heard of the pegasai who helped discover and defeat a dragon that was threatening this city.
>>
>>29004038
There are times when there are exceptions to procedure, say for instance when time is of the essence and kidnapping should probably be one of them.
how about we just yell at him? "hey you! Minotaur guy. where you taking my friend?"
>>
>>29004038
Shit you guys, if I got here in time I would have told Flick to go someplace else until we talked to the guards. Maybe have Gust distract them and slip away in the crowd?
>>
>>29004078
>>29004082
>>29004114
“Do you have an idea who Sweetheart is?”
“Nope.” The minotaur shakes his head.

“And do you happen to know about some ponies who recently help defeat a dragon who was threatening the city?” You say, hoping you might get some sympathy from the guard, but the whole situation made him very uncooperative.
“I heard something like that” He answers “But I also happen to know somepony who didn’t answer a simple question I asked them.” He says, glaring at you.

You’re losing your temper a little here too, so you force you head past the guard to get a better view on the criminal.
“You!” You bark “Minotaur guy! Where did you take my friend!?”
However, the only answer you get from the mercenary is a smug grin of victory.

“Hey!” The minotaur guard firmly but painlessly pushes you away “Don’t start ignoring my questions! Is this unicorn on your back our guy or not?”
“I don’t think so.” Gust calls as he sees your embarrassment, getting the guard’s attention “Actually I think there’s some misunderstanding about him…” He start to explain, and discretely tells you to go away with him with a sign of the head, and you’re all too happy to obey.

“Good thing your friend gave us a hoof back there” Flickerwhiz says, back on his own hooves, once you’ve found a quiet alley away from the commotion. “I wonder why he did that, though…”

And the answer comes diving from the sky, when Flickerwhiz is suddenly forced against the wall with a whine of fear as the point of the harrier’s weapon is placed inches away from his throat.
“Alright!” Gust says with a predatory grin “Someone we can talk to without being bothered!”

>What do?
>>
>>29004278
I already grilled him gust, he doesn't know much. But I found out why he's doing it. He was hired by some minotaur guy.
>>
>>29004278
Easy Gale, easy!

Get Gale off him then this >>29004300 but throw in how the guy that's after Sweetheart is in Little Daedalus.
>>
>>29004300
Did we confirm that it's a minotaur?
>>
>>29004347
Oh, and tell him Flickerwhiz is going to help us now.
>>
>>29004300
>>29004347
>>29004355
>>29004391
“Easy, Gale easy!” You try to soothe the still suspicious warrior “I already grilled him. He’s going to help us now.”
Gust gives you an appraising look, before finally lowering his weapon, but not before giving Flickerwhiz a ‘If you try anything, I’ll kick your butt’ glare.
“Unfortunately he doesn’t know much” You continue “But he told he was hired by some minotaur named Upper Crust.”

“Ahem…” Flickerwhiz says, embarrassed “About that… I made that up back there, the Upper Crust bit I mean…”
And it doesn’t take any more for Gust’s weapon to go tickle the neck of the unicorn.

“C-calm down! I-I’ll tell you the truth!” He begs, his eyes right on the menacing point. “It’s Count Starfall who got me on this degrading task! He’s a fat-cat wizard from Astranostra and he wants to study a changeling!”

>What do?
>>
>>29004451
Hey wait a second, i remember that guy. I can't believe he wants sweetheart this badly. he could have just asked to examine her. I have to punch him! Also, you LIED to me? Not a good start flickerwhiz. Better boop him to show him who's boss.
>>
>>29004451
The guy that wanted her for a guinea pig.
>>
>>29004451
The wizard? I was actually planning on going to see him with Sweetheart.
>>
>>29004501
>>29004506
>>29004530
“Wait, that wizard who wanted to run tests on her?” You exclaim. “Does he really wants her that much? Also, Gust! Let him breathe!”

The harrier lowers his weapon again, looking almost disappointed.
“Th-thanks” A panting Flickerwhiz lets out.

“That’s what you get for lying on me, you’re off on a bad start, Flickerwhiz!” You boop the pony to assert your dominance, and Gust raises a suspicious eyebrow at the familiar touch, visibly asking himself if that’s enough of a reason to raise his weapon again.
“But that Starfall guy should just have asked us!” You exclaim “We even planned n visiting him with Sweetheart”

“I’m afraid you don’t understand his intentions...” Flickerwhiz winces, shaking his head “As in… I’m not sure he envisioned that changeling even seeing the light again after his experiments. The best thing that could happen to her would be to be on display in a zoo for the rest of her life if Starfall get his hooves on her...”

>What do?
>>
>>29004662
it's time to kick that nerds ass! i guess the fastest way to find him is to ask the police chief.
>>
>>29004662

He seems to know a lot more than he was letting on. Maybe he does know where they're taking her after all? Or at least where we can find Starfall.
>>
>>29004662
If you lied about "Upper Crust" then what's to say you didn't lie more? Is Flickerwhiz even your real name?
>>
>>29004682
>>29004691
>>29004705
“Hmm…” You glare at the unicorn “How can I even trust what you said after you lied… Is your name even Flickerwhiz?”
“Y-yes. I mean, I only lied about Starfall, because I can basically say goodbye to Astranostra now that I told you his name...” He admits sadly.
“Really?” You cross your arms, still unconvinced. “You seem know a lot more than you let on…”

“Listen, the truth is… I’m just a loser.” He looks to the ground in shame “I failed my 6th year in magically university and ended up in the streets and with a huge debt on my head. Starfall is the headmaster of the university where I used to be a student, and he said he might consider allowing me to repeat the year for free if I did some… extra-curricular activities.”
The unicorn grits his teeth, a flicker of resentment burning in his eyes “Turns out that meant doing odd jobs for him. And not the good kind… I’ve been feeling bad about that since the start, but… I thought that was the only way to save my life from becoming a wreck so I bore with it.”
“But now I’m done.” He raises his head to look into your eyes, and you see a shaky determination in his “That’s just wrong. And I bet Starfall would never stop asking me to do his dirty work anyway.”
>>
>>29005007
“Alright” You readily announce “Then we’re going to tell this to the guards!”

“That’s probably not going to do anything” Flickerwhiz says with a saddened tone “Starfall is one part of the highest-profile wizards of the city. Even if we have the truth on our side, he’ll deny everything, and he’s going to use all the system’s power and weight to sap any legal action against him. The best we can hope for is to get an insignificant fine out of him after years of trials. That’s just how it goes in Astranostra.” He says with an odd mix of nostalgia and disgust “The heads of Universities and research department basically control the city, and to make the study of magical being as easy as possible, the law gives absolutely no rights to anything which isn’t a pony, a diamond dog or a minotaur. Even if they’re sentient, they’re goods in front of the law. So if Sweetheart gets to Astranostra, it’s basically over for her.”

>What do?
>>
>>29005015
Well, they're still in the city and he doesn't have that kind of protection here. He'd never be able to guess that somebody has gotten on his trail so quickly, so we still have some time.
>>
>>29005015
then we need to cut that Minotaur off. we know where he's heading now.
>>
>>29005015
That just means we'll have to save Sweetheart before they get her out of the city! Do you have any idea where they were heading, Gale?
>>
>>29005064
>>29005072
>>29005133
“Nah, we’re still in Daedalus.” You observe “And he doesn’t have that kind of status here.”
“Hum… I guess so.” The unicorn nods “Starfall looked surprised… and irritated when he heard that the changeling was entrusted to you. He probably overshot how much he could influence the minotaurs.”

“Good! At least everything isn’t against us!” You smile “Now, since we know they’re going to Astranostra. We’re going to-“
“Wait” The unicorn cuts you “No, he’s not heading for there.” He shakes his head “I didn’t lie when I said he was only going to hide her away for one day or two. The goal is just prevent her to check in so she won’t be free again.”

