[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Re-watching mlp good or bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

>>
File: 1475155394600.gif (1MB, 577x572px) Image search: [Google]
1475155394600.gif
1MB, 577x572px
>>28988600
Good. You know which season to stop watching this time around.
>>
File: He's_right_you_know.jpg (72KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
He's_right_you_know.jpg
72KB, 800x598px
>>28988647
This. So much this.
>>
>>28988647
I stopped watching after S3 without having seen what seemed to be shitty after that. Feelsgoodman. S3 was shit too.
>>
>>28988647
>>28988663
>>28988671
take these fucking free (You)s and get the fuck outta here you cumguzzling faggots
>>
>>28988839
>rewatching only your favorite parts of the show equals being a fan of the fandom
Wow. Just wow. The memeing is strong in this faggot.
>>
>>28988855
>be triggered anon
>boy that episode sure triggered you this time, therefore you write it off forever as the worst thing in the world and vow to avoid it at all costs
>never stop preaching to everyone about how terrible this thing that triggered you was, even years down the road
>finally triggered anon grows a ball sack and facial hair and rewatches the thing that triggered
>weird, it didnt seem nearly as bad this time around
>triggered anon learns the valuable lesson that how we remember things isnt always reality
>>
>>28988862
Cool story, Jim.
>>
>>28988855
>The memeing is strong in this faggot
>>28988869
>Cool story, Jim.
pottery.
>>
>>28988862
That's a nice lesson unless you really, really hate something and know exactly why you do. Like, your waifu stands next to some guy and he touches her, and your favorite thing about a character is contradicted because that writer didn't value that thing as much as you do. How could you expect someone to re-watch something like that?
>>
>>28988883
grow some balls?
>>
>>28988883
>that writer didn't value that thing as much as you do
Anon, the writer is not the one to blame you want to fuck a fictional cartoon horse.
>>
>>28988895
I don't understand this sentence.
>>
>>28988883
This is bullshit. That "lesson" is stupid. It implies that if you don't like something, you're wrong, because everything is always perfect. The topic was, literally, "watch the parts you like in the show", but that faggot said, "if you want to watch some old episodes from The Simpsons, you absolutely must watch everything up to season 29 because I say so".

>>28988887
Maybe you should grow some balls and accept that not everyone likes the same things you do. It doesn't mean that the things you like are shit, but if you want to convince the rest of the world that they're wrong and you're right, you're a fucking asshole.
>>
>>28988902
It makes more sense when it's said out loud
>>
>>28988910
>Maybe you should grow some balls and accept that not everyone likes the same things you do
thats not what this convo is about faggot, its about rewatching shit you think was bad vs avoiding it like a pussy.
>>
>>28988918
>its about rewatching shit you think was bad vs avoiding it like a pussy
No, it's not, you dipshit. Where does >>28988855 say anything about "avoiding" anything? It says literally "rewatching only your favorite parts of the show"? Are you retarded?
>>
>>28988910
The context he used it in was stupid, and he's being an ass, for sure. But there are episodes that I disliked, and upon another two or three views, they grew on me and I didn't think of them as total shits. That's what I think's a good thing to keep in mind. Yeah, though, you're right. The way it's being used here is retarded, to tell people they're not allowed to have preferences.
>>
>>28988923
>only watching things you like =/= avoiding things you dont like
whats it mean then when you only rewatch episodes you like?
>>
>>28988932
Dear god, you're actually stupider than I thought. So, if you watch an Adam Sandler movie, it's shit like every movie he's ever done, and you don't rewatch it on a regular basis it means that you're "avoiding it like a pussy". Got it. Literally kill yourself.
>>
>>28988946
>on a regular basis
kek, adding shit. it didnt take much to make you mad.
youre avoiding rewatching it EVER. years later, avoid everything you remember being bad, only watch shit you deemed good the first time around.
im saying youre a pussy, grow some fucking balls, grow the fuck up and give shit another chance with a fresh mind.
>>
>>28988953
Let me get this straight, your problem with my equivalence is the "on a regular basis". So you actually think that not wanting to rewatch an Adam Sandler movie means that you're a pussy. Wow.

Now I'm curious, do you rewatch absolutely everything you watch, or just the things you didn't like, to prove that you're such a manly man with hairy balls?
>>
>>28988967
>do you rewatch absolutely everything you watch
yes, because my opinions and the way i view the world changes with time. shit i liked once upon a time i might find was actually pretty bad, and things i thought were pretty bad i find are actually damn great.
however, if you write off something due to one bad experience then youre just living the memory, not the reality. youre hiding from reality and living in your personal universe, and yes, it makes you a pussy.

whats with you and adam sandler? did you rape you or something?
>>
>>28988977
We live in very different worlds. I follow near 20 shows, and I watch about 100 movies a year. If I rewatched absolutely everything, I'd have to drop almost half of everything I currently watch. Every time I rewatch something, it's a lost opportunity to watch something new, so I only rewatch things that truly deserve it.

Sorry to ruin it for you, but maybe you rewatch compulsively everything because you're afraid of discovering new things.
>>
>>28989017
525,600 minutes in a year, lets take 8 hrs a day out for sleep, leaving 350400 minutes. 100 movies at an average runtime of 90 minutes would be 9000 minutes, and 20 shows running lets just say 40 minutes per episode with 26 episodes per season because were in barbaric overkill how stupid this argument is territory, which comes out to 20,800 minutes.

so youve spent 29,800 minutes of your 350,400 minutes, leaving you with 320,600 minutes to do whatever you want. perhaps you could invest some of that into rewatching shit instead of investing it into meaningless anonymous arguments over the internet.

by the way, watching something old with a new mindset is the same as watching something new. even barring that i doubt you can recall every single detail from every single thing youve ever watched ever.
>>
>>28989042
>you could invest some of that into rewatching shit instead of investing it into meaningless anonymous arguments over the internet
I do invest much time rewatching things. It's just, I don't want to spend so much time rewatching things I've already watched as I spend watching new stuff for the first time, so I'm selective.
And I don't know why should I cut the time I invest into meaningless arguments. Today I had a funny argument with some random faggot who not only thought he knew better than me the things I should like, but he also tried to convince me to change my habits and spend more time doing the things he likes instead the things I like. It's cheap entertainment, but it was way funnier than some sitcoms I watched last year.

>i doubt you can recall every single detail from every single thing youve ever watched ever
Of course I don't. But even admitting that something I watched long ago would be the same as something new for me now, that still doesn't make it any more valuable than something that is actually new for me.
>>
File: Care for a cupcake.jpg (112KB, 1024x989px) Image search: [Google]
Care for a cupcake.jpg
112KB, 1024x989px
>>28988600
Just rewatch the entire show, Anon. You will see new things and details you never noticed before and maybe you will like episodes you didnt like before.
>>
>>28988862

I still haven't watched the Troubleshoes episode, everything after Flutter Brother except the last 4 episodes of the season, brotherhooves social. I will say that other than brotherhooves social I think I made the right choice to skip those episodes because nothing seemed interesting about them through the previews or plot synopsis. Those episodes all came off as having a bland story (and I made the mistake of watching more than half of season 6 even though it suffored the same issue) and I don't regret it. Will I watch them sometime? Maybe, but I'don't have to be pretty desperate. The only one I've thought I possibly gave a bad rap to without it deserving it is Brotherhooves, so I will probably end up watching that. There's nothing 'triggering' about those episodes, it's just that the story doesn't seem too great to me so I'd rather just be watching something else.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.