[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am sick of all this talk of a dead fandom. So I'm ready

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: Demon Slayer.jpg (3MB, 3585x3306px) Image search: [Google]
Demon Slayer.jpg
3MB, 3585x3306px
I am sick of all this talk of a dead fandom. So I'm ready to make a difference.

I've been pitching ideas for an RPG game with Twilight and Shining Armor, as monster slayers of Equestria. An idea inspired from the comic series.

In order not to be fucked by Hasjews enormous moneycock, the game's characters should only bear a 'mild likeness' to the actual characters of MLP. Plus, I'd rather make Cuck Armor into a cooler-looking warrior character.

Yes, this means they are human characters. Nohooves-fags, BTFO.

Now, as far as graphics, I'd like to see something unique. A top-down RPG, but with 3D shading. Similar to the 3D sidescrollers that are gaining popularity. Instead of seeing straight down, you are looking at the character from a slight angle, so you can see with more depth.

As far as the combat, I want a flashy, well-animated turn-based combat system. Kinda like Final Fantasy. I feel like this has a lot of potential in a magical world like Equestria.

I'm looking for feedback, artists, and programmers to help me out with this. Make Equestria Great Again.
>>
So you want a turn based Landstalker.
>>
So you want people to make a game about your idea?

Fuck off
>>
>>28982363
Unsure what Landstalker is.

>>28982365
That'd a dickish thing to do, if I weren't planning on doing anything to help at all.
>>
>>28982369
Sega Genesis game.
>>
>>28982371
Actually, yes, very much like this, but with soft, beautiful textures.
>>
The fandom isn't dead, it's just smaller because boys who like girly things is no longer a "pop culture phenomenon" so the trendies have left, and this board in particular is...let's just say ill managed
>>
>>28982417
Scruffy has metaphorically wedged a toothpick under my nails.
>>
>>28982357
So what skills do you have to contribute to your idea?
>>
>>28982453
I am a great writer and have an eye for aesthetics, but I'm no programmer and my art skills are average at best.

So, I could write a script, but I'm not going to start unless I have at least a couple of people who'd be willing to work with me.
>>
Needs more Spike.
>>
>>
>>28982461
I was thinking Spike could be a very useful familiar.
>>
File: 1480536455619.jpg (158KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1480536455619.jpg
158KB, 900x675px
>>28982459
>>28982463

Man, I keep forgetting to namefag whenever I switch threads.
>>
File: no hooves.png (628KB, 950x701px) Image search: [Google]
no hooves.png
628KB, 950x701px
>>28982357
>Yes, this means they are human characters. Nohooves-fags, BTFO.
so theyre not even twi and shining, theyre just some generic humans no one gives a shit about.
>>
File: What's Thees.jpg (29KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
What's Thees.jpg
29KB, 1280x720px
>>28982500
I knew one would show up eventually!
>>
>>28982357
That sounds very unappealing and I don't care about those characters. Good luck with your game that's only a light, ambiguous reference to the fandom you're trying to save, anyway.
>>
>>28982357
>they are human characters
Get the fuck >>>>>/out/
>>
>>28982509
I have to agree with him.

Horses are cooler.

Other people have gotten away with it just fine. Just don't name them or something, and don't monetize it.
>>
>>28982357
>I'm looking for feedback, artists, and programmers to help me out with this. Make Equestria Great Again.
Ah, the "idea guy" that doesn't do any of the actual work, just spitballs all day. Good luck, champ.
>>
>>28982509
Dude, you aren't even doing shit. I have good ideas, and you don't see me begging for programmers and artists and shit. Learn to program yourself, get some basic framework for the game, then you can come here and ask for help. But only once you have something valuable already.
>>
>>28982459
Show us your prior work.
>>
>>28982357
That's not how it works. You want shit done - you make it happen, not ask others to do it for you. You've got a great eye for aesthetics, really? What a fucking joke.
And then there's the whole issue of it not even being pony related. They don't look like characters we know, since they're monster slayers they won't behave like characters we know and the setting, if you're looking to avoid legal trouble, will be different too.
So as another anon said, post your work. Prove me wrong and show that you're not full of shit.
Or just fuck off. Preferably fuck off.
>>
>>28982357
It's good that you want to create content. Here is some feedback on what you've posted so far.

>Yes, this means they are human characters. Nohooves-fags, BTFO.
You can't name the characters "Twilight Sparkle" and "Shining Armor" anyway, because that's trademark infringement. Making them human on top of that only makes your game less relevant to the MLP fandom. A game featuring pony totally-not-Twilight and totally-not-Shining will be more interesting to most MLP fans than one featuring human versions of the same.

Keep in mind that getting a C&D doesn't necessarily mean you have to abandon the project. If you change things to avoid infringing on whatever trademark they're complaining about, that's just as good.

>Now, as far as graphics, I'd like to see something unique. A top-down RPG, but with 3D shading
That sounds fine, but not particularly unique. Off the top of my head, the FF IV remake for Nintendo DS did roughly the same thing.
>>
>>28982459
>I could write a script, but I'm not going to start unless I have at least a couple of people who'd be willing to work with me.
This is the wrong approach. You need something to show artists and programmers to convince them that they're better off working with you than doing their own thing. All you have right now is an idea, which is worth approximately nothing, because every anon on this board already has game ideas of their own (and they probably like their own ideas better than yours).

If you want to be the writer and designer, then you should at the very least have a story outline and a rough design document. Who are the characters? What types of enemies do they fight in the early/mid/late parts of the game? What types of abilities do the characters have, and how does the player unlock new ones? Is there a class system? stats? upgradeable equipment?

Even better would be a prototype to demonstrate the gameplay and some of the visual style you want. It shouldn't be too hard to hack something up in Unity, even if it's buggy and the graphics are kind of lame. (Think of how TFH webms looked 6 months or so ago - they showed off the game mechanics pretty well, but half the graphics were still just hand-drawn sketches.)

But if you really have no art or programming experience at all, then you can probably get away with just the story and design as described above. That would at least show that you are competent and that you're willing to put some work into the project, instead of just being the "idea guy". (See >>28983062 and a few other posts ITT for what happens when people think you're just ideaguying.)
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.