“Hum… Okay, then… Gust?” You turn to the harrier “Where do you think the mercenary was heading when you lost him?”
“They were just getting deeper and deeper is the small streets.” Gust answers “They were strong and fast, and I couldn’t completely dodge one of their bolas…” He scratches his head embarrassedly “I lost track of the one caring Sweetheart after beating the other. If I had to take a guess, I’d say he made it back to Little Daedalus since he vanished into thin air after that.”

>What do?
>>
>>29005219
We did see the building they went into.
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>29005219

We'll have to go back to Little Daedalus and investigate
>>
so much evil butt to kick. so little time.
>>
I hope sweetheart is doing ok.
>>
>>29005219
I say we should root around Little Daedalus for them. Maybe Grandpa knows somebody that can help us?
>>
maybe the guard in little daedalus are less shit.
>>
who wants to give sweet heart a chance to have revenge on the ones who arranged her kidnapping? I do!
>>
>>29005236
>>29005352
>>29007976
“Then there’s no time to waste! We’re got to get grandpa and head there!”
“That’s going to take too long.” Gust winces… and then turns to Flickerwhiz “Hey, don’t YOU have a password to little Daedalus?”
“I do.” He answers, a little more confident since his life hasn’t been threatened in the last minute “And we’re close enough to a passageway. We can be there in a minute!”
“That’s cool but… I think Gramps could help us there and find someone helpful.” You object.
“Mmh…” Gust nods “Then I’m going to get him and tell him what happened. You can go to Little Daedalus and search for Sweetheart already.”
And after giving Flickerwhiz a glare to remind him how much butt kicking he’d get if he did a heel-turn again, the harrier flies off.

As Gust advised, you and Flickerwhiz head for now familiar covered streets of Little Daedalus.
For a start, you decide to go check the place you assumed was the hiding place of the mercenaries.
You’re quite surprised to find the door slightly ajar.

>What do?
>>
>>29009672
let's stick an ear in and listen there any sounds? we must sneak.
>>
>>29009672
We're in Little Daedalus now, right?
>>
>>29009738
Y
>>
>>29009718
>>29009738
You head closer, and lean against the wall to maybe pick up some noise.
The place seems to be dead silent.

>What do?
>>
>>29009842
Go in there!
>>
>>29009842
BREACH, BREACH, BREACH, BREACH, BREACH!!!
>>
>>29009847
>>29009992
Quickly followed by Flickerwhiz, you stealthily get through the door.

The first thing that hits by the rancid odour of bulls who stopped caring about body hygiene in a forever enclosed space. Aside for that, there doesn’t seem to be any immediate thread in the room you just got into.

Two oils lamp hanging from the ceiling allow you to see quite clearly the content of the place you just got into. The room is quite large, and the two mercenaries could probably move comfortably around here. There’s two chairs around a large table where a couple of empty plates rest. Some of them are dirty, and you see an unfinished bottle of an unknown brewage as well as a couple of apples on there. But your attention quickly goes to the racks adorning the wooden walls and where lies various tools of dubious use, such as bear traps, many vials containing suspicious liquids or strange hooks and chains. There’s also a rustic desk in a corner, and this one is messy. The two drawers of the desk had their content, mostly paper and scrolls, emptied on the ground, and the few quills and little ink have also been spilled, making it look like someone searched for something in here and then left in a hurry.

There’s also a door at the other end of the room. This one is closed. There’s also a wooden chest peacefully lying in a corner. There’s no lock on that one.

>What do?
>>
>>29010082
check out the chest.
>>
>>29010101
This. Then look through the other door.
>>
>>29010101
>>29010151
Frist things first, you can’t resist getting a look at the huge chest which come up to your eyes. You open it, and your eyes are greeted with the yellow shine of… Hay. And this one doesn’t even seem very fresh.

>What do?
>>
>>29010174
God dammit. Grab a hook and chain and put the hook onto something. Now we can get ready to pull it and trip a bull that might come out of that door. Attempt to open the door that's closed.
>>
>>29010203

You leave the disappointing chest alone to concentrate on the door.

Using a hook and chain, you prepare a little trap in case somebody tries to get out a little too fast of the room you’re about to open.
Then, you slowly reach for the door and push only enough to peek inside the next room.

In this room which is a little smaller than the previous one, your eyes immediately fall on the collapsed form of the other minotaur mercenary. He’s lying motionless, his back against the wall, and seems to have been knocked out. Aside from that, your position only allows you to see two weird mannequins which you believe are armour racks.

>What do?
>>
>>29010315
Call out for Sweetheart, or Nymph. She has to be close.
>>
>>29010315
Let's go in there and see what's happening.
>>
>>29010465
>>29010551
You decide to get inside on the tip of your hooves.

The rest of the room is occupied by bunk beds where the two minotaur can spend the night. But more importantly, there’s a small nightstand on which there’s… well, money. A small pile of silvers and coopers lies, and there’s also two keys. One, heavy and made of iron, and the other, smaller, made of some yellowish alloy. An empty backpack also lies on the ground, just aside the beds

“Sweetheart…?” You call in a quiet voice, not willing to risk waking up the mercenary “Nymph, are you there…?” But there’s no answer.

>What do?
>>
>>29010706
look for locks that can be used on the keys.
>>
>>29010723
You decide to take the keys.
The heavy one quite obviously fits in the door leading to the street, but you find no use for the other one. The door to the sleeping room having no lock. Neither does any drawer or the chest.

>What do?
>>
>>29010755
Hmm... we need to look for clues. So the minotaur is knocked out and it looks like that drawer was rummaged through in a hurry. Ask Flickerwhiz what he can put together of the situation.
>>
>>29010755
god dammit what the hell is the small key used for then.
>>
>>29010854
>>29010863
You get out of the sleeping room for now to exchange a few words with Flickerwhiz.

“Flickerwhiz…” You ask him, once in lesser danger of waking the mercenary “What do you think happened here?”
“Well… I think your changeling friend managed to get the edge over the mercenary. Even though I told them to watch out for magic…”
“Obviously…” You nod to yourself.
“Anyway, your friend probably used the occasion to round up what she could find around here” The unicorn continues, remaining pragmatic “Maybe she’s the one who messed up the drawers and put the money and keys where we found them.”
“You think so? But then… Why is everything still here?” You ask.
“I’m not sure…” The unicorn shrugs “Maybe something interrupted her and she fled in a hurry?”

“And for that key…” He adds “There’s probably a safe hidden somewhere in here. There wasn’t nearly the amount I had to pay those two thugs for the job on that nightstand.”

>What do?
>>
>>29011008
I think we should leave and see if we can't track her or ask somebody if they saw her.
>>
>>29011008
I wish we could find the safe and steal some cash.
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>29011008

Take the money and go look somewhere else

Hopefully Nymph didn't take the opportunity to make a break for it
>>
Sweet dosh
>>
Bamp.
>>
>>29011714
Don't worry about not being in two places at once
>>
let's hope we can find her soon.
>>
friendship truly is magic
>>
time for a bump
>>
>>29011100
>>29011157
>>29011714
You pack everything that was on the nightstand, including the keys. You don’t count exactly how much there is, but you think there’s about a dozen slivers and roughly as many coopers.

Then, you exit the den of the mercenaries, hoping to find some clues about your friend’s passage here. Unfortunately, there isn’t anything noticeable around the niche where the two bull’s door is located, except a smelly trash container.

So instead, you catch the attention of a minotaur passer-by wearing a simple leather jacket and with a short sword on its belt, making him one of the most peaceful-looking folk of Little Daedalus.

“Excuse me!” You call him, and he raises a quizzical eyebrow as his eyes fall on you “I’m searching for my friend! Have you seen somepony going out of this door recently?”
The bull gives you a strange, incredulous look, as though you just explained him you were the last denizen of the moonfolks and needed his help to find your magical whoopee cushion. He suddenly bursts in laugher, and simply walks away.

“Hum…” Flickerwhiz cringes “I’m afraid giving information like that isn’t a common thing to do around here.”

>What do?
>>
>>29016554
Alright, since we came from this direction and didn't see her just keep going and look around for her. She might be in the general area so look around the block.
>>
>>29016554
Go back and look for safe filled with mad do$h.
>>
>>29016577
>>29016781
A little out of options, you decide to look around Little Daedalus in the hope of finding Sweetheart. You’re out of luck, though, as the few ponies you see around look like they’re very familiar with Little Daedalus. Even if one of them was Sweetheart, you’d have no idea which of the ten ponies or so you saw she could be.

Frustrated, you come back to the mercenaries’ hideout, decided to rob the two almost-honest workers of their whole life savings they’re probably going to use to offer a better life and education to their kids.
The place is just like you left it. Wooden structure, same messy desk and shelves, same unconscious minotaur, same beds, nightstand and painfully boring chest.

>What do?
>>
>>29016847
Search the painfully boring chest. It might also pay to chain the minotaur without waking him if possible.
>>
>>29016852
You have another go at that chest. That thing is so big it comes almost up to your eyes.
Opening it once again, you rummage through it, emptying all the hay inside on the floor, which smells like it’s been here forever actually. You quickly hit the bottom, though. And there’s nothing but bare wood down here from the looks of it.

Taking a break, you decide to take care of the minotaur potentially waking up. You take some of the chains lying around and tightly wrap them around the arms, torso and legs of the mercenary.
While he remained dreaming about whatever minotaur thugs dream when they’re being tied up with chains, he’s now grunting weakly and occasionally wiggling in his restrains. He might wake up very soon.

>What do?
>>
>>29017236
Check thugs for valuables before they wake up.
>>
>>29017250
As you decide to check the waking bull for valuables, you quickly realise someone took everything there was to take here. His pockets are inside out and the pouch on his belt is ostensibly empty.
Only his golden tooth remains, but taking that would be nasty, and you let your hair down today, so you’re not up for nasty things.

The eyes of the mercenary flutter open. You reflexively jump away as the bull immediately strains and pushes against his restrains. However, you used enough layers of chains to effectively immobilize him, and the mercenary is reduced to giving you a hate-filled glare and baring his teeth at you.

>What do?
>>
>>29017311
Now you, what happened to my friend?

Start tearing the place apart looking for that safe.
>>
>>29017311
where is starfall?
>>
>>29017351
>>29017355
“What happened to my friend!” You bark at the chained bull.
“Heck if I know” He growls “but I hope she’s rotting in some sewer, and that you’ll join her soon!”

“Where is Starfall!?” You question.
“I told you I’ve got no idea where you friend is!” The mercenary retorts, visibly not knowing who you’re talking about. And the thug doesn’t look like the kind of guy who puts up lies on the spot, no offence to him.

Actually… offence to him. He really looks like a brainless brute.

“Starfall is still in Astranostra” Flickerwhiz whispers in your ear “He just gave me orders and teleported me near Daedalus.”

Which is fine and everything, but it doesn’t get you any closer to Sweetheart.
In frustration, you bite one of the loose planks of the floor and tear it apart, hoping to maybe find the safe of the mercenaries. But you only uncover dirt and a small house spider, who quickly flees toward its little spider home. You probably aren’t going to find anything that way, since about half of the planks are loose around here.

“Hey! Listen here you two…” The mercenary starts, barely-contained fury in his eyes “Right now, what you did is still insignificant enough on the bigger scale for me to give up on hunting you down until the end of the world… But if you keep messing everything up in what I and Lumberfist took years to build, I might get angry enough to actually swear upon destroying you and everything you love. And I’ll let you now my oaths are usually sold in gold… So you better get out of here while you still can, ponies!”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow

Also, I've been trying to make my writting "less boring" I dunno if it's noticable or oboxious to the point of being cringy. feedback pls.
>>
>>29017578
Geez Pleeny, I didn't mean literally tear up the place.

It you you two strapping minotaurs YEARS to build this place? My dad can build a much better house and in less time to boot! Aaaanywho since I'm nice and you didn't have my friend, I'll leave. Boop him with attitude before leaving.
>>
alright, we'll leave. just a word of warning, you might not see lumber fist for awhile.
>>
>>29017593
i know i like it
>>
>>29017578
If we're going to leave, then we should take a look around and see if there's any shopkeepers or otherwise stationary people nearby who might have had clear view of the den. We could try bribing them for info.
>>
the hunt is on!
>>
page 10.
>>
what if we destroyed everything he had and then replaced it. would he still want to destroy us?
>>
Taking a break for tonight

See you tomorrow
>>
>>29022433
enjoy your break
>>
waiting for
>tomorrow
bump
>>
maybe sweetheart made her way back home by now?
>>
>>29024374
hope so
>>
>>28991159
>>
what an unusually active board at moment.
>>
waiting for that update.
>>
>>29028010

No shit, what else would you be waiting for?
>>
what an unusual pony.
>>
People forced me to go out and have normie fun
Tomorrow should finally be good for real
>>
extended vacation bump
>>
good night bump
>>
Niner.
>>
time to bump from 9
>>
Pleeny plz
>>
>>29017673
>>29018267
>>29019511
“Years? To build THAT?” The outraged teachings of your father make you scowl. “You didn’t even varnish anything, there’s got to be splinters everywhere! And the planks are so… they’re…” You suddenly stop in your outburst, not because of the ice-cold glare the chained minotaur is giving you, but because you just realised talking about carpentry like that must really sounds unmarely-like to Flickerwhiz.
He could still cancel that date after all…

“W-well!” you turn once again toward the bull after taking a glance to the unicorn, who looked dreadfully quizzical about your knowledge of woodworking “A-anyway, since my friend isn’t here, I’m going to let you alone in your shack! And by that I mean Timberfist isn’t going to come back for a while!”

You end the discussion with a wild boop on the rugged muzzle of the minotaur. While you intended for this to show your control over the whole situation, having to hurriedly take your hoof away from a bull’s bite lessened the effect considerably.

You exit the den of the mercenaries after that, and get beck to searching Sweatheart. You quickly manage to find a snake oil seller who probably had a good view on the door of the two bulls, so you ask him if he saw anypony getting out of here recently. This time, thought, you quickly throw a silver to the vendor, which immediately makes him a lot more open to discussion.”
“A pony? From there? Hmmm… Yeah, I think I saw someone.” He nods to himself “A dark green earth stallion. I hope that helps.”

>What do?
>>
>>29035710
Which way? If he doesn't respond drop another silver.
>>
>>29035731
“Which way!” You bark, and stick another hard-earned silver on the face of the indecisive vendor.
“I-it was a few minutes ago.” He answers, pocketing the coin. “I think he just got out of Little Daedalus.” He says, pointing at one of the nearest exit.

>What do?
>>
>>29035820
Let's go!
>>
>>29035820
C'mon Flickerwhiz!
>>
>>29035847
>>29035854
“Come on Flickerwhiz! There no time to waste!” You run with the unicorn in tow. You quickly exit Daedalus.
Still, no trace of your friend. So you keep running.
But then you come upon a crossroad. Without any hint, you just take the bigger street.
And then another… Still without finding any hint of Sweetheart’s passage here.

“This is bad…” You mutter under your breath, realising you have absolutely no idea where to go next.

“Now we’re in a tough situation…” Flickerwhiz comments “This city is too big. We just won’t find her randomly searching around. We’ve got to think of a plan!”
“I can imagine two options here.” He continues “She has a head start on us, so catching up will be difficult. Especially if she changes her appearance again. But maybe if you can figure out what she’s trying to do, we could actually go where she’s heading.”
“That, or we could try a more drastic way to find her, like a spell of some sort, or hiring a specialist. I don’t know one that could do, but I know it’s got to be possible. Or if you’ve got anything else…”

>What do?
>>
see you tomorrow
>>
Well shit we have next to nothing to go out on other then the direction they ran so I guess we'll start with "where does this direction go? what kinds of things are on this side of the city. Then again she's just as lost as we are.
>>
precaution bump
>>
>>29036218
Let's go see what Grumps and Gust have figured out.
>>
>>29038091
Gramps*

goddamnit
>>
>>29036218

Ok, here's an idea. Starfall doesn't know that Flickerwhiz is helping us now. So what if Flickerwhiz contacts Starfall and explains that he lost Sweetheart and needs help finding her. Starfall will send someone who can find Sweetheart using magic or something, and Flickerwhiz will pretend to help, but as soon as they find her we'll nab her for ourselves.
>>
The thread must live on.
>>
>>29038258
that is not a good idea because whoever they send to help will turn on us. i also don't want to be on starfalls radar when he asks why flicker wasn't able to get sweetheart.
too many variables that can go wrong.
>>
afternoon bump
>>
>>29036218
Let's first go back to the manor. There's a chance she went back.
>>
now that is one magic pony. also have we written that letter to our father?
>>
oh boy, page nine already.
>>
>>29041579
I don't think. I was planning in giving him a surprise visit when we head down south again.
>>
>>29040758
>>29039958
>>29038258
>>29038091
>>29036738
“Couldn’t Starfall do that for us?” You think out loud “I mean, he doesn’t know you’re quitting yet, right?” But as you ponder over the idea “Well… that would REALLY dangerous actually... Maybe there’s something else we can try first?”
“Yeah, that’s gonna be too close of a call, you’re right…” Flickerwhiz says with a sigh “But are you sure you really don’t know what Sweetheart could be trying to do right now? I mean, she’s doesn’t know the city very well either, does she? That’s just a guess, but she’s probably somewhere she’s already been. Or maybe she’s searching for a safe place to wait until things settle down.”
“I’ll try to think about that.” You nod “But let’s find Gramps and Gust. Maybe they can help us.”

You return to the manor where you find no trace of the changeling either, just like you feared. Only Heartshape, Cabbage and Winer Seed are still here, and while you were talking with them about the recent events, you’re interrupted by the arrival of your two missing friends.
“Sorry…” A Gust covered in sweat lets out in a huff “We tried to joined you at little Daedalus, but you were already gone when we arrived there.”
And there, you all start to weight your options. But just like you, nopony here can’t seem to find a miracle solution.
>>
>>29043116
“What I say is that we should just tell everything to the authorities.” Gust eventually declares, making Flickerwhiz wince “They’d certainly be able to help us find Sweetheart. And since we can prove this was an elaborated attempt at kidnaping her, we’ll still be able to have her with us, even if we fail to check with her on time.”
Indeed, there’s only one hour left before noon, and you’re supposed to check in with Sweetheart before that.
“B-b-but...” Flickerwhiz shakily retorts “You know, I don’t really like this idea at all. I mean, I’m going to have to take full responsibility if we do that… I’m not going to pretend I’m innocent or something, but…”

You understand the unicorn’s concern too. He won’t be able to go on a date with you if he’s in jail.

>What do?
>>
Only post for tonight

But since I'm a dreamer, I still believe It'll be better tomorrow. See ou there
>>
welp we're boned.
>>
>>29043126
I am conflicted. I think Harmony REALLY wants to let him off the hook because of her infatuation and sheer niceness but this might be our best chance. Maybe they'll lighten any sentence because he helped us? I really don't want to but I think it's for the best.

Any other thoughts?
>>
>>29039958

I hope you have a better idea then, otherwise we're fucked.
>>
>>29043126
Don't worry, Flick, after all we did convince them to let us attempt to reform a shameless murderer, so I'm sure we can work something out for you too. 'Sides, now you're helping us take down Starfall and we'll need you on the outside for that.

To the barracks.
>>
i'm glad we took the safe key.
>>
>>29043126
It's a gamble, but what if she is at the town hall already? She may be in disguise waiting for us outside. Or possibly in one of the jail cells paralyzed.
>>
>>29046299
>>
>>29047016
>>
nearing page 10 bump
>>
pleeny is dead!
>>
bump from page 10.
>>
boop
>>
time to go to bed. let's hope pleeny is able to do something tomorrow.
>>
>>29049687
F
>>
even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return
>>
>>29053342
oh boy
>>
>>29044448
>>29044970
>>29045574

It pains you to do so, but without any other option, you’re going to have to take it to the authorities.

“Alright, let’s go tell the guards.” You coldly announce.
“B-b-but…” Flickerwhiz protests “I don’t want to go to jail!”
“Relax, Flicky!” You pat his back “It’s going to be alright! I managed to get Sweetheart out of jail, and she has done a lot more than you did. Besides, if we’re lucky we might find her waiting for us here! Or… paralysed in a jail.”
The unicorn doesn’t look any more comfortable with the idea, but still he follows toward the barracks.
When you arrive, there’s once again no Sweetheart in sight. And the office worker you usually see every day does not look like something unusual happened here today.

Yet.

“I think it’s now clear that changeling is trying to run away from us. Humph!” Gust huff disdainfully.
But before you head to the desk, Flickerwhiz discretely taps on your shoulder to get your attention. And as you look at him, you realise he’s sweating heavily, and his knees are almost playing castanets.
“P-please.” The unicorn begs in a fearful whisper “A-are you sure there’s no way around this? A-are you sure there’s nowhere Sweetheart could be hiding? Isn’t there maybe somebody else she’d seek help from?”

>What do?
>>
>>29056016
is there anywhere we played a lot of music? because other then there i ain't got no fucking clue and i'm out of patience for this.
>>
>>29056016
The only other place I can think of is outside the Superbrawl, since she doesn't have a ticket, or at the bar pub(?) we took her to when we introduced her to the others. Either way, don't we have a scheduled check in time?
>>
>>29056016
Maybe... maybe that old wizard in little daedalus?
>>
>>29056086
>>29056182
>>29056398
As much as you’d like to give the unicorn an answer, you definitely can’t think of anything. Maybe the pub you’ve had lunch? Maybe somewhere you’ve played before? But what would she seek here… Nah, that’s just too random, even for her.
However, what if she asked old Slimetongue for help? Maybe she’s hiding with him, or maybe at least she asked him something. That might be worth checking out, since he might also help you find Sweetheart with a spell regardless.

You’ve got to check in before noon, which mean there’s something like fifty minutes remaining. If you hurry, you still have a chance to catch Sweetheart in time. You eventually manage to convince Gust this is worth the try, and you hear a sigh of relief from Flickerwhiz when he finally accepts.
And after a little more trotting, you arrive in front of the old storekeeper.

“Hi! Please, I need help!” You hurriedly say, even ignoring the friendly wave the old unicorn greets you with. “Have you seen my friend? The pink one. She was with me last time I came to visit! She’s lost and I need to find her asap!”

The vendor blinks a few times, taking his sweet time to understand and ponder about what you asked him while you’re about to vibrate through dimensions from your sheer restlessness.
“Weh, AhSo heh akualy!” The toothless old pony finally answers “Wenty minntsago, smuthig laik hat…”
“He wanneme tormove heh mahicbod” He points at his wrist “Hats Ahso howa leconised heh, beco he wa gween, ad a stilinn Ahso…”
“ButI hold heh Nah, ad hen he heft. He hooked in ahury”
“Mummled smuthig abota Blort oh… Blurt hat cood hep heh.”

>What do?
>>
>>29056742
i don't think we know a bloort that could take off the bracelet they were wearing. which way did they go?
>>
>>29056809
“Thanks, which way did she go next?” You ask

The old wizard simply points toward one of the exits of little Daedalus. She must have talked to Slimetongue really quickly just after leaving the mercenaries’ den, and right before leaving.

Though, you’ve got no knowledge about some guy named Bloort that could help her take her bracer off. But the name Blurt… Does ring a bell somehow.
Where did you hear that already?

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>29057007
Bloort... blurt... blord... blord? Bard! That means us! But if we was lookin for us would she have came to the manor?
>>
god i wish we got his mouth fixed sooner and god damn do i hate starfall with a passion.
>>
thanks mr.wizard!
>>
>>29057007
Clarify that Slimetounge meant "bard."
>>
>>29057129
There's no way she's looking for us, she's trying to remove her bracelet, that thing does nothing to her unless we're around, she's trying to escape! And after all we did for her! She'll need a stern talking to when we find her.

Ask Slimetongue if he's got anything that'll help us find her.
>>
>>28991159
>>
Bump. Also requesting art of Flickerwhiz.
>>
>>29062824
i second
>>
Bump, damn you.
>>
What if we fly through the streets yelling the code phrase over some sort of magic voice amplifier and see if anypony drops paralyzed from it?
>>
>>28991159
>>
>>29067231

fuk u
>>
>>29057129
>>29057330
>>29058313
>>29060989
>>29061195
>>29065518
“Blurt, blord…” You mumble to yourself “Bard! Maybe she was searching me after all!” You turn to the wizard “Did she say Bard or not?”

“Uh-uh!” The old wizard shakes his head “hot…” He concentrates to pronounce the next word as intelligibly as possible “hot bord. He shed… Burt!”
“Hut…” He adds “He ddn ‘ooklike he washur of hehshef, akualy. Burt, Bert… He ounded ike he thried to rmembe smupny’s nim”

“Come on!” Gust starts to lose his patience too “You’ve spent virtually all the three previous days with her, Harmony! You’ve got to know what this is about! Or at least… do you think there was moment when she could have done something behind our backs?”
You’d really like to know the answer to that.
Because if you don’t, your next idea is to yell “I love you” to the streets in a Daedalus.

Maybe going on a date with a perfect stranger was bound to happen to you in the end…

“Ahso…” Old Slimetongue adds “Fiougat smugthig hat blogs tohe, Ah cn tlepert uwer he is.”

>What do?
>>
>>29068430
Hey, is Burt the name of the pony she fed off of? That the only time she did something without our knowing.
>>
>>29068430
Yeah teleport us there! I'm going to punch sweetheart if she is with him.
>>
>>29068738
Lets hold off on violence until after we know what the situation is.
>>
>>29068738
Whoops, the teleport us there part totally slipped my mind. Yeah beam us up, Slime!
>>
>>29068607
>>29068738
>>29068748
>>29068764
“Hold on a second… Blurt!” You exclaim “That was that guy she fed on the other day!”
“Wait, Sweetheart fed on someone else?” A surprised Gust asks.
“Yeah, it was just after Heartshape got on that eating binge… The guy looks alright so I didn’t think much about it. And they made pie so I couldn’t be mad at her…”

And while you could probably find the guys since you actually know what he looks like and roughly where Sweetheart picked him up, just teleporting yourself there also sound like a good idea.
“Alright, Slime! Beam me up where she is!” You say, already thinking about the good spanking Sweetheart would deserve.

“Hurr! Diougat Smuthig hat blongs tohe?” The old pony asks in response

>What do?
>>
>>29068857
Oh... nevermind! We'll just have to hurry and fly there!
>>
>>29068867
You don’t think there’s anything Sweetheart left you could use, so you decide to find about her one-time breakfast instead.

It turned out Bear Trim (Yep, she really didn’t get it right) was a young barber who came alone to Daedalus to make business a few months ago. People said he was a nice pony, and you found rather easily where he lived.

You and your friends eventually arrive in front of a one story small house in the suburbs, reminding you of the place you and Gust were traped as rodents.
Despite the early hour, the curtains are closed and prevent you from seeing the inside of the place. There isn’t many people around, and the street is occasionally empty from time to time.

>What do?
>>
>>29069098
Knock exactly three times.

Just kidding. Beat the shit outta that door, this is an emergency!
>>
>>29069164
Like any civilised mare, you’re going to knock.

TO KNOCK THIS DOOR DOWN!

Eventually, the door opens as Bear Trim, probably after hearing you nearly breaking your back legs and calling mommy decides to check what in tarnation was going on in front of his house. You’re still rolled in a ball as you hold your painful hoofsies and biting you cheek not to whine when his eyes fall on you and your friends.
“A-ahem… Hi?” The brown stallion says, looking a little confused at the scene in front of him “Can I help you?”

>What do?
>>
>>29069376
Hurriedly ask if he's seen Sweetheart. It's important!
>>
>>29069376
has anypony come to see you recently? mind if we come in and take a LOOK around inside?
>>
>>29069460
>>29069461
“H-have you seen Sweetheart?” You ask after regaining a little composure “It’s important! I need to know if you’ve seen her recently!”
“Hehe…” The stallion giggles uncomfortably “N-nope. I haven’t heard from good old Sweetheart today. I-is she in trouble?”

“Sorta.” You say with an inquisitive glare “Mind if we talk about this inside? And I’ll also take a look while I’m at it…”
“W-well, actually I do mind!” He says while blocking you “I mean, I-I’m totally not hiding anything or anypony, b-but you can’t just come inside like that!”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>29069652
Tell him about the really strong and dangerous minotaurs attempting to abduct her and how we need to find her and get her to the safety of the guard barracks before they find her. Also tell him that a pony that saw her pointed us in this direction, so they might be coming here as well.
>>
man, this guy is not a very good host.
>>
>>29069790

This and maybe nudge Gust to put on the intimidation factor a little bit
>>
>>29069652
Scrunch at him.
>>
>>29071097
>>29070426
>>29070400
>>29069790
You scrunch.
Bad liars and sour fruits always made you scrunch.

“Listen, there’s some bad minotaurs after her and we need to bring her to safety” You tell him “And some people saw her going to your place!”
The stallion gulps, but he doesn’t bulge while he shows you a shaky, forced smile.

Since he doesn’t answer either, you give Gust a nudge, which he easily interpret.
And a convincing impersonation of Judge Deer later, the stallion backs away, meekly allowing you to invade his home.

You do not waste any time, and get inside the house where your eyes meet with a simple place with one simple bed, a table, two chairs and a barber’s seat, as well as a wardrobe and desk. It’s a little cramped to tell the truth.

>What do?
>>
>>29075385
ask where she is. if he doesn't cooperate then start opening closet doors and wardrobes looking for sweetheart. remember to look under the bed to.
>>
>>29075385
Come now mister, surely you know where Sweetheart is. We'll get put of your hair if you tell us! Whisper: Get it? Hair? Because you're a barber?

Look for any hidden doors or hiding places. Tell Sweetheart to come out. We'll have her know that back at the old homeplace we were named the hide-and-seek champion twice.
>>
>>29075385
Exclaim "I love you" into the place, then >>29075426
>>
>>29075426
>>29075452
>>29075462
Can’t find your changeling? Good thing you know one simple trick. You inhale, and…
“I LOVE YOUUU!” You say to the small dwelling. And while the living room doesn’t even blush at your sudden confession, you hear a small zapping sound coming from under the bed.

“Uhm… I...” The stallion stammer uncomfortably “I-I think I left the window open this morning and…eh…”
Uninterested in the stallion’s half-baked explications, you look under the bed, and FINALLY find the paralysed Sweetheart. She took back her pink coat and mane to ask Bear Trim for help.

You didn't even have to use your hide-and-seek talents on this one.

>What do?
>>
>>29075506
Sweetheart! Just what in the world do you think you're doing, missy!? You're going to get me into huge trouble! I thought we were friends. Come on, we have to get you to the barracks right now!

I don't trust her right now so let Gale carry her while frozen.
>>
>>29075506
You're going to end up realizing this was a mistake sweetheart. you tried to run away from me. After all I've done for you too. Maybe being harder on you is what you need to listen.
>>
>>29075561
Well she was starting to open up...
>>
>>29075506

"This is going to hurt me a lot more than it hurts you"

Bop her on the snootle.
>>
>>29075537
>>29075561
>>29075623
>>29075652
“Sweetheart! What do you think you’re doing, missy!?” You berate the paralysed changeling while Gust helps you to lift the bed “I thought we were friends! After all I’ve done for you… You’re going to realise this was a mistake! You’re in huge trouble!”

While paralysed and silent, Sweetheart’s pupils and eyebrows can still move a little, and she looks at you with pleading puppy eyes as you load her on the harrier’s back.
“This going to hurt me more than it hurts you… Maybe being harder on you is what you need to listen” You say, gently booping her inanimate snout while you’re finally ready to head for the barracks. There’s still enough time left so you won’t even have to run there or anything.

“Wait!” Bear Trim interjects as he stands in front of the way out. Visibly he regained some of his confidence “What do you think you’re doing? You can’t just come here and take her away if she doesn’t want to!” He objects, looking appalled “What has she done to deserve that?”

>What do?
>>
>>29075686
I actually can since it is my job. I don't go to your work and tell you how to trim and cut manes.
>>
>>29075686
I'm afraid you don't really know Sweetheart. She is has committed a terrible crime and it's my job to keep watch over her. I hope that one day she will fully realize her evil and repent for it. I'm sorry Bear Trim but she has only been using you. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive her.
>>
i know it doesn't seem like it bear trim but you're better off without her. you don't want to know what it is she did to deserve this.
>>
>>29075710
>>29075759
>>29075760
“Yes I can take her away because it’s my job.” You coldly answer.
“So what?” The stallion retorts “If you’re doing something bad I should just lie down because someone said it’s you’re job?”
“You don’t want to know what she’s done to deserve this.” You shake your head sternly “And I’m afraid she’s been using you too. Sweetheart has done a horrible crime and-“

“But she told me!” Bear Trim cuts you, on the verge of tears.
“She told me she’s a changeling! And that she did bad things she regrets!" He protests "She told me that she just couldn’t stand being held on a leash all the time. Why can’t you just give her another chance? She’s not your plaything, she’s a real equine being!”

>What do?
>>
>>29075838
a real equine being that should be on a table with their chest split open or sitting in a cell for the next however many years changelings live. if the law was feeling merciless her head would be on the floor right now. Know why she isn't? because of me. part of that agreement was to watch over her and if i just let her go without confirming her reformation it will be innocents blood on my hooves. not anyone elses.
>>
>>29075838
Fuck, this has to get Harmony pissed.

Second chance? Second chance!? I'm the one that gave her a second chance! This is me giving her a second chance right now! If it weren't for me she would be dead right now! I have treated Nymph with nothing but kindness and respect since I have known her, so don't you DARE talk to me about treating somepony well! The truth is not only her but me and my friends will be in huge trouble and I refuse to let that happen. So please, GET OUT OF OUR WAY!!
>>
See you tomorrow

Chance of running: 90/100
Chance of Flickerwhiz drawing 70/100
>>
>>29075894
Awww, fuckin' cliffhanger? Darn.
>>
>>29075838
She murdered somebody and took their place so she could find a way to covertly drug countless ponies so she could enslave them and drain their emotions remotely. Also, we're the one who prevented her from being hauled away to some lab so she could be dissected and gave her a chance to regain her freedom.
>>
is that all she told you? that she was a changeling that did "bad things" because i'll tell you now that was only a half truth.
>>
>>29076042
I don't really want to lay all her past sins bare to this guy, especially if she's already told him.
>>
>>29076654
The problem is that she probably didn't tell him, but we can ask him to go into detail just to be safe.
>>
>>29076665
i don't think that's for us to tell personally.
>>
>>29076670
You want to unfreeze her and have her confess then?
>>
>>29076681
I would rather tell him to get out of the way and leave. I plan on coming back to talk to him later, also to get our mane done for our date tonight.
>>
>>29076729
We've already tried negotiating with him. The only way to get him to let us leave, without violence, is to tell him the details about the situation which he doesn't know. Right now, to him, we're no better than those minotaurs and if we just leave than he'll probably try to follow us and make a scene. How much he's told and who says it still hasn't been decided though.
>>
>>29076740
I think he'll let us by once we explain ourselves. Besides, I don't think he has it in him to resist with Gale and the law on our side.
>>
>>29076681
I want to just walk out and forgot about him.
>>
>>29076761
1) We've already explained as much as we can without divulging details about her crime.
2) He doesn't give a damn about what we've said and is trusting her word over ours.
3) Relying on the intimidation factor of Gale or the law with how little he believes us would be a gamble at best and would likely cause a scene that would get both of us in trouble and possibly get her thrown back in jail.

>>29076768
See #3.
>>
>>29076817
we'll just throw HIM in jail for attempting to help a prisoner escape. though he can stay with her if we can put a collar on him.
being evil is fun.
>>
>>29076817
I think you're overestimating him. I say we yell at him a bit like I made in my suggestion here and be on our way. Breeze by him. We're 100% in the right.
>>
>>29076857
He doesn't know that and I'd rather overestimate him than underestimate and allow a problem.
>>
>>29076873
Let's at least try and see if he'll let us by with no more trouble. I doubt he'd be any sort of hassle if he tries to stir shit.
>>
>>29076893
You mean try AGAIN. Also, all he has to do is make them question whether we can handle the responsibility of being a parole officer.
>>
>>29076953
But wouldn't he be working against his own intrest of wanting to keep Nymph out of prison and alive?
>>
>>29078306
That implies that he'd actually know the implications of his actions beforehand. Sometimes the best of intentions do backfire.
>>
>>29079251
How about this, we do like >>29075869 and >>29075891 then if that doesn't work we'll ask if he knows exactly what she's done. If he says no, we explain what she's done. Sound like a good compromise?

Gotta admit, if she really did open up to this fuckin stranger I feel kinda betrayed. I'd like to say Harmony feels the same.
>>
>>29075869
>>29075891
>>29076042
>>29076091
>>29076654
>>29080105
Did that guy just imply you were the bad guys and the racist ones about changelings?
Only pinecones, you’re literally shaking!
“Second chance?” Your eye twitches “SECOND CHANCE? Listen here!” You hiss “With what she’s done, Sweetheart should be in jail for the rest of her life if she was just a pony. Or even worst! The only reason she can still see the sun is because I took it on myself to vouch for her. I AM THE ONE WHO SECOND CHANCE! And now I’ve got to prove I’m watching over her. That’s why I need to take her right now or everyone including her will be in trouble!”
“So please…” You say, that ‘please’ not to get his blessing about your actions, but to ask him to spare Gust the trouble of bucking his teeth in if he doesn’t comply “…GET OUT OF MY WAY!”

The stallion open his mouthed to answer, but then closes it as he finds none to give you. He then pitifully steps aside, avoiding your glare like the spineless colt he is.

Damn, being evil feels good... Sweetheart offered you classes you remember. Maybe you should take them?

Still, when you go out with Sweetheart on Gust’s back…
“What did she told you actually?” You ask the colt, out of curiosity “She’s a changeling, but do you know what kinds of crimes she committed?”
“W-well… She was going to tell me, b-but it looked so hard for her to look back at it… so I just said that could wait…” He answers, his voice showing hints of doubt.

>What do?
>>
>>29080720
uh huh. well let's go. there really isn't a minute or second to spare.
>>
>>29080720
I don't care. Let's get her to the barracks.
>>
>>29080720
Funny that, she didn't seem so troubled about it last time she spoke about it to us.

This has gone on for long enough, let's go to the barracks.
>>
>>29080745
>>29080789
>>29080868
You simply nod as you go away. For the first time in your life, you’re not very keen on learning about new people.

You swiftly arrive at the barracks, and manage to check in 5 minutes before the time limit.

Though, the fact that’s she’s been paralysed does pick up the officer’s attention.
“Did something unusual happen?” He ask you, quite neutral about it.

>What do?
>>
>>29081008
nope.
>>
>>29081008
Heh, this >>29081027. Bard is NOT in the mood.

Nope. If he pushes it say she went gallivanting without our knowing, nothing serious though.
>>
>>29081027
>>29081101
“Eh… Nope!” you shrug with a tense smile.
The officer obviously realises there might be something fishy with this. But if he says something about it, he’s going to have to find out what exactly, and that might be a lot of work to do. And we’re just before noon, and there’s fried sunroots today. So he just gives you a nod instead, and you’re free to go.

>What do?
>>
>>29081128
Now lets go home and have a chat with our charge.
>>
>>29081128
time to go home and reprimand sweetheart for being a bad prisoner. smack her flank and put her in the corner so she can think about what she did.
>>
>>29081128
Take Sweetheart home, take her into our room with only us and unfreeze her.

>>29081143
Let's not get too gun-ho.
>>
>>29081143
Lets take this a bit slower.
>>
>>29081140
>>29081143
>>29081240
>>29081283
Now that you’ve successfully fulfilled your duty, you carry the changeling back to the manor.

And while you’d gladly tie Sweetheart up and spank her for her bad behaviour, you decide to simply unfreeze her while everyone is watching, which accounts for six judgemental glares at her and one look who wonders if there’s a chance she came back with food.

“Mistakes were made…” You sternly let out, and the body of the changeling jerks as the moving muscles reactivates.
The first thing the changeling does is to let out a huge sigh, filled with a little relief from being able to move again and tons of frustration from her current situation.
Slowly, she places herself in a sitting position, and then just looks away to the wall in silence, a scrunch of hopelessness and defeat on her face.

>What do?
>>
>>29081398
Well, Nymph? What do you have to say for yourself?
>>
>>29081468
“Well, Nymph? What do you have to say for yourself?” You coldly demand.

The changeling sighs again, but she seems to ponder. It’s quite obvious you would let her go unless you get an answer, though.

“Alright, here, listen…” She eventually starts, obviously still struggling to find her words.
“I probably should have been honest but… Nah, that’s not it…”

The marks a pause, stifling a swear word.

“Alright” She starts again “Let’s just say… I think we REALLY should be parting ways. I mean, listen. It’s not about you, but I think everyone will be better off I just try to make it on my own.”
“I think I got it.” She cringes “I would rather have sawed my legs off with a teaspoon than to say what I’m about to say only a few days ago, but I think your whole… you know, friendship and living with others thingy, well… I think it got to me somehow… I mean, look! I told the truth to Bear Trim, and you were right. He wasn’t scared. You were right Harmony. There’s other… ponies like you out there.”

“But honestly, I think I need to work on my own way from now on. I don’t think I can start to have my own life while I’m forced to share yours, but I hadn’t really thought about that through yet.”
“So… yeah, after I managed to get away from this minotaur thug, I decided to make a run for it… But I thought that was for the better. And I still do. So…” She looks in your eyes, a hopeful resolution you didn’t know her in hers “Harmony. I know I’ve been a bad friend. But would you still accept to let me be on my way?”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow

Running chance: 85/100
Drawing Flickerwhiz chance: 50/100
>>
>>29081715

Does she think we're retarded?
>>
>>29081715
Give her a hug. Oh Nymph, you know that you're my friend and you can tell me anything, don't you? You have to know that I can't just let you escape the law. I have a responsibility. Gale has a responsibility. We're responsible for you right now and I would love to see you be fee. I understand how you could want to go your own way but you have to realize that after all this... it's kinda hard to trust you. I want to trust you, I really do. What would you even do all by yourself now?
>>
hell no
>>
>>29081725
neat
>>
>>29081715
Even if she did just leave, she'd just spend the rest of her life running and hiding from the law and the pony that wanted to abduct her.
>>
>>29086586
>>29082506
>>29082703
You shake your head. Despite the speech she put up, you can’t really bring yourself to trust the changeling. Still, you take her in a compassionate hug. She obviously would prefer to be left alone, but she doesn’t deny your use of her cosmetic pudge.

“Oh Nymph, you know that you're my friend and you can tell me anything, don't you?” You softly tell her “You have to know that I can't just let you escape the law. I have a responsibility. Gale has a responsibility. We're responsible for you right now and I would love to see you be free!”
“Really…?” The changeling grumbles, still frustrated about having her escape plans foiled. “You never really was the kind to follow laws and rules other than your own…”

“This time it’s different.” You pat her head “I understand how you could want to go your own way but you have to realize that after all this... it's kinda hard to trust you. I want to trust you, I really do. What would you even do all by yourself now?”
“I… Hum… I’m not sure, but I thought I’d find something as long as I could do what I wanted… And…” She adds, sounding embarrassed “I’m… sorry I guess. I thought since I’m going to be on my own eventually, this was a good time to start.”

“And the law and that pony wizard would have been hot on your rump forever…”
“Huh!” Sweetheart puffs her chest out a gust of pride “Even if you didn’t find me, that wizard would have failed still. And I never really had the law ever on my side anyway…”

>What do?
>>
Tired as hell, so this is going to be the only post for taday.
I'm traveling to see family tomorrow, so I don't know if I'll have the energy to run
>>
>>29086759
I don't know. He doesn't seem like the type that would give up so easily. From what we heard about him, he sounds like he can do whatever he wants and he has the resources of that entire city at his disposal.
>>
>>29086759
You could always start being on the law's side, you know? It's pretty great.

>>29086766
You can always take a break until after Christmas, Pleens.
>>
>>29086759
>>29087689

This. Part of being a free mare means not having to spend your life running from things. If you really were ready to be free, you wouldn't run from your responsibilities and the people who care for you, you would embrace them and use them to your advantage. It's true that you shouldn't have to share our life, but you should let us help you build your own life. That's what friends are for.
>>
>>29089565
>>29086872
>>29087689
“I wouldn’t be so careless about that Starfall guy if I were you.” You shake your head “That wizard sounds like he won’t give up so easily.”
“If you ask me…” Flickerwhiz interjects with a shrug “He’s more whimsical than anything, so I honestly can’t say how much effort he’s ready to invest in your chase. He thought having you sent to him would be easy. Since we’ve thrown his plans apart twice already, he may just call it quit if it’s too much of a bother for him. Especially if another magical curiosity picks up his attention.”

“But still” You say, giving the unicorn a nod before turning back to the changeling “You should try being on the side of the law. You won’t feel any freer if you spend all you time running away from people. There’s no freedom without responsibilities!” You remember your dad telling you, at the time he tried to talk you out of living on the road. You also remember you should maybe write to him since the last time he heard from ‘you’ was when Greenbeard had to send him a letter in your name when she impersonated you…
“Besides, we’re not here to stop you from starting your own life.” You say as you tell yourself you’ll say hello when you’ll pass near home “On the contrary! We’re here to help you do that!”
“Alright, alright…” Sweetheart says after letting out the annoyed sigh of an annoying teenage filly “So, what I should do, would be…” She sounds a little unsure of herself “Trying to figure out what I want to do first, and then talk to you about it?”

>What do?
>>
Also, since I'm not going to be able to deliver the Flickerwhiz drawing in at least a week, here's an extanded description of him

The unicorn named Flickerwhiz displays a beige coat to the world, a quite tame tone which makes the attention shift naturally toward his mane, a mess of short but curled and carrot-coloured hairs which oversee the unicorn’s head like a small portion of orange spaghetti. You’ve already seen the small bush of hair in a more ordered fashion, but this looks way more natural on him. His tail is very short, and could be described as only a paint brush resting on his rump and shares the colour of the unicorn’s mane. His palette places Flickerwhiz among the more warmly-coloured unicorns, a race which more often displays hues like sky blue, pure alabaster or green mint. Only his cutie mark, three four-branch stars remind the world his deal is magic, as their colours, ice blue, fire red and bright yellow seem to be a call back to the shine of magic around one’s horn. Funnily enough though, Flickerwhiz’s magic produces a shine which reminds of his mane colour more than anything else. Despite being a little taller than most ponies, his lanky, almost frail constitution fails to inspire any fear.

His deep brown eyes are alive with intelligence, and dart rapidly around when he isn’t focussed on anything in particular. This and his quick but not particularly dexterous movements make him look a little uneasy in all situations, as if he was looking out for some bogey monster ready to come out from behind the curtains. Especially since his mouth often remains half often in an involuntary expression of slight surprise. Luckily for him, when his eyes finally decide to take interest in something, this attitude gives him the aura of a quite knowledgeable pony, driven to discoveries by his own curiosity.
>>
>>29092548
Sounds like a descent place to start. Has Starfall ever been denied anything? Sometimes, when somebody wants something and don't get it, people can start wanting it more. Things can get messy if pride gets involved.
>>
>>29092548
That sounds like a good start.
>>
>>29092745
>>29092747
“That sounds like a start!” You affectinnately scrub the mane of the changeling, which only lets out her usually bored sigh, but this time with also a timid smile from her.
“Flickerwhiz!” You call the unicorn once you’ve released Sweetheart from your embrace. “That Starfall guy sounds like a pony who’s never been denied anything. He might actual go even harder on us if we hit his pride, don’t you think?”

“Sorry, I was never his personal advisor or anything…” Flickerwhz shakes his head “So I can only tell from what I’ve seen. Starfall, he’s… Well he isn’t the devil either. He occasionally teaches some courses himself, and he wasn’t haughty and would gladly answer questions at the time. And even when he sent me on this… errant, he was very casual, just like if I just had to catch a frog in the park for dissection.”
“The frog tells you to go boop a cactus!” Sweetheart hisses.

“Ahem…” The unicorn continues despite the banter aimed at him “My opinion of Starfall is that he’s just way too used to being in power, and not a psycho. So like I said…” He shrugs “I’m not sure how he’s going to react.”

You guess that’s the end of your trouble for now… Should you try to make sure Starfall is not going to try something else? Or maybe you could actively try to find Sweetheart something to do? Heartshape could also like that. Or… Maybe it’s just time to have fun! And prepare for a date…

>What do?
>>
>>29092841
Time for us to finally relax! Let's get on to our date.

Take Flick aside and ask him (with minimal spaghetti) where that place is to go for our date.
>>
>>29092903
“While Sweetheart was giving some lukewarm apologies to everyone else for running away, you take the occasion to discretely talk with Flickerwhiz about… more pressing matters”

“So… hum, now that we’re settled with this” You whisper in his ear “How about… you know, we go on with the… hum... the D-thing.”
“The D-D-thing?” Flickerwhiz repeats “You mean the D-d-da-“
“Hush!” You cut him, both your faces as red as pepper. But it’s too late, and already the mention of half the fateful word turned on a couple of primal grand-daughter defence mechanisms in the brain of Trotting Stone, who start looking this way with an inquisitive eye. “Y-yes. That D-thing!”

“I… Hum… I still probably need to make some arrangements.” He starts to walk away, a stupid looking grin on his reddened face “I-I’ll pick you here at 6!”

And as he runs away, you can feel the ice cold glare of a protective Gramps on his back.

>What do?
>>
>>29093000
Feel nevous but happy. Our first date! We better go freshen up right now! Would we have enough time to go back to Bear Trim so he can do our mane?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
Well that worked out I guess.
>>
>>29095838
>>
>>29093069
Finally it’s settled.
You play with your hooves as your cheeks still feel a little warm. Your first date, your milestone as a young maiden, and you’ve only had to chase and pin the stallion to the ground to get it…
And for such an occasion, you’re going to need to be on your best!

Do you need a dress? Jewellery? There’s so much to decide! It’s only about noon, and right now you feel like getting freshened up already!
You know a mane dresser at least, and without a word, you slip by to Bear Trim’s

The stallion is quite surprised to see you, but still he doesn’t refuse when you tell him you’re here for a cut.
“S-so.” “Ahem… What kind of cut do you want?” He asks, more than a little confused, and probably with other questions in mind.

>What do?
>>
>>29098166
Well we've never styled our mane before, so how about we just clean up what we got. Going overboard on making ourself look would would have the opposite effect.
>>
>>29098166
I have no idea. Something really girly?
>>
>>29098189
>>29098193
You’re tempted with going all out in the girly look. Being the pretty little mare… You unwillingly let out a dreamy sigh as you imagine yourself with a knee-long flowing mane.
B-but you’ve got to stay focussed, Harmony! Overdoing it won’t bring you any good.

“How about something… a LITTLE girly” You say “And clean it up got!”
“Huh… You don’t have much length…” Bear trim comments while he inspects your hair “Maybe a simple fringe and smoothing the rest of your mane around will do?”

You accept with a nod, and the stallion invites you to take a seat on the barber’s chair. He then makes it lean back and start to wash your mane with a strawberry-scented shampoo.
“S-so… How’s Sweetheart?” He inquires as his hooves massage your head

>What do?
>>
>>29098317
She's doing ok. I convinced her that not always being hunted by Johnny Law is actually good for her. She was really impressed that you heard her out. She was convinced I was the only pony there was open to Changlings. I'll be honest, I'm very surprised she opened up to a stranger like that.
>>
>>29098380
“She’s alright. I think managed to talk her into not being chased by Johnny Law all the time.”
“Hum…” The barber nods, rinsing your mane with hot water, which feels absolutely divine.

“Also, she was really impressed you actually heard her out!” You add.
“Huh? What do you mean?”
“She was convinced I’d be the only pony open about being with a changeling.” You expalin “And to be honest, I’m very surprised she opened up to you!”
“I-It’s nothing…” He says, his tone indicating the presence of a blush you can’t see. “It’s just… Actually… I thought she was so cute the first time I met. But…” Doubt creeps in his voice “Even when she told me she was a changeling… It was so sudden, I don’t even think I understood the implications.”
“That first time we met, sh-she just took advantage of me, didn’t she?”

>What do?
>>
>>29098487
Yes, yes she did. I'm sorry, Trim. Also I'm sorry for losing it on you earlier. It's been a long and frustrating day. Still, I have to thank you for the breakthrough with her. She has grown up being told that ponies have nothing but hatred for Changelings but with your help I think she's more open to the idea of living with ponies.
>>
>>29098571
“Yes, that’s true.” You admit “I’m sorry…”
The stallion lets on a saddened huff as he dries you mane. He also prepares a tub of lotion, his scissors and brush.
“Don’t worry, I’m not going to cut a lot.” He announces as he gets to work.

“…Also I'm sorry for losing it on you earlier.” You add a little embarrassed “It's been a long and frustrating day”
“Eh... That whole situation was just so crazy, I don’t think I’m not gonna hold a grudge about that.” He says with a chuckle.

“Thanks.” You reply as some small orange tuffs start falling from your head “And I have to thank you for the breakthrough with her. She has grown up being told that ponies have nothing but hatred for Changelings but with your help I think she's more open to the idea of living with ponies.”
“Huh…” The stallion ponders “I… Didn’t even thought about that. I mean, how Changelings live.”
“That’s… not a very bright story” You wince, and decide to tell him what Sweetheart told you about herself while the barber works.

You keep talking about Sweetheart, and eventually, Bear Trim finishes his work. You’re left with a quite aesthetic cut, your mane shining and nicely embracing your face while a fringe draws attention to your eyes. Your reflection look like a completely different person. And indubitably more marely.
The barber takes 7 coopers from you.

“Thanks!” you tell him as you stand up. “For everything!”
“I’m glad we could talk about his too.” He smiles back, but then looks concerned about something “Also… Do you think I could see Sweetheart again?”

>What do?
>>
>>29098739
Yes, that would be fine. You would cheer her up.
>>
>>29098739
I don't see why not. We haven't made plans to leave town yet.
>>
>>29098790
>>29098794
“Of course!” You nod “We haven’t made any plan to leave town yet.”
While he doesn’t burst in joy, the barber seems satisfied, and maybe a little intimidated with the idea of meeting the changeling again. You wish him goodbye and leave.

Now, what should you do? It’s around one now, and you have no plans for the afternoon yet.
And you’re really hungry…

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
Let's get something to eat.
>>
>>29099600

Something small though, we want to be ready for dinner.
>>
turn it up!
>>
>>29099980
This. Ponder what we should wear. I hope it isn't anyplace too formal.
>>
>>29098849
Now we need to see a picture of Harmony's new haircut AND a picture of Flickerwhiz.
>>
>>29101063
I know

But that'll probably have ot wait a week at least since I don't have my drawing stuff where I am
>>
Well fuck, internet is really shit where I am. I'm going to start a chrismas break now, so let's dispose of this thread.

I should be back around the 29th or something like that
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.